• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Naruto: One's Nindo

Asahi couldn't help but let out a loud laughter when she saw Sagiso transform. To her it was funny to see them looking like someone else, it was like playing dress up, something she used to play with her mom when they had time together. She quickly covered her mouth though, forcing herself to be quiet and try and look more serious in front of the elder sister. She gathered her thoughts and focused on the simple task given, activating her Byakugan and scanning Riceball.

"Wow, it looks different!" Asahi seemed excited for a bit before once again making herself look more serious, feeling a bit intimidated by Mehui. "Is that going to work for me? Because you know, my chakra is different." Her tone lowered towards the end of the sentence, starting to think her question was stupid.

***Hakabi***

He was walking down the street with his six four, holding the two chips in his hands after loosing that day's money in blackjack. It didn't really matter to him, money was no issue, sometimes he won sometimes he didn't. What he cared was just about the free alcohol they gave out while playing. He needed the substance to keep himself numb, to avoid feeling anything, that was the best way he could still be alive. He stumbled down the Hidden Leaf, looking at the other men around him that had suffered a similar fate. Unlike his fellow drunkards, he was alone, since nobody dared to drink with someone in his position. Which was better, he had nothing interesting in his life, nothing that amused him. He played to kill time and drank so he wouldn't feel himself getting older. Someone who was once a top scouter, pride of his clan, was now throwing up behind a local bar.

"Sir?" A young maid peeked behind a corner with a face of concern and disgust. "I was sent to fetch you."

Hakabi cleaned the leftover puke from his beard with his sleeve and turned towards the woman speaking to him. She seemed frightened by his face, since she hid behind the wall she was standing against as soon as their eyes made contact. She was afraid, like other servents to his clan were. If they failed to bring him home, they suffered the consequences, which made the maids fight over who would do the honor. This time he was feeling generous, probably since the world stopped spinning after he emptied his stomach. He raised his right hand and moved his wrist in a circular motion, telling the maid to go on ahead. She did as she was told, but kept looking over her shoulder to make sure he was still behind her.

After arriving at his glorious home, removing his clothes so the maid could take them and falling flat on his face on his bed, Hakabi turned his face to the right, setting his blank eyes on an older maid that was standing at his doorway. She seemed to be embarrassed, probably because he was naked, and avoiding looking at him directly. She told him some interesting news, something that made the man laugh loudly and turn his back to her, trying to sleep.

"Why the hell do they want me to go watch some Chunin try and kill each other?" He grumbled to himself while again laughing to his own thoughts. "I swear if Hina would just remove that stick up her ass, I could just die peacefully..." A smile appeared on his face as the thought of not waking up surrounded him before falling into a deep sleep.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo
"Its going pretty great. I met a new friend and we talked about poetry for a bit, but I guess that ain't as interesting as what you've got going on here," Taiyo took a glance at the now melting block of chipped ice before looking in the same direction that Bao was in response to the cloud shinobi's question.

"Oh, that's the guy I was talking about earlier. He said he was gonna leave and train earlier, so this might just a part of his regiment," Cracking a slight smile at his one liner, he cleared his throat before addressing a slightly more serious matter, "Do you want me to talk to him about the staring or not?"
Tsuki
The Yuki-nin was wrapping up the documentation of her jutsu ideas for future use. She put her notebook in her pocket and stretched her muscles before observing her surroundings. Due to being caught up in her inner struggles with processing her failure, Tsuki failed to recognize that she was in a park and a rather peaceful one at that. The icy kunoichi decided to take a sweeping glance at the idyllic setting she found herself in. While there were the usual sights such as children playing with one another or parents trading methods of raising their offspring, the sight that stood out to Tsuki the most was a duo of kids eating a frozen dessert and a duo of her peers looking out into the distance. What really caught her interest was the block of ice, which seemed to be succumbing to the sun's heat.

If and when the ice melts, the kids will be unable to enjoy more dessert, saddening them in the process. I can take this opportunity to endear myself to them and look good in front of those shinobi if they take notice. Of course, I will be discreet in this effort, not only to preserve any sense of mystery around my capabilities, but also to present myself as a humble assistant that doesn't seek or desire credit.

