• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Superpower High School Roleplay: Karma High

YOU MESSED UP! Putting Riley and Pamela in the same room!? The teacher won't be able to teach anything between the two of them!

Also, the idea for Mr. Leery would be a sort of 'world enriching' character, existing to deepen the narrative, who could sub for teachers because they would and could get sick, right? And every school has a sort of handyman, right?
At least it's not Asuna. That would cause actual issues with people's eyes.

Kim listened to the Principal as the question was addressed and she nodded along. A meeting tomorrow, alright that seemed fair enough though the gradually meet members had her curious, either way soon the dismissal had been called as as she quickly finished up her meal and set her plate aside before she made her way out of the cafeteria.

Kim had not seen her roommate, but frankly she tried not to mill it over. She came here to learn, to grow and become the hero she needed to be. Extending herself with pleasantries had been a waste of time, and served to not benefit her goal what so ever. "I don't need that kind of thing."

As Kim walked, her eyes noticed some other students who had mingled or walked together, while she remained alone. Her face kept her usual composure and visible disinterest, though her eyes showed a slight longing as others seemed to enjoy one another's company.

"I really don't need it..."

Kim had focused to her dorm, entering inside as she prepared to turn in for the night. An eventful day awaited her tomorrow and she wanted to make sure she was fully rested for it.
KIM!?!?
How much does she need companionship!?
Does she need a hug, maybe???

Why do I feel partially responsible????

I won't be able to post on any weekend in the foreseeable future, just so y'all know.

Last edited by a moderator:
KIM!?!?
How much does she need companionship!?
Does she need a hug, maybe???

Why do I feel partially responsible????

I won't be able to post on any weekend in the foreseeable future, just so y'all know.

Believe me it ain't Pamala's fault.

Kim has led an isolated life, her older sister and family butler/caretaker being the two earnest support pillars while her parents and grandfather only see her as an extension of the Takahashi line. She was cut off from making friends as they were deemed a "distraction" which is why she tries to convince herself she doesn't need that even if deeply it is clear she desires it.

All part of her arc where she opens up bit by bit to accept people who do care for her.

It was too late for anyone but Omar to react.

BAM!

No, this was not the sound of a group growing from 4 to 5. This was the intense sound of two girls colliding into each other.

Pamela took a spill onto the ground, landing on her hands and knees after colliding head first with this new person. "Who in the ever loving pecan pie-" she looked up at this absolute grace of a person and trailed off. "Oh," she said, just looking up at this person without any actual thoughts.
In his daydreaming, the portal exit had now moved from his other hand to above the head of an intimidating, black haired girl sat northeast of him. He'd wanted to offer a kind greeting as she walked by earlier, though she gave off such a no-nonsense vibe that he just found himself whimpering like an injured puppy.

Now putting two and two together, Orion leapt off of his chair, reaching to catch the pencil before it found its next victim. He arrived behind the girl and grasped at the small portal, but he was a second too late. The pencil fell through his grasp and landed with a soft thud onto the girl's head before clinging and clanging onto the floor.

Time stopped. Orion sighed, knowing what may come next.

Though, above all, he was grateful. There were witnesses here, so at least his body would be found.
How many times is Kim going to be abused by potential friends? Is this going to happen often? So many questions...

FOR instance, I kind of wanna know what everyone is thinking for their hero names. I think Pamela will be Overshot and Isolde will be Homeward

I'm especially curious about @Cmeriwether @RhythmThief and @=Nightshade=
What would Asuna's hero name be?
What about Orion's?
And Jamie?
I have so many theories but I'm curious on what y'all would make them

Felt like making a picrew, felt like making it Pamela's Family
Pamela's Grandmother, who is extremely important!
455830_c8d03Y7K.png

Name: Nariz Oswald
Power(s):
Life Leech:
She can siphon the energy of nearby creatures into her own reserves. Also able to keep a large amount of energy in her body at one time. However, too much energy could potentially decimate her body if used in certain ways.
Personality: A practical woman who is incredibly patient. Casually roasts those who deserve it. Can't forgive her son.
185483_DqSVsbWt.png

Name: Tasha Oswald
Power(s):
Energy Storage:
She can stockpile energy in her body, leading to increased endurance and strength. However, too much energy could potentially decimate her body if used in certain ways.
Personality: Much more calm and serene than her older sister, Pamela. Ignores her past and any mention of her parents.
1011016_A5BzVkv8.png

Name: Tray Oswald
-Powerless-
Personality:
Much more chill and quiet than his older sister, Pamela. When he does say something, it's usually important.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
How many times is Kim going to be abused by potential friends? Is this going to happen often? So many questions...

