• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

Felix Winchester, Battle Chateau, Kalos

FREEZE-DRY? OUT OF ALL THE MOVES, WHY FREEZE-DRY?!

Hex could see the panic on Felix's mind. It gave him a confident smile.

Felix knew what to do.

"Let's end this. Dodge, then use Hex!"

Hex, though it's speed was lower due to paralysis, sort of half-dodged it, taking only half the hit. Then, gritting it's teeth, it once again surpassed paralysis, and used it's move, which should be amplified, thanks to burns.

Desmond Andrews (Unranked)
Cianwood City, Johto (July 24th)

Interactions: @ThAtGuY101 (Aldon) @Cmeriwether (Emma)​

Politoed tried to be friendly to the Gastrodon as it sensed it was on the shy side, waving from a distance as Volcarona joined them. "Politoed~!" ("Hey there, nice to meet you I hope we can be friends~!")

Emma's introduction and ontbreak of Dunsparce seemed to cause him to shiver as he certainly hoped that issue was resolved a bit before she aksed him about the clingy Mimikyu as Desmond still had a sweat drop over that but sighed a bit as he had begun to account of his own progress.

"Well, Kricketot evolved quickly, quicker than I expected. And Mimikyu well, just came back with Aldon from a trip to the Safari Zone and uh, a Safari Ball happened to fall out and this little one just decided to join my team." Desmond spoke, though his tone seemed less jubilation and more resignation as he needed more time to adjust to the Mimikyu much as he had Kricketot.

As Volcarona was returned, a sudden Kakuna seemed to pop up which startled Desmond before Emma explained it had been the same Weedle that fell on her head. Huh, small world, and she further added that her Axew evolved just today as it seemed he had not been the only one whose team changed. "Seems that y-you've had some progress." Desmond admitted to Emma.

Desmond listened to Aldon who seemed to suggest they head off which Desmond agreed with, though was a matter of tying this bow with this Emma encounter as she had been one of the few people whose company he actually might admit he enjoyed.

"We've gotta be heading off to The Dogo Onsen Yamatoyo Hoten soon. You just passing by town or have a destination in mind?" Desmond asked as he knew they needed to get going but least wanted to tie this convo on a clean bow of sorts as he inquired a bit about what her plans had been. He returned his Mimikyu, Politoed and Kricketune as he had asked this of Emma.

Azumi Towers- July 6 - Route 7, Kalos

"Thank you Beat and Wattz!" Azumi put the ear piece on, adjusting her bag and clothes before waving goodbye at those present at the farm.

As the young woman made her way to the gate, she tossed a Pokeball into the air, releasing a Mudsdale. "Come on Roy, I need to move a bit faster than usual."

Just as she was about to mount the stallion, her eyes caught sight of Monty. She was still very upset, but she couldn't help feel a wave of guilt inside her. "Monty." She called out, avoiding eye contact with him, focusing on adjusting the saddle on the Mudsdale. "I apologize for my outburst, I don't think you're disgusting. I was just surprised by such barbaric act. I still strongly disagree with what you did though." With that, she climbed on to the Pokemon.

The horse gave one look at Monty. The Pokemon seemed bored as she chewed on some grass that was nearby, before starting to trot along the path, with Azumi not looking back.

Jayden not Smith.

"Uh I don't know." Jayden shrugged. "Look it has to be special for some reason, right?"

Jayden placed his hands behind his head, looking up at the sky. "I mean, is there such thing as special Pokémon? What makes them special? I think Ele is special. He's way too cool despite being short. Your Scoropi is also special, I bet you will never find more like it. In the end..." He looked at Hubert. "It doesn't even matter." He burst into laughter.

"Come on man, don't worry about the details. Worry about the adventure. Worry about your team and worry about still being second place to me despite having a badge."

Last edited:
Shiro in Snowpoint City at 22th June, regreting his life decisions
-+w+-

Okay, that last part was a bit of a lie.. But wasnt too far from the truth either.
Of course he expected that Candice would follow up with a Shell Smash on her already powerfull Cloyster, thus is why he has chosen to start with his Nites.

"Nites! Use Mimic!" He said and thus, Magneton used a Shell Smash. It would be a perfect Payback if not for a fact that it would be now a battle of who will hit faster and harder...
Shiro had trust in a might of Electric Steel typing of Magneton, but one can never be too careful when fighting a pokemon battle. Cloyster quickly went for an icicle spear and Nites responded in kind quickly avoiding the incoming attacks for his Trainer and then aiming a powerful Discharge. However, Cloyster's Protect was more than enough to whistand this powerfull attack which strenght caused ground to be affected with several places of visible impact between thunder and the ground.

The battle continued with Cloyster shooting an ice beam towards Magneton and although the pokemon dodged, Magneton wasnt the main target of an attack. When the floor got frozen Solid, Cloyster began to slide on it and he boosted his speed further.

"Cloyster, use Spike Cannon" on Candice Command dozens upon dozens of spikes were coming in Nites direction. "Mimic! Repel as many as you can!" Shiro answered in Kind making Nites to quickly respond with dozens of spikes of his own, making a Loud clash ing Sounds as both attacks met, resounding as if the hundreds of swords met during the battle.
"Clamp!"

Here came something Shiro didnt predict, Clamp was far from a powerful move yet now it was an effective one. It was a move Candice didnt use in their first fight and it was a move that didnt allow Nites to fly away as Cloyster got him in his grasp. Shiro understood now that the Spike Cannon was simply a distraction for Cloyster to get closer to Nites. He prepared himself, about to finish this off with his Hydro Pump, till he heard the opponent Trainer.

"We cant escape from you but you also cant escape from us. Steel Beam!"

Nites shined with a bright light, energy from his entire body focusing in one point and then.. Both pokemon shot their attacks.

The power was simply devastating, the entire arena was already turned to several pieces with co create being heavily broken upon impact from two powerfull moves from two Shell smash boosted pokemon.

"Magneton and Cloyster are no longer capable of continuing this fight"

Nites may not be able to continue, but he gave a lot from himself during that match.. More than in previous one. Still, this early defeat of Shiro trusted Magneton may proof fatal.. Only two pokemon left.

"Go Abomasnow!"
"Bring it on, Mabostiff!"

Her Ace already, huh...
Such Misfortune.

Emma Argentston, Rank 48,679, Cianwood City, Johto, July 24th

Interactions: @ThAtGuY101 (Aldon) @Cmeriwether (Emma)​

Politoed tried to be friendly to the Gastrodon as it sensed it was on the shy side, waving from a distance as Volcarona joined them. "Politoed~!" ("Hey there, nice to meet you I hope we can be friends~!")

Emma's introduction and ontbreak of Dunsparce seemed to cause him to shiver as he certainly hoped that issue was resolved a bit before she aksed him about the clingy Mimikyu as Desmond still had a sweat drop over that but sighed a bit as he had begun to account of his own progress.

"Well, Kricketot evolved quickly, quicker than I expected. And Mimikyu well, just came back with Aldon from a trip to the Safari Zone and uh, a Safari Ball happened to fall out and this little one just decided to join my team." Desmond spoke, though his tone seemed less jubilation and more resignation as he needed more time to adjust to the Mimikyu much as he had Kricketot.

As Volcarona was returned, a sudden Kakuna seemed to pop up which startled Desmond before Emma explained it had been the same Weedle that fell on her head. Huh, small world, and she further added that her Axew evolved just today as it seemed he had not been the only one whose team changed. "Seems that y-you've had some progress." Desmond admitted to Emma.

Desmond listened to Aldon who seemed to suggest they head off which Desmond agreed with, though was a matter of tying this bow with this Emma encounter as she had been one of the few people whose company he actually might admit he enjoyed.

"We've gotta be heading off to The Dogo Onsen Yamatoyo Hoten soon. You just passing by town or have a destination in mind?" Desmond asked as he knew they needed to get going but least wanted to tie this convo on a clean bow of sorts as he inquired a bit about what her plans had been. He returned his Mimikyu, Politoed and Kricketune as he had asked this of Emma.

Gastrodon gave a shy noise of greeting. If Volcarona were out, he would have laughed, knowing himself what it took for him to get to talk to Gastrodon. Kakuna vaguely recognized the Politoed, and started swaying from side to Side.

Emma listened to what Desmond had to say about Kricketune and Mimikyu, giggling when he explained that a Safari Ball fell out of his Pocket, and rolled into the Mimikyu.

