• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon Discussion Thread

"Your father I am sure is the type prepared for this. Have to believe he'll be okay." Desmond said as he attempted to encourage Emma.
1653439051593.png

Feel free to make guesses as to the nature of J's Salamence. Your hint is Yung.

Put your guesses under spoilers in case someone doesn't want to get spoiled before it s revealed in RP. Have fun~

For the curious.

This information will be revealed shortly after this battle, but if you can't wait and really want answers then here ya go.
This is under spoiler for a reason, if you want to wait for the reveal in-RP then this is your chance to turn back
The Salamence J is currently using is a Mirage Salamence, and it would be very accurate to say you're currently facing Mirage Hunter J.

Mirage Pokemon are a unique type of Pokemon created entirely through computerized data by Dr. Yung, the Doctor is the one who hired J to bring Pokemon to him for reasons that will be explained later. He's in Motostoke trying to get some data on Battle Bond Arcanine to perform some upgrades to his Mirage system.

Because Mirage Pokemon are formed of Computerized data, they're able to use any move recorded in their system. In addition, in this RP, they will also be typeless meaning they can't gain STAB bonus but also don't take super-effective damage. They are quite possibly one of the most dangerous things anyone will encounter in this RP wait till I get Mirage Mewtwo approved.

I should also note that due to their computerized nature, Mirage Pokemon will not be limited to 8 moves.

Last edited:

Feel free to make guesses as to the nature of J's Salamence. Your hint is Yung.

Put your guesses under spoilers in case someone doesn't want to get spoiled before it s revealed in RP. Have fun~
You better give me a prize for this or something.

Hunter J is using Dr. Yung’s Mirage system which can use allow the Pokémon to use any attack.

Edit: Bruh my page didn’t refresh so I didn’t see there were more posts…

During the break period between his Sinnoh and Alola adventures, Ken returned to Hoenn and began working under his old master Steven Stone. His tasks were nothing special, most of it consisted of reorganizing documents and double checking their contents. However, many of said documents were research pieces on the topic of Mega Evolution. This caught the veteran trainer's interest, especially when he found out that his main partner, Bass, had the potential to mega evolve. With this info in mind, the young man sought out his master, inquiring him about the possibility of finding the necessary stones so he can achieve Mega Evolution with his partner Blastoise.

Steven was reluctant at first, Mega Evolution is a wonderous phenomena, but such power came great risks. However, Ken was adamant. He assured his master that his bond with his Pokemon is strong enough to overcome this hurdle. Bass had been with Ken since the start, being his first Pokemon and Ace of his team. They have already entered 4 different leagues and made it far in all of them. After some more convincing, Steven finally agreed to indulge his pupil.

A week later, Ken arrived at the Whirl Islands in Johto. Apparently, traces of energy similar to those radiated by a Mega Stone has been detected in the depth of these caverns. Legends has it that the legendary Pokemon Lugia also dwelled withing these watery caves, but that wasn't of any importance to Ken at the moment. Traversing the famed sea of whirlpools were no easy feat, one wrong move and it could spell the end of his life. Because of this, Ken placed his full trust in his Blastoise, believing his partner will be able to take them through this obstacle. With his trainer on his back, Bass dove in headfirst into the raging currents. His battle against the flowing waves were long and arduous, but as to not betray his trainer's trust, the Blastoise powered through, allowing the pair to eventually get pass the whirlpools and arrive at the entrance of the Whirl Islands cavern.

The decent down the cave was a much simpler trek compared to their swim against the whirlpools, the wild Pokemons in the area were of no real threat to the pair. With that in mind, it still wouldn't be an easy task to find what they were looking for as they didn't have a precise location of where their target is located. Ken and Bass along with the rest of Ken's team spent the next few hours searching everywhere inside the caverns in hopes of finding the mega stone. Unfortunately, their search turned up fruitless. The exhaustion and frustration was beginning to show on everyone, the thoughts of simply calling it quits and leaving this place definitely crossed the exploration party's minds. In spite of this, Ken remained determined and kept the search going.

On the deepest level of the cavern, a massive waterfall wall blocked the trainer's path further. It seemed like their path ended there with no more ways forward, however it didn't appear they actually needed to delve any deeper. Catching a glimmer with the corner of his eye, Ken quickly ran over to the right end of the waterfall. There he found it, a shining prism with a blue and brown swirling pattern in the center of it. Ken was ecstatic, all the effort they put in to explore this cavern finally bore fruit, this trip turned out to be worth the effort with the discovery of the Blastoisinite. Following this discovery, Ken carefully carved the stone out of the wall behind the waterfall before placing it in his back for safe keeping.

