• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Dark Tournament

Should the NPC have shown Nightmares

• yes- more depth and environment

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • no-takes away from the pcs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Forgot about Megan hold I'll crack something out for her later

Or one of you can have her I don't care she's not my favorite Npc

Last edited by a moderator:
You could say she died then. Maybe a Pokemon got to her in the end before making it to the river. It'll make some interesting drama.
It'll be drama alright. Poor Salem will feel terrible she got killed in camp in the instant he went to quickly freshen up a little. If she's going to have to die I would rather she be the victim of some Team Rocket cruelty, or she gets caught in the crossfire somewhere sometime. It's kinda sad for the poor girl, but I do think you might be juggling too many NPC's Astral.

We should put it up as a poll to decide how Megan should die xD

Maybe we just ignore her for now, then at the end of the RP if people are escaping the island, just have her show up on the shore and try to swim to them but get eaten by magikarp

As Salem's eyes landed on her and he smiled at her, she narrowed her eyes and sniffed. "He desires me as well definitely a young stallion in rutt."
Hahahaha this just cracked me up so much. One smile and she feels desirable, she's quite the confident one. I like her. :D

Maybe we just ignore her for now, then at the end of the RP if people are escaping the island, just have her show up on the shore and try to swim to them but get eaten by magikarp
By that point she might as well survive though. Would be nice if we manage to send the poor girl home after all her bad luck.

I can juggle way more than that I just personally don't like the character. I think she bores me or I do t like how she turned out not quite sure. She just hard for me to write for. I was originally going to make her comic relief with savior and then maybe have her go through some growth. Now she just serves as a ward for everyone to air care of or ditch and lose some humanity

Perhaps she can be the Camp ward. Because she feels she can't contribute much she just stays quiet and cooks and cleans, and then from time to time when you feel like it you can use her point of view for some things.

...ooooor we still have a peeved Ursaring in the forest...just sayin' .
You are entirely too eager to see her dead.
How about she ends up up accidentally getting hit by Beedrill on one of Delilah's crazy escapades, then stumbles into the Interfernape by accident, catching fire before she runs over and clings to the Bee trainer in her final fiery moments.

(I'm seeing the opening scene to Naked Gun in my mind now actually :D)

Last edited:
How about she ends up up accidentally getting hit by Beedrill on one of Delilah's crazy escapades, then stumbles into the Interfernape by accident, catching fire before she runs over and clings to the Bee trainer in her final fiery moments.

(I'm seeing the opening scene to Spy Hard in my mind now actually :D)

I love this idea xD

I just love making her a totally derpy character. Like they get back and she's just like: "Hey guys! I made a mini-golf course!"

Definitely funnier conceptually than it would be in practice, though.

(I'm seeing the opening scene to Spy Hard in my mind now actually :D)
That's so evil. I love it, I'd pay money to see such a scene go down.

The Dark Tournament
by Pokecharms RP
Album

Character 01 Aidinia Moon
Character 02 Akira Hatimosho
Character 03 Alex Weston
Character 04 Amara Landos
Character 05 Apollo Soulis
Character 06 Cassandra Michaels
Character 07 Damian Salvator
Character 08 Delilah Jones
Character 09 Drake Valentine
Character 10 Efret
Character 11 Erejest Nevashi
Character 12 Floyd Johnstone
Character 13 Gerald Aster
Character 14 Lily Matherson
Character 15 Lin Maltin
Character 16 Mathew
Character 17 Mysterious Man
Character 18 Salem Archon
Character 19 Willamina Soren Danials the Third

Pokemon 01 Beedrill (Beedrill)
Pokemon 02 Blastoise (Ajax)
Pokemon 03 Delphox (June)
Pokemon 04 Gardevoir (Ecarte)
Pokemon 05 Hitmonlee (Savior)
Pokemon 06 Infernape (Achilles)
Pokemon 07 Lapras (Crystal)
Pokemon 08 Liepard (Lady)
Pokemon 09 Lucario (Orion)
Pokemon 10 Mightyena (Anubis)
Pokemon 11 Pangoro (Dynami)
Pokemon 12 Pyroar (Vulcana)
Pokemon 13 Sceptile (Arrow)
Pokemon 14 Sinister (Diglett)
Pokemon 15 Starmie (Swift)
Pokemon 16 Sylveon (Alex)
Pokemon 17 Togepi (Kiwi)

Bonus 01 Amnis Colo
Bonus 02 Nightmare Dreamscapes
Bonus 03 The Dark Tournament
Bonus 04 Team Rocket

Last edited:
We should put it up as a poll to decide how Megan should die xD

oh god that'd be terrible, imagine you're surviving on an island and people find a way off and just forget you exist

I actually really like what Curvy did here. It looks nice and offers up that bit of additional information others might otherwise have forgotten about. Also saves us from looking for her profile. Or maybe I'm just really enjoying the sight of Lily's character portrait. <.>
I also like this, maybe it's just me but I had to put everything in one spot because I forget what people look like sometimes and they're not exactly all together

The tags are not only fun, but I honestly think they help keep track of where people are at and who is actually being interacted with. Not to mention helps me find my sheet really easily, without having to search through pages of ooc chatter.

I have been having a real hard time making sense of where everyone is at on the island.(besides the large group by the river) It's why I have been rather generic with where Lily is. I don't think it distracts or takes away from the post and Astral didn't seem to mind at all. :) If anyone else wants some tags I can make them up for their character, just ask :).

