• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon Academy

Justin's eyes stayed on Kabuto's trainer, Hanako. He wanted to go over to see if she was okay, but a handful of people had already done just that. Therefore, he didn't want to intrude.

The photographer looked down at his camera and scrolled through all the photos he took of the battle, even of when Xatu went crazy. Then, he looked up after hearing someone calling out on the draw being bogus. Justin looked around until he saw that it was from a boy with red hair, a black leather jacket, sunglasses, and a hat with a flame patch. Hearing the boy say that Yusuke should've been declared the winner, Justin suddenly decided to chime. "I don't think that's a call you could make," Justin said, looking at the boy, "If the referee declared it, and both trainers are fine with it, then it's a draw."

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Lewis turned towards the conflict, quickly putting his medical bag away. If nobody needed healing, he might as well try to prevent people from fighting like a flock of wild pidgey. He stepped further to the group, nodding to his Sylveon who ran to his side. Giving a somewhat nervous smile, he cleared his throat and let his ideals of a problem solver come forth. "What's going on, what's the issue? Lewis Fireheart, new arrival and technical expert, at your service. What's the issue? If it's the issue about that Pokemon fight, I didn't see much as I was focused on trying to protect my Faeling." His Sylveon gave out a cry as if to introduce herself as the one called Faeling. Lewis ruffled his coat, as if to give a visual indication he would continue. "However, I believe it to be a draw as well. Both pokemon seemed unable to battle as the dust clears. Even if the Xatu knocked out the fossil pokemon before it caused itself to faint, there was no clear victor. If we were following basic rules, it would be a draw. Not to mention people could have gotten hurt if the raging pokemon targeted anyone else. Wasn't this just a friendly battle, it shouldn't matter who wins, correct?" He smiled, coming to a conclusion even if he wasn't aware of what happened before the battle.

The red haired boy looked from Justin to Lewis before scoffing and shaking his head, a cocky grin on his face.
"Well, I guess the ref was wrong then, wasn't he? I mean, even the great Dean Chadburn has to make mistakes sometimes." The red haired boy said to Justin. He looked to Lewis and cocked his head.

"It looked pretty clear to me. And just because the Xatu fainted later means there was a tie? What, so if a Pokemon gets poisoned, and faints after it's won the battle, that means that the trainer tied instead of won?" The red haired boy challenged Lewis. He leaned back even further, putting his arms back behind his head as he watched the stage. "And don't even start with that 'it shouldn't matter who wins' stuff. Even in a battle like this, a winner is still a winner. That's important. Just because the winner doesn't get anything, doesn't mean we should stop caring if they won or lost."

The kid's grin grew as he adjusted his glasses.
"Man, if this class is filled with chumps like the two of you, it'll be easy pulling ahead." The teen said to Lewis and Justin.

The red haired teen's eyes widened beneath his sunglasses, and he looked to Lewis and Justin with surprise. He looked back to Shiori, staring at the girl for a few moments before throwing back his head and laughing merrily. He gestured to Dean, pushing up his sunglasses and adjusting his hat.
"Well whaddaya say, Teach? Robolady wants to throw down, and I can't say no. We got time for another battle?" The red haired teen called out to Dean.

Hanako glanced nervously up to Shiori.
"U-um, are you sure you really want to do this?" Hanako asked Shiori.

Dean looked to the redhead teen in surprise. Yusuke stared at him in anger. "In friendly matches, it never matters who wins," Yusuke said to the redhead teen, "Now how about you shut your redhead Fungoos ass and stay outta this?!" Dean looked at Yusuke, dumbfounded, but after a few seconds smiled. "Let's keep the redhead being bogus outta this," he said, looking to the crowd, "How about one more demonstration match... without the redhead who called out on the draw being bogus." Yusuke sighed, then looked to Hanako. "I kinda saw the draw coming from a mile away, to be honest," he remarked. Dean sighed.

Emma had been a little late since she had been investigating Team Noble, and had been writing her letters to her family. Her mom and dad had been wondering how she was doing, and hopefully not freezing. Wyndon was quite cold compared to the tropical island region of Hoenn. As such, she had been walking to see One of the Seven. From what she heard, it was Dean Chadburn. This was a surprise, as from what she heard, the Seven are those who beat the Champion and Elite Four with only two Pokémon. She remembered that her brother, Jason was of similar trainer experience. Several trainers decided to try and are prepared to throw hands, Emma knew she had to stop this, and fast.

