• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Seolaris Academy: PKMN Contest RP (Discussion)

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Quick question for everyone, the three main classes are finally finished. Would you guys rather have some time to interact, or have a small timeskip to where the first plot would initiate?

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Depends what the majority want. I think some down time for interaction can help flesh characters & build bonds, but it may drag as well I would personally take the down time and suggest we skip to the next plot point if it goes too slow.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
So what kind of activities in a general sense can be found at this fair? Just for a refresher/clarification for options.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
So what kind of activities in a general sense can be found at this fair? Just for a refresher/clarification for options.
It’s pretty open if anything.
If anything, and you need ideas, they can go find food, shop, sign up for clubs and organizations, maybe participate in a mini contest appeal tournament the fair is hosting, perhaps watch a celebrity perform. Honestly the ideas are endless, as long as they are still within the vicinity of the school lol.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Uh Crimson I had my character suggest watching a pro work first before doing the little fair contest ^^' not jump into that

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Uh Crimson I had my character suggest watching a pro work first before doing the little fair contest ^^' not jump into that
Oh I thought I made that point across my post, unless there’s little confusion.
I did have my character point out that they’re going to watch performances from famous guests and what not. If not, I’ll edit that in.

And I should get a reply post up soon. Just been busy for a bit.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
@Sarah316 Did you have any preference for what guest performer would showcase their Pokemon? Would it be someone from the anime/manga? Or should I just completely make one up?

jade421

Previously Sarah316
I'd prefer it being anime/manga than OC but if you had your heart really set on an OC that is fine just that's where I stand.

Helios.

Previously RisingGarchomps
Hopefully you still have interest in this to and hopefully there are still slots available and it’s not too late:

Name: Joker Connors
Age (17-19): 19
Appearance: Spiky brown hair that’s become shaggy over time, unbuttoned uniform and not very straight tie at the top, a large hard bony face with pale skin and a red face. Muscular arms and a tattoo on his left elbow. Fairly tall. Scars on his face.
Clothing: Sometimes he’ll break the uniform conduct and try to wear a black jacket or hoodie to annoy the teachers.
Personality: Tough, edgy, a bully, always making fun of people or being negative towards them, heartless, selfish, cares only for himself, believes Pokemon battling is the only skill needed, rebellious towards authority he doesn’t agree with.
Extras: His original ‘partner’ Pokemon is a Chatot given to him by his foster parents. (He lost his parents, two very skilled battlers apparently in a terrible accident. It may be revealed one day that they weren’t champion battlers but in fact fraudsters deceiving people). He literally named his Chatot ‘idiot’ because he hates it. He was forced to own it and take care of it.

Since I’m applying late after the main classes, how will this work?

Are we assuming my character was always there just in the background? Because he’d make quite a lot of noise given his personality!

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Hopefully you still have interest in this to and hopefully there are still slots available and it’s not too late:

Name: Joker Connors
Age (17-19): 19
Appearance: Spiky brown hair that’s become shaggy over time, unbuttoned uniform and not very straight tie at the top, a large hard bony face with pale skin and a red face. Muscular arms and a tattoo on his left elbow. Fairly tall. Scars on his face.
Clothing: Sometimes he’ll break the uniform conduct and try to wear a black jacket or hoodie to annoy the teachers.
Personality: Tough, edgy, a bully, always making fun of people or being negative towards them, heartless, selfish, cares only for himself, believes Pokemon battling is the only skill needed, rebellious towards authority he doesn’t agree with.
Extras: His original ‘partner’ Pokemon is a Chatot given to him by his foster parents. (He lost his parents, two very skilled battlers apparently in a terrible accident. It may be revealed one day that they weren’t champion battlers but in fact fraudsters deceiving people). He literally named his Chatot ‘idiot’ because he hates it. He was forced to own it and take care of it.

Since I’m applying late after the main classes, how will this work?

Are we assuming my character was always there just in the background? Because he’d make quite a lot of noise given his personality!
Accepted! Welcome to Seolaris!