"Reminds me of how my sister Lana Got her Dragalge while she was in Hoenn as a Skrelp." Emma responded to the story of Mimikyu, "I was actually heading back to enjoy some of the Hot Springs, and maybe have Gastrodon experience them herself. Do you mind if I join you going back to the Inn?"

Emma returned Kakuna and Gastrodon as she prepared for going back to the Inn and relaxing in the Hot Springs. She made sure everything was there, and made sure things were sealed so the Duskull Mask was not found.

Billy Carmichael, Rank 20,000, To Cianwood City, Johto.

Billy Carmichael, his Pikachu and his Aggron walked down the Route and ended at the entrance to Cianwood. The young man then returned his Aggron, as a Pokémon of Kusunoki's size would cause issues with the City Police.

"I'll let you out again after we leave Olivine, okay, Kusunoki?"

The Aggron roared in understanding as Billy returned Kusunoki for now. He put his Aggron's Pokéball back on his belt as he walked into the City. His Pikachu sat on his Shoulder as he walked into the City, trying to figure out where he should stay in Cianwood. He then started wondering around the city, with his Pikachu on his head. Clisgeadh loved the view from either his Trainer's head or his teammate Kusunoki's head. The Pikachu looked around as well from his head to give an additional point of View.

Hubert Lee​

Castelia City Gym​

"Second place, huh? I told you I'm ready to face off anytime, settle exactly who's second place here. Isn't Ele more than enough to make me swallow my pride?"

Hubert chuckled along with JJ, amused once again by his rambling speech and inflated confidence. He wasn't quite sure what to treat as bluff or truth yet when it came to this guy, but no harm in playing along. When the time came for them to battle for real, they'd know for sure, and Hubert didn't mind the wait.

"Oh well. Just let me know, yeah?"

With a quiet sigh, he made his way to a seat on the deck and leaned back, closing his eyes and getting some rest of his own until the boat arrived. Turns out the Gym Battle hadn't only been taxing on his Pokemon.

~Aldon Charlton...~
~Skol the king of gods, Bran the bronzor, Zippy the magnemite, Huck the golett, Wunder the Sigilyph and Bolly the Baltoy...~
~Safari Zone...~
~interactions: Desmond, Emma...~

You might think Skol would stop and look at Volcarons wave at him and Politoad, but you'd be wrong! Skol had tunnel vision and hadn't moved a muscle or gave even the slightest side eye glance. It were as if he didn't notice the bug pokemon. Though after a minute it slowly turned its gaze towards volcarona. Volcarona had gained all of Skol's interest. A goofy grin appeared on his face. He waved his tail back at Volcarona.

Aldon listened to Emma talk about Dunsparce and various pokémon experiences.

"Huh. Sounds like you've been busy. I can relate" Aldon commented.

"It was fate!" Aldon said excitedly clasping his hands together and bouncing on the balls of his feet as Desmond brought up catching mimikyu. The lik guy seemed too friendly to not like, plus watching Desmond get all nervous never got old.

"And get some hot springs action!" He said again.

"Poke!" Skol had no problem hearing that. Aldon wasn't sure what to expect of the hotel they were going to, but it sounded fairly nice. All the talk of adventure had Aldon think carefully on the next time he'd go ruin exploring again. Some rest and relaxation would help him clear his mind better and contemplate that subject better.

"A nice meal would be nice after today too" Aldon said. Any food would hit the spot, Aldon wasn't in a picky mood after the long day he had.

Interactions: @Cmeriwether (Emma) @ThAtGuY101 (Aldon)​

Seemed that Aldon and Skol were excited about the hot springs of this place, with Skol having shown his passion in its more well Skol way as Desmond seemed to hear that Emma planned to head back anyway to that same inn and asked if they had been able to tag along. Desmond course for once had no issues with this development.

"I mean I have no issues with that, all going to the same place so seems convenient for all involved." Desmond said, and one swore he almost had a smile at this as he prepared to walk back with two people he dared might consider friends...even if Desmond had not been the type to say that word aloud. Regardless of that he had his Pokemon returned and seemed ready to head back as he faced Aldon and Emma who seemed to get along well enough.

"Well, we should get going. Don't want Esther to lock us out if we are late." Desmond said, though he then had to remind himself to clarify to Emma some bits of who else they currently had been traveling with. Either way Desmond began to walk towards the inn eager to have had a breather.

Montagne Khastil
July 6 Rivière Walk (Route 7), Berry Fields, Kalos

Monty paced back and forth near the giant red corpse, and he scowled when he saw Azumi pop back up at the gate. What, was she back to lay into him over nothing again? He expected nothing less from a spoiled cop-in-training. If anything, the criminal was more surprised she hadn't tried to arrest him on the spot!

She wasn't back to scold him, though, but Monty scowled all the same. So what, she felt bad for saying he disgusted her? He'd heard enough and had enough outbursts of his own to know that when people got angry, their true feelings spilled out. She didn't even look at him when she said it! Was he just supposed to say 'c'est d'accord!' and call it a day?

No, he wouldn't. In fact, Monty didn't say anything as Azumi rode off on her Pokémon. Hmpf, good riddance!

"Let's go, you two," he said to Oracle and Chauffemagne as he turned to head back into the farm. He needed something to do, instead of just standing around getting more pissed off. It didn't take long to get back to Esther and the black-haired girl, but it seemed like they were already on the back half of the conversation. Great, would Esther call him a murderer, too?

He stopped just in front of the girls, and asked, "Care to fill me in? What's the situation?"

Jayden Jones, July 24th, Castelia City, WCS rank: 73,875.

JJ sighed as his partner in crime went to snooze. It seemed he was going to have to take care of the group. Who knew how long it was going to be. Did they have enough supplies? Blankets? Firewood? Those questions would never be answered sadly.

"Welcome to Liberty Island!"

"Holy Mew, that was fast!" Jayden looked over the rail. The harbor was basically a few blocks away from Liberty Island. "That makes sense." He got in line to disembark, almost forgetting Hubert. "Hubert! Get up!" He called out as he descended the ramp.

The island wasn't actually that big. It had a nice big tower in the center though. Jayden and Ele took a deep breath, looking for any spot to find water Pokémon.

Hubert Lee​

Castelia City Gym​

"Eh."

He'd closed his eyes for what, ten seconds? JJ's shout had abruptly cut short Hubert's attempt at slumber, but upon noticing the boat had arrived, he sighed and got up from his seat, stepping onto the island and catching up to his companion. As he surveyed the area, he drew a deep inhale, tasting the air away from Castelia's bustling streets, and gave a pleasantly surprised huff. This place felt... comfy.

Hubert reached behind him to unclip the Pokeballs from his backpack and opened them, releasing his three partners to roam the space as well. A stone pedestal sat but a few meters away from the docks, and Hubert ran a finger over the engraved words, reading them in a whisper under his breath.

Welcome to Liberty Garden: a place where people and Pokemon can live freely.

A slight smile pulled at a corner of his lips, and Hubert tapped lightly onto the weathered stone before continuing on his way. Reaper, Comet, and Phantasm were instinctively curious about the island, but they remained fairly close by their trainer's side as he met back up with JJ.

"If it's a Water-Type you're looking for, do you plan to fish one up?"

Jayden Jones, July 24th, Liberty Garden, WCS rank: 73,875.

"Fish? No, I'm just going to look around." Jayden literally did what he said he would, he looked around, noticing the place had no wild Pokemon running about. "Man, this isn't the garden I imagined." With disappointment, he started making his way along with the tour group.

The tour wasn't that great. It was just a story about a man who had kept a Pokemon locked in that tower. JJ didn't understand why someone would do such thing, towers are pretty boring. Then a miracle happened.

"Super amazing water Pokemon, for only, 500! Come and get your super amazing water Pokemon!"

Jayden looked up to see a fisherman with a cooler filled with Dive Balls. It was perfect! An amazing Pokemon for only 500?! Amazing!

"Sir, over here!" JJ rushed towards the man, not wanting anyone to get this amazing opportunity before him. "Me! I'll take it!"

The fisherman was quite surprised by the sale, but he didn't hesitate to act. "You're my first customer! Here, I will give you the biggest one I caught!"

Jayden handed over the money, taking the Diva Ball into his hands. He looked at the small red like fish Pokemon inside, amazed by it for some reason. "Thanks! Next time you see this little guy, he will be Unova champion!" He turned around and rushed back to Hubert. "Mission complete!" He held up the Diva Ball so he could see the new Pokemon.