"Haxorus, be ready." Emma responded, "I'm not sure what's going, but there is a Duel about this battle that I must have missed."

Her Dragon type from Galar had been on watch just in case of a fight breaking out. But the kid that fought and the Member of the Seven seemed to have it handled. She them kept her watch on various people in the crowd.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Of course, Lewis tried to keep his calm the moment he was challenged, but proved difficult with the level of disrespect he was shown. Taking out a cherish ball from inside his coat, he held it close to his heart. "I do not enjoy battling, however people like you need to be shown some manners! We have no room for people such as you, those who believe they are better than everyone with no real basis shall be shown how the world works. Lady, show him the manners befit of your name, they'll learn to change one way or another. Face the light of Razor Industries!" He shouted, his eyes almost glowing from behind his visor. It went completely transparent and he released the Gardevoir from her ball, who immediately gave a fierce cry. "You will learn some respect, even if the means aren't entirely on board. Sometimes, sacrifices must be made for progress." He continued. If this continued, he'd find himself potentially in a double battle. While he wasn't experienced witb battling, let alone a double battle, but he felt more than capable. If the red haired trainer refused to show respect, Lewis would give him a reason to show it. "Reshiram, bless my preformance with your golden truth."

The red haired teen frowned at Yusuke, standing up and leaning on the chair in front of him. He looked from Yusuke to Dean, but before he could say anything Lewis spoke up again. The red haired teen listened to Lewis' rant with a raised eyebrow. Razor Industries? Wasn't that like, a big tech company? He thought he remembered reading an article about how they were trying to compete with Macro Cosmos... Lewis sent out his Pokemon, a Gardevior, and some of the students around gasped and ooh'd in admiration. A Gardevior was a powerful and well known Pokemon.

Once again, the red haired teen threw back his head and laughed.
"Sorry Doc! Looks like you'll have to get in line. Robolady had first dibs, and of course I can't let what Yu-Gi-Oh said down there slide, so he'll be next. But don't worry, I ain't afraid to take on anyone! Except maybe like Leon or Dean or Raihan." The teen muttered the last part under his breath. He called back down to Dean on the stage. "Hey Teach! Is it normal for the staff here at the Academy to threaten the students?! I'm pretty sure Doc here just threatened to, like, sacrifice me or something and sent out his Pokemon."

The red haired teen plopped back down in his chair, leaning back. He grinned, looking from Lewis, to Shiori, to Yusuke, then to Dean. It was clear he was having fun riling everyone up.
"You sure you don't want me to battle, Teach? I mean, there's a lot of people here who have a bone to pick with me." The red haired teen said.

Meanwhile, on the stage Hanako looked to Yusuke curiously.
"Um... Excuse me..." Hanako said, approaching the other trainer. "I don't want to pry, but... are you a psychic?"

Last edited:
Yusuke frowned. Yu-Gi-Oh? Why'd the redhead call him Yu-Gi-Oh? This had to be a joke. Then the redhead asked Dean if it was normal for staff to threaten the students. Dean lowered his face into his palm. "What an idiot," he said under his breath. "He's not threatening you, dumbass!" Dean shouted at the redhead teen, "We've all had enough of your antics, so shut up!" Yusuke and Dean were both mad at the redhead teen. Then Hanako walked up to Yusuke, asking if he was a psychic. Then Dean walked up to Yusuke and Hanako, hiding his anger. "Not the time for talking," he said. Yusuke sighed. "I have something to say to that redhead since he's being a pain in the ass," he said. Dean nodded. "Okay," he said, "Just don't take it too far." Yusuke smiled. "Quick question," Yusuke said to the redhead teen. Then his smile turned to his rage face.

"Why the f*ck did you call me f*cking YU-GI-OH, you f*cking piece of f*cking sh*t?!?!?!" he shouted so loud that the entire academy heard it. Dean stared in shock. "We have kids here!" he said loudly, "You're lucky you had a reason to say it."

