• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

July 6th, Wednesday - Rivière Walk, Route 7, Berry Fields, Kalos Region
Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo

"Hu-huh? U-uh yes, this is a berry farm from the looks of it." Completely stunned by what Esther had just said, Beatrice was not sure how to respond. The girl would have remained in her state of confusion if not for a clicking sound coming through her earpiece. Her Spidops was in position and ready to begin. "Right, we'll talk about this later." She declared towards Esther before turning to her tablet.

From the aerial view provided by her Rotom, the young woman was able to witness the debacle happening between the other trainer's Absol and Lucario. "We should avoid getting in the way of those two. Attack the remaining Yanma! Seda, use First Impression! Vallace, follow her and standby!" At her command, Beatrice's pokemon moved out. With a sudden burst of speed, the Spidops closed the distance between her and her target Yanma with blinding speed before launching a swift uppercut at the flying bug's abdomen. Vallace closed in behind his fellow pokemon, ready to deliver the follow up attack.

Felix Winchester, Battle Chateau, Kalos
Battling: vs Emery (@kyuukestu)

An Aurorus, huh? Felix thought. This will be an interesting battle, then.

Pulling out a Dusk Ball, he sent Hex out, his newly caught Gengar.

The referee signalled for the battle to begin!

"Hex, use Will-O-Wisp, and follow that up with Shadow Ball!"

Felix had a plan. If Will-O-Wisp hit, Shadow Ball would deal damage, and Aurorus would take damage from Burns. But, Shadow Ball may hit nonetheless if Aurorus were to dodge...

Rick
[July 24th] Route 47 - Johto
078.png
Rapidash ♀ [Iris] | Ability: Flash Fire | Condition: Minor injuries | Meteonite Energy: Moderate
Agility​
Flare Blitz​
Heat Wave​
H. Horsepower​
Low Kick​
Protect​
Solar Blade​
Wild Charge​
470.png
Leafeon ♂ [Zephir] | Ability: Chlorophyll | Condition: Minor injuries
Grass Knot​
Heal Bell​
Helping Hand​
Leaf Blade​
Protect​
Razor Leaf​
Substitute​
Wish​
148.png
Dragonair ♀ [Pearl] | Ability: Shed Skin | Condition: Minor injuries; elemental energy has run out
Blizzard​
Draco Meteor​
Flamethrower​
Hydro Pump​
Safeguard​
Thunder​
Twister​
Whirlpool​

Rick looked at the Premier Ball in his hand as the girl passed it to him. "Ah, a Premier Ball... fancy name for what's basically a Poke Ball with an unfinished painting to reduce costs. But it will suffice." He commented, before throwing the ball over his shoulder. He didn't even bother checking if it had worked or not, fainted pokémon couldn't struggle out of them. Pearl then went to pick the device out from the river and delivered it in her trainer's hand.

With that covered, Rick started processing what the girl told him. "You know." Rick murmured. His eyes narrowed as he started wondering if this woman was really a victim or a culprit. Iris too, started looking down at the woman, with her head raised tall and growling. The trainer's hesitation after saying she felt part responsible further contributed to Rick's suspicion. "What's your involvement in all this?" Rick questioned. Before she could answer though, he saw a group of rangers running their way. "Hmm... Rangers. Never there when you need them." He muttered.

"Hey! Is everyone alright?" Asked one of the rangers, panting. Rick raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms, still holding the ball on his hand. "No thanks to you. You're a little late to the party, don't you think?" He replied, with a frowned expression. "Hey! The mission briefing was that a trainer would keep the Aggron contained in the forest while we vacated the surrounding areas, then engage it. They didn't say anything about Route 47." The ranger explained.

Rick shrugged. "Yeah. And it probably wouldn't matter anyways." He muttered. "Well, since you're here, do something useful and take Iron Head to the Pokecenter for observation." Rick told them, tossing the ball to one of the rangers, though he kept the syringe in his beltpocket. The ranger grabbed it with both hands and nodded. "Very well! You're still requested at the Safari Zone, though." He told him, before the group ran back to the park.

Rick then turned to the girl. "Come on, then." He called, gesturing at her to follow. "You have all the way back to the Safari Zone to explain what is this all about. Starting with this." He took the capsule out of his beltpocket and held it with two fingers, while giving the girl a side glance. "What is it?" He questioned. "I've faced Aggrons before. None act like this one, and they usually don't learn things like Fire Blast nor Hydro Pump in the wild."

Last edited:

Viscount Emery
Battle Chateau,
Kalos​
Interactions: Felix Winchester (@GLITCHSKULL)

The battle had begun and as the more senior party, Emery didn’t mind letting his opponent move first. All the better to capitalize on his mistakes. Gengar came out and led with Will-O-Wisp, a strange move—given Aurorus was a special attacker—but the chip damage would indeed add up. It would be especially bad if it was followed up by Shadow Ball or more concerningly, Hex. But that was a big IF, and Emery had just to move to arrest Gengar in its tracks.

As soon as Will-o-wisp was launched, Emery clapped his hands. “Aurorus, darling—«Encore»! Follow it up with «Thunderwave»!”

His encore would move before shadowball and if it landed shadow ball would fail as Gengar would be locked into Will-o-wisp. Of course, Aurorus wouldn’t be able to dodge Will-o-wisp, but that was a fair price for locking their opponent into a useless move for a few turns. That would give them all the time they needed to clean up the match.

Celia Besnard
July 6th; Route 7, Riviere Walk, Berry Fields Kalos

Celia waved to both Esther (and her friends) and Beatrice left. She was a bit disappointed that she was now traveling alone once more, but she didn't voice nor express it. If anyone recognized her and saw her upset, well she didn't know how it would relate to her family. She did wish for some human companionship, seeing as this could be one of the few times she could make friends, but she also didn't want to force herself into a group or partnership. She wanted to be wanted by a group, and just "tagging along" wouldn't accomplish that.

She continued on, her way, considering catching a Pokemon. After all, she was going to struggle against the next gym since she couldn't risk using Luan, not when she was trying to keep him hidden from them. A grass or water type would save her hide, as without Luan, all she had was a normal and bug type. Perhaps she could get her hands on some Pokemon-friendly dye or paint and cover his markings? That sounded like a good idea. Though, she could already feel Luan get a bit upset at it. Not in a way that told her that she couldn't do it, but in a way that felt like he would rather do something else.

As she was deep in thought, she heard the sound of buzzing. She broke away from her thoughts. That amount of buzzing couldn't be a good sign. She hurried to the noise, finding a large amount of fainted Yanma, a drone flying about, some non-Yanma Pokemon, and the trainers from the Chateau. She could feel Luan's desire to fight, but she focused on the drone briefly, hoping that would get the message across. If there was a drone, there was a possibility that he could be recorded, and she couldn't allow that. Psy, while she loved him, sending him out against these Yanma was an extraordinarily stupid move. Dawn though; she could handle it. She didn't want to get in the way of anybody, but she supposed if she fought the Yanma with the drone near it, perhaps she could avoid causing too many problems. Throwing out Dawn, she pointed at the Yanma Beatrice was focused on. "Keep your distance, girl. Don't want to get in anyone's way. Swift then use Helping Hand on the Quaxwell, please." Dawn nodded, sending out homing stars on the dragonfly-like Pokemon before shifting her attention to the duck-like Pokemon. She ran over to his side, sat on her haunches, and clapped a little bit as she was surrounded by light blue energy. Finally, she attempted to pass the energy to the Quaxwell through a touch of her paw.

