• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Roll To Dodge Adventures - The Grail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heavens, puzzles are so exciting! May I examine what sort of tiles my friend the knight and I have stepped on?

Judging by the gas hissing, I assume we must be quick about this! Currently, I am inclined to believe that the arrow and spiral tiles are certainly no good, but I would like to better examine the ones we are afoot, first!

I move my foot aside, and even though I'm in a bit of pain, I make sure to glance at whatever tile I may have stepped on to spring said trap. The smell on the air indicates that there isn't much time to work through the puzzle, and I move aside to let my companion get a closer look at the tiles.

Dinova2 – 3 You go forward into the tunnel, mindful to avoid the battle you can hear happening the other way. You eventually reach a corridor to see a rather ugly sight. Several corpses hang from the walls, suspended off the ground as if they were floating. Your stomach wrenches as you see that they are hung up by spears in the walls, a head like two sickles merged together with a pointed tip between them for maximum pain, and hooking once it ensnares a victim. No doubt, the people that were impaled by them died painfully. However, in death, they still serve a purpose. You notice several holes in the wall in the corridor, a neat box of evenly spaced holes that line each wall. You realize that there could be one of those spears in any of the holes, ready to strike and kill, if not trap, an adventurer who triggers its dangerous trap. The ground itself is covered in dirt, though you can’t see anything else. You need to find a way past this dangerous trap.

Dark Soul – 6 You enter the room to see a very curious sight. It seems that there are paintings all over the walls, not just any paintings though. These paintings show battle, blood, and violence, from a small wrestle between two children, to a battlefield of thousands. One in particular catches your eye, it’s three men all circling a shadowy figure with distinct ears and a tail, for someone like you, it’s pretty clear that this is a werewolf. You see that there are two sister paintings beside it, of the werewolf slaying the trio and then howling in the moonlight. Even though they are just pictures, you feel for the creature in the art and feel a deeper connection to your animal side. +1 Werewolf Form. There doesn’t seem to be anything else that you can see, although you can’t see anything on the walls other than the paintings, perhaps that’s not all there is in here.

UnLuckii – 6 You come from a very different calling than your fallen brother. You are one that practices in the less popular art of this world; science and technology. You seek ways to use technology as a weapon, with frightening results. Your unique weaponry in the form of bombs, guns, and other gadgets gives you a shocking edge in battle leaving an opponent barely believing what they are fighting.

Charr Engineer
Health = 50/50
Hunger = 50/50
Weapon: Custom Rifle - Roll for instant damage at the start of an encounter
Offhand: Charr Claws - +2 damage on successful combat rolls
Armour: Engineer Garb - N/A
Accessory: Toolbelt - Allows you to take existing items and develop them into something more creative. Go crazy, but the quality is judged by a roll.
Potions: 2x Dew of the Devout - Full Recovery
20x Plasters (yes, the tiny ones, with fun strips, just for you :3) - +2 health
Food: 40x Food
Runes Gadgets: 5x Grenades - 7hp instant fire damage
3x Snares - Roll 4 or higher to ensnare, then roll 2 die to deal instant damage
Miscellaneous: Goggles
Wrench

Dwayna Dragonfire - 4 and Shiny Eevee – 1 Shiny instantly takes a rock to the head and collapses unconcious, - 10 hp. Dwayna opens her wings and grabs Shiny and makes a forward dash. Successfully avoiding the rocks as they tumble into a pile behind her, no going back now. Laying the injured Shiny down, she stands back up to see another swarm of goblins, the apparent perpetrators behind the trap, running towards you, expecting an easy picking. They hesitate when they see you, but they charge all the same, to try and finish the job. Dway has to start the fight alone, unless Shiny can recover enough to help out. Commencing battle with Goblin Team - 15

Tangrow - 5 and Chadwyck – 2 Tangrow lifts up his foot and can tell that the small spray of gas, which you can only assume is something like perfume, was triggered by the spiral tile. Chadwyck however had his big feet on three tiles at once, only one of which activated, so the spike could be a star, an arrow, or a hand. While only one of these causes a spike, there’s no telling what the other two will do. You should probably choose a tile to stand on as you hop across the room, or pick different tiles if you wish.

huh! Well, this is incredibly different! I could take a chance and jump on the spirals, but I fear the perfume may have an adverse effect on my health! So we have a third of a chance to get this right, assuming the other tiles are something.

