• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon Discussion Thread

Here's a list of the various leagues and their active seasons:

Leagues have a 9-month season*
Indigo Conference - Jan - Sept
Silver Conference - Feb - Oct
Ever Grande Conference - March - Nov
Lily of the Valley Conference - April - Dec
Ventress Conference - May - Jan
Lumiose Conference - June - Feb
Manalo Conference - July - Mar
Galar League - Aug - April

Grand Festival has a 9-month season*
Kanto Grand Festival - Feb - Oct
Johto Grand Festival - Mar - Nov
Hoenn Grand Festival - April - Dec
Sinnoh Grand Festival - May - Jan
Unova Grand Festival - June - Feb
Kalos Princess Showcase - July - Mar

WCS has a 10-month season*
World Coronation Series - Oct - July

The WCS Promotion Match between Acacia & Leon will be happening in this thread:

If your character will be watching the match in person or broadcasted then feel free to post reactions there!

I think I'll pass on that, but spectate the battle regardless.

And judging by the description, is this announcer guy just... riding an an Aegislash like a skateboard? I don't see how else you'd be able to ride on one without standing on the shield. (/lh)

Also, is this schedule stuff known to our characters at all? I'd rather not have Colored suddenly become a psychic here and learn of her likely next goal after competing in a few contests - most likely join in on the Unovan Grand Festival or Kalos Showcases.

I think I'll pass on that, but spectate the battle regardless.

And judging by the description, is this announcer guy just... riding an an Aegislash like a skateboard? I don't see how else you'd be able to ride on one without standing on the shield. (/lh)

Also, is this schedule stuff known to our characters at all? I'd rather not have Colored suddenly become a psychic here and learn of her likely next goal after competing in a few contests - most likely join in on the Unovan Grand Festival or Kalos Showcases.

If your character keeps up with the World Coronation Series then they should know about it; as for the Aegislash...

1657028939945.png

Here's a lil npc/side character to help fill out the bracket to the World Junior Cup

Name: Kenzie Kirk

Appearance: Kenzie's spunky attitude is well reflected in her appearance. She's a bit taller than other girls her age standing a bit under 5'8 ft (or 172 cm) with a sporty build and has a slight tan. For the most part she wears athletic or comfortable clothes, her platinum blonde hair high up in a ponytail. She has a slight gap between her teeth, always noticeable when smiling, smirking smugly or baring her teeth.

Personality: Kenzie is a spunky teenager with a lot of energy and passion for battling. Her fuse is quick to light up, but it can quickly burn out as well. She is head strong and is good at improvisation, but she leans on it a bit too much as too many turns and twists without a planned out route, it can land you back at square one or even at a dead end. She doesn't take loss too well, but she's going to become the strongest trainer dammit! Or at least really strong!... or something like it-

Species: Granbull
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Fire fang, Thunder fang, Ice fang Headbutt, Scary face, Lick, Bite
Item: Silk Scarf

Species: Seadra
Ability: Sniper
Moves: Focus energy, Agility, Dragon breath, Bubble beam, Scald
Item: N/A

Species: Skiddo
Ability: Sap sipper
Moves: Razor leaf, Synthesis, Bulldoze, Take down, Leech seed, Growth,
Item: Big Root

Species: Magneton
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Thunder wave, Magnet rise, Spark, Tackle, Lock-on, Metal sound, Tri attack, Flash cannon
Item: N/A

Last edited:

Announcement: Unova World Junior Cup

Good Day to all our lovely trainers.

The World Junior Cup is nearly ready, we have seven confirmed participants and need one more for a rounded bracket. A round of thanks to @RenzFlintrock for helping us fill it out!

The Junior Cup will be restricted to pokemon whose 'level' would be below 40, preferably these pokemon will be around the high 20s to lower 30s. This means primarily second-stage pokemon and occasionally third-stage. This is a junior cup so it is not expected to see stone evolutions or pokemon with loads of TM or Move Tutor moves.

The battle format will be 2-vs-2; not double battles, but two singles matches.

We'll need to discuss the in-RP date—barring no discussion taking place, I will simply decide on some date in mid-July, roughly a month from the current date most people are on. Likely July 15th or so.

Our participants are as follows:

1657385570740.png

Announcement: Unova World Junior Cup

Good Day to all our lovely trainers.

The World Junior Cup is nearly ready, we have seven confirmed participants and need one more for a rounded bracket. A round of thanks to @RenzFlintrock for helping us fill it out!

The Junior Cup will be restricted to pokemon whose 'level' would be below 40, preferably these pokemon will be around the high 20s to lower 30s. This means primarily second-stage pokemon and occasionally third-stage. This is a junior cup so it is not expected to see stone evolutions or pokemon with loads of TM or Move Tutor moves.

The battle format will be 2-vs-2; not double battles, but two singles matches.

We'll need to discuss the in-RP date—barring no discussion taking place, I will simply decide on some date in mid-July, roughly a month from the current date most people are on. Likely July 15th or so.

Our participants are as follows:

Alright, so the tournament will be set for Friday, July 15th in RP and it will begin on Tuesday IRL, so in 2 days. If you have any objections to this time please do make them known between today and tomorrow.

@RenzFlintrock
@sSoul
@Hecotoro
@IDKWhatUserNameToDo
@Grand Master Koop

Announcement: World Junior Cup Bracket

RNG shuffling has spoken and here are the brackets for tomorrow's tournament:

Unless someone volunteers, I will be filling in the undetermined slot with my own character.

