• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Superpower High School Roleplay: Karma High

Do the individual rooms in dorms have windows?
There aren't necessarily individual rooms as much as its one room split into two sections with two beds each by a curtain. Regardless, both sides of the dorm DO indeed have windows, bright and large ones with curtains if desired.

The walls are also relatively soundproof- at least to each other, less to the outside, if you catch my drift.

ALSO WOOOO @=Nightshade= CATBOY TIMEEEE!!! Accepted lmao- bro is VERY Edgy- I like. Mmmm in terms of his House just decide whether Demon Time or Fiend is the more significant/dominant of his two powers.

Name: Maria Corazon
Gender/Pronouns: Female (She/Her)
Sexuality: Pansexual
Height: 5’4
Appearance: She has black hair with purple highlights along with her black eyes. She usually wears a grey long-sleeved turtleneck shirt along with matching black pants. She also usually wears a red beanie and wide circular glasses. She just wears slippers or sneakers. She also wears a hoodie
Personality: She’s painfully shy, and quite the introvert. This was because she was seen as weird in high school, and she has a hard time socializing with others. She also falls apart when being flirted with, because she is so bad at social cues. She’s quite fond of Filipino culture and has some small souvenirs from the Philippines in the dorm.
Backstory/History: She was never really noticed in high school. All the popular girls called her a freak, and her superpowers made it worse.
Powers:

Animorph: She has the ability to morph into any animal she knows of, even extinct animals. When he changes, it only takes a couple of seconds. It does not matter how big or small. It does not put a strain on her to do this. She can stay in an animal's form indefinitely. She can turn into multiple animals such as a swarm of fireflies and a group of barnacles. She also has the power to mimic the abilities of any animal he knows of while she is in their form. The ability apparently gives her an intuitive understanding of the animals and what abilities they have that may be useful in the situation. Also when she transforms, her clothes get absorbed into her, and return when she becomes a human.

Likes: Animals (like sleeping dogs and cats), reading, Ben 10 (especially the aliens), Filipino culture and references, desserts, juice
Dislikes: Talking to people, Fashion, Getting pranked, fake friends
Relationships: She has two moms (one is biological and the other is foster) and no human friends. Her only friend is her pet cat named Chanel.
Other: She is half Filipino, and she is a bit of a dork.
House: Pegasus

Last edited:
Bored so I may as well (maybe) add another character.

Name: Braedyn Gooley (totally not basing this off an IRL friend that just so happens to go to a different school)
Gender/Pronouns: Male (he/him)
Sexuality: Straight
Height: 5'9.9" (R.I.P. Braedyn lmao)
Appearance: He has curly brown hair, blue eyes and is slightly less skinny than Dean (for reference).
Personality: He can come off as a bit brash when you meet him first, but he's actually pretty nice. And he means well.
Backstory/History: He was Dean's best friend since they were 8. When they were separated (against both of their will), they managed to keep in touch. As soon as he heard that Dean was attending Karma High, he immediately signed up. And barely passed the test. Just barely.
Powers:
  • Comic Representation: he can move at (possible) speeds so fast he even outclasses Usain Bolt, he can break walls in one punch and you can see his sound effects.
  • Flame Force: he can control literal fire. Only downside is he can't control said fire for more than 5 minutes and it gets out of control.
Dislikes: People who only act smart, narcissism
Relationships: other than Dean, nothing real major
Other: He doesn't like dogs. Even if it's a sleeping dog.
House: Chimera
Dean:
Screenshot_20230625-131325.png

I'm joking, he isn't THAT mean, but his pranks can be a little harsh

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
Appearance: She has black hair with purple highlights along with her black eyes. She usually wears a grey long-sleeved turtleneck shirt along with matching black pants. She also usually wears a red beanie and wide circular glasses. She just wears slippers or sneakers. She also wears a hoodie
Personality: She’s painfully shy, and quite the introvert. This was because she was seen as weird in high school, and she has a hard time socializing with others. She also falls apart when being flirted with, because she is so bad at social cues. She’s quite fond of Filipino culture and has some small souvenirs from the Philippines in the dorm.
Backstory/History: She was never really noticed in high school. All the popular girls called her a freak, and her superpowers made it worse.
Powers:

Animorph: She has the ability to morph into any animal she knows of, even extinct animals. When he changes, it only takes a couple of seconds. It does not matter how big or small. It does not put a strain on her to do this. She can stay in an animal's form indefinitely. She can turn into multiple animals such as a swarm of fireflies and a group of barnacles. She also has the power to mimic the abilities of any animal he knows of while she is in their form. The ability apparently gives her an intuitive understanding of the animals and what abilities they have that may be useful in the situation. Also when she transforms, her clothes get absorbed into her, and return when she becomes a human.

Likes: Animals (like sleeping dogs and cats), reading, Ben 10 (especially the aliens), Filipino culture and references, desserts, juice
Relationships: She has two moms (one is biological and the other is foster) and no human friends. Her only friend is her pet cat named Chanel.
House: (Suggestions would be helpful)
YOOOO A CHARACTER THAT'S FROM THE PHILIPPINES!!! I am a 100% Filipino citizen and oh my god I love that someone actually made a character that (kind of) has heritage from the Philippines!!!

I am in love with her so much!!!

