• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open PokeHigh (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hyun gave Eon a gentle pat on the forehead. “Oh, would you like to meet mine? He’s a bit shy, but he doesn’t bite. Well, he only bites me, anyway.” Hyun released a somewhat grumpy looking Eevee into the courtyard. “Akira, come say hi! It’s about time you got out of your Pokéball anyway.” She tried to nudge him along.

"Yo Eon, check it out! Another Eevee." Eon jumped down and introduced himself. He put his paw out as if wanted a paw bump from him.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Ahem.
Folks, it appears that some of you need a refresher on our RP forum rules!

Posts must be third person, past tense, story format and at least one paragraph long. Paragraph. Not LINE. This thread is a pile of one-liners and you really need to actually put something more into your posts. Also at least one of you slipped into first person once - and while this may have been a mistake - be more mindful of this in the future, please.

Akira looked at the other Eevee’s outstretched paw for a moment. Then slowly moved his own to tap Eon’ paw lightly. He purred quietly as a greeting. Hyun smiled, exited to see her usually distrustful Eevee making an effort. She thought maybe seeing another one of its kind made him more secure.

“There you go!” Hyun nodded to Akira encouragingly, then looked back to Eon’s trainer. “So...are you new to the school?” She asked him.

"Yeah, I'm new to this school." Makura scratched the back of his head nervously. "Eon and I were just looking around and found you and that other trainer battling. So we decided to watch the battle because we were interested." Eon nodded and jumped back onto Makura's shoulder.

RSTG123

Previously thunder gamer
Dylan was debating joing the conversation, but realized he would be late for class, ultimately deciding against it. Though he did decide to warn the three. "Hey! You three! You should get to class, it's almost time for it to start!" Dylan and riolu proceeded to go to class

Hyun had lost track of time until another student warned them class was beginning soon. “He’s right...I better get going. Well then, it was nice to meet you both!” She said, then nodded to Catalina and Makura. “I have to get to class, but maybe I’ll see you around.” She opened her bag and Akira jumped inside. With one final wave, she jogged hastily back into the school. She was in fairly high spirits, having made a few acquaintances already, a step up from her first day at her old school. She hoped her first day of class would go just as well, if not better. “Battle class”, her schedule read. That should be simple enough, she thought, if I can get there on time. She picked up her pace a bit. Hyun couldn’t imagine being late on her first day, first impressions were crucial in every class.

Mr. Machiavellian

Previously riskyie
“How rude of me to forget my name. I’m Catalina,” She said, stroking the Eevee. Catalina stopped petting Eevee when she was reminded it was almost time for class. Looking at her schedule once again, she had Berry Identification and Cures class.
“I have that berry class. See y’all later!” Cat waved, walking away.

Catalina entered the room she already had memorized on her map, and the room had berries, charts, and all that. Already, there were two students in the building. She took her seat, her Meowstic sitting on her shoulder as usual.

RSTG123

Previously thunder gamer
Dylan looked at schedule which said he would have battle class first. "Yes! I get to battle first!" Dylan rushed to class with riolu by his side, and ended up arriving earlier then most

After realizing how late it was, Makura checked his schedule to see what his first class was. "Huh I have berry class too. Well looks like we got to go fast." Makura rushed to class without hesitation. "Well Eon, it's our first class. Let's make a good impression and try not to get into to much trouble." Eon nodded with excitement.

Last edited:

Mr. Machiavellian

Previously riskyie
Catalina looked at the door to see a familiar face entering the room, it was the trainer from earlier and his Eevee. “Hey!” Cat waved to Makura. “Want to sit next to me?” She patted the desk next to her a few times, hoping Makura would sit down so the class wouldn’t be as boring as it seemed to be at first.

RSTG123

Previously thunder gamer
Dylan decided to sit somewhere near the middle of the room, where he wouldn't be bothered by people at the back, but wont be called on by the teacher as often as the people at the front.

Makura walked into the classroom figuring out where to sit. He saw the trainer that won the battle. "Hey Catalina!" He waved to her and saw her pat the desk next to her hoping he would sit next to him. He decided to walked to the desk and sit next to her. "Fancy seeing you here. This must be you first too."

Mr. Machiavellian

Previously riskyie
Catalina nodded. “Yeah, it is, but i’m not sure how interesting it is going to be.” She tapped her pen against the desk and sighed, resting her head on her hand.

As she did that, the teacher walked in, who was a man who looked like he was in his late 30s. He had a stubble, he was pretty tall, and he wore presentable clothing. “Sorry for being a little late,” He said, looking at everybody in the classroom. “I’m Mr. Jackson, and I guess we can start from here. The first berry we will study is an Oran Berry, which is extremely common and will only take a class or two to study. Take out your textbooks and flip to page 12, after the introduction,” He said. Catalina took out her textbook and flipped to the requested page.