Jayden Jones, July 24th, Undella Town Harbor, WCS rank: 73,875.

"Thanks!" With a casual smile, JJ sat down at the table, letting down his plate of nachos. "You're free to have some if you want, we gotta watch our carbs."

Ele looked confused, what the hell was a carb and since when did they watch out for them? The electric Pokemon placed his plate down on the table and began gobbling up the cheesy snack.

"So a shiny? What's special about a shiny? Is it stronger? Where do I get one? Can you get other colors? Do you have a sister about my age?"

Hubert Lee​

En Route to Castelia City, July 24​

Hubert shook his head immediately upon hearing JJ's offer to take some of his nachos with a grateful smile.

"Nah, I'm good. Appreciate it, though."

While Ele began to eat, Hubert then found himself bombarded with an onslaught of questions, some a bit more... odd? Bit more odd than the others. Once JJ was done, he processed most of the questions he'd been asked and took a deep breath before beginning to answer.

"Well, Comet isn't too different from regular Golett; shiny Pokemon are just a different color variation of their original form, and there's only one kind of shiny form for most Pokemon. If anything, though, he is a bit taller than most. Once he evolves, I'm sure he'll be way more than big enough for you and Ele to battle. From what I've heard, shinies are pretty insanely rare; I guess I just got super lucky in that sense. Maybe you'll find one during the League Challenge too!"

A brief pause while Hubert admittedly still found himself a bit confused on that last question.

"...Uh, I don't have any siblings, but I also don't know your age yet. I'm 18, what about you?"

"I'm 19, just got a year head start huh?" Jayden leaned back and popped open his soda can. "Listen, we stumbled on gold here. You need a strong sparring partner and I need someone to teach me more about Pokemon. So, we should make a team." He took Ele's soda and slid it over to Hubert.

The electric Pokemon didn't seem to care, he was to busy putting pepper slices on his nacho before eating them, as if attempting to get all the different flavors possible.

"JJ and Hubert, dynamic duo, Batman and Robin, Superman and Superboy, Aquaman and Wailord. You in?"

Hubert Lee​

En Route to Castelia City - July 24​

Hubert listened intently, allowing only just the slightest humored grin on his face as he did so. He pretended not to notice JJ stealing his own partner's soda to give to him instead, wary of what could potentially ensue if he did accept it. The fellow trainer had proposed they ally together, going on to compare their potential team-up to various 'dynamic duos' to sweeten the deal. A quiet but amused chuckle escaped him as he feigned pondering the offer, though his mind was basically made up already.

"Why not? Sounds fun; let's see where it takes us."

However, as he recalled his Pokemon, seeing as they'd finished eating for a good minute now, Hubert once again leveled a half-joking-half-serious challenging stare, taking a sip of water before continuing.

"But don't think my team and I'll be staying sidekicks to you for long."

"Hell no!" Jayden stood up, leaning forward over the table and opening the soda for Hubert. "We're gonna be unstoppable and in the Unova league..." He handed the soda over to trainer, holding his up as if suggesting for him to tap them together. "Jayden versus Hubert in the finals!"

Jayden smiled before chugging the sparkling drink like if it was water. "Now we just need a girl trainer, one about my age so we can compete to win her heart. We have to be rivals in everything, so once we finally fight at our full power, our battle will be legendary!"

He raised his fist triumphantly, making Ele look his way and let out a chuckle.

Reginald Valerias​

Date: June 2
Location: Pokemon Center -> en route to Pokemon Park, Tangelo Island, Orange Archipelago
Pokemon Team: Emeric the Shiny Haunter, Elvira the Munna, Bob the Shedinja, Large Marge the Drifloon, Missy the Misdreavus, Jones the Frillish, Legion the White-Striped Basculin, Gordon the Mankey
WCS Rank: 72,758

Battling: Reginald Valerias (Gordon the Mankey & Emeric the Shiny Haunter) VS Mason Saito (Zosar the Unovan Zorua & Trish the Togetic)

Interactions: Briar Hightower (ThAtGuY101), Adrianne Silvers (Godjacob)

The two Pokemon revealed themselves on Mason's side of the field: A Togetic, and a...

"Z-Zorua?" Reggie's body shivered.

Despite the adorable look of the fox, her gaze was actually chilling. She looked right through him. Maybe it was his massive empathy for Ghost-Types that led him to feel almost dangerously vulnerable and helpless against a Dark-Type, but he never really had good experiences with one. They always freaked him out and - upon sensing his fear - would almost always make it worse.

None of his Pokemon were suitable for a Dark-Type, but his Haunter was the only one who had something against the Togetic. He'll have to trust his Mankey. He sent out his Haunter, who hovered onto the field, and Mankey stood ready and right beside him.

Mason chuckled. "Alright, let's see how well you do against this challenge, eh? Would be a shaaame if you failed. What gym you going to next?"

"I'm not telling you..." Reggie growled, wondering why this antagonistic motherfucker wanted to know where he was heading.

Mason just shrugged, continuing anyway. "Well, I did have my sights on Trovita, but looks like I'll just go for Navel Island instead. I already got a badge from Kumquat Island anyway."

Wait... So what WCS rank was he? Reggie didn't even get to see. Reggie decided to say what was on his mind anyway. "Well, fine, we're heading to Mikan Island. And what WCS rank are you?"

Mason laughed. "Oh, you wouldn't believe me. I just got registered a week ago. I'm about 80,000, somewhere around there. But that's not all. I already got sixteen badges elsewhere, just never joined the WCS until recently." He then grinned, and Reggie swore it matched the sneer from the Zorua. "I think I'm out of your league, big boy." Reggie shivered, disgust roiling in his stomach.

The WCS Rotom drone spoke and initiated the start of the battle.

"Emeric, Curse on Togetic." He didn't like the look of that thing. "Gordon, Focus Energy." While he didn't know what moves the Mankey knew, he at least knew he held Focus Energy, most did anyway.

"Zosar, Hone Claws. Trish, Encore on Haunter."

Emeric's ghostly eyes stared down that Togetic, the ghostly emanations from his body hurting him before signing the Togetic to a similar, yet crueler fate. However, the fairy created a sphere of shining energy as the Haunter made his move, and fired it at him, while the Zorua's claws lengthened with dark energy and she slashed them against each other to hone her senses and make herself stronger. The Mankey pumped himself up, focusing on the weak points of the targets as his body shone briefly with red energy.

The Encore sphere hit the Haunter, and Reggie's face paled. The pain that fell onto the Togetic didn't do much to his already rising concern.

"Now, my lovelies, let's focus on that Mankey, yeah? Swagger, Burning Jealousy." Burning Jealousy?!

