• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Seolaris Academy: PKMN Contest RP (Discussion)

Name: Ayumu Lockeheart
Age (17-19): 17
Appearance: 5'8" (He knows he is short and he hates being reminded of it), Blonde Hair
Light Blue Eyes
Light Skinned
Kind of skinny
Personality: Very Friendly and always excited to perform, kind of gullible and a bit oblivious sometimes. Loves naps sweets and more naps.

Clothing (optional): His stage clothes include a white fedora, blue dress shirt, white jacket and blue tie, white dress pants and has white dress pants. And light blue dress shoes.
Extras (optional): His partner is a Murkrow named Agnes. She is the complete opposite of Aaron but loves him dearly. She's a huge prankster and picks on him sometimes but can get very protective of him. Kindof like "The only person who can make fun of him is me!" She was on the verge of pecking one of his sisters eyes out when she broke one of his toys.

He is a bisexual nightmare

Am I in?

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Name: Ayumu Lockeheart
Appearance: 5'8" (He knows he is short and he hates being reminded of it), Blonde Hair
Light Blue Eyes
Light Skinned
Kind of skinny
Personality: Very Friendly and always excited to perform, kind of gullible and a bit oblivious sometimes. Loves naps sweets and more naps.

Clothing (optional): His stage clothes include a white fedora, blue dress shirt, white jacket and blue tie, white dress pants and has white dress pants. And light blue dress shoes.
Extras (optional): His partner is a Murkrow named Agnes. She is the complete opposite of Aaron but loves him dearly. She's a huge prankster and picks on him sometimes but can get very protective of him. Kindof like "The only person who can make fun of him is me!" She was on the verge of pecking one of his sisters eyes out when she broke one of his toys.

He is a bisexual nightmare

Am I in?
I want to say unfortunately we are closed, but I’ll make an exception here because I kind of feel bad

So for now, Accepted and welcome to Seolaris!

Just a fair warning for next time to just make sure to read whether the thread was still open or put in private/closed!

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Ok y’all so this is how things would be going to go for now, we’re going to finish up the introductions for Grooming Class with the new found partner Pokémon’s
Reminds me that I haven’t made a set schedule yet
1st: Grooming Class
2nd: Appeal Class
3rd: Battle Class
Okay in all honesty, we don’t have that many classes. Y’all can have classes of your choice in between or after or whatever, but these three classes are the MAIN classes the characters will have together in that order, no matter what.

Again this role play won’t focus too much into filler and social interactions. We can have the interactions if you want, but our main focus here would be the contest aspect of this role play.

this leads me to talking about this first arc. I honestly don’t have the greatest idea on what our fist arc should be. If you can provide some ideas that would be great! I don’t want to jump immediately into something like a school wide festival or competition just yet, but if y’all can provide some insight here, that would be much appreciated!

@Crimson Sun, I am sorry I have to do this, but I need to drop out of this RP. I do not have the time to actually devote to this as I should. I have just been given more hours at work, and will not be able to post as much. Again I am sorry to drop out like this, as I really liked the idea of the RP, but just do not have the time for it. If I can, I might rejoin later on, but I can not grantee anything.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
@Crimson Sun, I am sorry I have to do this, but I need to drop out of this RP. I do not have the time to actually devote to this as I should. I have just been given more hours at work, and will not be able to post as much. Again I am sorry to drop out like this, as I really liked the idea of the RP, but just do not have the time for it. If I can, I might rejoin later on, but I can not grantee anything.
Literally there is no worries! Everyone should consider this role play a last priority and put everything else before it, especially if you got something going on in your life! Hope things go better for you at work, especially during this time! Stay healthy and safe!

Oh I work in the food service industry, so I know that my safety is a priority. The reason I have to drop out is do to getting more hours at work. I was on a limited schedule do to corona and corporate wanting to pay us less, so I was only given two days a week before, but now I am getting around five days a week again. Thank you for your concern, but I have been taking the steps to stay safe, not only for myself, but for my immune comprised grandmother and dad.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
So do our characters have Pokedexes? Were they given when we got the Pokemon? Do we not need them or will we get them later?

