• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
Sophia gave her card to the attendant. BEEP The attendant gave back the card. “You're trainer card is now active. We will no longer need this letter, you may do as you please with it,” The attendant said, “You are free to explore on your own if you wish. There's the plaza where you can meet and battle other trainers if you please. Enjoy your stay Ms Silver.” Sophia muttered her thanks, slipped her card into her backpack, and went toward the plaza.

Robin was relaxing below deck when the boat finally made it to the dock. In truth, the swordsman would have spent the entire trip on deck, wind in his hair and watching the ocean go by. He didn't have any Pokemon that knew fly or were able to carry him, so Robin made sure to cherish what little time he spent airborne. But as the airship had entered a heavy fog cover, the dampness had forced him to retreat into the ship. But now the fog curled away to reveal Veritas Island, with the Battle Spire reaching into the sky.

Robin went back on deck as the ship descended, Cherry on his shoulder. He couldn't help but to smile as he watched all the Pokemon around. Giving a friendly wave to a nearby surfer as they sped around the boat, Robin adjusted his backpack and sheathed sword before preparing for disembarkation. Following the rest of the newcomers, Robin listened as a woman named Rebecca Violet gave a quick rundown of the island. Nodding politely, Robin accepted a little red book from the Dragonite as it passed them out. He quickly flipped through it, listening to the woman in the meantime before sticking the book into one of his backpack pockets. He'd read it later. The swordsman wondered if there were any good hiking trails on the island...

The woman finished up her speech, and Robin followed the group as they were led to a check in area. Ugh. The worst part of pretty much any tournament. It always took so long, and of course there was the eventual drama when people made a fuss.

Funnily enough, this one didn't last too long. Robin quickly got himself checked in, and now as free to roam the entire island. Nice. Now that he was in a bit more open of a space, Robin sent out Q once again. The Gallade appeared in a flash of light, stretching and looking around excitedly. His excitement diminished slightly when he saw that he wasn't in the middle of a Pokemon Battle.
"Alright, you two. Let's go check out the plaza. Maybe we'll put on a little show. Hope that's allowed here." Robin said to Cherry.
"Plu, plu!" Cherry said happily, and the three began to make their way down the trail towards the plaza.

Lorenne had exited the simulator some time before the Argonautica landed. She returned each of her Pokémon, with the exception of Polka, to their Pokeballs before leaving out of one of the many exits. Once the ship had landed, she joined the crowd of trainers milling about at the dock, and listened intently to Jasmine’s explanation. At first, five glory points seemed like an easy number to accrue. But considering the talents of her opponents, Lorenne quickly reconsidered her optimism. If the simulator was any indication, excellent battle skills were a necessity on Veritas. She and her team would need to work diligently to climb the ranks here; there would be hardly any room for error.

Lorenne and Polka waited in line to be checked in, which only took a few moments. Once her card was active, the attendant informed her about the nearby facilities and resort, where she would be staying. Following Rebecca seemed to be a good choice to familiarize herself with the island and other trainers.

“This way.” she directed Polka to the crowd of trainers around Rebecca. The Wigglytuff chirped quietly, and kept up with Lorenne as best he could, but was quite distracted by the islands beautiful scenery. Polka watched a distant trainer riding a Kingdra with delight, chirping quietly in amusement. Lorenne had to admit she was in awe as well, and was especially intrigued by the island’s intricate architecture. “We can’t get too distracted, now. We’re here to compete, after all.” Polka seemed to agree, but continued observing the expansive sea.

Last edited:
Edward was relieved when the boat finally landed. Not that he was afraid of heights or the ocean per se, but the idea of a flying boat, once the novelty wore off, was slightly disturbing to him, especially when the fog began to roll in. Finally. Now I'll be able to show what me and my team are truly made of.

Having returned his team to their balls, he disembarked the boat and stood in wait while Rebecca Violet explained the rules of the Battle Spire. I can't believe they had to explicitly ban win trading. I would have thought that trainers who got this far would have a little more self-respect than that. Giving his full attention back to listening, he noted the point scaling system for defeating Battle Masters. It's interesting that it is theoretically possible to challenge a Spire Master after beating only one Battle Master. It would certainly be a tough fight, but maybe something to consider down the road. Once the announcement was over, Edward got in line to activate his card, progressing to the front surprisingly quickly. BEEP. With his card now lit up green, he smiled at the desk lady. "Thank you!" With that, Edward turned around and strolled into a plaza with a Victini statue.

All these people look really strong! Reaching to his belt, Edward drew out Kay's Dusk Ball and sent out the Gallade. "Do you want to help me look for an opponent?" he asked the Pokemon. Kay nodded and gave a quick bow before scanning the crowds. Suddenly, something caught the Gallade's eye, and he pointed Edward in the direction of another trainer and Gallade just arriving. "Huh? Isn't that the Gallade you were talking to earlier?" Kay nodded once more and ran over, Edward in tow. "Pardon me, sir, but Kay here seems to have met your Gallade on the boat. My name's Ed, by the way - Edward Thistle."

