• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Naruto: Shinobi’s Dawn (Discussion)

I'll be going over the major conflicts with bullet-point listing since I believe that would be most comprehensive. Feel free to ask questions and I'll explain.

First Shinobi World War

Participants: Everyone vs Everyone.

• Leaf Village
  • Stone Village
  • Mist Village
  • Cloud Village
  • Sand Village
  • Waterfall Village

Events

• The first Five-Kage Summit is held and the First Hokage grants a fertile plot of land to the Sand village in exchange for them giving up their claim on any of the Biju. The ownership of this land causes multiple conflicts in the future.
  • Kakuzu (Waterfall Village shinobi) is sent to assassinate Hashirama, fails miserably, and is then exiled from the Waterfall village.
  • First Hokage, Hashirama dies at some point.
  • Tobirama becomes the Second Hokage.
  • First Raikage dies at some point.
  • First Tsuchikage dies at some point.
  • First Mizukage dies at some point.
  • Tobirama & the Second Raikage meet in the Cloud Village to work out an agreement.
  • The Gold & Silver brothers launch a coup d'etat, attacking the Second Hokage & Raikage during the aforementioned meeting; almost killing Tobirama.
  • The Gold & Silver brothers actually kill Tobirama, and Hiruzen becomes the third Hokage.
  • The Second Tsuchikage and Second Mizukage kill each other at some point; Onoki becomes the third Tsuchikage and a no-name becomes the third Mizukage.

Notable Deaths:

• First Hokage
  • Second Hokage (Killed by Gold & Silver brothers of the Cloud)
  • First Raikage
  • First Mizukage
  • Second Mizukage (Killed by the Second Tsuchikage of the Stone)
  • First Tsuchikage
  • Second Tsuchikage (Killed by the Second Mizukage of the Mist)
  • First Kazekage 'probably'
  • Second Kazekage 'probably'

Second Shinobi World War

Participants: Sand vs Leaf, Rain vs Leaf, Sand vs Rain

• Rain Village
  • Leaf Village
  • Sand Village

Events:

• The Legendary Sannin earn their name after surviving a fight with Hanzō the Salamander.
  • Hanzō the Salamander and Lady Chiyo of the Sand fight on multiple occasions.
  • Sasori's Parents (Chiyo's child and in-law) are killed by the White Fang, Sakumo Hatake.
  • Chiyo and Tsunade are noted to have faced off, with Tsunade managing to cure all of Chiyo's poisons.
Notable Deaths:
  • First Kazekage 'probably'
  • Second Kazekage 'probably'

Third Shinobi World War

Participants: Cloud vs Leaf, Stone vs Leaf, Mist vs Leaf

• Cloud Village
  • Leaf Village
  • Stone Village
  • Mist Village

Events:

• The Third Raikage is in power. (This means the Second Raikage died at some point prior.)
  • Ay (future 4th Raikage) and Killer B (8 Tails Jinchuriki) fight Minato at some point.
  • The Third Raikage faces off against 10,000 shinobi and dies.
  • Minato kills a group of 50 Stone Shinobi and the Stone classifies him as 'Run-on-sight'.
  • Obito is 'killed'.
  • Rin is captured by the Mist and is made the three-tails Jinchuriki with the intent of destroying the Leaf.
  • Kakashi kills Rin (and the three-tails). {After this, the Three-tails revives and Yagura becomes its Jinchuriki and becomes the 4th Mizukage.}
  • Sasori kills the 3rd Kazekage. (We don't know when the 1st and 2nd Kazekage died, but they should've died at some point before this war.)
  • Ay becomes 4th Raikage.
  • Third Mizukage dies at some point. Yagura becomes Mizukage sometime later.
Notable Deaths:
  • Rin (& the Three-Tails)
  • 3rd Kazekage.

Other Minor Conflicts

• Pakura of Scorch release is stated to have stopped some Stone-village plan during a Sand-Stone conflict. (Sand vs Stone)
  • The Mist Village ambushes and kills Pakura, Sand Village blames it on Stone Village. (Sand vs Mist but the Stone gets blamed???)
  • The Mist and Stone jointly launch a mission against the Cloud Village, the Stone betrays the Mist afterward at Yosuga Pass. (Tragedy of Yosuga Pass) (Mist & Stone vs Cloud)
  • Unspecified Cloud-Leaf War: results in the Hyūga Affair, in which the Cloud attempted to steal the Byakugan the day after the peace treaty was signed.
  • Kushina's kidnapping: an attempt by the Cloud to kidnap the then Jinchuriki of the nine-tails, Kushina Uzumaki.
  • Uzushiogakure is destroyed, scattering the Uzumaki Clan.