Choosing to save the celebrations for later, Ken and his team quickly climbed out of the caverns. The way back required them to traverse the sea of whirlpools again, but Ken wasn't worried. They've already done it once, it can only get easier from there. Surely enough, the swim off the Whirl Islands went by without any major problems, allowing the trainer and his Pokemon to leave the isles behind them.

Ken flew back to Devon Corp. headquarters right away, eager to show his teacher his success. Once inside, Ken found Steven waiting for him in his office, a small box placed on his desk. It appeared Steven never doubted Ken's success. After congratulations were given, Steven offered Ken to open the small box on his desk. What the veteran trainer found inside was a newly polished Keystone, the second stone he needed to achieve Mega Evolution. Steven considered it a gift for all the hard work he's been doing.

Unable to contain his excitement any longer, Ken thanked his master profusely before turning to Bass and grab the large water turtle into a hug. His goal had finally been achieved after all the work he's put in. With the two stones in hand, Ken and Bass began their Mega Evolution training right away, deepening the bond between trainer and Pokemon even further.

I will be doing a quick rain check of which characters have Mega Evolutions, Battle Bond, Approved Legendary encounters, etc.

I know there's at least one of each in the RP and for the sake of everyone else knowing who's who (and having a nice neat trail I can refer to if the mods ever come looking) I'd like everyone who has a Mega, battle bond, or legend to respond to this post with the pokemon in question as well as the character they got it approved for.

Even if I already know what Pokemon you have, I'd still like you to respond to this message. Please & Thanks!

I'll start us off with my own character.

Esther owns/will own Mega Houndoom.

I will be doing a quick rain check of which characters have Mega Evolutions, Battle Bond, Approved Legendary encounters, etc.

I know there's at least one of each in the RP and for the sake of everyone else knowing who's who (and having a nice neat trail I can refer to if the mods ever come looking) I'd like everyone who has a Mega, battle bond, or legend to respond to this post with the pokemon in question as well as the character they got it approved for.

Even if I already know what Pokemon you have, I'd still like you to respond to this message. Please & Thanks!

I was approved for Mega Aerodactyl with Ezio Farello

Perfected battle bond for Arcanine with Acacia

Haven't submitted an application yet, but I have a Mega Absol planned for Monty.

Early Days

When Billy was Seven years old, he met Kusunoki as a little Aron, and was given the young Pokémon as a Lesson in responsibility. As such Billy would feed the Rock and Steel type, pet it, play with the Pokémon, and even do some light training with his father, Elliot's help. As such, the two became nearly inseparable by the time Billy was Ten. On his tenth birthday, Kusunoki was officially handed over to Billy and he went to see professor Birch to pick up a starter, he had Kusunoki help the decision making of selecting the Starter by interacting with the Starter Pokémon. Torchic tried to scratch Kusunoki, whereas Treecko attacked immediately, but Mudkip was friendly compared to the other two, Which told Billy that Mudkip would be best for his Starter. He was given a pokedex, Mudkip's pokeball and a idea to face Roxanne in Rustboro City.

Keystone Acquisition, The Underground Ruins Exploration.

When he was Fifteen, he had heard of Geosenge town, going there after a harrowing ordeal of a battle versus his Cousin's traveling Companion Maximus. He was looking for some way to bring his bond with Kusunoki into play, and had stumbled onto Mega Evolution as a possible way to use the bond he forged with his Aggron. He had heard about a set of Ruins that may have had a Keystone. As he went through the region, he had discovered the set of Ruins, and upon Entering the ruins, Kusunoki popped out of the Pokéball, immediately looking around when a stray Flash Cannon went past a pillar and towards Billy, Kusunoki acted to defend his trainer with his life if the Pokémon deemed necessary. A Lucario walked out and gave Kusunoki an issue of challenge. Kusunoki went blow for blow for a while as Billy gave the commands. Billy was on the verge of tears and placed himself in between Kusunoki and the Lucario as the Lucario went to end Kusunoki when something strange happened, he bursted pieces of metal at the Lucario, sending it flying Away from Billy. Billy looked to see the Lucario in the wall, and Kusunoki looking at the Lucario with an unhappy glare, as if Lucario tried to attack someone precious to him. Billy had realized that their bond gave the moment of need which had triggered mastery of Metal Burst. Billy and Kusunoki went further into the Ruins, as Lucario guided them to the final chamber, where the Keystone was held. It was up to them, and their bond to find the Keystone in that chamber, they trusted each other as they separated to try and cover more ground, but it had proven fruitless. The two met back at the middle, and worked a different strategy, sweeping the place together, but Kusunoki taking high and Billy taking low. As the two searched the chamber, the chamber had something else living in it, an Alolan Golem. Billy had figured someone released it, or left it to guard the Keystone's location. The two, were ready for anything. The Golem immediately earthquaked, which activated Aggron's sturdy. Kusunoki had a part of an idea that Billy finished. Billy had Kusunoki go and Metal Burst the Golem. The Golem was not amused as it Went for a Thunder Punch. Kusunoki had a similar instinctual plan to what Billy was actually planning to do, and naturally Dragon Rushed past it. Billy knew he needed to trust what Kusunoki was doing, as the same applied in vice versa. It was when Billy was nearly caught up in a Thunderbolt from Alolan Golem that Kusunoki managed the KO, his trainer was a bit Paralyzed but he knew that his trainer would make it. In account for his Trainer's paralysis, they slowed down a but as the two worked together in Reverse of the second search, as Billy rode on Kusunoki's back. Billy and Kusunoki eventually found the Keystone above where they fought Alolan Golem. Billy was sitting on Kusunoki's head, as Kusunoki somehow knew where to place Billy as to not hurt him. When Billy grabbed the Keystone, Kusunoki had Let Billy down and the two walked back the way they came through the final chamber, Billy leaning into his Pokémon. The two got through the chambers of this underground Ruins, and sat down when they got to the Pokémon Center. Billy looked at the Keystone. He looked at Kusunoki and they both knew they had something else to work on.