Hubert Lee​

Castelia City Gym​

Hubert had been following JJ on his search for a Water-Type, confused as to why he'd be walking around to look for one instead of actually attempting to extend his reach to the waters surrounding Liberty Garden, but turns out, there'd been no need for either, as a fisherman had opened up shop, simply selling Water-Type Pokemon for a decent price. Unable to stifle a chuckle at the way things had worked out, Hubert merely shrugged with resignation as JJ beelined for the fisherman's stall without a second thought, coming back with a Dive Ball held up high. Hubert peered into the capsule and identified the Magikarp within, flashing a thumbs up.

"Huh, that was fast. Way to go."

Come to think of it, Hubert hadn't found a Water-Type to add to his team either; the fisherman's wares were a possible option, but with the vast sea around Liberty Garden, surely there were other prospects. Only issue was...

"'Scuse me sir, you wouldn't happen to have a spare Fishing Rod I could borrow, would you?"

- - -

"I'll be back at the pier if you need me, JJ! I'll only go for the first thing I fish up, so I won't be long."

Now seated on the wooden floor of the Liberty Garden pier, Hubert cast his line, watching the bobber plop onto the ocean's gentle waves with a tiny splash. His Pokemon were seated beside him, enjoying the cool sea breeze but also ready on a moment's notice should whatever emerge from the water attempt to put up a fight. Reaper was especially prepared, quietly honing his claws and tail so that he could grab whatever Hubert fished up and secure it quickly. With nothing else to do but wait, Hubert took a deep breath and closed his eyes, hoping he could finally get a modicum of good, hard-earned res--

Nope, that was a bite on his line.

With a heavy sigh, Hubert opened his eyes as soon as he felt the tug and immediately started reeling, hoisting his rod up and back to pull in what he'd hooked. This thing was fast, darting around, pulling his line this way and that way, not allowing Hubert to let up for even a second. However, though it was fast, it didn't feel particularly strong. That meant that as soon as whatever he'd caught took but a moment to rest, Hubert could yank it right out of the water. Continuing to struggle, he waited and waited, ready for that split second when the tension would ease...

There!

With a strained grunt, Hubert saw his shot and stood up, pulling the rod back and over with all his might, and from the water emerged...

SPLAT!

A powerful spray of murky ink, splattering all over Hubert's face and obstructing his vision. His hold on the rod slipped and the rod clattered to the pier floor, but as he recoiled back and began wiping away the gunk with his arms, he called out to Reaper, hoping he could react on time before their catch slipped away.

"Grab it, Reaper!"

With a hiss, the Skorupi reached out with his claw tail at the source of the ink blast, and as soon as he felt his pincers close around a surprisingly small mass, he brought it back and slammed it onto the ground. Hubert's vision was finally wiped clear, and as he peered through the muck, his eyes made out a tiny blue seahorse, unhooked from the line and dazed from the impact. With a grin, Hubert wasted no time in pulling an empty Pokeball out of his backpack and hurled it at the Pokemon. Upon contact, the capsule opened and encapsulated the seahorse in a bright blue light, sucking it inside and closing. Three clicks, and it was officially caught. With a sigh of relief, Hubert bent down to take the Pokeball and tapped it to his forehead, hoping his whispered words would reach the Pokemon inside.

"Please accept me as a trainer, and lend me your strength, that we might realize and share our dreams together."

The Pokeball then began to radiate warmth against Hubert's skin, as if its occupant had seemingly relaxed, and Hubert smiled as he clipped it to his backpack. Flashing a thumbs up to Reaper and anyone else who'd witnessed the encounter, he then turned to JJ with an exhausted glance.

"I'm gonna go... take a shower now."

With that, he made for the boat still docked at the pier and beelined to the men's locker room as the Xtransceiver on his wrist chirped quietly.

"Horsea, the Dragon Pokemon, has been registered!"

"Yo, congrats!" Jayden smiled at his young pupil catching his first Pokemon. "I'll call when we're there, enjoy your shower."

JJ went to lean over the rail of the boat, waiting for the tour to end so they could go back. He looked at the red fish sleeping in the Diva Ball. Such a small Pokemon, probably because it was in the Pokeball, but still, it seemed so innocent. He sorta recalled seeing the Pokemon in text books back in school, but never with such white markings as this one.

"That's a nice Pokeball."

The sound of a girl only made Jayden turn with anticipation, was it his future wife? His eyes set on a group of three girls, they all looked pretty similar, aside from their hair. The one who had spoken was the tallest of the three, she had a reddish hair color that went down to her shoulders. Next to her was the smallest of the three, with long black hair tied into a ponytail and finally, a blonde one with brown eyes, hiding behind the two. The three had a school uniform with an orange and gray combination.

"Thanks." Jayden said as he flexed his muscles and inflated his chest. "Caught this guy with my bare hands." He held up the Pokemon, only to cause a giggle from the girls as they saw what was inside. "Pretty tough, specially when he used Hydro Pump."

The girls laughed, they knew he was pretty much telling lies at that moment. But, JJ felt he was impressing them. "So, those uniforms and that accent, you must be from Hoenn."

"No." The redhead said with a giggle. "Paldea. We're here on a school trip."

"Paldea huh? I think I've been there. Any cool Pokemon?"

"Oh yes, we have big Pokemon, strong Pokemon, cute Pokemon..."

"Big and strong? Huh that's actually what I'm looking for."

"Is your Electrivire not big and strong?"

"He's the best, but we need a team. Do you have any special Pokemon?"

The girl thought for a second, looking at her companions before nodding. "Yeah, we have Terra Pokemon for example."

"Terra? Oh that sounds cool. How do I get there?"

"Oh you going to Paldea? If you do, visit us. We get extra points for helping tourists."

"Count me in! Give me your numbers, I will be there tomorrow!"

The girls laughed at Jayden's boldness while the red head gave her phone number and name, Mary Jane. They were called away by her school's group and JJ couldn't help but tell Hubert the good news.

Azumi continued down the road, Roy trotting as quickly as his heavy body allowed him. The air was calm and Azumi's hearing was coming back. The situation had gotten odd, but if she could help the farmer with the situation and the local rangers. Maybe she could use it as a lever to get a job out on the field and not become the director's secretary. She had been enjoying her travels so far and if she could help people all over Kalos, that would be amazing.

"Hop to it Roy, we need to solve this as soon as possible. We don't want Yanma showing up at the farm again."

The horse Pokemon neighed and push onward, his heavy steps leaving marks on the ground behind him. At the same time, Nimbus sat quietly as the Pokemart clerk read her note and took the cash. He started going through the different products, making sure to get everything on the list.

Kurashiki Ki, July 27th, Hulbury Galar.

Aaaghh de wild area. Home of many dangers and Pokemon. A true challenge for those who aspire to become future champions. "Flame Charge!" Kurashiki, proud owner of two badges and representing her father's auto shop, stood proudly amongst a group of other trainers as they tackled the raid Pokemon.

A giant Poliwag was causing havoc due its den receiving the odd energy to make it dynamax. Along Torchi, there was a man with his Pikachu, a girl with her Magikarp and a young man who had Dynamaxed his Bellsprout to fight the giant Poliwag. Kurashiki's Torchic rushed ahead, covered in flames as she dashed across the field, smashed into the giant's belly and bounced back, quickly running back to the safety of his team's own Dynamax partner.

"I will finish this, Max Overgrow!" The Bellsprout trainer shouted as the enormous grass type shot a seed into the sky and had it crash down into the Poliwag. The impact caused the flowers and grass around them too bloom and shine with energy while the Poliwag cried out and shrunk in size.

Sadly, before Kurashiki could consider catching it, the young man had already thrown his Pokeball, taking the Poliwag for himself. A bit disappointed, but proud they were able to help with a raid, Kura thanked the other trainers as they parted ways. The league transferred some money to her account while the young trainer made her way to the next destination, the fire gym!

Last edited:

Thursday, July 24th – 8:05 pm
Esther Rosana Sophys
Cianwood City
Johto​
『 Pyrrha | Halay | Maçiera | Kasriel | L’ Basseau | Īstha 』​
Interactions: Reina Amaranta Esmeralda de la Santa Cruz Caballero Cortez (@Hecotoro)

Esther allowed herself to relax into Reina’s hug, to enjoy the moment of warmth, skin ship, and friendship from her dearest from who…was SNIFFING her!? By the impeccable shine of Arceus’ pointy golden toes…Reina, what the fuck!?