Last edited:

Other Minor Conflicts

• Pakura of Scorch release is stated to have stopped some Stone-village plan during a Sand-Stone conflict. (Sand vs Stone)
  • The Mist Village ambushes and kills Pakura, Sand Village blames it on Stone Village. (Sand vs Mist but the Stone gets blamed???)
  • The Mist and Stone jointly launch a mission against the Cloud Village, the Stone betrays the Mist afterward at Yosuga Pass. (Tragedy of Yosuga Pass) (Mist & Stone vs Cloud)

Some other minor conflicts that I think can be included are:

The Battle of Kannabi Bridge - This took place during the third great ninja war. The bridge was an important supply route for the Stone. Minato was meant to be the diversion for Kakashi's squad to destroy the bridge. This was a major victory that turned the tide of the war in Konoha's favor despite the shortage of manpower. It's also where Kakashi got hit nickname "Kakashi of the Sharingan".

The Hyūga Affair - This was during a point when the Cloud and Konoha were at war with each other. Nine years before the start of the series to be specific. They agreed to a peace treaty, which was eventually revealed to be a cover when the head ninja of Kumo at the time attempted to kidnap the Hyūga princess in order to obtain the byakugan and its secrets. Though the shinobi was killed by the head of the clan, Kumo denied all accusations of the kidnapping and demanded Hiashi's body as compensation. Instead, his brother took his place and due to the cursed seal, the byakugan was also sealed, preventing Kumo from gaining any intel on the byakugan.

Kushina's Kidnapping - Basically, the Cloud attempted to kidnap Kushina (the nine tails jinchuriki at the time) only to be stopped by kid Minato.

Hanzo's Death - Idek how this happens here but in canon Pain killed him. Still figured his death was worth mentioning since he was a prominent ninja of the Rain.
  • Minato kills a group of 50 Stone Shinobi and the Stone classifies him as 'Run-on-sight'.
Also 'Flee-on-sight' is the correct term. Just a small nitpick tho :p

Might be more that I'm forgetting but great work summarizing all that info lel

Some other minor conflicts that I think can be included are:

The Battle of Kannabi Bridge - This took place during the third great ninja war. The bridge was an important supply route for the Stone. Minato was meant to be the diversion for Kakashi's squad to destroy the bridge. This was a major victory that turned the tide of the war in Konoha's favor despite the shortage of manpower. It's also where Kakashi got hit nickname "Kakashi of the Sharingan".

The Hyūga Affair - This was during a point when the Cloud and Konoha were at war with each other. Nine years before the start of the series to be specific. They agreed to a peace treaty, which was eventually revealed to be a cover when the head ninja of Kumo at the time attempted to kidnap the Hyūga princess in order to obtain the byakugan and its secrets. Though the shinobi was killed by the head of the clan, Kumo denied all accusations of the kidnapping and demanded Hiashi's body as compensation. Instead, his brother took his place and due to the cursed seal, the byakugan was also sealed, preventing Kumo from gaining any intel on the byakugan.

Kushina's Kidnapping - Basically, the Cloud attempted to kidnap Kushina (the nine tails jinchuriki at the time) only to be stopped by kid Minato.

Hanzo's Death - Idek how this happens here but in canon Pain killed him. Still figured his death was worth mentioning since he was a prominent ninja of the Rain.

Also 'Flee-on-sight' is the correct term. Just a small nitpick tho :p

Might be more that I'm forgetting but great work summarizing all that info lel
Oh! Yea, I did forget about these. Now that you mention Kushina I should also add the Uzushiogakure thing...hard to say when that happened though.

Good Catch!

I know the hidden sound is a newer formed clan. Orichimaru forming it. How will they fit into this? Will they be seen as this strange new or mysterious village? Will people mistrust them? Should the sound ninja be suspicious of the other larger villages? I doubt any of this will effect how Ryu interacts with others but wanted to ask.

Also I like the lists you guys made. Great posts.

I know the hidden sound is a newer formed clan. Orichimaru forming it. How will they fit into this? Will they be seen as this strange new or mysterious village? Will people mistrust them? Should the sound ninja be suspicious of the other larger villages? I doubt any of this will effect how Ryu interacts with others but wanted to ask.

Also I like the lists you guys made. Great posts.
Being helmed by a widely known S-rank criminal doesn't do much for the Sound's public image. The Sound is too new to have formed any grudges, but a lot of people don't like Orochimaru. The Leaf, for one, is antagonistic because Orochimaru is a criminal who defected from their village. In the anime, Orochimaru was also responsible for the rampage of the 8 Tails in the Cloud village. I don't believe the Cloud knows it was Orochimaru though, and it was a bit of Anime-only addition.