I'll happily take you up on that offer. Do I need to provide you with anything?
Only if there is a particular image you'd like me to use of your character and pokemon. You can post them here, or message them to me. If not I can use one of the ones you have posted in the thread :)

If anyone else wants them, feel free to do the same. Just mention it, and give me some images or at least the name name of your pokemon and image you are using for you character. (if its a anime character I can goggle hehe.)

I have to go to work in a few. But I shall get them all done and posted here as soon as I get off of work :) If I can't get any done before I leave.

Wait so Chrocey should Damian know who Delilah is? I guess essentially what i'm asking is would news travel from Hoenn to Unova/Sinnoh of her bc those are the only regions he's been to haha

Wait so Chrocey should Damian know who Delilah is? I guess essentially what i'm asking is would news travel from Hoenn to Unova/Sinnoh of her bc those are the only regions he's been to haha
Doubtful. The way I interpret it is that Delilah has in actuality not accomplished anything of note, but likes to believe she did. I can totally imagine a scene where she's up to her wild antics in the street, and her flailing about accidentally hits a passerby who may have looked like the champion of the region. And then in her mind she just runs away with the encounter and with each retelling of it its becoming more and more until finally she believes herself to have defeated a champion with a single sting.

Only if there is a particular image you'd like me to use of your character and pokemon. You can post them here, or message them to me. If not I can use one of the ones you have posted in the thread :)

Looking for images motivated me to try my own hand at the avatars first. I hope you don't mind? What's the pixel height you've set for the images?

Doubtful. The way I interpret it is that Delilah has in actuality not accomplished anything of note, but likes to believe she did. I can totally imagine a scene where she's up to her wild antics in the street, and her flailing about accidentally hits a passerby who may have looked like the champion of the region. And then in her mind she just runs away with the encounter and with each retelling of it its becoming more and more until finally she believes herself to have defeated a champion with a single sting.
This was a funny image in my head

Looking for images motivated me to try my own hand at the avatars first. I hope you don't mind? What's the pixel height you've set for the images?
I use 200 and crop out unneeded image. I use pic monkey for a simple tag creator. Its a great website, don't do the pay version unless you end up wanting all the extra features. I also use photoshop, but that is for not complicated edits like I did with lily's eyes.

Damian may have developed pink eyes because Im like 80% sure I found a reliable character with multiple pictures that I decide would somewhat look like him.

Also I hope the way i'm assuming Champions roles in this roleplay outside of the tournament is okay with everyone, meaning they're somewhat important in their regions affairs, and are like a "celebrity"

Damian may have developed pink eyes because Im like 80% sure I found a reliable character with multiple pictures that I decide would somewhat look like him.

Your so lucky! I can't find a single reliable source of photos for Floyd apart from a couple of stray pictures floating around the internet, and I don't really wanna change his appearance mid-roleplay.

Your so lucky! I can't find a single reliable source of photos for Floyd apart from a couple of stray pictures floating around the internet, and I don't really wanna change his appearance mid-roleplay.
There are a couple of anime characters that come to mind when thinking of Floyd's description. Perhaps one of them tickles your fancy.

Katsuragi Keima from Kami Nomi Zo Shiru Sekai.
Otonashi Io from Acchi Kocchi.
Ike Hayato from Shakugan no Shana
Ayase Yuuto from Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu
Marui Zenji from Shokugeki no Soma
Aki Tomoya from Saenai Kanojo no Sodatekata
Tabata Hidenori from Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou

Just google the characters for more images.

Nice tags Ny:) I'm going to play with the coding when I get home to see if I can't get the images alone on the left and have the story bits start next to them. Help the keep the post from being to stretched as we gain pokemon.

Nice tags Ny:) I'm going to play with the coding when I get home to see if I can't get the images alone on the left and have the story bits start next to them. Help the keep the post from being to stretched as we gain pokemon.
I'm thinking of probably making the images a bit smaller anyway. maybe 100 to 150 px in height rather than 200.

But for this campaign I don't think we have to worry about getting too many Pokemon. Let's just say I would very surprised if anyone managed to get 3 at some point.

Yup playing with the size is totally an option. I just went 200 out of habit from the other to site I write on.

And no way mister Lily plans on getting her pokemon back!!! They be family! And that means no one gets left behind! Lol:p

tumblr_nuqbfdfWL41ug5wnso6_400.png
isana_yashiro_8958.jpg

Well the pink eyed one is the character I used recently, however the picture on the right is the character I used in the flashback, part of me wanted to change it because that would have been when he was a little younger, so of course his look had changed, but I also like the seemingly more wild appearance of the hair on the left? Idk. Think i'm just being indecisive with what I think he'd look like.

I recognize those guys as Akisu Aru from Mirai Nikki and Isana Yashiro from K Project.
Man, mentioning that K Projects brings back fond memories of Neko. <.>

Who, incidentally, has long white'ish hair, one blue and one green colored eye ;)
Ey Curvykitten
*wink wink*
*nudge nudge*

I recognize those guys as Akisu Aru from Mirai Nikki and Isana Yashiro from K Project.
Man, mentioning that K Projects brings back fond memories of Neko. <.>

Who, incidentally, has long white'ish hair, one blue and one green colored eye ;)
Ey Curvykitten
*wink wink*
*nudge nudge*
I've seen neither of the shows but read up on Mirai Nikki while reading about Akisu, interesting concept.