• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed PokéSync: Discussion Thread

What region should the Rp be held in first?

• Kanto

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Johto

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Unova

• Kalos

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Alola

• Galar

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Announcement

On account of an unforeseen withdrawal from the Tag Battle Tournament, we now have one more open slot that needs to be filled for us to have balanced teams. We'll be using a first-come-first-served basis but if no one is interested then I'll fill the slot regardless. Please use this time to decide whether you'd like to participate in the Tournament.

Name: Justin Toren
Trainer Class: Battler
Physical Appearance: He is quite normal, however he has brown hair that looks like Chairman Rose's hair, and Ultramarine eyes. His Skin is light
Clothing: He wears black jeans, and a white shirt with a Dragonite on it. He has blue shoes.
Personality: Quite happy, and always likes having new friends.
Starter: Chimchar

Name: Coal
Species: Chimchar
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Likes To Eat
Moves: Ember, Scratch, Rock Smash( via TM), Work Up (via TM)

Name: Justin Toren
Trainer Class: Battler
Physical Appearance: He is quite normal, however he has brown hair that looks like Chairman Rose's hair, and Ultramarine eyes. His Skin is light
Clothing: He wears black jeans, and a white shirt with a Dragonite on it. He has blue shoes.
Personality: Quite happy, and always likes having new friends.
Starter: Chimchar

Name: Coal
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Likes To Eat
Moves: Ember, Scratch, Rock Smash( via TM), Work Up (via TM)
Accepted, have fun:blush:

If I may, I'd like to join. Here's my character.

Name: Diana
Trainer Class: Breeder/Ranger
Physical Appearance:
Diana screenshot.png

Clothing: As seen in the image above. The crossbow and bolts are non-lethal.
Personality: (Optional)
Backstory: (Optional)
Starter: Rockruff

Name: Lupa
Species: Rockruff
Ability: Keen Eye
Appearance: She's albino; red eyes, all white fur, and chalk white stones. Larger than normal Rockruff, about twice the size.
Moves: Tackle, Leer, Sand Attack

Last edited:
(In a song) Oh why do i get attracted to theeese?

Name: Riku Tajiri
Trainer Class: Battler!
Physical Appearance: He is sort of a medium body build. He has light skin, misty blue eyes, and a light brown hair
Clothing: He wears a white t-shirt with a Pikachu on it, black jeans and blue shoes. He wears a white hiking bag.
Personality: Funny, kind and friendly: the only three words needed to describe Riku.
Backstory: Oh, god I'm skipping this im no good at backstories
Starter: Pikachu (caught himself!)

Name: Bolt
Species: Pikachu
Ability: Lightning Rod (lucky me XD)
Nature: Bashful
Characteristic: Highly curious (better sp. atk)
Moves: Thunder Shock, Tail Whip, Growl, Volt Switch (TM)

(In a song) Oh why do i get attracted to theeese?

Name: Riku Tajiri
Trainer Class: Battler!
Physical Appearance: He is sort of a medium body build. He has light skin, misty blue eyes, and a light brown hair
Clothing: He wears a white t-shirt with a Pikachu on it, black jeans and blue shoes. He wears a white hiking bag.
Personality: Funny, kind and friendly: the only three words needed to describe Riku.
Backstory: Oh, god I'm skipping this im no good at backstories
Starter: Pikachu (caught himself!)

Name: Bolt
Species: Pikachu
Ability: Lightning Rod (lucky me XD)
Nature: Bashful
Characteristic: Highly curious (better sp. atk)
Moves: Thunder Shock, Tail Whip, Growl, Volt Switch (TM)
Sorry, this ended.

Trainer BIOS Sheet

Name: Haven't decided yet.
Trainer Class: Conquerer of Death, Tamer of Malice, Savior of this forsaken world.

"Yes, that is what it says on my trainer card. No, you can't check it..."

Physical Appearance: Pending
Clothing: Pending
Personality: Ever cool, collected, and level-headed that's the façade [Blank] has cultivated and presents to the world; and, in truth, he's not too far off, if only his wild daydreams didn't keep getting in his way...
Backstory: Pending – Hails from Grand Spectrala Island, of the Decolore Archipelago—a chain of islands that sits between Unova and Kanto.
Starter: Zorua (Hisuian)

Pokemon BIOS Sheet

Name: Jugemu Jugemu Gokō-no Surikire Kaijarisuigyou-no Suigyoumatsu Unraimatsu Fūraimatsu Kūnerutokoro-ni Sumutokoro Yaburakōji-no Burakouji Paipo Paipo Paipo-no Shūringan Shūringan-no Gūrindai Gūrindai-no Ponpokopī-no Ponpokonā-no Chōkyūmei no Chōsuke

Jue-Jue for short

shout out to @Merciless Medic for suggesting the name ♥
Species: Zorua (Hisuian)
Ability: Illusion
Nature: (Optional)
Characteristic: (Optional)
Appearance: Jue-Jue is shiny,
Moves: Scratch, Leer, Torment, Shadow Sneak

Trainer BIOS Sheet
Name: Xiang Min
Trainer Class: Gourmet/Chef
Physical Appearance: TBD
Clothing: TBD
Personality: TBD
Backstory: TBD
Starter: Teddiursa

Pokemon BIOS Sheet
Name: Go
Species: Teddiursa
Ability: Pickup
Appearance: (Optional)
Moves: Fling, Covet, Baby-Doll Eyes, Lick

Name: Bua
Appearance: (Optional)
Moves: Scratch, Leer, Ember Taunt

I'm going to leave this unfinished Bio here for the time being until I clear some things up and get home to complete it.