Bracket Adjustment!

1657719709340.png

@Hecotoro
@Grand Master Koop
@sSoul
@IDKWhatUserNameToDo
@RenzFlintrock

Did anything happen yet or no?

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Discontinued ////////////////
So I'm thinking about joining this. Just trying to put some order in my head about the load of stuff that's happening simultaneously in this RP, 'cause it's a TON of stuff to keep track of, lol... @.@

I'd just like to know a few things first:
- How much freedom do we have about the way moves are used? 'Cause in the games, each move is very specific on what it does. But in the anime, the same move can be used in many different ways, even by the same pokémon, to the point where they often overlap with each other. Some examples of this: Telekinesis, Kinesis, Confusion and Psychic are pretty much the same thing. Safeguard works the same as Protect. Fire Spin, Heat Wave and Inferno can be used just like Flamethrower. Some non-damaging moves, like Agility, Sandstorm, Screech and Tail Whip, have also been used offensively and deal damage.
Also, a similar case with abilities, although to a lesser extent. Some abilities either work very differently in the anime (eg. Color Change doesn't really change the pokémon's typing, it just changes its color to blend with the environment), or simply don't work well by anime standards (eg. Pressure, Forewarn, Anticipation, No Guard, Truant). So, do we take their in-game effects literaly, or can they be tweaked to better fit the RP?

- How do we go with Fakemons/non-canon Formes? I have an idea for my Rapidash to be able to undergo a forme change. It's similar to Mega Evolution in the sense that it changes appearance, typing and stats, but doesn't use a key stone, has a time limit (and sort of a "cooldown" before being useable again), and changes the moveset. I know these things need to be approved, just don't know how or who approves it. How that forme was obtained would also be the event that starts me on the RP, so depending on whether it just requires details or if it also requires a backstory I might put it on a Spoiler tag.

- Are levels a thing here, and if so how do they work/kept track of? I see some people are using them and some are not. In the anime they aren't really a thing, or at least not in terms of numbers like in the games. Two pokémon, one has more battle experience than the other, and the characters might state one is at a "higher level" when comparing them, but that's about it. All in all, I just want to know if that's something important I have to put on my character's pokémon or if I can just ignore it, tbh.

In the meantime, you can have the Character profile. It doesn't have the "pokémon" section yet (will edit it in later and let you know so you can double-check), because I'd like to have some more clarification on those things above. Mainly the move part, since if we're going with game mechanics, 8 moves will still give me a lot to think about. :'|
Character Bio: Rick
Sem título.png
*Made with Hero Forge
Trainer Class: Rider & Explorer
Appearance: Slim and standing at about 1,80m tall, with short brown hair and light skin. While physically not a very strong individual, his light stature makes him quite athletic.
Gear: He wears a riding outfit, consisting of a dark-grey t-shirt, grey breeches, tall boots, and occasionally fingerless gloves. He also packs on the lighter side, with only a belt pocket to carry the essentials (medicine, first aid, small tools, berries, pokéballs, etc...). He has no backpack or any heavy gear that would hinder him.
Personality: Rick is somewhat of an introvert individual when it comes to strangers, and is typically a man of few words. He prefers to spend his time with his pokémon rather than with other people, his social skills are subpar, and he tends to avoid crowds and spotlights. This all gets better when it comes to people he's more familiar with and those he deems trustworthy, but unless they back it up with actions, it will take some time to gain his trust with just words. Despite this, he has no problems assisting someone in need, even resorting to daring acts when things get harsh. Rick isn't very fond of battling for the sake of entertainment. He doesn't like harming pokémon, let alone making them faint, so his first approach to conflict is usually to try to deescalate and possibly avoid it whenever it's possible, provided he won't put himself or others at greater risk for trying, only engaging in combat when given no other option. He's okay with battling for training purposes though, and may accept a friendly skirmish here and there, if he's given a good enough reason for it. In any case, he'll only use as much force as necessary. He won't hold back in a serious confrontation though, and he's not nearly as benevolent towards ill-intended people as he is towards pokémon that are just defending themselves or their territory.
Skills: He's well versed in self-defense, especially in grappling to compensate for its below average physical strength, if the need arises. He also shows great prowess in riding certain pokémon species, especially his Rapidash, which he practiced to perfection. In many cases, he will even ride her in battle. Many years exploring different areas and biomes also gave him plenty of survival skills and made him particularly good at taking advantage of the environment.
Background: Rick grew in Emeragrove Town with his parents, in Sinnoh. His interest in nature and exploration started from very young age. At the age of 16, he wanted to have his own pokémon that he could bond and share his adventures with. Visiting a house whose mission was to give pokémon a new home, he ended up adopting an orphaned Ponyta. They trained together until they grew more and more attached to each other, and eventually they had gotten enough experience to venture further away from town, ultimately leaving Emeragrove at the age of 20. His Ponyta evolved some time after, which allowed Rick to venture into more remote, and arguably riskier areas. Overtime, he became exceptionally good at it, and his feats didn't go unnoticed. He eventually accepted an invite from a long-time family friend to be his assistant and do field work for him.
Sprite_078_LGPE.png