Luna
~~~~
After Moon and Toty came back to their room after talking with Doom, they were tired. They had woken up the next day and were told by Luna that today was a day of battle. They were very excited although there was nearly no emotion to show this, maybe tiny whispers to summarize their conversations.

Luna did his regular morning routine as usual, only his moves were in quick movements as his heart was skipping a beat every few seconds. He was way too excited about this event, "The adrenaline is here! I can smell it in the air already!" Luna was very jumpy and took his Pokémon out of his room. Every single one had gotten well rested and had revised their strategies, something they don’t have to do as they perfect their strategies just a week before the Battle Spire starts.

Luna managed to get just in time to see the Sky Boat. There were tons of unfamiliar faces, which got him even more excited about the battles. He tried to look around for some familiar faces, maybe some people from last year.
~~~~
Akabane
~~~~
A few hours after Akabane had finished her conversation with Robin, the boat had landed and a lady named Rebecca was explaining the rules of the Spire, something she didn’t have explicitly listen as she had studied the rules nearly a thousand times. She put her Pokémon in her Pokéballs and saw the glimpses of people looking at her, before her Pokémon were transferred into their Pokéballs.

"These people, seem easy enough, to go against, I guess," Akabane told herself.

The morning came and so did the Sky Boat. Shade had gotten up quite early in preparation for something that she had been wanting to do ever since she heard about becoming a Battle Master: make the participants think she's one of them.

She can't have anyone of her Pokemon out of their PokeBalls, as that would be a dead give away. She threw on her trench coat and long black slacks before putting her hair up in a ponytail and then wearing a fedora with her hair hidden inside. Now, the only thing that would make people realize she's one of the Battle Masters is her eye color and her mannerisms, as well as the card around her neck that held the color and the profile of her status here.

Having all of her Pokemon on hand, she went over each and every one of them, making sure none of them were sick or tired. Chu seemed to be filled with more energy than usual while Doom seemed a bit tired, which is pretty common. Schwartz, Zim, Princess, Mitosis, and Gar were all in tip top shape. Even though her Gengar and her Alolan Raichu are the Pokemon she uses most commonly, she had promised Schwartz that she will use him in her first battle. Making sure Schwartz's PokeBall was near the front of her belt, she walked off into the now departing crowd of participants.

Despite the dark colors of the trench coat, she had seemed to attract more attention than usual. Until something really caught her eye. What were those Pokemon? They looked like a black and white Linoone on steroids. She walked up to one to see it up close and personal, to which the creature looked back at her curiously.

Cursing herself for not having her information pad on her, she looked over and found an attendant and asked him what those Pokemon were, to which the attendant replied. "You have never seen these before? They are like bouncers, what with their muscles and their imposing figures and such. They are the Dark/Normal-Type Obstagoon, which is the evolved form of a Galarian Linoone."

The poor attendant was then assaulted with more questions. The attendant realized who this was though and chuckled. "Really, Shade? You don't know what an Obstagoon is? Aren't they up your alley? Have you heard of Galar?"

Shade just shook her head and looked at the creature in awe. "Can I study him?"

"What?" The attendant just kind of looked at her strangely, his eyebrow cocked upwards and a very inquiring look in his eyes.

"I have never met an Obstagoon before. If he isn't too busy, do you mind if I study him?" Shade repeated, her gaze having not left the Obstagoon, to whom the creature just kind of looked warily at the researcher, as she had a very intense stare.

"Well, don't make them uncomfortable, but yea, there are more of them. They may have you study them later. For now, the opening battle ceremony is going to start soon. I suggest you find out about the participants and mingle before you start freaking out about the Galarian Pokemon."

With that, the two went their separate ways, with Shade wondering if this season was going to be easy. She had no idea what to expect from these creatures, as she had never seen them before. They looked amazing, though.

With that, she saw some kids walking up to the Victini fountain. Trying to seem inconspicuous, but doing a horrible job, she watched them from afar. She was wanting to see if there were any new Pokemon she hadn't seen, but apparently all she could see were Pokemon she had seen from past travels in other regions. Although, what did catch her eye was a guy with a Weavile heading over to Rebecca. The guy seemed familiar, but she didn't know why. Was he that new Dark-Type Elite Four member who replaced Grimsley? That Weavile looked to be very well taken care of and the guy seemed to be the correct height and build, and even the clothes were reminiscent of the guy. She couldn't quite recall his name though.

Regardless, she followed him silently and caught up to him. Hiding much of her appearance and shielding her eyes with the collar of the trench coat up and her fedora hanging down, she peeked over to the man. She put her hands in her pockets and looked quite relaxed as she talked with him.

"Hey, you seem quite familiar. Do I know you from somewhere?"

Last edited:
Bailey was about halfway to the group, when someone stopped him telling him he looked familiar to them. They appeared to be wearing a trench coat and fedora, which he found quite odd. His Weavile seemed to think so as well, giving her a weird look. "I don't believe we've ever met, but you might know me if you follow the Unova League. I'm the new Dark Type Elite Four, just got the spot recently. Why do you ask?"

That was when the name snapped in her head. Bailey. Meeting an Elite Four member was hard to come by, and the ones she really wanted to meet the most were the ones that shared a type proficiency with her, but they were either too busy or she was too busy and she could never meet one. Now was her chance, but she had to keep her face hidden.