Hm! I think we should jump along the star tiles! Stars are so magical ♥ And then spirals as a secondary in case we run out of stars. That's what I'll do, anyway ♥

(chad your feet are so fat >=O)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Screw you, luck.

I attempt to get back on my feet, rather dizzy from the rock falling on my head- I think I might have a concussion. Nevertheless, I shall help defend my partner and act as a meatsack to protect her, since she's the more likely one of use to escape from here alive.

As I reach the corridor, I nearly gag at the smell and horrific sight before me. I cover my mouth and nose with my hand in revulsion. I notice the holes from which the spears must have been fired and begin to examine the corridor. Taking care to keep any part of my body from lining up with the holes, I slowly run my sword from ceiling to floor, trying to find some sort of trigger.

Upon entry, I find a room that apppears to be empty but must once have held either a madman or an artist- Or both. All the walls are covered in incredibly detailed, yet savage paintings depicting practically all known kinds of warfare and combat.

Three paintings in particular catch my eye, and on closer inspection they depict a battle of three men versus one werewolf. On the first painting, also the largest, the lycan's fate seems settled; He is surrounded by three armed, buff men.

The next, however, shows the fierce battle of the opposing enemies, that results in the death of the three humans. The last painting intrigues me; A wonderful depiction of a werewolf much like me, exercizing an urge that I know all too well- That of howling to the moon.

Even without ever having know the lycan- Or even knowing if this battle was fictional or not- I feel a strange kinship to him, an emotion that seems to reach all the way to the mind of the wolf that houses in me even in my human form.

Other then the paintings, there isn't much else to find apart from the remains of scarce meals on the floor. I walk slowly along each wall, pressing circles, squares and other forms I recognize in the paintings, hoping to find a hidden button.

Dwayna Dragonfire vs Goblin Team
1 - 4
6 - 3
5 - 2
6 - 4

One goblin leaps at you and rakes at your face with a small dagger, you kick him off and stab him with your sword, but he still managed to give you a few scars. These goblins are even more poorly armed than the last bunch, they probably didn't expect anyone to survive their rock trap. You grip your sword and smirk as two more of them drop quickly, the remainder are nervous, but they don't plan on running. It shouldn't be much longer.
Dwayna Dragonfire - 32 vs Goblin Team - 1
I sure hope nobody notices these edits <<

Shiny Eevee - 4 You're dazed, and your head is throbbing heavily. But you manage to regain your stance, and join Dwayna in the fight.

Tangrow sits back and waits for Chadwyck

Dinova2 - 3 You stick your sword out and carefully wave it in the path of the holes, nothing happens. You take a step forward, moving your body through one column of holes, nothing happens. You take another step with your sword out, and then a spear suddenly leaps from a hole like a venomous snake, and it bites like one. You feel a jerk in your hand as the spear smashes directly into your sword, knocking it out of your hand, and then shattering it on the far wall. You are completely unarmed If it does help however, you now see a thin wire sticking out of the hole in the wall, quickly yanked back by some hidden mechanism. At least you now know that the trap is controlled by tripwires sticking from the holes themselves. This won't be an easy puzzle, but this trap hasn't had any maintenance, so probably only a few parts of the trap remain active to deliver pain. Maybe you can still get through.

Dark Soul - 1 carefully lay a hand on a painting and push, finding wall. You walk forward carefully, pushing through each painting to check for anything hidden. You eventually get to one of the werewolf paintings, and gently push down... Suddenly, you are knocked to the ground by a black shadow. You land on the ground, knocking over several pots of black paint. The shadow jumps onto you, looking into your eyes with its own bloodshot ones sunken into its head. A sharp row of teeth poking out from its snout, and midnight-black fur streaked across its face. The creature howls and begins to claw at you with its taloned hands. -5 hitpoints Get him off

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Okay, best thing to do now is assist my companion!
... ally.
That's a better word for me to use.
I shall be her meatsack and take all the blows for her. I'd rather her to go and get the riches of the grail then me, because I'm merely going for my own greedy purposes~

EDIT: Noticed them, but it's not like they affect me much. XD

I enter the dungeon with caution, and after noticing a hole, I climb down it, still being cautious. I don't want to end up like my brother.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Fell these last few foes with my sword and somewhat coherent ally.
If successful, find a way to patch up some of my wounds and recover, as well as help my ally to heal from any wounds he might have.