Name: Iris
Ability: Flash Fire
Bio: Iris was Rick's first pokémon, which he adopted from a barn from very young age when she was still a ponyta. They've been together ever since, and quickly became best friends. Rick keeps her out of her ball most of the time, and she's free to roam as she pleases, although she rarely strays too far without a reason. She also serves as Rick's main means of transportation. While she can be quite jolly when in the mood, she does have a bit of temper and a general distrust for strangers (human or pokémon), especialy those who get too close without her consent, although she's not overly aggressive and is actually courteous to those she trusts. She's quite protective towards Rick, standing her ground against anything she feels poses a threat, and has enough experience to be capable of fighting by her own without instructions, if needed.
Moveset​
Level-Up: Agility, Bounce, Ember, Fire Blast, Fire Spin, Flame Charge, Flame Wheel, Flare Blitz, Fury Attack, Growl, Hypnosis, Inferno, Megahorn, Poison Jab, Quick Attack, Smart Strike, Stomp, Tackle, Tail Whip, Take Down
Taught: Body Slam, Double Kick, Double Team, Drill Run, Flamethrower, Giga Impact, Headbutt, Heat Wave, High Horsepower, Horn Drill, Hyper Beam, Low Kick, Morning Sun, Overheat, Pay Day, Protect, Rest, Solar Beam, Solar Blade, Sunny Day, Swift, Swords Dance, Throat Chop, Wild Charge
Battle-Ready​
Agility​
Flare Blitz​
Heat Wave​
H. Horsepower​
Low Kick​
Protect​
Solar Blade​
Wild Charge​
Solar Forme.png

Ability: Solar Flare - Grants immunity to Fire and simulates the effects of harsh sunlight (doesn't actualy change the weather itself)
Description: Exposure to high amounts of energy from a Meteonite gave Iris the innate ability to change into a powered forme. While transformed, her speed, strength, and special abilities are greatly enhanced, and she becomes able to fly. Just like the Meteonite itself, she also serves as an artifical sun, as she's constantly releasing the same kind of energy. Her appearance doesn't change much aside from a pair of flaming wings that she grows from her shoulders, and her coat glows due to the energy that radiates from her body. Her flames also brigthen, and depending on her temperature, these will range from red-orange to white-yellow. As energy is released, she gradualy goes back to her original cream-colored coat and red-orange flames, until she ultimately reverts to her standard forme once the energy runs out. There seems to be some sort of solar absorption, as it lasts longer during the day, but is shortened when overcast, at night, or indoors. The usage of moves, special attacks in particular, drains more energy. Intensive fights may result in fatigue or even fainting.
Moveset​
Level-Up: Agility, Bounce, Ember, Fire Blast, Fire Spin, Flame Charge, Flame Wheel, Flare Blitz, Fury Attack, Growl, Hypnosis, Inferno, Megahorn, Poison Jab, Quick Attack, Smart Strike, Stomp, Tackle, Tail Whip, Take Down
Taught: Body Slam, Double Kick, Double Team, Drill Run, Flamethrower, Giga Impact, Headbutt, Heat Wave, High Horsepower, Horn Drill, Hyper Beam, Low Kick, Morning Sun, Overheat, Pay Day, Protect, Rest, Solar Beam, Solar Blade, Sunny Day, Swift, Swords Dance, Throat Chop, Wild Charge
Forme Exclusive: Acrobatics, Aerial Ace, Brave Bird, Burn Up, Dazzling Gleam, Dual Wingbeat, Extremespeed, Flash, Fly, Gust, Hurricane, Light Screen, Mystical Fire, Reflect, Sky Attack, Strength, Wing Attack
Battle-Ready​
Extremespeed​
Flare Blitz​
Heat Wave​
H. Horsepower​
Inferno​
Sky Attack​
Solar Blade​
Protect​
oie_KyFu58dpByRv.png

Name: Zephir
Ability: Chlorophyll
Bio: As an eevee, Zephir had always been the "pet pokémon" of Rick's family. Never meant for battling nor to receive any combat training to begin with. He became Rick's second pokémon when his father gifted it to him before leaving home. He was later exposed to a Moss Stone during Rick's travels and evolved into a Leafeon, at which point he actualy started developing his abilities thoroughly. Zephir is a very pacifist pokémon who spends most of his day sleeping on the treetops or any spots where the Sun shines. He's a very sociable and higly curious pokémon, very quick at making friends with other pokémon nearby, if given the chance. He prefers not to fight an opponent head on, and most of the time sticks to more of a supporting role. Nonetheless, when he must face an opponent head on, Zephir shows great skill in close quarters, and has his fair share of tricks to use in combat.
Moveset​
Level-Up: Baby-Doll Eyes, Baton Pass, Bite, Charm, Copycat, Covet, Double-Edge, Focus Energy, Giga Drain, Grass Whistle, Growl, Helping Hand, Last Resort, Leaf Blade, Leech Seed, Magical Leaf, Quick Attack, Razor Leaf, Refresh, Sand Attack, Sunny Day, Swift, Swords Dance, Synthesis, Tackle, Tail Whip, Take Down, Trump Card
Taught: Bullet Seed, Detect, Dig, Energy Ball, Giga Impact, Grass Knot, Heal Bell, Iron Tail, Knock Off, Leaf Storm, Protect, Rest, Rock Smash, Seed Bomb, Solar Beam, Substitute, Tickle, Wish
Battle-Ready​
Grass Knot​
Heal Bell​
Helping Hand​
Leaf Blade​
Protect​
Razor Leaf​
Substitute​
Wish​
oie_DmWFFRA9bggu.png