With her plan in motion, Tsuki strolled over to the withering tower of frozen water. Once she was in its vicinity, she placed her hand onto the block, unbothered by the coldness of the cube. From there, she proceeded to pull the water droplets that were sliding off of the ice and into the dirt back to where they came. Once they returned to their original position, Tsuki refroze them, fusing them into the ice structure that they attempted to escape. Once the melting was resolved, Tsuki sent some water of her own to fill in the spots that were shipped away for the first batch of bingsoo. The water froze once it found a crevasse to occupy, allowing the block to resemble one that had been freshly frozen for transport to the marketplace. Satisfied with her work, the icy kunoichi elected to take her leave in secret, walking away as if no one had noticed her up to this point and had continued to be unaware of her presence.

Sadly there was nobody left for Hisato to wave by to since the people he was with left abruptly, leaving him to silently ponder what to do next.

Heading down his merry way, he saw several ninja gather around. One of them was the protagonist Bao! Bao was the free food ninja. People were enjoying ice cream. Hisato wanted ice cream. Bao was the free food ninja. Hisato put two and two together and assumed he was behind this.

Hisato excitedly made his way over, walking past/around some of the ninjas. "Hiya! Hiya! Your the bun guy! Bao! The cool ninja dude, is that ice cream? Neato!" Hisato said looking at Bao then around at the other shinobi. Hisato had wondered where the ice to make this was coming from, but didn't overthink it. Maybe Bao had an ice jutsu. Hisato hadn't seen Bao fight so he didn't know.

Ugokasenai Keito, Iwa Genin
"I can hear you speaking, you know," Keito said in response to Taiyo - though addressing him and Bao both -, watching as the park itself seemed to accrue a growing cast of shinobi from a diverse array of lands, "I stopped to watch something odd -- something you don't see every day."

Keito watched as another ninja from the Mist walked - wordlessly - up to the block of ice and began to repair it with ninjutsu; a very odd act of charity from someone who'd rather pretend to be invisible. He had to wonder if he'd actually fallen asleep under a tree somewhere while reading.

"Enjoy your meal." The Iwa genin said with a quick bow, as the Kiri kunoichi attempted to slink away the the Kiri boy he'd met just before walked on the scene as well. Then, Keito turned back to the park path and began to walk off, toward his destination once again.

"Yeah that great to hear." Shiho replied in excitement. Meeting new people from other villages was exactly what she set out to do once the Chunnin exams came around, getting this chance to take one of those foreign shinobis around her village is going to be a very thrilling experience for the young Hyuga. "Well, I don't have anything to do so if you want we can start right now-" Before she could finish her proposal, Shiho suddenly remembered the very important information she needed to relay to the clan head that she absolutely must not forget. "Oh crud, that was a close one. I almost forgot the one thing I wasn't supposed to forget." She thought.

Clapping her hands together, the young girl offered the boy in front of him a small bow. "Sorry, forget what I just said. I just remembered I actually did have an urgent thing to I need to do." She explained. "We should set a time to meet up later, when would be it good for you?"

Flashback
From his current observation of the jubilant girl, she seemed a bit scatterbrained. Just as the Hyūga appeared ready to lead him on a tour around the village, she suddenly remembered something important that required her immediate attention. If it was so important, then how did she forget? Considering how excited she appeared to be when he took up her offer, perhaps that had been enough of a distraction. Fortunately, Kiro wasn’t in any rush and could understand her predicament. As for a time to meetup, he didn’t really have much of a preference

“Don’t worry about it. Just get what you need to do done first. Then we could meet up this evening if you’re available. Otherwise sometime tomorrow would be fine too.”

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
"That's cool! You got uhhhhh pins? Well then again, knowing you, you'd probably have something planned out. Then again, you could've just asked me for pins, I would've happily made you some!", he said, as he pouted a bit. Mori probably could've made senbon for her, though the argument to whether it'd be better would be hard to say. Though, Mori being Mori, obviously would never accept something else to be better than his own. "I probably could've made better ones too", he said, standing up tall and high as he had that smug grin on his face. When Yua asked about trouble, Mori took a while to think about it. He didn't get into any trouble lately, well not to his knowledge. He played with his hair a bit as he took some more time to think. "Well I guess I haven't, maybe, possibly, probably, hopefully, pretty sure? I mean even if I did, it probably wasn't all that bad", he smiled. "Being perfectly honest with you, I feel like the next part of the exam is going to be a breeze! Now that I think of it, everything in the next round should be easy! Looking at the Shinobi we were fighting in the forest, if everyone else is like that then I'll just have to beat them easily!", he grinned.

