• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

Azumi Towers, Route 7, July 6th.

"I agree..." Azumi said dusting her hands and then returning her Meowscarada back to her Poke Ball. "We should get going."

Azumi gave Esther a quick bow and smile to thank her for providing the right tools to get the job done quicker. Azumi covered her eyes as she looked up, spotting her Altaria joyfully flying around the barn. They would need the bird's eye view to make it to the hospital safely. "I appreciate your help Ms. Esther, don't hesitate to call if things get too out of control here."

Azumi oved over to the cart, Roy whipping his tail from side to side impatiently, until Azumi patted his neck. "Now now Roy, we're leaving. I promise to let you get plenty of rest afterwards." Azumi climbed on the Mudsdale back and looked over at Monty. "Will you be riding with me or on the cart monsieur?"

Once Monty made his decision, they went off. Roy of course moved a bit slower this time, but there wasn't much difference, his powerful body being able to much such a haul like nothing. "Keep a look out Monty, if you see my dear Nimbus acting up," She pointed at the blue cloud Pokemon flying ahead, "It means something is coming."

Montagne Khastil
July 6 Rivière Walk (Route 7), Berry Farm, Kalos

From his spot behind Azumi on Roy's back, Monty watched the blue cloud with vested interest. Like the Mudsdale beneath him, Nimbus didn't just serve as a battler. Its aerial mobility made it versatile, able to provide overwatch and be sent out on its own to run errands when its trainer was otherwise occupied.

In contrast, the gangster's own team lacked those kinds of capabilities. He glanced back at the cart, where Oracle and Chauffemagne sat among the berries watching for any Pokémon stupid enough to try and ambush them. The Houndour's capabilities were the most versatile, tracking being his first and foremost support skill with his battling prowess lagging far behind the Absol's. Abné, relegated to her ball for the ride, was about as far behind the pair of them as she could get in both aspects.

Azumi didn't prioritize battling for Roy and Nimbus, that was for sure. Monty hadn't seen either of them until today, but they had both already proven to serve special roles that the others might not be able to.

What roles could he find for his team? Using a Pokémon for something other than attacking...how had he never thought of that before?

"Say, Countess," Monty started, breaking the short silence that had fallen on the pair during the ride away from the farm. "You know Abnégarde, right? She's...terrified of battling. Every time I've tried to use her in one, she refuses and runs from her opponent." After snagging her from the poacher's camp, a long week of trial and error proved the Eevee had a serious combat-aversion. "She's cute and all, but I need her to start pulling her weight a little. Do you have any advice?"

July 6th, Wednesday - Rivière Walk, Route 7, Berry Fields, Kalos Region
Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo

It appeared the others didn’t pay the strange man any mind, so Beatrice decided to ignore him for the time being as well.

After a while, Azumi and Monty were off once again, carrying with them the many pails of berries they had been picking during this time. The girl waved them goodbye before turning to the only other person still next to her. “So uh, what should we do now? I had Wattz scan the area and I did not see any other wild pokemon in the immediate vicinity of the farm.” She began. “That’s not to say more won’t show up, with the ecosystem in the unstable state it's in, there is a good possibility that even more pokemon will appear outside their natural habitat. This being a berry farm would be a point of interest for them since it is an easy source of food for those unfamiliar with the surrounding environment.”

Beatrice’s head shifted towards the ground as she pressed her index against the area between her eyes, entrering a state of deep thought. “Hmm, this isn’t my area of expertise so I can’t make an accurate guess of what might happen in the coming days or how long it’ll take before the damage to the ecosphere enters a state beyond repair, I do hope the rangers can resolve this situation before that happens. Nature usually isn’t equipped to handle such a drastic shift in such a short time and there’s no telling how long it would take to heal.” She added before turning back towards Esther. “Oh sorry, I started rambling.”

After her wordy exposition, the young woman remembered something that should be worth sharing. "Oh right, because Wattz was with them earlier, I was able to listen in on the rundown of the situation at the cave up the road. Do you want to hear it?" She asked.

July 27th, Reina, Melemele Island.

It was dark. Reina imagined some sort of tropical paradise with a bright sun and people on and about, but her master had booked her flight in the middle of night. It was well past midnight, most likely later.

Reina stepped out of the airport, her bag over her shoulder and Hawlucha yawning next to her. The Melemele Airport sign looked really festive, but with not that many people around it was a bit creepy. The Metztli trainer sighed loudly as she looked around for her guide. But the only person in sight was a man about her age, green braids tied up into a ponytail, a Alolan shirt with pineapple print, black cargo pants and sandals.

As Reina looked at him, she noticed he was looking back at her. They both stared at each other for a few seconds, until the young man smiled and waved. “You must be Reina!”

Reina blinked a few times before she realized it must be her guide. “I am! Hello, and you are?”

He stepped forward and offered the girl a handshake. “I'm Hau, Alola.”

“You're named after the region?” Reina couldn't hold back the question as she shook his hand.

Hau laughed and scratched the back of his head. “No, just Hau. Alola is how we say hello.”

“Oh! Well Alola to you too.” Reina laughed along Hau for a few moments until they both felt silent.

As if on purpose, the sun began to emerge from the edge of the sea, illuminating the area with its orange golden rays. The light illuminated Reina's eyes as she looked at the horizon. “Wow, it's beautiful!”

“Yeah it is.” Hau said, his sight set on Reina as he watched her appreciate the scenery before them. “We should get going, you two must be exhausted.” Hau said as he took Reina's bag.

“Oh thank you. Well, we could use some sleep. Right, Blue Demon?” She looked at her travel partner, getting another yawn from the Hawlucha in response.

“Ha! I imagine. Come on, gramps wants to meet you first. Once you get settled I'll make sure to have a malasada ready for you.”

“Why would you give me something wrongly cooked?”

“Huh? No, that's the name.”

“The name is badly cooked?”

“What? No, come on, it's malasada, man you're really sleepy.” Hau laughed as they walked together. “It's a traditional dish here.”

“Um, okay, I guess.” Reina laughed the confusion away as they made their way to two Tauros. “Wow! I have like these, we're mounting them?”

“Sure are, you ever ridden yours?”

“Of course, but these seats look more modern.”

“Of course, they're very safe, so the Tauros can go all out.”

As the two mounted and shared Tauros riding stories, the sun continued to rise above the sea, waking up the lively islands of Alola and Reina's spirit.

~Buck Gamble...~
~Rank: 99,987...~
~Buck Pokémon: Braviary/Marshal(M) lvl 55, Mudbray/Tony(M) lvl 13, /Bagon/Waylon(M) lvl 15...~
~Location: Pledge Grove, ???...~
~Interactions: N/A...~

Buck made his way down the tunnel and lit his lantern as he descended downward. As he reached the bottom, the first thing he noticed was a large metal door ripped off it's hinges. Looking over at the damaged wall, it was safe to say something strong hit it. Though the rust on the door suggest it happened a long time ago and whatever did so likely wasn't nearby. At least he hoped that would be the case.

he found himself facing a large open room. Given the cobwebs, it had further strengthened the belief the place was vacant. A look around might reveal some interesting treasure. Buck wasn't sure what he'd find but it was worth a look.

~Aldon Charlton...~
~Skol the king of gods, Bran the bronzor, Zippy the magnemite, Huck the golett, Wunder the Sigilyph and Bolly the Baltoy...~
~Whirl Islands, Johto ...~
~interactions: N/A...~

As Aldon remembered the boat ride to Olivine City, he decided he's take a quick trip to Whirl Islands before he needed to be back. He decided to leave a note on Desmond's door letting him know where he was headed. He figured he'd let soneone know in case he was gone longer than expected.

Without further adieu, he chatted with the sailor he spoke to on the morning. He was so friendly he agreed to take him part of the way to the islands. Though not too close for safety.

Aldon would rely on Wunder to get him past the whirlpools. He heard of rumors of a certain ruin out in the parts and wanted to check it out. Aldon hung from Wunder while Skol somehow clung to Aldon's legs.

As he headed overhead, he found an entrance into one of them. Though before they could reach it, Skol let go of Aldon, splashing into the water just slightly off the islands coast. As Aldon went to look for his faithful companion, he noticed Skol was nowhere to be seen. In his place was a surprisingly deep hole beneath the water's surface. As he gazed down into the abyss, so too did Skol gaze up at him from beneath. It would appear Skol noticed a tunnel. Aldon was dumbfounded if it were luck or brilliant observation, but without further hesitation, he decided to check it out. He still had a breather on him and went into the water. Going deeper until they found a passage. Into the island they went.

Tge passage lead him into an open cavernous space with obvious statues. In the center, a pedestal with a small chest. He walked towards it, but quickly noticed that as he made a step, one of his feet slipped downwards into the ground like quicksand. The ceiling was fairly low so flying across wasn't the best option.

As Aldon looked around, he found some rocks he could throw. Depending on whether or not the rocks sank or not gave him an idea of where he could safely step. He'd need to be quick if he wanted to make it back to Cianwood City on time.

Milliana Barlowe, Unranked, Route 217, Sinnoh, June 22nd.

Milliana was nervous, especially if her true Identity as The Daughter of the Commander of a group of dangerous poachers ended up revealed. She then looked down at her Pokédex, realizing that maybe the Dex would help her. Duraludon appreciated the Clefairy's help and ran around with excitement, then staying near the camp.