The Oblivian was stun-locked by her friend’s sudden imbibement of her essence. Arceus, did she smell bad? No, she shouldn’t. She had dolled herself up for a night on the town and that included a bit of perfume and while the battle had been a bit sweaty, she wasn’t that sweaty!

Despite the slightly cramped expression on her face, Esther quickly adopted a warm smile as she wished her friend adieu.

“I’ll miss you too and don’t worry, I’ll remember to tell Naka about Blastoise and I’ll be calling plenty.” Esther waved as Reina turned to leave and then the Oblivian herself turned to head to her hotel.

While she’d love nothing more than to retire for the night, unfortunately, Esther had some laundry to do, and it was about time to restock on basic amenities and supplies. She only dipped into the hotel to gather her clothes and reserve one of the washing machines; then, she hit the road and found a nearby convenience store where she could buy laundry detergent and a few other necessities.

Esther took to browsing the shelves as the cashier rung up her order. Johto…certainly did have its fair share of unique commodities. A neck fan? Male nipple shields? Tentacle earbuds? Weird…

After paying her bill Esther stepped out into the street and found…what was his name? Billiam? She watched for a moment as the man wandered around, seemingly aimless, dare she say, he even looked homeless. Esther rolled her eyes.

“Hey, you…err, what’s your name again? Whatever, never mind that. Are you lost or something? Nowhere to say? C’mon our Inn is just around the corner, I think they still have rooms, so you can check in there.”

Esther didn’t bother waiting for a response, she led Billy back to the Inn and then promptly ditched him. After all, she still had things to do: dinner, laundry, and a bath! If he wanted to talk…well, that could wait till tomorrow.

$??? | Pokéball x??? | PokéToy | Practice Ball | Pokéflute | Unidentified Fossil
Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Bottle (1/2 Gallon)
Water Purifier & Filter
Gothic Lolita Set (Clothing)
Lace Set (Clothing)
Chic Asymmetry Set (Clothing)
Kilt & Ballet Flats
Winter Gear (Clothing)
Climbing Gear
Swimwear
Detachable Rollerblades

Wednesday, July 6th – 10:05 am
Esther Rosana Sophys
Route 7, Riviére Walk, Berry Fields,
Kalos​
『 Pyrrha | Kasriel | Maçiera | L’ Basseau | Pari | Houndour 』​
Interactions: Azumi Towers (@Hecotoro) | Montagne Khastil (@~Patriot~) | Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo (@Grand Master Koop) | Celia Besnard (@ThePlayfulFox)

After two weeks of work as a farmhand in Galar’s wild zone as well as a lifetime of work on her family’s bug farm back in Oblivia, Esther considered herself something of an expert when it came to all things poké-farm. That meant she put on the airs of an expert as she inspected various locations around the farm and identified the spots where they should set up their defenses.

Of course, being an expert in her craft she was more than capable of multi-tasking once Monty joined up with the group. “Oh, Monty? What happened out there, is Yanmega gone?” It was a bit of a non-question really, obviously, Yanmega was gone since there was no more buzzing.

“It looks like something up north caused this Yanma Swarm and the way forward has also been blocked off as a result. Azumi went to check it out and in the meantime this farmer wants us to help defend his farm. He’ll pay. I don’t know about you, but if we’re gonna be here for a while then I’d rather get paid for it. Other than that…”

Come to think of it, she really should’ve asked the farmer about the rates he was paying before accepting the job… This job probably wouldn’t be too lucrative but—'Oh, right!'

Esther perked up and whirled around to face Monty with barely contained excitement."The authorities put out a bounty on Yanma & Yanmega, we can cash them in and they’ll even compensate us for the pokéballs used! Is Yanmega still nearby? Let’s go catch it real quick and then come back for the ones around the farm!”

$6,320 | Pokéball x 0 | Practice Ball | PokéToy | PokéFlute

Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Purifier & Filter
Lace Set (Clothing)
Winter Gear
Climbing Gear
Swimwear

Viscount Emery
Battle Chateau,
Kalos​
Interactions: Felix Winchester (@GLITCHSKULL)

Aurorus fainted as Gengar’s final attack landed and Emery clenched his fist in anger. The Viscount returned Aurorus to its pokéball and then flourished his cape. “Consider yourself lucky, you won’t be as lucky next time.”

With that bitter declaration, the Viscount stomped away and soon disappeared into the Battle Chateau.

Cheren
Aspertia Gym,
Unova​
Interactions: Buck (@ThAtGuY101)

Rock Smash landed and Mincinno cringed in pain, but Cheren was calm and collected. “Minccino, use «Tickle»! Follow up with «Pound»!”

The chinchilla pokémon whipped its tail around to tickle its opponent, it’s normal type energy would cause a fit of uncontrollable laughter that would hinder their opponent’s offense and defense! Once that was done, Minccino spun around and swung its tail like a cudgel, attempting to deliver a powerful «Pound» on their weakened opponent.

[Font]

July 24th,- Castelia City, Liberty Garden, Unova Region
Joyce Blake

"Wow, so this is Liberty Garden." Joyce gleefully exclaimed as skipped around, taking in the sights of the lighthouse island. The girl decided to take a boat ride to the island off the coast of Castelia City after her viewing of the Gym Battle as she did not have anything better to do and sightseeing sounded like a fun pastime. Joyce’s pokemon -with the exception of Wyrm, her Gyarados- were also out and about, following behind their trainer to make sure she didn’t get into any trouble.

Not long after they had gotten to the island, a commotion near the water caught the girl's attention. Running to where the noise was coming from, Joyce witnessed the fishing incident between Hubert and the Horsea he had just reeled up. She turned to her pokemon. "Hey, is that the guy who fought in that Gym battle earlier?" Taking a look at him, they did notice it was the same guy and each gave a nod to affirm the girl's notice. While she watched on, she also observed Hubert walk off, probably to get cleaned up after all that ink that Horsea had sprayed on him.

Alongside the gym challenger, Joyce noticed an Electivire, the same one she saw with the trainer who sat next to her back in the gym. "Huh, small world I guess." She mused to herself as she approached the pair. Joyce waited for the man to finish his conversation with a trio of girls in the same uniforms before walking up to him. She gave them a friendly wave. "Hey there! Were you at the gym earlier? I remember seeing someone with an Electivire sitting next to me."

Hubert Lee​

Castelia City Gym​

"Whew! Way more scrubbing than usual, but that was refreshing."

Hubert stepped out of the locker rooms, dressed in a simple tee and sweats, and a towel was draped over his still damp hair. With his backpack slung over his shoulder, he held his newly caught Pokemon's capsule in hand as he reconvened with JJ, who seemed to be in a much brighter mood than before, if that was even possible. With a wave and a grin, he released Horsea from his ball as well, introducing his new ally to his traveling companion.

"This is Laser! Figured I'd get a Water-Type along with you and make sure we were on even footing. Anyway, you seem pumped about something, anything happen while I was out?"

The Dragon Pokemon floated close by Hubert's side, only allowing JJ a shy chirp in greeting. It was then that Hubert had also noticed a girl speaking with JJ, and he waved with a friendly smile.

"Oh! Didn't notice you there. You a friend of JJ's?"

~Aldon Charlton...~
~Skol the king of gods, Bran the bronzor, Zippy the magnemite, Huck the golett, Wunder the Sigilyph and Bolly the Baltoy...~
~Dogo Onsen Yamatoyo, Cianwood City, Johto ...~

"I wonder if they'll let me swim laps in the hot springs!" Aldon said running off eager to hurry up and get to the hotel. Skol was not fast enough to keep up, but had a surprising amount of pep in his step so that he didn't fall far behind. He had his priorities set and tunnel vision on.

When all was said and done and he had finally arrived at the hotel, he eventually made it to the hot spring. Aldon floated atop the hot spring water, face down casually drifting around. He could hold his breath for a while, but his lack of movement didn't make it any less unsettling. Skol floated on his belly, but at least his nose was poking out of the water. Water shot out the Skol's nostrils as he floated there in the warm water. Skol had a small hand towl on his forehead as he enjoyed the hotspring. Wunder was Aldon's only other pokemon that wanted to participate in the hot spring activities. Though it had no desire to get wet to say the least. Choosing to rest on dry land next to the waters edge.

~Buck Gamble...~
~Rank: 99,987...~
~Buck Pokémon: Braviary/Marshal(M), Mudbray/Tony(M)...~
~Location: Asperita City...~
~Interactions: Cheren...~

Moments after Rock smash hit, Tony had been caught off guard and began uncontrollably laughing as Minccino tickled it. Tony was so overcome in tickles that it almost didn't notice the incoming pound attack coming.