And there he was, Mori being cocky again. "I've been training hard to ensure that this exam will be easy, well not that I'd need to train. I may be strong but I shouldn't slack off. My skill with my staff has gotten better and my techniques are still amazing like usual". Mori fiddled with his staff a bit, twirling it in his hand as he spoke. "So, how are you doing? Excited or scared for the next part of the exam? I don't see any reason for you to be scared, seeing as it's you", there goes Mori's attempt at a compliment. Maybe he should have practised on those a bit too.

@Sarah316

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo
Before Taiyo got a chance to hear any sort of answer from Bao, Keito decided to inject on their conversation. The realization that the fiery shinobi's conversation wasn't as private as he believed causes him to look away out of embarrassment. By the time he fixed his gaze on Keito again, the stone shinobi was already on his way to his intended destination.

I should go apologize...I know I didn't say anything bad about him, but I made him sound like a staring weirdo.

I wouldn't bother, it's a waste of time at this point. He's got somewhere to be, and I doubt whoever's responsible for his training will be very happy to discover he's late.

I just hope that we can still be friends.

Doubt it. Even if he doesn't hold a grudge, as members of enemy nations, we'll be fighting each other on a regular basis. Best we can do in those circumstances is casual acquaintanceship.

Ignoring the words of wisdom that came from his subconscious and the arrival of Hisato, Taiyo turned towards Bao and the ice block behind him.

"By the way, what's the ice for?"
Tsuki
Although the Yuki-nin's plan was successful in execution, no one seemed to notice her deed, at least no one that was around to comment on it. That was of no concern to her, however. Part of her plan was to be discreet. Regardless, Tsuki intended on returning to her bench and resume writing her notes, but her plans changed upon noticing Hisato's presence.

I should apologize for my incompetence during the exams, but he's wrapped up in conversation with other Shinobi. It would be rude to interrupt, so I'll wait until later to discuss.

Instead of going back to the bench, Tsuki assumed the position of a simple bystander examining Bao's workplace as if she was indecisive on whether or not she wanted any of the frozen dessert.

Shiho was rather relieved that the foreign shinobi didn't seem mind the fact that she couldn't take him to sightsee around her village right away. Letting out a sigh, Shiho began addressing the foreigner once again. "Alright thanks for that." The young Hyuga took a moment to consider where they should meet up. "Hmm, since I assume you don't know your way around this village yet, how about her meet back here?" She suggested. "Also this evening is fine, I should be done by then."

Sagisō
Rank 36 — Heavenly Skillful Star | Yan Roulan

“Great!” Sagisō punched the air, ‘Plan A’ was a go. The transformations would allow them to shake off people tracking them based on their previous appearances. It wasn’t foolproof, but it was a start.

The transformation released as Sagisō lost focus. Maintaining control over the combined transformation was difficult. What was usually a technique for two had to instead be done with one controller and a second, drug-pacified meat puppet. This meant the requirement for chakra control was a notch higher than usual.

“It’ll take some practice to keep the transformation up, so…” Sagisō’s knuckles cracked as she gave her sisters a wild smirk.

Asahi was sitting on the ground, drawing on it with a stick, a surprisingly good drawing of a cat. She looked up at her sister and replied to her sister's smirk with a big grin of her own. "You're doing great!" She had no idea, but she was always willing to cheer for her sisters, specially on matter she didn't quite understand.

Asahi took off one of her shoes and looked inside of it, finding a small thorn with a bit of blood on it. Constantly she had to check her body for injuries, to make sure she wasn't bleeding out or something. She gave her poor sister Karui too much work, but Asahi saw it as bonding time. She checked both her feet before putting her shoes back on and standing up to meet Sagiso.

"Can we do something? I'm bored."

Flashback

“Hey, my navigational skills aren’t that bad...”

Kiro made an attempt to refute the suggestion that he didn’t know his way around the village with his quick response. Sure, she was right that Kiro didn’t have much knowledge on the village, but that didn’t mean he didn’t mean he would be completely lost. At least, that would be unlikely. Theoretically, it shouldn’t take him that long to memorize the village streets. Brushing that aside, after a brief moment of consideration, Kiro nodded in agreement to her proposal.

