• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Naruto: One's Nindo

Hisato munched on a piece of chicken in one hand then took a bite out of some beef in his other hand. Alteringback and fourth. He smiled at Asahi not knowing what she was talking about. He continued to eat for a few minutes when it registered in his head that she asked if he poisoned the food.

"Poisoned what? Why would I poison your food? That's stupid. For starters, its wasting food. No. Look at me, Purple. Look at me. My eyes are up here, thankyou" Hisato said pointing at his eyes.

Poison is for pest control. Like rats and bugs. Not ninja control. You don't play with poison. It does not belong near food, small children's reach nor should it ever be used on people in general. Haha! Don't be silly, Purple! Plus you can't make new friends if your going around poisoning people. Dumbass noob mistake, smh. Chew chew, Asahi! It's good food. Wasting food is bad" Hisato said right before taking a big bite out of his chicken.

Last edited:

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Raiku had of course been spending most of his time since the Forest of Death training. His father had given him a new ninja tool which Raiku had been getting used to, but still did not utilize for most of his time while training. He had instead focused on continuing his training with synergizing with Ramer in techniques since he viewed Crow Summoning as his most powerful arsenal. That's not to say he didn't train in other aspects as well, but that was either basic or utilized crows in some way. After finishing one session of training that was only a couple of days before the exams, he decided to go back to the village to go see if he could find anyone participating in the exams to fight him.

Fortunately for Raiku, someone had a similar idea in mind and found the Uchiha first. He gave a wave back at his friend and nodded in agreement.

"I was having the same thoughts Taiyo. Let's go to the Third Training Ground, it seems like a good fit for a place to fight in."

"That makes perfect sense!" Asahi smiled as she chewed on her last bit of chicken. "Cat names are tough you know, um what was your name? I'm Smiley, the best ninja in Hasa, although my sisters won't admit it. We should go get more snacks, I need to bring some back. Anything sweet would do, like cookies." She leaned back and started cleaning her teeth with a toothpick. "Or maybe we can find ice cream."

Hisato held his thumb up when Asahi Smiley said her fake name. "I'm Hisato Glooorious Gato. But you can just call me Hisato. I'm basically the best ninja from the mist, but the other ninjas prolly would foolishly disagree as wellll... " Hisato said.

"Cookies?" Hisato said standing up.

"Ice cream?!" Hisato said slamming his hands excitedly on the table.

"Yes! A thousand times, yes! Cookies!" Dolan said ready to burst with joy.

Hmmm... Hisato said poking a bone from his pinky and attempted to use it like a toothpick.

“Yeah, it’s a bit deformed, but I can see it.”

Kiro agreed with her observation when he looked up at the cloud Shiho was pointing at. All it would take was some focus and a bit of imagination to notice that the outline of the white puffy cloud seemed to resemble that of a chicken. At least, it was close enough. Now he couldn’t unsee the deformed chicken floating in the sky above then. That was definitely on his list as one one of the weirder things he had seen in the Leaf. They hadn’t even started today’s tour and Kiro had already been shown something unexpected. He looked back Shiho, wondering what else she had in store for him.

“So, you want to keep looking at the clouds or shall we head out? Where we going today or is that gonna be a surprise too?”

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo
The world seemed keen on rewarding Taiyo's proactivity. Not only was Raiku on board with the idea, he even suggested where they should fight, something that didn't even occur to the fiery shinobi. Excitement was pulsing through his veins, almost leaving the Uchiha behind in the process. Fortunately, his manners managed to temper his emotions.

"Sounds great! I'll see you there." After confirming the location of the fight, the Leaf-nin raced off just like his sister's when she spots a candy stand at the markets. Of course, Taiyo was very familiar with the Third Training Ground, as were many shinobi that hailed from Konoha. Satō had brought the fiery shinobi to the grounds many times to go over rudimentary Taijutsu when he was fresh from the academy. Not only was it an ideal training ground, but it was a great place to relax with lunch once training was complete.

It'd be cool if Raiku and I got some grub after we're done. Something like old times...

Asahi's jaw dropped as she watched the boy casually take a bone out of his finger and began to pick his mouth with it. She wasn't sure if she was amazed or grossed out. She had been told that breaking a bone was a painful thing, but this guy pulled one out like it was nothing. Did he have extra bones? Was his finger now a small pouch of only blood and tissue? Will she need to call a doctor? Would they get a mint along with the check? So many questions attacked Asahi's mind until she was finally able to spit one out.

"Are you stupid or something? You're not supposed to take your bones out."

As Hisato finished using his pinky bone as a toothpick, he slowly retracted the bone back into his finger. He licked around his teeth feeling for food particles, but was contempt that his teeth were adequately cleaned for now.

Hisato looked at Asahi with a sarcastic look of confusion and disbelief.

Hisato let out a deep sigh of almost disappointment. "Sometimes people just take their bones out. It it makes you feel better it was just the tip. and its back where its supposed to be" Hisato said holding up his perfectly normal pinky.

"We're getting cookies, right? Focus Smiley! your sisters are probably hungry too!" Hisato said cheerfully patting Asahi on the shoulder.

Hisato got up, "So where to next?" Hisato asked.

Asahi was now struggling to decide if she could trust a person who liked to casually take out their own bones. But then Hisato mentioned cookies and her worries were swept away. She smiled brightly and paid her meal before stepping out to the streets once again.