The red haired teen's eyes widened beneath his sunglasses, and he lowered them to take a better look at Yusuke. As the teen yelled at him, the red haired boy's shoulder slumped forward and he began to shake. Tears welled up in his eyes. For a moment, it looked like he was crying. But when one looked closer, it was clear he was just barely holding back a hysterical bout of laughter. He waved a hand to Yusuke, stifling chuckles as he tried to recover from Yusuke's yelling.

"Ah he he he... N-no, no, no. You're right." The red haired boy said to Yusuke, wiping away the tears of laughter out of his eyes. He slid his sunglasses back up. "You're right, I shouldn't have called you Yu-gi-oh."
The red haired teen paused, before a menacing grin spread across his face. He pointed to Yusuke.
"I should have called ya baby boy, 'cause you're throwing a freakin' tantrum! AHAHAHAHA!" Unable to contain his laughter any more, Jericho laughed so hard he doubled over and fell out of his chair.

Seeing the whole situation start to get out of control, Hanako looked from Yusuke to the red haired teen to Dean.
"P-please! Can't you get them to stop?" Hanako asked Dean, beginning to get nervous. Hanako had seen Yusuke's Pokemon rampage already, she didn't want to see Yusuke rampaging as well.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Lewis barely held himself back, were it not for his Gardevoir using telepathy to keep him calm, the trainer would have ordered his pokemon to attack the trainer directly. "You're lucky I follow the local laws, otherwise you'd learn why we respect eachother around here. I am not going to let up on this challenge, however. Arrogance is a sign of a infantile mind, and those with such disrespectful mindsets shall be educated. Were we not in a public facility, you'd be unconsious where you stand. However, I have no time for this. If we meet elsewhere outside of this building, you will be taught manners. For now, I must leave. My heart rate is too high and a heart attack in this academy is the last thing anyone would want."

He spoke, a bit of venom in his voice. Memories from long past surged to his mind despite his attempt to supress them and he started walking out of the battle room, quietly speaking to Lady. "I thought the years of disrespect and verbal abuse were over... I suppose even with Team Plasma gone, people still follow the same ideals they did... When will people learn a superiority complex won't get them anywhere?" He grumbled, heading towards an outdoor area to meditate. His Sylveon quickly returned to her ball leaving him with just the Gardevoir keeping him from doing something rash. "If only Evilane were here... Her presence alone would be enough to prevent any of this bullshit..."

The red haired teen wiped away his tears of laughter, climbing back up to his seat. His smiles faded into confusion as Shiori called up to him.
"Look down on people...? I'm in the stands, Robolady. I can't exactly look up and talk to ya." The red haired teen called back. He leaned back in the seat once again, and gestured to Dean. "Look, I'm all for battling you. But unless the Teach gives the go ahead, it's his class. He don't want me to battle, I ain't gonna go against it. So our throw down is gonna have to wait until after class. But don't worry! I'll bring some WD-40 for you-"

Jericho's taunting was cut off when Lewis began to speak up once again. The red haired teen's cocky and joking aura soured as the researcher insinuated that, had he not been at the school, either Lewis or his Pokemon would have attacked Jericho. Jericho shrunk back in his seat slightly, putting a hand to the inside of his jacket. He watched Lewis carefully as the researcher left the room. Despite the sunglasses making him a little more difficult to read, it as clear that Jericho was rattled by Lewis' threats. The teen cleared his throat nervously, trying to get back in the groove.
"Ehem. Um... S-so, yeah. Yeah. WD-40, and all that." Jericho said. "Yeah."

Jericho crossed his arms, sitting back in his seat. He checked back once again, making sure Lewis was gone, before reaching into his jacket and pulling out a Pokeball. With a flash of light, he activated the small machine. Standing before him, a familiar fiery rabbit Pokemon appeared. Jericho's Raboot, Rey, looked around the stands of the arena curiously. Many Pokemon and trainers, but no battling. She looked back to Jericho with slight confusion, but Jericho just picked up the Raboot and placed it in the seat next to him. Rey could clear see her trainer looking nervous, something she hadn't seen in a while. Jericho began to pet his Raboot, staying quiet now and occasionally looking back to the entrance of the arena.