"D-do y-you h-have a P-Pokédex, A-axel?" Milliana responded, "A-A P-pokédex c-could s-solve m-my d-dilemma. M-mine m-might n-not b-be t-the m-most u-useful?"

Klefki popped out of their pokéball and was snatched out of the air immediately by Duraludon before it could go find any keys.
Axel, Route 217, Sinnoh, June 22nd.

Axel perked up a little bit. "Pokedex? Nah, not me, never really thought about it. I'm sorry" Axel laid on the ground and crossed his legs. Axel recalled his Bronzor who had fallen asleep. His Hisuian Arcanine moved closer to the tent and fire as Clefairy waddled over to rest near Axel. He gazed up at the clearing sky. "What problem are you having though if you don't mind me asking?"
He wanted to help Milliana as much as he could. It was the right thing to do after all. Axel smiled as He saw his Clefairy dancing round the fire. Made him think about the undeground and his years of spelunking underground the past several years.

Friday, July 25th – 5:38 a.m.
Pyrrha Achilleia Astierra
Public Hot Spring – Dogo Onsen Yamatoya Honten, Cianwood City
Johto​
Mom (a.k.a Esther) | Stripes (a.k.a Kasriel – G-Zigzagoon) | Sweets (a.k.a Çiera – Bounsweet) | Pretty (a.k.a Īstha – Feebas) | Itsy (a.k.a L’Basseau – Surskit) |

Pyrrha pulled herself from the waters of the hot pond—for the umpteenth time—vexed. “Why!? Why can’t I get it? Why is balancing soo hard?” Her blood boiled and her scales would’ve rattled if they weren’t so clogged with water. Instead, she settled for a near second, her tail angrily whipping the water.

“Ain’t it cause of your big fat head? Chaw-haw-haw!”

“Shut up Stripes! My head is not FAT!”

Fury arose unbidden and Pyrrha’s whirled on Stripes—the jerk—so smug, so condescending. Her eyes narrowed, bleary from something that wasn’t steam.

“Awww, don’t cry kid. Your head might be heavy but—"

“My head is NOT HEAVY!”

A near-growl escaped her maw, the strokes of her tail now a rousing purple.

Esther Rosana Sophys
Public Hot Spring – Dogo Onsen Yamatoya Honten, Cianwood City
Johto​
『 Pyrrha | Halay | Maçiera | Kasriel | L’ Basseau | Īstha 』​
Interactions: Nakano Saito (@Merciless Medic)

Well, that was sage advice but also too little too late to be useful. Īstha was already resorting to self-hypnosis, a bandage the size of which Naka wouldn’t even believe. Was exposure therapy the way to go? It sounded like a good idea but at the same time, jumping from nothing to hundreds in a live audience did seem a bit…much. Maybe there was some way to…ameliorate the exposure?

Arceus, wasn’t Naka supposed to be a veteran trainer? This wasn’t even that big of a problem, yet she barely had any useful advice. Asking Naka had been a mistake. Some hot-shot she was, she was such a disapp—Esther blinked. The scowl that had unknowingly twisted her features froze and slowly, with measured effort, relaxed into a smile.

“One moment, please.”

Esther stood up, removing her head-towel, and wrapping it to preserve what modesty she could. It was kind of hard to care about that now when her anger and frustration threatened to boil over into tears. A dozen paces later Esther was sweeping her partner into her arms and returning to Naka’s side. Gentle strokes and gentler emotions soothed The Dragon as Esther cooed, “There there, I’ll teach you how to surf. Just give me a few more minutes, okay?”

When Esther returned to Naka, it was with an apologetic smile.

“Sorry about that and thanks Naka, but I’ll have to give it some more thought. Going straight into a Contest does seem like a big jump…anyway, I also wanted to ask if you had any advice on sponsorships and affiliations—as in, how do I earn them? My team is gonna eat a hole through my pocket unless I can figure out some better ways to earn money.”

$??? | Pokéball x??? | PokéToy | Practice Ball | PokéFlute | Unidentified Fossil
Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Bottle (1/2 Gallon)
Water Purifier & Filter
Gothic Lolita Set (Clothing)
Lace Set (Clothing)
Chic Asymmetry Set (Clothing)
Kilt & Ballet Flats
Winter Gear (Clothing)
Climbing Gear
Swimwear
Detachable Rollerblades

~Aldon Charlton...~
~Skol the king of gods, Bran the bronzor, Zippy the magnemite, Huck the golett, Wunder the Sigilyph and Bolly the Baltoy...~

~Date: ???...~
~ Canalave City, Iron Island...~
~interactions: ...~

A nice warm mostly sunny day in Sunnoh. Wingull and pelipper flying overhead and the occasional finneon could be seen just below the surface of the ocean. Aldon and Skol had continued their journey to Sinnoh as Aldon watched the birds fly overhead, and Skol leaned against the ship rail. Upon doing so, a mantyke leaped from the water, splashing the psychic hippo in the process. The two exchanged grins. A loud ship horn could be heard moments later.

"Come on buddy! It's time to get going. Lots to see and do" Aldon's voice rang out. The duo made their way off the boat. Since they were in Sinnoh, it seemed like the safe idea would be to head to Iron island. Aldon knew this and already scheduled a boat ride there upon arriving in Canalave City.

Not for from where Aldon was, an older gentleman sitting on the back of an old boat was looking out for something or rather someone. Aldon waved at the man and made his way over to him.

"All aboard who's going aboard to iron island" The man said.

"Hiya. I was hoping to find some fossils while out there. Maybe meet up with one of my dad's old friends" Aldon said. They spoke over the botw ride and it went smoothly until they reached the island. It was raining and storming something fierce. Upon leaving the boat, Aldon and Skol would need to run for shelter. Finding the research facility was pretty easy. As he made his way inside, he greeted the people there. He explained he was looking for fossils to which he was promptly given some helpful tips and solid advice. It was still raining inside so he'd search the cave system first and foremost. They even gave him a hard hat so he could have done additional light.

Rather than wait for the rain to go away, now was as good as time to head out. He threw his hard hat on and ran out the door and made way to the mines below. Having Skol by his side would help a lot should he find himself dealing with wild and dangerous rock or ground types. With his helmet light turned on, he was ready to go!

insert dramatic pose in front entrance with the light at Aldon's back, a shovel in hand and Skol at his side

~To be continued...~

Last edited:
Brian Killian - Trainer rank: 242
August 10th - Route 216, Sinnoh Region

Another cold and snowy day within the frozen routes that lead up to Snowpoint City, the sun shined whenever it got the chance to peek through the clouds that relentlessly continued to blanket the lands in more snow than there already was. Amidst the snow-covered tundra, several Pokemon did the best they could to stay warm and search for food, all except for the Ice type Pokemon who happily thrived within an environment most appropriate for them, all of which however had the same idea: To run and hide when they felt the ground lightly shake along with the sounds of footsteps slowly walk in their direction. They remained cautious until they looked out and found the source of all the noise and shaking; a large and seemingly docile Aurorus that passed by, upon closer inspection, it seemed that there was an individual that rode atop the tundra Pokemon, it was Brian--who swapped out his fuchsia coat and hat for an ankle long and hooded purple winter coat with white fur linings.

It had been some time ever since Brian came to Sinnoh during his travels, he returned to the cold region out of a desire to see the Spear Pillar, one reason was because it was one of the many notable sights the world had to offer and he had yet to see it for himself, another reason was the hope that it could give him some inspiration or ideas on how it is he could improve as a Pokemon trainer. While it would be much easier for him to fly up there and avoid having to trudge through the thigh deep snow since he had Flygon within his current Pokemon party, Brian was someone who liked to take the slow and steady approach as it would allow him to have more time to admire his surroundings, doing so sometimes proved to be beneficial.

Brian's path through the snow was a peaceful--yet rather chilling--experience until Aurorus turned her head to the left and seemed to curiously look out at something that caught her eye, Brian turned his head over to the same direction to try and see what it was that caught her attention, he pulled down his hood to get a better look. "What's wrong, Aurorus?" Brian asked as he dismounted his Ice/Rock type companion who let out a gentle hum and lightly nodded her head up in a certain direction, Brian immediately trudged through the snow in the direction she 'pointed' in, the amount of snow got thinner once he was under the trees which made his path much clearer... alongside a better look at what it is Aurorus found: a lone and rather large Pokemon egg. Brian was amazed that there were eggs that could get to such a size, which meant the Pokemon that laid it must have been just as big... speaking of which, Brian didn't see any signs of the mother at all, no footprints that lead to or from the egg nor were there any markings that anyone had been within the area for some time.

"Curious... it's not like a Pokemon so big could be that good at covering it's tracks." Brian pondered as he looked around the general area to see if there were any signs of Pokemon that passed through here; no footprints, no claw marks, no stray feathers or bits of hair... nothing, it was almost as if this egg had just been abandoned, a conclusion Brian didn't want to consider. Aurorus stepped closer to Brian, though rather than walk right over to the egg, she kept her distance and only let her head and long neck peek through the trees, Brian smiled and went to pet Aurorus' head. "Very well spotted, my friend. Why don't you rest for a little while." Brian said as he got out Aurorus' Poke ball and returned her to it, he put the Poke ball in his trouser pocket before he reached out for another one, this one let out his most trusted partner, Gallade, who immediately looked over at the egg, then over at Brian, then immediately nodded before his trainer could say anything, something that Brian couldn't help but smile at. "Thank you, brother." Brian said warmly as he sat down with his back against the tree and remained close to the egg, Gallade simply scanned the area for any Pokemon that come through this way.