"Now if I were to buy some cookies, where would I go?" She closed her eyes and tried to concentrate on the noises and smells around her. "A bakery!" Asahi nodded proudly while placing her hands on her hips. "We need to find a bakery."

With a set goal in mind she began to walk down the street, making sure she didn't get mixed up in any multitude of people so her babysitter could keep watching her. It wasn't until a few blocks she realized she had no idea where to find a bakery. With worried feelings creeping to her mind, she rushed to an old man who was struggling to walk, and asked for some directions.

"Sir! Do you know where I can find a bakery?" Asahi was ready to memorize the instructions, her eyes gleaming with hope.

"Huh?!" The old man leaned closer, turning his right ear towards Asahi.

"Sir! Do you know where I can find a bakery?" Asahi said a bit louder.

"Speak louder!"

"A BAKE ARY!" Asahi shouted, causing some people to give her mean looks.

"Slavery?" The old man seemed shocked and shook his head. "Takes me back to the days of when I used to own slaves. It was about 80 years ago, I was as active as a stallion and had money to throw around. Every night I would go and find a new girl or guy, we didn't judge back then, to add to my collection. Sometimes it would rain and we would be outside and crazy things happened in the mud, which is very healthy for your skin. Takes me back to about 60 years when I was a professional skin care doctor, I had the best of customers, all beautiful ladies and men, we didn't discriminate back then, everything was allowed in the mud baths. But to make a short story shorter, I bought slaves and game them a home and then we all became a family."

Asahi listened actively to the old man, and she had so many questions to ask Karui and Sagiso when she returned, but for now she needed to figure out what any of that had to do with cookies. "WHERE CAN I FIND COOKIES?"

"Bookie? I haven't heard that name in a long time... people used to call me Bookie because I was able to kill people with just a book. I still can, but nobody believes me. Why do you know my war name? Do you need me in the frontlines? Is about time we killed those damn Uchiha, I will smack em upside down with my thickest book."

"COO-KIES!"

After leaving the restaurant, Hisato followed Asahi around, and attempted to point several directions which failed to lead to any bakery.

They found an old man who told them of his slave owning past. "Mhm. Go on. Ah. I see. Good for you! "Hisato went as the old man told his story.

"Wow. From slave owner to skin care doctor. Cool story old boy" Hisato said

"Did Bookie kill those damn Uchiha ninjas too?" Hisato asked.

"Pay attention ya old bastard, she said cookies. Damn" Hisato said.

Hisato looked at Asahi with a confused gesture and shrugged.

Moving pass the topic of cloud gazing, Shiho pushed herself off the wall as she prepared to leave. "Yeah that's enough waiting around, let's get going." Turning around, Shiho began rubbing her chin as she pondered their next destination. "Hmm let's see, we've already gone to the Hokage Rock, the village's library, academy, cemetery, shrines and other memorial places, we've pretty much seen the locations of every clan grounds in the village and been through everywhere on the main street. I even took him to see our hot springs, nothing too steamy of course." The girl thought as she remembered all the locations she had already taken the foreign Shinobi to during all the previous times they met.

"Well as far as I can remember, there's one last place that's worth taking a look at." She began. "Come on Kiro, let's go to the Uchiha District." She declared before quickly walking off.

"Bah!" The old man swatted away at the air and flipped Hisato off. "You kids are all rude these days, are you gonna buy some of my cookies or not?"

He held up a basket covered with a red blanket which was removed to show a pile of butter cookies, some golden brown from the bottom, some a bit burnt, and some perfectly yellow all around. He held up the basket to Asahi's face and the girl's eyes widen with excitement.

"I'll take these much!" She held out a small pouch with coins in them.

"Ah? Munch? Yes yes yes, of course..." The old man took the pouch and counted the coins before holding up two fingers. "You can take 2 dozens."

"Two thousand?! Old man you don't have enough!" Asahi was preparing to strike the man who was trying to fool her.

"Eh? Are you def? Twelve." The old man held up the basket again.

Asahi took some of the golden brown ones and a few burnt ones, she always liked that burnt taste on bread or cookies. She placed them in a small handkerchief and folded it neatly before putting them in her leg pouch.

"Let's go Hisato, mission accomplished!"

Mori had spent some time wandering around Konoha and thinking about the next exam. He did well and passed the second exam, but at what cost? He passed the exam and made it to the third round, but Tomiko didn't. If only he was a bit faster, a bit stronger, a bit more careful, then the whole team could have passed alongside him. Flexing his fingers. the boy sat down on a nearby rock and basked in the warmth of the sunlight. He'd just have to win the final exam to make up for that.

-----------------

Taji did not spend her time sight-seeing in Konoha, there was no reason for her to spend time in the village after being thoroughly outclassed by a giant centipede. She could not pierce through its armor just yet and insects were practically immune to genjutsu because of their primitive brains, allowing her scroll to be taken whilst she was not paying attention. Tying her hair in a bun, the girl let herself fall down a branch, not falling off because her legs were wrapped around the branch before pulling herself up. If she was going to stick around, she might as well get some training in.

The Uchiha district had been one of the places Kiro was actually interested in visiting. He couldn’t lie to himself. He wanted to know what the people who shared his bloodline were really like. So far, the two Uchiha Kiro knew were disgraceful and he could barely stand the thought of them. Were they all full of themselves just because of the blood that ran through their veins? Did they think that gave them power? No, it didn’t and Kiro was living proof of that.