Back on the stage, Hanako let out a small sigh of relief. She couldn't hear what that researcher guy had said to the red haired teen, but it was enough to calm him back down.
"Um... Can we go back to our seats now?" Hanako asked. "I need to make sure Kabo is okay. My Kabuto, I mean."

Yusuke smirked as Jericho said that he shouldn't have called him 'Yu-Gi-Oh'. Then his anger started swelling up again as Jericho started taunting him. As soon as he laughed, he calmed down, still slightly angry. Dean sighed. "Why is he like this?" he asked himself. Then Lewis spoke up. That calmed down Jericho, at least. As soon as Hanako asked if she and Yusuke could go back to their seats, Dean sighed. "The next demonstration match will begin shortly," he said, "And I'm the coach, not a teacher, by the way." Yusuke walked back to his seat, which was, fortunately for him, basically isolated from everyone else.

"If Jason were here, he'd probably intimidate them like a Gyarados." Emma responded, "Except Dean, he and Jason are on the same level."

Emma had Haxorus on hold just in case the fight breaks out off stage. The Axe Jaw Pokémon looked on at the group that seemed to be almost fighting. The two went back to their seats as Emma kept Haxorus on hold. As such, she watched the group, and waited for the next selection. There were many students around, preparing for possible selection.

------

A cloaked individual had been running through Wyndon, looking for the academy, hearing about various events like That Dean Chadburn had been sighted in the Academy and was apparently coaching.

"Dean's here?" The figure responded, "I'm honestly not that surprised that he's here, he's like myself, One of the Seven, we'd be probably a similar strength."

The figure moved through town, trying not to get noticed by anyone. As he continued through, he swung by The Pokémon Center, and checked his boxes.

"Lurantis, Empoleon, Scrafty and Gallade," The figure rattled off the species names, "Everyone's there, good."

The figure then shut off the connection to his Pokémon Box as he went back to searching for the academy. Maybe getting a above the ground point of view would help.

"Ptera, Show your potential!"

An Aerodactyl popped out of a Luxury Ball and started flying overhead.

"I need you to find a school, if you see it let me know."

The Aerodactyl gave a screech as he prepared for searching. As he went through the city, So did Ptera.

"An Aerodactyl?" Random people asked.

Hanako nodded to Dean.
"Thank you for the opportunity to battle, Mr. Chadburn." Hanako said. She then turned and walked back to the stands. Part of her wondered who she would see battle next. As she looked around the stands, she saw that Yusuke had decided to sit by himself. Was he still upset from that red haired teen? Hanako still wanted to know if he was psychic.

But before that, she had to see to Kabo. Hanako sent out her Kabuto, and he was still unconscious from the battle.
"Oh, Kabo..." Hanako said softly, stroking the Kabuto's shell. Luckily, she had just what the Pokemon needed. Reaching into her bag, Hanako pulled out a small box. A gift from her older siblings, medicine to help her Pokemon recover from battling. Hanako used a Revive on Kabo, and it's glowing red eyes flickered open. The Fossil Pokemon made a tired clicking noise, and Hanako petted the Pokemon once again.
"It's okay, Kabo. You did the best you could." Hanako said. The Fossil Pokemon clicked once again, and climbed up Hanako. It came to a rest on her head, sitting on it like a helmet and appearing to fall asleep.

Hanako stood up, putting away the box of medicine and brushing herself off. She looked over to Shiori.
"Are you okay? That guy really seemed to be getting under your skin." Hanako said to Shiori.

As Ptera continued through the sky, he made his way through town and at the school. He made an Immediate, very loud screech.

Emma looked up when she heard the screech. She recognized this Aerodactyl, particularly the fact that if used for search, it would produce a Loud Screech when the target was found.

"Ptera!?"

Emma was dumbfounded to be the least. Haxorus looked up and was quite shocked. Emma's other pokeballs opened to the shock of Ptera's appearance.

As for the figure moving through the city, he heard the screech, and followed where it came from. He ran through town, headed in the direction of Ptera.

Slowing down her breathing with deep breaths, Shiori looked at Hanako and answered. "Let's just say, he's lucky he didn't catch me on a bad day. Otherwise I'm alright, just have to oil my joints and tighten my bolts again." Taking a seat on the bleachers, Shiori removed her left glove and boot and was about to get to work before she looked at Hanako slightly embarrassed. "Weird request, but can you help me a little bit?"

