• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Dark Tournament

Should the NPC have shown Nightmares

• yes- more depth and environment

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • no-takes away from the pcs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No, I'm just using a laptop to watch the videos. Australia does regulate a lot of what we can watch,
especially if it involves copyright laws. I honestly couldn't be bothered searching for a trustworthy vpn at this point.

I am glad you like. I must admit that I spend the most time deciding on something for Cassie and almost gave up altogether because she just seems to have so much history that I don't know about. But I got the sense that while she has a tragic story, she's actually a strong and hopeful person underneath, so I went with that.
Wow, you got her down about 95 percent there, well done! XD I'm very flattered you took the time and effort to search for just the right song for her, and I appreciate that a lot. :)

I only managed to get it right because of the information you're providing in your writing. Good job on that. I am looking forward to discover more about Cassie and am curious to see if any of the other characters here will actually learn some of it. Should make for some nice RP opportunities.

So I found myself in a mood and went around looking for theme songs I could imagine being played for the characters as they enter the stage of the tournament.

Tournament Opening
Aidinia Moon
Alex Weston
Amara Landos
Cassandra Michaels
Delilah Jones
Dr. Nevashi
Drake Valentine
Enfren
Floyd Johnstone
Kossetsu Chikyu
Mathew
Salem Archon
Willamina Soren Daniels the Third

Might add more if I find something I like, and might alter ones if, once I get to know the characters better I find a theme doesn't fit anymore.

Whoa! That's badass! I could totally imagine Delilah rocking out to that song :3

On a side note, this hotel is a damn circus XD I can't imagine people trying to relax would have an easy time of it.

I only managed to get it right because of the information you're providing in your writing. Good job on that. I am looking forward to discover more about Cassie and am curious to see if any of the other characters here will actually learn some of it. Should make for some nice RP opportunities.
Oh, I will definitely include Cassie's war flashbacks later on XD As for her sharing it, I guess she'd have to trust someone to, or challenged into telling it. We'll see.

When bad things start happening in the story and the tournament truly turns Dark, some of us might instinctively draw closer to Cassie, who I imagine would have a better handle on herself due to past experiences. Either that or she'll crack in places because there is only so much shit anyone can really handle. Regardless, she'll have a friend in Salem since Cassie was kind enough to locate his lost belongings and actually took the time to find him and return them. She's such a sweet person :angel:

Hey guys, I would like to announce my semi-goodbye from the page. I will no longer have a character on that page, however, I hope to continue officiating battles and watching your characters, all of which are so much better developed than mine was, grow. In case I am not around for a battle, and someone else(Impartial) wishes to partake in officiating, here is my template. All officiating will be posted here, so make sure to check back often.

All pvp battles of any sort are to consist of 4-10 rounds, the number being decided by the battlers. If they want separate numbers, take the average. In every round, each competitor gets one post. The more experienced rper will go first on every round. However, the action is fluent, so you can react to what happened last round in the next round. Now, to judge who wins, these categories are rated, each out of five, and the combined points of every category for every round is measured to see who wins. The winner will get to decided how the want the battle to end, but they cannot kill off the other person unless given permission by that person.

The categories:
Effort: Effort does not necessarily mean longest post, do not think of it that way. It mostly focuses on how in character you remain, and how you try to fit in the other person's post in your own.
Fairness: Fairness is pretty much a measure of how godmody you are, with more godmode meaning lower score. Remember, your pokemon can't dodge every move. Also, no actually landing any actual damaging hits on them. A slight shove is fine, but not a full power stab.
Detail: How much detail you put in the post. Describe surroundings, your pokemon, and, especially, Your Character's Thinking and Dialogue. I put that in bold because it really shows who your character is, and makes your battles unique. Delilah's use of a raichu would be very different from Cassie's use of a raichu.
Creativity: How clever and creative you are. This could be in strategy, in surroundings, or in how you make a mundane thing happen. A high scorer in this category would dodge an arm thrust by dancing, or a hyper voice by using echoed voice on the floor, bouncing the hyper voice away. I added this category to really add uniqueness and interest to a battle.

When bad things start happening in the story and the tournament truly turns Dark, some of us might instinctively draw closer to Cassie, who I imagine would have a better handle on herself due to past experiences. Either that or she'll crack in places because there is only so much shit anyone can really handle. Regardless, she'll have a friend in Salem since Cassie was kind enough to locate his lost belongings and actually took the time to find him and return them. She's such a sweet person :angel:
She didn't really locate his things, she just took them from Lady before the Liepard scattered them, though. Plus, she happened to bump into him again at the hotel reception and the only real generosity she paid him was not selling his belongings and stealing from his wallet XD She wouldn't go through the length of effort you described unless Salem had saved her life or she owed something to him. Strangers crowding around her during situations where she'd rather just save her own skin will be one major pain in the ass for her to be honest though haha

Cassie is kind of Tsun-Tsun Dere-Dere.
I'm not a weeb, I swear.
Well, Cassie is... Something, I guess XD But she does have her moments.