"Well this going to be a while. Better make it count." Makura took out his textbook and flipped to page 12, hoping that this won't take as long. "At least the teacher is nice, let's just hope won't be hard." Eon looked down at the textbook spotting the berry. "I guess Eon is excited that this is a berry class. He really likes berries."

Kathren got up and returned Stoutland and Shinx. These two would cause trouble if she let them into the school. She then smiled at her Espeon and said, "Come on Sunny, we better get going. I do remember our first day here and the late teacher, but maybe that won't happen this time." Her voice was quiet and gentle. She placed everything back in her bag and went to her class, not making much noise as she entered. She found an empty seat in the back and saw the teacher was already there. She went pale and flipped to page 12, hoping that her good record up to that point would save her from getting into trouble. She was the one who always followed the rules, even when everyone else went crazy in the class.

RSTG123

Previously thunder gamer
By now nearly every student had arrived, and the teacher walked in. They seemed nice. "Alright everyone." They said in a calm tone "Who's ready to battle?" Riolu jumped in excitement. Dylan also looked eager.

As class continued, Makura saw the another trainer sitting in the back row. "Huh, wonder who that is." Eon noticed the Espeon right beside her. "Eevee!", Eon said quietly. "I know Eon. She has an Espeon. Maybe we can introduce ourselves after class." Makura turned back and continued paying attention.

Mr. Machiavellian

Previously riskyie
Catalina took a quick glance at the late student and her Espeon, and went back to reading her textbook. Mr. Jackson looked at the late student in the back of the classroom and recognized her. “Ms. Relmem, it’s unlikely for you to be late. Since it is the first day and you have a perfect record, i’ll let it slide,” He said, turning back to his teacher textbook. “I’ll wait a few more minutes before we review so everybody read pages 12-13.”

Catalina had already read all of the information and even took a few notes, so she was ready. Slowly shutting her textbook and pushing it to the corner of her desk, she read over her list once more to memorize it. ‘Oran Berries are one of the most common berries and grow in half a day. They heal Pokemon a little bit after or before battling, and can even be a little snack. They are small and round, and you can find them easily in the wild,’ She concluded her note to herself, setting it on her desk facedown.

After Mr. Jackson notified them about reviewing Oran Berries, Makura took out his notebook and wrote the most important points about them. "Well this should be about it. The most important keys about Oran Berries. They're common, heal Pokemon by a tiny bit, grow half a day, can be found in the wild, and small, round, and blue." Makura memorized from top to bottom until time was up.

Mr. Machiavellian

Previously riskyie
“Alright everyone, time is up,” Mr. Jackson said about five minutes later. “Now, let’s review this berry,” The teacher said in a carefree tone, like teaching people about how important berries were made him quite positive.

A few minutes later, he asked the first question in the review. “Who can tell me how much time it takes on average for an Oran Berry to grow ripe?” Catalina was the first to shoot her hand up. Mr. Jackson saw that she had raised her hand first. “Cat?” He said her name in an expectant tone.
Catalina cleared her throat. “Approximately, it takes half a day, or twelve hours, for a perfectly ripe Oran Berry to mature,” She said, sitting down.
“Very good,” Mr. Jackson said, jotting the information down on the chalkboard. “Oran Berries, as well as many others, take a very short time to ripen. This is good, because Pokemon who need emergency care can get their medicine, or berries in most situations, quickly,” He explained, crossing his arms. “Next question, what healing properties do Oran Berries have?”

(OOC: Mr. Jackson is becoming a pretty active NPC owo)

Kathren felt embarrassed at being called out like that. She thought her entrance was silent. She sighed and continued to review. Once the teacher said review time was over, she placed the book back in her bag. Someone named Cat answered the first question, and she didn't want to be outshone. Normally she would have to be called on, but she didn't want the other students to think she was a lazy student who did nothing but make it to class on time, or late in this case. Her hand shot up in the air, a determined expression on her face. Her Espeon looked stunned but was pleased. Her trainer was becoming more assertive.

(OOC: Who should decide what the battle class teacher looks like? And what they do/say? I would also assume we’d just be learning about simple type match ups and things like that on the first day.)
————————————-

Hyun noticed the student from earlier, a boy about her age, with a Riolu. She was surprised to see it out inside the school. At her old school, Pokémon were strictly forbidden on school grounds. Hyun saw several other students with their Pokémon as well.
“Well, if it’s OK to have our Pokémon out, would you like to join me, Akira?” Eevee appeared from its Pokeball under Hyun’s desk. He looked around nervously with his ears back. He wasn’t used to being around so many unfamiliar Pokémon, but Hyun figured it was a good time to get used to it. After letting Eevee out, she dug in her bag for her notebook and pen, just the essentials, and waited patiently for her first class.