A little boy just laid on a wet surface bloodied and beaten. This had been a constant for the last few months of his life. Trembling, he couldn’t even move if he was wanted to. Perhaps he had already accepted his fate. Not to die, but to endure this hell. All he could do was close his eyes and brace himself for more punishment. With a piercing gaze, the Mist shinobi that stood above him raised a foot and then brought it down forcefully.

“YOU-“ *STOMP*

“WORTHLESS-“ *STOMP*

“BRAT!” *STOMP*

After stomping the boy multiple times, he delivered a kick right into his side and sent him flying into a nearby brick wall. The kid let out a pained gasp as he hit the wall before falling facedown into the murky water over the ground with a splash. After walking up to the kid, the ninja kneeled down and grabbed the boy by his black hair to pull his head up. Water dropped off his soaked hair and down his face as he watched the Mist shinobi’s expression soften to speak to him in a calm manner.

“There, there. I won’t mess up your perfect little face. Listen, I was wrong. You’re not worthless. I shouldn’t need to explain this to you again, but there’s nothing you can do about what you are born as. You’re a very privileged boy. Not everyone has the best of everything gifted to them by doing nothing. Your intelligence. Your combat skill. Even your physical appearance. That’s all because what you are. Be grateful for that. Hey, listen to me...”

The man tightened his lips and let out an audible sigh as he looked to the side. Evidently, he wasn’t quite pleased with the boy’s less than interested demeanor. To be fair, the boy was listening, but he couldn’t bring himself to look. He could barely think straight at this point with his emotions being an unwise combination of rage and sorrow. Unfortunately, he was still too weak to do anything about it. Not that the man cared as his breaking point had been reached again. Glaring at the boy now, the soft, sympathetic tone of the man grew deeper as it erupted into one of fury.

“LISTEN TO ME.”

“S-sorry, sir...

The boy’s voice quivered with an apology before he felt a familiar ice cold grip around his neck. Fear colored his black eyes as he was lifted off his feet. Tightening his stranglehold, the man met the black eyes of the helpless boy who struggled hopelessly.

“Let me remind you again. You’re nothing more than a slave to our will. A tool for the Blood Mist. And a weapon for us to sharpen however we like. That’s all you are here.”

Throughout the various places he visited in the Leaf, there was always a constant. Certain Konoha ninja were always roaming the streets, their black eyes constantly overlooking the droves of people that swarmed the village streets. Although they wore the standard Konoha-nin attire, there was a symbol emblazoned on the shoulders. It was a four-point blue star with the crest of the infamous Uchiha clan embedded into the centre instead of the regular Uzushiogakure symbol.

The guidance of Shiho had led him to the village library, which ended up being a fountain of knowledge for him. The controversial existence of the Uchiha Police Force, how the Leaf was founded, and even the meaning of that symbol Konoha ninja seemed to wear with pride were only among a few of the things he’d learnt there. Of course, there was still much more information for Kiro to soak up, but time was a currency he couldn’t afford to spend all in one place.

Needless to say, the village library was a favorite among the many locations he had been too so far. He had to say that the Hokage Monument did provide him a physical sense of how vast the history the village was. It was like a historical imprint of four supposedly great leaders overlooking the Leaf. They lived in the past, watched the present, and would endure the future for many generations to come. Funny enough, even with their advanced vision and importance in the village, there was not one Uchiha up there. That was another constant that remained. Kiro would make sure it did.

Of course, Kiro expertly hid his mixed emotions under a mask of nonchalance as he began to follow Shiho. Maybe the experience would find him less annoyances than he did going to the hot springs during the end of summer when it was packed with a whole bunch of other tourists. It was quite the coincidence that the Uchiha grounds would be the last place she was going to take him. Perhaps Shiho needed to get permission or something. The Police Force all looked like they had a stick shoved up their ass so he wouldn’t be surprised if they limited access to the clan grounds. Raising his voice to speak in a more lax manner, Kiro made his intrigue in the decision of his tour guide known.

“Hey, Shiho, so why did you save the Uchiha for last? I know how notable the Uchiha are, so I am interested to see where they live. Checking out the Hokage Monument seems like it would’ve been the perfect finale for a tour though. What do you think?”

"Huh? Why I saved the Uchiha for last? Well its because... umm." Hearing the sudden question asked by her current companion, the young Hyuga was unprepared to answer such a question. "Hmm, I don't think I really have a reason for why I saved them for last. I guess its just that the other places we've already visited popped out in my head more, not saying the Uchiha are uninteresting or anything like that." Shiho explained. The girl's choice of where they visited before another being nothing more than simple in the moment thinking. "I suppose you're right about the Hokage monument being a better place to end our tour, but we're way pass that." She shrugged. "I'll keep that in mind if I ever have to guide people around the village again."

"Anyways since we're on the topic, do you wonder why the Uchiha have a district all to themselves? Well I do. I have always wondered why our fellow Dojutsu clan are in a separate area in the village." Shiho confessed. "I don't know if this information is true or just a rumor but my brother told me that the reason the Uchiha are somewhat separated from the rest of the village dates back to the Second Hokage. He told me that Lord Second really didn't like the Uchiha and would subtly try to isolate them. Of course there's no way to verify these claims since the time of the Second Hokage was a long time ago and my brother even told me to not take this too seriously." The girl spoke, casually blurting out some highly controversial pieces of trivia.