"Get'em Tony! Block and counter it with double kick!" Buck swung his hat in the air as he called out. As Minccino came in to deliver a pound hit, Tony swung it's legs back. Left rear leg then the right one.

Billy Carmichael, Rank 20,000, Cianwood City, Johto, July 24th, "Wandering around with a Pikachu on his head."

As Billy was walking around, the girl that embarrassed herself earlier walked up to him, and asked if he needed a place to stay, he nodded and followed, leading to this nice inn. When he got there, he talked to the Receptionist, who got him checked in.

"Room 93 is available. We hope you enjoy your stay."

"Thank you."

As Billy walked towards his room with his keycard, his Pikachu jumped onto the ground. When inserted the Keycard into the door of room 93, the door opened to reveal a nice room, he set his stuff down, which his Pikachu looked at him as he went to take a shower.

"Clisgeadh, please make sure Kusunoki doesn't get out of his Ball right now." Billy called from the bathroom.

Emma Argentston, Rank 48,679, Cianwood, Johto, July 24th. "Finding a relaxing spot at the hot springs and bumping into Aldon (@ThAtGuY101 )"

Emma had followed Aldon and Desmond to the Hotel, and went to her room, getting herself into some sort of swimsuit that was snagged a while ago, and a towel. Her swimsuit was a blue, normal sized Bikini that fit her frame well, and she put on a towel to go to the hot springs. When she arrived, she dropped the Towel and three Pokéballs opened up to reveal her Gastrodon, Sliggoo, and Cinderace. Cinderace took her towel away from the water, so it would be dry when his trainer needed the towel. As Emma sat down, she found Aldon, floating there, his Slowpoke floating there, and a Sigilyph sitting not far away. Gastrodon plopped into the water, her head above the water, as Sliggoo sat nearby.

"Hi, Aldon, how was your day today?"

Sliggoo looked at the Sigilyph as Gastrodon looked around, keeping near Emma.

Montagne Khastil

The mention of the authorities set the criminal on edge. If they reacted the same way Azumi did, and had some real jurisdiction, would they arrest him over a dead pokémon?

And they were losing out on the bounty, too? The girls' revlusion and the authorities aside, Monty was starting to think the Yanmega's death really was a shame. "We can't cash in on it," the man admitted, leveling his gaze with Esther's. She'd see the body before long, anyway, so he didn't bother sugar-coating anything. "Oracle finished it off, dead in the dirt."

The executioner in question looked quite pleased with herself at the acknowledgement of her glory, and Chauffemagne nodded his head and snorted smoke. They really weren't helping him save face, huh? This was embarrassing! The authorities probably would've paid good money for the evolved insect!

If there was money to be made off of the living insects, though, he'd rather trek up to...where did Esther say? Connecting Cave? Between the black-haired girl and Celia, the energy at the farm wasn't something he was interested in sticking around in. Besides, Azumi was going there and he had a piece of his mind to give her.

"We'll head up to the cave, too." Monty decided. "And this time I'll be sure she doesn't get carried away." Oracle looked offended at the statement. She got carried away?! Did useless Monty forget she really did almost get carried away by the ravenous flying insect!

"Anything else I should keep in mind before we leave?" The criminal asked Esther. He was half waiting for her reaction to the Yanmega's death, and half actually asking before he left.

~Aldon Charlton...~
~Dogo Onsen Yamatoyo, Cianwood City, Johto ...~

Aldon continued to motionlessly float in the water. A few air bubbles rolled up against his cheek and popped upon reaching the water's surface. He jolted to life, gasping for air as he leaned back and looked to where the sound calling his name came from. Aldon glanced over and saw Emma.

"Getting my hot spring on. Nice and warm, so deserved after all that aggron stuff. Skol's like a fish in water. My day is tired. I'm pooped! Metaphorically speaking. How about you? What about your day?" Aldon commented before slowly swimming to one side of the hot spring and slowly to the other side. Making laps, slow enough so not to splash or make waves. Skol was now fully submerged in the water and casually walking around at the bottom of the hot spring. Without getting up or moving, Wunder turned it's eye towards the pokémon nearest it.

"Sig. Sig. Sig! Sig. Lyyyyyph(Hello. Hello. Nice to meet you. Nice. Meet you. Hot springs are warm. Pleasant. I am called Wunderrr)" A low rumbling monotoned synthetic voice rang out.

Wednesday, July 6th – 10:05 am
Esther Rosana Sophys
Kalos​
Interactions: Azumi Towers (@Hecotoro) | Montagne Khastil (@~Patriot~) | Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo (@Grand Master Koop) | Celia Besnard (@ThePlayfulFox)

“Oh…you killed it?” At that, the Oblivian Goth frowned. She smacked her lips and lamented the loss of the bounty, but otherwise made no comment on the deceased Yanmega. Frankly, it was just a predator on the hunt, and it was hardly to blame for its biology. That said, she didn’t much lament the loss of Yanmega, the mega dragonfly would’ve just as quickly killed Kasriel or the farm’s Combee for a quick meal. That was nature.

“So, where’d you leave the body? Did you burn it...?” The girl frowned, her brows knotting together as she tilted her head slightly. “No, I would’ve seen the smoke if you’d burned it, so… you buried it, right?”

The lack of an immediate answer caused Esther to pause her inspection. With slow, almost robotic movements she turned to Monty, nailing him with a gaze that was as pierced as hard as it pled.

“Please tell me you were the last to come in because you were burying the body…?”

Esther closed her eyes. As much as she hoped Monty would answer her in the affirmative, she could already hear the distant drone of wings. Esther lowered her head into her hands and massaged her face. She heaved a deep breath and pulled out the potion Azumi had given her. A press on Houndour’s pokéball caused the she-wolf to appear and Esther immediately got to work applying potion to her wound; thankfully, Houndour didn’t seem to have too many problems with that. Once done, Esther stood up and brought her hands together in two crisp and loud claps.

“Alright, Ladies…and Monty, we’ve got a minute or so before another swarm of pokémon hits us. I don’t know what lives around here so I can’t give you any estimates, but it should be scavengers mostly, drawn over by the Yanmega’s corpse. They should be weaker than the earlier swarm of Yanma since usually only weaker pokémon resort to scavenging.”

It hadn’t been too long since the Yanmega’s death, so likely only the closest pokémon had caught the scent. The problem was…the migration. Who knew what pokémon might be in the area due to whatever had happened up north? Honestly, she’d need to find out if she wanted to defend the farm properly, but that certainly wouldn’t be now. Right now, they needed to drive off the incoming pokémon and then get rid of the body that was attracting them.

Esther turned to Monty. “Alright, since Queen Catastrophe over here caused this, you get to deal with the body. Just take it somewhere else and get rid of it. The quicker the better—and try not to get swarmed. We’ll stall out the pokémon that are approaching, they’ll target the berries once they realize the body is gone. Any questions?”

Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Purifier & Filter
Lace Set (Clothing)
Winter Gear
Climbing Gear
Swimwear

Cheren
Aspertia Gym,
Unova​
Interactions: Buck (@ThAtGuY101)

The Mudbray had quite the unexpected repertoire of fighting-type moves, but Cheren had been a Gym Leader for quite some time now and he had more than enough prepared for something like that. Minccino couldn’t avoid the twin hits of double kick from such a close distance, but it was time to use that to their advantage.

“Minccino, use «Sing»!”

Minccino gritted its teeth and powered through the pain, chirping out a beautiful song to lull its opponent to sleep.

[Font]

~Buck Gamble...~
~Rank: 99,987...~
~Buck Pokémon: Braviary/Marshal(M), Mudbray/Tony(M)...~
~Location: Asperita City...~
~Interactions: Cheren...~

As soon as the double kick had ended, Minccino had used sing. Buck only had a few moments to react. He still had his trick shot. He wasn't sure if it'd do much, but he'd try something. Anything little help could make a difference.

"Yeeeee!! Tony, use mud slap to hush up that singing...!" Buck called out. Bucked kicked up mud, but at Minccino, but it wouldn't matter as the small donkey heard the singing and slowly closed his eyes. He tried to fight it, but slowly lost his ability to stand. Eventually laying down and resting his head. Eyes shut fast asleep. Buck hadn't had a opponent used sleep before. This was a new one. He could only grit his teeth and hoped Tony got up soon.

Emma Argentston, Rank 48,679, Cianwood, Johto, July 24th.

