• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Origin of your screen name(s)?

I guess my screen name was inspired by the colors of a shiny Charizard. First off, the color scheme of black and red reminded me of Dracula, which is inspired off of VLAD-imere Tepes. "Dragon" was inspired from how Charizard looks like a dragon (and yes I know he/she is actually a fire and flying typed pokemon).

My name has been, and always will be MrLink13. It came from an account that someone made me for Minecraft as a gift and I didn't get to choose it. I stuck with it though mostly because If I ever used anything different I would forget it. Also I like Zelda, so MrLink was kind of appealing to me

I got this username from a book series that I just got into and that I love dearly. It's called Throne of Glass. The main character's name isn't Elentiya, but her best friend calls her that.

Jhan Garc

Formerly AkenabeShiro
Weeeeelllllll....

Olivar: In my most successful run of FFTA,my second in command was a human fighter called that. He was the soldier you get in the beginning!

AkenabeShiro: One day,if I learn how to draw,I'll make a comic. One of the guys will be named that.

Sharkid or Sharkid.EXE: Hey,it sounds cool.

Landshifter: Same reason as Sharkid.

OKAY!

So, my favorite pokemon is Bulbasaur, because it was also my first ever pokemon, and my first ever pokemon game was Leaf Green. So there.

I didn't want to be just some random Bulbasaur guy, so I thought of something I am IRL, and stuck it on the end. The "the" was kinda because I liked names with "the" in the middle. I can't think of any examples right now.

I love the concept of theis thread, by the way.

Well, since Blastoise is my favorite Pokémon(but for some odd reason, not my favorite Mega Evolution, thanks Mega Scizor) and I (at the time of posting this) am 15 years of age, it hit me: MegaBlastoise15.

sunflore: When I was making my Tumblr, I wanted to name myself "sunflower" because it is my favorite flower. Since that was already taken, I tried "sunflora," because it's based off of a sunflower, and I like Pokemon. That was taken as well. I then just decided to replace the "a" with an "e" and thought it looked cool, so it stuck :)

So, I originally wanted to just be "Espeon" but of course, that's a popular one on multitudes of Websites. So I eventually settled with Espeawesome, but then I decided that some people would not catch the "espeon" in the Espe part, so, now I use EspeonTheBest. It's straightforward and says what I want it to say.

Buckle up kiddies, it's story time.

Last year, in seventh grade, we played QuizUp. Which is basicly a quiz, that you compete on for the highest score. I chose SnugAPug, because I loved pugs. I ended up beating like the whole class, so I was coined, SnugAPug. I later got a Xbox360, and had to chose a name. At first I tried, "ScoutRecon" and "ReconDrone" but they were taken, so I put "Scout" and "Pug" together.

No I'm refered to as Scout, or Pug.

Blonde

Formerly TrainerNiko
TrainerNiko was my name before, Niko being my real name and because I'm a trainer.
Now ItsSai, Sai was the name I gave my first ever pokemon back when I got my first ever pokemon game (Pokemon Blue version and it was Bulbasaur)
Sai is also the name of most of my favourite anime characters.

52Crossroads

Formerly Gya
Gya comes from gyakusatsu. japanese for slaughter, and one of the origin words for Gyarados. but i got tired of people mispronouncing it so i just shortened it.
nowadays i normally go by morrigan52 though. the morrigan is a pagan goddess trio of war. im really interested in all kinds of mythologies. and i just picked a number :/
lately ive been trying to change all my stuff over to 52Crossroads. my real name is Travis, which comes from traverser (french word, means 'to cross'). and im tired of people calling me morgan. hah

SFOddish - A user name for the internet when I was young. Initials of my first and last name and Oddish was currently being trained on Ruby.
SLFOddish - Similar to above but added my middle name.
FireCacodemon - With my favourite element being Fire, that was used while making the new name. By the time I was making the new name, I was playing one of my favourite games, Doom. One of the enemies in that game are called Cacodemons, they fire fire electricity balls and float around all cool and stuff...so boom. FireCacodemon was born.
Yukiko Shi - Yukiko's my OC, I use her a lot in role-plays, names on other websites such as here, Kissanime/manga/cartoon, Pokefarm Q and other recent accounts are Yukiko Shi.

So first I was LumaJoy and I have a story for that one.

So a few days before I found 'Charms, I was absorbed by the Mario Galaxy games. (Do you know how freaking hard it is to do a speed run prankster comet?) My favorite charcter had to be toad or the cute penguins before I had by camera zoomed in once on a luma. I don't know why I had a sudden change of heart, but suddenly I loved the little guy more than anything else. I would spend multiple minutes throwing starbits at them to hear them make that adorable luma sound.

Now I'm Shadewing.

I found that to be honest, I wasn't doing anything Luma related on this site. All the Roleplays that I was constantly replying to were Warrior Cat Roleplays. Since my main charcter is Shadewing, a mixture of my favorite spots while hiking and my love of birds, I renamed my user account to this.

Here's how I chose my name;
At first, I wanted the name "Raven" because the second elementary school I went to had the mascot of a raven and I stayed there for about 4 years or so. This was also due to me loving ravens more than any other bird, and that I just liked the name Raven. Raven was already a taken name, so, I came up with Nightraven. This was because I loved Erin Hunter's Warriors saga (As Nightraven is a warrior/elder/deputy/medicine cat name...) , because I'm a "night owl"(as in I always stay up late at night), and because, well, I couldn't think of anything, as well as my main OC being Raven, but when she was in the forest, she was named Nightraven. I don't know how long I'll remain as "Nightraven", but most likely for years to come as I can't come up with anything else.

