• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon Discussion Thread

Go right on ahead o7
Here goes nothin'!
Name: Kai and Maia Medashi

Trainer Class: Breeder/Trainer & Coordinator

Physical Appearance:
HD-wallpaper-anime-siblings-anime-sisters-friend-anime-brother-anime.jpg

Clothing: Most often dressed as if prepped for a formal event, both wear a white collared shirt with a silk tie underneath a black suit jacket embroidered with the family insignia on the chest pocket, and a plaid skirt or dress pants respectively. Maia adorns a baby blue tie, while Kai dawns a red one.

Personality: Kai is a standoffish and somewhat arrogant lad who isn't afraid to put his money where his mouth is. With a slightly averse attitude to those of the lower class, he often finds himself looking down on others and berating them with rude remarks about just how much better he is. On a deeper level, he has a stronger sense of honor and pride and will usually stand on the side of good when push comes to shove. Keeping his attitude in check is the younger, and much sweeter, Maia. A kind and elegant little girl, she is a socialite and frequently drags her brother into situations he is very uncomfortable with. Curious about the world, she is always on the move and looking for the next adventure or friend to meet. The pair are nearly inseparable, and have been known to protest vehemently against separation.

Backstory: Born to a wealthy and well-renound family famous in the Sinnoh region for breeding exceptionally rare Pokémon for high-end clients, the Medashi siblings had an easygoing and prosperous childhood. Spending most of their time being looked after by nannies and servants, the two rarely got the chance to see their parents, who spent majority of their lives running their lucrative business. Four years ago, the pair lost their parents in an incident involving an enraged Luxray that supposedly electrocuted the Medashi's to their end. Leaving behind a wealthy company with no-one to run it, the Medashi's lawyers shut down the operation and Kai recieved the lump sum of his parents inheritance, on the condition he always care for his younger sister. With more than enough money to blow, the duo has spent the time since their parents passing traveling the world, visiting multiple regions and bonding as siblings in the process. Now, Maia has goals to become the world's top coordinator, as Kai seeks to become a breeder and restart his parents company.

Starter: Kai obtained a (shiny pls?) Absol named Riven in the inheritance, who stands as his sole partner Pokémon. Maia purchased an egg in Kanto a year after her parents passing, which hatched into a Togepi she aptly named Togi.
Absol (Super Luck): Night Slash, Zen Headbutt, Blizzard, Shadowball
Togepi (Serene Grace): Life Dew, Protect, Yawn, Metronome

Disclaimers: I would love to have a shiny Absol for Kai, purely for aesthetic reasons but I understand if that's a no-go. As a sacrifice I was going to have him start off with only said Absol, and I figure it kinda fits his backstory. As for them having a massive lumpsum inheritance at hand, I will leave it up to a mod or someone with authority decide how much they have and if necessary I'm fine with them being near dead broke after traveling the world for a bit. As of now I'd like for them to have been born in Sinnoh and have visited Kanto, Johto, Unova, Hoenn, and Kalos but obviously not have an extensive amount of knowledge on said regions because it was a visit not them living there. If any changes need made, let me know!

Last edited:
Here goes nothin'!

Physical Appearance:
View attachment 947257

Clothing: Most often dressed as if prepped for a formal event, both wear a white collared shirt with a silk tie underneath a black suit jacket embroidered with the family insignia on the chest pocket, and a plaid skirt or dress pants respectively. Maia adorns a baby blue tie, while Kai dawns a red one.

Personality: Kai is a standoffish and somewhat arrogant lad who isn't afraid to put his money where his mouth is. With a slightly averse attitude to those of the lower class, he often finds himself looking down on others and berating them with rude remarks about just how much better he is. On a deeper level, he has a stronger sense of honor and pride and will usually stand on the side of good when push comes to shove. Keeping his attitude in check is the younger, and much sweeter, Maia. A kind and elegant little girl, she is a socialite and frequently drags her brother into situations he is very uncomfortable with. Curious about the world, she is always on the move and looking for the next adventure or friend to meet. The pair are nearly inseparable, and have been known to protest vehemently against separation.

Backstory: Born to a wealthy and well-renound family famous in the Sinnoh region for breeding exceptionally rare Pokémon for high-end clients, the Medashi siblings had an easygoing and prosperous childhood. Spending most of their time being looked after by nannies and servants, the two rarely got the chance to see their parents, who spent majority of their lives running their lucrative business. Four years ago, the pair lost their parents in an incident involving an enraged Luxray that supposedly electrocuted the Medashi's to their end. Leaving behind a wealthy company with no-one to run it, the Medashi's lawyers shut down the operation and Kai recieved the lump sum of his parents inheritance, on the condition he always care for his younger sister. With more than enough money to blow, the duo has spent the time since their parents passing traveling the world, visiting multiple regions and bonding as siblings in the process. Now, Maia has goals to become the world's top coordinator, as Kai seeks to become a breeder and restart his parents company.