As Emma finished her statement, Aldon seemed to be caught off guard. He eventually settled, Emma had been giggling a bit, then the giggling cut out after he said Aggron.

"An Aggron? Last time I encountered an Aggron that wasn't owned by a Trainer, My Volcarona evolved during that encounter." Emma responded, "I woke up, made sure everyone was well-fed before checking on a Dunsparce Outbreak. Helped them cross the Road, as some people tried to catch them, and got back here, had dinner with a friend, then got Gastrodon, after that, I ran into you guys, Where's Desmond? I have to talk to him about something at some point soon."

Gastrodon looked at Skol, but was very shy, Sliggoo was watching, alongside Cinderace, who was mostly watching the towel.

Montagne Khastil

Esther might think Monty was stupid now, but at least she didn't call him a murderer. He'd take what he could get, but he might've gotten himself the shit end of the stick. Take the corpse somewhere else?

"Got it covered," the man asserted, and he turned to head back to the gate before pausing to add, "Call me or Azumi if it gets too crazy here." With the buzzing getting louder and no time left to waste, Monty took off with his team in tow. Getting back to the corpse was no issue at all, but getting it out of there presented a challenge.

None of his team were big enough to just heave it up and away, and he didn't have access to something like Azumi's Altaria to carry it away by air, either. The Yanmega was at least as long as he was tall...but was it as heavy? Monty squatted down and gave it a tentative lift—deceptively light!

Alright, screw it, if he wanted the job done right he'd have to do it himself. Monty grasped around the base of the tail and HEAVED! upward, pulling the Yanmega up onto his shoulder so that the bulk of the body sat on top of his backpack and the tail draped down the front of his torso. He took a couple of unsteady steps while shifting the weight around, but found his footing and looked down at his own pokémon.

"Chauffe, <<Incinerate>> the head here. It shouldn't take too long to burn." The Houndour puffed smoke and took a deep breath, and the head immediately went up in flames after the massive fireball connected. Monty ordered another one for good measure, and set his sights on the path ahead.

"We'll take it up the road a ways and burn the rest. Esther said the pokémon'll be drawn to it, so Chauffe—" The enthusiastic Houndour perked up. "—you'll keep them at bay with your ranged attacks. Oracle—" The Absol wasn't nearly as interested in what Monty had to say. "—you'll pick off any that get too close."

Hopefully between the two of them, he'd be covered until he could dump the extra 55 kilograms or so weighing him down. Still, he couldn't be too careful. Monty used his free hand to pull out Abné's ball, and in a FLASH! of light she materialized on the ground. The silver Eevee looked at her trainer and his chitonous burden curiously, and he looked at her sternly.

"I need you to help out, too, girly." Abné's curiousity dropped, replaced by hesitation, and she shrunk down at the prospect. Since stealing her from the poacher camp a couple weeks prior, she'd done the same thing each time Monty even mentioned trying to get her to battle. Even so, the situation called for all hands on deck.

"Get up here." Monty motioned for his shoulder, and the Eevee reluctantly complied. He was skeptical of her capabilities and her willingness, but the chaos of the Yanmega fight was just another affirmation of something he'd known since the first time she refused to battle—the Eevee was dead weight. If she couldn't battle, he couldn't justify keeping her around for much longer.

With some teammates willing and others not, the group set off down the road toward Connecting Cave.

"Hey yeah I remember you." Jayden said as he laid eyes on the girl. He must be looking specially handsome after he captured his water Pokemon. "Listen, I admit, we have a special connection, there's no denying it. But, I must warn you, becoming champion is first for me. If you can handle the rough life of a future champ, we might be able to make this work."

Just then Hubert arrived, what perfect timing! "Hubert, this is my new girl friend. She will be coming with us to witness your rise to greatness." He waved at the new addition to the team before remembering the conversation about Pladea. "Oh and we're leaving for Paldea by the way, need any supplies before we leave?"

The road to connecting cave had been simple, nothing out of the ordinary for Azumi. As she approached the site, she took note of the ranger camp set up. Even though she was technically still a student, she felt as if the authority she could get from Lumiouse city in a few days, was already in her. She dismounted her Mudsdale, returning the Pokemon with a promise of a good meal in the future. The blonde woman nodded and smiled at the nearby mechanics and workers. If she only knew they were hard at work, she would've brought them a basket of berries.

"Excusez-moi." Azumi said as she approached a ranger. "I was wondering if there's anything I can do to help. Me and some friends are planning on passing through here soon. A local farmer has informed me that this might take up to a week, so, I will like to lend a hand to try and solve this situation faster." She offered her hand with a smile, "My name is Azumi Towers, I am a countess in the Battle Chateu and have just finished training in the academy, will be joining the Lumious police force soon."

Hubert Lee​

Castelia City Gym​

"Your new what?"

Hubert blinked as JJ introduced the newcomer, tilting his head to the side in confusion, but then he understood.

They were definitely meeting for the first time.

"...yeah, alright."

With a slightly apologetic grin, Hubert waved at the girl before recalling Laser into his Pokeball, offering a handshake to introduce himself.

"I'm Hubert; nice to meet you."

Then, JJ had nonchalantly mentioned their detour to a place called Paldea, which Hubert had never heard of, prompting yet another confused blink from him. Where even was that? He hadn't seen any particular location in the Unova region with that name, meaning this place could potentially be in a completely different region. Where had JJ even heard of that name? And yet, with a shrug of resignation, Hubert massaged his temple and chuckled dryly to himself.

"Sure man, why not? When do we leave? You know how long we plan to stay?"

Such a sudden detour when his Unova League Challenge had just begun felt unreasonable, but if JJ was this excited to venture to wherever Paldea was, maybe there was something valuable in it for Hubert as well. Turning back to glance at the girl who hadn't even shared her name with him, probably not even with JJ, he gave yet another exhausted smile that seemed to say, 'Sorry about this guy.'

July 6th, Wednesday - Rivière Walk, Route 7, Berry Fields, Kalos Region
Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo

Beatrice was in the process of pulling out a large folding table from her bag when Esther's loud clap reached her ears. The girl turned to face the other girl as she spoke. "More of them?" She exclaimed. "I better get this set up." She added in mumbles as she finished pulling her table out. Unfolding the table near the center of the farm, Beatrice then took out a laptop and set it atop of it. Following that, the young woman pulled out her Spidops' pokeball, contemplating whether she should send her out or not. "Hmm, if what Esther is predicting is true, then the next wave will be weaker than what we just faced. However, Seda did receive a major wound during the fight with the Yanmega and should rest some more.

After some more thinking, Beatrice decided to keep Seda in her pokeball for the time being and settled with using Vallace and Clyde. Just as she finished her set up, the sounds of distant buzzing began quickly closing in as the girl watched Monty leave with the corpse of the felled Yanmega, pinching her nose when the smell of burning bug flesh reached her. “Alright, I’m ready.” She declared.

July 25th, Cianwood City, Reina Amaranta Esmeralda de la Santa Cruz Caballero Cortez, Rank 29,574.

"Wake up!"

Reina sat up as quickly as possible. She wasn't used to such a rude wake up call and much less to the mand standing at her doorway glaring at her. It was Clark, Chuck's most loyal student. Normally Reina wouldn't freak out, but it was a young man in a young woman's room and she was wearing short shorts and a tank top. It seemed Clark noticed too as they both blushed before Reina's pillow hit Clark's face.

"Get out!" Reina yelled out. She rubbed her eyes as they got used to the darkness. Wait, darkness?! She got up and rushed to the window. The sun wasn't out yet! Still that wasn't the only thing she noticed, Chuck was already at the beach, meditating with his Poliwrath.

"Let's do this!" Reina changed into the uniform she had been given the prior night. It was black with the gym's badge as an insignia on the back.

The Metztli trainer rushed outside, reaching Chuck's location as soon as possible. She tried talking to him, but he wouldn't answered, too concentrated. Taking a hint, she sat down next to his Poliwrath attempting to follow his training.

Dogo Onsen Yamatoyo Inn, Cianwood City, Johto (July 24th)

Interactions: @ThAtGuY101 (Aldon) @Cmeriwether (Emma)
Desmond had checked into the inn and his room as he worked to set his camera gear aside. Desmond had no been hankering to go to the hot springs but he guessed his Pokemon, Politoed in particular, would've wanted to check it out so he changed to a looser t-shirt and some shorts before he headed over to the hot springs where it seemed Aldon had already been in the water with Skol while others of his Pokemon enjoyed the scenery as Emma seemed to join the area with her own Pokemon out and about.

