• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon Discussion Thread

Since Hisuian forms are fair game but moves and stats in Legends Arceus work differently, there'll be some adaption to balance the moves. We'll balance moves as we get there, but first off, Victory Dance. In Legends Arceus it increases atk and def stat and then further boosts damage by 50%. Since this is completely broken, for the sake of RP it will tentatively be a physical version of Quiver Dance. Meaning, it'll increase Attack, Defense, and Speed by one stage.

What's the method for obtaining Hisuians?
There are a variety of methods open to you:

1. The standard method of finding a Fossil and reviving it.

2. We have access to Unown Shenanigans, so inside ruins groups of Unown can be used to produce strange effects as shown in the 3rd Pokemon Movie. They aren't allowed to create legendary Pokemon since that would require staff approval, but using them to create other Pokemon and environments is A-Okay.

3. There are locations in the anime where Fossil Pokemon are known to roam, so it's not a stretch to say that PokeScientists could've preserved or revived a Hisuian Form and have them in a reserve of some sort.

4. If you think of another way that makes sense and doesn't violate any rules, then you're good to use that as well.

Here's my evil team

Name: Mischief Makers
Goal: Make mischief.
Members: Redton, Bob, Blueton, Whiteton, Pinkton.
Background: In the beautiful land of Driftveil City, a woman gave birth to 5 beautiful, babies. The impact was too much though and she died. With no father to claim the newly born, probably because he wasn't ready for five children, they were placed up for adoption. Oh the Driftveil home for leftover kids loved having them around, until they learned to walk. The five babies were unstoppable. They were surprisingly good at flinging poop, throwing up over other people's shoes and flushing important things down the toilet. As they got older their pranks became worse, working as a team, they even managed to lock every adult out of the facility for an entire night. Ten years, ten horrible years, they lived in their temporary home, causing endless caretakers to quit throughout their time there, until one day, they were old enough to go on their own Pokemon journey. Of course, they pulled one last prank, that involved having the orphanage sold and leaving the residents searching for a new home.

Their journey started out, a bit different. They didn't get a starter Pokemon, since they figured the right Pokemon would come to them one day. The five kids traveled on through Unova, using their streets smarts to pickpocket, forge signatures, and even cheat people into paying for them or giving them money. There were days where they had to camp out in the woods and others where they slept in five star hotels. They were having so much fun that they had forgotten what they were supposed to be doing, becoming Pokemon trainers. Unfortunately, they had began to gain too much attention, which meant they needed a fresh start. For the first time in world wide history, the quintuplets, split up.

Redton and Bob went to Kanto, hoping to become top Pokemon trainers, Blueton went solo to Kalos, trying to get involved in the fashion industry and finally Pinkton and Whiteton went to Hoenn, where they enjoyed a few years of holidays in the sun. Finally, after years of working, training and chilling, the team decided to meet up. The years had been pretty bad for most of them. Redton and Bob couldn't get more than four badges, Blueton never finished school or got a job in fashion, Whiteton felt he had wasted his life which caused depression and Pinkton, well she become a swimsuit model and was actually pretty happy. They realized however, that separated they were nothing, but together, they were something special. So, the Mischief Makers were born.

The team no longer needed to be accepted by society, they were going to do what they wanted and when they wanted. Each one of them carried one Pokemon, because that is all they needed. They moved from region to region, stealing, gambling, and even getting involved in dangerous groups. They now travel the world, tricking trainers into taking their Pokemon so they can be sold later on, taking money and mostly, just making a mess of things. They could strike anywhere, anytime and maybe, just maybe, the next victim, might be you.

Bob:
The leader of the group, has a more mature way of acting, but can flip to the total opposite in a second.
Pokemon: Ivysaur
Redton:
The more violent one of the group, can get easily irritated.
Pokemon: Ariados
Blueton:
The more relaxed one of the group.
Pokemon: Tentacruel
Whiteton:
The brains of the team, basically a weeb who simps for anyone who shows any affection. Loves watching Naruto.
Pokemon: Roserade
Pinkton:
The girl of the group, vicious when angry and an angel when she feels like it.
Pokemon: Galarian Slowking

Physical looks: The boys all look the same. A height of about 5'11 and weight approximately 180 lbs. They all have the same haircut, a short cut with straight hair. They each have their hair dyed in a different color, in case you didn't figure it out, here it goes: Redton red, Blueton Blue, Whiteton white, Bob green. They have a thin built, black eyes and a pearly white smile. Besides that, they are pretty average looking. Pinkton stands out a bit more, long pink hair and a model body. She is 5"7 and weights 140lbs.