“I didn’t mean for you to take it that seriously. Either way, this tour has been pretty entertaining, which is all thanks to you. To be honest, you could probably make some money on the side by taking people on tours.”

Complimenting the girl on being a good tour guide, Kiro suggested something that just came up in his head. He thought it was a decent idea. She’d definitely be pretty popular. Not only did Shiho know about every interesting place in the village, she also knew interesting details about each place, such as the thoughts the Hyūga had just shared with him. Even though wasn’t from the Leaf, he had still learnt a decent about of the history of the Uchiha to actually comment on this.

“As for the Uchiha, from I know, they were apparently suspected for being behind the nine tails attack like 13 years ago. The suspicion might’ve caused them to be relocated to the outskirts of the village and if I didn’t know any better, I’d assume they were under strict surveillance as well.”

Kiro didn’t know much about the second Hokage’s policies. From the the brief biography he did read, that description Shiho gave on him seemed to be accurate. The Uchiha appeared to be a cursed clan so it was only logical that they were kept at arm’s length. One could only wonder what the first Hokage saw in the Uchiha clan. Perhaps the police force was just another way for Tobirama to distance the Uchiha from taking part in the actual governing of Konoha. Maybe it was actually a sign of trust and good faith between the Senju and Uchiha. Who knew? Like Shiho said, that was a very long time ago. The only people who may know some of the truth were perhaps the current Hokage and maybe the Uchiha.

“A book I read in the library said the Uchiha faced a lot of discrimination after the nine tails attack until the clan head was able to mend relations with the fourth Hokage, but it never said how.”

The Yellow Flash of the Leaf had lost both his wife and son during the attack, so one could only imagine the rage and pain he felt. If it was an Uchiha behind the attack, Kiro could only wonder how they managed to patch things up. Surely, the Uchiha clan wouldn’t sell out one of their own to save themselves. After the losses he received, the Hokage wasn’t likely in the mood to show mercy either. One side would have to give, assuming it was an Uchiha behind the attack. Only the fourth Hokage could know for sure.

“If you want to verify the claims, we could ask an Uchiha. I’m sure they’d be glad to help.”

Although Kiro said that with a hint of sarcasm, since the Uchiha they did pass by seemed to wear a scowl on their faces, he wouldn’t mind asking them if she wanted. However, he continued to keep his internal thoughts to himself. Going off what he read, perhaps the Uchiha clan were better off gone. If it was really an Uchiha behind the nine tails attack, just one of them had caused so many people to suffer. That didn’t account for the many other stories of the famed Uchiha clan. There was a reason why that clan was perhaps the most feared in the ninja world. It went back to the days of the warring era, where Madara Uchiha supposedly reigned supreme. Perhaps even further back. The history of shinobi was written in blood and perhaps the Uchiha clan was the reason why.

Hisato ducked as the old man swung at the wind. He then got excited when the old man showed the cookies, "Not bad, old timer! Not bad at all!" Hisato said looking at the cookies. He looked around at them seeing the different colors.

"Eeeehh, sure! Onward, Smiley! Heeya!" Hisato said following Asahi.

"Tsh! Old man never answered my question about Bookie" Hisato muttered.

"So now what? We see each other at the chunin exams then? I better get going, my team needs me. Catch ya around, I guess" Hisato concluded.

~Leaf Village...~

Eventually Hisato managed to wander around the woods long enough that he eventually found himself back in the leaf village.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Raiku bowed at Taiyo as a gesture of respect towards his opponent before doing multiple backflips and landing on top of the nearby river. He did the Tiger hand seal and summoned a dozen water clones out of the river. The clones then did other hand seals and performed Water Propulsion Jutsu which caused jet streams of water to propel the Raikus from their position towards Taiyo from multiple directions, all of them with kunai out to try and stab him.

Hearing the foreign Shinobi's compliment about her apparent tour guide skills, Shiho began contemplating the suggestion. "Hmm, that does sound interesting. I think I might start doing that if I get the chance, thanks for the idea Kiro." Following that exchange, the young Hyuga listened to her companion state all the information knew and those that he learned during their prior visit to the library concerning the Uchiha. Shiho was quite amazed by how much this Mist ninja knew about the Leaf village's Uchiha clan, granted a lot of the information were simply public knowledge.

"Well in any case, we have arrived." Looking around, the scenery of the village quickly shifted as the duo entered the Uchiha district. Unlike the streets outside bustling with citizens and shinobis from all the noble clans, the Uchiha district pretty only had their own clan's people roaming the streets.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo
Naturally, Taiyo returned the bow he received before doing a backwards cartwheel simultaneous with Raiku's numerous back flips. He took a defensive stance in response to his opponent spawning multiple watery clones that proceeded to propel towards him. Smirking, Taiyo backflipped over the barrage of clones, anticipating that they would collide into one another without a target. Once he landed, he did a cartwheel identical to the one that started this fight before mounting his counter-offence.

"Tryna make me bleed already, aren't you? Bold of you." He grabbed two of his bottles labeled with a capital G and threw them to the left and the right of him. On collision, the bottles spilled their thick liquid onto the ground, a liquid that ignited shortly after the fact.

I've been meaning to fight someone with water release. Let's see how Raiku manages to take the heat...