Starter: Kai obtained a (shiny pls?) Absol in the inheritance, who stands as his sole partner Pokémon. Maia purchased an egg in Kanto a year after her parents passing, which hatched into a Togepi.

Disclaimers: I would love to have a shiny Absol for Kai, purely for aesthetic reasons but I understand if that's a no-go. As a sacrifice I was going to have him start off with only said Absol, and I figure it kinda fits his backstory. As for them having a massive lumpsum inheritance at hand, I will leave it up to a mod or someone with authority decide how much they have and if necessary I'm fine with them being near dead broke after traveling the world for a bit. As of now I'd like for them to have been born in Sinnoh and have visited Kanto, Johto, Unova, Hoenn, and Kalos but obviously not have an extensive amount of knowledge on said regions because it was a visit not them living there. If any changes need made, let me know!
We do have a one free shiny policy so you're good, any other shinies you'll have to try your luck or come up with a really good reason for. Welcome to the RP, both accepted o7

We do have a one free shiny policy so you're good, any other shinies you'll have to try your luck or come up with a really good reason for. Welcome to the RP, both accepted o7
Let's goo! I'll post an intro soon. I'm going to start them likely in Galar because it's the region I'm most unfamiliar with and if I make any mistakes in navigation or geography it would make sense for them to be wrong, plus I want to have them begin in a place where they may have to rely on others to guide them. They'll be landing in Hulbury!

Let's goo! I'll post an intro soon. I'm going to start them likely in Galar because it's the region I'm most unfamiliar with and if I make any mistakes in navigation or geography it would make sense for them to be wrong, plus I want to have them begin in a place where they may have to rely on others to guide them. They'll be landing in Hulbury!
That'd be for @Merciless Medic & @sSoul then, they're the ones who are sticking around Galar.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
That'd be for @Merciless Medic & @sSoul then, they're the ones who are sticking around Galar.
I will note that Medic and my characters aren't the nicest of people by nature, so I doubt you'll get good navigational advice from them(either because they don't want to be bothered, or they think it'd be funny to give you wrong directions on purpose). I'll leave it to your discretion, but I feel it'd be fair to warn you ahead of time so you have an idea of what to expect @H47E

Though, for what its worth, given your character's rich background, you might be treated better, especially from my character Wilford, who also comes from money.

Kai sounds like the more self-righteous, arrogant rich folk that Cole despises, even if he isn't that specifically. Plus, Cole is a (hidden) Pokemon abuser. If Kai doesn't care about his Pokemon, then Cole is fine to show more of his true colors, but I will give a fair warning that Cole won't spare anything for those two, especially with how young they are.

Also, we're on August 2nd in Hammerlocke :3 if you want them to interact.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Here goes nothin'!

Physical Appearance:
View attachment 947257

Starter: Kai obtained a (shiny pls?) Absol in the inheritance, who stands as his sole partner Pokémon. Maia purchased an egg in Kanto a year after her parents passing, which hatched into a Togepi.

As I was reading this sheet, I thought it'd be interesting to possibly connect Wilford's backstory to theirs. His dad hired breeders to breed the rare Pokémon(Monferno, Togepi, Thwackey, Panpour) Wilford uses. Since Kai and Maia's parents ran a breeding business from Sinnoh(where Wilford's dad is originally from), the connection I had in mind was for Wilford's dad(who owns a lucrative evolution stone mining business) to reach out to your OC's parents with the aforementioned request in mind. I'd love to know your thoughts on this since I think it'd be cool to connect stories in an RP environment.

As I was reading this sheet, I thought it'd be interesting to possibly connect Wilford's backstory to theirs. His dad hired breeders to breed the rare Pokémon(Monferno, Togepi, Thwackey, Panpour) Wilford uses. Since Kai and Maia's parents ran a breeding business from Sinnoh(where Wilford's dad is originally from), the connection I had in mind was for Wilford's dad(who owns a lucrative evolution stone mining business) to reach out to your OC's parents with the aforementioned request in mind. I'd love to know your thoughts on this since I think it'd be cool to connect stories in an RP environment.
I'd be more than interested in tying in their backstories. It wouldn't be farfetched to believe the connection there and it makes perfect sense. The Medashi's parents are dead now and their business is shut down, but Kai would likely be more than interested in anyone who had connection to his parents since his dream is to restart the business. He would likely view Wilford and any of his companions and potential business.
Kai sounds like the more self-righteous, arrogant rich folk that Cole despises, even if he isn't that specifically. Plus, Cole is a (hidden) Pokemon abuser. If Kai doesn't care about his Pokemon, then Cole is fine to show more of his true colors, but I will give a fair warning that Cole won't spare anything for those two, especially with how young they are.