“Yeah, that’s fine with me. See you later then.”

Present

Now that Kiro knew his way around most of the Leaf Village, he didn’t have much trouble making his way towards the Hyūga Compound to find Shiho. Ever since the break began, they had been meeting up with each other for Shiho to show him around the Leaf village. She had shown him quite a bit already, which Kiro was grateful for. He would’ve never expected Leaf shinobi to go to such lengths for a foreign ninja such as himself. Especially a Hyūga. This granted him the privilege to get a close up view of even the Hyūga Compound. The land from the outside looked as high-class as one might expect for that of a noble clan. The complete opposite of what Kiro was used to during his upbringing. Yet, he felt some odd sense of familiarity just being in the vicinity of the Hyūga clan grounds. Perhaps that was due to his own supposedly noble heritage. The thought of that type of connection alone was enough to slightly irritate him, so he hoped that was not the case. Not being able to quite put his finger on it, Kiro chose not to think too much of it.

Strolling through the streets of the Leaf, Kiro eventually found the white-eyed girl leaning on one of the walls outside the Hyūga Compound. Shiho was looking up at the sky, seemingly cloud gazing as she waited for him. The skies of the Mist were usually coated a murky color due to the gray clouds that liked to hang over the village, so there wasn’t much to look at. He supposed that was another difference between the two villages. Over the past few weeks, Kiro had found quite a few differences, as well as similarities, while they looked around. Since today would be the last day before the final exam and likely his final free day in this village, besides some more training, Kiro wondered what else would he find. Stepping in front of Shiho, Kiro casually greeted the girl.

“What’s up, Shiho? Checking out those clouds?”

Sagisō
Rank 36 — Heavenly Skillful Star | Yan Roulan

Sagisō rolled her eyes. Asahi had clearly missed the implications…as usual. But that wasn’t a problem, the Skillful Star lived to serve, and she didn’t mind clarifying.

“The best way to practice the transformation would be to maintain it while we spar.” Sagisō returned to her transformed state while she explained. After she had stabilized the transformation, she turned to her sisters. “Now then, shall we have a free-for-all or should I take you both on.”

A goading smirk curled her lips as she curled a fingers in inviting ‘come hither’ motion.

After Tomiko had gotten herself a decent meal, she decided to explore the village. No use not taking advantage of the long road here to not check out the sights right? The Iwa-Genin seemed to have her head filled with various thoughts as she walked the streets of the main village, before she took a turn and seemed to see the entrance of what she presumed was a park. Though among the rather lovely atmosphere there seemed to be some individuals around her age conversing, one that seemed familiar even at a distance to the kunoichi.

Keito?

Tomiko decided to go over and take a listen to this little group chat for herself.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
If Mori had a talent for anything it seemed to be his ability to ramble on a single point long as possible, though she felt compelled to affirm his concen over the quality and source of senbon. "I would not ask you for that, I have little doubt you have comparable quality but I want the gear I get to be by my own means. Not borrowing from a teammate." Yua explained before Mori added on his ability to avoid touble which given how their forest run went had been a step in the right direction. "Well, that is encouraging I suppose..." Yua mused, as she seemed happy that least Mori had avoided trouble to this point. Though when Mori spoke of how the next part of the exams being "easy" she folded her arms over her chest as she seemed to find that hard to believe.

"I wouldn't take the next phase of the exams lightly. This is the make or break, the chance to advance to the next level. Everyone is gonna be bringing their A-game and we cannot afford to be left behind on presumptions that this will be a cake walk." Yua replied to him, and when asked of her own thoughts the poison-clan kunoichi paused as she tried to find the words for this. "I suppose some nervous anticipation. I want to make sure I bring my best for this, I know it will be a challenge but in a way I am looking forward to it more than anything." Yua answered to Mori.

@Schrift

"Thankyooou!" Hisato said after receiving bingsu. It was green tea bingsu. Hisato began eating his ice cream while wandering aimlessly around Konoha. He sat on roof tops, he stood on trees, he walked under bridges. He even rode a dog. Hisato eventually finished his ice cream and when he did he found himself just outside Konoha looking up at the city walls.