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Raiku’s clones sent their kunais flying towards Taiyo when they saw him trying to backflip and rolled onto the ground when they landed from their propulsion. Raiku saw the bottles Taiyo sent break on the ground and quickly realized that they were flammable, considering Taiyo’s nature.

“I wonder where you got those,” one of the Raikus said. The clones jumped backwards to retreat from being close to the new liquids and sent out bombs and a smokescreen to stop Taiyo from directing an attack at them while also exploding the area around their opponent, assuming that the flammable liquids would also fuel the explosion around Taiyo.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo
Taiyo's eyes widened in alarm as he saw the bombs coming towards him. Without further hesitation, the leaf-nin did several back handspring jumps until he was comfortably out of range of the explosion, though the flares singed his clothes and the force of the explosion blew him backwards. He took a bit to recover from the impact of the explosion and stand up. When he rose to his feet, the fiery shinobi noticed that there was a smokescreen cloaking the location Raiku chose to stand near.
Damn that's good, I gotta know how he did that one...
Although Taiyo was further from his flames than he would prefer to be, it seemed that the explosion did him the favor of spreading the fire to his vicinity. Walking towards the fire, he reached his hand into the flame and seemed to pull out a fiery tongue resembling a whip before scaling a nearby tree. Eventually, he had reached the top of the trees, a height that revealed Raiku's location to him.
found you.
Taiyo sent the whip to lash at Raiku, though he was willing to see what he did after the fact

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Raiku had been waiting for Taiyo to come out of the smoke, however to his surprise his opponent had attacked him from above, sending a fiery whip towards him. He jumped into the air to avoid the attack and began doing hand seals to create his own whip, except his was made out of water. The Uchiha tried to use it to neutralize Taiyo’s by countering it while two of Raiku’s clones took notice of their opponent attacking one of them and sent out shuriken towards Taiyo.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo
Taiyo raised his eyebrow out of curiosity when he noticed that Raiku had managed to use an attack identical to his own save for the obvious difference in nature. However, no amount of interest was going to win him a fight. He noticed that Raiku’s whip was headed towards his lash, but he used the opportunity to swing the fiery tongue away from Raiku’s in order to swat the stray shuriken out of the air.

I should deal with these clones, they’re gonna get annoying otherwise.

Taiyo let go of his weapon, the fire fading into the atmosphere as soon as the Leaf-shinobi’s grip was released. Once his hands were free, he reached into his coat to pull out a bottle similar to the ones he had been using prior. At a glance, one could only tell that they were different substances since Taiyo had been using bottles labeled with a capital G, whereas this bottle was labeled with a capital A. Another distinction would be that the substance in this new bottle was less viscous than what Taiyo usually used. Lastly, the bottle he held now was a transparent substance, whereas the former was opaque. Regardless of aesthetic differences, Taiyo drank the bottle but refrained from swallowing the fluid before weaving ten hand seals together in quick fashion, using the fluid stored in his mouth as fuel for the fiery blast. He was aiming for the water clones, hoping to engulf the clones in the modified flames.

Satō-sensei showed me what happens when you try to put out an alcohol fire with water, let's see if that applies here...

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Raiku saw the hand seals being performed and began preparing a counter jutsu by transforming the water whip into a water bullet jutsu. However the fire boosted by the alcohol seemed to have been performing better than Raiku expected. Realizing this, the two clones who had been saved by the water bullet jutsu quickly moved to physically attack Taiyo from the sides while he was concentrated on the fire jutsu he was currently performing. One of the clones reached Taiyo's right and sent a kick towards his face while the other did the same but aimed for his stomach.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo
On contact with the bullet of water, the fiery bullet flared up, allowing the flame to push back against the water with greater success than the usual variation of the technique. As the elemental bullets were clashing, two watery clones scaled the tree that Taiyo was standing atop. Taking notice of this, Taiyo stopped his stream of fire, allowing the water bullet to flow uninterrupted. Shortly after his bullet dissipated, he caught the leg of the clone that attempted to kick him in the face and pivoted himself away from the oncoming attack and the clone towards it, intending for the clone to be swept up by it’s creator’s attack.. His efforts in evading the water bullet also allowed him to avoid a kick to the stomach. Even though Taiyo had managed to prevent himself from taking damage, he kept his guard up and his brain running.

I can’t defeat these clones on my own. Hell, I can’t even approach Raiku as long as he’s got those fuckers backing him. I gotta get rid of them, and I think I have just the trick.

While his attack had ceased, the fires that he had set before burned as much as they did upon ignition. Without further hesitation, Taiyo swiftly descended into the flames below, taking refuge in the inferno he had created. Of course, this wasn't a comfortable spot to hide. Rather than being a somewhat hot shower or even a single burn to close a wound in light of a battle, this was equivalent to jumping into a high-temperature oven

I hope he takes the bait soon, I dunno how much longer I can manage this.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Raiku looked at Taiyo in confusion as he descended towards the flames that had been created previously in the battle.

Why would he endanger himself like that? Well, I'm under no obligation to follow him there, so whatever.