Mr. Machiavellian

Previously riskyie
(the npc i’m probably going to roleplay as is mr jackson because i kind of decided everything about him and how he acts. maybe battle class teacher could be a strict grandma that had some sort of special battling training from when she was young up to her senior years?)

Looking around the room, Mr. Jackson saw Kathren raise her hand along with a handful of other students. “Kathren?” The teacher called on her expectantly, crossing his arms. Catalina turned in her chair to look at Kathren and hear her answer better, taking another very quick glance at her notes. She knew this question was quite easy, and that Kathy was obviously a smart person, so Catalina expected for her to spit out a correct answer.

RSTG123

Previously thunder gamer
Dylan saw someone about his age walk in the door late, but not TOO late. He noticed the suprised look on her face and couldn't help wonder why.

When Kathren saw other students watch her, she grew pale. She never liked to be the center of attention, nor did she like it when others watch her. "O-oran Berries are meant to heal P-pokemon. T-they don't h-heal for much though, so t-they a-are better f-for newer t-trainers w-with younger Pokemon," she managed to choke due to her wave of fear. She was never good with crowds, or people, or people watching her, or anything that had to do with socializing. Her Pokemon were her only friends, and she never really been able to reach out. Her anxiety always paralyzed her and her Espeon always had to try to comfort her. Her Espeon gave a sigh of relief, Kathren was able to give an answer.

(OOC: sounds good. I’ll go with that!)

Hyun wasn’t exactly sure what she expected the Battle class teacher to look like, but the reality certainly caught her off guard. A very short old woman, she couldn’t have been younger than 60, with spectacles, and a scowl on her face, walked into the room. She carried several heavy books with her, which she slammed down on the front desk with a loud thud. The class went silent.
“Good Morning.” She said, without a hint of cheer in her voice. “I am Ms. Morrow. This is Battle 1 class.” She spoke sternly, clipping her words as if she was addressing a bunch of delinquent students, leering at all of them in turn. “In this course, you will learn—no, master—the intricacies of Pokémon battles. You will soon learn that nothing in this class is going to be an ‘easy A’ or ‘just busywork’,” She made quotation marks with her fingers. “I will waste no time in this class, every second of my time will be used. Meaning, I will not tolerate any horseplay. Understood?” Hyun nodded, eyes wide. This teacher clearly wasn’t messing around. “Now,” she continued, turning to the board. “Today, we will begin our unit on Pokémon type matchups and attributes. All of you open your textbooks to page 38.” Hyun retrieved her book quickly. She was going to do her best to stay off of this teacher’s bad side.

RSTG123

Previously thunder gamer
Dylan and riolu were both disappointed at the fact that they weren't going to actually battle yet, maybe not at all. but decided not to show it as much as possible. they knew the teaching wasn't messing around. Dylan proceeded to open his textbook to page 38

“Now,” Ms. Morrow continued. “Can anyone tell me why Pokémon types are important in battle?” She scanned the room for raised hands. Hyun hesitated. She knew the answer, but didn’t exactly feel like answering first. She was certain she could never live it down if she got the answer wrong. She resolved to answer the next question instead, once she found the confidence.

Blue_Flash4

Previously Blue_Flash4 de Lafayette
*New Kid*
Full Name: Nicholas de Lafayette
Nickname: Nick or Lafayette
Personality: Kind, Cool, Fun to be around
Appearance: Blue Leather Jacket, Black tank top under, black jeans, black boots, black hair
Dislikes: Jerks
Things Nick Likes To Do: fight for equality, study other cultures, battle with Pokémon
Pokémon: Poliwrath (M), Blastoise (M), Charizard (M), Venusaur (M), Pidgeot (M), Gyarados (M)
Other: He is bisexual

—————————————————-

Nicholas de Lafayette was late to class. He sprinted down the hall. He found Ms. Morrow’s class and opened the door. When he entered his jacket was halfway off his body and his tank top was showing. As he caught his breath he breathed out “S-sorry I’m late...”

Ms. Morrow shot Nicholas a pointed look. “Late on your first day? Don’t let this become a regular thing, young man, every minute you miss contains absolutely crucial information.” She paused, adjusting her glasses, then an idea seemed to enter her mind. “Now then, since you decided to make such a grand entrance, could you tell me why Pokémon types are important in battle? I expect a great answer...” She tapped her pen on her desk, waiting for the new students response.

Hyun felt awful for the new student, she herself hated being put on the spot. She hoped his answer impressed Ms. Morrow enough. He seemed like a bright enough trainer, anyhow.