Hanako looked back over to Shiori. It appeared the girl was starting to do some maintenance on her robotic limbs. Hanako sat down next to Shiori, placing her hands on her knees.
"I don't have much experience with machines, that was usually my sister's thing. But I'll try. What can I do?" Hanako asked. The sound of a Pokemon shrieking rang out in the distance, and Hanako perked up. She recognized that Pokemon's cry.
"That was an Aerodactyl!" Hanako said. She started to get up to investigate, then remembered that Shiori was right in front of her. "Oh! Right. I suppose that can wait."

Hanako patiently waited for Shiori to give her instructions.

~~~

Maribelle walked down the hall of the school, parasol in hand. Today had been an easy day so far with classes. Simply going over what was going to happen, and letting the students try out, practice, or just explore the school. Maribelle was taking a break from the Performing, and simply wandering about. The Academy, despite a few of the more... unusual and troubling students, appeared to be a very elegant place. Just as she had thought.

A shriek of a Pokemon rang out from the front of the Academy. Maribelle frowned, looking in the direction it had came from.
"Hmm..." Maribelle muttered to hersef. Well, it wasn't like she had much else to do. The elegant student began to walk towards where she had heard the shriek from.

"Well, first I'd appreciate it if you can support my limbs as I take them off. Starting with my arm." As Shiori informed Hanako, she rolled up her sleeve to reveal just how much of her arm was no longer flesh and bone. Reaching for the clamps holding it onto her, Shiori looked at Hanako. "Ready? Once it's off there's a collection of tools and lubricant in my bag. Each tool is labeled with the name of where it's used to make things easier."

Hanako nodded, taking Shiori's metal arm. She couldn't help but to wonder what had happened that had caused Shiori to lose an arm and a leg. But she held her tongue. It was likely a very traumatic story, and Hanako didn't want to pry. Perhaps a bit more innocuous question.
"How long have you had these prosthetics? They seem very advanced." Hanako said to Shiori.

(Feel free to auto Hanako doing whatever needs to be done to assist Shiori with performing maintenance)

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
As soon as the fossil pokemon screeched, it alerted Lewis who was attempting to meditate. However, despite his attempts to relax and clear his mind, bad memories and negative thoughts kept rising. He stood up and stepped away from the tree he was resting against, replacing his protective visor for one meant more for utility, the camera-like lenses attempting to focus on the source of the screech. While he never owned an aerodactyl, he was much aware of the distinctive cry due to his studies with Pokemon. While the male looked for the source, an old friend by the name of Asine came down on her own bird, a Staraptor with the name of ripper.

As the bird touched down, the graceful female quickly and elegantly hopped off, giving the bird a few loving pets before returning him to his ball. She watched the fossil pokemon overhead, quickly joined by Lewis. "Oh, Lewis, was it? I didn't know you attended this academy as well. Do you have any idea why such a rare pokemon such as this ancient reptile is here? Judging by it's aura, it's very likely owned by a trainer, however I do not feel the aura of such..." She spoke without looking at Lewis, about to get back on Ripper and search for the trainer who owned the aerodactyl. Surely someone who owned a powerful fossil pokemon was an experienced trainer. "It's nice to see you too, mein freund. I'm afraid I don't, I only recently arrived here. Unfortunately, my first hour was met with enough disrespect and uncouth behavior to bring me into a near rage, and I had to meditate. Arceus knows how badly that's been going." He sighed, continuing to scan the area. Naturally, Asine showed a level of concern towards her male counterpart. "Someone hurt you? They should thank the divine that Evilane isn't here... While I do not approve of her career, she has quite an intimidating aura to her. I suppose a former gym leader would have that kind of aura by their very nature."

The figure that had been running through Wyndon had redirected his path as he looked around.

"I made it, now to find Ptera," The figure responded, "Asimov, Show your potential!"

The Iron Leg Pokémon appeared in front of the figure, who turned to see its trainer.

"A Metagross?" A few random kids asked.

"Let's find Ptera." The figure told his Pokémon.

The Steel and Psychic type took to the air as its trainer looked on the ground. He then made his way more discreetly, trying not to get noticed by students. He then got a signal from Asimov. Looking up, he found both his Pokémon on Hand, one pointing at the other. He then followed Asimov to where an assembly was, where Ptera was screeching over the area.

