• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

OC Submissions for a Story (Seeking Minor Characters)

Okay, technicality time! Multiple regions have more than eight gyms. How many gyms should we have?

• 8 gyms

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 10 gyms

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 12 gyms

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One for each type

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Other (post in thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here's another Random Character
Name: Sheila Merinsky
Appearance: She has Silver hair and Green eyes, stands about 5'7" and wears a tank top that reveals her navel, also has a light jacket for cooler weather, and wears shorts.
Personality: Very Shy, more so around Firey, opens up a little more after she befriends the main characters
Backstory: Team Rocket ruined her family and basically her and Jaclyn don't see each other at all.
Goal: To try and stop Team Rocket
Role: Random, Coordinator by day, Vigilante by night.

Pokemon Currently

Species: Walrein
Ability: Thick Fat
Personality: Very fierce and protective of Shelia.
Backstory: Her Starter, due to a mix up at the professor's lab.

Pokemon caught later

Species: Haxorus
Ability: Rivalry
Backstory: He was caught during a mission.
Personality: He is very quiet and will only speak up if something of a serious nature is apparent.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Hopefully within the next 48 hours.

Just going to denote some things, before I finish the chapter:

1) The starting town is Viola Town. (Completely unrelated to the Kalos gym leader.)
2) Pokemon from every region will be present in Ferrine. This is to make up for the fact that it has no native Pokemon.
3) I'll probably have no Random Characters in this first chapter.

EDIT: The poll is tied between "8 gyms" and "one for each type". Therefore, I'm reopening the Gym Leader submissions and going to set the answer as "as many as I can get, up to 1 for each type".

EDIT NUMBER TWO: The story should be up within the next couple hours!

Last edited:

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
@Red Gallade Theoretically, you don't need Mega Evolution to go far in the league.
Oh, and as a reminder to all of you. If your character is from Alola or has travelled Alola and taken part in the Island Challenge, Z-Crystals are allowed.

Also, if anyone wants to change their team to incorporate a Mega Evolution, any Pokemon may be changed or removed UNLESS it ruins the continuity. (So, no changing Pokemon after said Pokemon has already been mentioned/included in a chapter.)

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Okay, little bit of an update.
I am far from dead. Life just kinda kicked me in the butt recently, giving me a buttload of work and obligations. I'm still working on Chapter 2, though!
I hope none of you have given up on me :'|

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
UPDATE:

*Sigh*. I feel like I should update y'all on this.
My sincerest apologies for the hiatus. I didn't expect to be so incredibly busy for so long. I've got a lot of good news though!
1) I'm basically not busy at all for the entire summer after this weekend.
2) I have the entire scope of the story planned out. Chapter 2 just needs to be fleshed out, before I post it.
3) I'm LOADED with plot ideas and plot devices! I've also been studying literary devices and techniques so my writing might have a lot more style.
4) THANK YOU for the support on the first chapter. It's motivated me to keep writing.

I haven't given up on this project, far from it. I expect to finish Chapter 2 in the next few days.
I was also wondering something. I don't know the rules on this, but I may or may not crosspost this on another fanfiction site. I've been holding off, because the characters belong to you guys and I don't want to post them elsewhere without your permission. Please let me know your opinions.

Again, my apologies.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
UPDATE! I'm nearly done with Chapter 2 and expect to have it out within the next couple days.

Also, plot points! Because I want to prove that I'm actually putting thought into this!

- The RP "Pokehuman Encounters" will be referenced as a sideplot. We've discussed this already but I thought I'd put it here anyway.
- One traveling companion and possibly a rival will be introduced in chapter 3. The other two will be introduced soon, don't worry!
- Minor Cyber action will start in the next couple of chapters. Nothing too massive, and they'll probably stay inconspicuous for a while.
- There will be some Cyber foreshadowing in Chapter 2. Everyone in this thread will likely understand it.
- First gym battle will probably be in Chapter 5 (guesstimating), possibly later. I want to give some time for development first.
- Allie's final team is decided. I won't reveal it though.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Another OC, designed by an IRL friend of mine.

Name (First and Last): Victoria Towers
Appearance: Standing at a height of 5'9, Victoria has black hair usually tied in a ponytail. She has medium-toned skin, and emerald green eyes. She wears the female Team Cyber Admin uniform.
Personality: Very self-confident, thinks she's better than everyone else. She has a constant need to impress Veronica.
Backstory: TBD
Goal: Team Cyber's goal. And that's it.
Relation to Allie (How will your character interact with Allie?): Tends to treat her like a child. (Well, Allie IS a child, but you get the idea.)
Role: Team Cyber Admin
Pokemon:
Slade the Weavile (Female)
Mischief the Zoroark (Male)
Shadow the Gengar (Male, has Mega Evolution later in the story)
Lux the Gothitelle (Female)

@PrincessPika, are you still doing the second Gym Leader?