Rather than hurry back to Konoha like a normal person, he headed into the woods, with ice cream still on his lip, like a green mustache. He continued walking through the woods until he came across a glorious little village called The Village Hidden in the Village. Now that was a badass name. Not this hidden leaf, mist, stone, or cloud bullshit. Hisato looked at the buildings of the village and wondered if he was allowed to go in the village. Being the happy carefree ninja he was, he assumed yes.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Karui commenced her own transformation following Sagiso’s into a very average-looking male. S”he” was just a little shorter than Sagiso’s transformation, but a little broader-shouldered. It was a bit strange having such lanky limbs, but it wouldn’t be terribly difficult to get used to. She answered Sagiso’s teasing smirk with a crooked grin of her own, twisting her fingers into the hand signs to activate her wings. “I certainly wouldn’t mind a little roughhousing to train,” she said amicably. “Let’s go!”

Asahi sat at a nearby tree branch, looking down at the path leading into The Village. She was excited to finally leave the cave and stretch her legs a bit. Even if it meant she had a babysitter, the young ninja couldn't wait to have a taste of freedom. However her attention was caught by the boy approaching the same village. She couldn't help but notice he was enjoying some delicious treat, which quickly peaked her curiosity. She couldn't help it and jumped down from the branch and landed close to the boy, she sniffed the air to see if she could identify his treat by smell, but failed.

"What are you eating?" Asahi crossed her arms and tried to look as serious as possible, picturing Sagiso in her mind. "I demand to know."

Hisato casually minding his own business when all of the sudden a kunoichi leaped from seemingly nowhere, "Woah, woah!" Hisato said leaping about, and relatively protective of his ice cream. Holding it as if he were protecting some valuable treasure, "Huh? What am I eati- wha? No who are you? No wait... That's my line! Who are you?! This is ice cream" Hisato said taking another bite. Hisato being clueless as ever didn't even recognize the ninja he had spoken to, that had approached the mist ninjas with her fellow hasa ninjas.

Hisato casually took another bite before grinning, "Food man gave me ice cream" Hisato said talking about Bao.

"Food man?" Asahi's mind quickly wondered to a giant man carrying a big sack filled with all kinds candy and delicious food while wearing a red suit. "How do I get food from food man?" Asahi's eyes seemed fierce and passionate now, as she prepared to take on the world in order to find the food man. "I need to get that ice cream."

"Food man? You wanna get food from the food man?" Hisato said squinting his eyes at Asahi. He looked around as if expecting something. There wasn't anything to be suspicious of as far as Hisato was concerned. He placed his hand on Asahi's shoulder, and scooted a little closer, "So if you wanna get some ice cream, huh?" Hisato asked.

"Well if you do, we gotta go back to the leaf village! Haha!" Hisato said casually sticking his hand out pointing it in a random direction. Hisato said scooting back and pointing in the direction of the leaf village's general direction.

"The leaf village has this ninja! And he has food! and he has ice cream!" Hisato's eyes lit up with excitement.

"And that's how I got this ice cream here!" Hisato said taking another bite.

"Leaf Village?" Asahi took a step back, no way was she going there. The last thing she needed was a scolding from her older sisters. "No way! I don't want to go over, theres evil people there. Just give me some of yours, I'll trade you..." She reached into one of her coat pockets and pulled out a small pouch with a mixture of berries and nuts. "I will give you half my snacks if you give me half your ice cream."

"Snacks?" Hisato went. "Hmmmm..." Hisato went observing the snacks as if he were some sort of snack connoisseur. Hisato had no way of knowing if the nuts and berries were of good quality or anything. He just liked to look smart. He would have likely just given her his remaining ice cream if she had simply asked nicely, but since she made an offer, now Hisato was getting rewarded. Hisato reached out to shake Asahi's hand, "Deal!" Hisato cheered excitedly holding out his ice cream with his other hand in hopes of getting snacks. He already eaten half the ice cream so there was only half left. So Hisato would just give her the rest of the ice cream.

Asahi's eyes lit up with joy as she gave the male ninja her snacks and took the ice cream into her hands. She dipped one finger in and tasted it. To her surprise, it was cooler than she expected and it had a great flavor. She proceeded to sit on the ground and began to eat, wondering if her mom could make ice cream, something she would ask her when she returned.