Name: Pearl
Ability: Shed Skin
Bio: Pearl was the latest pokémon that Rick got. She was rescued while Rick was exploring Mt. Coronet and found a group of bounty hunters trying to forcefully capture pokémon for profit. Pearl is arguably the most calm of Rick's pokémon. She never evolved into a Dragonite despite all the years of training, and while most people would see that as a bad thing, Rick actualy prefers it that way and hopes that she will never change. Since she would never develop her full physical strength as a middle stage, her training was shifted towards weather manipulation and elemental attacks. She also serves as Rick's alternative means of transport for air or water travel.
Moveset​
Level-Up: Agility, Aqua Tail, Dragon Dance, Dragon Rage, Dragon Rush, Dragon Tail, Hyper Beam, Leer, Outrage, Rain Dance, Safeguard, Slam, Thunder Wave, Twister, Wrap
Taught: Aqua Jet, Bide, Blizzard, Detect, Draco Meteor, Dragon Breath, Dragon Pulse, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Hail, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Mist, Protect, Rest, Sunny Day, Surf, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Water Gun, Water Pulse, Whirlpool, Zap Cannon
Battle-Ready​
Blizzard​
Draco Meteor​
Flamethrower​
Hydro Pump​
Safeguard​
Thunder​
Twister​
Whirlpool​
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Discontinued ////////////////

Last edited:
So I'm thinking about joining this. Just trying to put some order in my head about the load of stuff that's happening simultaneously in this RP, 'cause it's a TON of stuff to keep track of, lol... @.@

I'd just like to know a few things first:
- How much freedom do we have about the way moves are used? 'Cause in the games, each move is very specific on what it does. But in the anime, the same move can be used in many different ways, even by the same pokémon, to the point where they often overlap with each other. Some examples of this: Telekinesis, Kinesis, Confusion and Psychic are pretty much the same thing. Safeguard works the same as Protect. Fire Spin, Heat Wave and Inferno can be used just like Flamethrower. Some non-damaging moves, like Agility, Sandstorm, Screech and Tail Whip, have also been used offensively and deal damage.
Also, a similar case with abilities, although to a lesser extent. Some abilities either work very differently in the anime (eg. Color Change doesn't really change the pokémon's typing, it just changes its color to blend with the environment), or simply don't work well by anime standards (eg. Pressure, Forewarn, Anticipation, No Guard, Truant). So, do we take their in-game effects literaly, or can they be tweaked to better fit the RP?
The difference between game and anime and manga moves is noted and honestly, we deal with the issues as they pop up. For example, we disallowed 'sure-hit' moves in favor of a homing effect. Essentially, you do have a lot of flexibility with moves so feel free to get creative. Not every idea is allowed, but I encourage discussion on the matter.

And indeed, some moves are functionally the same move but stronger.

- How do we go with Fakemons/non-canon Formes? I have an idea for my Rapidash to be able to undergo a forme change. It's similar to Mega Evolution in the sense that it changes appearance, typing and stats, but doesn't use a key stone, has a time limit (and sort of a "cooldown" before being useable again), and changes the moveset. I know these things need to be approved, just don't know how or who approves it. How that forme was obtained would also be the event that starts me on the RP, so depending on whether it just requires details or if it also requires a backstory I might put it on a Spoiler tag.
Mega-Evolution-like powers require approval from a moderator, so I'd suggest sending a message to @StellarWind Elsydeon

Once you've got that approved then just post the confirmation here and you're all set to go!

I'm not allowing outright fakemon, but forme changes, custom megas/evolutions etc. are allowed as per Pokecharm's rules.

- Are levels a thing here, and if so how do they work/kept track of? I see some people are using them and some are not. In the anime they aren't really a thing, or at least not in terms of numbers like in the games. Two pokémon, one has more battle experience than the other, and the characters might state one is at a "higher level" when comparing them, but that's about it. All in all, I just want to know if that's something important I have to put on my character's pokémon or if I can just ignore it, tbh.

Levels are used as a reference. So, to give an example, I use them to determine when I want my pokemon to learn moves or evolve. They also allowed us to give a general level of strength. To give another example, the current tournament only allows pokemon that would be below 'level 40', this just means no pseudo-legends in their final evolution or any similar such pokemon who should by all rights be incredibly powerful.