After what felt like a good thirty minutes, a sudden cracking sound filled the silence, Brian and Gallade both turned their attention to the large egg and noticed an ever growing crack on it along with small movements, Brian and Gallade quickly looked at each other before they looked back down at the egg, surprised to see it hatching only moments after stumbling upon it. As the egg cracked more and more, the shell eventually shattered and revealed the Pokemon that was housed within, it was the Flying Pokemon, Rufflet! ...And a rather large one at that; a good 50% larger than any Rufflet he's ever seen, and this is one that just hatched.

The newly hatched Pokemon slowly opened it's eyes and turned to look around at where he was, the first individual he set his eyes on was Brian, who gently smiled down at the newly hatched bird Pokemon and gently held out his hand to it. "Hello little one, welcome to the world." Brian said softly before he stopped and remembered Rufflet's Pokedex entry, worried that the little one would show signs of hostility like other Rufflets tended to do in order to gain acceptance from their parents, while Brian made sure to remain gentle with the Rufflet, he knew he had to be cautious. Rufflet on the other hand looked down at Brian's held out hand and uneasily hopped over to it he inspected the hand before he jumped on to it and seemingly sat down and tried to get comfortable in it, Brian let out a little and soft laugh at the adorable display before him. Gallade smiled and got down on one knee, he reached out the gently pet the Rufflet's head while he too softly greeted him, Rufflet turned his head over to Gallade and unlike Brian who he looked at with innocent child-like curiosity, he looked at Gallade with a more analytical gaze as if studying a potential opponent and suddenly...

SQUAWK!

Both Brian and Gallade were shocked to hear such a mighty sound erupt from the beak of the young Rufflet who hastily flapped his wings and began to attack Gallade with a series of aggressive Pecks. "Don't fight back Gallade, just stay on the defense." Brian called while Gallade nodded and kept his arms up like that of a boxer to block the incoming attacks, while the super effective Flying type Pecks weren't too painful thanks to Rufflet being newly hatched, the blade Pokemon still found the situation to be rather irritating. Luckily though, he didn't have to suffer for too long as Rufflet began to show signs of fatigue and his flying became even more uneasy, just before he fell, Brian quickly reached out and caught the little guy who he looked down at with a gentle smile once again. "Are you finished, little one? I believe you've earned our acceptance." Not that it was really necessary, but since he was the first being that Rufflet saw, it wasn't too surprising that the flying Pokemon saw Brian as a parental figure, which only meant Brian had another Pokemon to take care of, not that he minded.

Gallade reached out to pet Rufflet's head once again, this time the bird Pokemon showed no sign of any hostility, even though Gallade was a bit more cautious than before, but he knew that they would likely warm up to each other in time, he trusted that his 'brother' would raise him well as he did with all his other Pokemon... and he knew that Gothitelle would be more than happy to look after Rufflet. Brian reached in to his pocket and got out a Poke ball, Rufflet curiously eyed the spherical device before Brian playfully and lightly bumped it against the tip of his beak, in doing so, the Poke ball opened and Rufflet was sucked inside, the Poke ball shook once in Brian's hand... then twice... then a third time... then...

He heard a little ding come from the Poke ball to notify him of a successful catch, unlike other trainers that would confidently notify anyone nearby of their successful capture, Brian simply looked down at the Poke ball with a warm smile and gently put his forehead against it. "Welcome, Rufflet." Brian said softly before he put the Poke ball in his pocket, then smiled as he looked at Gallade while he got out his Poke ball. "Ready to continue, Gallade?" Brian asked, Gallade quickly responded with a confident nod before he was returned to his Poke ball, Brian looked down at the Poke ball and nodded before he put it back in his pocket, once again he sent out Aurorus as he walked out of the trees to see that the snow clouds have cleared up.

Brian smiled as he looked up at the sky before Aurorus called out to him and got on her knees to make it easier for her trainer to hop on her back, Brian immediately climbed atop Aurorus and gently stroked the back of her neck. "That was a brilliant find, Aurorus. I'm sure Rufflet will be a wonderful addition to the team... and a great member of the family." He said while Aurorus let out a soft and seemingly happy hum in agreement before she looked on ahead and both trainer and Pokemon resumed their journey to Mount Coronet.

Azumi Post in Kalos.

"Well not every Pokemon has to be a fighter you know? I wouldn't worry too much about her." Azumi adjusted herself on her sit. "Eevee is technically the adaptation Pokemon. Her gift is being able to adapt to her environment. Whenever she's ready, she will develop into a Pokémon that will be a good fit for your team."

Azumi stood quiet for a bit, trying to come up with an example. "I remember a class on it back in high school. Pokémon and humans work so well together because they evolve into a better version of themselves according to their environment. We see it in regional variants. That's why specific humans befriend specific Pokémon better than others. In your case, having someone like Oracle around, I'm sure Eevee is going to find a way to work with her and with you. I believe once you have a clear goal, Eevee will do what she can to help you reach it. In exchange, trust her and trear her well. The better the bond, the better results."

~Aldon Charlton...~
~Whirl Island, Cianwood City Johto ...~
~interactions: N/A...~

As Aldon stood on the other side of the quicksand pit, just along the other side was a chasm leading deeper into the cave. He hunched over so Skol could latch onto his back.

"Ready?"

"Poke poke...!"

Just like that, Aldon began walking towards the slopes edge where some of the water was running down. A large underground cavern water rushing in on all sides where they met at the bottom to form an underground lake. As Aldon stood there, he slid down, carefully adjusting his body to take account for the extra weight and not lose balance. He glided down the slope. Near the bottom was a large gap where the water ran off. Just on the other side was a ledge just big enough for him to grab ahold of.

Near the bottom, he leaped and used his forward momentum to run a few steps across the wall. Grabbing ahold of the rocks, he began shimmying his way around when he could then reach some stelagtites. He kicked off the wall and grabbed one but was quickly slipping and kicked off that one as well which broke off the tip. As he grabbed another.

KRSSSHH!!!

Smashing into the ground, splashing the water. Luckily this one was thicker and just below it was a stalagmite. Letting go of the statagtite to try grab the one below him was a reluctant choice and took a leap of faith, but he managed to get a good grasp. Albeit his arms felt it bad causing him to wince, but not enough to lose grip.

"Skol, get my rope." Skol used his psychic abilities to lift the rope from within his bag. Skol knew what he was doing. He looked dumb, and sometimes seemed it, but he knew more than he lead others to believe.

Skol tied the rope into a double bowline knot then hung it from the stalagmite. In a sit second Aldon squeezed his legs as hard as he could so he could grab the rope without slipping. Carefully sliding down, he safely landing on the ground. A breath and sigh of relief.

Skol lifted the rope again and without being asked, he slid it back in the bag without even needing to be asked. Just on the other side of the lake was a small man made structure of stone. Nobody was near so he told Skol to go fishing while he switched into his swim trunks. He could have used a pokémon to get him across, but this was more fun. He swam but mostly held onto Skol as his hippo did most of the work to get to the other side. Pulling himself up, he began to scope out the structure. A large mostly empty structure with curved stone benches which wrapped around the room in an arcing shape. An elevated platform just across from the entrance. One thing that caught Aldon's attention was a silvery gemstone with a slight blue hue to it. He looked around but couldn't find anything else of interest worth bringing back. He left there.

Getting out of the cave could be difficult but he crossing the lake and grabbed his bag. Finding the cliff he came in from, he struggled but managed to climb one of the stalagmites with the rope in hand. Aldon turned towards the cliff, and sent golett from it's pokéball onto the cliff on the other side.

"Give Huck some of the rope. Now grab the rope and run with it Huck on the count of three. One. Two. Three...!" Aldon called out before lunging out. Huck ran as fast as his stone legs could carry him. Careful to avoid getting wet. As Aldon began to fall, the ropes slack began to shorten as Huck ran, but eventually the rope tightened as gravity clearly took effect. He managed to grab a side of the rock wall. Huck slid back, but managed to stomp its feet into the ground and hold on tight. He began slowly walking and Aldon slowly crawled up the rope and up the cliff. Dirty and wet, he at least made it up the cliff and left the way he came in. He returned Huck to his pokéball and had Wunder fly him back to town. Aldon would pur on soms dry clean clothes before making his way to the docks to where the boats could take them to their next town. For now he would relax, wait for the others and for it to be time to board the ship.

