• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Superpower High School Roleplay: Karma High

What house do you think Maria would be in? I never really got an answer.
Def Pegasus, though Siren could work too if you prefer that.

What tone would we like to set with this roleplay? Do we want it to be strictly chill, interactions-relationship focused stuff (as I think Cryronn intended)?

Or would we prefer a similar structure to MHA where that stuff still happens plenty, but in the backdrop of a pretty serious plot where the characters are actually able to test themselves in real, dangerous situations for further character development moments?

Def Pegasus, though Siren could work too if you prefer that.

What tone would we like to set with this roleplay? Do we want it to be strictly chill, interactions-relationship focused stuff (as I think Cryronn intended)?

Or would we prefer a similar structure to MHA where that stuff still happens plenty, but in the backdrop of a pretty serious plot where the characters are actually able to test themselves in real, dangerous situations for further character development moments?

I personally favor a bit of a mix. I prefer a lighter plot with character relationships and a psuedo slice of life, but with some serious stuff to come up and earnest competition or hype spots as well.

Is it base blue or does the color change depending on the house?

Sorry for the questions just, y’know. Figured I’d get some context before I conjure up a post.
Oh don't apologize, questions are always a good thing.

You're exactly right, the base colour is blue, but every uniform comes with a badge that displays the student's house emblem. The badge will be of whatever colour that house wears (check Cryronn's first discussion post for details).

Once a student presses down on their badge, then the whole colour of their blazer changes to match their house. Pressing it again returns the colour to default

@Cryronn the Mudkip Welcome back! As Cmeri mentioned, I created one or two things as a stopgap so RP flow could continue (some teachers, homeroom assignments, class timetable, electives, etc).

Some stuff like electives I've planned but haven't fully revealed yet, so lmk if you'd like to see what I conjured up. As for the stuff introduced thus far, please do change or keep whatever you think is suitable

MarcelGalliard790

Previously SlicertheGallade890
Dean's probably gonna become fast friends with Jasper. And he's already met, what, 3 of the others in his homeroom (cough Fifi, Samael and Fuyuko) so he'll likely feel comfortable.
If Dean pulls anything, expect Samael to be the one to put him in his place.

Anyways, I’m just chilling, thinking about whom Samael could be with and how I should advance with Marcel

Guys it's really cool that you all just assumed I'd come back and I did, even though I didn't think I'd be able to!

I kinda thought I'd have to beg on my knees-

SO. I'm just gonna go write now, looking forward to working with y'all again.

Guys I have an idea for a janitor or school counselor who is a literal Muppet

Name: Leery the Dragon (He prefers Mr. Leery)
Gender/Pronouns: It/Them/Him
Sexuality: None
Height: 24 inches
Appearance: A pretty simple puppet with huge old googly eyes; it's a blue dragon and it glitters.
Personality; Decently intelligent, and has no filter whatsoever. He can observe even the smallest things, and likes to watch people. Pretty good at mopping the floor considering his height is half the broomstick.
Backstory/History: A powered human thought it would be deeply amusing to use their powers to make a sentient puppet. Now, even though the human is dead, Leery still lives on, taking the job of a humble substitute and janitor and general stagehand for the principal. Don't ask him how he moves and lift things.
Powers:
Sentience: The effects of an existing power. Allows one to be sentient.
Realism: Leery can imitate what an actual dragon can do. He can fly, roar really loudly, and he can lift heavy objects. He can breath fire too, but he's highly flammable so he doesn't like to.
Likes: Puppet Shows, Jabs, Jokes, Capers, Dupes, Helping his Boss
Dislikes: Burning, Being called Short, Calm People
Relationships: Principal White (Boss)
Other: A once sleeping dog ran off with him once; they never found the dog.
House: None

I just thought this idea was a really amusing way to help Donna get stuff done.

Welcome back @Blotch'd , you were dearly missed!

Okay everyone, with the return of our two heroes Blotch'd and @Cryronn the Mudkip , I've actually went and switched the homerooms around a bit- previously I kinda just dumped all of the currently inactive chars in 1-D and sorted the rest out between the other 3.

Now, though, you'll find a more even distribution amongst the 4 homerooms:
1-A - Professor Amelia Thornheart:
  • Gwen Kendra
  • Frederick “Fred/Freddie” Valentine
  • Kimiko “Kim” Takahashi
  • Orion Cross
  • Maria Corazon
  • Petra Williams
  • Grayson Kreel

1-B - Dr. Victor Sterling:
  • Omar Shieldson
  • Pamela Oswald
  • Riley Deimi
  • Edric Fletcher
  • Jacqueline “Jack” Lockheed
  • Nera Vasquez
  • Jaime Allen

1-C - Professor Elena Montoya:
  • Dean Emery
  • Vincent Alckemye
  • Asuna Ryugetsu
  • Ffion “Fifi” Drake
  • Samael Nikolai Petrikov
  • Fuyuko Redtail
  • Joshua Reed

1-D - Dr. Liam Stone:
  • Tsugikuni Ginhoshi
  • Jasper “Golden-Wolf” Mueller
  • Marcel Lucius Cromwell
  • Carter Whitaker
  • Isolde Barley
  • Melanie Redtail
  • Braedyn Gooley

(lmk if I missed anyone)

My idea with the homerooms is to give characters a chance to meet other students who they perhaps wouldn't normally come across, diversifying character relationships and interactions.

That said, please do let me know if you'd like your char to be in a specific homeroom, and I'll gladly oblige.

Finally, here's that draft class timetable from earlier as a reminder:

1693428439467.png

It is currently 8:00AM in the RP.

Kim is seated in Class 1-A. Appreciate the homeroom index.

No worries! To help us visualize, the classrooms are arranged in a 3x3 grid, with each desk fitting one person (this would mean that there are only 36 students in the entire 1st year lol, I think it makes sense to want to keep classrooms small and intimate but this can be retconned at Cryronn's will).

So, currently 1-A would look something like this:

1693432038253.png

Something tells me I might have a lot to catch up on.

Not a great deal has happened tbf, it's really just been some planning of details. In other words:

It just hit morning, all you have to do is get your character's to bed and ready for school.

No worries! To help us visualize, the classrooms are arranged in a 3x3 grid, with each desk fitting one person (this would mean that there are only 36 students in the entire 1st year lol, I think it makes sense to want to keep classrooms small and intimate but this can be retconned at Cryronn's will).

So, currently 1-A would look something like this:

View attachment 947313

Not a great deal has happened tbf, it's really just been some planning of details. In other words:

Nice I like the visual. And yeah my mind is more there are other students, but they are nameless background guys so the visual layout is just for the RPer characters.

• Omar Shieldson
  • Pamela Oswald
  • Riley Deimi
  • Edric Fletcher
  • Jacqueline “Jack” Lockheed
  • Nera Vasquez
  • Jaime Allen

My idea with the homerooms is to give characters a chance to meet other students who they perhaps wouldn't normally come across, diversifying character relationships and interactions.
YOU MESSED UP! Putting Riley and Pamela in the same room!? The teacher won't be able to teach anything between the two of them!

Also, the idea for Mr. Leery would be a sort of 'world enriching' character, existing to deepen the narrative, who could sub for teachers because they would and could get sick, right? And every school has a sort of handyman, right?