In the meantime, you can have the Character profile. It doesn't have the "pokémon" section yet (will edit it in later and let you know so you can double-check), because I'd like to have some more clarification on those things above. Mainly the move part, since if we're going with game mechanics, 8 moves will still give me a lot to think about. :'|
View attachment 946123
Trainer Class: Rider & Explorer
Appearance: Slim and standing at about 1,80m tall, with short brown hair and light skin. While physically not a very strong individual, his light stature makes him quite athletic.
Gear: He wears a riding outfit, consisting of a dark-grey t-shirt, grey breeches, tall boots, and occasionally fingerless gloves. He also packs on the lighter side, with only a belt pocket to carry the essentials (medicine, first aid, small tools, berries, pokéballs, etc...). He has no backpack or any heavy gear that would hinder him.
Personality: Rick can be quite an introvert individual, especially when it comes to strangers. He prefers to spend his time with his pokémon rather than with other people. He often has a hard time at maintaining a conversation, although this gets better as he gets along with someone, to the point where you'd barely notice his introvert nature. Despite this, he has no problems assisting someone in need. Due to his preferred lifestyle away from cities and closer to nature, he doesn't feel comfortable among crowds, and usually tries to avoid them. When it comes to battles, he tends to engage only when necessary. He may do them for training, or friendly skirmishes if someone asks him to, but he's not very fond of simply battling for sport. In those cases, he will often hold back and evaluate the opponent, then act accordingly to their perceived skills. Otherwise, he won't hold back if it's a serious confrontation.
Skills: He's well versed in self-defense, especially in grappling to compensate for its below average physical strength, if the need arises. He also shows great prowess in riding certain pokémon species, especially his Rapidash, which he practiced to perfection. In many cases, he will even ride her in battle. Many years exploring different areas and biomes also gave him plenty of survival skills and made him particularly good at taking advantage of the environment.
Background:
*I might do a Prologue, as I've seen some people doing it in their first post, but this is a very summarized version of it.
Rick grew in Emeragrove Town with his parents, in Sinnoh. His interest in nature and exploration started from very young age. At the age of 16, he wanted to have his own pokémon that he could bond and share his adventures with, however he refused to do it by force. Not that he could anyways, without a pokémon he could use to weaken them first. Visiting a house whose mission was to give pokémon a new home, he ended up adopting a (presumably) orphan Ponyta. They trained together until they grew more and more attached to each other, and eventually they had gotten enough experience to venture further away from town, ultimately leaving Emeragrove at the age of 20. His Ponyta evolved some time after, which allowed Rick to venture into more remote, riskier (and arguably rewarding) areas. With time, he became exceptionally good at it, and his feats didn't go unnoticed. He eventually received an invite from a long-time family friend to be his assistant and do field work for him. Sounding like an opportunity of a lifetime (and to much to his parents mental wellbeing of having someone looking for him), Rick accepted.
Accepted! I'd love to see an explorer, maybe we can play something.

Once you've got our Rapidash approved feel free to use it.

Regarding a few other things that I didn't directly address.

Abilities, like moves, will be moderated to some extent, but there as well, we have to look at the specific use cases in anime/game/manga and then decide what we want to do from there. Generally, we'll tweak things to better fit the setting of the RP better.

And yes, there's quite a bit going on in the RP at the moment; however, there are slow spots and fast spots. I'd say consider the pace at which you want to RP as well as which region you want to RP in and what you want to do. From there we can fit you in nicely :v

Johto Travel Itinerary Part 1. Olivine to Cianwood

Arrive in Olivine City via Olivine Port

Olivine City

1658178935443.png
Points of Interest:
  • Glitter Lighthouse; lighthouse battle challenge
  • Olivine Cafe; Ball Capsules & Seal Cases
  • Battle Tower
  • Fishing Guru
  • Normal Type Unofficial Gym; Norman (Hoenn) is originally from Olivine, so this is a reference to that.

Route 41
Sea Route; beware whirlpools as you approach whirl Island.

Whirl Islands
- Blue Point Isle;
contains Inland City, Bluefinland, & Blue Lagoon; Whirl Cup Registration (Water-type only tournament); Parade of the Chinchou (July)

- Pudgy Pidgey Isle;
contains Pidgey so fat they can't fly; declared a Pokemon Preserve by the PPA (Pokemon Protection Agency)

- Yellow Rock isle;
Corsola revering society; Megi city (renown Corsola horn artisans); Ogi city (I.S.S Rasberry Shipwreck, treasure in-bound for any who can brave the depths)

- Red Rock Isle;
Scarlet City (Whirl cup Coliseum); Diglett Village; Transit Town (Hoothoot Express airport)

- Silver Rock Isle;
Silver Rock Stone (one of the purest and hardest substances in the world); Kasado City; Home to a Top Coordinator; Underwater Cave to Ogi Isle

- Ogi Isle;
Supposedly home to a Lugia

Cianwood City
Points of Interest:
  • Poke-Maniac Kirk
  • Photo Studio
  • Cianwood Pharmacy
  • Poke Seer
  • Black Tyrannitar (Sealed behind the Gym)

Johto Safari Zone

@Hecotoro @Alternate_Mystery @Grand Master Koop

Name: Savannah Wilds Mable
Trainer Class: Battler
Physical Appearance: Savannah has long, messy unkept hair that extends all the way down to her waist. For that reason, its usually tied in a ponytail to at least keep some of that mess in check. Her eyes are a light chestnut color and her hair is a dark shade of brown. Her body is slim but athletic, slight yet visible muscles cover her entire body. Despite her small stature, being only 5 feet tall, Savannah is quite sturdy and has deceptively high physical strength. Unlike the rest of her body, her thighs are noticeably larger.
Clothing: Savannah wears very simple clothing, she's actually barely wearing any at all. A fur wrapping covers her modest chest while pair of black skirted shorts covers her waist to thighs area. The shorts has a 4 pointed yellow star shape sewed on the back, imitating the tail of the Shinx line, while the fur chest has a light brown color that is strangely identical to that of a Tauros' body. A simple pair of dark grey sandals covers her feet.
Personality: Savannah is extremally carefree and very curious, she rarely ever dwells on anything for too long and is always seeking things she finds interesting. She's rather impatient and has a short attention span, is quick to get bored but also easily stimulated. Savannah barely knows any social etiquette, only being aware of the bare minimum of how she should act in public to not get into trouble with law enforcement.
Backstory: Around a decade ago, a small group of people created a settlement in a vast uninhabited savanna in the Kanto Region. Their goal was to set up a small town where people could be more in touch with the wilderness and the pokemon that inhabits it. The wild pokemons were first rather reluctant to make contact with these unfamiliar outsiders. Eventually, a pride lead by a Luxray, the lord of the savanna, decided to attempt first contact with the settlers. However, what awaited the colonizers was a something no one could have ever predicted. Amongst the pride, was a human girl no older than 8 years of age.