As we have moved past the portion where the students were given their randomized Pokemon, I will be doing it here. Your randomized Pokemon is a Lillipup!

As for you late acceptance, we can really just have you character be on an 'excused' late tardy, where the front office has given you character you randomized Pokemon. From there, you can just join the fair, and interact with all the other characters then!

Helios.

Accepted! Welcome to Seolaris!

As we have moved past the portion where the students were given their randomized Pokemon, I will be doing it here. Your randomized Pokemon is a Lillipup!

As for you late acceptance, we can really just have you character be on an 'excused' late tardy, where the front office has given you character you randomized Pokemon. From there, you can just join the fair, and interact with all the other characters then!
Wow, Lillipup! I was expecting something edgier. Now my character's just gonna seem angrier!

Am I allowed to have TM or TR moves on this Pokémon? There aren't too many moves it can learn normally.

And when you say the moves 'respectable for its level' in the first post, what level do you mean?

Thanks!

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Wow, Lillipup! I was expecting something edgier. Now my character's just gonna seem angrier!

Am I allowed to have TM or TR moves on this Pokémon? There aren't too many moves it can learn normally.

And when you say the moves 'respectable for its level' in the first post, what level do you mean?

Thanks!
I mean, for instance, pretend you got a Starly, it would be understandable if it had already known Wing Attack instead of having to 'teach' it Wing Attack, if you feel where I am getting it. Or for a Torchic, it would be understandable for it to have known the move Peck, unlike having to wait all the way until level 14, even though this roleplay has no correlation to levels whatsoever.
Where I'm getting at is to have your Pokemon learn moves that it should know, without making it too overpowered. A starting out Starly won't know Brave Bird off the start, or a newly starting Lillipup shouldn't know Wild Charge right off the bat.

As for your randomized Pokemon, unfortunately, that's what the Random Pokemon Generator has given your Pokemon, I didn't have a hand in this. But you can make your Lillipup seem edgy, even though it may not look like it.

Helios.

I mean, for instance, pretend you got a Starly, it would be understandable if it had already known Wing Attack instead of having to 'teach' it Wing Attack, if you feel where I am getting it. Or for a Torchic, it would be understandable for it to have known the move Peck, unlike having to wait all the way until level 14, even though this roleplay has no correlation to levels whatsoever.
Where I'm getting at is to have your Pokemon learn moves that it should know, without making it too overpowered. A starting out Starly won't know Brave Bird off the start, or a newly starting Lillipup shouldn't know Wild Charge right off the bat.

As for your randomized Pokemon, unfortunately, that's what the Random Pokemon Generator has given your Pokemon, I didn't have a hand in this. But you can make your Lillipup seem edgy, even though it may not look like it.
Fair enough.

The comment I made about Lillipup was more of a joke haha.

I WILL give him spikey hair and an angry personality though!

I will also assume that Joker has gone through all the trials and tribulations before getting to where he was. I think it would be odd for him to just storm in half way through a lesson without good reason.

Also, would it be possible to change Joker's partner Pokémon that was given to him before going into the school from a Chatot to a Noibat?

Last edited:
Is this role play dead? You probably thought I just forgot that I had a spot reserved here, but, no. My motivation was just absent for a really long time. So, I would like to put a bio here now, but I don’t want to waste my time if the roleplay is dead.

Helios.

Is this role play dead? You probably thought I just forgot that I had a spot reserved here, but, no. My motivation was just absent for a really long time. So, I would like to put a bio here now, but I don’t want to waste my time if the roleplay is dead.
I have been waiting for a response to my queries for a short while now. I wouldn't rule out it being dead completely. I gather that the creator of the RP is someone who doesn't just have the time for these things and posts once in a blue moon. I've checked his hours and its very on and off at weird times.

I wanted to join in this RP, but there are barriers blocking me from entering. I want to join because it looked like it would be fun. The last post wasn't that long ago. I gather the writer of the OP posts only once or twice a week.

One other thing I do gather is that he/she often forgets about RPs. There are posts that are evident about this.

@Crimson Sun , is this RP still going ahead? What about the response to my last query?