"Return for now, Ptera, Asimov." The figure told his Pokémon.

He watched as things were wrapping up for now. His cloak would certainly stand out in the crowd, but he looked on, wondering what happened next.

Emma had seen Ptera being returned, and realized that meant someone in particular was here.

"Jason."

After the heated confrontation caused by the red haired teen named Jericho, Justin noticed the battle class getting underway and decided to take his leave. He was still baffled by the behavior that the red haired teen displayed, and it was quite a surprise that things didn't escalate any further than it did. Nonetheless, that Jericho proved that he'll be quite the troublesome student to deal with.

As Justin walked around the campus with his camera in hand, he heard a loud screech and looked up to see an Aerodactyl fly by. "What the!? An Aerodactyl!?" He exclaimed and proceeded to follow where it was headed. Along the way, he came across the elegant girl with the parasol he met before, Maribelle. "Oh, uh...hello," the photographer said, a bit surprised to run into her.

Upon hearing a voice call out to her, Maribelle paused and looked back. She rested her parasol on her shoulder, watching as Justin approached. This was the photographer from earlier, the one Edward had been speaking to. He had mentioned something, something about the photographer being known in Kalos. He was an older student... perhaps it would be a good idea to know a good photographer. Someone to take pictures and record the wonderful Contests her Pokemon competed in.

Maribelle gave Justin a slight curtsy.
"Salutations once again." Maribelle said to Justin. She looked up to the photographer, giving him a small smile. "Did you hear that strange Pokemon's cry just now, or did your Pokemon run off again?"

Justin was caught a bit off guard by Maribelle's form of speaking as it reminded of someone he knew who talked similarly. He soon shook of the thought and smiled back. "Well, thankfully, it's not the latter this time," he said, "I did hear it, and I assume you heard it too? I think it may have been an Aerodactyl."

Justin then realized he never introduced himself to her. "Oh, sorry. Guess I should properly introduce myself. I'm Justin. And your name was...?"

Maribelle watched Justin closely. He seemed to hesitate a moment before introducing himself. Maribelle gave Justin another small courtesy.
"Maribelle Von Valinor." Maribelle said, keeping her parasol on her shoulder.
"I did hear it. Although, I am unfamiliar with what Pokemon could make a cry like that. You said it may have been an Aerodactyl?" Maribelle paused, thinking on the subject and trying to recall anything she could about the Pokemon. But she shook her head. "I'm afraid I haven't heard of a Pokemon like that. Well, regardless of whether it is an Aerodactyl or something else, I would still be interested in seeing it. Would you like to accompany me?"

"I'd say about half a year now. This is my third set since six years ago. Now hold on to that and I'll pry off the plating." Pulling out a flathead screwdriver, Shiori removed the armor plating while Hanako kept a firm grip. Once the inner workings were revealed, Shiori brought out an alan wrench and a can of silicone lubricant. After tightening a few bolts and screws, she quickly sprayed a little bit of the lubricant into the axles and pistons within the joints before reattaching the armor shell.
"Alright, back on you go." Having Hanako hold the arm on the stump that was left of her old one, Shiori clamped it securely back in place. "Thanks for the help, I can take care of my leg by myself now that I have both hands again."

'Wow. Quite the unique name,' he thought to himself. Justin nodded after Maribelle introduced herself and asked him to accompany her to see the Aerodactyl. "Sure, I'd be happy to!" He said, "Shall we? After you."

The photographer would walk once Maribelle would begin to walk. He couldn't help but think back to the familiarity she's striking him. "Say, I know this is gonna sound strange, but you kinda remind me of a friend I once traveled with," he said adjusting his glasses a bit, "She was a bit on the refined side like you are."

Hanako gave Shiori a pleasant smile. But since six years ago... That was a long time to have prosthetics.
"I'm happy to help." Hanako said. Now to see if she could find that Aerodactyl. Or at least, that's what Hanako wanted to do. But taking the time to help Shiori, Hanako was reminded that she was still in class right now. It probably wouldn't be looked well upon if she just ran out, even if she really wanted to see the Aerodactyl.

Hanako frowned, looking over in the direction of Yusuke sitting on his own.
"Shiori..." Hanako said. "Have you ever met a psychic before?"