This young girl was dubbed Savannah, named after the biome she was found in. Once contact was established, time was spent trying to communicate with the girl found alongside the pack of electric type pokemon. It was difficult at first, due to her having grown up in the wilds with no contact with other people, she didn't have any knowledge of the language human used to speak to one another. Nevertheless, the settlers took the girl in, teaching her how to speak their language as well as other basic knowledge one her age should learn. In just 2 years, Savannah had learned enough to be able to properly communicate with the people of the settlement. As soon as she became able to hold conversations, she was asked where she came from, who her parents were, why she was alone with a pack of pokemon, other questions of the sort. Unfortunately, her answers to all these questions were inconclusive as she had no memory of her time before being with the pride.

Although the settlers couldn't learn much from Savannah, the same couldn't be said of the reverse. The young girl was told stories about the world beyond her wilderness, a world where people and pokemon coexisted and where technological advancement gave birth to concepts beyond her wildest imaginations. This woke up the adventurous spirit laying dormant within the young girl.

A few years later, after receiving the necessary education thanks to the settlers, the young girl from the wilds set off. She aimed to leave her home to explore this vast open world she had been hearing about for the past few years. Joining her is the young son of the leader of her pride, being sent off to find his own place in the world. The duo didn't know what awaited them outside the walls of their home, but hey, that was part of the fun of exploration.

Starter: Zap-Zap
Pokemon: Shinx
Ability: Guts
Moves: Thundershock, Leer, Bite, Charge, Quick Attack, Spark

Alright I'm done with the character I'll be using to join Esther's wacky journey.

Name: Savannah Wilds Mable
Trainer Class: Battler
Physical Appearance: Savannah has long, messy unkept hair that extends all the way down to her waist. For that reason, its usually tied in a ponytail to at least keep some of that mess in check. Her eyes are a light chestnut color and her hair is a dark shade of brown. Her body is slim but athletic, slight yet visible muscles cover her entire body. Despite her small stature, being only 5 feet tall, Savannah is quite sturdy and has deceptively high physical strength. Unlike the rest of her body, her thighs are noticeably larger.
Clothing: Savannah wears very simple clothing, she's actually barely wearing any at all. A fur wrapping covers her modest chest while pair of black skirted shorts covers her waist to thighs area. The shorts has a 4 pointed yellow star shape sewed on the back, imitating the tail of the Shinx line, while the fur chest has a light brown color that is strangely identical to that of a Tauros' body. A simple pair of dark grey sandals covers her feet.
Personality: Savannah is extremally carefree and very curious, she rarely ever dwells on anything for too long and is always seeking things she finds interesting. She's rather impatient and has a short attention span, is quick to get bored but also easily stimulated. Savannah barely knows any social etiquette, only being aware of the bare minimum of how she should act in public to not get into trouble with law enforcement.
Backstory: Around a decade ago, a small group of people created a settlement in a vast uninhabited savanna in the Kanto Region. Their goal was to set up a small town where people could be more in touch with the wilderness and the pokemon that inhabits it. The wild pokemons were first rather reluctant to make contact with these unfamiliar outsiders. Eventually, a pride lead by a Luxray, the lord of the savanna, decided to attempt first contact with the settlers. However, what awaited the colonizers was a something no one could have ever predicted. Amongst the pride, was a human girl no older than 8 years of age.

This young girl was dubbed Savannah, named after the biome she was found in. Once contact was established, time was spent trying to communicate with the girl found alongside the pack of electric type pokemon. It was difficult at first, due to her having grown up in the wilds with no contact with other people, she didn't have any knowledge of the language human used to speak to one another. Nevertheless, the settlers took the girl in, teaching her how to speak their language as well as other basic knowledge one her age should learn. In just 2 years, Savannah had learned enough to be able to properly communicate with the people of the settlement. As soon as she became able to hold conversations, she was asked where she came from, who her parents were, why she was alone with a pack of pokemon, other questions of the sort. Unfortunately, her answers to all these questions were inconclusive as she had no memory of her time before being with the pride.

Although the settlers couldn't learn much from Savannah, the same couldn't be said of the reverse. The young girl was told stories about the world beyond her wilderness, a world where people and pokemon coexisted and where technological advancement gave birth to concepts beyond her wildest imaginations. This woke up the adventurous spirit laying dormant within the young girl.

A few years later, after receiving the necessary education thanks to the settlers, the young girl from the wilds set off. She aimed to leave her home to explore this vast open world she had been hearing about for the past few years. Joining her is the young son of the leader of her pride, being sent off to find his own place in the world. The duo didn't know what awaited them outside the walls of their home, but hey, that was part of the fun of exploration.

Starter: Zap-Zap
Pokemon: Shinx
Ability: Guts
Moves: Thundershock, Leer, Bite, Charge, Quick Attack, Spark

Alright I'm done with the character I'll be using to join Esther's wacky journey.
Accepted o7

Name: Genevieve (No known last name)
Trainer Class: Lost Child

Physical Appearance: Genevieve has very pale skin, and her eyes are slightly different colored, one being grey, the other being white. Her hair is rose blonde, very long, messy, and wispy, going down to her lower back. She is also fairly short, only being around 3'1", and is pretty skinny.

Clothing: Genevieve wears a white/buttercream striped long-sleeved shirt under a pair of overalls with a busted button, the right side of the front drooping down a bit. She wears red socks, and doesn't wear shoes. She has thick framed glasses, but there aren't any lenses in them. Most importantly, she has an absurdly long scarf with many bright and beautiful colors that wraps around her face, going high enough to cover her nose, and the end trailing far enough to nearly touch the ground behind her.