Needless to say the bound of Pokemon around in one location caused Desmond to be a bit skiddish, more so when his own in the trio of Politoed, Kricketune and Mimikyu. Politoed seemed to jump over to the hot springs and did a bellow flop as it took to the water like a moth to flame. Kricketune walked over by Emma and her mon as if to say hi and Mimikyu...

"S-stop cuddling me!" Desmond called out with a shiver as Mimikyu seemed to hug its leg which had been endearing to most but crossed his comfort level for someone like Desmond. Desmond none the less entered though avoided getting in the water as he faced the two.

"S-so uh, make yourselves comfortable huh?"

Milliana Barlowe, Unranked, Route 217, Sinnoh, June 22nd.

Milliana was surprised, most people she knew of would not bother her, at all, at home, especially with how dangerous her dad was.

"I-I a-am o-on m-my w-way t-to S-Sandgem t-town t-to v-visit t-the P-professor's l-lab, L-lake A-acuity w-was a-a r-rest s-stop, a-and t-the G-Gyarados w-wandered i-into m-my c-camp. W-we b-booked i-it, a-and s-started t-treatment h-here."

As she looked around, a Fire was being tended to by a Strange Arcanine. A green tipped Clefairy was looking over and Life Dewing Duraludon's injuries. Other Pokémon were doing their things as she Made lunch, sitting by the fire. Duraludon was somewhat energized as the injuries started healing themselves.
Axel, Route 217, Sinnoh, June 22nd.

Axel pondered while quickly putting up his own tent, he was a curious chap, he had met plenty of people and heard plenty of tales while exploring the great Mt. Coronet. All the while the rocky Arcanine keeping a stoic look over every thing, Clefairy kept helping Duraladon and Bronzor had drifted off into a nap.
"Sandgem eh? Didn't realize the Professor was down there, makes sense though. Sorry to hear your trip has been rough. Mind me asking where you're from and why are you going to see the Professor?"
Axel noticed that the snow had began to lighten up just a little which put a smile on his face. He didn't mind the snow but being buried in it was another thing. He brushed the flurries off his dirty freckled face before shaking out his red hair.

Montagne Khastil
July 6 Rivière Walk (Route 7), Kalos

"HUFF...HUFF...HUH!" Monty was sweating, thirsty, and pissed off! He dumped the carcass off his shoulder, nearly dropping it onto Chauffe in the process, and sunk down to the ground next to it.

"RrrUFF!" The Houndour, though usually all for everything his trainer did, barked his disapproval. Monty barked back, "Calm down, copain. You didn't carry this thing a fuckin' kilometer, did you?" Chauffemagne snorted smoke, and his trainer rolled his eyes. "Keep a look out for more pests, Chauffe. I'm getting a drink."

Monty pulled his arms out from his backpack, retrieved the now-warm soda Azumi had gotten him only a little while ago, and cracked it open with a scowl. He'd drink it...but he was highly offended by it! It didn't even sate his thirst all that much, but Abné craned her neck out to try and get a sip, too.

"No, girly, this is mine." Monty picked the Eevee up with his free hand and set her down, and she yipped indignantly at him for both removing her from her favorite spot and depriving her of a drink. Her tiny fury was, as always, hilarious. "Quite the mouth on you, young lady. Hang on."

The man went back to rummaging in his backpack, and as he dug he called out, "Chauffe! Start <<Incinerating>> the Yanmega!" The Houndour readily obeyed, and as the carcass went up in flames Monty pulled out the exact opposite of fire; a canteen of the finest hotel tap water their room provided.

A couple of minutes later and Monty was able to kill two Yanmega with one Night Slash—the carcass was burned and the team was watered. The man surveyed the path forward, with there being another kilometer or so between them and the cave. They made the trek much faster than the first half without the extra sixty kilos weighing him down, and Monty figured they'd reached the right place when he saw the collection of equipment, workers, and official-looking dudes in what he only assumed were ranger uniforms.

This was where Azumi went, right? He turned his head this-way-and-that. So where the hell was she?!

July 24th,- Castelia City, Liberty Garden, Unova Region
Joyce Blake

Hearing Hubert's approach, Joyce quickly turned to greet the gym challenger with a friendly wave. "Hey there, I saw your gym battle, it was a great match." She declared. Before she could utter another word, Jayden began his spiel about becoming the champion, her being his new girlfriend and the sudden mention of Paldea. Joyce's eyes went blank, the girl quickly looked back and forth between the two men, her face portraying a clear look of the confusion she currently felt. "Uh... What?" Sapling and Thorn shared their trainer’s confusion as their eyes also began darting around while Teller gave JJ a stern look with his arms crossed.

Luckily, the awkward situation was quickly diffused when Hubert ignored his friend’s claim and introduced himself to the girl, bringing her out of her stupor. “Right, I’m Joyce. Glad to meet you.” She quickly replied, taking Hubert’s hand with both of her own as she returned the shake.

"So you're headed to Paldea?" She asked, bringing the subject onto the pair's apparent next destination. "That sounds fun."

~Aldon Charlton...~
~Safari Zone...~
~interactions: Emma, Desmond...~

Aldon nodded along as Emma explained her evolving of volcarona and a more detailed explanation on the dunsparce outbreak. He had heard her mention it earlier, but knew nothing of the incident so any detail was news to him.

"Crossing the road, huh? That must of been a lotta snakes trying to cross the road then. Makes you wonder why the torchic crossed the road scenario, haha" Aldon mused.

Skol looked up from beneath the water. As gastrodon gazed at Skol, so too did Skol gaze back at Gastrodon. Bubbles rose to the water's surface as Skol attempted to speak. Aldon looked around and wondered where he could find Desmond as well.

"Yeah, where is he. Probably in the hotel room or eatin- There he is!" Aldon pressed his index finger to his chin as he watched mimikyu cuddle Desmond once more.

"I know where mimikyu plans to sleep tonight" Aldon said imagining Mimikyu sneaking out of their pokéball in the middle of night to crawl in bed and cuddle.

"Big chillin'!" Aldon said. Meanwhile, Skol was now floating upside down in the water, glancing over at politoad. Wunder continued to look around the pool aimlessly enjoying the steam that came off the top off the top of the water.

"It should be. Paldea is of course, a region with people and Pokemon." JJ knew nothing about the region, but he tried to make it sound like he did. "Well I'm going to get something to eat on the way back, then we switch boats." He pointed at the group of students gathered around. "Whichever boat they get on."

He smiled at the team and simply left. He had nothing else to clarify. Welm he did, but he didn't know the answers. With little time to spare, JJ and Ele found the cafeteria quickly and had a fast lunch. He had secretly hoped to run into the Paldean girls, but their school group never showed up. Until the boat finally arrived back to Castelia, JJ finally stepped out.

Once of the boat he waited for his travel companions while looking around for a boat to Paldea.

Hubert Lee​

Castelia City Gym​

"Oh, you were there? I appreciate that. Glad we could put on a good show."

JJ had then explained... well, 'explained' was a bit of a reach, but he'd explained what Paldea was, and Hubert was surprised to hear that it was its own region, but of course, that was all he'd heard. With a humored roll of his eyes, Hubert shrugged once again and leaned against the railing of the boat.

"Pretty impulsive, but I gotta say it does sound pretty fun. Let's see what happens, huh?"

JJ had then left to grab another bite to eat, promptly leaving Hubert with the girl, who'd introduced herself as Joyce. After a brief moment of silence, Hubert glanced over at her partner Pokemon, both being ones he hadn't seen before. With a friendly smile, he attempted to strike up more conversation, gesturing towards the two reptilian Pokemon as well as bringing out his own so that all six of them could meet.

"Some strong-looking partners you got there. What are their names? I take it you've seen my team already--in action, as well."

- - -

After some more conversation amongst the three newly met travelers, the boat finally arrived back at Castelia City, and JJ wasted no time in searching for a way to get to the Paldea region. Hubert stepped off the ship as well, keeping his head on a casual swivel as he looked around for the group of students, who'd apparently tipped JJ off about the place to begin with.

Wednesday, July 6th – 10:07 am
Esther Rosana Sophys
Kalos​
Interactions: Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo (@Grand Master Koop) | Celia Besnard (@ThePlayfulFox)

Esther was stunned, floored, utterly flummoxed. Was this girl...real? A table? A laptop? What did she plan to do with those—play video games while the rest of them fought? At least if she had her Rotom then Esther would’ve given her the benefit of the doubt and assumed she was doing something with that, but the strange little pokémon had gone off with Azumi. What even was the play here?