Instead, the Uchiha began doing hand seals and released a similar version of the water bullet jutsu except made out of oil to increase the flames which would undoubtedly begin affecting Taiyo unless his opponent had something to deal with being surrounded by flames.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo
Realizing that Raiku didn’t display any level of concern for , Taiyo opted to shift gears. Doing a quick hand seal activated a protective layer of chakra around him, preventing further burn damage. He noticed that the Uchiha was attempting to feed the fire with oil, a technique the fiery shinobi was all too familiar with. Although most shinobi would consider this position disadvantageous, all Taiyo saw was an opening. He rolled out of the flames he had hid himself in before taking control of the flames and moving them up Raiku’s oil stream, hoping that Raiku would dodge or lose his footing for a moment. Regardless, he was confident that the Uchiha would be put on the backfoot momentarily

I definitely can’t appeal to his sense of compassion, and I don’t think I can brute force my way outta this…

His sense of compassion isn’t the only thing we can appeal to. Let’s aim for his pride, see where that gets us.

“Hey Raiku!” Taiyo shouted with a dirty smirk on his face, “Gotta ask, where were all these clones during the Forest of Death? I doubt you could beat a small team with the kind of strength in numbers that you got right here.”

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Raiku was a bit surprised when Taiyo left the flames seemingly unharmed and dropped his oil jutsu. However, he had been waiting for a moment where Taiyo would appear again. "Well, I specifically was able to do those thanks to the nearby water in the river,” Raiku said while doing hand seals.

I don’t think Taiyo has seen this type of jutsu before.

Focusing more on the actions at hands instead of Taiyo’s words, Raiku let out a small burst of a faint steam that propelled at high speeds towards the flames around Taiyo. This was a type of steam which was very reactive with flames, causing an explosion rather than fueling the flames as that did not seem to affect his opponent given his reaction to the oil.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo
Unfortunately for the fiery shinobi, it seemed that his ribbing fell on deaf ears. Raiku had humorously managed to give a literal answer to the retort, a great tactic for diffusing tension on the playground and for derailing Taiyo’s plans. However, the Leaf-nin saw this as only a minor setback. What he saw as a more major setback was the jutsu that Raiku was preparing. Unable to properly anticipate what he was doing, Taiyo opted to back away slowly while keeping a defensive stance. This proved to be beneficial to him, as the steam that the Uchiha had created reacted with the fire and caused an explosion. The leaf-nin was knocked back to a nearby tree, unburnt thanks to his protective cloak, but overall injured.

The fuck was that?! Whatever, I just gotta try to pry at his pride and his patience, eventually, he’ll crack.

“I suppose you make a good point,” Taiyo groaned as he got up, “Still, even without a water source available, I’d imagine that you could make at least one clone. One of our opponents could do it with ease, and I doubt that an Uchiha such as yourself could be outdone by some nobody. Or how about that technique you just did, surely that would’ve been helpful. But I digress, maybe you’ve got some perfectly valid excuse as to why you left your teammates for dead as you ran with your tail between your legs. I’ve got time, I don’t mind waiting for you to come up with one that you like.” Admittedly, there was some personal bitterness in his delivery, but he allowed that to seep through in order to determine what would make Raiku lose his composure. While he prodded, he kept his guard up, wary that his opponent could retaliate at any moment.

~Hisato Gato's adventures- Part 1...~

With nothing better to do other than wait for the chunin exams to eventually come around. Hisato decide to take his luck and travel around Konoha! Hisato didn't know where to go first. he walked down the roads. The white haired ninja sat on a bench at the park for a bit. He looked at the market place. he spoke to some kids. Then spoke to a couple shop workers before making his way to one of the many districts within Konoha.

The Uchiha district. Hisato received a couple funny looks from a few dark hard ninjas but many of the people just ignored the boy. Hisato gave funny faces back at those Uchiha bastards. Though for the most part, Hisato wasn't stupid. He wasn't gonna pick a fight he had no business starting. So the boy minded his own business for the most part. Hopping across rooftops and places outside of the sight of most of the ninjas. At least, Hisato was hoping he would be out of sight.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Raiku stopped attacking and listened to Taiyo's words carefully, causing him to sigh.

"I'm not going to defend myself, you are completely right I basically did leave you guys for dead. That sounds pretty horrible considering that was in a place literally called the Forest of Death. As for the clone, yeah, I could've at some point but preferred to use my chakra for other jutsu. To be completely honest with you though, Taiyo, I was just being selfish. It was the second exams and I thought I would've been better off leaving that whole engagement. I don't blame you for being mad at me."

While Raiku was saying this, he had taken off his guard, deciding this conversation was more important at the moment than the fight.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo
At last, it seemed that Taiyo had gotten through Raiku's emotional armor. It was refreshing to hear such blatant honesty from someone. Unfortunately, these feelings of satisfaction brought mild complications to the fiery shinobi's plans.

Yeesh, I kinda feel bad now.

Why? He dropped his guard. This was the opportunity you were looking for! Are you gonna throw it away just cuz of some sentiment?!

With the words of his inner consciousness echoing in his head, Taiyo walked up to Raiku, allowing him to talk at his usual volume rather than yelling from a distance.

"I suppose I can't blame you for being selfish," Taiyo shrugged before swiftly unleashing a spinning side kick to Raiku's head, with the fiery shinobi's heel intended to collide with the Uchiha's ear. The attack would cause a target to be knocked to the ground in the event that it hit, which was likely given his opponent's disregarded defenses.

"After all, I engineered this conversation so I could get a hit in. Sounds like we’re even if you ask me."