Monday, July 25th
5:30 A.M. Route 48
Mentions: Naka (Merciless Medic)

Alright. Stay calm. Maybe pokemon reacted the same way animals back on his world did. Only....they were smarter than the animals back home. Maybe he could use that to his advantage. These birds were pokemon, right? Raising his hands in a defensive manner, Theo would point towards the Fearow “You're smarter than the average bird. You can understand me, can't you? The words I'm saying?” The Fearow cawed an angry caw at Theo, puffing his chest out and flapping his wings in an attempt to make himself appear more menacing...not that he needed it. Theo flinched backwards, his Shinx hissing an angry hiss at the birds. “Ok. Ok. I get it. I'm leaving. I just...I want to make a deal. I leave you some food, you don't attack me. Deal?” It wasn't the same as being able to help them get back to sleep, but maybe it would be enough to quell their anger anyway?

His offer was met with another angry caw from the Fearow, even Theo having a feeling he knew what that caw meant, given what happened next. Two of the four Spearow took off from the branch simultaneously, their movements wild and erratic. Not from having just woken up, but from inexperience. They were the weaker of his small flock, and Fearow decided they needed to get some extra training in for when they lead their own flocks. “That's a no.” Theo sighed, plucking one of the Safari Balls from his belt and tossing it in the air. If nothing else, he had read some of the study material Naka had linked him via texts.

Emerging from her Safari Ball and taking form between the would be attackers and her human, his Rapidash took form and neighed angrily as Shinx hopped on her back, baring his fangs and letting sparks of electricity flow between them in an attempt to <<Intimidate>> the would be attackers. The Spearow duo broke formation as a sudden gust of wind struck both Shinx and Eos, the pair freezing in place for just a second before their forms turned to red energy and were recalled to their balls. “Uh..wh--” Theo was cut off as two more balls on his belt opened of their own accord, both Krem and Ro taking the place of the once present Shinx and Eos. The two knew something was going on and were ready for combat, though they were both surprised to be paired up with another pokemon. Krem because he was still salty about the way the Riolu had treated him the day prior, and Ro because she thought she was enough to take on all of their attackers by herself.

Theo got the answer to his unasked question in the form of a cawing laugh from the Fearow in the background. It had somehow forcibly switched his pokemon out for others. How had it done that? “W̷̛̫̦h̵͇̩̀̚i̴̜͕͌͆ṙ̵̩ľ̶͇͈w̵͚̖̐̈í̵̜̙̒n̸̥̝͘d̶̜̉̈ͅ” the mechanical voice of his Rotom Phone answered, Theo making a mental note to ask the Rotom if he was part psychic type later. By now the two Spearow had resumed their incoming assault, one swooping down to strike Krem with a <<Peck>> attack while the other hovered haphazardly above Ro, trying to get a better idea of how to attack the fighting type. Head on didn't seem like a very good idea, but he'd have to get close eventually.

Looping in to an arc the Spearow folded its wings in at its peak to gain some speed, then forcing itself as far forward as hard as it could towards the bipedal water gator pokemon. Seeing it coming his way Krem wasted no time, not even waiting for Theo to give orders before firing off a <<Hydro Pump>> attack at the bird, but much like the first time the power of the attack was too much for the Totodile to handle, and so it was sent backwards and missed its mark entirely. It wasn't what Theo was going to order be done, but it did force the Spearow to have to spread its wings to avoid crashing in to the ground, Theo shaking his head to try and clear it. Hydro Pump was too much for Krem to handle all at once. Wait, maybe that was it. All at once.

“Krem! Use Hydro Pump, but in bursts. Like a Hydro Pump....rapid fire...somethingoranother!!” Theo called, The Totodile looking over his shoulder to the human, then looking back to the Spearow with a smirk. Maybe the human was better for more than just food after all. The Spearow's beak began to glow white with a light that lit up the surrounding area given the time of morning, Theo having to shield his vision from it. During the day it might not have been so bad. Right now? Different story. Firing off another <<Hydro Pump>> attack, the stream of this one lasting considerably shorter than before. It still sent him back a few inches, but not as much as the first attack had. It also missed, but not by as much as the first one. Firing again, and again, and again as the Spearow flew closer with its own attack, Krem was sure he had connected with that last one! Until he and Theo both saw that the Spearow that had been hit was instead one of the ones that had hung back, its form covered in streaks of white energy. It had used an attack Theo didn't recognize as a way to block the Hydro Pump for its younger companion.

There was no time for another Hydro Pump as Krem took the Spearow's <<Peck>> attack to the face, the Spearow hitting the Totodile with the full force of his body weight behind the attack before pulling up so as not to be hit immediately with a follow up attack. It arched in a way that had Theo looking over to Ro, seeing that she was jumping in the air and trying to...catch? The Spearow that were attacking her rather than strike them. These two bird brains were nothing compared to her training back in the Safari Zone. One good hit and they'd be flying with a limp! Theo almost felt sorry for those two.

Back to Krem, Theo called out “That was a good shot, Krem! We'll work on that more later!” The Totodile smiled, feeling a warmth bubble up in his stomach. So this was a real battle. With real opponents and real battle scars to walk away from. This is what he wanted. This is what he could only have dreamed of. This was...he didn't know what it was, but he could feel it. Something deep inside him awakening, something making his reptile blood run warm. He had to keep the battle going. He had to keep this feeling alive. He had to.....he didn't know what, but he had to let it out! With a war cry like scream the Totodile jumped in to the air and let that feeling burst out from deep within, an explosion of purple energy surrounding him as he landed. The war cry was enough to make the other Spearow and even Ro look over to the Totodile. Well. Color her impressed. Maybe this young one had a bit of a fighting spirit in him after all.

“Whoa...Krem...that was awesome!!!” He wasn't even sure what it was. Was it the failed Dragon Dance from before? Was it something else? Whatever it was, it seemed to have woken something up inside Krem. Or was it the other way around? Either way, now was the time to use that newfound power. “Let's test this new power of yours out Krem! Hit it with your” he stopped for a second as he flew through his memory of what Rotom had said Krem's known moves were, settling on “Rock Slide!” Not wanting to let this newfound joy in battling but not entirely sure how to magically use the move his human had asked for, Krem instead opted to call upon the wisdom the female human had given him the day prior. Pool that feeling and imagine rocks, then send them shooting at the angry bird. He hunkered down to concentrate, which gave the Spearow duo time to recuperate and gain some distance between them and the Totodile, distance they would then use by flying in to the air before back at the water type once again using their <<Peck>> and <<Aerial Ace>> attacks.

Gathering that newfound power from the pit of his stomach Krem formed a ring of tiny white stones above his head, the stones doubling in size to about the size of shooter marbles before Krem thrust an arm forward, the stones traveling down the length of his arm before firing a stream of stones at the incoming Spearow, the two alternating positions to make themselves harder to be hit. The higher level, more experienced Spearow spread his wings to slow his descent speed without informing his lower leveled companion, who noticed only too late when he realized he hadn't felt his companion's presence behind him like he had until this point. Looking back was his biggest mistake, as it allowed Krem the chance to correct his trajectory and hit the distracted Spearow with the <<Rock Slide>> attack, the Spearow crying out in pain as it fell to the ground with a thud. The <<Rock Slide>> attack continued, Krem trailing after the second Spearow's position until he couldn't keep it up any longer, letting the attack end and his arm drop from exhaustion. The bird fled the battle scene, likely to get reinforcements. That was fine. Let them come. Krem hungered.

At the same time this was happening, Ro had determined just a few seconds in to her bout with the two Spearow that called themselves her opponents that she was far stronger than the two of them combined, but should battle them all the same to keep her own training in top form. She also determined that for all her superior strength over the two, it meant nothing if she couldn't actually land a blow on either of the bird brains. One would swoop in to get her attention, she would jump to land a hit, and then have to bat away the other one when it tried attacking her on her descent. After a few times of this she rationalized that if she wasn't here doing this much, the water gator would have no choice but to face the four birds alone. If her being here kept half that pressure off of him, then so be it.

After Krem's display of anger and power however, she realized that if she didn't keep on top of everything around her, she was going to end up falling behind the young gator, and so decided it was time to take matters in to her own hands. With her last jump she crouched, her feet both glowing white. She used the power of her <<Sky Uppercut>> to launch herself higher in to the air, then releasing that same energy that she had gathered in to her palms on to the two distracted Spearow. She hero pose landed with one leg bent beneath her, both arms outreached to either side as she stood at the same time the two Spearow hit the ground, her attention and Theo's going to the now visibly pissed off Fearow that had sat by and let his advance unit get pummeled by the likes of a human and his two smallest pokemon.

Fine. Papa Fearow always said if you want something done right, you had to do it yourself. It was just a shame the Spearow were still unconscious, or they might actually remember the most important lesson he ever tried teaching them. When in doubt, go for the human. With an angry caw that echoed and reverberated throughout the surrounding area, a caw that was also likely meant to call allies to come in addition to the Spearow that had flown off prior, the Fearow flew headlong at Theo. Compared to his Spearow underlings his movements were sleek and elegant, with no movement wasted. Every flap of his wings, every flex of his muscles pushed him forward, faster than either of the human's pokemon could react.