"This is delicious!" She finished up the ice cream, licking the cup clean. "I'm definitely telling my sisters about the food man. I hope I meet him one day." She stood up, dusting her clothes clean. "So you're from the leaf?"

Hisato threw nuts in berries on the air. One at a time. Most of the nuts and berries landing in his mouth. Hisato was pretty happy to get someting out of the trade. "I know, right?! Anf Food man is probably still in town, too. I mean, he is taking the chunin exams, so he should be around a while" Hisato said.

"You should tell your sisters about food man! I got tons of free stuff from him! Ice cream is amaaazing!" Hisato emphasized.

"Huh?" Hisato tapped the mist plate on the headband, he wore as a necklace. "Nope! I'm from the Mist. Are you from the leaf though?" Hisato asked Asahi, turning the question around.

"In the exams? I will tell my sister to keep an eye out for him." Asahi followed with her eyes the berries that were tossed up and down. "Me? No! I'm from Hasa, see?" She pointed to the band on her forehead. "We're pretty new to the exams and everything, did you participate? Because I did, I passed my first two exams and so I'm getting a cat as a reward." She smiled proudly at her accomplishments. "It wasn't that difficult to be honest, we finished pretty quickly also."

"Do keep an eye out for him! He might give more food! Dude is basically a one man food stop at this point. Food ninjas... The truly greatest form of shinobi" Hisato said.

"Hisato looked at her Hasa headband. He remembered seeing the Hasa symbol somewhere, but couldn't quite remember where he saw it. He squinted his eyes as he looked at her headband inspecting the shape of the symbol and the angle she wore it at. "Haaaassssssaaaa. Hasa... Cool beans!" Hisato commented.

"I did participate in the exams! I did pass the first two exams too! Hot damn! We have a lot in common then! Wait, hold on... Cat? You got a cat? Your getting a cat? Damn... I should have made a request... Maybe got me some cool new shoes or a backpack or a fancy headband or a duck" Hisato thought about all the stuff he wished he had asked for but didn't.

"Huh... Not bad. Good for you! Hopefully passing the chunin exams will be another thing we have in common! Watchout shinobi world, chunins coming through!!" Hisato said holding his thumb out.

"You want to pass the exams also?" Asahi crossed her arms and look a bit confused. "Why do you guys try so hard to pass those exams anyways? It's not like they make you stronger." She raised her fist up and clenched them. "Training makes you stronger! That's how you become a real warrior! Not with some lame title, yuck! That's probably why the other villages are full of flaws." She shrugged and turned towards the village. "Anyways, that's in there? You think we can find more goodies? I have some money to spend."

Asahi's response bewildered Hisato, "If your not trying to become chunin, why take the chunin exams??? Why not just happily stay a genin forever! I mean, that's not exactly a bad thing, I've met plenty respectable genin that are just as happy as can be, but that's not the point!! If I'm gonna take the stupid chunin exam I might as well walk away with the stupid title! Stupid title and stupid vest and stupid chunin cake! Wait... Do chunin get a special cake? Either they do get cake or my friend just made that up... I'm not sure..."

"Well duh! Of course you train to get strong! You train cause it's fun! You train cause you like attacking your friends! You train cause you wanna get strong! You train because you enjoy fighting and feeling the wind whip across your blade, across your hand and around your arm as it blows past you... and you land the finishing blow. Training stuff!" Hisato continued to ramble.

"Villages have flaws cause not enough chunin cake! Villages just stfu and ate ice cream. To goody finding! Let's do it!" Hisato said extending his hand towards Asahi to fist bump.

Asahi bumped Hisato's fist with a big grin and began marching into the village. Cake was actually a great idea, she loved the cakes her mother made and having the opportunity to eat some from other places was something she would not skip on. Plus, the boy seemed to know his way around better than she did, since visiting odd villages was something she never did until the recent exams began. The different people and items around her kept her curiosity alert.

"So where are we supposed to find cake? AND other things, because I can't just eat cake, we need to eat fruits and vegetables also."

Hisato turned his head towards a peculiar tree. He looked at the cloud just above the tree for a brief moment.

"I know right?! Cake is just great like that... Who knows... Maybe next time we run into Food Man he might have cake. Gave buns. Gave ice cream. The feats of a true protagonist" Hisato said.