FOR instance, I kind of wanna know what everyone is thinking for their hero names. I think Pamela will be Overshot and Isolde will be Homeward

I'm especially curious about @Cmeriwether @RhythmThief and @=Nightshade=
What would Asuna's hero name be?
What about Orion's?
And Jamie?
I have so many theories but I'm curious on what y'all would make them
I honestly haven’t give much thought to it lol, I knew Ffion’s was going to be Angler from the start but I didn’t actually think about Jaime’s hmmm…will have to brain on that for a bit

Might post today, might post tomorrow, kind of in the same boat as Koru tho in that I won’t be posting super frequently cause of school so just a heads up ^^”

Quick announcement my guys and gals, class will be in session in the next few posts, probably this Sunday 10th (this can be shifted as necessary, of course).

If your char(s) haven't arrived to their class yet, please do have them make their way over (you can also write it so that they were in class the entire time, so long as things remain consistent with other posts).

Once class starts, we won't be rp'ing the school day, merely just glossing over any important details or small interactions we want to write about. We will skip straight to after school, I think.

Finally, here's the exciting stuff- while in Homeroom, each student will be given the chance to register for an elective of their choice, depending on their house.

As of right now, each student is limited to one elective from their house only, but @Blotch'd and I are thinking we can give the top 10 or so students the opportunity to take an extra elective from any house of their choosing, for extra credit and experience.

So without further ado, here are the electives available (subject to change, as always):

House of the Chimera:
  • Combat Mastery: Students hone their offensive abilities through advanced combat techniques, tactical training, and simulations of real battles.
  • Destructive Artistry: This elective focuses on controlled destruction, teaching students to channel their offensive powers creatively for precision and impact.
  • Energy Manipulation: Students learn to harness and manipulate various forms of energy (thermal, kinetic, etc.) to enhance their offensive capabilities.

House of Gryphon:
  • Shielding and Warding: Students master the art of creating protective barriers, shields, and energy fields to shield themselves and others from harm.
  • Tactical Defense Strategies: This elective covers advanced defensive tactics, teaching students how to read opponents' movements and respond effectively to different threats.
  • Healing and Restoration: Gryphon students learn basic healing/first aid techniques to aid their allies during and after battles, focusing on rapid recovery and restoration.

House of Pegasus:
  • Aerial Acrobatics: Students learn advanced flying maneuvers, aerial combat tactics, and strategies for swift, agile movement in the air.
  • Teleportation Mastery: This elective focuses on mastering teleportation, allowing students to move instantaneously between locations, both near and far.
  • Speed Enhancement: Pegasus students refine their mobility through speed-enhancement techniques, mastering not only running but also evasive maneuvers.

House of Siren:
  • Tactical Reconnaissance and Resource Gathering: Students in this elective learn advanced surveillance techniques, including setting up concealed observation points, analyzing enemy movements, and gathering critical information during missions. Additionally, they study ways to locate and secure essential resources in various environments, such as finding shelter, food, and tools.
  • Strategic Assistance: This elective emphasizes macro-level strategic planning, teamwork coordination, and leadership skills to provide effective support during battles.
  • Mindset Enhancement: Siren students learn to bolster their allies' mental strength and focus, enhancing their performance and resilience in combat.

Pamela will be Strategic Assistance
and Isolde will take Mindset Enhancement

Speaking of Isolde....
1518740_FM39VUWG.png

Name: Zelda Barley
Personality: Zelda is serene and calm. She never raises her voice or starts arguments, which is why she works in PR in a major corporation. Loves her daughter to death.
Power(s):
Yellow Justice:
Her yellow eyes can see through objects she chooses and concealment (i.e Powers that create illusions or change one's regular appearance, and lies)
Angelic Presence: Just by being around her, people are calmed and are incapable of feeling negative emotion.

Quick announcement my guys and gals, class will be in session in the next few posts, probably this Sunday 10th (this can be shifted as necessary, of course).

If your char(s) haven't arrived to their class yet, please do have them make their way over (you can also write it so that they were in class the entire time, so long as things remain consistent with other posts).

Once class starts, we won't be rp'ing the school day, merely just glossing over any important details or small interactions we want to write about. We will skip straight to after school, I think.

Finally, here's the exciting stuff- while in Homeroom, each student will be given the chance to register for an elective of their choice, depending on their house.

As of right now, each student is limited to one elective from their house only, but @Blotch'd and I are thinking we can give the top 10 or so students the opportunity to take an extra elective from any house of their choosing, for extra credit and experience.

So without further ado, here are the electives available (subject to change, as always):

House of the Chimera:
  • Combat Mastery: Students hone their offensive abilities through advanced combat techniques, tactical training, and simulations of real battles.
  • Destructive Artistry: This elective focuses on controlled destruction, teaching students to channel their offensive powers creatively for precision and impact.
  • Energy Manipulation: Students learn to harness and manipulate various forms of energy (thermal, kinetic, etc.) to enhance their offensive capabilities.