Whatever. Esther pivoted without a word and marched toward the farm’s entrance. Beatrice was doing...something and the other girl was...actually, Esther didn’t know where she ran off to. In any case, Esther found herself the only trainer holding the fort.

“I’m definitely keeping all the money...”

Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Purifier & Filter
Lace Set (Clothing)
Winter Gear
Climbing Gear
Swimwear

Wednesday, July 6th – 10:15 am
Connecting Cave, Ranger Base
Kalos​
Interactions: Azumi Towers (@Hecotoro)​

The Rangers were immediately on-guard as Azumi approached the base. They had no shortage of encounters with stubborn trainers who thought rangers couldn’t tell them what to do or where to go. Once it was clear that Azumi was not one such trainer, the rangers relaxed and traded looks. Eventually, a man was singled out and he walked over to Azumi.

“Salut mon ami! I hate to say this since you seem to be a good sort, but we can’t allow anyone to pass through the Connecting Cave and honestly, the situation is a bit too delicate for us to allow any trainer to meddle. Although...you said you were a graduate of the academy? Hmm, then maybe you can actually help us out,”

The man waved Azumi over, gesturing for her to follow and let her to a large tent where an operated monitored large holographic sprawl of the area. The ranger waved Azumi over to the map.

“About a month ago a group of poachers attacked Route 10 and they did a number on the Houndour & Houndoom pack that lived along the route. We believe these poachers had some inside help but...well, I guess that isn’t important. The issue is that during their fight the Houndour did what they do best and started torching things—trees, grass, shrubs, the whole works.

“This already caused a huge disruption to the natural ecosystem, but even worse some pokémon caused rain in attempts to douse the fire. Usually, this wouldn’t be a problem, but Houndoom are infamous for their toxic flames, and the specific chemicals that make their flames toxic also ensure that all the smoke they created, once absorbed by the rain clouds, comes right back down as fierce acid rain.

“The effects were...well, we’re still trying to understand that ourselves. The immediate consequence, the acid rain weakened the surrounding rock formations. We had to block off Glittering Cave up north and the Connecting Cave down here. It wouldn’t be so bad if it was just the acid rain, but the rain caused a lot of pokémon to migrate as they tried to avoid it. Particularly grass type and then bug types who prey on them and then larger predators who prey on those—see the problem? We’ve got the whole food chain hauling ass.

“To make things even worse, it’s late summer and that means Yanma breeding season. They usually don’t come this far south but now that they have, they’ve utterly infested the marshy areas created by the Rivere’s tributaries. If we don’t manage to deal with these Yanma soon their numbers are going to explode—triple at the minimum. And since they’ve been gearing up for feeding and protecting their young, the Yanma have been extremely aggressive.

“Whenever they swarm the nearby grass types flee to the caves. The rock types that already live in the cave stand no chance against the influx of grass types and have been really agitated as a result. Between the weakened rock and the agitated rock types of cave-ins are at a record high. Trying to go through the cave is practically a death sentence.

“We’ve got plans to go in and try a mass re-location of the Yanma but...it’s tricky. Route 7 is littered with medieval manors and palaces, and if the Yanma get too rowdy the shockwaves produced by their wings will cause extensive damage—shattering glass: windows, priceless vases, and cultural artworks. It’s one big headache. Luckily, figuring out how to do all that isn’t my job. I’m just here to guard Connective Cave.

“The main headquarters for this operation is over in Calanthe Town, so you’d best go there if you want to help."

Azumi listened attentively to the situation, taking some notes as she did so. The situation was a lot worse than she thought. What made it even worse was the fact that it was done by poachers. Still, she was now more determined to help out and solve the problem. She put away her notebook and asked permission to take a picture of the map with the incidents marked on them.

"Thank you for allowing me to help out. I will travel to Calanthe Town right away." She passed on her phone number to the ranger. "If any more information comes up, don't hesitate to call me please. Any specific route you could recommend?" As soon as Azumi got the details, she saluted the ranger and thanked him for his service.

The blonde woman stepped out, only to see a familiar figure circling the sky. She whistled to the bird, receiving a chirp in return as the Altaria landed softly next to her. Azumi took the small bag and checked the items, it seemed she had gotten what she needed. She thanked the bird with soft pat on the head and returned her back to safety. Next up, was to bother her loyal steed once more. "Come on Roy!"

The horse landed on the ground, causing a small shake. He gave Azumi one unamused look and shook his head. "I know, I'm sorry. I promise to take good care of you after all of this." As she prepared the mount on the Mudsdale once more, her eyes caught eye of yet another familiar figure. Was that Monty?

A loud sigh escaped her lips as she watched the man looking around, almost as if lost. This also meant there were less people back at the farm. Still, she opted against talking to him, her feelings still mixed and unstable to start a conversation with the cause of that.

Theo Hightower
Sunday - July 24th Johto Safari Zone Gate
Interactions: Johnathan (Red Gallade), Naka (Merciless Medic), Esther (Kyuukestu)

Unlocking his Rotom Phone, Theo opened the messages between himself and Naka so the messages she was about to send wouldn't make the notification bell ding a hundred times. The mental image he got of a Machamp before he saw the message she sent him had him questioning “What, like Asura?” When he saw the image of Machamp and the other pokemon, Theo nodded. “Oh. Yeah. Just like. Huh.” He closed the phone for now, figuring he would have time later to look all the information over at his own pace.

Riolu ignored her friends, stepping back as the automatic doors opened for another approaching human, the Riolu darting between the human's legs to get out of the Safari Zone Entrance before the doors closed again. If her human wasn't going to assist in her training, then she would just have to train by herself. Minnie wanted to get stronger, did she? Well then, Ro would just have to become even stronger so her friend would have a rival able to keep her on her toes. She was evolved now, that was going to be a problem, but she believed with enough training that shouldn't be an issue.

Theo grinned, giving a light nod to Naka's words. “Always two, there are. No more, no less. A master and an apprentice.” At Esther's return to the group she announced that she, along with Naka, had plans to go their separate ways once their small group returned to Olivine City. Naka was going to enter a doubles tournament, the topic of which Johnathan seemed to be eager to want in on as well. Esther was going to a region called Kalos, Theo making a mental note of its name. It seemed it was time to go, so once they were ready Theo would walk with the group out of the Safari Zone Entrance.

The others knew exactly what they wanted to do next. That was the difference between them. Theo had no clue what he was supposed to be doing anymore. He didn't want to impose on any of them, because he was certain he'd do nothing but slow anyone down, but at the same time he wasn't 100% sure he should travel alone just yet either. Then he remembered. “Hey, where's that professor you're going to introduce me to again Naka? I should probably try and secure a job before I do anything else.” Funds were going to be an extremely important deciding factor in where he went from here.

The sound of a scuffle caught his attention, Theo breaking away from the group just long enough to find out what was going on, seeing his newly caught Riolu and a small orange fox with multiple tails going toe to toe. As soon as he appeared the fox looked up to him and scurried off in the opposite direction, Theo wondering what pokemon it was before looking to his new team member. “C'mon you. We're heading out. Time to see the world.” the Riolu had by this point relaxed her fighting stance and looked to her trainer, allowing him to recall her to her new spherical home. He rejoined the group as they made their way back to town, using the time to glance through the information Naka had sent her earlier. He trusted them to not let him walk in to anything while he was reading.

Montagne Khastil
July 6 Rivière Walk (Route 7), Kalos

Monty had spent the entire walk to Connecting Cave laboring over what he would say to Azumi when he saw her—how she didn't know the first thing about him, how clearly she didn't know the first thing about real life, and how she was under some delusion that she was better than him! Yeah, that was a good start.

Yet when the Kalosian saw her across the way, the words just...caught in his throat. Azumi was walking out of some big tent, a central hub if he'd ever seen one, and she looked like she was in her element. Her confidence, her poise, like she was born to support some big ranger operation, all of it screamed strength.

Did a sheltered girl really get that way?

The edge Monty spent nearly three kilometers sharpening dulled, but his feet carried him forward regardless and he called out, "Azumi! Hey, Azumi!" Pfft, Azumi still wasn't looking his way. Did she not hear him, or was she that upset still? He didn't have time for that shit, they had a crisis to resolve so he wouldn't be stuck on some shmucks farm staring at oran berries for a week.

"Countess! Oh, Countess Towers!" Monty called again once he got closer. "Do you always rush off with no backup while giant insects are flying around at the speed of sound?"