Mega Stone Acquisition- Trial Of Metal and Mental.

It was Shortly after his Sixteenth birthday when he was back home again in Hoenn when he got a letter about Mega Stones discovered in Meteor Falls. He immediately got Kusunoki and his team to trek into Meteor Falls. He was able to get into the falls and start his search. Kusunoki had to trust Billy in some parts as they were too small for an Aggron. As Billy looked around, he wasn't finding much. At first he found a wrong Stone, but it wouldn't work. He kept the false Stone in case he needed it to do something. They searched cave after cave. It was after getting into some of the deeper sections he noticed a door, and being the person he is, Opened it with Kusunoki. The two walked into the room and immediately prepared for Battle. A Mawile had stood in their way and challenged them. Billy and Kusunoki won that one rather quickly, thanks to their trust in each other. They beat three other Pokémon, each more difficult than the last, until the fifth and final Pokémon, a Metagross. Kusunoki prepared as well as Billy, and the two fought what could have been the final battle of their lives. The Metagross had been playing mind games with the two, trying to turn the two against them, but every time, they were able to reiterate themselves to trust what the other was thinking. Kusunoki looked at Billy as Metagross went to Hammer Arm the trainer. Billy knew this was probably his end but Kusunoki had taken the attack meant for his trainer, the Aggron had three Metal spikes stuck in its left leg as he knew he had to finish this, and with Billy's help. At that point, the Mega Stone, Aggronite, had been lodged into Kusunoki's left Leg by Metagross. Billy hoped the bond was enough, as he thought of words that represented their bond.

"Though the trials of Life and Battle are tough. Even when we face the End, we must Soldier on, Kusunoki, Mega Evolve!"

Billy had made the Key Stone one of the collar buttons on his shirt and the tendrils of energy went between Billy and Kusunoki. At that point the Mega Evolution Sphere appeared around Kusunoki, when it broke, the DNA symbol meaning that he had successfully Mega Evolved into Mega Aggron. Billy held his hope strong and knew their bond was stronger than his hope. At that Point, Metagross went for a Hammer Arm, which didn't do as much as he thought it did. He then ordered Kusunoki to use Iron Head, he used Iron Head on Metagross, but proceeded to restore some damages to the cave they were fighting in afterwards. It then wore off unexpectedly. Billy realized Kusunoki's condition at that point and knew both him and his Pokémon had to make the right moves to get out of this.

"Let Metagross Hit you!"

Kusunoki was confused at first, but listened to his trainer, signifying his trust in Billy, his trainer. The Metagross hit Kusunoki.

"Finish this, Metal Burst!"

Kusunoki used the Metal Burst as if this Metagross had encroached on his territory, and his territory was anywhere his trainer was. Metagross fell over knocked out. The Aggron looked at his trainer and fell over as well the toll of fighting five Pokémon had hit the Pokémon, Billy returned Kusunoki, and got out of there, going the way he came and he got out of the falls and went to Fallarbor town to See Nurse Joy. He explained how he came from Meteor Falls and needed his Aggron looked at, he was beyond worry, and sat, waiting. He didn't sleep until he heard his Aggron was okay.

"Your Aggron is exhausted, what did you do?"

"I found an Aggronite, which was guarded by Five Steel types, fought in increasing difficulty with the last being a Metagross, that was a tough fight."

"There is an Aggronite lodged in its left leg and we can remove if you want."

"Don't worry about it."

