• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon Discussion Thread

Bio-Data

Full Name
Format: First Name | Godmother’s name | Relative’s Name | Baptized Name | Last Name
Eléonor Evelyn Maëlys-Amelì Françoise Twdyr

Nickname
Ellen, Nora, Lyn, Eve,

Birth Date
September 21

Birthplace
Camphrier Town (Kalos)

Hometown
Canalave (Sinnoh)

Nationality – Race
Kalosian-Galarian

Physical Features

Hair Color
Flaxen (Light Brown-gold)

Glasses or Contacts
Round-Rimmed Glasses

Eye Color
Dark Brown

Hair Color
Flaxen (Light Brown-gold)

Height
5’ 4”

Weight
123 lbs.

Wardrobe
Elêonor usually wears black, low-cut heel and some slightly lighter variation of lace-up stockings. The dark colors strike a contrast to her pleated skirts, her favorite of which incorporates a silver-red that mimics a Skarmory’s feathers. Completing her standard dress is a simple blouse with flared cuffs, usually unicolor, save for the flared cuffs which may bear the designs of a fairy-type Pokémon or move.

Backstory
Ellen was born in Camphrier Town to a whirlwind of parents—hailing from Kalos and Galar—who brought together, in marriage, a combination of Galarian and Kalosian cultural tendencies which have congealed themselves in their only daughter. This is no coincidence, as her parents are openly patriotic both in public and especially in the privacy of their own home. Seeming to playfully, and almost aggressively, vie for their daughter’s preference in their own culture, Ellen’s parents have affected the raising of a child both bilingual, with proficiencies in English and French, and Bi-mythological, with an avid interest in Kalosian and Galarian mythos.

However, while Ellen has absorbed much from her parents—as the focus of their passion and (sometimes) competition—including her own exuberant passion for the things she enjoys, most of that is subdued beneath a greater desire for paix et calme (peace and quiet). Despite unabashedness in displaying her own interests and tendency to truly wear her passions, Ellen is otherwise quiet and demure. Her loves and interests are displayed in small, but meaningful ways.

Eléonor has a fondness for Steel-types, Fairy-types, and Growlithe.

Pokemon
Starter: Cordélia (Mawile)

Name: Cordéliia
Level: 10
Species: Mawile
Ability: Intimidate

Pokedex Entry: #303 | Deceiver Pokemon

A cunning and terrifying Pokémon, its cuteness makes opponents let down their guard—and then it swallows them whole with its huge jaws.

Description
Cordélia wears a simple bow at the top of her head, tied where the base of her fearsome jaws begins. The fabric is a vibrant ocean-blue and embedded into its center and displayed prominently when knotted, is a faux aquamarine.

Personality
With the often quiet, rarely boisterous, Eléonor as her trainer, Cordelia has grown enough bite to more than make-up for her trainer’s soft bark. While the Mawile commonly mimics her trainer, a picture of composure, offenders beware; beneath the calm lies an assertive, irascible, and spiteful spirit. Seemingly innocuous, her Machiavellian tendencies are helped along by a prodigious talent for acting...as one might expect from the Deceiver Pokémon.

Nature
Impish (+Def || - Sp. Atk)
Dislikes: Dry

Characteristic
Thoroughly Cunning.

Name: Glewlwyd Gafaelfawr (Faw-faw)
Species: Aron
Ability: Heavy Metal

Height
0.5 m | 1 ft 8 in (Average Aron 0.4m)
Weight
125 kg | 275 lbs. (Average Aron 60 kg)

Nature
Naïve (+ Spd. || - Sp. Def)
Dislikes: Bitter

Characteristic
Impetuous and Silly
Name: Litavis
Species: Hippopotas
Ability: Sand Stream

Nature
Calm (+Sp. Def || - Atk)
Dislikes: Spicy

Characteristic
Often Dozes Off
Name: Macha
Species: Skorupi
Ability: Sniper

Nature
Rash (+Sp.Atk || - Sp. Def)
Dislikes: Bitter

Characteristic
A little Quick Tempered
I think that’s another bet I’ve won. Thank you very much. :)

I think that’s another bet I’ve lost. Thank you very much. :)
Fixed it for you
upload_2022-3-6_20-8-24.png

Took too long to re-write some of her Pokemon and decide on how she'd fit in. Nature and personality adjustments for Cordélia and a small change from Cordelia to Cordélia.

