• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Dark Tournament

Should the NPC have shown Nightmares

• yes- more depth and environment

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • no-takes away from the pcs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I liked that detail you put in with the whole Champion thing, Mega. I love little world building things, like the fact remnants of the teams are left behind, the Sawsbuck and Boufflant conflict, etc..
Thank you haha, I enjoyed your post too, the tidbits of addressing the way Salem was made me smile. But, I actually didn't know a lot about team Plasma before that post, I read all of that and found it super interesting, at first I was just going to address them, and then I found out I never really knew what they were doing that was considered bad, having not played black/white 1 or 2

Shadow_Triad_concept_art.png

Black_2_White_2_Shadow_Triad.png

I ALSO FOUND CONCEPT ART OF THE SHADOW TRIAD :')

Sorry, concept art is like catnip or cocaine to me. Shits great.

Name: Jaiden "Galactic" Sky

Personality: Shy, soft-spoken, socially awkward, quiet, barely speaks, and has a strange bond between his Pokémon Gengar (see below) Whenever Jaiden speaks, people tend to listen to him. The only time he usually talks is when he needs to say something either useful or helpful. Enjoys sitting under the shade whistling.

Looks: Eyes change color frequently like a kaleidoscope. Lithe, like a runner's build and has lean legs. Pale and shaggy brown hair that's never combed. Hair is always swept to the side. Quite tall (6'2)
(Profile picture in general is appearance)

More Detailed Looks

Background: Was raised and born in a poor family and had some odd passion for Dark type Pokémon. He discovered his passion for Pokémon and ran away from home when he was 13 and returned when he was 16 with a fortune to support his family after he won numerous amounts of Pokémon battles with his trusty Pokémon. His team consisted of Gengar, his first Pokémon, Darkrai his first legendary caught Pokémon, Zoroark, Tyranitar, and Absol.

Chosen Pokémon: Gengar also known as (Ghostly) shares a strong bond with Jaiden.

Chosen Pokémon's Moves:
Gengar (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid Nature
-Toxic
-Venoshock
-Hex
-Destiny Bond

Last edited:
Darkrai his first legendary caught Pokémon
We're generally not allowed to own legendaries on this site unless we have permission from the admins. But, since you're not using it anyway, I suppose that's okay? I'm not very sure. Anyway, could you be a bit more detailed on his appearance? Give us a ballpark figure for his height instead of just saying 'quite tall'. Also, give us a bit more meat on the background. We're sort of going on a pretty high standard now as Nygenn mentioned.

Last edited:
We're generally not allowed to own legendaries on this site unless we have permission from the admins. But, since you're not using it anyway, I suppose that's okay? I'm not very sure. Anyway, could you be a bit more detailed on his appearance? Give us a ballpark figure for his height.
What do you mean "Ballpark figure" if I may ask?

Did I go overboard?
Nah, I don't know about where you're from but in my country that's a common length for boys that age. Compared to our cast, and considering the source material Floyd is on the tall side though, but that just makes him stand out, especially since he's so shy.

Nah, I don't know about where you're from but in my country that's a common length for boys that age. Compared to our cast, and considering the source material Floyd is on the tall side though, but that just makes him stand out, especially since he's so shy.
Did I over do my moves? And should I make my Gengar weaker?

Personally I don't really care about the power of your pokemon so much as the way you'll be presenting it. How are your creative writing skills? Oh and what's the deal with Jaiden's Kaleidoscope eyes?

Chosen Pokémon's Moves:
Gengar (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid Nature
-Toxic
-Venoshock
-Hex
-Destiny Bond

Gotta love the Showdown Teambuilder. Makes things ten times easier.

Did I over do my moves? And should I make my Gengar weaker?

In my personal opinion I find your Gengar to be absolutely fine. Although I'm not sure what the deal with items is, I'm pretty sure they get taken from the Pokemon when they're captured in the hotel, so that Focus Sash might not exist.
That's all up to Astral though.
I love the use of Toxic and Hex, it's the moves that can be used in conjunction with one another that really shine.