"Gordon, dodge." The monkey showered himself in sky energy and bounced around, having used Acrobatics to attempt a dodge. However, the Swagger from the swaying and taunting Togetic hit anyway, the confusion setting in as the Mankey lost his momentum and tumbled onto the ground. He tried getting up, especially as his strength increased, but it did him little good. The Zorua's body glowed a fiery red as her jealousy overtook her, and she fired a wave of fire at the Mankey. The poor monkey was beaten back and burned, and Reggie was starting to realize this was an uphill battle.

"Emeric, don't attack!"

"If he doesn't attack, the Encore stays, dearie~. You need to get it out of his system~." Mason cooed mockingly, earning a growl from Reggie. He wasn't even set for a double battle! Why did he agree???

It wasn't like Emeric could stop himself from performing another Curse. This time, it was targeting the Zorua, the Curse making its mark. The Zorua growled from the pain, as did the Togetic, but the Haunter just barely hovered over the ground. Thanks to stamina training, there was a slim chance Emeric could survive two Curses. But Encore lasted.

"Zosar, Torment. Trish, Life Dew." The Zorua sent a tormenting remark towards the Haunter, causing anger and resentment. Unable to use Curse now that Torment prevented him, he charged the Zorua, even as the Togetic showered himself and his ally with healing water. The Haunter used Struggle, bashing the Zorua, but succumbed to the recoil, his body slumping to the ground.

Returning the Haunter, Reggie looked at his Mankey with concern, but saw the Mankey was beginning to lose it, having gotten out of his confusion quickly. Steam blew out of its swine-like nose and he charged the Zorua, smashing it with a powerful Normal-type attack. If it weren't for the burn, Reggie was sure the Retaliate would have knocked out the Zorua.

"Huh, how cute. Trish, Rock Smash. Zosar, Foul Play." The Zorua jumped back, awaiting for her partner to go first, but the Mankey was not letting it, and Reggie was able to access Gordon's moves from scanning him with his phone.

"Gordon, Cross Chop!" The Mankey's arms became a brick red and he charged the Zorua, smashing it into the ground and incurring a critical hit.

Or... so he thought.

The illusion wore off, the Cross Chop only causing a crater in the ground. The Zorua chittered from the air, and the Togetic rushed at the surprised Mankey's side to deal a crushing blow with his fist, the hit being enough to weaken the Mankey physically. The Zorua then descended onto the Mankey, her body cloaked in darkness as she landed on top of the monkey. Crimson dark energy engulfed them both before an explosion occurred, and the Mankey's body was thrown back towards Reggie.

Mason smirked. "Maaaan... That was pretty rough, bud. I just had one more round of attacks before Trish was down for sure. If you hadn't used Curse to begin with and used a Poison move on Trish, you would have won. Probably."

Reggie didn't have a Poison move on Emeric... His lip curled in disdain as he returned Gordon, anger boiling within him.

The WCS drone announced the winner, it's usual tone sounding like a mock to Reggie.

WCS Rank:
72,758 > 80,906

Reggie's fist clenched. He hated losing. He never once liked it. Call it being spoiled but he never lost a match in school either. It was only when he started traveling was when the issue started. As he gathered badges, gyms began to feel more and more of a weight on his mind and shoulders. The familiar stone feeling in his gut became something painful.

And Mason continued, congratulating his two Pokemon before returning them and approaching the irate trainer. "Well now, look who's a sore loser. You should pick and choose your battles wisely, buddy. Don't want to fight someone out of your league just because they annoyyyed you."

The Ghost specialist glared up at him, fury in his gaze. As the WCS drone flew away, Reggie grumbled. "Don't call me buddy."

He swung at Mason, who laughed. The punch was a good punch, but it failed to land as Mason was much faster. The 25-year-old grabbed Reggie's arm and spun under it until he was behind Reggie, twisting his arm until it was pinned against his backpack and his other hand on his shoulder. "Man, how much stuff was in here? I'm surprised you got it all to fit. Anyhow..." Mason grinned, Reggie could just feel the smirk burrowing against the back of his head. "You lost, bud. How about taking a chill-pill and not be so mad like your Mankey friend, yeah? Actually, I'm surprised, your newest addition - a Mankey - actually has better anger management than you do. Who wants to fight a sore loser, anyway?"

"Shut up!"

Reggie struggled against his grip, but realized it was futile. Mason's grip was just too strong and he found his leg was kicked under him, making him fall to his knees with a grimace. Mason continued. "Aww, struggle-bug much? Hmph, well, better to get you back to your friends. Can't let them go on without you now~."

Letting go, Reggie quickly got up to look back up at Mason, but the damned Zorua was on his shoulder and caused him to completely disappear. A chill ran down his spine and he booked it to the Pokemon Center, healing his Pokemon with a chill running down his spine. He was as pale as a Galarian Corsola.

Why? Why him? Why did he choose him of all people?

Taking his Pokemon back, he walked back to find Adrianne and Briar had just battled. No matter how well Reggie tried to hide it, he just couldn't help but let the shame enter his face as a perturbed scowl. He approached them, his arms crossed as he tried to soften his expression when he looked at them. "Um... I'm ready now. Can we go?" He sounded slightly impatient, which was pretty impossible to hide. He grimaced, not wanting to send hate or any attitude their way.

He just wanted to focus on anything else that wasn't him...

Last edited:
Montagne Khastil and Queen Oracle the Honored One
July 6 Rivière Walk (Route 7), Berry Fields, Kalos

Oracle's plan was perfect, and surely it would have worked flawlessly. The insects would have been eviscerated, and she would have won all the glory.

Would have.

Instead, Azumi's upstart Lucario cut in for a third infuriating time. Despite the increased speed afforded to her by <<Quick Attack>>, Oracle had no time to react before her springboard was smashed and she went careening through the space she should've impacted. Her momentum carried her down fast, and she dug her claws through the soft soil to slow down.

Ugh, her claws! She'd have to spend ages cleaning them out, meaning the Lucario had cost her satisfaction, glory, and time. Her white fur whipped into a fury as her <Pressure> reached its maximum intensity, sweeping over the remaining Yanma and the Lucario alike, and her eyes dripped venom when she set her sights on the cocky blue Pokémon.

Monty saw the whole thing unfold, and his heart dropped when he recognized the look on his partner's face. Shit, things were about to get ugly. He immediately drew her luxury ball from his pocket, but to his dismay the recall button had no effect. What was the range limit on these things?!

At the same time, the battlefield was getting too crowded for him to get any closer. Drones were replacing the fallen Yanma overhead, enough Pokémon to fill a nature preserve were running around, and the girls from Esther's camp had reappeared. Like one of the greatest conquerers in Kalos' history, there was nothing Monty could do.

CRACKLE! POP! FLASH!

Just as the Lucario released his sphere, Oracle dove in with a <<Sucker Punch>> aimed square at his chest.