I used to be, up until I went to Japan 2 months ago. Now I'm just a fan who actually know what he's talking about when it comes to that awesome country.
Shut up, I was just in Japan two months ago!! It's such an amazing country, I wish I could've stayed longer and explore every inch of it! I definitely paid a visit to the Pokemon Center Mega Tokyo though.

Hey guys, I would like to announce my semi-goodbye from the page. I will no longer have a character on that page, however, I hope to continue officiating battles and watching your characters, all of which are so much better developed than mine was, grow. In case I am not around for a battle, and someone else(Impartial) wishes to partake in officiating, here is my template. All officiating will be posted here, so make sure to check back often.

All pvp battles of any sort are to consist of 4-10 rounds, the number being decided by the battlers. If they want separate numbers, take the average. In every round, each competitor gets one post. The more experienced rper will go first on every round. However, the action is fluent, so you can react to what happened last round in the next round. Now, to judge who wins, these categories are rated, each out of five, and the combined points of every category for every round is measured to see who wins. The winner will get to decided how the want the battle to end, but they cannot kill off the other person unless given permission by that person.

The categories:
Effort: Effort does not necessarily mean longest post, do not think of it that way. It mostly focuses on how in character you remain, and how you try to fit in the other person's post in your own.
Fairness: Fairness is pretty much a measure of how godmody you are, with more godmode meaning lower score. Remember, your pokemon can't dodge every move. Also, no actually landing any actual damaging hits on them. A slight shove is fine, but not a full power stab.
Detail: How much detail you put in the post. Describe surroundings, your pokemon, and, especially, Your Character's Thinking and Dialogue. I put that in bold because it really shows who your character is, and makes your battles unique. Delilah's use of a raichu would be very different from Cassie's use of a raichu.
Creativity: How clever and creative you are. This could be in strategy, in surroundings, or in how you make a mundane thing happen. A high scorer in this category would dodge an arm thrust by dancing, or a hyper voice by using echoed voice on the floor, bouncing the hyper voice away. I added this category to really add uniqueness and interest to a battle.
Thanks for the info, Tepig. The judging criteria is really helpful.

She didn't really locate his things, she just took them from Lady before the Liepard scattered them, though. Plus, she happened to bump into him again at the hotel reception and the only real generosity she paid him was not selling his belongings and stealing from his wallet XD She wouldn't go through the length of effort you described unless Salem had saved her life or she owed something to him.
Hey, I'm just telling you how it all looked from Salem's point of view. Cassie's this really nice girl with a very sweet Pokemon when came to his rescue right when he needed it.

Shut up, I was just in Japan two months ago!! It's such an amazing country, I wish I could've stayed longer and explore every inch of it! I definitely paid a visit to the Pokemon Center Mega Tokyo though.
Hah! That's awesome. I visited the Pokemon Center in Yokohama. Kinda stumbled into it really. And I know exactly what you mean about wanting to stay longer. I was actually a little depressed for about week after I got back to my own country. Japan's such an amazing place.

Hey, I'm just telling you how it all looked from Salem's point of view. Cassie's this really nice girl with a very sweet Pokemon when came to his rescue right when he needed it.
Aahh, right XD

Hah! That's awesome. I visited the Pokemon Center in Yokohama. Kinda stumbled into it really. And I know exactly what you mean about wanting to stay longer. I was actually a little depressed for about week after I got back to my own country. Japan's such an amazing place.
I know right? I felt honestly sad about leaving Japan on my last night there, and couldn't stop thinking about it once I got back home. Definitely gonna come back there again someday.

All pvp battles of any sort are to consist of 4-10 rounds, the number being decided by the battlers. If they want separate numbers, take the average. In every round, each competitor gets one post. The more experienced rper will go first on every round. However, the action is fluent, so you can react to what happened last round in the next round.

Tepig, all of the rules and criteria you've laid out are gonna be extremely helpful and I thank you for that.
It's kind of a shame that your opting out but I'm sure you have your reasons. :)

She didn't really locate his things, she just took them from Lady before the Liepard scattered them, though. Plus, she happened to bump into him again at the hotel reception and the only real generosity she paid him was not selling his belongings and stealing from his wallet XD She wouldn't go through the length of effort you described unless Salem had saved her life or she owed something to him. Strangers crowding around her during situations where she'd rather just save her own skin will be one major pain in the ass for her to be honest though haha

Well, Cassie is... Something, I guess XD But she does have her moments.

Thanks for the info, Tepig. The judging criteria is really helpful.

I used to be, up until I went to Japan 2 months ago. Now I'm just a fan who actually know what he's talking about when it comes to that awesome country.

Stop making me jealous you two! I really wanna go to Japan one day.

I went to Hawaii for my Aunties wedding only a month ago.
I have to say, Hawaii is a lot more commercialized then you'd think. Honolulu is chock full of hotels, resorts and people on corners trying to get you to join their gun club at the shooting range in the alleyway next to McDonalds. That was no exaggeration, people kept trying to get our attention while we were walking down the street to sell us deals on tours 'n' stuff. We ended up just ignoring them for the most part.