I'm gonna be #JohtoGang for a bit

The Blood Wing is the name called by Sophians to the Salamence on Mt. Sorbet?
The Pokedex Entry for Mega Salamence is:
Mega Evolution fuels its brutality, and it may even turn on the Trainer who raised it. It's been dubbed "the blood-soaked crescent."

But even then, normal Salamence's dex entries say it's a brutal and wrathful pokemon who destroys everything around it in rampages. So that's where the Blood Wing came from.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
I've decided to put my application in for the cool kids club.
Name: Wilford "Ford" Pine
Trainer Class: Battler
Physical Appearance: Dirty blond hair and a fair complexion, Wilford stands at an average 5'9(~1.76-1.77 meters) with an unremarkable figure. Not overtly muscular, just enough to avoid appearing malnourished.
Backstory: The Pine family got their start as miners in Sinnoh, due to it's prominent underground. They would mine for evolution stones to be sold to department stores for trainer wide distribution. They eventually began funding other mining projects in other regions, such as a mining exposition for Moon Stones in Kanto's Mount Moon. Wilford's grandfather, the previous owner of the Pine Mining Industry, moved their personal operations to Unova out of an interest in Chargestone Cave, hoping to discover a reservoir of Thunder Stones responsible for the cave's properties. The current owner of the company is Wilford's father, who wanted to become a battler but was pressured to uphold the family business. When Wilford was born, he was unfortunate enough to be born the second child, so he would not inherit the company. Instead, Wilford became a vehicle for his father to live vicariously through. The old man got to work in hiring breeders to breed a team that he would've wanted to use in his youth but never got to. While it's not what Wilford truly wants, he feels that he has no room to protest.
Clothing: In typical rich boy fashion, Wilford sports a black suit with a purple dress shirt beneath it accompanied by an indigo tie and black dress shoes.
Starter(s):
Chimchar
Ability: Iron Fist
Moves: Fire Punch(Egg Move), Thunder Punch(Egg Move), Power-Up Punch(Egg Move), Ember, Fake Out(Egg Move), Helping Hand(Egg Move)
Panpour
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Disarming Voice(Egg Move) Hydro Pump(Egg Move), Scratch, Play Nice, Leer, Lick
Grookey
Ability: Grassy Surge
Moves: Leech Seed(Chain Bred), Fake Out(Chain Bred), Growth(Chain Bred) Branch Poke, Scratch, Growl
Togepi
Ability: Serene Grace
Moves: Tackle, Fairy Wind, Extrasensory(Egg move) Life Dew, Psycho Shift(Egg move)

Last edited:
I've decided to put my application in for the cool kids club.
Name: Wilford "Ford" Pine
Physical Appearance: Dirty blond hair and a fair complexion, Wilford stands at an average 5'9(1.72 meters) with an unremarkable figure. Not overtly muscular, just enough to avoid appearing malnourished.
Backstory: The Pine family got their start as miners in Sinnoh, due to it's prominent underground. They would mine for evolution stones to be sold to department stores for trainer wide distribution. They eventually began funding other mining projects in other regions, such as a mining exposition for Moon Stones in Kanto's Mount Moon. Wilford's grandfather, the previous owner of the Pine Mining Industry, moved their personal operations to Unova out of an interest in Chargestone Cave, hoping to discover a reservoir of Thunder Stones responsible for the cave's properties. The current owner of the company is Wilford's father, who wanted to become a battler but was pressured to uphold the family business. When Wilford was born, he was unfortunate enough to be born the second child, so he would not inherit the company. Instead, Wilford became a vehicle for his father to live vicariously through. The old man got to work in hiring breeders to breed a team that he would've wanted to use in his youth but never got to. While it's not what Wilford truly wants, he feels that he has no room to protest.
Clothing: In typical rich boy fashion, Wilford sports a black suit with a purple dress shirt beneath it accompanied by an indigo tie and black dress shoes.
Starter(s):
Chimchar
Ability: Iron Fist
Moves: Fire Punch(Egg Move), Thunder Punch(Egg Move), Power-Up Punch(Egg Move), Ember, Fake Out(Egg Move), Helping Hand(Egg Move)
Panpour
Moves: Disarming Voice(Egg Move) Hydro Pump(Egg Move), Scratch, Play Nice, Leer, Lick
Grookey
Ability: Grassy Surge
Moves: Leech Seed(Chain Bred), Fake Out(Chain Bred), Growth(Chain Bred) Branch Poke, Scratch, Growl
Togepi
Ability: Serene Grace
Moves: Tackle, Fairy Wind, Extrasensory(Egg move) Life Dew, Psycho Shift(Egg move)
looks good o7