Last edited:

Wednesday, July 6th – 9:51 am
Esther
Route 7, Riviére Walk, Berry Fields,
Kalos​
『 Pyrrha | Kasriel | Maçiera | L’ Basseau | Pari | Houndour 』​
Interactions: Azumi Towers (@Hecotoro) | Montagne Khastil (@~Patriot~) | Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo (@Grand Master Koop) | Celia Besnard (@ThePlayfulFox)

“Aw, butter sticks!” The battle had devolved into chaos—and not the good, entertaining kind. Actually, it was a bit entertaining. Looked like Oracle and Lucario had gotten into a bit of a spat; that was well and fine, but they could nurse their hate boners on someone else’s time. At least between, all the pokémon present they had taken out all the Yan—a brilliant flash. Esther shrieked, suddenly blinded and deafened.

The buzzing grew louder, louder than it had ever been! Esther’s eyes adjusted slowly, blurred lines sharpening to clarity. The first thing she noticed was boulders, an orbital ring of boulders that surrounded a new pokémon; its wings were bigger than any Yanma’s, its carapace a darkened green, its mandibles sharp and threatening.

With the group’s pokémon turning on each other, they had left one Yanma free to use «Ancient Power». The evolved Yanmega was stronger than ever, its wings accelerating to a blur until «Bug Buzz» filled the air. Even louder than Supersonic and far more damaging.

The battle hadn’t ended—it had only just begun.
$6,320 | Pokéball x 0 | Practice Ball | PokéToy | PokéFlute

Quilt Set

Hammock Set

First-Aid Kit

Flashlight

Toiletries

Water Bottle (1/2 Gallon)

Water Purifier & Filter

Gothic Lolita Set (Clothing)

Lace Set (Clothing)

Chic Asymmetry Set (Clothing)

Winter Gear

Climbing Gear

Swimwear

Hubert Lee​

En Route to Castelia City - July 24​

Once again, Hubert couldn't help but laugh. As he reluctantly took the now opened can of soda and flashed an 'I don't know man' look at Ele, whom he prayed wouldn't take too much offense, he found himself increasingly entertained by JJ's , even if some of the things he said were... still questionable.

"What are you, an anime protagonist?"

Hubert continued to chuckle with a shrug of resignation, but once he'd recollected himself, he turned back to glance at JJ with a confident smile, tapping their soda cans together.

"But yeah. We'll tear the League up for sure."

Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo

As Vallace was running, a sudden touch was felt on his back, and with it a feeling of invigoration. “Don’t stop Vallace! That was a Helping Hand, you’re fine.” Beatrice shouted to her pokemon through the earpiece. The girl then turned towards the new arrival and offered her a small nod. “Umm, thank you.”

Turning back to her screen, a few things came to view. Firstly, the Swift sent by the other girl’s Eevee had hit their target, weakening Yanma further. Secondly, the infighting that is about to erupt between the other 2 pokemon on the field. “That’s not good, we can’t let them take each other out! Seda, stop that Absol with Silk Trap! Vallace, continue forward and use Wing Attack!” With their commands given, the 2 pokemon went on the move.

Leaping up, the Quaxwell soon descended upon the target Yanma before hitting it with his glowing wings. Sending the Bug type into the ground and knocking it out. Seda leaped in between the Absol and Lucario with another burst of speed, quickly spinning a silken web to catch the attacking Dark Type.

Suddenly, the already messy situation turned from manageable to bad as a new buzzing appeared on the battlefield. The Bug Buzz was way more violent than the one Beatrice had heard before, it was causing distortions in the air which was quickly felt by Wattz who was in the affected area. The footage on the young woman's tablet began looking distorted. "Crud, Wattz come back down! It's not safe for you to stay up there." Beartice commanded, prompting the Drone Form Rotom to quickly begin descending, trying its best to not crash.

While all this was happening, a faint but noticeable sound came through on Beatrice's earpiece. It sounded like footsteps? Running? Looking up at the field of combat, the young woman witnesses Clyder, her Cyclizar, running directly towards the newly evolved Yanmega. "Clyde! Wait! Don't run in on your own!" She yelled, trying to stop her pokemon's reckless charge. Unfortunately, Clyde was too focused to listen to her right now. The Cylizar began speeding up, a light blue aura beginning to cover his body and a streak of white light trailing behind him.

Adrianne Silvers (Normal Class: 95,044)
Tangelo Island, Orange Archipelago (June 2nd)
Interactions:
@ThAtGuY101 (Briar) @Merciless Medic (Reggie)​

As Adrianne returned along the path to the Pokemon Park, she seemed to catch up with Briar who seemed to be fresh off her own battle which hey she seemed happy she had kept herself busy as she congratulated her on her rising at rank and seemed to be all fired up.

"Thanks! Now we just wait by the entrance of the Pokemon Park for Regie~" Adrianne said with a smile as they walked their path as they intended to meet up with Reggie. So far things seemed to go well, she had advanced in rank Briar seemed to get a battle off and Reggie had been bound to join them soon for their fun trip through the Pokemon Park.

It all seemed to work out perfectly! Least, until she had seen Reggie...

Adrianne knew immediately, granted she is not sure what but when she saw Reggie approach them his body language and tone just seemed to suggest something seemed off. He seemed to just have this air of defeat about him; call it sadness, call it resentment but either way Adrianne picked up that something was off as her expression shifted from jubilation towards one of concern as she looked Reggie in the eye.

"Yeah uh w...um, are you okay Reggie? I don't want to assume but you seem...down." Adrianne asked Reggie as if something had happened on his trip for siupplies she wanted to talk about it and desired to help if there had been a problem.

Desmond Andrews (Unranked)
Safari Zone, Johto (July 24th)

Interactions: @ThAtGuY101 (Aldon & Skol the Slowpoke)​

"At this point, I just pray that nothing else ridiculous happens..." Desmond mused a bit but he had not been about to hold his breath over it, as he walked out with Aldon and they moved along the main path as they tried to find some of their friends or newfound party of sorts.

Desmond had the presence of mind to least prepare the camera as he took the occasional picture as they walked, when one pushed past the fear of a wild Aggron around it had been a beautiful place. Desmond merely hoped he had a chance to document its beauty rather than just flee in terror again.

During this...​

"Politoed!" ("That's the spirit~!") Politoed affirmed a bit as the good vibes seemed to draw Kricketune towards the pair as it had taken a seat and seemed to have some spare apple slices.

"Tune?" ("You want any?") The Kricketune offered the Politoed and Skol respectively.

"It's a deal then!" With that Jayden sat down, satisficed with his answer. He took a handful of nachos and stuffed them in his mouth. "Fiz a goo!"

With a quick snack, a nap and getting yelled at by the captain for practicing moves on the deck, Jaydan and company finally reached their desitnation.

Castelia City, July 24th.

"Home sweet home, stick to me Hubert, I know this place like the back of my-" Jayden stopped as he noticed a specific building across the harbor. "Oh snaps that's new!" He pointed at a group of street dancers.

"They spin, they twirl, but most of all, they battle! Step right up, win a battle and get a prize!"

Jayden eyes lit up. "You ready for the Jayden and Hubert debut?" He turned to face his traveling companion. "Over here!" He called, freshly stepping off the boat and sprinting towards the crowd. "We're the future champions!"