For Theo, it was as if time had slowed. He could see the Fearow coming, and he knew there was nothing he could do about it. He didn't have super human speed to avoid it. He didn't have super human strength to knock it out of the air. And he certainly didn't have super human reflexes to dodge it at the last second. This was it. He was going to die. And there was nothing he could do about it. Instinctively Theo threw his hands up in front of himself in a defensive manner, hearing himself call out a loud “No!” but not remembering the words leaving his own throat. He stood there, waiting for the end...and when it didn't come, Theo dared to open one eye to see what was taking so long. Was the Fearow going to kill him or not? To his surprise, and the surprise of all of the pokemon present, between Theo and the Fearow there was a barrier of deep blue energy separating pokemon from human, the Fearow flapping his wings furiously to keep in place while he pecked uselessly at the barrier. “What th” he found himself starting again, shaking the thought away. No time for questions!! “Krem, Ro! Together!” The two pokemon looked to one another for a second before nodding, Krem hunkering down. Ro jumped backwards, using her <<Feint>> attack to close the distance between herself and the Fearow, then her <<Blaze Kick>> to knock the bird in to the air before it had a chance to react. Once it was airborne Krem would line up and launch another <<Rock Slide>> in to the air, keeping it in place until the Fearow's body connected with the ongoing attack and was knocked in to until we meet again distance.

Now that the threat had passed Theo lowered his hands, the barrier flickering before fading from existance. Once it had Theo stumbled back, panting lightly. What was that just now? Had he done that? And if so, how? It had to have been him, because he felt more tired than he had in a while now. But there was more to it. Whatever it had been had felt...good. And not in the pleasurable way, my dirty minded reader. More in the scratching that itch you didn't know existed way. He flexed his hands while Krem came back over, his head held high in triumph as he flexed his muscles. Chuckling, Theo knelt down to the two pokemon. “You two were amazing just now. Is that what it's like to be a pokemon trainer? Ro, you knocked that big bird thing around like it was a ragdoll! And Krem! You were all pew pew pew with the Hydro Pumps. We've gotta work on that more. That was” as each pokemon were praised they puffed themselves up, basking in the compliments.

With a flash of red energy both Eos and Shinx took form, the two shaking off that just released energy. Theo smiled “You guys were great too. I thought you were going to burn the whole forest down Eos. And Shinx, that with the electric teeth thing? That was amazing. Ooh I didn't know you could do that. I need to tell Naka about this.” And maybe while Esther was around. He didn't want to show off. He wanted to...wait. He wanted to impress her? Was that right?

Unbeknownst to Theo his Rotom Phone had once again detached itself from his person and had intended to snap a photo of its owner in a precarious position to shame him with in front of his friends later, but instead caught a still of the barrier appearing in front of Theo with the Fearow pecking at it furiously, the photo already in Naka's inbox and the Rotom Phone back in Theo's pocket. “But first, I think we should get back to town before more of those things arrive. And...I'm actually really hungry now. Maybe we can score you guys some extra food before the center starts serving?” That'd be a nice treat! Once he assured them all again that he was fine Theo would recall Krem, Ro, and Eos back to their pokeballs before heading back in to town, breaking out in to a sprint when he heard the echoing crying of the now familiar Spearow call behind him.

July 24th,- In imminent danger
Joyce Blake

The disappearance of her Gyarados had Joyce worried, she knew about Wyrm’s temperament and the fact that he simply vanished was not characteristic of the Atrocity pokemon. Or perhaps, he took the storm as an opening to finally get away from his captor, having at last grown tired of her foolishness. “Huh, is he really gone? It is a bit odd for him to just disappear like this. Normally, he’d at least try to get a bite in.” Joyce rambled to herself.

Unfortunately, the young woman knew her water dragon too well, as suddenly, a loud splash was heard from behind the ship. Turning around, Joyce was met with the massive form of her Gyarados, jaw wide open as it dove in towards the trainer, its intentions very clear. Joyce was caught off guard, there was no way she would move fast enough to avoid this sudden attack.

Just as the Water type was about to reach the girl, the sound of a clap echoed from beyond the ship. At the same time the sound appeared, Wyrm vanished into thin air, in his place was now Teller with his arms clasped together. “Wha?” Before Joyce had a chance to process all that was happening, another splash was heard, this time coming from the same direction as the clap. Turning to face it, the sight of the massive Gyarados dropping into the sea would be seen. “Wait, is this?” Joyce looked towards her Abra. “Ally Switch?” She questioned, which was met with a quick nod as the Abra redirected his trainer back to the problem at hand.

“Right, Wyrm.” Joyce pulled out her pokeball and pointed it towards the Water Flying type. “That’s enough Wyrm, return!” The red beam of the pokeball shot out towards its target, but was met with nothing but air. Wyrm had dove down into the water, disappearing from sight once again. “Oh no, this is a really bad field for us to deal with!” Joyce exclaimed as she peered over the railing of the boat. Soon, the waters around the ship began stirring, quickly becoming restless. The sea below the vessel began swirling, a violet whirlpool was in the process of forming.

Wednesday, July 6th – 10:40 a.m.
Esther Rosana Sophys
Route 7, Riviére Walk, Berry Fields,
Kalos​
『 Pyrrha (Jangmo-o) | Kasriel (G-Zigzagoon) | Maçiera (Bounsweet) | L’ Basseau (Surskit) | Pari (Munna) | Houndour 』​
Interactions: Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo (@Grand Master Koop) | Celia Besnard (@ThePlayfulFox)

Esther did nothing to hold back her giggles. She simply waved Monty off— “You be on your way now, city boy.” —and turned to Beatrice and Celia. “The summary will have to wait till later, we’ve got more pressing concerns.”

“Here’s the deal. If we want to defend this farm in the long-term, we’re going to have to build our own defenses. The fences here are designed to keep out smaller, weaker Pokémon. They won’t do much against the more dangerous ones migrating through the valley. We also likely don’t have much time left, the Pokémon we knocked out will recover and they might come back with friends. No time to waste, what Pokémon do you have and what can they accomplish? We need to know what skills we have available to us.”

$6,320 | Pokéball x 0 | Practice Ball | PokéToy | PokéFlute | Super Potion x 2

Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Bottle (1/2 Gallon)
Water Purifier & Filter
Gothic Lolita Set (Clothing)
Lace Set (Clothing)
Chic Asymmetry Set (Clothing)
Winter Gear
Climbing Gear
Swimwear

Last edited:
Montagne Khastil

Trust her? It didn't make sense—hadn't Azumi ever heard that trust was a two-way street? Was just putting his faith in an indignant, attention mongering baby really the answer? Despite her refusal to battle, he certainly treated Abné well, too. He fed her, kept her protected, and satisfied her attention craving. Wasn't that enough of a bond?

The man's brow creased, and he looked back to his other two Pokémon in the cart. Oracle had perked up when Azumi mentioned her name, and Monty's eyes met hers before she broke the contact and settled back down. Her and Chauffemagne were ready to go from the moment he caught them, no deep-rooted emotional connection required.

"Ugh, it was so easy with those two!" Monty exclaimed as he ran a hand through his hair in frustration. Huh. Easy. Maybe Abnégarde just had it too easy!

Azumi said Eevee were the 'adaptation' Pokémon, right? Adaptation needed a cause, though. It was just like that bullshit Cormier spouted at the top of Prism Tower when he sent him down this path in the first place; 'It's time you adapt. In other words, I'm throwing you to the 'yena.'

The answer was so simple, he'd been overthinking it the entire time! He just needed to find a reason for Abné to have to battle.

"I never thought of it that way, mademoiselle," Monty admitted with a grin. "You're pretty fuckin' smart."

Wednesday, July 6th – 10:35 am
Route 7, Riviere Walk
Kalos​
Interactions: Azumi Towers (@Hecotoro) | Montagne Khastil (@~Patriot~)

Danger always came from the direction where it was least expected. The packed dirt road of Route 7 looked calm and clear, but beneath the surface danger lurked—literally. Their only warning was a faint crack, the sound of packed dirt cracking open as something—a lot of somethings—emerged with speed and force. Jaws snapped at Mudsdale’s heels, vicious mouths filled with fangs—brown bodies striped black, four of them working together to pin down their much larger quarry. They only needed a moment, since just beneath the road was another—bigger, more dangerous.

There was a muffled click, the sound of jaws snapping shut. Then—the road collapsed as Krokorok’s «Sand Tomb» attempted to bury its prey, Mudsdale, Cart, Humans, and all!

Azumi Post in Kalos.

"I, um, thank you." Thank Arceus Monty was behind her so Azumi could blush without being seen. "I'm glad I could help. I'm sure everything will turn out fine."

While they enjoy the stroll, Altaria's cry altered Azumi. She looked up and saw Nimbus flying faster in circles around them. Before she could warn Monty, the cart stopped, the earth cracked and they fell.

Azumi let out a cry as they fell a few feet downwards. The sound of the cart and Mudsdale landing was louder than Azumi's complain as they hit Roy's back. "Are you okay monsieur?" She knew he must be in pain, her advantage of being a woman had saved her from any serious damage, but Monty?

"We need to get out quickly. Do not get off Roy, in fact, move to the kart, quick." She pushed Monty off the horse and on to the pile of berries before crossing over herself. She returned the heavy horse and pulled the ropes up. "Oracle, can you find and slow down our attackers?"

Desmond Andrews (Unranked)
Cianwood City Docks, Johto (July 25th)

Interactions: @ThAtGuY101 (Aldon)
Desmond had a...not great night of slumber, the conversation with Emma had helped to settle her a bit about her grief but only seemed to open up those memories for himself. Still, he had never been the type who'd open himself up to others and just tried to keep it close to the chest as the morning sun seemed to stir him from his less then restful sleep. As he woke up he noticed he seemed to have his locket in his hand which had been opened which seemed to have a picture of a younger version of himself and a more energetic younger boy as they seemed to be making a pose.