And I didn't know what other info to include, let me know what's missing.

Here's my evil team

Name: Mischief Makers
Goal: Make mischief.
Members: Redton, Bob, Blueton, Whiteton, Pinkton.
Background: In the beautiful land of Driftveil City, a woman gave birth to 5 beautiful, babies. The impact was too much though and she died. With no father to claim the newly born, probably because he wasn't ready for five children, they were placed up for adoption. Oh the Driftveil home for leftover kids loved having them around, until they learned to walk. The five babies were unstoppable. They were surprisingly good at flinging poop, throwing up over other people's shoes and flushing important things down the toilet. As they got older their pranks became worse, working as a team, they even managed to lock every adult out of the facility for an entire night. Ten years, ten horrible years, they lived in their temporary home, causing endless caretakers to quit throughout their time there, until one day, they were old enough to go on their own Pokemon journey. Of course, they pulled one last prank, that involved having the orphanage sold and leaving the residents searching for a new home.

Their journey started out, a bit different. They didn't get a starter Pokemon, since they figured the right Pokemon would come to them one day. The five kids traveled on through Unova, using their streets smarts to pickpocket, forge signatures, and even cheat people into paying for them or giving them money. There were days where they had to camp out in the woods and others where they slept in five star hotels. They were having so much fun that they had forgotten what they were supposed to be doing, becoming Pokemon trainers. Unfortunately, they had began to gain too much attention, which meant they needed a fresh start. For the first time in world wide history, the quintuplets, split up.

Redton and Bob went to Kanto, hoping to become top Pokemon trainers, Blueton went solo to Kalos, trying to get involved in the fashion industry and finally Pinkton and Whiteton went to Hoenn, where they enjoyed a few years of holidays in the sun. Finally, after years of working, training and chilling, the team decided to meet up. The years had been pretty bad for most of them. Redton and Bob couldn't get more than four badges, Blueton never finished school or got a job in fashion, Whiteton felt he had wasted his life which caused depression and Pinkton, well she become a swimsuit model and was actually pretty happy. They realized however, that separated they were nothing, but together, they were something special. So, the Mischief Makers were born.

The team no longer needed to be accepted by society, they were going to do what they wanted and when they wanted. Each one of them carried one Pokemon, because that is all they needed. They moved from region to region, stealing, gambling, and even getting involved in dangerous groups. They now travel the world, tricking trainers into taking their Pokemon so they can be sold later on, taking money and mostly, just making a mess of things. They could strike anywhere, anytime and maybe, just maybe, the next victim, might be you.

Bob:
The leader of the group, has a more mature way of acting, but can flip to the total opposite in a second.
Pokemon: Ivysaur
Redton:
The more violent one of the group, can get easily irritated.
Pokemon: Ariados
Blueton:
The more relaxed one of the group.
Pokemon: Tentacruel
Whiteton:
The brains of the team, basically a weeb who simps for anyone who shows any affection. Loves watching Naruto.
Pokemon: Roserade
Pinkton:
The girl of the group, vicious when angry and an angel when she feels like it.
Pokemon: Galarian Slowking

Physical looks: The boys all look the same. A height of about 5'11 and weight approximately 180 lbs. They all have the same haircut, a short cut with straight hair. They each have their hair dyed in a different color, in case you didn't figure it out, here it goes: Redton red, Blueton Blue, Whiteton white, Bob green. They have a thin built, black eyes and a pearly white smile. Besides that, they are pretty average looking. Pinkton stands out a bit more, long pink hair and a model body. She is 5"7 and weights 140lbs.

And I didn't know what other info to include, let me know what's missing.
Smh, everyone out to speed run getting arrested. Well, accepted! Have fun and try not to commit crimes too blatantly.