I'm really proud of mine, because it took me so long to make a good one.
Quick + Vixen (or Braixen, whatever you want.) + Brillare (That's Italian for ''shine'')
I chose these things because I like to be quick, foxes and Italy.

I get my Iris part in my name from my favorite Pokemon Trainer/Gym Leader/Champion. I also love gaming so that is the gamer part and I am a girl so thats the orgin of my name.

Originally my name was Sonicz, I came up with that name because I was researching the Sonic Boom and I was watching an Episode of Dragon Ball Z Kai. When I finished everything I searched up trainer card maker and *Poof* Pokecharms was first, I was actually just gonna make a card and leave but I then learned that this is a place where you can upload fan art of Pokemon. I joined and named myself Sonicz which is basically a name explaining what I've done in the last 10 minutes that day.

Sonic+DBZ=Sonicz

I'm know by two main names on the internet: either "Kuro Ryu" (or a variation: Kuro-Ryu-chan, KR16, etc), or "Crazy-Ass Bat".
"Kuro Ryu" was my first Internet name, I chose it because my favorite color is black, I love dragons (in general), and at that time I had just gotten into anime/manga/japanese stuff.
Now recently I've started using the name "Crazy-ass Bat" (first time I used it was to make my tumblr blog) because my favorite real animal are bats, and because I'm kinda... eccentric x) (and I just love the expression "bat-shit crazy") I wanted a silly username and I wanted my friends to recognize it was me, and I think I nailed it XD

When you see me, I either go by UmbreonRogue or, more recently, CrazyUmbreonLady. Umbreon is my favorite Pokemon, so it appears in both of those usernames. I think the rogue class is the coolest in any game, so I put it there in UmbreonRogue. CrazyUmbreonLady doesn't so much refer to craziness as it does my autism, which while it doesn't hinder me intellectually, it makes me do some pretty random stuff, in addition to how I sometimes throw out common sense.

Not much special, other than letting others know that I love Pokemon and Foxes
I was a bit undecided on my username or the other 2 I had in mind - FireFox and HeroicFox.

I really love Flareons, but I felt like "flareonlover" or something similar was to common, and I am often called a Geek so I was like oma GeekyFlareon! and yeah so that happened!

The name Rikan came from my very first playthrough of Pokémon Platinum. My two favorite Pokémon at the time were Riolu and Banette so I fused them together with a k. It became the basic name of all my Pokémon games since. The amethyst part is about a special gift that was given to me on my eighth birthday which was an Amaura, which I said had rainbow eyebrows that looked like amethysts and topaz. Tada!

I have my name from experience. I have personally hard time finding the certain mega stone I want and absol is my favorite pokemon and it can mega evolve. The "away" message is mysterious. The Absent absol!

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
My name's an arte, or a basic special move from the Tales of Series, because I'm obsessed with everything to do with the series.
I've never had another name to use or have created, as I feel this shade of blue fits me best.

When I was like I dunno, seven years old. I was walking through Tuesday Morning with my mom and I saw a cupid doll in the toys section (I loved Ever After High back then) and I thought, well Cupid is a rebel, and she is basically pink, and then I'm like "I like the name MissPinkRebelle!" and so that became my username for just about everyting.

When I first joined Pokecharms (more than a year ago. Why am I only saying this now? XD) I wanted to make a name related to the site. Or, at least, what I knew about it at the time. The Eeveechu part of my name is a mix between Eevee and Pikachu, and there are 151 Pokemon in the Kanto Pokedex.

It's a shortened version of my current online handle: Javelin Goalie (sometimes "javelingoalie"), which I thought was a clever and amusing combination.

Hey. I started as Pokemonace for no reason, just because I use that name for almost everything at the time. Special Mew was supposed to be Shiny Mew but that was taken. Mew was my favorite Pokémon at the time. As Ace the Mew Trainer? I added my common name, Ace, and my love of mews, which i Ace The Mew Trainer. When you see this my name may be something like X Sans X or something, thats just because I like Sans as I am a Undertale fan and @Sans is taken :(. So yeah the above.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Another name change means another post whoot!

Honestly though, Shiny Lyni (which is my username for everything now) came about in a kinda boring way. The first half of the name was because my original username here was Shiny Eevee, and everyone began calling me Shiny and completely ignoring the Eevee part sometime around 2008.

The Lyni part I can thank @Ruko for; we were emailing each other during a period I couldn't access the site and he figured out my real name due to shenanigans. One thing led to another and we eventually agreed that Lyn was a nice, ahort nickname for me. I added the "i" at the end because it flowed better into a name I was testing out at the time, Lynigami (portmanteau of Lyn and origami).

I knew Shiny Eevee was likely taken in most places (and I didn't want to be associated with Eevee on all websites I went on, especially not on the non-Pokemon sites), and Lyni just felt too short. So I put them together to make Shiny Lyni, and it's been my online handle for at least six or seven years now I believe? I actually really like the name as it holds quite a bit of meaning to me ♥ occasionally I add a 14 at the end, usually when I'm making a side account or something, as I was born on June 14.

Another common username I use is Violyni, but again, that's almost exclusively used for side accounts. I'm surprised the name usually isn't taken, as I have a twitter and tumblr blog with that name (and I think a youtube account? Not entirely sure about that).