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Raiku was caught completely unaware as Taiyo's spinning side kick hit him directly in the side of his head. He quickly fell to the ground, and almost lost consciousness. This change in his state of mind caused all of his clones to disappear as they could no longer be maintained. The Uchiha was stunned to stay the least, but managed to gather what had happened due to Taiyo's words. He opened his mouth as he was about to speak, however he quickly shut it and started saying something completely different than what he was about to say.

"I guess I deserve that. I agree we're even now... I say we end this here. This was just to practice for the exams soon right? No point in continuing in my mind after this injury you just gave me. Maybe let's get something to eat to cool off."

“Huh, this place is duller than I thought it’d be.”

Casually strolling into the Uchiha District, with Shiho beside him, granted them a lot of attention. Not that they were blatantly looking in their direction, but the occasional glance was enough to spell it out. Clearly, people randomly wandering into their own personal area wasn’t the norm. They still seemed like normal people. There were a few young kids around playing while some women were gossiping with each other. Some other Uchiha stood around talking quietly with their friends while some elderly folk just watched as daily life went on as normal.

Meanwhile, some Uchiha Police members even patrolled this area of the village. Like most of their nearby clan members, they were easily able to pick up on the presence of another unwelcome guest up above. Fortunately for them, they weren’t deemed much of a threat to be worth anymore of their attention. Uchiha like one Yashiro Uchiha were simply busy with other matters pertaining to the village. On the outside, they had taken it as an honor to be in charge of security for the chūnin exams that would also all five Kage present. Any mishap or oversight could potentially lead to all out war between villages, especially if an accident were to happen to any of the Kage present. That’s what also made it such a great opportunity internally. Even if the Police Force had grown to become more strict in recent times, the villagers needed to know they could be trusted, if they didn’t already.

“Heh, I bet that witch in the Hyūga must be struggling to craft up another spell to save her relevancy again.”

Snickering to himself, Yashiro was mumbling about none other than the Hyūga Head. As one of the only clans that dared to rival the Uchiha in notoriety, the Hyūga was seen as potential threat that could not go unnoticed to him. Even so, the Uchiha made moves even without consideration of the other clans. For example, the Uchiha Police Force has grown to begin slowly expanding their range of protection to even other areas of the Land of Fire. Other nearby towns were starting to see more and more Uchiha in leadership positions. Being under the protection of a famed clan such as the Uchiha certainly added a specific layer of fear into the minds of any potential lowly scum seeking to try any underhanded tactics.

Even the Feudal Lord of the Land of Fire approved of the expansion. The elder man going as far to suggest that an Uchiha should join the ranks of the Twelve Guardian Ninja. They were essentially the bodyguards directly under the Feudal Lord. The offer was still on the table as most of the notable Uchiha has their own priorities at the moment. Perhaps someone from the generation could prove their merit suit. Senshu’s brat seemed to have the most talk around him. Even Lord Fugaku seemed to faith in that boy. Hopefully, Raiku wouldn’t let them down.

Walking towards the entrance of the district to head out into the village, Yashiro passed by a pair of young genin who appeared to have wandered into their district. Ironically, the teenage girl just so happened to be a Hyūga. A little spy sent in by the Witch of the Leaf maybe? This girl didn’t have the reputation of being all that bright, so Yashiro would give Hinagiku credit if this was her choice. More suspiciously, the boy she was walking with looked oddly familiar. Like someone he knew a long time ago. He couldn’t quite put his finger on it and assumed it was just his mind playing tricks on him. Only one who knew the darkness could see it lurking like a shadow in the black eyes of the boy. It was a stark contrast to the shameless man who seemed to focus more on the women coming home with him than being a dignified member of the Uchiha clan. Fools who lived off their privileges always ended up on the wrong side of the ground. That was almost always a constant.

“Watch where you’re looking, old man. I don’t want you to break your back looking down on us.”

Having noticed the older ash-grey haired Uchiha was eyeing both Shiho and him, Kiro made sure to warn the man to watch where he was looking. Yashiro’s calm expression twisted ever so slightly as he heard the disrespectful comment. After seeing Mist symbol on the forehead protector the boy wore, Yashiro turned his gaze to the white-eyed girl.

“Listen little lady, you’d be wise to tell your friend with the attitude their to watch his tone before I throw him in a cell for disturbing the peace. As a Hyūga, you yourself should know the guidelines set by the police force, so I won’t hesitate to throw you in if I must. A separate cell, of course. If Hinagiku has an issue with that, she can take it up with me. Don’t cause any more trouble here, you got that?”

After making his stern warning clear to Shiho, the Uchiha left them alone. Honestly, Kiro found it a bit funny the man got tilted over what he said and snickered quietly when Yashiro left. That Uchiha was the one looking at them suspiciously in the first place. People got jumped for looking at someone the wrong way where he grew up. However, Kiro more so didn’t like that Shiho seemed to receive some of the anger placed on her. Maybe that was because she was a Hyūga. Either way, that guy had to be all talk since he should know better than thinking he could just a arrest a foreign ninja without consequences. He made sure to let Shiho know as well as bring up someone he just remembered who was also another Uchiha full of shit.

“Apologies for that, Shiho. I doubt they’ll try anything on us. They’re really full of themselves as I suspected. Oh, yeah, and do you happen to know an Uchiha named Raiku?”