Personality: Genevieve is a very meek individual, not speaking much due to her somewhat anti-social personality. She greatly appreciates the quiet, and very much dislikes removing her scarf, and will actively fight against anyone who does try to remove it. She actively dislikes Pokémon battling, and will refuse to participate in them with her partner.

Backstory: I suggest if you don't want to feel super sad, don't read this.

Genevieve was born in the Shalend region, and was raised by both of her loving parents up to the age of 4. Unfortunately, her mother perished in an accident where a water heater in their home exploded, while she was inspecting it, sacrificing herself to keep Genevieve safe, as she was standing behind her when this happened, being sent to the hospital after this unfortunate accident, being left in a coma. Despite being shielded, she was still gravely injured, her entire face being covered in burns from steam, fire, and water, as well as gashes from shards of metal, wood, and the shattered glass from her glasses. While in the hospital, her father painstakingly knitted a scarf for her, one that extended close to 8 feet long. After 3 months in the hospital, she finally awoke to learn that her father had come down with a sickness, and was now resting in the room next to hers. Within the next week, he had passed away, but before he did, Genevieve made one more visit to him, where in his dying breath he said "My daughter... I love you very much... I made this scarf for you you, to help you fit into the public a little more... but one day, you must learn to outgrow it. You should not and cannot hide from people forever... you are brave, and you can show it. I entrust to you... my lone Pokémon... please, Gen... treat Sam... well...", then went limp. The pure trauma of what had happened to her in such a short amount of time caused her to be unable to process anything, curling up and screaming at her father's bedside, her right eye slowly turning white, going blind in her right eye. After leaving the hospital, single Pokéball in hand, and the scarf wrapped around her face, dragging along the ground, and the clothes on her back. She had slowly begun to befriend her father's Pokémon, Sam, a Phantump, who took a great liking to hiding in its stump and acting as a small wooden crown for her. After trudging along for a few days, she came across a building, one with several people inside... an orphanage basically, run by this nice woman named Celeste, who took great care of her for 2 years, at which point she had turned 7 just a month ago. The orphanage had to be shut down due to a lawsuit from the locals, saying that it was unethical for Celeste to raise them as her own kids when she could have given them to other loving families, and suspected her of child trafficking, meaning Genevieve was once again homeless, but Celeste had one last gift for her: just enough money for her to buy a ticket to someplace safer than where she was. Understanding this, she went to the nearest port and got the cheapest ticket she could, a straight shot to Olivine in Johto. This was worrying for her though... she actively disliked battling, as she was scared she would lose someone else through a freak accident, so income would be a serious issue for her now that there was no one to support her anymore. Upon arriving there, she disliked the noises and bright lights of the port town, and decided to walk a small distance over to Ekruteak. Both her and Sam liked it, quiet, dark, and fittingly somber for her.

Pokemon:
Sam (Phantump):
Level: 15
Ability: Harvest
Nature: Naughty
BR Moves:
Astonish
Leech Seed
Confuse Ray
Tackle
Branch Poke
Disable (Egg)
Grudge (Egg)
Sucker Punch (Egg)

Sticky Fingers (Octillery):
Level: 25
Ability: Sniper
Nature: Gentle
BR Moves:
Lock-On
Bubblebeam
Psybeam
Aurora Beam
Rock Blast
Octozooka
Water Pulse
Gunk Shot
Standby Moves:
Wrap
Water Gun
Helping Hand
Focus Energy

Shalend is a region filled entirely with lush, flowing fields and hills of green, being a much more rural region that primarily focused on agriculture, mostly wheat, tubers, and many other vegetables, along with livestock. Windmills cover the region, and the port town of Droma specialized in fishing and botany. It's a fairly small region, about the size of one of Alola's islands.

Last edited:
Name: Genevieve (No known last name)
Trainer Class: Lost Child

Physical Appearance: Genevieve has very pale skin, and her eyes are slightly different colored, one being grey, the other being white. Her hair is rose blonde, very long, messy, and wispy, going down to her lower back. She is also fairly short, only being around 3'1", and is pretty skinny.

Clothing: Genevieve wears a white/buttercream striped long-sleeved shirt under a pair of overalls with a busted button, the right side of the front drooping down a bit. She wears red socks, and doesn't wear shoes. She has thick framed glasses, but there aren't any lenses in them. Most importantly, she has an absurdly long scarf with many bright and beautiful colors that wraps around her face, going high enough to cover her nose, and the end trailing far enough to nearly touch the ground behind her.

Personality: Genevieve is a very meek individual, not speaking much due to her somewhat anti-social personality. She greatly appreciates the quiet, and very much dislikes removing her scarf, and will actively fight against anyone who does try to remove it. She actively dislikes Pokémon battling, and will refuse to participate in them with her partner.

Backstory: I suggest if you don't want to feel super sad, don't read this.