Two suggestions in case you’re actually going to keep a list of these:

1. Add the list to this post or create a separate one and add the link to it to the first post which has the FAQ and stuff. At some point, you’re probably going to have to go searching through multiple pages to find all the replies, so this would trivialize the process. Plus, a public list would be more beneficial for anyone wanting to take a quick look at who has what.

2. While I trust everyone here who says they have gotten mod approval, maybe it would be wise for some proof to be shown as well in case the mods do come looking, like you said. At this rate, since we are the definite Pokémon RP, we will have an abundance of mega, BB, and legendary approvals, so it is only a matter of time before the mods do come looking. It’ll just be a good look if we make their work easier.

Two suggestions in case you’re actually going to keep a list of these:

1. Add the list to this post or create a separate one and add the link to it to the first post which has the FAQ and stuff. At some point, you’re probably going to have to go searching through multiple pages to find all the replies, so this would trivialize the process. Plus, a public list would be more beneficial for anyone wanting to take a quick look at who has what.

2. While I trust everyone here who says they have gotten mod approval, maybe it would be wise for some proof to be shown as well in case the mods do come looking, like you said. At this rate, since we are the definite Pokémon RP, we will have an abundance of mega, BB, and legendary approvals, so it is only a matter of time before the mods do come looking. It’ll just be a good look if we make their work easier.
Aye, it's been added to the first post of the RP next to the character list.

Some kind of proof is a good idea though.

That said, please supplement with some kind of proof
I was approved for Mega Aerodactyl with Ezio Farello

I just got Mega Blastoise approved with Ken

Perfected battle bond for Arcanine with Acacia

I had taken a screen shot of The reply that I got.

finally finished this bio-
haven't really rped as a coordinator, so let's see how this goes

also sorry if this ends up being a double notification- messed up the edit trying to put the whole bio into one spoiler after I forgot to do it and then posted the same bio again
I think it's time for me to go to bed lel

Name: Kaden Miller
Trainer Class: Coordinator
Home town and region: Sunyshore city, Sinnoh

Physical Appearance: Kaden stands at 5'10 ft (about 178 cm) with a slender body, but has enough muscle mass to not be a complete twink. He has a medium skin tone, has one birthmark on his right cheek and another slightly under the right side of his lip. He has angular yellow eyes and more of a rectangular face shape. His hair is dark, considered black in a longer quiff style cut. He shaves often to keep a clean shaven look.

Clothing: As casual wear, Kaden likes to keep it simple yet stylish while still trying to remain in the realm of casual clothes. On the base he either wears a white plain shirt, or a t-shirt with a smoky gray blazer. For pants his go to is a pair of dark jeans. He has two pair of metallic stud earrings on both of his ears and wears a few rings, the most notable one being one that has bits of a fire stone embedded inside of it.

For performances Kaden has a variety of outfits which to mix and match from. Contrary to his casual clothing he isn't afraid to bust out bright and varying colors that would best match his vision. He might swap a few of his rings out for something else along with his earrings, but the one ring he'll always keep in is the one with the firestone. One of his signature things of Kaden is the elaborate eye makeup he wears during his performances that are often on theme to the show.

Personality: Kaden is a hard working coordinator who wants to provide nothing but perfection during his performances. He's quite particular about how he wants things to go and has a lot of difficulty in adjusting to sudden changes through tactics like improvising. Thus he has a back up plan for most things in an attempt to stay prepared. He's very self-critical, which can be a great perk when it comes to coordination as well as your greatest enemy. Kaden always tries to strive for better and better, always putting the bar higher for himself. Though he is harsh on himself he's encouraging of others, seeing other coordinators as his colleagues rather than rivals and is always interested in sharing ideas, inspiration, advice as well as critique.

Kaden comes from a higher end middle class family where they could occasionally afford to splurge every now and then and seeing that Kaden is an only child he was pampered to a certain extent. One particular occasion was when on his 12th birthday, he received a pokeball. At first the young boy was confused, but then quickly realized what it meant. He had received his first pokemon and would soon embark on his very own pokemon journey. Opening the spherical device revealed that his parents had gotten him a Growlithe, but not any ordinary one. It was a Hisuian variant, one to have been said to roam Sinnoh a couple hundred years ago. At the time though, Kaden didn't quite understand how special his little scout pokemon truly was. He was just overjoyed to finally have his own poke-partner whom he named Etna.

Together with his loyal pokemon by his side, Kaden began to make his way through Sinnoh, but the young trainer found the life of a battler quite difficult. Without a precise strategy or a plan, but still his schemes were easily foiled no matter how well prepared he tried to be. He found it overwhelming to try and account for everything possible and even then there were still things that could slip through the cracks. He eventually found something else to try and pursue seeing that he wasn't quite cut to be a battler. That would end up being contests

Kaden had seen snippets of shows on tv, but he'd never bothered to learn much about them until now. That changed when he made his way to Hearthome. It was the epicenter of coordinators in the region with the city and there he began to develop an interest. With the help of some funding from his parents, he went to see a few contests before he decided he wanted to try participating.