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
ALSO WOOOO @=Nightshade= CATBOY TIMEEEE!!! Accepted lmao- bro is VERY Edgy- I like. Mmmm in terms of his House just decide whether Demon Time or Fiend is the more significant/dominant of his two powers.
I feel like Gryphon could use some more people lol but Pegasus seems to fit him better. Also yes the edge it’s been a while since I made an edgelord so here we are. Thought it would be funny to have a demon-possessed come out of a Christian family lmao

Also which dorm would he be in, the newest one? Is that 9, I think?
Flame Force: he can control literal fire. Only downside is he can't control said fire for more than 5 minutes and it gets out of control.
Oooooh fire, would make a good partnership with Fifi to turn her lights into firebombs ✨

@Blotch'd how would Melanie's Spirit Seeker be affected by Isolde's yellow eye.
Isolde would not be swayed by 'The Actor's' tricks and cunning, and would absolutely see through the facade of 'The Lover' to tell exactly what's going on. If Melanie became close friends with Isolde, Isolde would make this face every time they interacted with Riley.
You Like Krabby Patties, Don't You Squidward? | Know Your Meme

@Blotch'd how do you think Pamela's Caffeinated power would react with Dean's Tech Jump? Just curious. (Sorry if this is too random, you don't have to answer)
Why would they interact in any special way? They don't clash and have absolutely no overlap whatsover.
Dislikes: Being mocked/teased, seeing animals and/or people be scared of him, judgmental/heavily opinionated people.
He's gonna be so confused when he sees that Isolde is scared of everything anyway and not because of his shape-
Because he has cat ears, Isolde is not gonna be too terribly frightened of him. Intimidated, oh ever loving yes, but her natural instinct for loving cute things with animal ears will probably lead to her forgetting the fact that he is...A human and thus the bane of her existence.
Or it could go like the following;

Bernadetta memes. Best Collection of funny Bernadetta pictures on iFunny  Brazil

@ExxtremeBattler @Cryronn the Mudkip
Lore reveal: Asuna was usually scared off when she tried to approach any boy in middle school in Texas, she could approach a girl, but they were as straight as line, in Japan, people would worried about her red hair, she'd have friends, but no one would like her romantically. She was on the self conscious side, even with her Otaku side. So Orion has done something major in the first words he's said.

Last edited:
Powers:

House: (Suggestions would be helpful)
Is she the Flamingo in your post?

Just gonna toss in a quick side note about Tsugikuni's weapon- when it's in its "harmless" mode, he still needs to actually put in the force to slice- so its not like his weapon just phases through people's bodies. Each attack he hits while its within Harmless mode leaves behind a mark where the cut would have been, that slowly saps energy akin to what actual blood loss would do- unless patched up or otherwise healed.

For cutting off limbs- it works on a top basis most of the time. So say he cuts off your arm. You'd lose feeling in that arm and its functionality would be hampered for a period of time. Same for legs. If he was to cut your torso in twain, everything above the severing line would still function (head arms etc) while the bottom half would lose functionality. This counts for all but decapitation, which in Harmless mode, just causes a near instantaneous passing out, rather than. Uh. Dying.

Yeah, maybe. Buuuut I dunno what to do now, honestly. LMAO
Honestly? Try taking your interactions a bit more chill. Currently it feels like your characters are all over the place, which would make sense considering their personalities and powers, though it's gotten to the point where it can be a bit difficult to pull of nice, coherent interactions with them.

Taking the interactions more slowly and making them more thought-out will be a lot more fun for you, and anyone else your characters play around with.

If you need some inspiration, I think @Blotch'd 's Pamela and @Cryronn the Mudkip 's Riley are good examples to steal from, since these two have similar temperaments to your boys

Once everyone is sat or at least has their dinner and maybe a few scenes of them talking at the tables and just vibing- I'll have the principal make a speech and maybe a quick Q&A section where I lay out some stuff from the discussion in a more proper sense, if any of you/your characters still have questions. Otherwise, everyone will head back to the dorms, and we'll finalize the day :)

Last edited:

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
So like I saw you guys making power awakenings for your characters, so here's Jasper's power awakening (this time based on my Overwatch main Sombra)

Aether Editing; Ultrahack:
Jasper's Awakened Power lets him turn invisible for a minute maximum, where he moves much faster and his footstepts would make much less noise. That's only the first part of his new powers though. Now, he doesn't need to touch his opponents to activate his powers (well, he does to activate the blue screen, but this new power doesn't need him to touch his enemies), and instead, can point his finger to the person he's targeting for three seconds, which will disable their powers for thirty seconds.

TL;DR :Ultrahack buffed his support capabilities and made him stealthier and faster for short periods of time. Plus, made him stronger in team scenarios with his new support capabilities

Since power awakenings are a thing now:

Pocket Dimension; Hammerspace

Edric’s awakened power unlocks the true potential of the pocket dimension, now allowing him to enter it. This allows him to use it like a portal, warping from spots he should not be seen in with a short delay. In addition, he can now push projectiles and people in, but they will be thrown out when Edric uses Pocket Dimension again. In addition, one clone can now pull out any object to the size of a yacht.

Animorph; Changeling
Maria’s awakened power allows her to disguise herself as any human being, but taking on none of their powers. It also gives her the ability to transform into mythical creatures, like griffins, mermaids, dragons, etc.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
I suppose while on the topic of Power Awakenings, I can elaborate a bit on the two I had in mind:

Carter: Lethal Competition - Boundless Replication - Instead of just Sports Equipment, Carter will becomes capable of manifesting ANYTHING sports-related, including drinks, snacks and more, all of which will gain their own special properties. And yes, this also means Carter will be able to manifest entire Race Cars. (Not without great difficulty, however.)

Vincent: Magic Stomach - Gift of Creation - The ability to create things in his stomach using raw ingredients expands beyond mere crafting and goes into creating absolutely anything so long as he knows the end product and what it takes in order to create it. This means he can now do things such as growing a seed into a full-blown plant, cause plants in his stomach to start growing fruit, berries and the like, can turn an egg into a chicken and so on.

Last edited: