• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Well this is only conceptual, and this concept only works so long as Taiyo gets a Phoenix summon, anyways here it is:
Phoenix Flare: an psuedo upgrade to the fireball technique. It's basically a homing fireball that can split into smaller fireballs for multiple targets.

Well this is only conceptual, and this concept only works so long as Taiyo gets a Phoenix summon, anyways here it is:
Phoenix Flare: an psuedo upgrade to the fireball technique. It's basically a homing fireball that can split into smaller fireballs for multiple targets.
That's basically phoenix flower Jutsu which is a basic level fire technique lel

Pheonix summon for Taiyo sounds cool though. I'm considering a thunderbird for Kiro actually.

See this is why I don't make jutsus lmao. I'm open to suggestions to make this not suck though.
When I think of flare, I think of something like a solar flare. You could flare up a large amount of fire around you that could blind the opponent. Even better, send out a bunch of powerful flames around the user setting everything up in flames. An AoE crowd control of sorts. Perhaps Pheonix flare could also be the name of the passive Taiyo gets when he's in his higher forms of FBS. Where he heats up the area around him to insanely hot temperatures. Could just be a technique as well, where he just heats up a certain area. Anyways, I'm just spitballing stuff at this point lel

Nah cuz that flows through your body
What do you mean? LCM and FBS are also chakra flow techniques. If you're going to be making variations of them, then how would you do that?

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
When I think of flare, I think of something like a solar flare. You could flare up a large amount of fire around you that could blind the opponent. Even better, send out a bunch of powerful flames around the user setting everything up in flames. An AoE crowd control of sorts. Perhaps Pheonix flare could also be the name of the passive Taiyo gets when he's in his higher forms of FBS. Where he heats up the area around him to insanely hot temperatures. Could just be a technique as well, where he just heats up a certain area. Anyways, I'm just spitballing stuff at this point lel

What do you mean? LCM and FBS are also chakra flow techniques. If you're going to be making variations of them, then how would you do that?
Well LCM goes through your body which is why your brain (reaction speed) and muscles (movement) get amped up. Idk why you get defense though. I don’t really know what Soul’s plan is for FBS to be honest but I think it’s also a chakra flow technique outside of your body. Crow armor is just armor made out of crow feathers that allow chakra flow like nature release

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Wait...that’s a thing? All attacks? That’s concerning...

@Retro Master is that true?
CE553-AE6-08-A7-4-C24-86-B6-2-E68-D2-D0-D5-CA.jpg

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
No, not all attacks. Strong piercing attacks like the chidori and wind style rasen shuriken have been shown to cut through. For example, in AU, Sagisō's hell stab would be able to pierce the armor.

So them for example, if Tomiko summoned up to big earth plates and smashed them into him, they would be deflected right off?

I just want to know what way they give cover, as it will be under Ay’s For sure, as he is a Kage level fighter.

So them for example, if Tomiko summoned up to big earth plates and smashed them into him, they would be deflected right off?

I just want to know what way they give cover, as it will be under Ay’s For sure, as he is a Kage level fighter.
I don't know about deflected. I'm unsure where Nebby got "deflect". The earth plates would still land on him. However, its defense is more like armor, so it would need something that could actually cut through it to damage him.

Ah...and just like her brother, Rittsu demonstrated the same astounding speed Katsuo had many times prior, vanishing in an instant. Only, something was different...Rittsu...was just a little bit faster.

Rittsu, now a considerable distance away from the actual fight, cast a jutsu in preparation for her next move.
The low-ranking Jonin’s arms were coated in a solidified, thick cloak of crackling lightning chakra all the way up to her shoulders.
So Rittsu is a low jonin but is apparently only a bit faster than Katsuo. Are you referring to Katsuo's base speed or with blood tentacles?

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
So right now I’m thinking a camel summon for Sema that has a mix of dust genjutsu and water vapor refraction for cover. And maybe Sema can use wind release to make it faster but idk how that would work. Also idk how a camel would do genjutsu or water vapor refraction lol but I want it.

Also I’d have to study mongol horse archer fighting styles cuz i wanna do something like that

Last edited:
Chūnin Exam Tournament Members
(Sweet Sixteen Round):
  1. Madoka
  2. Sakura
  3. Tomiko
  4. Kenji
  5. Shiho*
  6. Furījia
  7. Yasu
  8. Taiyo
  9. Raiku
  10. Sema
  11. Kai
  12. Mori
  13. Amari
  14. Hyō
  15. Senji
  16. Bobo
*If Koop does not return, replace Shiho with Zino.

With 16 members, we should have a perfect bracket that leads to the Elite Eight and eventually the Final Four before the finals.

Camel's store water in their humps, so you could say that the summon has an internal store of water that it kneads its chakra into. It can release that water as a spray or mist for water vapor.

Dust genjutsu needs some...specification. Which sense does it target: sight or touch?
I know this is nitpicky and doesn't really affect Neb's summon, but camels don't store water in their humps. They store fat reserves in there in case of a lack of food, which is why the humps are laying down in zoos as there is no reason for them to store fat. They are very efficient at using water though, being able to go seven months without the stuff

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Chūnin Exam Tournament Members
(Sweet Sixteen Round):
  1. Madoka
  2. Sakura
  3. Tomiko
  4. Kenji
  5. Shiho*
  6. Furījia
  7. Yasu
  8. Taiyo
  9. Raiku
  10. Sema
  11. Kai
  12. Mori
  13. Amari
  14. Hyō
  15. Senji
  16. Bobo
*If Koop does not return, replace Shiho with Zino.

With 16 members, we should have a perfect bracket that leads to the Elite Eight and eventually the Final Four before the finals.
Not to be that guy(the name's already taken anyway), but you forgot to put Tsuki on the list.

I know this is nitpicky and doesn't really affect Neb's summon, but camels don't store water in their humps. They store fat reserves in there in case of a lack of food, which is why the humps are laying down in zoos as there is no reason for them to store fat. They are very efficient at using water though, being able to go seven months without the stuff
The more you know :v
Not to be that guy(the name's already taken anyway), but you forgot to put Tsuki on the list.
Oh, we didn't forget. That's just the estimated bracket for the final exams.

We'll say, however, that there are only 16 spots in the finals and any OC can get them depending on how they perform in the second exams. Cheesing your way through the second exams by fighting an NPC won't be allowed, ofc.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
The more you know :v

Oh, we didn't forget. That's just the estimated bracket for the final exams.

We'll say, however, that there are only 16 spots in the finals and any OC can get them depending on how they perform in the second exams. Cheesing your way through the second exams by fighting an NPC won't be allowed, ofc.
Ah, that makes sense. Well, I guess I'll have to do my best to defy the predictions. It'll be an interesting challenge anyway.

A good point. Squids can’t exactly make handsigns lol.
Cause a squid wouldn't need to.
Rip my plan

Also how does hina’s summons do jutsu? I feel that would help me get an idea
They...just do it? There's no intricate explanation behind how Hina's summons do Jutsu. They have natures and they use their chakra to effect those natures.

If you want something to work with, then use actions, biology, and to an extent mythology. Kakashi's Ninja dogs do 'earth release' by just digging and throwing up dust and stuff. Temari's weasel just 'rides' her whirlwind. The 2nd Mizukage's clam expels Mist. Katsuyu can innately spit acid. Baku (Danzo's summon) just has...strong lungs? It just breathes at Jonin-level I guess. Ibuse (Hanzo's Salamander) is innately poisonous. Ninneko can use genjutsu, but it's never explained how. Manda just digs or coils around things.

Monkeys and Toads have been seen doing hand seals though.

If you want an explanation then I suggest you go Temari's route and get liberal with mythology. How exactly do you get a weasel to fly or ride on the wind though? Your guess is as good as mine.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Cause a squid wouldn't need to.

They...just do it? There's no intricate explanation behind how Hina's summons do Jutsu. They have natures and they use their chakra to effect those natures.

If you want something to work with, then use actions, biology, and to an extent mythology. Kakashi's Ninja dogs do 'earth release' by just digging and throwing up dust and stuff. Temari's weasel just 'rides' her whirlwind. The 2nd Mizukage's clam expels Mist. Katsuyu can innately spit acid. Baku (Danzo's summon) just has...strong lungs? It just breathes at Jonin-level I guess. Ibuse (Hanzo's Salamander) is innately poisonous. Ninneko can use genjutsu, but it's never explained how. Manda just digs or coils around things.

Monkeys and Toads have been seen doing hand seals though.

If you want an explanation then I suggest you go Temari's route and get liberal with mythology. How exactly do you get a weasel to fly or ride on the wind though? Your guess is as good as mine.
Hmm that doesn’t really help that much since camels are mostly used for cavalry in combat as a means of transportation.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Ok so I thought of special hooves armor infused with wind chakra to be speedy and pick up dust which the camel combines with yin release for genjutsu. Maybe for water style spit attacks? And then I guess for the vapor thing I can do breathing technique