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo
Shortly after his kick, Taiyo noticed that all of the clones that the Uchiha had created lost the forms they had previously held, reduced to puddles on the ground. "Uh sure, sounds good to me," Taiyo shrugged, looking out from the Third Training Ground before turning back toward the Uchiha he had wounded. As he stared at his friend, his facial features softened and a pit began to grow within his stomach.

I went too far...

What do you mean? All you did was talk, it was his fault for listening and dropping his guard.

It's not that, it's the fact that I kicked him harder than I needed to.

He could've gotten up if you went softer.

That doesn't matter. This was just a sparring match. But I overdid it.

Well, there's no point in lamenting what's lost...

...all I can do is move forward with what I've got.

"Raiku, I'm sorry about what I did. Lemme pay for lunch to make it up to you."

Unlike her companion, the young Hyuga strolled into the Uchiha district without any care, seemingly oblivious to the attention they were beginning to draw. Perhaps she didn't perceive the occasional stares thrown their way or she did take notice but simply chose to ignore them. While Kiro kept his eyes more focused on the people scattered around, Shiho was maintaining her attention on the inanimate, preferring to keep her eyes on the buildings and structures that made up the district.

Not long after their arrival, a certain place caught the stark white eyes of the young Hyuga, a small Senbei shop on the side of the road. "Ooh that must be Uchiha Senbei, I heard some Uchiha kids talk about it back in the Academy and I've been looking for a chance to try it out. Do you want some too Ki-" As Shiho spoke, the exchange between Kiro and Yashiro took place, preventing the girl from finishing her sentence. The sudden event caused the feeling of confusion to appear in Shiho's mind, this confusion only grew when the old Uchiha turned to the girl and began lecturing her about jurisdictions. "Umm, what?" This was all the girl could muster up as the older man walked off. "Wow he was intimidating, what did I even do?" Shiho asked herself as she pondered what had just happened.

The startled Hyuga was snapped out of her thoughts when Kiro spoke up, asking her a question concerning Raiku. "Huh Raiku? Hmm, the last time I saw him was during the first day of the Forest of Death where he left me on my own. I haven't seen him since."

“So he just ditched you in the forest? Sorry, but that guy is pathetic. Raiku attempted to ambush me in the forest and then ran for his life when it became a fair fight. Makes me wonder if all Uchiha are really like that...”

Kiro said as he slightly shook his head in disgust. He knew Raiku fought dirty, but hearing he abandoned his teammates too proved the Uchina was some lowly scum. If it was an Uchiha thing, Kiro wouldn’t be surprised. Perhaps his personal detest for Raiku’s actions stemmed from something more deeper. After all, it’d be hypocritical of him to completely condemn the Raiku for such an act. Fortunately, Shiho saved him from allowing memories from long ago to completely resurface for comparison. It had been thanks to her previous comment about some food. Apparently, Uchiha had their own specialty food too.

Shiho had mentioned some senbei sold by the Uchiha, which piqued Kiro’s interest before they were interrupted. Food always sounded good, even better when there was someone else to eat with him, so he wasn’t going to let the ones doing the cooking stop him from eating. Unless the food seemed like it could be poisoned of course. The Uchiha might be low enough to poison their own people, but the Uchiha kids who told Shiho about the senbei in the Academy must’ve been fine to do so. Still, it could’ve been a trap to lure outsiders to actually try the poisoned senbei. Though, the odds of that were unlikely. Whether or not Uchiha could actually make good food was another question. Was it as shit as their attitudes? There was only one way to find out. Gesturing with a tilt of his head towards the shop Shiho saw earlier, Kiro let the Hyūga know he wanted to try the senbei with her.

“Anyways, forget about that guy. Let’s go try out that senbei you wanted and see if it’s any good. We could get some other food too if you want.”

~Hisato's Bizzare adventures Part 2...~

As Hisato made his way across the rooftops of the Uchiha district, Hisato thought he saw a familiar looking Uchiha, but disregarded this as it was probably just his imagination. So he continued down his merry way. He eventually found himself in the Hyuga district. There was a fancy manor on the far side of town. It looked fancy enough. Maybe Hisato would try give the place a visit after the chunin exams ended. Probably not, but it was nice looking at it from a distance. Hisato recieved a few odd glances from some milky eyed ninjas. What was up with those Hyuga eyes? Those veins looked so unnerving. Hisato ate the remainder of his nuts and berries on one of the Hyuga rooftops, and gave the two finger salute to the sunset and one of the Hyuga citizens walking down the street.

Shiho felt a bit uncomfortable when Kiro began talking badly about Raiku's tactic during the second stage of the exam, sure it was a scummy move and he did leave her to fend for herself when the situation got unfavorable but the way he talked felt excessively harsh in the young girl's opinion. When the Mist ninja's sentiment about Raiku seemed to have expanded to the entirety of the Uchiha clan, Shiho became at a loss as to what to say. "Umm well, you can't know for sure right? There's a lot of people in the Uchiha clan so its not very likely everyone will be as you describe right?" Shiho spoke followed before letting out an uncomfortable chuckle. This was the first time she's seen Kiro speak with such pessimism since their first meeting and Shiho was not prepared for it. Having grown up with a generally positive and laid-back outlook on life, the young Hyuga always felt out of place whenever serious topics came up. She never knows what she should be saying in times like these.

Luckily, Kiro soon changed the topic back to the Uchiha Senbei shop. "Oh! Uh... let's go then." Regaining her cheerful attitude, Shiho ran over to the food stall. "Hello, two Senbei please."