Curse this infernal heavy armor, I really should watch my step from now on. Also, my luck seems to have taken a turn for the worse since I've met up with this fellow, but I digress.

My companions strategy is decent, but it wouldn't be wise to go both at once. I wait to see what happens as he steps on the first star tile. If it's safe, I'll follow his plan. If it is unsafe, I'll jump instead for an arrow tile.

I knew this was gonna happen

With as much speed and strenght as I can manage after that surprise shock, I throw him off into corner of the room, and quickly grab my elven bow for some offhand damage- Seeing as the other creature does not seem willing to reason.

After my first shot, I realize I won't have time for another and instead unsheath my scimitar, ready to fight with it.

I swear as my sword is ripped from my hand and smashed by the trap, but this allows me to notice the tripwire to the trap. I can not think of a way to safely traverse the trsp without first disabling it. Seeing the spears embedded in the wall, I get an idea. Attemptitng to ignore the impaled bodies, I grab one of the spears and try to dislodge it. Perhaps I can use the spear to set off the trap prematurely or if the blade is still sharp enough I can cut the trip-wire.

Chadwyck - 1 and Tangrow - 1 Tangrow skips along the star tiles quite merrily. And then calls Chadwyck over, saying that it's safe. He follows on the star tiles as well, being especially careful with his big feet. Tangrow however, only stood on defunct tiles, and the next one he treads upon is not so inactive. The tile glows, golden at first, but then fades to an ominous black glow, as does all the stars in the room. The floor then splits apart, revealing a black abyss below. Both of you plummet down, feeling the complete lack of ground for a good few seconds before it races up to embrace them. Lose 15 hp each When both of you reclaim your senses, you are unable to find each other. It seems that you have ended up in separate places. You are now split up

Dwayna Dragonfire and Shiny Eevee vs Goblin Team
1 and 1 - 4
2 and 6 - 3
The goblins throw themselves at you, in a desperate last effort to overpower you, while they do their best, they are no match for both of you combined.
Dwayna Dragonfire - 32 and Shiny Eevee - 23 vs Goblin Team - Defeated
Now, if you're worried about your injuries, there are always the potions you have in your inventories, and you don't have to worry about a roll setting them on fire.

Luckii - 2 Hey! Hey Luckii! Hey Hey Luckii! Guess what? Hole. You step towards the hole, but your feet catch on some loose ground, a weak covering that sooner or later would have crumbled into another hole anyway, you fall down and land in a distinctly different chamber, Lose 5 hp Now where have you landed?

Dark Soul - 1 You try as you might, putting your lithe and scrawny elven strength into your thin limbs to try and pick up the heavy savage beast and throw it all the way across the room. Of course that didn't work. The beast pays no attention to your efforts, and continues to claw at your abdomen, slowly working its way up. Blood and small bits of your flesh begin to paint the room, adding, and fitting in quite nicely, with the existing wall decor. Lose 10 hp Eventually however, it decides to move for the kill. Leaning down with its jaws wide open, ready to clamp down at your neck.

Dinova2 - 4 You approach one of the impaled corpses and try to tug out a spear. It takes some effort, but eventually the dead flesh releases the spear buried inside of it. You inspect the wicked tip and wipe away some of the blood, it looks slightly damaged, with one of its hooks bent at a useless angle, but it still looks like it would hook effectively. In ways, it's superior to your own sword. Obtained a Barbed Spear. You turn back to face the trap, it's time to try again against the spear wall.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Rummage through their belongings. I need more itemz! D:
I'll wait until I have like, 1 hp left before I use my precious potion.
... my precious.

oh for fuck's sake

The savage creature is now doing way too much damage, and I have to think of something quick. At this point, I'm not sure if I could even beat this thing in elven forme. Maybe I should...