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
So do our characters have Pokedexes? Were they given when we got the Pokemon? Do we not need them or will we get them later?
I don’t think students at an academy would get Pokedexes. I think Pokedexes are mainly for journeying trainers to travel around and record Pokémon and what not. But I don’t think they’ll be receiving any Pokédex. However, if you want an alternative to Pokedexes, we got the school library if you want to do that haha

Cáscara Olas

Previously IExistToo
Ace
Male
Short brown hair with blue eyes. Slim build, medium hight. Olive skin.
He wears his uniform sloppily and without the blazer.
Pokémon:
Togepi named Iggy (generated Togetic but I thought changing it into the pre-evolution wouldn't be so bad)
Shuppet named Hush

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Since we have lost some people, partially due to my inactiveness from finals. I'm going to keep this roleplay opened from now on for those people who wants to join and leave at their own free will. And for those who would want to come back occasionally. Sorry, was busy with finals, but it's now summer vacation.
Ace
Male
Short brown hair with blue eyes. Slim build, medium hight. Olive skin.
He wears his uniform sloppily and without the blazer.
Pokémon:
Togepi named Iggy (generated Togetic but I thought changing it into the pre-evolution wouldn't be so bad)
Shuppet named Hush
Accepted! Welcome to Seolaris! As we have moved on from giving out the random Pokemon portion of the rp already, I'll just give you your Pokemon here. In this case, the randomizer gave you a Rowlet.

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
Name: Nic Rea
Age (17-19): 17 years old
Appearance: Tan skin, shoulder-length auburn hair (often kept in a small, high bun), brown eyes. Just a sliver under average height. (Is that enough? I can add more and be more specific if required)
Clothing (optional): Doesn't wear anything over the school uniform. When not wearing the school uniform (which is to say, whenever she's not in school), she wears a black hoodie over a white tanktop, and wears pastel blue shorts and Doc Martens-like boots with black socks that go up to just under her knees.
Personality: Somewhat quiet, generally more friendly towards Pokémon than humans, which is not to say that she is mean to other people. Enjoys making friends but is extremely afraid of being judged by strangers. Often stands up for what she considers right and her friends.
Extras: Her partner is a (female) Alolan Raichu, who for now will be sitting on the sidelines and watching, pretty much.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Name: Nic Rea
Age (17-19): 17 years old
Appearance: Tan skin, shoulder-length auburn hair (often kept in a small, high bun), brown eyes. Just a sliver under average height. (Is that enough? I can add more and be more specific if required)
Clothing (optional): Doesn't wear anything over the school uniform. When not wearing the school uniform (which is to say, whenever she's not in school), she wears a black hoodie over a white tanktop, and wears pastel blue shorts and Doc Martens-like boots with black socks that go up to just under her knees.
Personality: Somewhat quiet, generally more friendly towards Pokémon than humans, which is not to say that she is mean to other people. Enjoys making friends but is extremely afraid of being judged by strangers. Often stands up for what she considers right and her friends.
Extras: Her partner is a (female) Alolan Raichu, who for now will be sitting on the sidelines and watching, pretty much.
Accepted! Welcome to Seolaris!
Due to the Roleplay being past the part of handing out your randomized Pokémon, I’ll just give you tour Pokémon here! The randomizer has given you a Shinx!

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Thank you!!

Edit: Is there a premade moveset, or do I decide the moves the Shinx can use?
You can decide the moveset however you would like as long as it’s reasonable to its learnset and it’s experience. So a Shinx at early stages would be able to know moves like Spark, Tackle and what not. TMs are up for grabs and limited to only one egg move per Pokémon.