Since Hisuian forms are fair game but moves and stats in Legends Arceus work differently, there'll be some adaption to balance the moves. We'll balance moves as we get there, but first off, Victory Dance. In Legends Arceus it increases atk and def stat and then further boosts damage by 50%. Since this is completely broken, for the sake of RP it will tentatively be a physical version of Quiver Dance. Meaning, it'll increase Attack, Defense, and Speed by one stage.

Sounds good.

Black Fungus were originally a small gang that originated partially in the Westono region around the time the Westono region started doing their tournaments. They were known for harassing the tournament at Tarius City and sending their own members into the competition. Only recently have they begun to acquire thugs and more typical criminals into their organization, which was previously thought existinct. Specializing in Grass, poison, dark and ghost types, as well as all mushroom Pokemon, they eventually became one of the most well known gangs from Westono. They also love Pokemon that can transform or create an illusion. They were driven out but continued to thrive in all of the other regions. During an international police crack down, their bases were raided and destroyed. Their leader, Angus, fled to the Unova region, where he became a kingpin in Castelia and Virbank cities mainly, sporting an Amoongus mascot. Angus funded several members during the Westono region Tarius tournament. During several years of brutal gang war, Black Fungus were finally driven out of their hideouts in Unova and Angus was last seen fleeing to Kanto in a helicopter. He eventually managed to keep his wealth and hide out somewhere in the Kanto region, paying for hired goons, more specifically cue balls and thugs of the kind you'd see near Fushcia and Celadon cities. He also funded several scientific projects observing and experimenting on Paras and Parasect, which were stolen from Mt.Moon in an event which was big news in Kanto. Back in Unova, the police forces who were proud of what they had achieved were caught off guard when they discovered Black Fungus had a connection to one of the chief officers, a man named Arnold. Arnold was also funding several other smaller gangs. A brutal civil war saw the police forces cut in half over the space of a few months as Arnold was weeded out and he left the force with many other officers who were arrested. Arnold's whereabouts were unknown...until now. He has been sighted in the company of Angus, running back to him and becoming a right hand man. The team also took into their arms a small child from Kanto, the girl Layla, who was about to fall into a ravine from a tree. Angus saved her, which was a publicity stunt to show he had changed his ways. He saved her and her Oddish, which quickly became a Vileplume. Layla has plans to join the Tarius City tournament. Little do people know that Layla's body is unstable and that she is actually a Ditto born in the Grand Ditto Hotel...but she doesn't seem to be aware of it. The publicity stunts in Kanto made Angus more respected but his current location changes every day. He is planning something and Ace has stumbled into it. There is probably some sort of commander left in Hoenn who has a Breloom too. The team was also known to extort nasty chemicals and drugs to places illegally.

@Lich can I fight the Black Fungus and if so, how dangerous are they to a mid level trainer, with a team around level 30 ish
Their goons at the lower level would be quite easy to defeat in a Pokemon battle. A lot of them in Kanto right now are of the cue ball type thug so they'd probably have the same levels as the thugs you actually fight in the games around the Fuschia and Celadon city areas. They are more on the muscular physical side, meaning they're better with their fists then in a Pokemon battle. Their higher ups, mainly Angus and one or two of their commanders would be harder to defeat. Their teams tend to be poison, grass or dark orientated so they'd be fairly easy to defeat so long as you've got at least a good few battles under your belt and the right mons. A good fire type starter and/or fighting type could wreck their team quite easily. Their Scientists don't certainly fight.

Anyone in the Premier rank and above should be able to defeat their grunts, Great for their leaders and more admin positions. Anyone else can be defeated by those of lower ranks if they really try. Some might have difficulty beating them if you're at the Ultra rank but a Master Rank, former champion or Frontier Brain should be able to sweep them if they are able to maneovure around their tactics.

