• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Dark Tournament

Should the NPC have shown Nightmares

• yes- more depth and environment

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • no-takes away from the pcs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Both profiles look solid to me you have my approval

Ok so had a chat with one of the mods. The result is if you guys are here you can participate in whatever threads you want. I tagged this so if a post gets to dark for you please tell me and just don't read it. If it is one targeted at your character I will just sum it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha! Give me your best shot! Well, once TepigTurtwig approves of Hinako.
In the meantime can I just say that I like that you went through the trouble of finding an image for the resort. I hope you'll continue this trend throughout the story.

I like your Liepard set a lot. Snatch and Encore are a nice change of pace from a bunch of people with all out slugger pokemon.
I would also like to take this post to thank people with healing or weaker pokemon. Thanks for adding diversity to our roster.
Thanks Tepig! I actually wanted to add more non-damaging moves to her set like Torment or Taunt instead of Play Rough, but then I figured she wouldn't be able to take out opponents on her own. :p

Also, I really didn't want to cram all of Cassie's bio on here, so, if you want the complete version, find it here http://pokecharms.com/threads/mainstream-prp-character-bios.36/page-15#post-242819 (Mainstream PRP Character Bios)

I love all that work on the bio, thanks!
Anyway, this post is a little bit different than usual. Below is a list of unique things to do with your pokemon, so we can get some diversity up in here. Anyone else who wants to post on this forum, challenge yourselves to get atleast 10 points on this list below:
Does your pokemon?
1. Have support moves? (2)
2. Have moves like taunt, encore, snatch, ect. ? (3)
3. Have any damaging moves mainly used for their secondary effect, like thief or knock off? (1)
4. Have a way of setting up another pokemon, through moves like weather effects? (4)
5. Synergize with other pokemon from a story standpoint? (Like, can your zangoose be in a rivalry with someone else's seviper, or other such things) (5)
Is your pokemon?
1. A non-final stage? (And don't tell me this makes you weak. Eviolites ftw.) (4)
2. Able to fit a certain story niche? ( Like, can yours be a gatherer that just goes around collecting thing, or can they show that their trainer is will learn from the others, ect.) (3)
3. NOT in a close bond with its trainer? (This may sound strange, but if you can pull off a trainer that picked a mon that doesn't like them due to the mons power, but they learn to trust each other from this fiasco) (4)
4. Taking charge of you in this event? (A mon that is leading its trainer in this survival situation. Can you imagine the possibilities?) (4)
5. Not just a battler? (1)

If you score lower than 2 on this chart, I suggest you try and change that. Otherwise, the story will feel really bland and tasteless.

Oh, and I forgot to give you my Charizard's moveset:
Sunny Day, Flamethrower, Solarbeam, Roost

Interesting list. I suppose when I heard single-Pokemon-tournament I initially put a Pokemon together I thought would stand well by itself, but the more I see the story grow the more I'm thinking some utility would be nicer. Luckily I purposely haven't introduced my final pick yet in the RP thus far. So I can flesh out the other Pokemon Salem has and see if there might be one that would make for a more interesting story.

Well, I scored a 12 on that test! Also, thank you again, Tepig! I decided to change Play Rough with Thief as well, since in hindsight, that's her strongest skill as an individual Liepard. I probably could get the five points from question number two if it weren't for Lady being so individualistic and.. self-centered.

That Liepard is tricky, but it's building character, I love that. I have no idea what personality to give Floyds Starmie, It says in Pokedex entries that it does weird stuff like sending radio waves into space. I don't think there's much to go off of.

Hehe, gotta love Dark types right? They've got a lot of personality XD

Oh! @SUPERRNOVAA maybe your Starmie can be like, really interested in the sky and stars and such, and behave like it's communicating to something up there? Having him jumping onto stuff is a good start, he'd probably want to be somewhere up high haha

Edit: Also, a question to either Astral or Tepig, but when the real plot comes rolling in with the feral wild pokemon attacking, would we still be limited to the four chosen moves? Because by then, I imagine the tournaments rules would hardly apply anymore. Unless... Defeating the wild Pokemon with only four moves actually is the tournament?? Because that would be quite an interesting twist!!

Last edited:
Nah man, constructive images are always appreciated. You just have to make sure they are accurate representations of what you intend or otherwise specify how we're supposed to be looking at it, otherwise we might get conflicting metal images of how things are.

Hehe, gotta love Dark types right? They've got a lot of personality XD

Oh! @SUPERRNOVAA maybe your Starmie can be like, really interested in the sky and stars and such, and behave like it's communicating to something up there? Having him jumping onto stuff is a good start, he'd probably want to be somewhere up high haha

Edit: Also, a question to either Astral or Tepig, but when the real plot comes rolling in with the feral wild pokemon attacking, would we still be limited to the four chosen moves? Because by then, I imagine the tournaments rules would hardly apply anymore. Unless... Defeating the wild Pokemon with only four moves actually is the tournament?? Because that would be quite an interesting twist!!