He took about a week to himself to think of how he could properly showcase the best of his pokemon's qualities and to brainstorm for ideas. Even in the beginning he noticed how much more enjoyable it was to prepare for contests than for battles. It was a different kind of problem solving and it was something better suited for him. There was still the little wrinkle of pokemon battles being involved in contests, but in this new context Kaden had a hopeful look on them. All the time spent on preparing and training proved to be worth it as Kaden had found success in the first round. While he didn't end up winning the competition he was the top 4th , and to boot he found something he enjoyed doing. Finally something he'd put his efforts into, finally paid off.

Slowly but surely, through the second wind of finding a new ambition, Kaden began to collect ribbons throughout Sinnoh. Throughout his time he began to develop his personal style, using moves in particular ways to show off traits or skills of his pokemon. Of course even through careful planning and routine training, every single attempt of receiving a ribbon wasn't a win, but he was often one of the top contestants in shows and soon he began to gather a bit of a following.

It wouldn't be until Kaden was 15 that he would be a part of his first Sinnoh grand festival, as he took his sweet time collecting the four ribbons needed. At this point Kaden had most of the pokemon he currently uses on his team, though many of them had yet to reach their final stage. The competition in the grand festival proved itself to be fierce. There were a multitude of trainers competing with many of them having way more years of experience than the young coordinator. Sadly he didn't quite manage to make the cut for the second round, but after seeing the other performances by the other participants he didn't feel bad. If anything it only gave him more motivation to hone his skills and to become a coordinator worth participating in the grand festival.

Kaden continued to develop his personal style, adding more glitz and glamor to him and his pokemon's outfit as well as beginning to experiment to use make-up to add to his developing look. He made it a point for himself to make every single performance of his unique in some way and to try his best to make the coming show better than the last. Even though he technically didn’t need to, he still participated in contests every now and then when he felt like he had something worth showing while working on finding the thing for his next attempt at the next Grand Festival.

So he did. He took to traveling around the region to find inspiration and ideas, but occasionally participated in a contest even though he had all of his four ribbons. It was mostly to stay active in the field to get some actual performances out and tested to see what works and what won’t in a real contest scenario. Throughout his years as a dedicated coordinator, he’s yet to win the Grand Festival, but he placed in the top 15 in his last attempt. Now he’s looking into possibly traveling into another region to find new perspectives on contests, maybe adding another pokemon or two onto his roster.

(I'll figure out the personalities for his pokemon as I go if that's fine)

Name: Etna
Species: Hisuian Arcanine
Ability: Flash fire

Personality
: Jolly - Etna is a very friendly pup, and slightly spoiled with affection, as she likes to occasionally pretend that she’s still a small Growlithe who can fit in her trainer’s lap for snuggles. She’s energetic and playful, occasionally getting sidetracked while training for contests, but when the real deal happens, she hones all of her focus on it.

Appearance: Etna isn’t quite your typical Arcanine, as she’s the Hisuian variant through atavism, or that’s the working theory at least. She stands quite tall with a sturdy and healthy build. Her fur is smoother and well kept, with her tail being a good example

Moves:
Battle Ready
Fire fang
Rock Slide
Raging Fury
Crunch
Flamethrower
Swift
Iron tail
Agility

Other Moves
Tackle
Ember
Howl

Name: Raiten
Species: Jolteon
Ability: Volt absorb

Personality: Hasty - Raiten is energetic and spunky, just like your typical electric type. He’s a slight bit mischievous as well, but never means any real harm to anyone. Tends to lightly zap or make people's hair stand up if you pet him too much, but that’s just to show them his affection.

Appearance: Has a bit more of a slender build with a bit more messy and jagged fur than your typical Jolteon, despite Kaden’s best efforts to tame his pokemon’s fur.

Moves:
Battle Ready
Thunder wave
Thunderbolt
Quick Attack
Agility
Pin missile
Charm
Volt Switch
Attract

Other Moves
Swift

Name: Dendro
Species: Roserade
Ability: Natural Cure

Personality: Serious - Takes his contest performances very seriously and is a tad prideful. He has the skill to back it up, but occasionally is a bit too serious about his performance, being quite self-critical.

Appearance: Dendro is a healthy green with his roses sporting strong vivid colors. Other than that he pretty much looks like your average Roserade.