But she looked up instinctually with bright, happy eyes filled with excitement that made the 30-year-old seem younger. "Oh my Arceus, it's so nice to finally meet an Elite Four member, especially one of the Dark-Type. I have tried to meet up with other Elite Four members, but they have either no time for me or I had no time for them. Oh, they were such shameful situations," Shade rambled, but stopped and then calmed down after clearing her throat. "Oh, uh... Sorry, I get excited about stuff like this. So-" a thought went through her head: Don't say it, don't say it.

But she kept going anyway: "the name's Shade. You must be Bailey. So nice to see you. I'm a genetics and a general Pokemon researcher," she held out her hand for a very firm and strong handshake, which some people wouldn't expect due to her trench coat seeming to hide her nicely toned muscle.

After her initial excitement died down, she cursed herself mentally. She revealed her multicolored eyes, her hair loosened itself from her excitement and is now in a very loose ponytail out of her hat, and she said her name... If the guy had no idea of her status as a Battle Master, then she still had some time to have some fun with acting like a spy, but she felt like that wasn't going to happen anytime soon due to so many compromising actions she did.

She then looked down at the Weavile and smiled warmly. "And your Weavile looks fantastic. I would have expected nothing less from an Elite Four member. How are you two, by the way? Oh, and let's get to Rebecca, we wouldn't want to miss a part of her speech."

After the handshake and getting an answer, she began walking quite energetically towards Rebecca, but she kept a good solid pace that was easy for the tall man to follow. Despite her shorter visage, she was quite quick with those legs.

Although, due to her getting some semblance of sleep last night (of course, her dark circles didn't exactly fade away over night, so they are just as prominent as they were yesterday), her energy began to fuel the speed of which her thoughts manifested and talked, zooming through her head at lightning speed.

You failed your mission! He will totally know who you are! What the hell was that all about? Why all the excitement? How can you not feel embarrassment for your actions? You should have been more mysterious because now he will totally think you are a pushover if he figures out that you are a Battle Master...

There was more of that tirade where that came from, but Shade just ignored it for the most part. Although, it did help to ease her beating heart and adrenaline. Being near the guy made her want to battle immediately. Maybe one unofficial match before the opening ceremony, but only if he didn't know who she was here. She checked to see where her card was, and it was still inside her trench coat and around her neck. That was good.

Then a thought popped in her head and, seeing that her hair was compromised anyway, she took her fedora off and took out her ponytail, her trench coat's sleeves moved back to show off her Mega Bracelet and her Z-Ring. Her hair flowed back down to its normal position before she asked a question with wondering eyes. "Oh uh, have you seen those things before?" She pointed at an Obstagoon. "Apparently they come from a place called Galar. Do you have anything on the species?"

Bailey is still entirely oblivious of Shade's rank as Battlemaster, he didn't exactly read up on the Spire after getting his invitation. "Oh you mean Obstagoon? Yeah, I have plenty of information on them and other Galarian Pokemon. They're really common over there, they can be pretty brutal if you mess with them though." Although being completely unaware of Shade's rank, Bailey still found it odd that she hid most of her appearance like that. "By the way, why are you bundled up so much? It's not like it's cold or anything."

Last edited:
<Ajax>
Ajax smiled wildly as he peered down at the mass of arriving participants from a top his Cryogonal, Zero. The pair had coined technique during a particular frigid albeit relaxed winter on Isle Nocturne, when the arrival of an artic storm had shut off the island temporarily from the outside world. It was during one of the few days of reprieve from the storm that the pair had discovered that with proper training Cryogonal could act as a means of aerial transportation much akin to sky-boards, though shaky at first with time Zero came to master this ability allowing the Ice-type unprecedented levels of agility as a result.
The pair continued to dart effortlessly high over the heads of the arriving participants, before launching into a steep dive directly toward Rebecca and the participants before pulling up at the last opportunity and circling around before finally landing slightly ahead of the huge mass of trainers
“Welcome Participants to the Battle Spire, I am Alexander James Xavier VII, but you guys can call me Ajax. I’m one of the Spire Master’s here and I look forward to watching how you all perform during your time here.” He smiled at the group hoping that his warm welcoming persona would lull them into a false sense of security. The smartest among them would have done research into what little amount of information existed regarding the Spire Master and would know he was no to be underestimated. Not to say he was threatened in any way, he knew many of those before him wouldn’t even make it through to battling the more experienced Battle Masters let alone a high ranking Spire Master such as himself. Still it did help to keep the participants on their toes.

<Hyōga>
“Likewise, never been here before but I have met some of the staff, Emily Jane’s an old family friend and Ajax... well let’s just say that Ajax and I have some history...” Hyōga smiled as he lifted his trainer ID card And begun tossing it idly between his hands. “So what’s your story? What brings you to the island?” @FantasyApprentice

<Celeste>
Celeste watched the arrival of the Argonautica from within the Spire, near on the of the top levels which was essentially an observation deck. Her phone rang and vibrated alerting her of a text message. The sound startled a sleeping Sylvia who was was resting on a comfy chair next to her. Celeste smiled a the photo of her younger cousin and showed it to Sylvia, she nodded in excitement, she could feel the anticipation and excitement within her trainer despite appearing calm, cool, and collected on the surface.