Damn it, what am I even doing here?

Desmond sighed as he closed his locket and that thought with it before he got up and prepared for the day ahead. The routine seemed to be easy enough: Go get a shower, get changed, and get a quick bite of breakfast with his party before he'd head out to the docks. He had no idea who else was up or when and where people would end up meeting for this trip, but really his mind had been elsewhere anyway as he just tried to go about his business. Course, while he seemed to be his usual self for better & worse to others his Pokemon in particular his Politoed sensed that he seemed troubled and as Desmond fed them the frog seemed to glance up with a curious gaze.

"It's fine, just a lot on my mind from last night."

Desmond worked to assure the Pokemon as he returned them and got his camera gear set before he set out for the docks, as he seemed to see a familiar face as of course who else had been up and about but him?

"Seems you are spirited as ever." Desmond mused to Aldon as he made his presence known while he waited to the meeting spot for the coming cruise though when the party arrived had been another matter.

Felix Winchester, Motostoke, Galar

After arriving at The Budew Drop Inn, Felix could finally rest. Of course, he kept Blue out. He wanted to keep him out. Of course, this attracted attention of tourists and residents alike, wanting selfies with his Shiny Partner. He couldn't blame them, after all, as if he were in their shoes, he'd do the same thing. Shiny Pokemon are rare after all. A Sceptile approached Blue, letting off friendly clicks and waving.

"You sure are popular today!" Felix exclaimed, laughing a bit.

That's when their trainer showed up. Introducing herself as Nakano Saito, she asked if he were here for the WCS.

"Hey, I'm Felix Winchester, it's a pleasure. Blue here is my first partner too, got lucky with the eggs, thank Arceus. As a matter of fact, I am here for the WCS, but to also check out some Galar Pokemon for my team."

Emma Argentston, Rank 48,679, July 24th -> July 25th, Cianwood City, Johto. Interactions: @Godjacob (Desmond) @ThAtGuY101 (Aldon)

Emma had gone to bed, and her night was rather eventful, sleep was one thing she couldn't really get much of in the last few days, but thanks to Desmond, she was actually able to get a good night's sleep For the first time in about a week and a half. When she got up, she took a shower, and got her clothes ready, as she got dressed, her black form-fitting shirt, and black shorts on her as she grabbed her stuff, and prepared for a trip to Olivine.

"I wonder where Desmond and Aldon are?"

As Emma walked to the Pokémon, which allowed her to pick up Fraxure. When she stepped out, Fraxure popped out of the Pokéball he was kept in. She then worked her way towards the dock, but saw Desmond and Aldon.

"Desmond? Aldon?"

Emma was surprised that people were up, much less her friend and his traveling companion.

"Desmond, thank you," Emma whispered, "How was your night after our talk, I am sorry if I affected it in any way."

Billy Carmichael, Rank 20,000, Cianwood City, Johto, July 25th.

Billy had woke up at three in the morning, and gone out to make sure that Kusunoki got some time out of the ball before taking the ship to Olivine. As such, he tried not to attract any attention, especially with a Pokémon as powerful as Kusunoki.

"Alright, I am boarding a boat, Kusunoki, as such, can you please try not to pop out, especially after recent events."

The Aggron was understanding, and nodded, as Billy returned Kusunoki and headed for the Docks, taking the longest time to get there as possible.

~Aldon Charlton...~
~Dogo Onsen Yamatoyo, Cianwood City, Johto ...~
~interactions: Desmond, Emma...~

As Aldon sat at the docks, it was a nice and sunny day with a cool breeze, and not a care in the world. Skol lay just beneath the bench with his tail within the water behind. Waves crashing against the side of the pier. Aldon turned to look where a familiar voice came from.

"Mornin' Sunshine, you look like you slept well" Aldon sarcastically responded. He leaned back.

"Yeahhh. Today is a pretty good day" Aldon had a long morning and didn't wish to bore them with details so decided not to elaborate further. He turned and gave a subtle head nod and a cheerful smile to Emma.

"Slow poke poke...!(mornin', great day for fishing ain't it, huh huh!)" Skol mused.

~Buck Gamble...~
~Buck Pokémon: Braviary/Marshal(M) lvl 55, Mudbray/Tony(M) lvl 13, /Bagon/Waylon(M) lvl 15...~

As Buck looked around the room, he began piecing together what sort of building he was in. Old but not old enough fo be ancient. It looked more like a bunker from the war time. The busted in metal door seemed somewhat like proof. As Buck was planning on leaving, he saw movement coming from the hallway, but it didn't seem like a person, so it had to be a pokémon. He decided to give it a look.

July 27th, Melemele Island, Reina Amaranta Esmeralda de la Santa Cruz Caballero Cortez, Rank 29,574.

The view of the island in the morning had taken Reina by surprised. She had been in several places around the world, but the scenery that Alola displayed was incredible. The people were also incredibly friendly, everywhere they went, someone was saying Alola to Reina. While they went into town to taste the famous malasadas, the name still incredibly confusing Reina, Hala was preparing everything to receive his new pupil. The meal was surprisingly good, the flavor was sweet yet salty at the same time and had an incredible good texture. Once breakfast was out of the way, the duo headed into Iki Town.

Upon arrival, Hala was already outside, practicing with his Hariyama some sumo moves. Despite his old age, the fighting specialist still looked like he was in shape. As soon as he saw Reina and Hau arriving, he dismissed his training partner and walked over to them. Reina hadn't felt intimidated until she got off the Tauros ride. Hala was a lot bigger than she thought, it was like meeting Chuck or her master Blue Demon, for the first time again.

"Welcome welcome, I hope you had a safe travel." Hala offered his hand, which was at least as twice as big as Reina's.

"It's an honor to meet your sir. I am very happy you accepted to train me." Reina shook his hand and bowed towards her new teacher. "I promise to try my best and master whatever techniques you have for me."

"I have no doubt about it! Now, Hau will carry your things to your new room. For now, we are starting your training!"

"Already? But, I was hoping to get some time to go sightseeing or something." Reina groaned, why where all these fighting specialist the same?

"None sense, you got some rest on the airplane, Hau took you to eat some breakfast and you're wearing your Gi. That means you're ready. Now, go ahead and start doing warm ups with your Hawlucha. Then we will have a practice battle to test your strength. After, we will start your bond with Hawlucha to unleash a new powerful move."

"A new powerful move? Now that sounds interesting. Come on, Blue Demon, let's do this!" Reina and Hawlucha gave each other a nod as they took off into a sprint.

While they barely had a chance to breath, Reina and Blue Demon had begun their training. A new powerful move, new skills and techniques under one of the greatest fighting experts in the world. Whatever obstacle they had to face, there was no doubt in Reina's mind, they were going to conquer it.

July 6th, Wednesday - Rivière Walk, Route 7, Berry Fields, Kalos Region
Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo

Beatrice stood by as she listened to Esther explain their next objective. She was right, the situation briefing could wait, defending the farm was important at this moment. The idea to fortify the fences was simple but effective, having a sturdier barrier separating the farmlands from the outside could cause the less motivated assailants to turn away without the need to get involved. Esther asked what pokemon they had that could help, and Beatrice had the perfect candidate.

“Oh, I know. Seda, come out.” Pulling out her Spidop’s pokeball, the young woman sent out her spider like pokemon. The Bug type having recovered from her prior defeat at the hand of the Yanmega. While she had recovered from her wound, the Trap pokemon was still looking a bit upset, her humiliation at the wings of the Yanmage still lingering in her mind. “Seda is pretty good at setting up traps with her webbing.” Beatrice explained. “If we need to reinforce the fences then she will be able to help.”

Hubert Lee​

Hell Even Still - July 24​

Hubert closed his eyes. If he couldn't see it, it wasn't happening.

Alas, the very much tangible turbulence of the ship beneath him assured him that no, this was indeed happening. Joyce's Gyarados had exploded with rage almost immediately upon being summoned, and shortly after the ship had just weathered such a heavy storm, everyone on board now fell victim to a vortex in the water caused by the Atrocious Pokemon.

"Oh no, this is a really bad field for us to deal with!"

"Really now?"

Hubert sighed under his breath, hoping his words were drowned out in all the chaos, and he forced himself up to his feet and grabbing the rope tied to the mast to secure himself. He racked his brain to figure out how he could help quell Wyrm's rage, and though his Pokemon weren't exactly best suited for subduing a beast of that size and strength, he had to try. Sucking in a determined inhale through his teeth, Hubert reached into his bag and pulled out a Pokeball, holding it against his forehead before tossing it into the water.

"We'll have to stop that Gyarados by force! I believe in you, Laser!"

Laser emerged from the capsule directly into the vortex, and though Horsea seemed too small to withstand such currents, they had extraordinary swimming ability. Hubert's partner wasted no time in displaying this skill, immediately escaping from the maelstrom and glancing back at his trainer expectantly. Hubert met his eyes with a confident gaze before making his move.

"Let's get started! Use [Twister]!"