Moves:
Battle Ready
Magical Leaf
Stun Spore
Synthesis
Petal Blizzard
Sweet Scent
Grass Whistle
Grass Knot
Growth

Other Moves
Poison Jab
Poison Sting

Name: Astraea
Species: Starmie
Ability: Illuminate

Personality: Calm - Astraea is sort of the glue that sticks the team together. Being the sound of reason and logic whenever any of the other team members start to squabble with one another. They are calm and collected even in the most intense situations.

Appearance: Like other Starmie, they have a bright red gem in the middle, but due to being from the colder climates of the Sinnoh region, Astraea is slightly darker and sports a colder purple hue and dark stripes running from the center to the tip of it’s thicker limbs.

Moves:
Battle Ready
Confuse Ray
Rapid spin
Psychic
Power Gem
Surf
Ice beam
Whirlpool
Tri Attack

Other moves
Recover
Bubble beam
Psybeam

Name: Nyx
Species: Mismagius
Ability: Levitate

Personality: Sassy - Nyx tends to act like the big sister of the group, making sure everyone is okay and content. She is quite dramatic and tends to add some flare to her actions. She tends to enjoy humming and singing. She does it sometimes while hiding perhaps to play up her creepiness like a true ghost pokemon

Appearance: Nyx looks pretty much on par with other members of her species, but the ‘dress’ part of her is a bit wider and all around a bit bigger than other Mismagius and she often likes to twirl around to see the ‘fabric’ flow and move.

Moves:
Battle Ready
Hex
Shadowball
Shadow sneak
Perish Song
Mystic fire
Will-o-wisp
Darkpulse
Psychic

Other moves
Magical leaf
Mean look

Last edited:
finally finished this bio-
haven't really rped as a coordinator, so let's see how this goes

also sorry if this ends up being a double notification- messed up the edit trying to put the whole bio into one spoiler after I forgot to do it and then posted the same bio again
I think it's time for me to go to bed lel

Name: Kaden Millar
Trainer Class: Coordinator
Home town and region: Sunyshore city, Sinnoh

Physical Appearance: Kaden stands at 5'10 ft (about 178 cm) with a slender body, but has enough muscle mass to not be a complete twink. He has a medium skin tone, has one birthmark on his right cheek and another slightly under the right side of his lip. He has angular yellow eyes and more of a rectangular face shape. His hair is dark, considered black in a longer quiff style cut. He shaves often to keep a clean shaven look.

Clothing: As casual wear, Kaden likes to keep it simple yet stylish while still trying to remain in the realm of casual clothes. On the base he either wears a white plain shirt, or a t-shirt with a smoky gray blazer. For pants his go to is a pair of dark jeans. He has two pair of metallic stud earrings on both of his ears and wears a few rings, the most notable one being one that has bits of a fire stone imbedded inside of it.

For performances Kaden has a variety of outfits which to mix and match from. Contrary to his casual clothing he isn't afraid to bust out bright and varying colors that would best match his vision. He might swap a few of his rings out for something else along with his earrings, but the one ring he'll always keep in is the one with the firestone. One of his signature things of Kaden is the elaborate eye makeup he wears during his performances that are often on theme to the show.

Personality: Kaden is a hard working coordinator who wants to provide nothing but perfection during his performances. He's quite particular about how he wants things to go and has a lot of difficulty in adjusting to sudden changes through tactics like improvising. Thus he has a back up plan for most things in an attempt to stay prepared. He's very self-critical, which can be a great perk when it comes to coordination as well as your greatest enemy. Kaden always tries to strive for better and better, always putting the bar higher for himself. Though he is harsh on himself he's encouraging of others, seeing other coordinators as his collogues rather than rivals and is always interested in sharing ideas, inspiration, advise as well as critique.

Kaden comes from a higher end middle class family where they could occasionally afford to splurge every now and then and seeing that Kaden is an only child he was pampered to a certain extent. One particular occasion was when on his 12th birthday, he received a pokeball. At first the young boy was confused, but then quickly realized what it meant. He had received his first pokemon and would soon embark on his very own pokemon journey. Opening the spherical device revealed that his parents had gotten him a Growlithe, but not any ordinary one. It was a Hisuian variant, one to have been said to roam Sinnoh a couple hundred years ago. At the time though, Kaden didn't quite understand how special his little scout pokemon truly was. He was just overjoyed to finally have his own poke-partner whom he named Etna.

Together with his loyal pokemon by his side, Kaden began to make his way through Sinnoh, but the young trainer found the life of a battler quite difficult. Without a precise strategy or a plan, but still his schemes were easily foiled no matter how well prepared he tried to be. He found it overwhelming to try and account for everything possible and even then there were still things that could slip through the cracks. He eventually found something else to try and pursue seeing that he wasn't quite cut to be a battler. That would end up being contests

Kaden had seen snippets of shows on tv, but he'd never bothered to learn much about them until now. That changed when he made his way to Hearthome. It was the epicenter of coordinators in the region with the city and there he began to develop an interest. With the help of some funding from his parents, he went to see a few contests before he decided he wanted to try participating.