Tepig, all of the rules and criteria you've laid out are gonna be extremely helpful and I thank you for that.
It's kind of a shame that your opting out but I'm sure you have your reasons. :)

I have to say, Hawaii is a lot more commercialized then you'd think. Honolulu is chock full of hotels, resorts and people on corners trying to get you to join their gun club at the shooting range in the alleyway next to McDonalds. That was no exaggeration, people kept trying to get our attention while we were walking down the street to sell us deals on tours 'n' stuff. We ended up just ignoring them for the most part.
I went to Hawaii recently too, I don't see why people love it so much. The best parts for me was how fast the wifi was, and when we went to a sky restaurant. I also stayed in honolulu. Only pokemon I could see them put in the Alola version of it is a hobo pokemon.

I don't think Hawaii is ever going to be on my travel list, even before I read your post about it. :p I live in Indonesia, and we have Bali and Lombok, which, you can say are our own little Hawaii.

You guys are selling me on Japan. I need to plan a trip there as soon as funds permit me to lol
But yes, go to Japan lol

They have all the American fast food joints as well, only with extra food options, better service and the occasional event. I personally love Japanese cuisine and had a list of things to eat I was slowly working through while there. If I had to pick one thing I would probably miss the most is walking past the the convenient store to pick up some Onigiri every morning.

Hawaii I've never been but always heard it was basically just an American resort, more so even than Aruba where I have been. Nothing wrong with that if that's what you want of course. Just don't go expecting some magical culture shock.

I'm from the Netherlands myself, but spend some years on one of the islands in the Caribbean, and some months in England. Other than that I've just traveled a lot to various countries and with many more still on the horizon. :)

Well, back on the topic of RP and characters. I've been looking around the internet a bit looking for images of characters that I think could resemble Salem, to give you guys maybe a bit more of an impression. And I found that the closest match is Sharrkan, a character from the manga Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic. So when you picture Salem just imagine this guy, with Pokeballs instead of a sword, no golden chains, and somewhat more conventional clothing, though not necessarily more modest :p

The only image that I found resembles Floyd is my profile picture. I do have another picture, but I'll save that for a scene of some kind.
I'm not sure if he's a character from an anime/manga or just some random piece of art that someone just drew up one day. Either way, it's the closest I've gotten so far.

I'm gonna try and get some art commissioned for Delilah at some point. I also want to get some art done for my newest character Diana.

On a side note I truly can't wait to see how dark this RP will be. Especially since a lot of goofines is going on lol

They're all white, though. So it's kinda hard XD The closest I could find just by googling right now is the bee girl from Teen Titans.

251ab4796077de25512ae6579fc397b9.jpg

So I've been reading up a bit more on Pokemon battles, with all their new options, and have been thinking a bit about it from an Role Play perspective. Not just on how certain attacks would look but more on how Salem's journey with Ajax would have shaped them both. With that in mind I would like to make a small adjustment to Ajax's move list, which would now be: Aqua Ring, Skull Bash, Surf, Water Pulse
I hope this is okay?

I like it
Thanks, also sorry to hear you drop out of the story man, but cool you're sticking around to enjoy the story and help us figure out how many turns it takes for Delilah to beat everyone else.

Also, welcome AesgirFenrir,
I like the Pokemon trainer combination you went for, especially from a narrative point of view. And man did you steamroll your introduction. You caught up in a single post! But that's good. Now we can more easily dive into introductions.

Japan has been on my bucket list for awhile.

Awesome Ny I love how you found a song for each npc as well. unfortunately I am in the same boat as SuperNova, America is as bad on it's copyright issues.

Last edited:
Since this side project was quite well received, but some of you couldn't play all of the songs I took the liberty of putting them on my Google Drive for now when you can listen or download them. While I was at it I changed some songs around to better fit the updated cast. I know that Gengar trainer Jack is still missing from the list, but I just couldn't get a read on his character yet, and he's been a bit absent. That same goes for Kossetsu, but we'll see.

The Dark Tournament
by Pokecharms RP
Album

01 - Tournament Opening
02 - Aidinia Moon
03 - Akira Hatimosho
04 - Alex Weston
05 - Amara Landos
06 - Cassandra Michaels
07 - Delilah Jones
08 - Dr. Nevashi
09 - Drake Valentine
10 - Floyd Johnstone
11 - Kossetsu Chikyu
12 - Mathew
13 - Salem Archon
14 - Willamina Soren Daniels the Third

I hope everything works now.
At least I have a playlist now when browsing the Story.

Last edited:
I'm eager for the story to continue. On this day before the tournament I'm hoping for Salem to get familiar with Mina and Floyd, and at least meet with Delilah, Alex and Aidinia but that should be easily doable. He might have a brush in with Akira, and could run into Cassie again later. Otherwise I expect they'll meet the next on the first day of the Tournament. I don't think shit will hit the fan immediately.