The Dragon Pokemon chirped and plunged underwater, swimming closer to the whirlpool formed by Wyrm. While the Gyarados was occupied with maintaining the vortex, Laser fired a vicious tornado of draconic energy through the water, aimed at the whirlpool not only to disrupt it, but also to deal some damage to its source as well.

Montagne Khastil

Monty's history with pain was extensive. Innumerable fights, knife wounds, and broken noses and knuckles were the norm in his line of work. None of that came close to preparing him for the body-shocking double 'FUCK YOU!' delivered to his family jewels when Roy plunged into the pit that'd erupted around them, though.

The gangster saw stars, heard snapping jaws, and felt hands on his ches— "OOF!"

The pain in his greatest assets didn't subside, but his star-crossed vision turned clear enough for him to get a read on the situation. Azumi had pushed him into the cart, Roy was recalled, and now they and his Pokémon were...fuck, were they sinking?

Monty staggered to his feet as best as he could among the mountain of berries, and peeked over the edge of the cart to see at least four brown reptiles eagerly snapping up at them. The sound grated on his ears, like nails on a chalkboard, and he glanced back at his own Pokémon with a wild look on his face.

"Chauffe, thin their numbers! <<Roar>>!"

The Houndour happily oblidged, bounding over the berries and taking a deep breath before hooking his maw over the side of the cart and bellowing a resounding, "RUFF!"

Desmond Andrews (Unranked)
Cianwood City Docks, Johto (July 25th)

Interactions: @Cmeriwether (Emma) @ThAtGuY101 (Aldon)​

"Yeah, was a good night..." Desmond admitted with his usual tone though the irony of Aldon's comment which he perhaps sensed was perhaps sarcastic but with him it had been hard to tell. Either way before he had a chance to add on to that a new development seemed to snap his focus.

Seemed that the pair was not alone for long, as Emma had caught up to the pair and seemed surprised the pair had been up. With Aldon that was just something he figured she'd expect the more she had traveled with him much as he had, but he had his own reasons for being up early and that comment as he managed to keep a neutral face before he responded.

"It was fine, really I am just glad you were able to sleep a bit better." Desmond expressed which had been truthful, though not the full truth as again he figured it was best to keep his own problems out of subject as he worked to rest up against a beam along the dock.

"Perhaps we'll be lucky and nothing dumb will happen on this cruise." Desmond expressed, though given the track record between the Blastoise beach and rogue Aggron in the Safari Zone he seemed to not hold his breath over that.

Jayden Jones, July 24th, Davy Jones's locker.

"Aye! We have to get out of this, you, the one with the single brain cell, get your Gyarados to pull us out!" The captain called out, remaining once again perfectly still despite the turmoil they were in.

Jayden nodded and took the rope they had used earlier to get out of the wave. "Gyarados, pull us out!" He threw the rope into the water and watched as the stripped water serpent emerged within the whirlpool and starting pulling them away from the center of it.

"With Laser helping, we should be fine." He shot Hubert a confident grin. "Joyce, call your Pokemon back already!"

"Arm the cannons!" Buck Sarrow called out, "Raise the veils and someone get my a bottle of rum!"

Azumi Towers and Monty Monsieur in: Death my Jaws.

Azumi watched as the the Sandile scurried away from the Roar. "Good thinking Monty." She shot the suffering man a smile, only to notice his pain and where it was coming from. "Um, maybe you should sit down."

The issue was still at hand, the ground Pokemon would be coming back from them soon. They need to pull the cart safely out and the only thing Azumi could think of, was having a big Pokemon pull them out. "Edward, give us a hand!"

The Poke Ball flew into the air and released the monster Pokemon outside the tomb. The dinosaur looked for his trainer for a few moments before noticing them in a hole in the ground. One could only imagine how they got stuck in such place, where they not looking at the road? Was his trainer mating with the one holding his stones? Maybe Nana was lecturing them! That must be it, she was truly evil!

Azumi tossed the rope towards her fossil Pokemon, allowing the giant to start pulling the cart out effortlessly. "Hold on to something, everyone. Edward sometimes forgets how strong he-Ah!" Azumi tumbled down into the cart, at the same time Edward yanked on the rope.

The cart flew into the air a bit before landing with a loud thud on the ground. By some miracle, it still had its wheels intact, yet the damage from the ground crocs had been done. "We should leave quickly before they return, I doubt they're going to be comfortable with having lost their meal so easily." Azumi climbed out of the cart, trying to clean the stains of berries on her clothes. "We might need extra security though."

Azumi returned the giant fossil and sent out Roy again, the horse Pokemon looking annoyed at having been summoned once more. "I'm sorry Roy, we still need you. Monsieur, could you tie up Roy again? Just be gentle, he's a bit cranky."

Azumi moved over to Monty's Pokemon. "I know you haven't had much of a chance to get to know her and I know she doesn't get along well with you, Oracle, but her senses might help us out a bit more. So for today, can you please work together? I promise to make it up to you." With a defeated smile, Azumi released her trusty Gardevoir, Nana.

The fairy crossed her arms and looked away from Oracle with a quick hmp! The reaction only making Azumi roll her eyes. "Nana, you're riding in the kart too, just make sure to inform us if you sense anything out of the ordinary."

Last edited:
Queen Oracle the Honored One, She Who Stands Above, the All-Powerful and All-Knowing, Mistress of Her All-Encompassing Domain
High Sun of the Seventh Waxing Crescent Moon - Riverside, Land of Monty

How strange she found it, that useless Monty catered to Azumi's every whim. From her spot lounging among the berries, her lustrous red eyes tracked his limping movement from the cart to the Mudsdale. He seemed almost...skittish. Not just from the oversized equestrian, though, but around the human woman in general.

The Monty she'd come to know for over a moon now acted differently around the human women. Even the Queen had trouble placing the change, but the closest she could come up with was 'withdrawn'. The Monty she'd trained with for a moon was a proud, fearless loud-mouth. With the women around, it was like his edge had been blunted.

What a strange man she'd chosen to rely on. Almost as strange as Azumi's decision to sit her pompous Fairy in her cart! The Queen's eyes narrowed when the Gardevoir joined her and Chauffemagne, and she exchanged a glance with her subordinate. The woman promised some sort of reward for 'getting along', but it didn't stop the Queen from voicing her displeasure.

"Doesn't your human know I'm here?" Her low growl was silky smooth. "If something attacks, I'll slaughter it. If it's too weak for my time, Chauffemagne can handle it. You're not needed."

Montagne Khastil

There...we...go! Monty finished the final knot in the makeshift harness, and stepped back for a second to admire his handiwork. With the pain in his best assets finally subsiding and Roy hooked back up, it was time to hit the road yet again— "We're ready to go, mademoiselle."

Azumi Towers and Monty Monsieur in: Love in the Horizon.

Nana.

"Ha! You? Didn't you lose to Lily?" Nana placed the tip of her hand to her chin, pretending to be overthinking her own question. "Oh yeah, you did! That cat is my inferior when it comes to power, so I'm not surprise they need someone like me to help out. I mean, you did just get ambushed by a back of lizards and you did nothing about it." She crossed her arms with a smug smile. "Even your human understands our power and that's why he has you all dragging after us. Maybe he hopes you might learn a thing or two from the superior Pokemon."

Nana's eyes set on the Absol, her eyes piercing red as if trying to burn a hole through her. "I wish you were as useful as your partner here, he actually did something. I bet you were too scared to even move, which is understandable, if I were that weak, I probably would be too. Alas, if my dear trainer is fond of you all, then I guess I have to get used to the idea that she will need me to keep everyone safe."

Azumi Towers.

"Oh it seems they're finally getting to know each other." Azumi told Monty as they continued their ride down Route 7.

Queen Oracle the Honored One, She Who Stands Above, the All-Powerful and All-Knowing, Mistress of Her All-Encompassing Domain

"Your inferior packmate needed tricks to defeat me." A sinister glint passed through the Queen's eyes, and she looked down on the Gardevoir even though the Fairy was technically taller. "The lizards tried tricks, too, but they were hardly worth my time. My subordinate was more than suited for the task so far beneath me."

Chauffemagne's gaze flickered between the other two occupants of the cart, first on the Alpha and then on the Gardevoir. Though he was...skeptical of the explanation Oracle provided, it was his job to back her up. He nodded vigorously and barked in affirmation, but the Queen paid him little attention as she continued.

"And your...what did you call her? Ah, trainer—" The word raked over the Queen's tongue like it was razor-sharp. "—is a poor influence on useless Monty. She puts ridiculous ideas in his head, and my tolerance is running thin." Her claws flexed in and out, and she looked over to the pair of humans atop the Mudsdale. For a moment the only sound was that of its clopping hooves and the turning of the wheels, until the Queen side-eyed the Fairy. "Why do you call her that? Trainer. Like she's your master."

Nana.

"Oh right, I forgot you're still a savage." Nana rolled her eyes, as if Oracle was not aware of the obvious. "A trainer, she trains us to become stronger. You wild Pokemon think you're so great with your lawless lives, but everyone knows that a Pokemon with a good partner, like mine, can actually become more powerful. Just look at me, you talk big and mighty, but admit it, you know deep inside I would destroy you with little effort. I mean, wasn't one of my teammates the one who took you down with one hit? That was pretty embarrassing."

