• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Superpower High School Roleplay: Karma High

Final new character before I make my, guess what, 2nd post as rp creator! Fun!

Name: Tsugikuni Ginhoshi
Gender/Pronouns: Male (he/they)
Sexuality: Pansexual
Height: 5’9”
Appearance: Tsugikuni is a rather stylish Asian-American boy, with dark brown hair tied back into a ponytail, and stark, bright yellow eyes. He wears normally formal clothes, with a hint of Japanese flair (essentially, the patterns and designs of his clothing), and he always wears the same, dark brown belt, with a distinctive golden pen holster.
Personality: His expression is always quiet and thoughtful, and he doesn’t tend to interject himself into affairs unless it involves something about him- or a topic he has expertise in. He speaks with a small degree of refinement, and any slang is slow to be picked up for him. In combat, his expression is serene, but behind his eyes is a furious concentration of emotions. He’s very emotionally intelligent, and tends to be extremely empathetic.
Backstory/History: When the Ginhoshi family moved to Washington, they brought their ancient swordsmanship technique with them- which is learned by each person in the family through a short ritual shortly after birth under the light of the full moon. Tsugikuni was one such member of the family, one of three siblings born to Ayato and Makoto. From a young age, he was visibly talented in martial arts, and so was trained to be on the level of expert almost immediately- reaching such a title at the age of 13.

After this training, Tsugikuni desired a traditional schooling experience, and so after a conflict with his father, was admitted into Karma High on recommendation.
Powers:

Defensive Stance:

By planting his legs firmly and spreading his gait wide, he can assume a stance in which any attacks against him are weakened by a great degree, swings of blades leaving mere impact slices on his arms while taking the stance. He must not move his lower body while stanced- as only his upper body can move if he is to maintain it.

Tsukiberu Kuru:
Also called the Moon Veil Dance. This style of martial arts involves either a Nodachi or Naginata, in where the wielder uses momentum and defensive expertise to repel enemies. It has offensive potential- but it’s primarily a counterattack-focused fighting style. The main focus of the form is to mimic the shape of crescent moons with each slash of the weapon, arcing along gentle paths.

Likes: Painting, traditional watercolor art, training, learning, deep dish pizza, metallurgy
Dislikes: Crowds, loud music, rain, sand, pollen, gooey foods (like jello or honey)
Relationships: Ayato (Father), Makoti (Mother), Haruka and Thoma (Siblings, younger)
Other: His pen extends into either a nodachi or a naginata- magical in nature. It can either be a fully functional blade, or a strange blade that cute through the body, leaving no physical damage, only feeling like a real slash. He calls his weapon The Moongazer.
House: Gryphon

I’ll probably post after work- and my break just ended

It’s a bit of a sore spot for her when people talk down to others, cause after her transformation power manifested people treated her worse. So seeing other people belittled takes her back and it makes her a lil angy c:<
What is the Cat Meme? The 'Woman Yells At Cat' Meme, Explained

Guess which is who

Also Pamela is the type who would sit and take any insult thrown at her because she actually received them quite often when she was a kid; And not just the run of the mill kind either.

Pamela
Awakening:
She can control the caffeine in the air; she can raise and lower the output her body makes, and condense 5 minutes worth of her output into an actual powder at the expense of (obviously) not being able to make any caffeine for 5 minutes.
Potential Hero Names: Fresh, Pickup, Kona, Lilbean

BY THE WAY!!

After some kinda sports festival-adjacent event, I’m going to allow Power Awakenings! For example, my plan for Tsugikuni is to have his crescent moon shapes he makes when he slashes turn into ranged spinning moon blades
I was hoping we'd have power awakenings or something like that.

Maybe Frederick's creations not only get stronger, bigger and more durable (maybe he can even create clothes with durability like armor), but maybe he can make his Boys even stronger than before and maybe even make more different types of Boys.

And yes, from now on, his familiars will be referred to as Boys.

Last edited:

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
BY THE WAY!!

After some kinda sports festival-adjacent event, I’m going to allow Power Awakenings! For example, my plan for Tsugikuni is to have his crescent moon shapes he makes when he slashes turn into ranged spinning moon blades
Hmmm, for Fifi I might give her better control over the shape of her lights, or give her some regenerative ability when transformed… I’ll have to give it some thought hehe

Hmmm, for Fifi I might give her better control over the shape of her lights, or give her some regenerative ability when transformed… I’ll have to give it some thought hehe
Or maybe she can affect which area's of her body transform? Like, she transforms her legs to swim normally, or she transforms her arms for the claws. Or she can just manifest the gills and nothing else. More control for more situations.

By the way, @Blotch'd , what do you think of my replacement for Corrosion?
Works well, I had a similar idea involving the scattering of atoms in the body, but it worked too much like one of Paper Heart's functions. So it works good, if not better, than the idea's I suggested.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Or maybe she can affect which area's of her body transform? Like, she transforms her legs to swim normally, or she transforms her arms for the claws. Or she can just manifest the gills and nothing else. More control for more situations.
Better control of her transformation was something I thought about… it’d help her confidence in her appearance and she would 100% use it for jumpscares (imagine seeing her in a hallway at night and she just grins with all them teeth XD). Maybe I’ll give her some camouflage ability in transformation too, since a large part of the anglerfish schtick is to lie in wait. Not invisibility but maybe translucence or color changing (in which case she would totally change her fins’ colors for House events, and be way too proud of the fact that they match).

@Cryronn the Mudkip with the Power Awakening thingy... I got a bit of an idea. Dean (totally not based on the IRL me (well maybe but that ain't the point XD)) could have the ability to recode some computer chips, or even drain batteries in a matter of seconds (if he even figures out how to without triggering an antivirus XD).

P.S. Y'know how Dean's a prankster? Yeah, nobody's gonna know he's the one that covered the security cameras. Hopefully.

Last edited:
@Godjacob do you think the Ginhoshi and Takahashi clans would know of each other? I'd assume so. The Takahashi clan would likely know the Ginhoshi clan for their unique style of lunar martial arts, the Tsukiberu Kuru. Perhaps that could be a point of bonding (or competition) between Kim and Tsugikuni?

Sure seems a reasonable enough head canon to me and gives the pair a point of comparison to form a dynamic with.