Name: Chiczera Arevilo

Appearance: Her skin is pale, has auburn eyes, and is at least 4'3. She has a dewdrop birthmark on her left ankle.
Clothing (optional): (Any extras over your school uniform) She has a pearl bracelet on her right wrist.
Personality (optional, as this will be shown in the rp eventually): She's friendly, but overly protective of Mikan. The two have been through a lot, so she's honestly a bit shaken up by Bug Types, Vespiquen in certain.
Extras (optional): Her partner is Mikan, a proud Palpitoad. She would honestly battle rather then perform.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Name: Chiczera Arevilo
Appearance: Her skin is pale, has auburn eyes, and is at least 4'3. She has a dewdrop birthmark on her left ankle.
Clothing (optional): (Any extras over your school uniform) She has a pearl bracelet on her right wrist.
Personality (optional, as this will be shown in the rp eventually): She's friendly, but overly protective of Mikan. The two have been through a lot, so she's honestly a bit shaken up by Bug Types, Vespiquen in certain.
Extras (optional): Her partner is Mikan, a proud Palpitoad. She would honestly battle rather then perform.
As the RP has moved passed the “giving away the starters” portion of the RP, I will give you your Pokémon within here.
The randomizer has given you a: Honedge

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Well I mean I don't think a couple of people had gone yet. Such as @AlolanOreo and @Alternate_Mystery unless I read their posts wrong.
I mean, yeah. It's their choice if they want to post or not. Hopefully they'll post in a few days, if not the small jump would initiate regardless. If anything, if the timeskip does happen and the user hasn't posted yet, they can make their introductory post and then have the timeskipped post within the same text.

Cáscara Olas

Previously IExistToo
I would reply to Beth but there is not much I can say, people need to post their performances I think or we'll never get past this bit.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Is there anyone else missing a performance? Because I want to wait for them, but I don't want to prolong this even more and want to move on to a different portion

Name: Angel Tovar
Appearance:
White skin, eyes are red, hair is black, look's like somewhat called a "bully"
Clothing:When not in school, he wear's a blue hoodie hidding a white shirt and wear's a blue pants.
Personality:
mostly quiet and calm, is mostly alone with his pokemon, likes staying with his pokemon than people, rarley goes with people in any place.
Extras: has a pansear and volcorona

Last edited:

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Appearance:
Tan skin, shoulder-length auburn hair (often kept in a small, high bun), brown eyes. Just a sliver under average height. (Is that enough? I can add more and be more specific if required)
Clothing:When not in school, he wear's a blue hoodie hidding a white shirt and wear's a blue pants.
Personality:
mostly quiet and calm, is mostly alone with his pokemon, likes staying with his pokemon than people, rarley goes with people in any place.
Extras: His pokemon are (Male) Charizard (Female) Jolteon (Male) Umbreon (Male) Pikachu (Female) Blastoise and a (Male Shiny) Volcarona (this is my bio if i can join)
For this specific roleplay, you are only limited to bringing one Pokemon along from home. And even then, those Pokemon you brought along from home can't perform along with you. You can have multiple Pokemon prior to the time of the RP, but again only one of them can be brought along to the academy.
If you can clarify what singular Pokemon you brought from home is, I can accept you and give you your randomized Pokemon.
And change his age to 17-19. This school is older college age students

For everyone though, the rule that Pokemon from home can't perform may or may not be alleviated just for easier reference. Uncertain for now, but the same rule will still be applied now and may change in the upcoming future.
But for now, I need clarification on what singular Pokemon you would bring from home.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Appearance:
White skin, eyes are red, hair is black, look's like somewhat called a "bully"
Personality:
Extras: has a (Male Shiny) Volcarona from rescuing it when it was a larvesta
Change the age to at least 17-19 years old, because the academy is for college age level. But other than that.
As the portion of giving randomized Pokemon has passed, I'll give you randomized Pokemon here!
The randomizer has given you a: Pansear!

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
@Jolteon BOI
I’m not sure if I made it clear lol
You get to bring along one people from home if your choice, which was Volcarona based on your choice
The randomizer is what the academy gave you, which was a Pansear.
So your character currently has two Pokémon, a Volcarona and a Pansear.
Hope that clears thing up.

And you are free to post on the RP thread as you are accepted after all.

Ask any questions if you are confused or need any clarification!

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
I'm going to move on today. By 10PM PST, I'm going to timeskip this portion, even if your character hasn't performed yet.
We've been skedaddling on this portion for much longer than necessary. So get your last appeal posts and interactions in and I'll be moving on to the third required class of the day, which I would keep short because I'm over this and want to get to the main story already lol.