• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon Discussion Thread

That's just the nature of an RP though. Some moves become depreciated while others are buffed since they don't run on strict game logic anymore.

I'd point out that low accuracy moves would still be 'low accuracy' to some extent. There's a difference between accuracy and evasion after all. I'd say low accuracy moves are harder to control and harder to aim, so you probably aren't nailing a small target with a low accuracy move.

That's pretty vague and difficult to enforce though so I'd favor 101% accuracy moves simply having a homing effect of some kind. Conversely, we could apply some degree of move fatigue. So a Pokemon couldn't launch several fire blasts back to back since it would be too draining.

Overall it's an issue of people not easily dodging moves that are supposed to be difficult to evade. Everything within reason, after all.

I don't have too much to weight in here but I wanted to ask if we ever saw a Sure Hit move miss in one of the expanded contents of the games like the Anime and Mangas
Well, I've looked through most of the uses of shockwave on bulbapedia and haven't seen any misses; I'll check aerial ace next but this is something I found. At the peak of Ash's career as a professional hacker, here we have his Corphish just running through shockwave — Advanced Battle 35 - From Brags to Riches
1654545130164.png

and it's also been bounced off Oshawott's shell — Black & White 28 - Oshawott's Lost Scalchop!

1654546617620.png

Shellow can canonically do this, wild!
1654545733527.png

Moves like flamethrower are easier to control and that's why they have a high accuracy. If you use flamethrower, you can move the user's body, head or wherever it's shooting it from to try and catch a moving target, while Fire Blast, it can only go one way after it's been shot. Shock wave, like I just used it, it's a wave of electricity that guarantee's a hit on a target in a closed battle arena but in an open field you can just fly away or go underground to avoid it. Aerial ace is like a homing missile, it locks on to the target and basically guarantees the hit, no matter where they dodge to, the user has the ability to follow and nail the hit. While Wing Attack, is like a swoop from the attacker or swing with the wing, so it is possible to dodge it, but dodging a face to face combat hit isn't as easy as dodging an air cutter coming from a far away distances.

Moves are also showed to behave differently depending on the user, like Water Pulse in the anime has been used as a big bullet like projectile while also a water sphere that let's out a big wave of water. At the same time, it could be an actual pulse of water rings like bug buzz or supersonic. Dig has also been a move to just make a big hole to hide in while it mostly is used to make an underground tunnel and emerge underneath your opponent.

Accuracy is a game mechanic we probably shouldn't take too seriously, instead, just make sure people aren't abusing dodge, like Ron is about to in my next post. End of communication.

btw I will be in the bug catching contest.

In the midst of me trying to think up Contest combinations for Colored, figured I would share some thoughts with you guys. At school ATM so this isn't on Discord.

[PRETZEL & DRIP = SPARK + BLIZZARD (TM)] We have Kyurem at home. Electrified ice sounds pretty showy.
[DAWN = LEAF BLADE + LEAF TORNADO] Whip up some leaves and then slice them up to join the tornado! Skill around 89 rather than 100.
[NINO = FOCUS BLAST (TR) + DRAGON TAIL] Because Kommo-o ain't the only 'mon who can rock Dragon and Fighting.

The only thing I'd be needing is some hecking cash for Colored to make these work. Or just levels in Dawn's case. What's the closest thing we got to a Move Reminder?

Last edited:
Mhm, very neat, though I have an idea as well in the form of a potential TM / TR online market.

If we look at it realistically, they're just discs that carry the data of a move in them. So why not set up a booth with blank or used TM / TR discs and then have Trainers pay the same amount of money it would take to buy said TM in physical form to have that move's data downloaded onto the disc for usage? Mostly because of the tiny setback we call... Hex's TM can only technically be found in Galar.

EDIT: I'm also trying to get a Mega approved for Colored's endeavours. Hey, who doesn't wanna brighten up the Contest stage with a Mega? Would say Showcase as well, but... eh. May or may not be legal.

Last edited:
Mhm, very neat, though I have an idea as well in the form of a potential TM / TR online market.

If we look at it realistically, they're just discs that carry the data of a move in them. So why not set up a booth with blank or used TM / TR discs and then have Trainers pay the same amount of money it would take to buy said TM in physical form to have that move's data downloaded onto the disc for usage? Mostly because of the tiny setback we call... Hex's TM can only technically be found in Galar.

EDIT: I'm also trying to get a Mega approved for Colored's endeavours. Hey, who doesn't wanna brighten up the Contest stage with a Mega? Would say Showcase as well, but... eh. May or may not be legal.
I made sure that every move that has been a TM or TR in the last 8 generations is available, all 272 of them, it was very miserable thank you. Nonetheless, I do really like the idea and would allow people to do move tutor-like interactions between trainers, so I'll go ahead and add it.

Hex is TM #106.