Oh so we're just dropping unfinished bios now?

Name: Nuatsiki "Nua" Tenkiwara
Trainer Class: Meteorologist

Physical Appearance: Nua's steely-gray eyes pierce through whatever they're set on, and when they're not narrowed in annoyance they're wide with interest. Her skin is cream-white, and her curly brown hair cascades halfway down her back unless it's up in a bushy ponytail. She has a slim physique and stands at five-feet-four-inches tall.
Clothing: Uhhhhh...TBD

Personality: Nua is a dedicated researcher, and when she sets her mind to a task there is little that can pull her from it. She spends much of her free time pouring over academic texts, her apititude for knowledge absorption fueling a "smarter than you" ego from a young age.

She's headstrong, constantly clashing with people she's challenged by or wants to challenge, and she takes immense satisfaction in being correct and intensely despises being wrong. Her academic genius has earned her prestige from learning institutions across the Hoenn region, a fact she loves to brag about, but her contentiously-competitive nature has earned her few friends. Nua is by no means a lonely girl, though, and she often feels that solitude allows her to produce her best work.

Backstory: Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh TBD

<<Starter>>

Name:
Rafale
Species: A-Vulpix
Ability: Snow Warning
Nature: Timid
Appearance: Wears a white and gray scarf with a cloud pattern and the Weather Institute logo on it.
Moves: Powder Snow, Tail Whip, Disable, Ice Shard

Last edited:
Name: Guy Larch
Trainer Class : Hiker
Physical Appearance: 5'10 ft. Slim. He's a little tan. Not very, but a little. Baby blue left eye, and mint green right eye. Chiseled jawline. He has a dull mocha brown relatively short slick back hairdo. His feet are longer than average people of his height.

Clothing: He wears a olive green flannel shirt with four pockets on the front. Two by the chest and two by the waist. He wears a faded dark brown leather jacket with four pockets. Two on the hips, and two hidden away on the inside. He has 'gotta catch 'em all' boxers, but you probably wish I didn't write that. loose brown slacks, a black tactical belt with all sorts of tools for paleontology, brown socks, and burgundy dress shoes with white detail. He also has a dark green shoulder bag with a picture of a slowpoke with the caption, "Slow and steady wins the race. He also has sandy brown leather gloves. , For no reason in particular, he has a dark brown leather whip on his belt. Don't you worry about that.

Personality: He's very good at reading people. Mostly because he likes to be prepared. Always prepared. Prepared for everything. Hypothetical included. Yes, he borders on paranoia, but not to a crazy extent. Though that's probably subjective at best. Unfortunately he isn't quite good at phrasing things which can sometimes make him come off as rude or blunt. Whenever people get angry with his behavior, he usually raises his voice and oftentimes poorly explains himself which probably only escalates the given situation.

Backstory: Guy grew up in Canalave City, Sinnoh. His mother, a woman named Harriet who worked was a pokémon breeder. His father was a man named Ford. He was a college professor of Medieval studies. His mother and father met through the shared interests of reading at the Canalave Library. One of those weird 'how I met your mother' stories. Despite his dad's interests in archaeology, Guy was more interested in exploring and didn't particularly care for the history so much as he did the scenery. He still took the history seriously but that was just a minor benefit of traveling. Mountains and hillsides. Caves and caverns were his calling. He loved it all. Deep sea diving was neat too, but he definitely preferred dry land. So did Goju, his faithful sidekick. He took his father's teachings to heart but was mostly in it to travel and go on great adventures and possibly make friends along the way.

Starter: Bonsley

Name: Goju
Species: Bonsley
Ability: rock head
Nature: Jolly
Characteristic: likes to relax
Appearance: Like a regular shiny bonsley

Name: Rook
Species: Kabuto
Ability: Battle armor
Nature Impish
charicteristics: Likes to eat too much
Appearance: It has a large birthmark on its back which vaguely looks like a skull

My altered bio.

Last edited:
Quick question, is this a reboot on the original RP thread or we're continuing from where we left off? (Either way, if I rejoin, I'll need a new character since Renz can't participate and my character heavily relied on his...)
It's a separate RP that has no relation to PokeSync.

Edit: Lmao, I thought this was the other pokemon thread. My mistake, yes, we're just continuing from where we left off, but a few people are making new chars anyway.

If you're interested feel free to draft a character sheet, or ask around, see what people are up to and where you'd like to slide in.

Last edited:

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Good day!~ I've read into the roleplay and it seems extremely interesting, and I'd like to see if it is possible for my arrival! I also have someone who's looking to start roleplaying on this website, and I was wondering if I could get permission for them as well. I am hoping to see them confirm their interest in a post after mind. Would I also be able to get information on the state of the roleplay and how it has evolved since the initial plot and sinopsis? It would be greatly appreciated!

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
That's a shame. I suppose you wouldn't accept an apology and the knowledge I've sought a therapist for my issues? I've put an effort into changing who I am, for the better. Thou must not let previous grievances get in the way of change! After all, many things can happen in a year. I never meant to hurt anyone.

Last edited:
We aren't accepting new members currently, apologies. We restarted this and decided to keep it small and I should've set it to private/closed. I do wish you the best though, if I make another Rp you're welcome to a second chance.