Ele watched his trainer blast off and with a sudden burst of inspiration, he did so too. The two were quickly noticed by the group of people watching the break dancers do their thing, but the performers weren't exactly done yet. "Come on, we're ready!" Jayden called out, but it seemed he was being ignored until the song ended.

Azumi Towers- July 6 - Route 7, Kalos

"Anakin, enough!"

The Lucario was already preparing another Bullet Punch, they might have stopped the Absol, but all that did was leave her open for his attack. Luckily, Azumi's words reached his ears, just as he dashed past Seda. Anakin stopped in his tracks, retracting his fist, which was inches away from Oracle. He looked over at Azumi and nodded, walking away from the possible battle.

Azumi moved over to Monty, placed her hands around his face and pulled him closer. "Li-sten! Le-ad Yan-Mega A-Way!" She tried to talk slow and loud hopping he would get the message. With that, she took her last Super Potion and tossed it to Esther. "Protect Farmer!"

The Lucario rolled his eyes, why the hell were they yelling at each other. Whatever, he found a worthy opponent, the newly evolved Yanmega. His eyes gained a glow as his used Detect to avoid the incoming Bug Buzz, leaping into the air and covering his fist with static, Thunder Punch.

Azumi covered her ears once again as the buzzing sound made the situation even worse. She still needed to make sure the farm wasn't damaged. "You two!" She pointed at the new arrivals. "Help Monty!" She pointed at the French man, "Lead Yan-mega! A-way!".

Wednesday, July 6th – 9:52 am
Esther
Route 7, Riviére Walk, Berry Fields,
Kalos​
『 Pyrrha | Kasriel | Maçiera | L’ Basseau | Pari | Houndour 』​
Interactions: Azumi Towers (@Hecotoro) | Montagne Khastil (@~Patriot~) | Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo (@Grand Master Koop)

[/header]

Yanmega screeched. Its spectacular vision caught a blur approaching; «Ancient Power» moved to block and formed a stonewall defense. Then, «Thunder Punch» arrived, all the explosive power of Lucario unleashed as Yanmega’s asteroid belt exploded in a storm of dust and shrapnel. The Yanmega vanished behind the dust, but Esther had no time to pay attention. She was more concerned with the rocks raining down on her head. The worst of which were fast and sharp, ensuring they made light work of fabric and skin.

“HEY!! Watch it! This dress was expensive!!”

Nevertheless, Esther caught the Super Potion and was only mildly confused when Azumi said something about the Farmer. What was she supposed to do? Use the Super Potion on the Farmer? Would that even work? Using her better judgment, Esther deduced the most rational course of action was to use the Super Potion on Houndour, bringing the she-wolf back to fighting form would give her an edge against the bug types. However, with only a single Yanmega remaining, Esther didn’t think the situation was dire; it didn't require immediate action.

In fact, what action should she take? Hmmm, for now, it was best to get the Farmer to safety. Susu wasn’t looking too good after that Bug Buzz but her other pokémon had probably recovered from confusion by now. “Susu, return! Pyrrha, standby with Protect!”

Esther’s eyes found the only reasonably fortified position of shelter, a wooden shed on the far side of the farm.

“Let’s move old man!”

$6,320 | Pokéball x 0 | Practice Ball | PokéToy | PokéFlute

Quilt Set

Hammock Set

First-Aid Kit

Flashlight

Toiletries

Water Bottle (1/2 Gallon)

Water Purifier & Filter

Gothic Lolita Set (Clothing)

Lace Set (Clothing)

Chic Asymmetry Set (Clothing)

Winter Gear

Climbing Gear

Swimwear

Last edited:

Hubert Lee​

Castelia City - July 24​

"Sheesh..."

Stepping out of the ship and onto the Castelia City docks, Hubert stared up at the multitude of towering buildings piercing the sky, into which the indigo evening slowly began to bleed. The Undella Town villas he'd been most accustomed to seemed only a fraction of the height these skyscrapers reached, and Hubert couldn't help but be awestruck at the sprawling metropolis before him.

"...Jayden and Hubert debut?"

Suddenly snapped out of his stupor, Hubert blinked as JJ's voice cut in, and by the time he could swivel around to glance back at him, he was gone. He turned back around to see both JJ and Ele sprinting towards a group of street dancers across the harbor. What had he said again? JJ's words had all mixed into a blurry mess amidst Hubert's amazement at the city, but he did recall JJ saying to stick with him, and that's what he decided he would do. Feeling the spirit of exploration surge through his core with full force, a smile quickly broke out on his face, and as he caught up to JJ, he brought his hand back to hover over the Pokeballs clipped to his bag, ready at a moment's notice.

"Ready whenever y'all are."

~Aldon Charlton...~
~Skol the king of gods, Bran the bronzor, Zippy the magnemite, Huck the golett, Wunder the Sigilyph and Bolly the Baltoy...~
~Safari Zone...~
~interactions: Desmond...~

"Maybe. It'd be funny if there was another aggron out here. Or a aron, maybe it has a baby somewhere" Aldon said jokingly. The duo went down the main path. What would they see? Neither of them knew that for certain, but Aldon was excited to find out at least.

"Do you think the main path is safe or should we head down a side trail?" Aldon wondered. It seemed just as likely to meet sonething dangerous both on and off the main path. Though the main path had the luxury of easily finding an exit, it also made it easy for pokémon hiding in trees to find them.

Aldon didn't have any pokémon with him, but he had pokéballs which served to temporarily stun a pokémon if not outright catch them. So he held a safari ball in each hand.

~Meanwhile...~

Skol sat there staring at his front two paws. Or maybe he was staring at the dust floating in the air half an inch from his eye. Kricketune offering apples did not go unnoticed. Skol leaned his head back, but his neck wasn't flexible enough to rest his head on his back so he flopped over. Turning to look at the cricket.

"You got food?" A glimmer of light briefly sparkled in Skol's eye.

~Briar Hightower...~
~Briar Pokémon: Grafaiai/Baba(F), galarian wheezing/Puff Puff(M), tentecruel/Maggie(F), Revavroom/Hemi(M), clodsire/Claudia(F), smeargle/Frida(F)...~
Tangelo Island, June 2nd...~
~Rank: 48,420...~
~Reactions: Adrianne, Reggie...~

As Briar and Adrianne waited at the park entrance, they saw Reggie. As Adrianne had pointed out, Briar looked at Reggie with a puzzled expression. Tilting her head.

"Yeah, Sug. You alright? You know you can talk to us if ya aren't. And if you are, just keep that in mind if it changes... So where to next?" Briar replied. Baba was now playing in the dirt by Briar's feet. Drawing little pictures on the ground. She glanced up from her drawings to give a quick glance at Reggie before resuming. She was drawing several pictures of herself.