For reference to what I think is a good reason, my OC will be acquiring a Hisuian Goodra, though her Goomy will be from in Kalos. She'll have it evolve into its Hisuian form by giving it a very specific diet and letting it wander about in places rich with iron; I went with this because the pokedex entry says that Hisuian Sliggoo resulted from Goomy's slime reacting with the high iron content in Hisui: therefore, the idea is to mimic the high iron content that led to Hisuiuan Sliggoo.

Name: Alexander Wolfe
Trainer Class: Battler
Physical Appearance: Alex has black hair and emerald green eyes, his skin is pale even though he spends most of his time outside.
Clothing:
1655771206846.png
Backstory: Not much is known about Wolfe's past, he just appeared 16 years ago in a noble's backyard, and since he wasn't in the records, the noble raised him as a freedom fighter, prowling Westono and hitting supply chains, generally being a nuissance th the corrupt upper class. 4 months ago, a traitor to the cause killed Alexander's adopted father and made the rest of the group go into hiding, Wolfe going to Sinnoh. The only thing Alex remembers other than his name is him playing in a temple on the mountain and a rift opening underneath it.
Pokemon:
1. Noivern
Noivern is mostly used as transport flying from one target to another
2. Dusk Lycanroc
A gift to Alex from his father for his birthday, Rockruff evolved to save Alexander during a raid.
3. Luxray
The first pokemon Alex caught in the wild
4. Hisuian Arcanine
one of the three eggs Wolfe had on him when he was found
5. Sneasler
6. Hisuian Zoroark (shiny)
Alex's ace and his best friend, the first of the eggs to hatch

Note: I can come up with a better reason, but basically, Alex is a faller.

Name: Alexander Wolfe
Trainer Class: Battler
Physical Appearance: Alex has black hair and emerald green eyes, his skin is pale even though he spends most of his time outside.
Clothing:
Backstory: Not much is known about Wolfe's past, he just appeared 16 years ago in a noble's backyard, and since he wasn't in the records, the noble raised him as a freedom fighter, prowling Westono and hitting supply chains, generally being a nuissance th the corrupt upper class. 4 months ago, a traitor to the cause killed Alexander's adopted father and made the rest of the group go into hiding, Wolfe going to Sinnoh. The only thing Alex remembers other than his name is him playing in a temple on the mountain and a rift opening underneath it.
Pokemon:
1. Noivern
Noivern is mostly used as transport flying from one target to another
2. Dusk Lycanroc
A gift to Alex from his father for his birthday, Rockruff evolved to save Alexander during a raid.
3. Luxray
The first pokemon Alex caught in the wild
4. Hisuian Arcanine
5. Sneasler
6. Hisuian Zoroark (shiny)
Alex's ace and his best friend, the first of the eggs to hatch

Note: I can come up with a better reason, but basically, Alex is a faller.
Accepted o7

Explanation for Basculegion: Basculin has to swim upstream with the help of the souls that failed to do so before, from its school. So when Emma finds her Basculin, she has to find out where her school was from and go there, allowing the Basculin to swim upstream, and when the Basculin swims upstream, she swims, as the souls of her deceased school start jumping in to help, and when the Basculin gets to a certain point, she will evolve.

@kyuukestu here is my explanation, let me know if edits need made. The Dex entry was my inspiration for the explanation.

Event Planning :01

I've decided that the time has come to set dates for two (and possibly more) major events; the Wallace Cup & the Pokemon World Tournament Junior Cup! The World Tournament Junior Cup will be held in Unova but the Wallace Cup can be held in any region, and I'll decide based on the input of those interested in the Wallace Cup; both tournaments will feature lucrative prizes for the top seeds, though I haven't decided where the rewards will end.

I'll be filling in a number of events pulled from the anime, games, fan games, and otherwise; I'll also be taking suggestions for events and rewards for those events.

The Bug Catching Contest has begun! Here are the proposed rules:

- The Contest will be performed in a Safari-like format, you’ll have a limited number of Pokeballs (10) to attempt to capture any Pokemon on the HGSS habitat list:
Scyther
Pinsir
Wurmple
Silcoon
Cascoon
Dustox
Nincada
Volbeat
Illumise
Kricketot
Kricketune
Combee
Paras
Venonat
Weedle
Kakuna
Beedrill
Caterpie
Metapod
Butterfree

- These Pokemon will have their catch rates applied through the following formula:
Find the Pokemon's regular catch rate & half it (round up).
Then use the dice roll bot on Discord to roll out of 255.
If the number you roll is beneath the catch rate you've caught the pokemon, otherwise better luck next time!

Here's an example:

Pinsir has a catch rate of 45. After halving, it becomes 23 (22.5 rounded up).

Then I go to discord and try to roll something below 23, if succeed, then the capture is successful; otherwise I'll have to try again.

It pays to be daring, but you only have 10 pokeballs, so be careful not to blow them them on a difficult capture! Good Luck and have fun~

@Cmeriwether @Godjacob @Hecotoro @ThAtGuY101 @Alternate_Mystery

P.S. Because this is Safari style you aren't allowed to use your pokemon to make the captures easier.