Genevieve was born in the Shalend region, and was raised by both of her loving parents up to the age of 4. Unfortunately, her mother perished in an accident where a water heater in their home exploded, while she was inspecting it, sacrificing herself to keep Genevieve safe, as she was standing behind her when this happened, being sent to the hospital after this unfortunate accident, being left in a coma. Despite being shielded, she was still gravely injured, her entire face being covered in burns from steam, fire, and water, as well as gashes from shards of metal, wood, and the shattered glass from her glasses. While in the hospital, her father painstakingly knitted a scarf for her, one that extended close to 8 feet long. After 3 months in the hospital, she finally awoke to learn that her father had come down with a sickness, and was now resting in the room next to hers. Within the next week, he had passed away, but before he did, Genevieve made one more visit to him, where in his dying breath he said "My daughter... I love you very much... I made this scarf for you you, to help you fit into the public a little more... but one day, you must learn to outgrow it. You should not and cannot hide from people forever... you are brave, and you can show it. I entrust to you... my lone Pokémon... please, Gen... treat Sam... well...", then went limp. The pure trauma of what had happened to her in such a short amount of time caused her to be unable to process anything, curling up and screaming at her father's bedside, her right eye slowly turning white, going blind in her right eye. After leaving the hospital, single Pokéball in hand, and the scarf wrapped around her face, dragging along the ground, and the clothes on her back. She had slowly begun to befriend her father's Pokémon, Sam, a Phantump, who took a great liking to hiding in its stump and acting as a small wooden crown for her. After trudging along for a few days, she came across a building, one with several people inside... an orphanage basically, run by this nice woman named Celeste, who took great care of her for 3 years, at which point she had turned 8 just a month ago. The orphanage had to be shut down due to a lawsuit from the locals, saying that it was unethical for Celeste to raise them as her own kids when she could have given them to other loving families, and suspected her of child trafficking, meaning Genevieve was once again homeless, but Celeste had one last gift for her: just enough money for her to buy a ticket to someplace safer than where she was. Understanding this, she went to the nearest port and got the cheapest ticket she could, a straight shot to Olivine in Johto. This was worrying for her though... she actively disliked battling, as she was scared she would lose someone else through a freak accident, so income would be a serious issue for her now that there was no one to support her anymore. Upon arriving there, she disliked the noises and bright lights of the port town, and decided to walk a small distance over to Ekruteak. Both her and Sam liked it, quiet, dark, and fittingly somber for her.

Starter: Sam (Phantump)
Ability: Harvest
Moves: Curse, Leech Seed, Branch Poke, Astonish

Shalend is a region filled entirely with lush, flowing fields and hills of green, being a much more rural region that primarily focused on agriculture, mostly wheat, tubers, and many other vegetables, along with livestock. Windmills cover the region, and the port town of Droma specialized in fishing and botany. It's a fairly small region, about the size of one of Alola's islands.
Seven? Lemme check if I put an age limit on OCs...that I didn't u.u

Interesting back story and region! Welcome to the RP!

Hi @GQuasch , what have you got in mind for Genevieve? There aren't any other OCs in the area around Ecruteak and there might not be for quite some time and I wouldn't want you to get left out of things.

Although Ecruteak is along the travel path for @Hecotoro @Grand Master Koop and me, we're heading through the Whirl Islands and to Cianwood first and we have a lot of stops there. We'll be arriving in Johto at Olivine port after leaving Unova, so the earlier opportunity to meet us would be there. (Though I should note that we'll be arriving in Johto sometime in July, which is a month away from the date you have Genevieve at now.)

See

I didn't read very well
I can change things a little, but it probably won't do much sadly since I came in at a bad time. I can change it to July 16th or 17th, but that's probably all I could do to make this work still since Cianwood won't take much time since let's be frank, place don't got nothing.
Well here's the basic itenary we got for our trip from Olivine to Cianwood

Johto Travel Itinerary Part 1. Olivine to Cianwood

Arrive in Olivine City via Olivine Port

Olivine City

Points of Interest:
  • Glitter Lighthouse; lighthouse battle challenge
  • Olivine Cafe; Ball Capsules & Seal Cases
  • Battle Tower
  • Fishing Guru
  • Normal Type Unofficial Gym; Norman (Hoenn) is originally from Olivine, so this is a reference to that.

Route 41
Sea Route; beware whirlpools as you approach whirl Island.

Whirl Islands
- Blue Point Isle;
contains Inland City, Bluefinland, & Blue Lagoon; Whirl Cup Registration (Water-type only tournament); Parade of the Chinchou (July)

- Pudgy Pidgey Isle;
contains Pidgey so fat they can't fly; declared a Pokemon Preserve by the PPA (Pokemon Protection Agency)

- Yellow Rock isle;
Corsola revering society; Megi city (renown Corsola horn artisans); Ogi city (I.S.S Rasberry Shipwreck, treasure in-bound for any who can brave the depths)

- Red Rock Isle;
Scarlet City (Whirl cup Coliseum); Diglett Village; Transit Town (Hoothoot Express airport)

- Silver Rock Isle;
Silver Rock Stone (one of the purest and hardest substances in the world); Kasado City; Home to a Top Coordinator; Underwater Cave to Ogi Isle

- Ogi Isle;
Supposedly home to a Lugia

Cianwood City
Points of Interest:

• Poke-Maniac Kirk
  • Photo Studio
  • Cianwood Pharmacy
  • Poke Seer
  • Black Tyrannitar (Sealed behind the Gym)

Johto Safari Zone

@Hecotoro @Alternate_Mystery @Grand Master Koop
Got a number of interesting areas we could stop at and Cianwood is right next to the Safari Zone so ofc, we gotta go there for a bit.

If I remember correctly @Hecotoro 's character should pass through Ecruteak before she heads to Unova for the Junior World Cup, so if we work out the details then we could probably get Genevieve to travel with her to Unova, and then she could spectate the Junior Cup or something?