Mr. Machiavellian

Previously riskyie
Mr. Jackson nodded, jotting the information onto the board. “Yes, Oran Berries don’t heal a whole lot, but all health counts in a battle. Like Kathren told us, they work better with younger Pokemon who can’t be in a battle as long as a fully-evolved Pokémon,” He explained once again.

Catalina tapped her pen on her desk impatiently. Why did Mr. Jackson seriously need to explain all this when the majority of the people already know what Oran Berries do? ‘Hopefully next berry won’t be as recognizable as an Oran Berry. I kind of need a challenge,’ She thought.

Mr. Jackson took a glance at the clock, which read fifteen minutes of class time left. “Oran Berries were easy. For the rest of class, I will pair you up with somebody for a project. It’s quite fun. You choose a berry, you study about it and how it grows and such, and then you and your partner work together to try to grow the berry with a seed found directly from the wild,” He explained, sitting down in his chair.

"Huh. We choose a partner, study about a berry of our choice, and try to grow it. It seems like a fun project. I wonder who should be my partner." Eon looked back at the trainer with the Espeon. "Eon, are you worried about the trainer back there?" Eon nodded with concern. "Don't worry about it she'll figure out who she wants her partner to be. Or maybe she just wants to work on the project herself. Just give her some time." Eon turned back and looked very concerned.

Blue_Flash4

Previously Blue_Flash4 de Lafayette
Nick then thought for a minute and winged it by saying “Well, Pokémon types are important in a battle because if the opposing Pokémon is say a grass type and your’s is a fire type you have an advantage. Same goes with if you used a flying type move on a grass type.” He smirked for a millisecond and walked to his desk.

Ms. Morrow seemed satisfied with Nick’s answer.
“Correct. Type is, of course, very important to who is able to gain the upper hand in a battle. Which brings me to your first assignment, understanding Pokémon types and effectiveness. Tomorrow, we will meet on the outdoor battle courts for practice battles. Each of you will use one, and only one, of your own Pokémon. Prepare to be quizzed in their respective types attributes. Your assignment for tonight is to learn as much as you can about your chosen Pokémon’s type, and come to class ready to battle. Battle experience does not matter, this battle will be strictly educational. Finally, you can find a complete type effectiveness charts in this page of your textbook.” The woman paused to glance at the clock. There were only a few minutes of class left. Then, she barked out a rough, “Any questions?”

Hyun didn’t have any, she was more occupied with decided her battle partner for tomorrow. Aya, her Jangmo-o, she decided, could use some practice. Dragon types were fairly straightforward types to understand as well. Now, she just waited patiently for class to end.

Kathren sat at her desk, not even bothering to get up to find someone to work with. Everyone here had a battle with their Pokemon, something she finds revolting. How could anyone have their Pokemon battle anyone! Her Pokemon were her friends. She heard trainers say the same thing, but she felt her partnership came, not from one ordering the other about in a cockfight, but her treating her Pokemon with care.

RSTG123

Previously thunder gamer
Dylan had no problem only using 1 pokemon because, well... He only HAD one pokemon, that being riolu. Dylan looked around to find someone to battle. He decided to challenge the late kid, who was unfortunately put on the spot by the teacher. He walked up to the person he was about to challenge and started a conversation. "Hi, I'm Dylan. Do you wanna battle?" Dylan didn't care about type matchups, he just wanted to battle, and so did riolu. He would try to take notes of course, since he didn't want to fail the class

Mr. Machiavellian

Previously riskyie
“Though hold up. I will be choosing your partners,” Mr. Jackson held up his hands to his chest, about six inches away and his palms facing the class. “Let’s start.” He crossed his arms. “Declan and Amie, Sofia and Aria, Kody and Mason, and Kathren and Makura, and Catalina will have to work together,” Mr. Jackson assigned as the bell rang. “Good luck everyone!”

Catalina nodded, flipping her textbook closed and slipping her note in as a bookmark.

Kathren sat silently as a knot twisted in her stomach. She would be having two partners! She shook in terror as she placed one of her handmade bookmarks inside of her textbook. It was white with pink floral designs, light green leaves tucked underneath this lively pink flowers on the paper. She closed the book and placed it in her bag, turning away before anyone could catch her. Her Espeon glared at her but didn't stop her.

"Working with two should be fun." Makura placed his black and blue bookmark in his textbook. "I guess we should get our partners together right, Eon. Eon?" Eon jumped off of Makura's shoulder and walked up to Kathren's Espeon. "Oh boy, I guess he was so excited to meet one of his evolutions. Oh well." He walked over to Eon to make sure he wouldn't get hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.