The Sound has a very neutral position, but will probably be distrusted given the whole Orochimaru bit.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Also I just wanted to say that both Kyuu and Retro's lists were really insightful for a brief but in depth look at the history of the Narutoverse prior to the events of this RP. As someone who hasn't watched the series prior to starting this RP, I feel glad to have known both of those things as it allows me to infer how Garu would reasonably react to these events.

Gotta take the eyes from a living body. No fun scooping them out of a corpse.
No scooping required, Orochimaru can directly possess the body for maximum efficiency :v

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Gonna be especially fun for Zeren as he doesn't even know he has the magic retinas to begin with.

Orochimaru: Give me your eyes
Zeren: Excuse me wtf.
Orochimaru: Give me your retinas
Zeren: Why
Orochimaru: Give me your magic
Zeren: I need an adult
Orochimaru: I am an adult

Gonna be especially fun for Zeren as he doesn't even know he has the magic retinas to begin with.

Orochimaru: Give me your eyes
Zeren: Excuse me wtf.
Orochimaru: Give me your retinas
Zeren: Why
Orochimaru: Give me your magic
Zeren: I need an adult
Orochimaru: I am an adult
I have a question. How does Zeren have the sharingan? Is one of his parents an Uchiha? Apologies if it is explained in the backstory and I missed it.

I love how ninjas just gouge eyes out and transplant them perfectly with no side effects or complications despite likely no modern anaesthetics. I doubt Itatchi washed his hands when he attempted to take Sasuke's eye. Same with Sasuke after beating Itachi.
The only one who does this is Madara, but Madara has Hashirama cells so he could probably regenerate a lost organ in an instant much less connect some eyeballs u_u

Sasuke actually does some form of surgery for his transplant.

I love how ninjas just gouge eyes out and transplant them perfectly with no side effects or complications despite likely no modern anaesthetics. I doubt Itatchi washed his hands when he attempted to take Sasuke's eye. Same with Sasuke after beating Itachi.
Yeah one thing I always noticed is how easily ninjas in Naruto seem to be able to just take another's eyes and pop them in their own sockets.

This took way too long, but here is the third Oto member.

Name:
Utano Suru
Nationality: Otogakure
Ninja Rank: Genin

Chakra Nature: Lightning
Kekkei Genkai (If Applicable): N/A
Hiden (If Applicable): N/A

Appearance: Utano stands at 5"5 and weighs 99.2 pounds. She has pale skin, brown eyes and short straight, red hair that reaches her cheeks. Usually she has a simple black hair clip in it. She wears a dark purple shirt that misses the right sleeve, a pair of pants with the snake pattern that Team Oto had in the anime and a pair of heavily worn sandals. She keeps her Oto-headband on her forehead and has two leather straps on her back to carry a bass guitar that she made with her father, nicknamed the 'Sound of Hope'. It is made out of wood gathered from dumped drawers and the like, with the strings being made out of metal wire that is bound around a coil. This allows her to replace the strings whenever they snap. The bass guitar is painted purple and sometimes gets jokingly referred to as the 'Purple Pain'.

Personality: Utano is someone who takes life as it is and her personality can be summarized in one word, Shoganai or 'It can't be helped'. She isn't happy with her current situation of life and she tries to make it better, but she won't keep pushing and try a method that clearly doesn't work. If all the solutions to a problem that she knows of don't work, then she is easy to accept the problem and move on. She'd rather use her time doing something productive than spend hours struggling with one thing, even if it is not always the most efficient way of doing things. That being said, she can be pretty stubborn when it comes to taking shortcuts. To Utano, the way of doing something is just as important as the end result. This is also why she made her own bass guitar instead of buying/stealing one, she firmly believes that the effort she put into it will make the end result better than a store-bought instrument.

Personal History: Usano was born in a family of common thugs who are loyal to Orochimaru and quickly fell in love with the instruments that her family would play during birthdays. She would spend hours doing whatever she pleased with the instruments, not truly making music and instead just making noise. As she grew older, the girl grew more aware of her admittedly bad living conditions and clinged onto music to escape from her daily struggles. Eventually she decided to play and sing songs on the streets in hopes of making some money for her family. She became a ninja after hearing that there was a lot of money to be made, but it is not her dream job. Her future plans at the moment are to make enough money for her family to live a comfortable life, after that she's hoping to make or join a band and follow her dreams as an artist rather than a killer.

Clan History (If Applicable): N/A

-Stats-
(90/90)

Strength: 10 (Physical Power)
Speed:
11 (Peak physical movement)
Durability:
8 (Physical damage sustained)
Dexterity:
14 (General finesse and reflexes)
Stamina:
10 (Chakra reserves)
Control:
10 (Chakra Control)
Ninjutsu:
Genjutsu: 8
Taijutsu: 10

This took way too long, but here is the third Oto member.