I have been waiting for a response to my queries for a short while now. I wouldn't rule out it being dead completely. I gather that the creator of the RP is someone who doesn't just have the time for these things and posts once in a blue moon. I've checked his hours and its very on and off at weird times.

I wanted to join in this RP, but there are barriers blocking me from entering. I want to join because it looked like it would be fun. The last post wasn't that long ago. I gather the writer of the OP posts only once or twice a week.

One other thing I do gather is that he/she often forgets about RPs. There are posts that are evident about this.

@Crimson Sun , is this RP still going ahead? What about the response to my last query?
I can deal with very few posts. (I have a friend who goes inactive a lot as well, and they don’t post much either.) People have lives, and I can’t expect them to be able to be here all the time. I can’t do that either. Alright, I’ll put a bio here anyway. I hope it’s not too late for me to get accepted.

Helios.

I just got accepted but I can’t hop straight in despite the potential because I still haven’t received information about the partner Pokemon I want my character to have changed to.

I was told that we can have our student literally walk into the class they’re in now like they’re late.

Name: Neon Barry
Appearance: Neon is a very fit teenager. He stands at 6’02”. He has an athletic build, but he isn’t a muscular/bodybuilder type of guy, he’s more like a professional sprinter. He also has visible muscle, especially in his arms and legs. Be aware, he is still on the slim side, and is definitely not bulky. His build also helps in him in many situations. He has tan skin and very dark brown hair with neon blue tips. His hair is such a dark shade of brown that people often mistake it for black, unless he’s in a room with bright light, then you can tell it’s brown. He also has blue eyes. It’s depends on your standards, but most people consider him to be all-around good looking. (It’s also better for you to imagine him as some sort of anime or realistic cartoon character, if that’s not what you do already. As I find that he is overall better and more fun to imagine and look at this way, and this is also true for other people’s oc’s. Alright, I’m rambling now.)
Clothing: Like everyone else, he wears the school uniform. Outside of school hours or on the weekends, however, he wears black basketball shorts with two blue lines running down each side and a neon blue short sleeved shirt. In chilly weather, he wears a black zip up jacket as well. He also wears black sneakers with neon blue soles.
Personality: Neon is a very energetic fellow. He is very friendly and most people he has met consider him to be fun to be around. He easily makes friends and is an extrovert by heart. He can’t stay mad at someone for very long, even when he wants to. He has a burning passion to be the best and never gives up, even when he is repeatedly bombarded by failures and insults. However, while he likes his friends to win and supports them, if they’re going against him in a competition, he won’t go easy on them, and they shouldn’t expect him to. (I’ll probably add to this later.)
Fears:He has Athazagorophobia. (Say that five times fast.) This is the fear of being forgotten. He also has Isolophobia, the fear of being alone. He also has Autophobia, the fear of not being loved or liked. He has PTSD. The trigger for this is cliffs, as he lost his brother because of one. (Yes he fell off, but not because of clumsiness, but because of assault and traumatic accidents.) He gets symptoms when he is near a cliff, reminded of the incident, or someone when someone asks him about it. These symptoms include: Intense feelings of distress, bodily reactions like minor sweating (Mostly on his head) or a pounding heart, invasive and upsetting flashbacks of the incident, not knowing what to do, panicking, and feeling numb and not moving. Because of this, he avoids cliffs in general. He doesn’t tell people about these fears or his PTSD though. (I know, this is depressing, but it won’t really be shown in rp unless it has to, I just wanted to list his fears for some reason, hope that’s okay. And don’t think this means Neon is some nervous kid, he isn’t, everybody has fears, and he can’t help his PTSD, but they can choose whether or not it’s affects their social life and personality. Neon doesn’t let it affect these things.)
Extra: He brought his Midday Lycanroc, Alpha, with him. Alpha is his current partner and emotional support Pokémon. (Which he desperately needed due to his PTSD and many secret fears.) Alpha doesn’t participate in any school activities, although Neon has permission to bring Alpha to school and class, as he helps Neon stay calm, even though it doesn’t look like it since his core personality is so fun and extroverted. Although there are little signs that Alpha is obviously helping. 1. Whenever Neon feels nervous or intimidated, he pets Alpha or scratches his ear. 2. Every once in a while, Neon strokes Alpha’s back, just to calm his nerves every once in a while, even if they don’t need calming, this always get him in a better mood, even if it doesn’t seem possible. (Might add to this.)