~~~

Maribelle began to walk in the direction she had heard the Pokemon cry from. So this photographer had done a bit of travelling with someone of Maribelle's own ilk? A Kalosian variant of a noblewoman perhaps. Maribelle couldn't help but to be a little curious, and not to mention it was polite to continue the flow of the conversation.
"Oh? And who was this?" Maribelle asked Justin.

Justin walked alongside the elegant Maribelle as they talked and made their way towards the cry's location. "Her name was Victoria Melis," the photographer revealed, "She's the daughter of probably the richest family in Kalos. I traveled with her, along with another friend of mine, throughout the Kalos region. She was sophisticated, as you would expect, but she was also a battle loving trainer, which was a surprise to me. I watched her obtain eight gym badges and compete in the Kalos League. We had our ups and downs, but she was fun to travel with. Everyday felt exciting, no matter how bad things got. She's amazing." As he talked about his past traveling companion with fondness, Justin looked down, and a bit of a blush grew on his face.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Naturally, Asine and her less experienced counterpart continued to investigate the Aerodactyl sighting. Lewis seemed to have captured a short video with his strange visor and taking it off as to seem less strange, he and Asine started walking towards it. As they walked, eventually they'd come across quite the peculiar duo, a woman with a similar level of class and nobility to Asine and a photographer. Lewis made a mental note that they both seemed to be from Kalos, at least based on their style. Not to mention he was aware photography was more popular in Kalos than it was home in Unova. With the psychic staying behind him due to trust issues, Lewis slowly joined the two, smiling.

"Are you also looking for that Aerodactyl that was heard in the area? It's a rather rare pokemon, and we believe a trainer who owns such a creature must be an interesting person! O-oh, right, pardon my rudeness. You can call me Lewis Fireheart, and I'm a former Razor Laboratories technician. I was accepted and this is my first day being here. My companion is Asine, and we've known eachother for years." He seemed to be quite friendly and his amber coloured eyes almost glowed from behind his glasses. Asine, once determining the aura the two gave off was enough for preliminary trust, she stood next to Lewis, bowing in greeting.

"It's my pleasure to meet you. I've worked here for a few years as a student assistant, using my expertise in Pokemon and my unique abilities as a psychic to assist students with whatever issues they may face. I can only hope you know who I am, though with how many people are in this academy, I would understand if you do not." Asine introduced herself and gave a slight smile, letting out an Espeon with a rather fancy collar. The Eeveelution gave a happy cry and tried to bow the best it could as well, which was seeming hard for a quadruped.