House of Gryphon:
  • Shielding and Warding: Students master the art of creating protective barriers, shields, and energy fields to shield themselves and others from harm.
  • Tactical Defense Strategies: This elective covers advanced defensive tactics, teaching students how to read opponents' movements and respond effectively to different threats.
  • Healing and Restoration: Gryphon students learn basic healing/first aid techniques to aid their allies during and after battles, focusing on rapid recovery and restoration.

House of Pegasus:
  • Aerial Acrobatics: Students learn advanced flying maneuvers, aerial combat tactics, and strategies for swift, agile movement in the air.
  • Teleportation Mastery: This elective focuses on mastering teleportation, allowing students to move instantaneously between locations, both near and far.
  • Speed Enhancement: Pegasus students refine their mobility through speed-enhancement techniques, mastering not only running but also evasive maneuvers.

House of Siren:
  • Tactical Reconnaissance and Resource Gathering: Students in this elective learn advanced surveillance techniques, including setting up concealed observation points, analyzing enemy movements, and gathering critical information during missions. Additionally, they study ways to locate and secure essential resources in various environments, such as finding shelter, food, and tools.
  • Strategic Assistance: This elective emphasizes macro-level strategic planning, teamwork coordination, and leadership skills to provide effective support during battles.
  • Mindset Enhancement: Siren students learn to bolster their allies' mental strength and focus, enhancing their performance and resilience in combat.

Kim is gonna go for Combat Mastery, her power is more versatile than raw power strong so she'll want to maximize her tactics with it.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Gwen would probably go with Mindset Enhancement, and Josh with Aerial Acrobatics.

Edit: Actually thinking about it, (and not at 5am) Mindset Enhancement's too ironic for Gwen. Tactical Reconnaissance and Resource Gathering would be better seeing as she'd be able to transport resources easily and keep safe distances and vantage points via her bubbles. Josh's would stay the same for obvious reasons, seeing as he can't teleport or ground-based.

Last edited:

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Hm.. let's go over the available options for both Carter and Vince..

Carter
Combat Mastery - Unnecessary. While Carter can end up too confident for his own good instead of keeping a level-headed attitude.. is overconfidence really that bad, considering it's what fuels his power to begin with? That being said, Carter's method of fighting is unorthodox to say the least, and most his equipment already is geared towards aiding him both from ranged and afar, especially given some of the special properties certain pieces of equipment will adapt on manifestation.

Destructive Artistry - Same reason as above. You could even say Whitaker's whole ordeal is controlled destruction, given that he needs to level his own willpower in the first place in order to not go overboard and deal more damage than he's supposed to. That and, well.. you'd be surprised at just how destructive some equipment can be if used properly. (Especially the Basketball and American Football)

Energy Manipulation - Now this is one I can see Carter take on. Not only could this open the option to Whitaker potentially being able to control his willpower on a more physical level like a Green Lantern, but it also opens potential to him being able of imbuing both himself and summoned equipment with energy other than his own motivation, which could potentially open a whole variety of different techniques.

Vincent
Shielding and Warding - The best option for Vincent, guaranteed. Not only would this mean that he'd be able to shield others with barriers at least just as much as with his actual body, but this could also potentially allow him to recycle his own energy into another form, which would end up being just an endless loop of creating, absorbing and re-purposing energy to create more than just mere barriers and shields.

Tactical Defense Strategies - Pointless. When your running speed is someone else's walking speed, there's not much use to being able to read an opponent's strategies. Well, except for when you have allies to shout those plans to, but.. well, Vince's never been the brightest bulb in the shed, either, soo..

Healing and Restoration - Honestly? Vince can already (partially) do this. Just watch him swallow a medkit and turn it into a restorative gas, or recycle pain killers into a pain-reducing spray of mist. It all just depends on his ability to convert things to be trained enough to expand more and more, that's all.

Last edited:
1-A: Orion accidentally dropped a pencil on Kim's head. Then Gwen Defended Orion alongside himself, then Maria piped hearing Accordian Music. Petra was dropped off by Omar.

1-B: Pamela and Edric were talking when a second Edric went into the Hall and started playing the accordian. Then both of them saw Omar, who took a seat next to them.

1-C: There was a Shouting Match between Dean and Braedyn in 1-D that ended up saying someone had a crush on Melanie. Then the whole room fogged up as Asuna was concentrating, Fuyuko and Samael were discussing things while this all happened.

1-D: Braedyn melted the door hinges off and failed to restore them, leading to Melanie opening the door and it falling down. Marcel showed up after Dropping Fuyuko off and put a hot fix on the door. After that, everyone was to their own devices in that room.