Sylvia sat up and looked out the window with her beloved trainer. Seeing the new comers gathering in front of the main reception building and going through the final registration process was something that Sylvia remembered fondly from several years ago, Celeste's excitement from receiving her invitation to the island directly from Champion Diantha was one of the greatest feelings she ever experienced.

"So, how are you feeling?" a female voice asked after the elevator doors opened.

Celeste and Sylvia turned around and to their surprise it was Diantha and following closely behind her was her Gardevoir. Celeste could only chuckle and laugh as the two embraced. "As good as I can be, It's so nice to see you here, I'm glad that you made it out here." Celeste nodded at the Gardevoir. Sylvia waved her ribbons at the Champion and her Pokémon.

"Well, I heard that the Grandmasters Battle Arena had finished remodeling, and I also wanted to take some time off for myself." Diantha knelt down and gently patted Sylvia and gently scratched behind her ears, Sylvia responded by nudging her head closer to her hand approvingly.

"Well, it's always so great to see you!" Celeste repeated she didn't exactly know what to say.

"I hear that you and Ceres are going to have the exhibition battle for the opening ceremony this evening. From what I know the new Grandmasters Arena has been redesigned to be like the gym arenas out in Galar, I think battles there are going to be quite spectacular, I almost want to have some battles there."

"Yea," Celeste sighed, "It's going to be hard, I'm getting a bit nervous about it. I'm not bothered about battling in front of crowds, but I've never battled in front of such a huge crowd, sure I've been televised but, that's different, and besides I'm against Ceres of all people...."

"C'mon, you two are old friends and battled one another countless times." Diantha laughed, "Or is it something else?"

"Well, I'm not used to battling in front of such a massive live crowd, while these types of spectacular battles are what Ceres grew up with, she's going to feel right at home in that new arena."

Diantha looked at Celeste with a raised eyebrow, "Are you really complaining about this right now?" she began to laugh. "I am absolutely sure you'll be fine, and I'm sure that Ceres is just as nervous about the battle as you are, probably for different reasons." she placed and assuring hand on Celeste's shoulder, "Now tell me about what you've been up to, I'm dying to know!"

<Ceres>
Ceres was sitting alone in the La Marina Cafe, a sub-sea-level restaurant underneath one of the Spire resorts, Its uniqueness comes from half of the cafe having a outcropping underwater, it's high domed ceiling and walls were add made of reinforced glass, while the interior decoration was made to look like a night time tropical paradise as not to disturb the underwater Pokémon too much. Ceres sipped from her cup of tea, enjoying a late afternoon snack of tea and biscuits. Whisper sat behind her chair looking out the windows and was looking a the water Pokémon outside. She thought that she's be more nervous about the exhibition battle, but on the contrary she was calm and focused. The only thing that was of concern to her was Celeste's Pokémon selection. Just then a flash of light erupted from one of her Pokéballs on the side of her dress, Moegami, her Cinderace, he stood next to Ceres table and looked around confidently. Whisper turned her head and nodded at the bunny.

Ceres looked at Moegami expectantly, he smiled and sat down in the chair across from her and started eating one of Ceres's biscuits. "Did you want to battle tonight?" Ceres asked after a few moments of watching the Striker Pokémon eat. Moegami nodded.

"Cind cind race!" He pointed at Ceres. <Let me face, Celeste! I can take down any of her Pokémon one-on-on!>

Ceres laughed, "I'm sorry Moegami, but when I initially asked no one volunteered except for Snips," Moegami looked at her with fiery determination, "how about this, next time we battle , you can be the followup to Xoa or Ferris?" Moegami backed down and sat back slightly pouting. "Aww come on, don't be like that! Here have another biscuit." Ceres offered while she laughed as Moegami took the biscuit without looking at her.

<Kari>
Kari was knocked sideways into Lyra who didn't even move or flinch by Kari's weight. She recovered without issue, "Whoa there, hey, cool Xatu, haven't seen these all too much." Kari looked at the indifferent bird that was chuckling a moment ago, but was now looking at seemingly nothing straight ahead. Kari shrugged, "I'm Kari, I just got here for the first time, how about you?" Shadow was inspecting the Xatu as well, curious and befuddled. @XanthousXatu

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Loki despised Weaviles, due to the fact his rival back in Johto used to sweep his team with one. “This is also my first time here, my name is Loki, Loki Primus.” He thought for a brief moment,” Hey, would you like to battle with me?” He seemed passionate about the topic of battles, just by his tone of voice.

"Sure, why not? But just as practice I don't want to do any official battles until after the opening ceremony, if that's okay with you." Various members of Kari's team seemed to be excited by the prospects of a battle, Sal, Umbra, and Lyra in particular. "How about a quick two Pokémon battle?" She looked around the plaza for an open arena.

Shade smiled widely at the fact that he knew much about the species. She then blurted out a question, completely oblivious to Ajax's show of transportation. "Oh, do you have anything, like a Pokedex, I could use? I forgot my information pad, so I can't look up any information on these Galar Pokemon."