Also, we're on August 2nd in Hammerlocke :3 if you want them to interact.
Time will tell how those two will get along, but I can tell you now Maia the softie will be the first one to speak up in the defense of a helpless Pokémon and he's always got her back.

I'm probably gonna have them get lost somewhere in the Wild Area by accidentally taking the train south instead of north. If they run into @Cmeriwether and company to help them out, awesome and if not they'll likely reach Hammerlock by August 5th for a possible chance runin with @sSoul And @Merciless Medic

Last edited:
I'd be more than interested in tying in their backstories. It wouldn't be farfetched to believe the connection there and it makes perfect sense. The Medashi's parents are dead now and their business is shut down, but Kai would likely be more than interested in anyone who had connection to his parents since his dream is to restart the business. He would likely view Wilford and any of his companions and potential business.

Time will tell how those two will get along, but I can tell you now Maia the softie will be the first one to speak up in the defense of a helpless Pokémon and he's always got her back.

I'm probably gonna have them get lost somewhere in the Wild Area by accidentally taking the train south instead of north. If they run into @Cmeriwether and company to help them out, awesome and if not they'll likely reach Hammerlock by August 5th for a possible chance runin with @sSoul And @Merciless Medic
Just let me know when they reached the wild Area, she has to train a bit before Nessa.

They've just reached the Wild Area and left the train station. They'll likely wander for a bit before stumbling into your characters. If you want them to stumble upon the abomasnow encounter to help can, but if you'd like them to wait until after that works out too.
Abomasnow has backed off for now after it tried to attack Kat again. She fell into the water and is currently stumbling towards @IDKWhatUserNameToDo 's Kaden after The Blue One (Shiny Tyrantrum) popped out to support his trainer while she walked.

Name: Shiro Skyscale
Trainer Class (What goal do you have in mind for your character? Contests/Battler/Breeder/etc.): Researcher/Battler
Physical Appearance: A young boy, around 5'7 in height and 148lbs in weight. Shiro has a black, short and a bit messy hair. His eyes are light blue, that seem to be almost white. He tends to often wear white or gray clothing as it seem to fit his looks. On his right hand he is wearing a blue pokenav, he also has a ring with a shape of a dragon, which is used as sort of identification with Skyscale Industries.
Clothing: (Optional) Varies, rarely tends to wear glasses as he has Contact lenses on him most of the time.
Personality: Shiro could be described as compassionate youth. He has a strong sense of morality that will not be compromised and he tends to be quite stubborn when it comes to things he sees as morally wrong. Although generally soft-spoken and tranquil in his interactions with others. During the battles he may sometimes seem more distant, calculative and aggresive as he puts his whole being into those battles. He often tends to apologize for his behaviour later.

As One may guess, He And Glacier have the greatest bond, mainly due to a fact that he took care of him since he get out of an egg. As Cubchoo seemed to be abandoned or lost by his parents, It was Shiro that took their place and so he became a real parental figure for the little bear cub. Due to this, although he can accept a lot of trashtalk directed at him, if you say something bad about Glacier you may face wrath of a thousand suns.
Backstory: (Optional) Will Fill this with a part of mega application as those are related, gotta wait a while xd
Pokemon:
Cubchoo- Glacier (M)
Centiskorch- Gehenna(M)
Torpeda- Sharpedo (F)
Magneton-Nites
Mabostiff- Grafit (M)
Starevia- Uranus (M)
---
PC
Roserade- Gaia (F)
Dhelmise- Titan

Other: Mabostiff name comes from the name of my dog that has died a long time ago. Also.. Dhelmise is... Being Difficult.

Species: Cubchoo
Ability: Slush Rush
Characteristic: Glacier is kind of clumsy, a bit of a shy cubchoo that is very dependable on Shiro. At the same time he loves his trainer and tends to cuddle to him often, making sure his snot doesn't touch his trainer though. If anyone tries to harm Shiro, Glacier is ready to show his strenght and protect Shiro from any opponent.
Appearance: Looks like a normal cubchoo, that wears a green scarf around his neck that was brought to him by Shiro.

You know, I was gonna reply to this and this alone, and I spaced it. sdifoashfaio
I apologise if I sounded like I was going on the offensive or attacking or rude or anything to you guys. I just felt a bit swamped with the legnth of the replies. Frankly, I only expected Kyuukestu to flag up the issue or go after me. I didn't expect ANOTHER to write another lengthy post for me to try and sit through lol. I'm autistic, so I sometimes find it challenging to understand the tone of the post or get the overall message someone is trying to say. It IS the internet after all and tone and voice can be lost in translation. My apologies!

I see you've tried to sound more jokey afterwards which I appreciate.
Yeah, wanted to get my two cents in, and I'm sorry it felt like you were being swamped T^T. Wasn't my intention. :'D

Yeah, I tend to get lengthy in my replies when I'm explaining something, so I also apologize for that. :'D

But yeah, you good, the internet makes that 10x more difficult lmfaooo.