Theo Hightower
Sunday - July 24th
Johto Safari Zone Gate
Interactions: Johnathan (Red Gallade), Naka (Merciless Medic), Esther (Kyuukestu)

<Well maybe, but...> She hated the fact her friends were making sense. Minnie was an evolved pokemon now. She was stronger than she had been before. In truth, she wanted to test her mettle against the other fighting type so she could see where she stood now and where she needed to improve. She felt her friend's anger from what had happened and saw that she still accepted the outcome of her own power, which she did her best to try to hide the fact that it had hurt her all the more. That's when she realized she was hide behind her emotions behind excuses, and that went against their teachings. <But I didn't want you to leave me behind.> Deep down she knew the human probably wasn't all bad, given that Chick-pea was so willing to go with her, but that didn't mean she had to admit or like it. She turned her attention to her new human when Minnie did, sending out a wave of her own to more closely examine him now that they were outside the zone. There wasn't any hostility to him that she could sense, much less any sort of evil intentions. Though he seemed to have a massive amount of aura, he clearly didn't know how to control it. He reminded her of a baby having just hatched from its Egg.

Theo followed Naka in order to give both Esther and her pokemon some room, Shinx right on his heels. The cat pokemon was just thankful to be back out of his pokeball. As she explained the situation to Johnathan Theo nodded, remembering how Krem had been able to affect her mood earlier in the day. Had that really only been a few hours ago? It felt like it had been longer. Several near death experiences would do that you he supposed. he listened intently when she told them about the society of fighting types, glancing to the two pokemon his Riolu had gone over to. Mental Note: check to see if Riolu was a fighting type later. It had to be, given how much its punch had hurt earlier, right? Eh. Not necessarily. Turning pages in his still held in hand notebook, Theo would write down all the new words he was hearing for the first time, so he could remember to look them up later. "Not enough aura? What is that like, psychic powers or something? What if you borrowed some from another pokemon?" Only...none of his pokemon were psychic type to his knowledge, so they wouldn't be able to help. Thinking on his own pokemon made him realize he still needed to get to a pokemon center. That Touros in his care was still pretty badly beat up, and the sooner he got it healed the sooner he would feel better about letting it back out in to the wilds of the Safari Zone.

"So let me see if I understand this right. After you tangoed two Touros you climbed a mountain, ran in to fight club, which you're not supposed to talk about fight club, went blow to blow with um...Mien Shoo, won, caught Mein Shoo and Trick or Treater, but then had to be carried back down the mountain by...your champion? I'm...gonna need a bit more of an explination on that one." He thought the whole draw of the Safari Zone was that their pokeballs didn't work. So how was her ace pokemon able to get her safely down the mountainside? "Either way" he continued "I was right. You're crazy. Not that there's anything wrong with crazy." He grinned, then quickly began to look around. There it was in the back of his mind again. That small twinge. <<Train.>> What, now?? Looking to the automatic doors he saw that his Riolu was there, trying in vein to get the doors to open. She wasn't large enough for the doors to recognize her as actually being there, so they weren't opening. "I....think I'm being summoned." he nodded towards the door, though once Esther began to play her flute Theo turned his attention to her. He wanted to go out and see what else the world had to offer, preferably with the aid of his pokemon companions. But maybe waiting another minute or two to listen to Esther play wouldn't hurt anything.

Jayden Jones, July 24th, Castelia City Harbor, WCS rank: 73,875.

"Alright, here we go, come on!"

Jayden sent Ele forward, making the group of people spread, creating a circle around the two trainers and the break dancers. If seemed that maneuver had called the attention of the performers, since they stopped dancing. They stood up, Pokeballs in hand and smiled st the challengers.

"Double battle?"
"Looks that way brother."
"We're good individually..."
"But combined were a hit!"

The two dancers were dressed in a saggy clothes fashion. Like if they purposely bought sizes too big for em. They matched with green and yellow colors, one having a full grown afro and the second braided hair.

"I'm thunder and this is Pansage!"
"I'm lighting and this Panpour!"

Both monkey like Pokémon emerged from their containers, landing with a silly dance and jumping up and down.

"Um, they're small." Jayden looked at Hubert. "This might be too easy."

Hubert Lee​

Castelia City - July 24​

As the crowd surrounding the street performers made way for the oncoming Electivire, Hubert and JJ stepped into the circle of spectators, facing the dancing trainers. An amused smirk laced his lips as he listened to them coordinate their double catchphrase, and as they revealed their Pokemon, he couldn't withhold a laugh at JJ's reaction.

"You and size, man. We really do need to spar after this so I can humble you with my short kings. But first..."

Detaching a Pokeball from his backpack, Hubert tapped it to his forehead, keeping it there for a brief moment before flinging it onto the field. With this, he'd give the crowd, the dancers, and his newfound companion a taste of his strength.

"Let's knock 'em off their feet, Reaper!"

The capsule opened, and with a flash of light the Scorpion Pokemon was summoned, flexing his pincers and letting out a shrill, intense hiss. He then levelled a determined glare at the still dancing Pansage, whose confidence would soon be undone.

"If you don't mind, we'll be taking the first step—Reaper, Poison Fang!"

With another sharp hiss, the Skorupi bared its fangs, which began to gleam with a bright violet and drip with malicious venom. Sparing no time in pressing the offensive per his trainer's instruction, Reaper then lunged at Pansage, reaching with a claw in order to secure his prey and guarantee a direct hit.

Last edited:

"Defend our brother, Scald!"

The water monkey took in a deep breath, puffing up his chest before shooting a boil hot water blast towards the Scoropi.

"Ele, Mega Punch!"

The Electrivire ran directly at the Panpour, his right fist gaining a white glow as he swung it back and then forward, his whole body following after as he lunched fist first at his opponent.

Hubert Lee​

Castelia City - July 24​

"Whoa there, can't have that happening! Reaper, make a shield!"

The Skorupi snarled and reached the Pansage, motioning as if to make his attack. However, as he reached with his claw, he watched intently as the Grass Monkey Pokemon attempted to dart to the side and avoid capture.

Right on the money.

Suddenly, Pansage would see a much larger pincer approach it at breakneck speed, reading its movement and catching it by surprise. Thanks to Reaper's feint and intuition, he now had his target in his tail's vice grip. However, instead of immediately going for his attack, the Scorpion Pokemon's bared fangs remained glowing and dripping with venom, and as the blast of boiling water approached, he turned and held Pansage in front of him, directly in the face of the oncoming Scald attack.

Pansage screeched in fear, waving its hands frantically in front of it as the water crashed upon it without compromise. Panpour, seeing its attack have the adverse effect, couldn't help but falter in shock, leaving it vulnerable to Ele's incoming fist. And to seal the deal, Reaper finally unleashed his own move, sinking his fangs into Pansage's body and letting the venom flow freely. Once he was satisfied with the damage he'd dealt, the Skorupi let out another hiss before swinging his tail and flinging Pansage aside, sending it on a trajectory towards Ele. Hubert, seeing the opportunity, grinned and called out to his teammate.

"Comin' at ya, JJ! We can finish this here!"

Viscount Emery
Battle Chateau,
Kalos​
Interactions: Felix Winchester (@GLITCHSKULL)

Aurorus trembled as Shadow Ball exploded against its side. That Gengar was a slippery one, but not to worry. Now that it had been paralyzed it would be much slower and easier to hit. Emery knew it was time to rack up the damage, the Viscount flourished his cape.