When Bailey asked her why she was bundled up, Shade just gave him a wry smirk, a stark contrast to her bubbly appearance, which probably gave the impression that she had something up her sleeve. "Oh, if you want to know that reason, how about we do an unofficial one on one match? I have been here before, so I can show you the place that Rebecca will show you if she ends up leaving us. It seems you are new here, so I can show you the ropes just as easily," her tone of voice was starting to get excited and almost dangerous sounding. "I haven't fought an Elite Four member before, but knowing you are of my type proficiency, I know your Pokemon's behavioural patterns very well by study. And besides, my Hydreigon and I are itching to fight, and I promised him a good match before the opening ceremony. You on?"

The look in her eyes went from inquiring to scarily excited, what with her eyes completely wide open with a competitive gleam in them. But she almost seemed to go psychotic at the prospect of a fight.

Robin had reached the plaza, and had begun to set up his little traveling stuff. Setting his backpack aside, the swordsman opened it and put down a blanket with the assistance of Cherry. Next, Robin began to set out the various TMs, HMs, and TRs he had accumulated in his travels, arranging them by the prices he had on them. Robin seriously doubted that any trainers here would need them, but you never knew. Perhaps he would get some business here. Q merely leaned against a wall as Robin added the finishing touches, a small sign that advertised Robin's skills with Move Tutoring, Remembering, and Forgetting as well as prices for each of those services.

"Alright. A pretty good setup." Robin said, clapping his hands together.
"Plu, plu!" Cherry said cheerfully. But before Robin could sit down, a familiar voice called out to him. Robin looked over to see a familiar looking man with dark brown hair and a Gallade in tow approaching. Robin stood up as the Ed introduced himself. And that was when the name clicked.
"Hey, wait a minute! I know you. You were on the Johto team for the Pokemon Team World Tournament. You did... You did Double Battles, right?" Robin said. He grinned as stuck a hand out to Edward. "I'm Robin. Robin Deux. I did Triple Battles for the Johto Team."
"<Hello!>" Cherry said Kay, waving cheerfully to the other Gallade. Q kicked off from the wall he was leaning against, approaching Kay and Ed with a similar grin to his trainer.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Loki quickly sprinted to the nearest battlefield, his feet sliding a bit. He grabbed a Pokéball from his belt, while his Xatu followed suite. “Go, Axol!,” he threw the Pokéball on the ground. With a flash of white light, a Quagsire in the middle of eating an Old Gateau appeared. It took one last bite of it’s snack, then yawned, looking as derpy as possible. Though the Pokémon’s silly look, it’s trainer had a very determined face, like he knew the outcome of the battle, which of course is just a figure of speech.

Bailey looked at Shade with a smile when she suggested they battle. He'd been itching for a battle ever since he got on the boat, although the smirk she gave him told him he may be underestimating her. "If it's a battle you want, you're on!" He ran to the nearest battlefield and picked out which Pokemon he would use, returning his Weavile in the process.

Shade giggled lowly as she ran over to her side of the battlefield. In the excitement, she threw out a PokeBall as she twirled and, in a flash of light, a Hydreigon was revealed. His flying figure stayed silent as he was let out, a calm demeanor seemed to emanate from him, which was uncommon of his species, as they tended to be loud right before a battle by roaring or using a move to show their excitement and power as a form of intimidation. This Hydreigon did nothing of the sort, but stared intensely at Bailey as he decided which Pokemon to use. This Hydreigon did seem to be larger than most, being almost a whole foot larger and there were plenty of scars on his body from past battles.

He seemed to be almost too calm, and Shade seemed to hold the same demeanor now - a sharp contrast to her excitement from earlier. But her eyes still showed off excitement.

As Sophia was walking to the plaza, she decided to let out Chilli, her Cinderace, out of his pokeball to see the place. She threw the pokeball and Chilli came out. "This is it!" She said excitedly to him, "This is the plaza, have a look around and let's see who were up against!" Chilli squeaked in excitement and hopped off. Sophia ran behind him, trying to keep up with him. She wasn't looking where she was going and before she knew it, she had crashed into someone.

(@soxterluna She crashed into Luna)

Bailey finally picked out which Pokemon he would be using and sent out his own Hydreigon. Unlike Shade's, Bailey's Hydreigon came out with a loud roar and barely able to contain it's excitement. It flashed the opposing Hydreigon a confident look and went into a battle stance. "Let's get this show on the road, Hydreigon use Dragon Dance!" A red aura appeared around the Hydreigon and he let out a mighty roar once again, signalling a power boost. "Alright, now use Dragon Pulse!" The Hydreigon began charging a powerful blue beam in it's mouth, and fired it at the opposing Pokemon.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
After signing in with the required pieces of information, Talia entered the plaza. She looked around, a bedazzled gleam in her eyes. For the first time in a while, she was genuinely excited.
She had to suppress a squeal of joy, but quickly regained composure. She sat down, hoping someone would talk to her - she was not good at initiating conversations.

The Hydreigon stayed there, hovering on its six ragged wings. When the opposing Pokemon finally attacked, the Hydreigon quickly edged away from it and flew around the pulsating attack, while his own body coated itself in draconic energy. His speed was impressive, and his attack more so if it landed.

Funnily enough, Shade didn't tell him to do anything. He did it on his own. Shade's eyes gleamed with almost a brutal darkness as she yelled out at her Pokemon. "Go, Schwartz, show him your brutality!"

As she said that, Schwartz (pronounced as sch-vahr-tss) changed gears and pushed all the energy cloaking his body into his tail and he quickly whirled about from side to side to hit the other Hydreigon, aiming for the chest.