Black Fungus were originally a small gang that originated partially in the Westono region around the time the Westono region started doing their tournaments. They were known for harassing the tournament at Tarius City and sending their own members into the competition. Only recently have they begun to acquire thugs and more typical criminals into their organization, which was previously thought existinct. Specializing in Grass, poison, dark and ghost types, as well as all mushroom Pokemon, they eventually became one of the most well known gangs from Westono. They also love Pokemon that can transform or create an illusion. They were driven out but continued to thrive in all of the other regions. During an international police crack down, their bases were raided and destroyed. Their leader, Angus, fled to the Unova region, where he became a kingpin in Castelia and Virbank cities mainly, sporting an Amoongus mascot. Angus funded several members during the Westono region Tarius tournament. During several years of brutal gang war, Black Fungus were finally driven out of their hideouts in Unova and Angus was last seen fleeing to Kanto in a helicopter. He eventually managed to keep his wealth and hide out somewhere in the Kanto region, paying for hired goons, more specifically cue balls and thugs of the kind you'd see near Fushcia and Celadon cities. He also funded several scientific projects observing and experimenting on Paras and Parasect, which were stolen from Mt.Moon in an event which was big news in Kanto. Back in Unova, the police forces who were proud of what they had achieved were caught off guard when they discovered Black Fungus had a connection to one of the chief officers, a man named Arnold. Arnold was also funding several other smaller gangs. A brutal civil war saw the police forces cut in half over the space of a few months as Arnold was weeded out and he left the force with many other officers who were arrested. Arnold's whereabouts were unknown...until now. He has been sighted in the company of Angus, running back to him and becoming a right hand man. The team also took into their arms a small child from Kanto, the girl Layla, who was about to fall into a ravine from a tree. Angus saved her, which was a publicity stunt to show he had changed his ways. He saved her and her Oddish, which quickly became a Vileplume. Layla has plans to join the Tarius City tournament. Little do people know that Layla's body is unstable and that she is actually a Ditto born in the Grand Ditto Hotel...but she doesn't seem to be aware of it. The publicity stunts in Kanto made Angus more respected but his current location changes every day. He is planning something and Ace has stumbled into it. There is probably some sort of commander left in Hoenn who has a Breloom too. The team was also known to extort nasty chemicals and drugs to places illegally.
I question how someone could be a Ditto and have no one realize it, not even themselves; might require some further explanation.

Everything else looks pretty good. Be aware that publicity stunts don't make up for crimes committed :v

I question how someone could be a Ditto and have no one realize it, not even themselves; might require some further explanation.

Everything else looks pretty good. Be aware that publicity stunts don't make up for crimes committed :v
Looks like Kyuu hasn't seen Detective Pikachu :v
Nerp, is there a similar situation in the movie?
And I STILL haven't watched Detective Pikachu. I assume a big plot twist is that one of the main characters is actually a ditto?

You guys haven't watched detective Pikachu?! Yeah there's a character who walks around the entire movie and turns out to be a Ditto.
Ugh...I KNEW I shoulda watched it. I've heard its good. This does ring a bell even if it sounds like a "SPOILER ALERT!!!" moment. Would the Detective Pikachu world be the same world? That is the question. But I swear i've heard of other sources having Dittos disguised as a human?

Ugh...I KNEW I shoulda watched it. I've heard its good. This does ring a bell even if it sounds like a "SPOILER ALERT!!!" moment. Would the Detective Pikachu world be the same world? That is the question. But I swear i've heard of other sources having Dittos disguised as a human?
I don’t think there’s anything saying a Ditto can’t be human. It’s just that they could be exposed when they actually have to speak I guess. Since I don’t think Ditto can speak in human form.

I don’t think there’s anything saying a Ditto can’t be human. It’s just that they could be exposed when they actually have to speak I guess. Since I don’t think Ditto can speak in human form.
Yeah...that sounds right. So the girl would have to be speaking in the Pokemon language instead...so saying 'Ditto Ditto' every 5 seconds rather than 'where are my parents?'

Yeah the person in Detective Pikachu doesn't talk all during the movie. But they are supposed to be in a similar universe, can't say it's the same one, but they have the same regions since you see posters of the Sinnoh League in the background.
It takes place in a city where they banned Pokemon battles, so Pokemon have like casual jobs working along with humans.