And yes, you're welcome. :'D Again, didn't want to make you feel like you were attacked at all. :'D

You know, I was gonna reply to this and this alone, and I spaced it. sdifoashfaio

Yeah, wanted to get my two cents in, and I'm sorry it felt like you were being swamped T^T. Wasn't my intention. :'D

Yeah, I tend to get lengthy in my replies when I'm explaining something, so I also apologize for that. :'D

But yeah, you good, the internet makes that 10x more difficult lmfaooo.

And yes, you're welcome. :'D Again, didn't want to make you feel like you were attacked at all. :'D
Only noticed this now so this is what I’m going say to this:

Thanks man!

lmfaoooooo

so uh

Pokemon on human violence is a big no-no and this was done with so many eyewitnesses and a Nurse Joy in a Pokemon Center. I apologize, but now police are gonna get involved lmfaoo
Yeah...

My plan now is to make Mahou my main character. Change of plan!

God, I would have laughed if you had told me I was now going to be RPing as a Pokemon...but I guess it's unique so i'm gonna roll with it!

Yeah...

My plan now is to make Mahou my main character. Change of plan!

God, I would have laughed if you had told me I was now going to be RPing as a Pokemon...but I guess it's unique so i'm gonna roll with it!
lol

Decided to have the cops be a bit more reasonable considering how common this is lmfaooooo. Michiko can rest her peace if she doesn't say she was running from police lol. Just some simple questioning.

Eh I still think Michiko can be salvaged. Just gotta do a redemption bit with her, but up to you what you want to do.
Any suggestions with what to do with her? I realise i've written her into a corner (already). She's a bit of a mess!
lol

Decided to have the cops be a bit more reasonable considering how common this is lmfaooooo. Michiko can rest her peace if she doesn't say she was running from police lol. Just some simple questioning.
Yeah, the cops are MASSIVELY buffed in the Orange Islands lol. Legitimately confused as to what to do with her. One of you can catch Mahou if you want!

Any suggestions with what to do with her? I realise i've written her into a corner (already). She's a bit of a mess!

Yeah, the cops are MASSIVELY buffed in the Orange Islands lol. Legitimately confused as to what to do with her. One of you can catch Mahou if you want!

If you want to salvage Michiko I say the best way is to have her realize what a mess she is and what a scene she is causing. Maybe realize she's taken Mahou for granted and this can be the catalyst for her to try to be better and fix the rut she finds herself in.

A sincere apology alone doesn't fix things, but it is the first step in the right direction.

Legitimately confused as to what to do with her. One of you can catch Mahou if you want!
Literally can't catch Mahou because he's still owned by Michiko, and Reggie wouldn't want Mahou either. Not because he doesn't like Mahou, but because Mahou isn't his Pokemon. And he's not stealing Mahou from Michiko lmfaoooo.

There's some character development you can do here. OCs aren't stagnant in their personalities and their behaviors, they will change over the course of the RP. If you are hell-bent on keeping her the way she is though, then you have indeed ran her into a corner.

Yeah, the cops are MASSIVELY buffed in the Orange Islands lol.
I had to make them buffed. There is no order in taking the gyms in the Orange League and there's nothing stopping those who already have a good amount of badges from other areas taking their supped up Pokemon to the islands, so every island's police force that have settlements and stuff need stronger officers to keep up with the strength level of the trainers.

Plus, Michiko and Briar are quite strong, with Reggie being middle-ground.

And I just realized... How is Michiko 40,000 in WCS rank when she only has an Alakazam to her name? That's around Briar's WCS rank. Or did she have other Pokemon before this that left her? xD That WCS rank will go down if she doesn't keep it up.

Plus, if she's in the WCS system, it would be incredibly easy to find her.

Last edited:
@H47E

Two of my characters are daughters of a Breeder well known in Hoenn, one is actually Kai's Age, but is in Johto. What could possibly happen with That, could be stuff to expand the Breeding business or other stuff?
He likely has a few connections in the breeding world already, I'd say it wouldn't be farfetched for them to know of each other already and possibly have the ability to contact each other fairly easily. Albeit, I wouldn't assume they're friends or anything given the standoffish nature of Kai, but it isn't like they'd be complete strangers.

I assume it's not far from view view from the entrance though.
I don't think there's a feasible way Skol can be present for the shiny Pidgeot XD

The room where the Pokemon are kept would be away from the actual door that leads outside, and there'd be some separation between that room where the Pokemon are held and the outside to make sure they wouldn't sneak outside. If Aldon were just toeing the line at the threshold, Skol wouldn't be permitted in that area either as they'd have to be behind a certain point, as per security. Plus, I thought it was a good jogging distance where the entrance to the zones and the Shiny Pidgeot are.

The staff would be onto that like flies on shit XD