"Hydreigon, block it with Dragon Tail!" Bailey's Hydreigon moved to block the oncoming attacker and the two locked tails. The impact still caused a considerable amount of damage to his Hydreigon though, and he recoiled back after blocking the attack. "I've underestimated my opponent again..." He thought to himself. "Ok Hydreigon, all good? Use Dragon Dance again, then rush them! Show them what you're made of!" Once again, the Hydreigon surrounded itself with a red aura and let out a roar, then charged at it's opponent with more speed than before, once again surrounding itself with a dragon-like aura.

Schwartz just simply scoffed. Status moves were a waste of time. Even as the opposing Hydreigon was getting faster and stronger, it didn't mean anything to him.

The Life Orb dangled loosely around his neck by a tough twine when it began glowing. It did so when it was activated. Now it was serious.

The damage he got from the Dragon Tails locking for a second damaged him a bit, but he used his opponent's tail to push off and fly back to his trainer, only to go up suddenly. He kept climbing up in the air, and was waiting for the other Hydreigon to follow. If there is no air current going up, it would significantly drop the speed as the Pokemon climb, which Schwartz was experiencing.

Bailey's Hydreigon followed, at first not losing any of it's built up speed but eventually slowing down to about half of what it was going before. Although seeing that Hydreigon had slowed it's speed, Bailey didn't tell it to stop. He knew he could pull it off if he kept going. "Once you're up close, use Outrage!" Bailey yelled. His Hydreigon heard him as he began to charge a much brighter aura around him preparing to strike his opponent with the powerful move, and made one last push towards Schwartz.

Only minutes after the arrival on Veritas, it seemed like everyone was impatient to battle. A few matches were occurring here and there and, as expected, were quite intense. Lorenne was exploring the general area near the docks, not too far from the other trainers, when Polka began to tug on his trainers sleeve.

@EeviumZ

“What is it? If you’re hungry, I’m sure it can wait...” The Wigglytuff shook his head, and instead gestured to another trainer sitting nearby. Going off of facial expression alone, the girl seemed to be brimming with excitement, yet she opted to sit quietly rather than explore. “Do you want to go meet her?” Lorenne gave her Pokémon a gentle nudge. “Maybe it would be a good idea, we can’t go the whole trip without making any friends, right?” Polka hardly listened to the whole sentence, and instead bounced over to Talia, stopping in front of her feet. Polka chirped several times in greeting. Lorenne was quick to follow her overexcited Pokémon, with an apologetic expression.

“Hello. Sorry about this one,” She gestured to Polka. “pestering people is just one of his hobbies. He can’t help himself. I’m Lorenne, by the way. And you?”

"That's right! I wasn't expecting to run into someone I'd already met here!" Edward accepted the handshake with a smile. Although... meeting someone from that event brought back some not-so-great memories of what had happened after. Maybe I was too hard on myself, but at least it worked out in the end. He hastily cleared his mind and looked back to the other trainer. "So, Robin, I seem to recall your Gallade putting on an impressive show. Given that he and Kay appear to be already acquainted, what do you say to a Gallade battle for our first battle at the Spire?"

Kay, hearing his trainer's challenge to Robin, let out a rare grin. <I am fine with this.> he said, looking at Q, <What of you?>

The neon lights embedded into the ground lit up as Kari joined Loki at the arena, before stepping to her side, a small pedestal rose up from the ground next to the arena. Kari walked up to it and looked, it had a small circular screen with a slot for their trainer cards on either side that were currently closed. The circular screen was simply split in half, one read: 'Challenge Battle' the other read: 'Practice Battle.' Kari pressed Practice Battle and the little pedestal retracted back into the ground.

Kari ran to the opposite side of Loki her team were still out of their Pokéballs and were waiting for her. "Umbra, take the field!" the silent Greninja vanished from the group in a puff of smoke and reappeared in the arena in his signature crouching stance. staring intensely at the enemy Quagsire. The rest of Kari's party stood behind her and cheered on their teammate. "Lets go!" Kari cheered excitedly throwing her fist into the air. Umbra's entire body flashed green as Protean kicked into effect, Umbra stood up and held his right hand in font of him and his left hand extended into the air. Massive blades of grass erupted around the Quagsire preparing to wrap around and tie it down with Grass Knot.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
@Condor

The young woman smiled, looking down at the Wigglytuff at her feet. She glanced up at the trainer who had introduced herself, returning her smile.
"My name's Talia. Pleased to meet you! Oh - and don't worry about the Wigglytuff. I'm used to it... it happens a lot when you have a younger sibling." She chuckled slightly.
A flash appeared at her side, and her signature Pokemon popped out of her sphere: Harmony the Togekiss. Talia had opted to give the Jubilee Pokemon a rest, but it seemed Harmony had other ideas.
"Toge-toge?" Harmony twittered, settling on the ground next to Polka. Sensing the happiness in the Normal and Fairy type, Harmony made a excited chirp, spinning around.
"Oh, and this is Harmony. She's my partner Pokemon. And she's quite the extrovert, as you can see." Harmony looked overjoyed, happy to be interacting with another Fairy-type.

As Schwartz made his way up, he heard the Hydreigon below him start an attack. He flipped over immediately, facing the Hydreigon and a royal blue meteor shaped ball grew right at the front of his face before he fired the Draco Meteor at near point blank range. It was like a shotgun blast, but large and slower meteors instead of bullets. This allowed him to dive past the Hydreigon and the dive gave him enough momentum to go up and attack with all three of his heads: one head had fire, the other had ice, and the middle head had lightning as he unleashed his Tri Attack.

Luna
~~~~
Luna was glancing at these people in awe, but he had to quickly hide his Pokémon, after all, people having type advantages against him won’t be very fun for him, although most of his team can counter each other’s weaknesses.