He took about a week to himself to think of how he could properly showcase the best of his pokemon's qualities and to brainstorm for ideas. Even in the beginning he noticed how much more enjoyable it was to prepare for contests than for battles. It was a different kind of problem solving and it was something better suited for him. There was still the little wrinkle of pokemon battles being involved in contests, but in this new context Kaden had a hopeful look on them. All the time spent on preparing and training proved to be worth it as Kaden had found success in the first round. While he didn't end up winning the competition he was the top 4th , and to boot he found something he enjoyed doing. Finally something he'd put his efforts into, finally paid off.

Slowly but surely, through the second wind of finding a new ambition, Kaden began to collect ribbons throughout Sinnoh. Throughout his time he began to develop his personal style, using moves in particular ways to show off traits or skills of his pokemon. Of course even through careful planning and routine training, every single attempt of receiving a ribbon wasn't a win, but he was often one of the top contestants in shows and soon he began to gather a bit of a following.

It wouldn't be until Kaden was 15 that he would be a part of his first Sinnoh grand festival, as he took his sweet time collecting the four ribbons needed. At this point Kaden had most of the pokemon he currently uses on his team, though many of them had yet to reach their final stage. The competition in the grand festival proved itself to be fierce. There were a multitude of trainers competing with many of them having way more years of experience than the young coordinator. Sadly he didn't quite manage to make the cut for the second round, but after seeing the other performances by the other participants he didn't feel bad. If anything it only gave him more motivation to hone his skills and to become a coordinator worth participating in the grand festival.

Kaden continued to develop his personal style, adding more glitz and glamor to him and his pokemon's outfit as well as beginning to experiment to use make-up to add to his developing look. He made it a point for himself to make every single performance of his unique in some way and to try his best to make the coming show better than the last. Even though he technically didn’t need to, he still participated in contests every now and then when he felt like he had something worth showing while working on finding the thing for his next attempt at the next Grand Festival.

So he did. He took to traveling around the region to find inspiration and ideas, but occasionally participated in a contest even though he had all of his four ribbons. It was mostly to stay active in the field to get some actual performances out and tested to see what works and what won’t in a real contest scenario. Throughout his years as a dedicated coordinator, he’s yet to win the Grand Festival, but he placed in the top 15 in his last attempt. Now he’s looking into possibly traveling into another region to find new perspectives on contests, maybe adding another pokemon or two onto his roster.

(I'll figure out the personalities for his pokemon as I go if that's fine)

Name: Etna
Species: Hisuian Arcanine
Ability: Flash fire
Moves: Fire fang, Rock slide, Raging fury, Flamethrower, Swift, Iron tail

Name: Raiten
Species: Jolteon
Ability: Volt absorb
Moves: Thunder wave, Thunder bolt, Agility, Pin missile, Charm, Volt switch, Attract

Name: Dendro
Species: Roserade
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Magical leaf, Dazzling gleam, Grass Knot, Double team, Synthesis, Poison powder

Name: Astraea
Species: Starmie
Ability: Illuminate
Moves: Confuse ray, Rapid spin, Power gem, Ice beam, Whirlpool, Psychic

Name: Pocus
Species: Mismagius
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Hex, Nasty plot, Will-o-wisp, Shadowball, Shadow sneak, Darkpulse, Psychic
No one ever wants to start from scratch

My moping aside, your bio looks good! Accepted! Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

Here's a question. How do we want to handle certain hit moves? The likes of aerial ace, shock wave, swift etc. We've done a bit of talk about it, but now I want a more open discourse on the matter.

I for one, don't think certain-hit moves should remain and likely won't enforce them being 'unable to miss'. Largely because there's a huge difference between how that plays out in a game versus how that plays out in a role play.

For one, it would make viable one-shot teams which would be just as cheap and unfun as in the game, if not more. Slap an accuracy boosting move on a pokemon—lock-on, miracle eye, or something similar—and then your next move can't miss. This is much more viable in RP since unlike in the games you are very unlikely to get one or two-shot in a battle; and frankly, while it'd get called out for being cheap in this case, so far it has been allowed to use two moves in one post.

While I do think it's fair to give these certain-hit moves some quality like 'homing' or something, I don't believe they should be made flat-out unable to miss.

(I'll point out that I believe no-guard is more fair and balanced since the forced hits would be on both sides.)

Here's a question. How do we want to handle certain hit moves? The likes of aerial ace, shock wave, swift etc. We've done a bit of talk about it, but now I want a more open discourse on the matter.