Esther tried to Report Firey's Salamence, and was told that a Hydreigon was causing Problems.
Aye, but Esther had no clue what a Hydreigon is because there aren't any in Oblivia, she figured just like Oblivians called Salamence 'Blood Wing', Galarians might call Salamence 'Hydreigon'.

There are other discrepancies in the conversation which make it clear they're two separate incidents, but she was too embarrassed to catch them. She'll pick up on it later though.

Last edited:
In that case:
Name: Azure Cendria
Physical Appearance: 5'7, blue eyes, blond hair with red ends, slim posture
Clothing: Blue jeans with a yellow, tropical design shirt under a light gray hoodie. Always keeps the hood down. Occasionally he wears a pair of sunglasses but that depends on the weather.
Personality: Optimistic and energetic, seeks the best in everything. Talkative, but sometimes a bit too much, especially to people he's close to.
However, he takes battles very serious and puts all jokes aside.
Backstory: Born in Malie City in Alola but raised in Quatzil Town in the Sandolyn region, he never really got into going on a Pokemon adventure, especially with the lack of a Pokemon League in his home region. Over the first four years after his 10th birthday, a Pokemon league was built from the ground up. But Azure never felt the motivation to go and challenge the gyms. However, since the creation and start of the World Coronation Series, he started seeing the fun that hides in an adventure. His goal is to travel through Sandolyn, catching Pokemon along the way, before returning to his birth region of Alola. However, he has an eye on the Galar region, as it's the most interesting region in the World Coronation Series. After recieving his starter from his grandmother on his 16th birthday which he celebrated in Alola, he decided it was time.
Starter: Grubbin, not a Pokemon given to him by a Professor, but by his grandmother, who still lives in Alola. It was given to him on his 16th birthday as a push in the back towards starting his adventure.

Kinda lame for me to seperate myself into my own region haha but i've lived with the region's idea for... let's see... 6 years. I am not kidding.
So I just want to have a bit of fun and then i'll see later if i'm going to go to another region. Plus my own region makes for easier interaction with characters like gym leaders.

In that case:
Name: Azure Cendria
Physical Appearance: 5'7, blue eyes, blond hair with red ends, slim posture
Clothing: Blue jeans with a yellow, tropical design shirt under a light gray hoodie. Always keeps the hood down. Occasionally he wears a pair of sunglasses but that depends on the weather.
Personality: Optimistic and energetic, seeks the best in everything. Talkative, but sometimes a bit too much, especially to people he's close to.
However, he takes battles very serious and puts all jokes aside.
Backstory: Born in Malie City in Alola but raised in Quatzil Town in the Sandolyn region, he never really got into going on a Pokemon adventure, especially with the lack of a Pokemon League in his home region. Over the first four years after his 10th birthday, a Pokemon league was built from the ground up. But Azure never felt the motivation to go and challenge the gyms. However, since the creation and start of the World Coronation Series, he started seeing the fun that hides in an adventure. His goal is to travel through Sandolyn, catching Pokemon along the way, before returning to his birth region of Alola. However, he has an eye on the Galar region, as it's the most interesting region in the World Coronation Series. After recieving his starter from his grandmother on his 16th birthday which he celebrated in Alola, he decided it was time.
Starter: Grubbin, not a Pokemon given to him by a Professor, but by his grandmother, who still lives in Alola. It was given to him on his 16th birthday as a push in the back towards starting his adventure.

Kinda lame for me to seperate myself into my own region haha but i've lived with the region's idea for... let's see... 6 years. I am not kidding.
So I just want to have a bit of fun and then i'll see later if i'm going to go to another region. Plus my own region makes for easier interaction with characters like gym leaders.
Looks good, just provide relevant information on the region so we know how it fits into the wider world.