He saw other members of the Spire but he didn’t need to bother with them at the moment. He just loved watching all these people. Who could already see people fighting at the plaza, although to him, it looked like child’s play. "Well, I guess I should go outside, I’d like to talk to some of these people." Luna put on his 2 jackets, which kept people from seeing his weak appearance, and had his gloves on. To simply change his whole appearance, all he had to do was remove his pigtails. He was now what seemed to be a girl with light blue hair covered in an odd amount of clothes.

He walked out into the sunshine and could feel the warmth. "Ah crap, I don’t have an excuse to enter a conversation," Luna quietly scolded himself. He just decided to go around and see if someone wanted to pick a conversation with him.

He bumped into a girl and fell down, "Oh I’m so sorry ma’am! I didn’t see you there!" His expression was completely embarrassed, "How did I not see that?" He thought to himself.
~~~~
Akabane
~~~~
Akabane could see an intense battle with, 2 people and immediately recognized one of them, "Bailey?!?!" She exclaimed. She quickly covered her mouth and walked over to see the fight. She sat on her Skarmory and Merry took her up and above the 2. It was, indeed a very interesting. An elite 4 member versus someone she couldn’t recognize, probably because of the layers of clothes the person had on them.

She watched the 2 for a while and got bored, they weren’t doing very much and it would be what Luna would call, "Basic Battle". Merry flew Akabane around a little, and Akabane remembered that she could fight someone, of course if they accepted the challenge. "Look! It’s Robin!" It wasn’t very hard for Akabane to remember a face like that, after that little trauma she gave him.