Name:
Utano Suru
Nationality: Otogakure
Ninja Rank: Genin

Chakra Nature: Lightning
Kekkei Genkai (If Applicable): N/A
Hiden (If Applicable): N/A

Appearance: Utano stands at 5"5 and weighs 99.2 pounds. She has pale skin, brown eyes and short straight, red hair that reaches her cheeks. Usually she has a simple black hair clip in it. She wears a dark purple shirt that misses the right sleeve, a pair of pants with the snake pattern that Team Oto had in the anime and a pair of heavily worn sandals. She keeps her Oto-headband on her forehead and has two leather straps on her back to carry a bass guitar that she made with her father, nicknamed the 'Sound of Hope'. It is made out of wood gathered from dumped drawers and the like, with the strings being made out of metal wire that is bound around a coil. This allows her to replace the strings whenever they snap. The bass guitar is painted purple and sometimes gets jokingly referred to as the 'Purple Pain'.

Personality: Utano is someone who takes life as it is and her personality can be summarized in one word, Shoganai or 'It can't be helped'. She isn't happy with her current situation of life and she tries to make it better, but she won't keep pushing and try a method that clearly doesn't work. If all the solutions to a problem that she knows of don't work, then she is easy to accept the problem and move on. She'd rather use her time doing something productive than spend hours struggling with one thing, even if it is not always the most efficient way of doing things. That being said, she can be pretty stubborn when it comes to taking shortcuts. To Utano, the way of doing something is just as important as the end result. This is also why she made her own bass guitar instead of buying/stealing one, she firmly believes that the effort she put into it will make the end result better than a store-bought instrument.

Personal History: Usano was born in a family of common thugs who are loyal to Orochimaru and quickly fell in love with the instruments that her family would play during birthdays. She would spend hours doing whatever she pleased with the instruments, not truly making music and instead just making noise. As she grew older, the girl grew more aware of her admittedly bad living conditions and clinged onto music to escape from her daily struggles. Eventually she decided to play and sing songs on the streets in hopes of making some money for her family. She became a ninja after hearing that there was a lot of money to be made, but it is not her dream job. Her future plans at the moment are to make enough money for her family to live a comfortable life, after that she's hoping to make or join a band and follow her dreams as an artist rather than a killer.

Clan History (If Applicable): N/A

-Stats-
(90/90)

Strength: 10 (Physical Power)
Speed:
11 (Peak physical movement)
Durability:
8 (Physical damage sustained)
Dexterity:
14 (General finesse and reflexes)
Stamina:
10 (Chakra reserves)
Control:
10 (Chakra Control)
Ninjutsu:
Genjutsu: 8
Taijutsu: 10

Accepted.

I think I’m just gonna drop, I’m too lazy to think of a new backstory and personality xD

You don't really need a new backstory or jutsu. Koichi doesn't have musical abilities. I don't think he does...

The Cloud still only has Jacob's Samurai girl, so they could use two more people. I think all the other villages are full.

I copied this list from retro master. I believe the cloud village is full.

RPer and OC List so far:

Iwa:
Zander (Yoshi)
Soul (Garu)
DarkHydra (Kani)

Kiri:
Nightshade (Yuna)
Shrift (Tensei)
Hiroshi (Jacob)

Kumo:
Jacob (Mitsuko)
Ranger (Reserved Spot)
Koop (Reserved Spot)

Suna:
Kyuu (Kikyō)
Snucky (Toshiko)
Koop (Hatsumei)

Konoha:
NDB (Arashi)
Gaming (Zeren)
Not Retro (Kazue)

Oto:
Jacob (Koichi)
Ryu (ThatGuy)

Let me know if I missed any.

Well his whole backstory is being experimented on by Orochi and his personality was beaten out of him by that.... so yeah, those things would have to change xD

Could replace experimentation with just abuse and pressure from his parents or whoever is his caretaker. A way to "sharpen his skills" to explain his talents but also the trauma without having to redo the concept from scratch.

If Nue went to the cloud village somebody would need to lose a reserved spot.

Well his whole backstory is being experimented on by Orochi and his personality was beaten out of him by that.... so yeah, those things would have to change xD

Could replace experimentation with just abuse and pressure from his parents or whoever is his caretaker. A way to "sharpen his skills" to explain his talents but also the trauma without having to redo the concept from scratch.

Or that.

If you do end up having your character go to the cloud village, you could say your character fled the sound village, and fled from Orochimaru's abuse. Managing to get a new home in the cloud village. Just a thought...

Nah that would require him to respect/fear his parents and it wouldn’t be the same thing as the strange combination of admiration and resentment he has towards Orochi. I’d rather just make a new character than worsen one I had liked.