"Yes! That way!" Hisato said pointing towards the village away from the peculiar tree. Hisato began running towards the village. Hisato looked at the random items. Partially cause he was interested in what they were but mostly because Hisato didn't know his way around so he looked at the different stores for food in hopes that they sold it. As Hisato looked around, he turned towards Asahi with a brief look of disgust, "Wha- what?! No! I get that fruits and vegetables are good for you, but I don't want that stuff in my cake!" Hisato said shuddering to the thought.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo
Taiyo had never heard of Bingsoo up until today. And not only did he get an education, but he also got a sweet treat out of the deal. The fiery shinobi enjoyed the taste of the green tea flavored frozen treat as he returned to his sensei's quarters. The trip was enjoyable if uneventful, just a nice enjoyable walk through a village.

"You're late for practice, y'know that, right?" Satō seemed to be polishing one of his training staves when he glanced up at his student and the dessert he was carrying, "I don't suppose you got one for me, did you?

The fiery shinobi facepalmed in embarrassment, "Yeah...sorry bout that one, Satō-sensei." His selfishness being brought to the table didn't stop Taiyo from indulging in the dessert, its just that he did so with less enthusiasm.

"Eh, I don't really care that much. Never had much of a sweet tooth. Besides, its your training that you're missing out on." Satō shrugged as he put the staff away.

"Hmm, I guess you're right," Taiyo had finished the bingsoo by now and took a moment to contemplate, "But there's no point in lamenting what's lost, all we can do is move forward with what we've got. A great man said that to me once, y'know." The last sentence was accompanied with a wink, causing a slight smile to appear on the Jonin's face.

"Trying to butter me up, aren't you? I have taught you well..." Satō chuckled as he folded his arms, "At any rate, there's not much to todays lesson. As you know, the exams are coming up, and since you'll be fighting your peers, now would be a great time to train with them. Best case, you refine both of your skills and ensure the leaf gains a Chunin from the exams. Worst case, you recognize any faults in your strategy and you get time to correct them before the big day." The leaf genin stared at his teacher, waiting for more.

"That was it, you're free to go," Satō groaned as he formally dismissed his student. Said student returned to walking the streets of his home village, though this time with a purpose.

Maybe I can find that Hyūga girl I saved and fight her. If nothing else, it'd be nice to knock some sense into her.

While a good option in of itself, a more convenient option made itself available in the form of a certain Uchiha.

"Yo Raiku!" Taiyo greeted his peer with a friendly wave and an equally friendly smile before getting down to business, "The exams are coming around in a few days and I figure we'd do well with some practical application of the skills we've been learning. With that said, you wanna take a crack at me?"

@SageNeb

Last edited:
Asahi scratched the back of her head and nodded, not agreeing with the comment made by Hisato. "Fruit on a cake is Oh Kay! Wait did you say buns?" Asahi's mind began to wonder, remembering she had been given free buns before, or dumplings, it was something along those lines but she couldn't quite place her finger on it. "You know, I was given something similar also for free when we started the exams, this weird homeless boy was sharing his food, but I think he was crazy because he was nice then and then he attacked one of my sisters for no reason. Like a crazy mad man. Although, I heard men usually behave like that, if their pride is hurt even just a little they will fight to the death for it." With that Asahi stopped walking and pointed at a small restaurant that seemed to be serving cooked chicken. "Let's go there! That chicken smells good!"

The girl didn't wait for a confirmation, she went inside herself and took a sit at the nearest table raising her hand immediately and yelling "Can I get a plate please?".

Hisato cringed when Asahi confirmed she liked fruit in cake.

"You think that boy was homeless? I mean... I did get those red flags from him. He probably was... Good for him for trying to become a ninja. Make a better life for himself and share food. One thing is for certain, he has a heart of gold. Ehhh... Probably being on the streets so long probably messed with his mind" Hisato said wondering if he the boy was okay or not.

"Chicken? Where?! Hey, wait for me!" Hisato said following Asahi.

"I would like a plate too, please!" Hisato said.