“Go Aurorus, «Echoed Voice»!”

Aurorus sang out, icy waves echoing across the battlefield. Echoed Voice would increase in power with each successive use, it wouldn’t do too much damage now but in another two uses it would be hitting like a truck!

~Buck Gamble...~
~Rank: 99,991
~Buck Pokémon: Braviary/Marshal(M), Mudbray/Tony(M)...~
~Location: Gamble Ranch(Northwest of Aspertia City), trainer school, route 19...~
~Interactions: N/A...~

Somewhere in the barn Buck sat by an old milktank named Bessy. Trimming away at her back left hoof.

"Almost done girl. Just gotta spray it off and then we can wrap it up and you'll be on your way...!" Buck said. Despite the fact that he was supposed to have began his journey he had wanted to finish working with a few of the other pokémon around the ranch before he left. Two of the triplets were out on the fields rounding up the mareep and flaafy.

Jack: When you gonn' go get your adventurin' started already?
Buck: I'll go when I'm done here. I left a list of shit you guys need to get done.
Jack: well get the lead out your ass and get goin'!
Buck: I'll leave when you get your ass back to work! Tell Alice and the twins I said bye
Jim: 'Bout time, now get your ugly ass on outta here

After a few minutes of back to back chatter, Buck eventually headed out. As he left, Marshal flew off the barn. Wings stretched outwards, Marshal soared, and slowly descended. Without warning Marshal latched onto Buck's shoulder, nearly knocking the boy down as it caught him off guard. Buck was a strong lad and could carry Marshal no problem. Marshal cast a large shadow over him. Marshal didn't like going in a pokéball.

Buck's first destination was Aspertia City. Visit the trainer school and find a battle or two. Getting someone to accept his challenge was tricky with a large intimidating eagle giving them death glares. Though its be Tony that would be battling today. Tony hid behind Buck, the small donkey didn't know any of these people and didn't like any of what was going on.

Buck eventually found someone who would battle him. One of the teachers at the school decided to take him on. Marshal used his large wing to push the frightened Tony within view. When the teacher saw the mudbray, he raised an eyebrow.

"I know just the pokémon to use" He reached onto his belt and grabbed a pokéball.

"Come on out, patrat, you can do this" He said. Tony stares at the latest, nearly tripping over his own hooves.

"We'll start first. Patrat use tackle" - Teacher
"Tony, use mud slap!" - Buck
"Use leer" - teacher
"Oh no! Use rock smash!" - Buck
"Dodge and use bite" - Teacher
"Use iron defense then double kick!" - Buck

As patrat started the match it wasted no time closing the gap. Tony nervously stepped back before being told to use mud slap. He closed his eyes and began kicking up dirt as fast as he could. Some successfully hitting patrat. Patrat ran through the pain and landed a tackle cause Tony to stumble over. After being commanded again, patrat glared down at the trembling donkey. Tony was almost too scared to move.

Buck's voice managed to snap him out of it. He reluctantly charging head first and patrat dodged it before biting him. Tony let out a cry but managed to focus long enough to use iron defence. Moments later Tony swung his first leg back hitting patrat in the stomach and the second hit it in the jaw sending it backwards. Fainted.

"You did it Tony!" Buck called out. Tony peeked out the corner of his eye to see a knocked out patrat be returned. Tony ran to Buck, and Buck hugged him. Tony was just happy the fight was over. After calming Tony down, he returned him to his pokéball. Buck spoke to the teacher and he talked about taking on the gym leader. Though he'd need to train more and get Tony some more confidence first. They agreed and Buck healed Tony before heading to route 19.

Last edited:

"Finish this off Ele, Thunder Punch!"

Ele didn't need further instructions, his fist went from white energy to being covered in electricity. With one swoop, he smashed the Panpour on the back, forcing it to collide with its incoming partner and then smashing them down to the ground.

The crowd clapped and laughed at the obvious result. While the dancer returned their Pokemon, one of them quickly announced, "That's why we are dedicated to dancing ladies and gentlemen!"

With a chuckle, JJ walked over to thank their opponents and receive the prize money. "Thanks!" He waited for Hubert to get his share before directing his attention to him. "That was easy! Come on, this city has plenty of tough trainers, we should go to the Pokemon Center and then head off to find more opponents. Unless, you have other plans?"

Kurashiki Ki, July 24th, Hulbury Galar.

That challenge had been hell or more like the opposite. Kura was soaking wet, her uniform and hair dripping water as she stepped into the locker room. Replays of her slipping and falling face first because of the water were being shown on the screen, followed by the laughter of the crowd. She couldn't feel more embarrassed! Still, her team was in top shape and ready to go! Once she got the green light, the cheering of the crowd increased and she could hear her name...

"From Hammerlocke, sponsored by Mankey's Mechanics Auto Shop, Kurashiki.... KIIIIIII!"

The purple haired Galarian ran down the tunnel, her heart beating against her chest while the Pokeball holding her Torchic shook with excitement. As soon as she stepped out, the crowd got more excited. She knew what it was like to cheer for the underdog, it was her go to choice whenever her dad took her to see the gym battles. She never imagined she would be standing in the battle field herself though!

The lights went out, the crowd grew silent, the spotlight focused on the middle of the arena as the gym leader began to make her entrance.

Sunday, July 24th
The Raging Wave – Nessa
Hulbery Stadium, Hulbery
Galar​
Interactions: Kurashiki Ki (@Hecotoro)

“Give it up form Hulbery’s very own Gym Leader—The RAGING Wave—NESSA!!”

The Announcer’s voice faded, drowned out by the crash of waves! The ring of water that surrounded the battlefield surged and a single, colossal tide crashed down onto the battlefield. The water drained away to reveal the Raging Wave herself, the ever-cool Nessa! The Crowd surged with the Gym Leader’s arrival, the noise almost deafening as they begun Galar’s Gym Chant—“OH! OH! OH! OHH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OHHH!”

Nessa stepped up to the Gym leader’s box and the crowd dimmed, if only to let her speak.

“Welcome honored challenger; I don’t doubt the difficulty of my Gym Challenge, yet you’ve cleared it in record time. Your mind as a pokémon trainer must be quite refined. Regardless, whatever plans you may be plotting, my partners and I will be sure to sink them!”

With a Dive Ball in palm, Nessa chose her first pokémon.

“You’re up first—Wingull!”

The Seagull Pokémon took to the field in a flash of light, circling Nessa’s half of the battlefield as they awaited Kurashii’s pokémon.

"Okay, I'm ready!" Kura ran to her spot on the field, her hand trembling over the Pokeball on her belt. Nessa was so amazing and so confident, Shiki couldn't help but admire her despite the fact they were about to battle. "Let's go, Torchic!"

The orange chicken Pokemon emerged from his Pokeball, running around as if chasing his own tail. Kurashiki was starting with her ace, not because she wanted to win with one Pokemon, but the remaining two would need all the help in the world to take down Nassa's team, so, Torchic was to do as much damage as possible. The chick Pokemon jumped across the water and landed on the stage in the center. He fluffed up his feathers and shot a challenging look to the Wingull.