I think that’s it. Wow, I wrote a lot more than I thought I would. Have fun reading that, xD. Also, I have no problem with constructive criticism, please tell me if I did anything wrong.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
No, I wouldn't say this role play isn't dead per se, but more so as not as active as the other role plays. There are obviously aren't many active role-players within the thread, hence why it does seem slow. Though, my lack of responsibility does play a part on it. As @Captain Pokémon did say, I do have a life outside of role playing that do have many inconveniences, but I do try my best to post when I have the time and energy to do so. My apologies if it seemed like I was not active enough to respond to posts.

Though, my style of role-playing usually does cater to having everyone post before I get a post in, so I may very well be just waiting on another person or a couple of people to post before I put up mines. But I do try my best to be active in my roleplays as much as I possibly can.

As for your question @RisingGarchomps , you are fully capable of changing your partner Pokemon, as it doesn't seem to overly complicate things, especially since you haven't put a post in yet after all.

As for the new bio:
Name: Neon Barry
Appearance: Neon is a very fit teenager. He stands at 6’02”. He has an athletic build, but he isn’t a muscular/bodybuilder type of guy, he’s more like a professional sprinter. He also has visible muscle, especially in his arms and legs. Be aware, he is still on the slim side, and is definitely not bulky. His build also helps in him in many situations. He has tan skin and very dark brown hair with neon blue tips. His hair is such a dark shade of brown that people often mistake it for black, unless he’s in a room with bright light, then you can tell it’s brown. He also has blue eyes. It’s depends on your standards, but most people consider him to be all-around good looking. (It’s also better for you to imagine him as some sort of anime or realistic cartoon character, if that’s not what you do already. As I find that he is overall better and more fun to imagine and look at this way, and this is also true for other people’s oc’s. Alright, I’m rambling now.)
Clothing: Like everyone else, he wears the school uniform. Outside of school hours or on the weekends, however, he wears black basketball shorts with two blue lines running down each side and a neon blue short sleeved shirt. In chilly weather, he wears a black zip up jacket as well. He also wears black sneakers with neon blue soles.
Personality: Neon is a very energetic fellow. He is very friendly and most people he has met consider him to be fun to be around. He easily makes friends and is an extrovert by heart. He can’t stay mad at someone for very long, even when he wants to. He has a burning passion to be the best and never gives up, even when he is repeatedly bombarded by failures and insults. However, while he likes his friends to win and supports them, if they’re going against him in a competition, he won’t go easy on them, and they shouldn’t expect him to. (I’ll probably add to this later.)
Fears:He has Athazagorophobia. (Say that five times fast.) This is the fear of being forgotten. He also has Isolophobia, the fear of being alone. He also has Autophobia, the fear of not being loved or liked. He has PTSD. The trigger for this is cliffs, as he lost his brother because of one. (Yes he fell off, but not because of clumsiness, but because of assault and traumatic accidents.) He gets symptoms when he is near a cliff, reminded of the incident, or someone when someone asks him about it. These symptoms include: Intense feelings of distress, bodily reactions like minor sweating (Mostly on his head) or a pounding heart, invasive and upsetting flashbacks of the incident, not knowing what to do, panicking, and feeling numb and not moving. Because of this, he avoids cliffs in general. He doesn’t tell people about these fears or his PTSD though. (I know, this is depressing, but it won’t really be shown in rp unless it has to, I just wanted to list his fears for some reason, hope that’s okay. And don’t think this means Neon is some nervous kid, he isn’t, everybody has fears, and he can’t help his PTSD, but they can choose whether or not it’s affects their social life and personality. Neon doesn’t let it affect these things.)
Extra: He brought his Midday Lycanroc, Alpha, with him. Alpha is his current partner and emotional support Pokémon. (Which he desperately needed due to his PTSD and many secret fears.) Alpha doesn’t participate in any school activities, although Neon has permission to bring Alpha to school and class, as he helps Neon stay calm, even though it doesn’t look like it since his core personality is so fun and extroverted. Although there are little signs that Alpha is obviously helping. 1. Whenever Neon feels nervous or intimidated, he pets Alpha or scratches his ear. 2. Every once in a while, Neon strokes Alpha’s back, just to calm his nerves every once in a while, even if they don’t need calming, this always get him in a better mood, even if it doesn’t seem possible. (Might add to this.)