The Sandolyn Region is a fairly straightforward region with not a lot of quirks, apart fom the fact the desert is seperated into an island due to being split by a large river going around it. Quatzil Town lies in its south-east. On the mainland you can find multiple mountains, but the biggest one is the twin peak of Hakor Mountain, of which one peak is a volcano. In the east, you can find an area blanketed in snow and ice. This area's Nalazo City hosts the Sandolyn Castle, however due to the city's geography, the northern city of Telony was chosen to function as it's capital. Another notable feature is it's distant Seashore Island, a tropical destination featuring a gym and a jungle.
Sandolyn doesn't lie specifically close to any region, but Seashore Island is a two hour flight away from the Alola Region. The region has taken some inspiration from other regions and certain cities have contest halls. There's also a battle royale stadium available.
Sandolyn doesn't utilise dynamax but some gym leaders and other strong trainers use mega evolution.
I currently can't think of much more to say haha

Here be thy character :3
Name: Ace Greenheart
Height: 5'3
Trainer Class: Strategist, Veteran
Physical Appearance: Medium Brown hair, blue eyes
Clothing: Forest green Jacket, Baseball cap w/ Eevee head symbol on front, Navy blue jeans
Personality: Calm and Brave
Backstory: Though born in Viridian City, Ace was brought to Turfield at a very young age which made him believe for a short time that he was born in Galar. Ace, ever since he was a child, aspired to be a trainer as strong as Champion Cynthia. Throughout his childhood he would watch and rewatch all of Cynthia’s battles almost daily, and also as he grew up, started researching Cynthia's battle style. At the age of 5 was when Ace received his first pokemon as a birthday gift, an Eevee which Ace named Evan. Evan was Ace’s best friend in the whole world to him, as he would take Evan wherever he went. When ace isn't battling or training with his pokemon, he's either exploring regions or helping Milo in Turfiled.
Eevee
Name:Evan
Personality: Confident and brave
Moves known: 1. Swift 2. Last Resort 3. Baton Pass 4. Return 5. Hyper Voice 6. Iron Tail 7. Double Team
Ability: Adaptability

Alcremie-Ruby-Swirl
Name: Ruby
Personality: Shy and Calm
Moves known: 1. Decorate 2. Misty Terrain 3. Recover 4. Draining kiss 5. Aromatherapy 6. Acid Armor 7. Safeguard
Ability: Sweet Veil

Chesnaught
Name: Spike
Personality: Brave and Serious
Moves: 1. Spiky Shield 2. Power up Punch 3. Dragon Claw 4. Seed Bomb 5. Vine whip 6. Bulk up 7. Wood hammer 8. Swords Dance

Garchomp
Name: Scrap Claw
Personality: serious and rough
Moves: 1. Sandstorm 2. Earthquake 3. Dragon Claw 4. Iron Tail 5. Dragon Rush 6. Swords Dance 7. Sand Tomb

Oranguru
Personality: quiet and calm
Moves: 1. Trick room 2. Calm mind 3. Psychic 4. Quash 5. Substitute 6. Stored Power

Leafeon
Name: Forest
Moves: 1. Sunny Day 2. Solar Blade 3.Synthesis 4. Leech seed 5. Bullet seed 6. Leaf blade 5. Razor Leaf 6. Seed bomb

Here be thy character :3
Name: Ace Greenheart
Height: 5'3
Trainer Class: Strategist, Veteran
Physical Appearance: Medium Brown hair, blue eyes
Clothing: Forest green Jacket, Baseball cap w/ Eevee head symbol on front, Navy blue jeans
Personality: Calm and Brave
Backstory: Though born in Viridian City, Ace was brought to Turfield at a very young age which made him believe for a short time that he was born in Galar. Ace, ever since he was a child, aspired to be a trainer as strong as Champion Cynthia. Throughout his childhood he would watch and rewatch all of Cynthia’s battles almost daily, and also as he grew up, started researching Cynthia's battle style. At the age of 5 was when Ace received his first pokemon as a birthday gift, an Eevee which Ace named Evan. Evan was Ace’s best friend in the whole world to him, as he would take Evan wherever he went. When ace isn't battling or training with his pokemon, he's either exploring regions or helping Milo in Turfiled.
Eevee
Name:Evan
Personality: Confident and brave
Moves known: 1. Swift 2. Last Resort 3. Baton Pass 4. Return 5. Hyper Voice 6. Iron Tail 7. Double Team
Ability: Adaptability