Bio-Data

Full Name
Format: First Name | Godmother’s name | Relative’s Name | Baptized Name | Last Name
Eléonor Evelyn Maëlys-Amelì Françoise Twdyr

Nickname
Ellen, Nora, Lyn, Eve,

Birth Date
September 21

Birthplace
Camphrier Town (Kalos)

Hometown
Canalave (Sinnoh)

Nationality – Race
Kalosian-Galarian

Physical Features

Hair Color
Flaxen (Light Brown-gold)

Glasses or Contacts
Round-Rimmed Glasses

Eye Color
Dark Brown

Hair Color
Flaxen (Light Brown-gold)

Height
5’ 4”

Weight
123 lbs.

Wardrobe
Elêonor usually wears black, low-cut heel and some slightly lighter variation of lace-up stockings. The dark colors strike a contrast to her pleated skirts, her favorite of which incorporates a silver-red that mimics a Skarmory’s feathers. Completing her standard dress is a simple blouse with flared cuffs, usually unicolor, save for the flared cuffs which may bear the designs of a fairy-type Pokémon or move.

Backstory
Ellen was born in Camphrier Town to a whirlwind of parents—hailing from Kalos and Galar—who brought together, in marriage, a combination of Galarian and Kalosian cultural tendencies which have congealed themselves in their only daughter. This is no coincidence, as her parents are openly patriotic both in public and especially in the privacy of their own home. Seeming to playfully, and almost aggressively, vie for their daughter’s preference in their own culture, Ellen’s parents have affected the raising of a child both bilingual, with proficiencies in English and French, and Bi-mythological, with an avid interest in Kalosian and Galarian mythos.

However, while Ellen has absorbed much from her parents—as the focus of their passion and (sometimes) competition—including her own exuberant passion for the things she enjoys, most of that is subdued beneath a greater desire for paix et calme (peace and quiet). Despite unabashedness in displaying her own interests and tendency to truly wear her passions, Ellen is otherwise quiet and demure. Her loves and interests are displayed in small, but meaningful ways.

Eléonor has a fondness for Steel-types, Fairy-types, and Growlithe.

Pokemon
Starter: Cordélia (Mawile)

Name: Cordéliia
Level: 10
Species: Mawile
Ability: Intimidate

Pokedex Entry: #303 | Deceiver Pokemon

A cunning and terrifying Pokémon, its cuteness makes opponents let down their guard—and then it swallows them whole with its huge jaws.

Description
Cordélia wears a simple bow at the top of her head, tied where the base of her fearsome jaws begins. The fabric is a vibrant ocean-blue and embedded into its center and displayed prominently when knotted, is a faux aquamarine.

Personality
With the often quiet, rarely boisterous, Eléonor as her trainer, Cordelia has grown enough bite to more than make-up for her trainer’s soft bark. While the Mawile commonly mimics her trainer, a picture of composure, offenders beware; beneath the calm lies an assertive, irascible, and spiteful spirit. Seemingly innocuous, her Machiavellian tendencies are helped along by a prodigious talent for acting...as one might expect from the Deceiver Pokémon.

Nature
Impish (+Def || - Sp. Atk)
Dislikes: Dry

Characteristic
Thoroughly Cunning.

Name: Glewlwyd Gafaelfawr (Faw-faw)
Species: Aron
Ability: Heavy Metal

Height
0.5 m | 1 ft 8 in (Average Aron 0.4m)
Weight
125 kg | 275 lbs. (Average Aron 60 kg)

Nature
Naïve (+ Spd. || - Sp. Def)
Dislikes: Bitter

Characteristic
Impetuous and Silly
Name: Litavis
Species: Hippopotas
Ability: Sand Stream

Nature
Calm (+Sp. Def || - Atk)
Dislikes: Spicy

Characteristic
Often Dozes Off
Name: Macha
Species: Skorupi
Ability: Sniper

Nature
Rash (+Sp.Atk || - Sp. Def)
Dislikes: Bitter

Characteristic
A little Quick Tempered

Yeah...that sounds right. So the girl would have to be speaking in the Pokemon language instead...so saying 'Ditto Ditto' every 5 seconds rather than 'where are my parents?'
I dunno how no one figured out she was a Ditto if she was only saying 'Ditto Ditto' all the time; but I mean if Meowth can learn human language there probably isn't much stopping a Ditto from doing the same. The confusing part is just where no one, not even her, realizes she's a Ditto.