I for one, don't think certain-hit moves should remain and likely won't enforce them being 'unable to miss'. Largely because there's a huge difference between how that plays out in a game versus how that plays out in a role play.

For one, it would make viable one-shot teams which would be just as cheap and unfun as in the game, if not more. Slap an accuracy boosting move on a pokemon—lock-on, miracle eye, or something similar—and then your next move can't miss. This is much more viable in RP since unlike in the games you are very unlikely to get one or two-shot in a battle; and frankly, while it'd get called out for being cheap in this case, so far it has been allowed to use two moves in one post.

While I do think it's fair to give these certain-hit moves some quality like 'homing' or something, I don't believe they should be made flat-out unable to miss.

(I'll point out that I believe no-guard is more fair and balanced since the forced hits would be on both sides.)

My mentality for this is can't miss moves like aerial ace is that in a real life setting no move should be "you literally cannot avoid this ever" as there are too many variables in a more real-life style Pokemon far as avoiding or intercepting moves. It just gives you the highest chance of connecting a shot and accuracy reflects difficultly to avoid a move. Something like Focus Blast you could possibly avoid just by standing still vs. Aerial Ace where you have to put some work to prevent it from connecting.

But I agree nothing should be "it hits you and you can't do anything about it."

My mentality for this is can't miss moves like aerial ace is that in a real life setting no move should be "you literally cannot avoid this ever" as there are too many variables in a more real-life style Pokemon far as avoiding or intercepting moves. It just gives you the highest chance of connecting a shot and accuracy reflects difficultly to avoid a move. Something like Focus Blast you could possibly avoid just by standing still vs. Aerial Ace where you have to put some work to prevent it from connecting.

But I agree nothing should be "it hits you and you can't do anything about it."
noted. I basically have the same opinion on it the issue.
Thank you!

Should I add that Brian has his Mega ring in his bio along with Gallade capable of Mega Evolving? Of course I won't show it off until later in the RP.
You don't need to add it in his bios, the confirmation is enough for me.

Does anyone else want to share their opinion on perfect-accuracy moves?

If not that the Goldenrod Bug Catching Contest is supposed to start soon-ish, so all those who plan to participate should start positioning their characters. According to the discord event the interested parties are @Cmeriwether @Godjacob @Hecotoro
Desmond and Emma are trying to get there. @Cmeriwether just set up this encounter though and waiting on his reply.

Does anyone else want to share their opinion on perfect-accuracy moves?

If not that the Goldenrod Bug Catching Contest is supposed to start soon-ish, so all those who plan to participate should start positioning their characters. According to the discord event the interested parties are @Cmeriwether @Godjacob @Hecotoro
Ig my take on it is that those 100% accuracy do lose a lot of utility as there’s longer a reason to have those moves in a limited move pool when you can have a stronger move instead. I’m speaking of certain cases where you’d choose a weaker damaging attack over the stronger attack with low accuracy. There’s no longer anything that gives those 100% accuracy attacks the edge over their stronger attacks.

Flamethrower and Fire Blast would be an example of this. Flamethrower is normally chosen over fire blast for the accuracy, but Pokémon who need the extra damage could take fire blast. However, that no longer needs to be considered getting a flamethrower to land would take the same amount of work as getting a fire blast to land.

A more interesting example of this would be Scald and Hydro Pump. It’s a similar situation to the previous example, but scald also has a high chance to burn the opposing Pokémon. High chance because it burns Kyuu’s Pokémon half the time when I use it. This secondary effect still gives it some usability over its stronger counterpart. Unfortunately, not all attacks have that.

Moves that also buff accuracy should also be taken into account. I doubt anyone was gonna use a move like Lock-On anyways, but wouldn’t those type of moves lose most of viability it’s had? Accuracy lowering attacks might also get a serious buff with this too. Although, I don’t know the exact mechanics that occur when aerial ace is used after accuracy is lowered, for example.

At least, No Guard has the trade off of giving the opponent 100% accuracy as well. My take on it though is that would occur when the Pokémon is attacking, causing it to forgo its defense, leaving it open to be attacked. If the No guard Pokémon is keeping its guard up and standing back, instead of attacking, it should logically be able to try to dodge in rp format. Either way, I still think No Guard is fine.

In any case, since this is obviously in a more realistic setting, instead of a game, it doesn’t really make sense that some attacks can’t be dodged. In rp format, if the attack is executed poorly or the dodge is written well, it should be able to be avoided. I’m pretty sure that is the common consensus. Allowing attacks to be guaranteed to hit the opponent isn’t really suitable in an rp, but saying they can’t is a massive strike to their viability in most cases. It’s a thin line to balance and it’s hard for me to choose one or the other. If I had to choose one, I’d just go with the nerf or loss of 100% accuracy, however you wanna say it.