I attempt to roll away from the creature's gnarly jaws, whilst taking one of my Werewolf Forme runes out of its pouch and activating it.

Henry_Foss_Werewolf_01.png

(OOC; Sometimes I like to think that you don't actually roll a dice, but just come up with fitting situations to supply us with varying degrees of stress- Essentially making this into one big social experiment...)

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Came. Saw. Destroyed.
Now that we have a moment to breathe, search the bodies with my comrade and also keep hold of my potion(s) for now.

One of the spear's hooked edges is bent and useless but the other is still sharp. I position that one beneath the tripwire and swing up sharply, hopefully cutting the wire and disabling the trap.

Shiny Eevee - 6 and Dwayna Dragonfire - 3 Dwayna turns up nothing useful when she searches the goblins. Finding nothing but a few mouldy crackers, you could eat them, but I don't think they'll be worth it. Shiny however, finds a curious vial in one of their pouches. It's about the size and shape of a baseball, and filled with what appears to be water. She take an experimental sip, the water tastes acidic and metallic, and almost makes her gag. She end up losing a bit as it splashes on her wounded arm. She winces as her arm begins to burn with pain, like when bringing it too close to a roaring fire. Dwayna gasps and Shiny stares in shock when the wound scabs over, stopping the bleeding and putting a cease to the pain. Add 15 hp to Shiny Shiny marvels stare at the curious vial, which is still 3/4 full. One of you wonders if this could be a diluted sample of water from the very grail you come to seek, while the other decides that it is an attempt by an alchemist to try and recreate it's healing power with lesser results. Either way, this isn't the water you're down here to seek, but it is some wonderful stuff. Add 3x Healing Concoction - +15 hp per dose.

Dark Soul - 3 You try to roll away from its teeth, which is fairly difficult to do with his weight on top of you. You get lucky though, managing to tear your legs free and pull yourself out from under him, but not before his jaws manage to get a bite out of your flesh, Lose 5 hp You then decide to resort to your inner talents, closing your eyes, and letting the change happen. Transforming into your werewolf form. The creature looks at you, stunned at your transformation into a form very similar to it, the same actually. The other werewolf sniffs at you curiously, but then quickly begins to snarl again, crouching into a stance to pounce. You feel pity for the person this creature once was, but you resolve yourself to do what you have to do. There's no hope for this insane old soul. Commencing battle with Insane Werewolf - 20

Tangrow - 2 You stand up dust yourself off, then hear stomping behind you. You turn around merrily expecting to meet Chadwyck and his big feet. I doubt that you'll stay merry for long when you see the mighty Orc in front of you. This humanoid like a cross between a goblin and a human, hinting at its origins. It's a foot taller than you are and its skin is pale green, almost white even. It sports a warty face with flabby ears and tusks sticking out of its lower lip. It wears nothing but a long loincloth that almost glorifies its bulging belly, which wobbles constantly as if it was about to burst with each step the creature takes. Its meaty arms hold a thick club on its shoulders, which it raises and points at you, bellowing a fierce roar, and decides that you're not welcome in its cave. Commencing battle with Cave Orc - 25

Dinova2 - 4 You leave no hole unchecked. You sweep your weapon up, cutting though any wires you find, sending a spear to sail off into the far wall. By the time you reach the far end of the trap, it is completely defunct and useless. This spear trap has claimed its last victim, and you are not it.

This is not the first time I have magically induced my lycan forme, and provided this battle between two of them ends in my favour, it will not be the last time either.

As much as I feel a kinship to this unfortunate fellow, who suffers from the same fate as me- And has, like so many others, been driven insane under his burden. He is a living reminder of what I could become if I let my inner wolf out of control.

But there is no time to dwell upon this matter. My veins pulse and my brain is naught but bloodlust and wild emotions. I jump forward and swipe at his snout, aiming for his eyes. If I can blind him, my odds will improve greatly.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Awesome, something other than a 1 and 2.
Anyways, I offer some of the potion to my friend, who's not in bad shape but still seems to have several injuries on her.

Shall we continue onward then?

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
I accept the offer of the potion, hopefully it works on draconic skin.
Otherwise I agree that we should continue onwards, as there's not really any going back.

As I continue on through the now harmless trap, I take a moment to rest. I use some bandages on my injuries and eat some of my food.