Alcremie-Ruby-Swirl
Name: Ruby
Personality: Shy and Calm
Moves known: 1. Decorate 2. Misty Terrain 3. Recover 4. Draining kiss 5. Aromatherapy 6. Acid Armor 7. Safeguard
Ability: Sweet Veil

Chesnaught
Name: Spike
Personality: Brave and Serious
Moves: 1. Spiky Shield 2. Power up Punch 3. Dragon Claw 4. Seed Bomb 5. Vine whip 6. Bulk up 7. Wood hammer 8. Swords Dance

Garchomp
Name: Scrap Claw
Personality: serious and rough
Moves: 1. Sandstorm 2. Earthquake 3. Dragon Claw 4. Iron Tail 5. Dragon Rush 6. Swords Dance 7. Sand Tomb

Oranguru
Personality: quiet and calm
Moves: 1. Trick room 2. Calm mind 3. Psychic 4. Quash 5. Substitute 6. Stored Power

Leafeon
Name: Forest
Moves: 1. Sunny Day 2. Solar Blade 3.Synthesis 4. Leech seed 5. Bullet seed 6. Leaf blade 5. Razor Leaf 6. Seed bomb
Looks good, welcome to the R7 o7

So now that Ace's introductory arc is starting to end, I'm hoping to get in some interactions with you guys. The only thing is, I can't decide where to take Ace and his group. So that's where you guys come in. Please vote in this poll as to where you guys want Ace to go/if you'd like an interaction with him! I've included a number of past places so that there's a range of places for him to go. Forgive me if I haven't included EVERYWHERE but there's a lot of places already mentioned in this RP!

Here's the poll: https://strawpoll.com/polls/40ZmdM264ga

Thanks for voting! I'm really indecisive regarding where Ace should go!

So I looked at the Poll and it's a tie between Union Cave and Motorstoke City, so i'm gonna post a new poll that will wittle it down between these two. I need one winner so I know where Ace is going:

Poll Results: Only 5 people voted. I know there's more of you, but i'm going to accept this as the result. Ace and his newly formed gang of 'friends' will go to Galar. I'll probably have him go to Johto after that but we'll see narratively where this goes.

Last edited:
So I looked at the Poll and it's a tie between Union Cave and Motorstoke City, so i'm gonna post a new poll that will wittle it down between these two. I need one winner so I know where Ace is going:

Poll Results: Only 5 people voted. I know there's more of you, but i'm going to accept this as the result. Ace and his newly formed gang of 'friends' will go to Galar. I'll probably have him go to Johto after that but we'll see narratively where this goes.
fufu~ then I'll see you in Galar.

Name: Marx O'Donovan

Physical Appearance: Marx has brown hair, blue eyes and a round face. He is 5'7"ft and has a particularly slim build.

Clothing: Marx wears Fingerless gloves, a red hoodie jacket with a black t-shirt under it, blue jeans, blue and white sneakers and goggles.

Personality: Marx is pretty much a geek and Loves pokemon, he can be really social and friendly towards, but doesn't like human to human conflict all to much. Marx sometimes bites his thumb when he's nervous or doesn't know how to handle a situation. Most of the time Marx is pretty calm and collected and can come up with strategies if given the right amount time.

Backstory: (optional)

Pokemon:
Name: Vee
Species: Eevee

Name: Kyu
Species: Froakie

Name: Atlas
Species: Kirlia
Ability: Synchronize

Name: Chomps
Species: Gible
Ability: Sand Veil

Name: Scyther
Species: Scyther
Ability: Technician

Name: Terra
Species: Turtwig
Ability: Overgrow

Name: Marx O'Donovan

Physical Appearance: Marx has brown hair, blue eyes and a round face. He is 5'7"ft and has a particularly slim build.

Clothing: Marx wears Fingerless gloves, a red hoodie jacket with a black t-shirt under it, blue jeans, blue and white sneakers and goggles.

Personality: Marx is pretty much a geek and Loves pokemon, he can be really social and friendly towards, but doesn't like human to human conflict all to much. Marx sometimes bites his thumb when he's nervous or doesn't know how to handle a situation. Most of the time Marx is pretty calm and collected and can come up with strategies if given the right amount time.

Backstory: (optional)

Pokemon:
Name: Vee
Species: Eevee

Name: Kyu
Species: Froakie

Name: Atlas
Species: Kirlia
Ability: Synchronize

Name: Chomps
Species: Gible