I think that’s it. Wow, I wrote a lot more than I thought I would. Have fun reading that, xD. Also, I have no problem with constructive criticism, please tell me if I did anything wrong.
Accepted! Welcome to Seolaris Academy!

As the role-play is past the point of giving your randomized Pokemon, I will be giving yours in here. Your randomized Pokemon is a Rookidee!

No, I wouldn't say this role play isn't dead per se, but more so as not as active as the other role plays. There are obviously aren't many active role-players within the thread, hence why it does seem slow. Though, my lack of responsibility does play a part on it. As @Captain Pokémon did say, I do have a life outside of role playing that do have many inconveniences, but I do try my best to post when I have the time and energy to do so. My apologies if it seemed like I was not active enough to respond to posts.

Though, my style of role-playing usually does cater to having everyone post before I get a post in, so I may very well be just waiting on another person or a couple of people to post before I put up mines. But I do try my best to be active in my roleplays as much as I possibly can.

As for your question @RisingGarchomps , you are fully capable of changing your partner Pokemon, as it doesn't seem to overly complicate things, especially since you haven't put a post in yet after all.

As for the new bio:

As the role-play is past the point of giving your randomized Pokemon, I will be giving yours in here. Your randomized Pokemon is a Rookidee!
Alrighty! Glad I got accepted. So, how should I introduce Neon? Cause, I’m real late, XD.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Alrighty! Glad I got accepted. So, how should I introduce Neon? Cause, I’m real late, XD.
Mmm I think same goes for RisingGarchomp’s OC. You guys can just have an excuse tardy pass for the first day of school or something. Or if you can find any other creative method, I should be okay with it, but that’s the best I can come up for your character right now.

Last edited:
Alright, one more thing. Could you give me a summary of what’s happened so far? I know this sounds lazy, but this rp is 3 pages in, and it will be lengthy to do all that reading.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Alright, one more thing. Could you give me a summary of what’s happened so far? I know this sounds lazy, but this rp is 3 pages in, and it will be lengthy to do all that reading.
Uhh nothing much to be honest? It’s still kind of an introductory thing. The students met their “starter” Pokémon, attended their main classes of studies, and now their at this fair.

After this fair for some interactions between students, I’m planning on doing a small time skip to go to the first arc, which would be a class contest between all the students with the same home room teacher, and only allowing them to use their randomized starters, to see their development so far.

Uhh nothing much to be honest? It’s still kind of an introductory thing. The students met their “starter” Pokémon, attended their main classes of studies, and now their at this fair.

After this fair for some interactions between students, I’m planning on doing a small time skip to go to the first arc, which would be a class contest between all the students with the same home room teacher, and only allowing them to use their randomized starters, to see their development so far.
Alright, I’ll work on a post! Thanks.

Helios.

As for the new bio:

Thanks for replying! I didn't realise you'd reply almost instantly. (Replying within a few hours is instantly in my book). I'll be changing my guy's partner pokemon to Noibat, as you're aware.
Mmm I think same goes for RisingGarchomp’s OC. You guys can just have an excuse tardy pass for the first day of school or something. Or if you can find any other creative method, I should be okay with it, but that’s the best I can come up for your character right now.
My character is the kind of guy who wouldn't actually like the contest phases of things and instead skip to the battling part. He was very much forced to go to the school. So I think it would be right to introduce him to one of the battling lessons! I've read the RP so far and it seems you've gotten past one of these lessons.