This trap turned out to be more devious than I imagined, and now I have been separated from my companion, which is truly a terrible fate, how can I protect him if he's not around?

I rub my sore muscles, grateful to still be able to walk after that fall, and began my trek through the cave once more.

I hope Mafia was a good enough distraction for you guys. How coincidental that it goes together with my exams. Anyway, hope you enjoyed the interlude.

Dark Soul vs Insane Werewolf
3 - 3
3 - 4
4 - 4
4 – 2
1 – 5
5 – 1 - Flourish

You lunge for him, aiming your vicious claws at his snout. He bats your paws away, trying to keep you away from your target. You keep trying to go for the eyes, managing to get a swipe at your nose. It is after this that he begins to play offensively, lunging at you with his jaws again, he clamps at your shoulder, further drawing your blood. You bite back the pain, and scratch at him one more time. Your claws finally meet their mark, raking across his furry face. One of his eyes pops out under your claws, leaving the other one marginally intact. Now is your chance to ruin his day.
Dark Soul - 33 vs Insane Werewolf - 8

Shiny Eevee - 4 and Dwayna Dragonfire - 6 First, Dwayna uses a portion of Shiny's new find to heal her own wounds. +15 hp. Proceeding onwards, you eventually stumble upon a pile of corpses in an alcove in the wall. Most of them are skeletons already, their flesh pealed away by time or some other force. You scavenge the pile, and find various things within that prove useful, more to you than their original owners. Shiny finds a shield (-1 from damage taken) and a duelling dagger, (+1 to damage dealt), although she can only use one of them. Dwayna instead finds a pouch of fire runes, counting them up, and then adding them to her own collection. Dwayna gets 4x Fireball, 4x Firespark, and 1x Fire Breath,

Dinova2 - 4 You patch yourself up, eating up some of your food supplies, and using one of your bandages to cover one of the wounds you got from that previous encounter, just to play on the safe side. Continuing through the tunnel, the population of corpses severely drop, which you take as a good sign that you’re going further than most ever do. You round a corner and find a fairly sickening site. It is another corpse, or what’s left of one, that has been torn up and tossed all over the corridor. The walls are splattered with dried up blood, and rotting flesh is scattered across the floor. You stride through this mess and see what you assume to be where the carnage took place, where the blood is thickest. You look around and see some kind of whistle, like a dog whistle, hung around a neck that ends in the lower-half of a jaw, you know where the rest of it went though. You stare at the whistle, it’s carved in the shape of some sort of demon, carved into the whistle itself, with an open mouth where the end of it should be. You decide that there’s no harm in taking this whistle with you, for now at least. You keep digging and see a diary, surprisingly unscathed from the carnage around you, sitting just a few paces away. Most of the pages have been stained: by blood, beverages, and something you don’t even want to know. However, the last page is clean, and seems to be the only entry that describes the dungeon.

Chadwyck - 2 You step through the tunnels, trying to adjust your eyes to the darkness. You fail to notice a small snake slithering through the cave. And then you step on it, noticing it underfoot as you crunch down on its scaled body. It hisses violently, baring its venom-coated fangs as it bends back towards your leg. You have to act quickly, unless you want it to bite you. Commencing Combat with Venomous Snake – 1 You’re certain that if it bites you, its poison will do some serious damage. This snake deals 3x normal damage

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I'll take the shield, I'm better with a sword than a dagger.

Keep going, my friend, or stay here and have a little snack before we go on?

With more luck then skill, even though he manages to raise his own paws to bat mine away at the first swipe, I land a hit at the second try- But not before he swipes at my shoulder, raking trough the skin.

My initial goal seems to have been fulfilled at least partially; One of his eyes falls out of its socket, impairing him further. I have an inkling that, if this happened to me, I would try to swipe at my freshly blinded side because my attacker would see my vulnerability and attempt to attack my blind side. Following that logic, I may be better of assaulting the other side.

At this point his actions might just be completely random, but it's worth a shot if it means I can hit him harder.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
A lucky find indeed. I'm happy to have more spells in my repertoire.
"We should be fine for food for a little while yet, human. We press onwards."

Status
Not open for further replies.