"So what is your village like? Do they have chicken? Or just fish? I had to survive eating only fish for a while and vegetables. I don't like vegetables anymore, but I still like fish, because it can be served in different ways you know?" Asahi leaned back on her seat and looked up, as if watching something on the ceiling. "I specially hate broccoli, yuck! Unless there's little bits of pieces in some rice, then I can tolerate it." She then began to giggle. "I remember one time I threw a rice ball at Riceball and she got mad and made me pick the rice out of her hair, which is not as easy as it looks. We looked like monkeys checking each other for flees."

~Hisato Glorious Gato...~

"Fish fish fish fish fish! Every day! I cook fish! i eat fish! I catch fish! I gut fish! I store fish for the winter! I like fish! It's great. Theres all sorts of ways to cook fish. Baked, grilled, roasted, poached, sauté, broil smoked. and I love me some sushi or sashimi from time to time" Hisato said concluding his fish ted talks.

"Uuuugh... rice ball at rice ball... Huh... Neat" Hisato was unaware that Asahi was referring to someone as 'Riceball' as a nickname.

"Either fish or chicken is fine by meeee!" Hisato said cheerfully patting his belly.

"Are you strong? Like if we have to fight in the exams, will you be a challenge? I fought this one boy during the second exam who kept trying to set me on fire. I mean, talk about try hard right? He couldn't defeat me in hand to hand combat so he kept using his fire to try and hurt me, unfortunately I heal pretty good and was able to basically defeat him, he probably won't admit it if you ask him though." Asahi took a chicken leg and bit part of it off. "Who did you fight in the exams? We also met this really nice, but weird, guy who accidently burnt his jacked and gave it to me. Too bad my mom tossed it out, saying I shouldn't take gifts from boys because they might take it in a romantic way and no way am I getting into that drama. I've read those love books and it seems like something really annoying to deal with." She stopped talking so she could properly chew. "Did I tell you I'm getting a cat? I haven't came up with a name though, any suggestions?"

"Of course I'm strong! I drink milk! strong bones! Eat meat for protein! I exercise. I get my daily cardio in. All that good stuff!" Hisato said feeling contempt.

"Huh. So your really strong too! That's really cool! Good for you. That's another thing we have in common then! So kind of you to hold back and not beat him so badly" Hisato said.

"Uuughh... I beat a leaf village lady. Couldn't find my scroll. I think I dropped it. Can't remember. I couldn't find it, but I fought a sound village ninja and later on I fought another leaf ninja and managed to get two scrolls" Hisato said.

Hisato grabbed a chicken wing and ate like this was the first time he ever ate in his entire life. When Hisato was done with the chicken wing, no meat or anything else hung on the bone.

"I know a guy who burned his coat and gave it to someone too! We're not related, are we? Cause we got a lot in common... I see... It's a good thing your mom is looking out for you" Hisato said.

"Yes. Your getting it cause the chunin exams. Oh oh oh! Names! Banjo! Mittens! Socks! Tumble! Kreed! Korvigraukamagetizauvarien! That or <Implied name>" Hisato said before munching into another piece of chicken.

Present day

Shiho continued stare at the clouds, emptying her mind of most thoughts. Since she was still waiting for Kiro, the young Hyuga decided that looking at the patterns of the passing clouds was a good way to pass the time and required little brainwork. "Heh, that one looks like a chicken." She thought with a dopey giggle as she watched the sky pass overhead.

The girl fell deep in her own thoughts that she lost sight of her surrounding. As such, Kiro's casual greeting actually came as quite the surprise. Shiho's head snapped towards the boy almost too quickly as she returned to reality. "Oh there you are Kiro, I was starting to worry I might have told you to meet up at the wrong time." Shiho confessed while rubbing her neck. "And yeah, I was checking out the clouds. That one over there looks like a chicken." Shiho explained, pointing a finger towards the vaguely hen shaped cloud in the distance that had caused her prior giggle.

Asahi chewed and nodded along as she listened to Hisato talk. She was beginning to believe that maybe not everyone was an enemy. She couldn't picture the boy in front of her trying to kill her, but what if that was his trick? What if he knew what she was and he was trying to make her lower her guard. It would make sense, it DID make sense. She was in danger! Her babysitter saw her go into the restaurant, but could they check inside, what if the chicken had been poisoned? She needed to confront the situation.

"Did you poison my chicken?" She asked with suspicious glare at Hisato while biting into the chicken.