Hanako nodded.
"Well, kind of. It just reminded me. Back in Kanto, there was a big city that had a Psychic Gym there. The trainers that worked there, they all had supernatural powers. A lot of them seemed to have psychic abilities, and others could talk to spirits. And the Gym Leader there, Sabrina, is also a really powerful psychic. Just the way Mr. Dean called Yusuke a psychic type trainer, it made me wonder if Yususke was a psychic as well." Hanako said. She smiled sheepishly. "Although, I guess it is a little silly to guess that everyone who likes psychic Pokemon is a psychic. I mean, I like water Pokemon and I'm not a mermaid or a fisher or a swimmer."

~~~~

Maribelle listened to Justin as they walked. Victoria Melis, of the Kalos region. It was clear that Justin held this Melis in great esteem.
"Hmm... It sounds as though you two are close. I would very much like to meet her, is she going to this Academy?" Maribelle asked Justin. But before she could get a response, they were approached by another pair of people. The first was a man, appearing to be in his older teens or younger twenties. He had slightly tanned skin, and slicked back short brown hair. He was also wearing glasses. The second person was a woman that appeared to be in her younger twenties. She was dressed far more unusual, wearing a kimono, and hung back as the man introduced himself.

Lewis Fireheart of Razor Laboratories and Asine. Maribelle smiled when Asine sent out her Espeon, which gave a small bow. Maribelle returned a small curtsey to the Espeon, before turning her attention back to Lewis and Asine.
"Salutations. I am Maribelle Von Valinor. And this is Justin. I'm afraid I do not know you Ms. Asine, as today is my first day as well." Maribelle said. She nodded to Lewis and Asine. "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintances. Yes, we have been trying to find the location of that Pokemon. Although, it seems I am the only one unfamliar with such a Pokemon. An... Aerodactyl, you called it?"

"Ptera, be ready."

The figure had opened his Aerodactyl's Pokeball as he looked around. He was quite surprised to see from a distance, at least four people looking for Ptera. The Aerodactyl waited for a next command. The Rock and Flying type flew into the Sky and screeched again.

"Ptera, I know you're itching to battle, but you would utterly destroy anyone here, even some of the Teachers, except maybe Dean Chadburn." The figure responded, "I heard my sister, Emma say something about you, but now is not the time to attempt to challenge anyone."

The figure waited.

The photographer's blush grew a bit more when Maribelle made her remark about him and Victoria being close before then hearing her ask if she was attending. "Well, u-uh..." Justin began before being cut off at the arrival of two new students, causing the blush to disappear. One of them being that Lewis guy that butted heads with Jericho. The other was a young woman he didn't recognize.

"Nice to meet you. And today is my first day as well, so I'm not familiar with all the students either," he said after introductions were made, "I'm sure it can't be too far off. It looked like it was headed towards some part of the school."

The screech was then heard again.

The photographer looked around and had the idea of using his camera to help him look at distances better. Pulling up his camera, he zoomed it in and looked before spotting the Aerodactyl, with a figure keeping it company. "There! I see it! And someone's with it," he said as he pointed in the direction, before slipping his camera's lanyard off and handing the device to Maribelle to let her look.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Both trainers seemed to be rather polight, having quite a maturity to them as they gave a high level of respect. Lewis, while his female counterpart decided to speak, reached into his bag and set up the rest of his pokeballs for easy access in his jacket. "Ahh, both newcomers? That is fine, it's nice to meet someone in their first year. I've been gone for a while to meditate and focus my inner abilities, so it'll be nice learning what things are like this year." She smiled, covering her mouth as she chuckled into it. "Oh, I bet you are wondering what my deal is, aren't you? That's fine, I understand I'm not like anyone else. I can explain later, if you'd like, but I'm part of a group of psychics when I'm not here, I study with them. But that's enough about me, what are you two planning on? I know Lewis here has plans on being more in tune with the interaction of people and pokemon, and how we can apply it to technology." She smiled, seemingly unphased at the aerodactyl. She wanted to continue a conversation as they continued towards them. Lewis then joined their side once his pokemon were at easy access, wanting to eventually introduce his team to the others. He didn't seem to speak much but took in the atmosphere, never having dealt with this kind of school. In the past, he was more used to private schools with smaller student numbers, so something so larger was quite a change for him.

When Justin offered for Maribelle to look through his camera, the high class girl frowned and gently pushed away Justin's camera with the tip of her parasol. The woman named Asine spoke up once again, expanding a bit on her own introduction. Most intriguing, a faculty member that had psionic capabilities. Maribelle had thought those who claimed such things were no more than charlatans and scammers, but as she had learned more it was aparent that there were indeed people out there who were what they claimed. Hopefully, the fact that this woman was a member of the faculty at the esteemed Pokemon Academy meant she really was what she said she was.

As the group continued in the direction Justin had spotted the Aerodactyl and its trainer, Maribelle answered Asine's question.
"Ah, yes. I have elected to attend this Academy to pursue their courses on the Pokemon Contests. It is my hope that with the skills I obtain here, I may go on to show everyone exactly how elegant and pristine my own Pokemon are!" Maribelle exclaimed proudly. It was about then that Maribelle was able to see the Aerodactyl. She stopped, staring up at the fossil Pokemon. It was unlike any Pokemon Maribelle had seen before. It's skin was purple, like that of a Noivern, but it's visage was much more draconic in nature. It was a large and terrifying beast, reminding Maribelle of tales of old on knights in shining armor fighting dragons that roamed the countryside.

From here, Maribelle couldn't quite make out the trainer. They were wearing a cloak that obfuscated their appearance.
"Hm... They appear rather... unsavory, don't they?" Maribelle said.