"Battle Start!"

"Quick Attack!" Kura reacted quickly, wanting to get as much damage as possible in.

The Torchic let out a battle cry and dashed forward, running across the stage and then shooting upwards towards the Wingull in two quick movements.

Sunday, July 24th
The Raging Wave – Nessa
Hulbery Stadium, Hulbery
Galar​

Nessa smirked, amused by the challenger’s choice of Torchic as their first pokémon. Not many people would field a fire type in a water type Gym. It was a curious choice and suggested Kirashiki had a plan—that or they really needed to brush up on their type advantage chart. The truth remained to be seen.

Nessa swept her hand through the air as she called her move, “Alright Wingull, «Quick Attack!»”

It was a mirror match! Wingull flapped its wings and dived down in a streak of white, aiming to slam into the airborne Torchic—they would both take damage, but Torchic would be worse off after plummeting back to the ground!

Torchic smashed into the Wingull and then smashed into the ground. Kura was not expecting it to have the same move they did!

"Are you okay?!" She called out as the chick jumped back on to his feet and shook his head. Torchic was ready to go again, despite the pain from the impact. "Good, need more than that to beat us! Let's go, Scratch!"

Torchic darted forward again, this time faster than before, jumped into the air, reaching heights above the WIngull and started swinging his legs wildly, attempting to hit the bird as many times as possible with the help of gravity.

Sunday, July 24th
The Raging Wave – Nessa
Hulbery Stadium, Hulbery
Galar​

‘Ohoh?’ The Raging Wave perked up as she observed the Torchic as it lay into Wingull with a flurry of scratches. “That’s a special Torchic, but it’ll take far more than that to win! Wingull, «Supersonic» then «Water Gun»!”

Nessa covered her ears.

With Torchic right on top of it, Wingull took a deep breath and SCREAMED. A deafening caw that was sure to scatter the flame chick’s mind and send it teetering in confusion…unless Kurashiki had some tricks up her sleeve. Regardless, Wingull would then follow up with a torrent of water to either punish a confused Torchic or force some distance between them so it could once again take to the skies!

As the Torchic came closer to his opponent, his vision became blurry, only remembering seeing the Wingull let out a loud screech.

"Look out!" Were the last words that Torchic heard as he missed his target, crashed to the ground and then got blasted by a string of water. Plop! The fire type landed inside the water, disappearing under it.

"Wake up Torchic!" Kura cried out, they had barely done any damage to the Wingull, if Torchic was out that quick. She held her breath waiting for a few seconds before recalling the Tochic, and then, it jumped out. The chick Pokemon was barely standing, clearly still confused and tumbling to the sides, but it was still looking around for his opponent.

"Ember!" Shiki called out, trying to keep the pressure on the bird Pokemon.

Torchic spit several fireballs towards the Wingull, "Quick Attack again!", The fire chick dashed ahead, even faster than before, this time going for an inclined angle to avoid being shut down again, going for a face to face confront.

Sunday, July 24th
The Raging Wave – Nessa
Hulbery Stadium, Hulbery
Galar​

An unfortunate confusion saw Torchic crash to the ground and eat a Water Gun. It looked like whatever strategy Kurashiki had; it was al for naught now. Still, the challenger proved tenacious, moving in for another close-range encounter. Nessa almost felt bad for them. Almost. She was still a gym leader, and these were the kinds of unfortunate circumstances trainers needed to overcome. It was better that she fail here and learn a meaningful less than fail in the wild and become poké-chow.

The Raging Wave pressed forward—“Hide yourself with «Mist» and then finish it off with «Wing Attack»!”

Moisture filled the air as Wingull whipped up a thick mist. The Ember vanished into the smokescreen and not even Nessa knew if Wingull had managed to dodge all the hits. Regardless, Wingull’s 『Keen Eye』would prevent it from losing sight of Torchic. Meaning that as Torchic closed in once more, Wingull was ready to slap back with glowing wings!

Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo

Beatrice's pokemon, with the exception of Seda and Clyde, eventually returned to the girl's side. Vallace stood by after getting out of the Bug Buzz range, although not unscathed, while Wattz had landed onto Beatrice's palm. “I did not expect to see a sudden evolution, this situation is getting more difficult.” The girl said to herself.

Before long, a shouting from the blond haired woman that was part of Esther’s group reached her ears. “Lead the Yanmega away? Is that what she said?” She repeated, making sure she heard the other girl correctly. “Hmm, that does sound like a good idea now that I think about it. Let's try that.” She concluded.

Turning back to the battlefield, Beatrice witnessed her Cyclizar's attack be blocked by a wall of stone, those same rocks exploding into debris moments after. “Watch out!” She shouted as she shielded herself from the falling rubble.

After the shower of stone had subsided, Beatrice quickly began thinking about their next move. “Well, since he’s already there.” The young woman spoke as she pressed down on her earpiece. “Clyde! Attack with Breaking Swipe!” She commanded. Hearing his trainer’s words reach his ear, the mount pokemon quickly leaped back towards the Yanmega. A purple light enveloped the Cyclizar’s tail as he swung it at the opposing pokemon.

The Quick Attack hit! Despite Torchic disappearing into the Mist, the spark of the impact could be seen, which made Kura cheer, for a second. Soon after, the impact of Wing Attack sent Torchic flying, crashing in front of his trainer, unconscious.

"No! Torchic!" Shiki called out as she picked up the fainted fire type. The sight of him still breathing eased her worry, not used to seeing her ace down and out. With a sigh, she returned the Pokemon back to his Pokeball and choose the only viable option left. "Go, Honedge!"

The sword Pokemon emerged from his confinement and on to the center of the field. "Shadow Sneak!"

In a quick dive, the sword disappeared into the shadows of the bird Pokémon, lurking and preparing to strike.

Sunday, July 24th
The Raging Wave – Nessa
Hulbery Stadium, Hulbery
Galar​

The sound of pokémon colliding echoed from within the mist, but it seemed that Wingull had the upperhand as Torchic finally couldn’t withstand any more. As the fire chick fainted, Kurashiki sent out her next pokémon swiftly moving in with a Shadow Sneak. Nessa raised an eyebrow but didn’t put up much resistance as Wingull fainted to the sneak attack.

“Well done challenger, but this is just the beginning!” Wingull returned in a flash of red light and Nessa wipped out a lure ball.

“You’re up next, Wooper! Use «Mud Shot»!”

As Nessa’s new pokémon took the field, it delighted in the moist atmosphere created by the Mist and quick belched out a volley of «Mud Bomb»!

"Furry Cutter!" Shiki called out.

The Honedge stood his ground, preparing his sharp blade at the incoming attack. It was skinny enough to avoid most of the incoming projectiles, and the few that were going directly at it, slash, slash, slash, splat!

Honedge stumbled back as one of em finally hit him. It had taken some good damage, but the sword wasn't backing down yet.

"Shadow Sneak!"

Once again, the sharp Pokémon disappeared into the shadows.