The Gardevoir effortlessly used her powers to lift a berry up to her mouth, using her telepathy to communicate with the queen. "Maybe if my lovely human teaches you a thing or two about properly training you, we might actually be able to have a decent battle. Not that you would ever win, but at least give me a challenge. For now, keep your claws to you yourself." She tossed the bitten berry to the side and glared at the Absol. "I don't feel like taking out the trash." She yawned and sat down on her spot, smirking proudly.

The Queen's hackles rose and her <Pressure> leaked out, betraying her susceptibility to the Gardevoir's provocations. "The idea that I'd stoop low enough to take part in another farce of a performance you tamed Pokémon call a battle is comical."

The Absol's head sunk down to rest on her front paws, but her venomous red eyes remained on the Fairy. "Pokémon flocking to humans. Being caught and being trained—what a joke. You tamed Pokémon think you're so much better, live in the delusion that you're stronger, but you all lose your edge. Or worse, you never had it in the first place."

"Still a savage," the Queen echoed. "You forget where you come from, cur. You have that look all over you, that look of...satisfaction." The Absol laughed, a low and mocking sound that was mirrored in Chauffemagne's expression beside her. "As if you've never had to truly fight, and like you've never experienced true hunger. Don't tell me, you've never even hunted before, have you?"

The Queen didn't wait for a response, and her claws dug into the berries beneath her paws as her <Pressure> flared. "And yet, you speak to me of trash. Know your place, peon."

Nana.

Nana let out a high pitched giggle. "You ignorants are so funny. I don't expect you to understand what real power is. For how can one fly too close to the sun if they don't have wings to begin with." She yawns at the display of pressure. "Your tough act is adorable, I might have even believed it, if it wasn't for your pathetic performance so far. Well, there was that one move you used, the one to kill the giant insect? Of course your enemy had to be defeated and fainted on the ground for you to properly strike it. I figure if we need help attacking things that can't move and are unconscious, we can count on you."

Nana sighed, annoyed by having to share more time with such imbeciles. "Hunt? Fight? Anyone can do that. A true warrior can go toe to toe with the best of the best and doesn't scoop low to such dirty tactics as attacking a down enemy. But of course, you two wouldn't know that, savages."

~Buck Gamble...~

As Buck noticed the figure down the hall, following it didn't entirely seem like a great idea, but not a seemingly dangerous one seeing how vacant and overgrown the surrounding area be. While making his way in the hallway, his pokemon followed behind him, peeking from behind his legs down the other side. He heard noise in the room just beyond the hall.

"Don't go in there, it's a trap"

Buck heard a voice which sounded like it came from behind him, he turned but nobody was there nor nearby. A bit startling, and the fact that his pokemon were looking at him nervously didn't help, but before Buck could turn around and leave, Waylon ran into the next room, as if chasing something.

"Where are you goi-" Buck gave into chase, but paused as he looked around in the room. Immediately upon entering the room, he felt a noticeable temperature drop. It felt cold, and he had goosebumps. There was another hallway, but it had collapsed in. There was also a lack of pokemon or anything else in the room other than Buck and his pokemon. He did however find an unusual trinket. A dirty and partially rusted coin with a string attached to it. There wasn't much for him to do there and the place was beginning to give him the creeps.

As he began walking down the hall, he heard footsteps from the room he just left which really unnerved him, to which he ran out there and couldnt reach the exit fast enough. He snatced Tony and Waylon off the ground and didn't look back. When he was finally out of the bunker, he finally looked back. A feint purple light down at the bottom could be seen, that to Buck's memory hadn't been there before. It almost sounded as if he heard chuckling, but that wasn't going to be someting Buck was going to investigate again. Plus he still had his adventure to go about.

Marshal sat up high, looking down at Buck. He knew his trainer was ready to go. And without any word, they left. Back to Pledge Grove and eventually Floccesy Town. Route 20 was his next destination and eventually Virbank City, the place where he'd aim to get his second gym badge.

Montagne Khastil
July 6 Rivière Walk (Route 7), Kalos

Monty felt Oracle's <Pressure> dump before anything else. The phantom weight crashed out, and it made the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end. There weren't any enemies nearby, or Azumi's bird would've already alerted them like it did with the Sandiles. That only left one alternative, and the gangster's hand dove in his pocket to try and minimize the damage.

The time for idle chat was over. Neither she nor Chauffemagne said another word, and both rose to their paws in unison. The Queen's fur whipped into a frenzy as her <Pressure> cascaded out, and her subordinate sucked in a breath and threw his head back.

"AROOO!"

Her limbs surged with boosted strength, she loaded her weight onto her hind legs, and she channeled the malice stoked by the Gardevoir into her horn. She'd show her a savage. How smug would the Fairy be when her head was rolling?!

The Queen SPRUNG! forwa—

FLASH!
Darkness?...useless, USELESS, USELESS!

Montagne Khastil

Crisis averted. Monty's hands dropped to his sides, each holding his now-recalled Pokémon's pokeballs, and he sighed in relief.

"It seems Oracle and Chauffemagne got a little antsy after those Pokémon in the sand fled so fast," the gangster said in an attempt to play off the situation that had undoubtedly unfolded behind he and Azumi. "I think I'll give them a chance to cool off a bit."

Nana.

"Pathetic."

Azumi.

"Um, I don't think that was the case, Nana can be a bit, difficult, sometimes with other Pokemon." Azumi sighed, "I feel bad for Oracle, she's going to be very upset isn't she?" She looks ahead at the road in front of them, her mind trying to hold up the courage to speak. "Monsieur, once this is over and we find a place to rest, may I borrow Oracle? I think she needs a good night out and well, no offense, I don't expect you to understand a lady like her."

Montagne Khastil

"I'm sure Oracle will cool off," Monty said with a glance back at Nana. If she was as difficult with others as Azumi said, it was no wonder Oracle was about to attack when the Absol could be set off by the littlest things. He was no expert on Pokémon physiology, but the look on the Gardevoir's face was almost...smug. Freaky. "She doesn't have the greatest track record in getting along with other Pokémon, either."

"A ladies' night would do her some good, though. She mostly keeps to herself on our off days, but anything involving the groomer, a spa, or some kind of present and she perks right up." Monty had known the Absol for almost a month, and if he'd observed anything in her quirks it was that she loved anything involving attention, pampering, or better yet both.

Calanthe Town.

Finally, they arrived to their destination. "Monsieur, would you mind taking the berries to the hospital? I will go report to the ranger that we have managed to bring over the supplies."

Azumi gave Roy a pat on the neck before walking away with Nana following quickly behind. Finding the ranger's base again wasn't too complicated. She reported their successful mission and offered to accept another one. It seemed the main issue were the Yanma. Following Monty's earlier plan, she accepted the remaining quests and headed back to the center of town, waiting for Monty to show up with her Mudsdale.

Montagne Khastil
July 6 Calanthe Town, Kalos

“I’ve got it covered,” Monty assured Azumi, giving his friend a thumbs-up as she headed off with Nana in tow.

Really, though, did he have it covered? The gangster wasn’t sure exactly how to make Roy move, much less how to get the Mudsdale to navigate toward the hospital.

“Uh…go.” No response.
“Um…mush!” Crickets.
“Roy, forward!” Could it even hear him?

Finally the Mudsdale gave him the mother of all rolling side-eyes and set off, and to Monty’s surprise he didn’t even need to tell Roy where to go. He’d have to start giving Pokémon more credit, because the Mudsdale apparently remembered the way from when they’d left the hospital earlier.

“Now where are we supposed to take these…?” Monty wondered aloud when they made it to the hospital’s front door. Was there a loading dock or something around the back? There was only one way to find out.

The gangster slid off of Roy’s back onto the oh so sweet solid ground, and told him, “You’re doing great. Just-uh…stay there for a minute.” He got a huff in response, which hopefully was Mudsdale for ‘ok’.

Monty swaggered through the front doors and over to the receptionist whom they’d spoken to earlier. “One shipment of berries,” he announced confidently, jabbing a thumb at the doors, “Fresh from the Berry Farm down Rivière Walk.”

A Few Minutes Later

"Azumi!" Monty called out to the blonde woman as he and Roy entered the Calanthe Town square. It was exactly how he remembered it, with the fountain in the center and Clarke's quaint tailor on the edge across the way. His arms were laden with ten Heal Balls, courtesy of the hospital, and when he made it over to Azumi he offered her share along with her half of the five hundred dollar reward.

"Where to next?" The gangster asked as he pocketed his own half of the loot. "Did the rangers have any problem with releasing the spiders? It'd be pretty useful to have backup at the nest."

Last edited:

"Well considering it was completely your plan monsieur, I believe you should take the lead from here. Besides I believe it was pretty solid. Are you up for another ride on Roy? Riding around like you have been can only be painful." She looked around the square, as if the solution would magically appear out of nowhere. But there was no way in hell they were that- "Oh look, we can rent bicycles! What do you say?"

After each getting their own bike, Azumi with a blue one of course, they set off to their next destination. Altaria was still flying overhead, while Azumi had returned the rest of her team. It was close to sunset soon if they were going to finish their errands in time, they needed to move faster.