I would personally vote that we stick to four moves, as, in the current anime and the games, that is the maximum amount a pokemon can know at a time.

Looking forward to it. Oh and can I just say that I really enjoyed how you handled the Kanto desk receptionist. Initially I decided to merely use my interaction with her to show off a bit of Salem's good natured personality and nothing more. But I was pleasantly surprised to see you immediately give her a character with name and goal. This gives me a lot of faith for the rest of the campaign and motivates me to stay open to any and all characters walking around, not just the player controlled ones. I'm looking forward to seeing Megan appear again somewhere later in the story and I hope she manages to enjoy the tournament a bit before she gets overworked. :p

Here is a bit more information on Salem's Pokemon. In case it wasn't clear before, Salem is more of a wanderer than a proper trainer. While he's been traveling for some time now it has always been more about enjoying the journey than reaching a destination. Because of this he doesn't have many Pokemon, in fact, these five are all of his Pokemon:

Pokemon: Nidoqueen (Hinako)
Ability: Poison Point
Moves: Body Slam, Venoshock, Smack Down, Earthquake
Description: Hinako is a powerful and balanced Pokemon. She has a serious demeanor and often worries about her trainer and his carefree persona. Quite often she is the pillar that keeps him grounded, and being her trainer’s oldest companion she feels it her responsibility to keep the other Pokemon in check.

Pokemon: Blastoise (Ajax)
Ability: Rain Dish
Moves: Aqua Ring, Skull Bash, Surf, Water Pulse
Description: Ajax is the biggest Pokemon on Salem’s team and one who enjoys a challenge most. He eagerly takes to feats where he can show of his prowess and has been like this ever since he joined Salem as a Wartoirtle. It is Ajax’s desire for competition which led to Salem challenging some of the Gyms they came across on their journey.

Pokemon: Ninetales (Kaguya)
Ability: Flash Fire
Moves: Sunny Day, Firespin, Attract, Inferno
Description: Kaguya is strong and beautiful and very much aware of these traits. She is very self-centered and treats her trainer more like a servant or caretaker. She enjoys, and even expects to be admired by others. Kaguya seems to have a bit of a rivalry going on with Hinako.

Pokemon: Exeggcutor (Jeeves)
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moves: Hypnosis, Seed Bomb, Grassy Terrain, Solar Beam
Description: Jeeves and Salem are thick as thieves. The pair bonded over indulging their lazy whims on a tropical beach one day and have been together ever since. They seem to be of one mind when it comes to making the most of every day.

Pokemon: Chansey (Lenalee)
Ability: Healer
Moves: Safeguard, Heal Pulse, Light Screen, Return
Description: Lenalee is an innocent and empathic Pokemon who just wishes to see everyone happy and healthy. She is prone to panic when she detects distress in others and will pull crazy antics in an attempt to make things better. She adores Kayuga but gets confused about the latter’s connection with her trainer.

Last edited:
I have to say that I like Delilah. I wasn't too sure at the start but her vigor is infectious. She seems way out there at first glance but I find myself nodding along with her world views.

Let the story build. I enjoy seeing the characters grow into their skin and getting used to the setting. Besides, any dark stuff that happens later on will be that much more meaningful and intense the more rounded the narrative and relations.

Also, I'm still getting used to Forum based RP and am reading up on everything Pokemon beyond Gen 1. :p
Don't take it slow on my account though. I purposely made Salem mostly only familiar with Kanto so that he and I can learn together.

Last edited:
Amara Landos XD
Cassie beat the League and Champ but refused the title, plus that was like, 4 years ago
Why is everyone beating the Sinnoh League. In the games, and anime, it was the most difficult league BY FAR, until the Kalos League overtook it in the anime, due to the megas galore. Like, pick on the Kanto and Johto leagues, guys. They were easy and could be defeated with one overleveled mon.
Oh, and does anyone realize my cookie pun yet? It is super duper suttle, but I just realized it. A cookie can be put on a website to track viewers' activities on the website. Kinda like how Efret is currently keeping tabs on the organization's actions on the island. Island = Website, Efret = Cookie, Organization = Viewers. If that doesn't spell it out, nothing will.

To Cassie's credit, she actually went and gathered all of Unova's badges first before coming to Sinnoh and repeating the process. She didn't take on Unova's League, but it took her eight or so years to accomplish everything, and in my opinion, she'd have enough experience to challenge Sinnoh's League. In addition, she's even been battling years before her journey started, her mother being a veteran trainer who taught her the trade, added by theoretical knowledge from her father who is a scientist. There's room for argument here, but I think that's quite reasonable.