Merry knew what Akabane was thinking and flew down to Robin. He was with another man and before Akabane said it, Shedletsky had covered them in a coat, that made them nearly invisible. She creeped up just a little, and her coat wore off. She was right behind Robin, "BOO!"
~~~~

"Ok Hydreigon, grab the Draco Meteor with your tail and lob it back at your opponent!" Hydreigon waited for the right moment, then successfully grabbed the hurtling meteor and threw it back at Schwartz. All three heads were panting now, that had obviously taken a lot out of him. The Tri-Attack hits him directly in the neck causing him to roar in pain, this just aggravated him further as well as causing some serious damage to his neck. "Now, lets finish this with Hyper Beam!" Hydreigon began charging three small beams in all of it's heads and fired, the three beams slowly crossed into one large beam as it raced towards Schwartz.

Now, it was time to get brutal.

Schwartz, feeling the life get sucked out of him as the Tri Attack hit, was starting to see red. Shade noticed his change in demeanor and began to worry. Hopefully this would knock him out soon because if he doesn't, Bailey's Hydreigon could get into trouble.

Schwartz, still being near the Hydreigon, had dodged the meteor, as it was thrown at him while he was trying to hit with Tri Attack. The Hyper Beam would be a close-range shot if Schwartz had held still. Right before they fired, he twirled under and used Brutal Swing, aiming his head and tail for the stomach. Flapping his wings some more, he then tried to smash his head, with Headbutt, at stomach. Finally, during all of this, he was trying to grab on with one of his jaws with Crunch and Bite, either to his tail or his wing and try and bring the Hydreigon down if he managed to grapple the creature.

The entire time, he was letting out this horrible roar that sounded partially like a battle cry and a horrified scream.

"Yeah, sure thing!" Robin said. Q nodded with a grin on his face, clearly excited for the fight.
"<Hey, hey. I can see that smile. Let's see if I can get you to loosen up, huh? Relax!>" Q said in a teasing tone, hopping from one foot to the other. Robin turned and was about to retrieve something from his bag when Akabane suddenly appeared in front of him. The swordsman flinched back in surprise at her sudden appearance, but relaxed and grinned when he realized who it was.
"Hey, Akabane! How's it going?" Robin said, stepping around the woman and her Pokemon to reach his backpack. "You managed to catch me and Q about to battle my friend here. Oh, this is Edward by the way. He's pretty chill. We worked together in a tournament once."
Robin gestured to Edward as he rummaged around in his bag. But it only took Robin a moment of searching for him to find Q's Scope Lens, which he tossed to the Gallade.
"<Hello again!>" Cherry said cheerfully to Akabane's Pokemon.

Q caught the scope without even a second glance, easily sliding it onto his face with a practiced move. Now ready for the fight, Q did a few practice kicks and punches before taking a fighting stance. Robin took a position a distance away from Edward and Kay doing a quick flourish with his sword as he did so. As the swordsman sheathed his sword, the outline of a battlefield glowed where the trainers were standing. A pedestal rose up near the new battlefield, with slots for both trainers to put their cards in. Robin pressed 'Challenge Battle', inserting his trainer card. Now he just had to wait for Edward to insert his card.

Sensing the battle about to begin, Cherry ran over to the sidelines of the battlefield. She concentrated for a moment, and two balls of sparks and electricity formed on her paws. Holding them in her hands like pom-poms, the Plusle began to cheer.
"<Go, Q! Go, Q! You can do it!>" Cherry cheered.

Hydreigon, still drained from throwing a meteor and Hyper Beam, didn't have the energy to dodge and was successfully grappled by Schwartz, Bailey knew he had to act fast as this could lead to Hydreigon fainting. An idea formed in his head, one that would surely knock Hydreigon out if it failed but if it didn't, it might at least end in a draw or even a win. While he contemplated the idea however, Hydreigon had gone into a frenzy after being grappled, using whatever little energy it had left trying to break out of Schwartz's grip. "Quick, use Outrage!" Hearing it's trainers command, Hydreigon quickly began charging the move with what little energy it had remaining.

Edward's mouth widened in a grin of his own. His first battle at this place, and it was already shaping up to be interesting. Without hesitating, he also inserted his card into the slot, affirming the "Challenge Battle" selection. The training wheels are off! Although, I probably shouldn't give Kay his mega stone for this battle. It's a pretty low-stakes match, so there isn't really a point, and we'd lose the element of surprise. Rummaging briefly through his bag, Edward pulled out a length of cloth - Kay's old Expert Belt - and tossed it to the Gallade, who caught it deftly and tied it around his waist.

Warming up for the battle, Kay shifted fluidly between several offensive and defensive stances, occasionally throwing in a powerful slashing strike. His style relied on quality over quantity - that is, waiting for the perfect opportunity to arrive, then striking a devastating blow. Content with his memory of forms, Kay followed the others into the battlefield, bowing to his opponent before dropping into a watchful defensive stance.

"You're a move tutor, right?" Edward directed this rhetorical question towards Robin. "Then you may be familiar with this technique: Laser Focus!" Kay's irises glowed blue as his eyes darted over his opponent, analyzing and determining the perfect place to strike.

Schwartz realized his mistake, but it was too late. The energy enveloped him and began to batter at his entire body, almost feeling like it was burning him. In one fit of rage, he used his big head and attempted to bite down on either the Hydreigon's chest or his main neck, completely forgetting that this was a battle and not a fight for life, his instincts kicked in and now he was going for the kill. But the constant drain from the Life Orb seemed to take its toll. Even now as he a was grappled on, the orb was stealing his life energy and glowing.

Due to the attack and the Life Orb eating him away, he lost his grip and slowly glided down back to the ground. Though, the Hydreigon was still conscious, he was very weak and was unable to really move much. And then, his wings stopped supporting him and he fell from the sky. He was knocked out.

Shade looked up at the two Pokemon with a worried expression. She pulled out his PokeBall and returned Schwartz, only to reveal him once again on the ground. He had burn marks from the Outrage, and a massive bruise on his tail, as well as just a weaker appearance due to the Life Orb taking his energy.

Last edited:
Right when Edward kicked off the battle, Q didn't hesitate. Robin didn't even need to give a command to his Gallade. Q charged towards Kay, the Scope Lens scanning the other Gallade for weak points. He attempted to take advantage of the fact that Kay had to focus on using Laser Focus. The fact Kay wasn't moving and putting his effort into scanning Q would hopefully make him an easy target. Q slashed out at Kay with a Psycho Cut technique, his arm blade becoming covered in a psychic energy as he slashed at the opposing Gallade.

Robin smiled at the choice of his opponent's move, sticking his hands in his pocket.
"That's pretty cool. But Laser Focus is a little slow for my taste." Robin called over to Edward. "But hey, using focused attacks! Another man of culture."
On the sidelines, Cherry continued to cheer for Q.
"<Go Q! Go Q! Ra ra ra!>" Cherry exclaimed jumping around and waving her electric pom poms like crazy.

Bailey returned Hydreigon before he crashed into the ground, releasing him again completely drained of energy and unable to go on. "Wow, that was a great battle. You're stronger than I thought you'd be." He said to Shade. He returned Hydreigon to his Pokeball once again for him to rest, he'd probably need to get him to a Pokemon Center though. "Looks like we still haven't missed Rebecca's speech, you wouldn't mind heading over there now?"