I like how it's Gerald of everyone present to ask Salem for some modesty. :D
Awesome entry Burble.
Well, short and punchy is the way we roll, right? :p I liked your post though! Especially with how awkward Gerald is around everybody. Even Cassie. Well, I guess the fact that there's a naked islander around doesn't help. Still, Gerald is so adorkable.
Well, glad to hear his mannerisms got a rise out of you all! It's half of what makes him one of my favorites to mess with. That and June, since they bounce off each other well.

I've been meaning to ask about this actually. Do Pokemon use items these days? Probably an easy ploy to spice up the game's mechanic options a bit.
Yep! Not items like Potions but berrys and "battle itens". Added it in gen 2.

I've been meaning to ask about this actually. Do Pokemon use items these days? Probably an easy ploy to spice up the game's mechanic options a bit.

Items are literally the current metas butter. Unless your running acrobatics, there's absolutely no need to go without an item.
Mega Stones, Life Orb, Assault Vest, Choice Items and many more are all constantly used in competitive.

I don't know if you know about this Nygenn, but there is a handy teambuilder on a site called Pokemon Showdown. It's basically a battle simulator for the competitive scene.

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/teambuilder (Showdown!)

Here's the link.

I think I've heard it reference somewhere once, but thanks for the link Nova.
I wonder how using the items apply to pokemon RP. Would you have Pokemon wear gear like jackets, or have a pouch with berries, or what have you?

I think I've heard it reference somewhere once, but thanks for the link Nova.
I wonder how using the items apply to pokemon RP. Would you have Pokemon wear gear like jackets, or have a pouch with berries, or what have you?

Well, in the anime in order to mega evolve Pokemon need to have a mega stone. The way they get around holding these is with pendants, necklaces, bracelets, ect.

latest

I'm assuming Pokemon hold berries by using pouches or hold scarfs by tying them to their body, as you said.
Once again though, I'm really not sure how items are working at the moment. I just assumed they all got stolen by the team running the contest when the hotel was gassed.

I'm thinking of changing Swift's theme song into the one Floyd now has, change Floyd's theme song into the one Damian now has, and finally give Damian this new song.

What do you guy think? Also if there are any songs you really don't agree with, let me know and I'll see if I can change it. I'm not too sure about some of them myself anyway, but decided I could always change things later when I discover better songs.

I'm thinking of changing Swift's theme song into the one Floyd now has, change Floyd's theme song into the one Damian now has, and finally give Damian this new song.

What do you guy think? Also if there are any songs you really don't agree with, let me know and I'll see if I can change it. I'm not too sure about some of them myself anyway, but decided I could always change things later when I discover better songs.

I don't have any objections.

01 Aidinia Moon
02 Akira Hatimosho
03 Alex Weston
04 Amara Landos
05 Apollo Soulis
06 Cassandra Michaels
07 Damian Salvator
08 Delilah Jones
09 Drake Valentine
10 Efret
11 Erejest Nevashi
12 Floyd Johnstone
13 Gerald Aster
14 Lily Matherson
15 Lin Maltin
16 Mathew
17 Mysterious Man
18 Salem Archon
19 Willamina Soren Danials the Third

I challenged myself to recreate this bit of the album using music from the main series Pokemon games only.
This is what I personally think of each character. I honestly think Nygenns album is ten times better (it also has more to work with than main series soundtracks). I just had some spare time, and this is what came to mind. Also, spoiler warning for bits of music you haven't heard before in the main series.

Last edited:
01 Aidinia Moon
02 Akira Hatimosho
03 Alex Weston
04 Amara Landos
05 Apollo Soulis
06 Cassandra Michaels
07 Damian Salvator
08 Delilah Jones
09 Drake Valentine
10 Efret
11 Erejest Nevashi
12 Floyd Johnstone
13 Gerald Aster
14 Lily Matherson
15 Lin Maltin
16 Mathew
17 Mysterious Man
18 Salem Archon
19 Willamina Soren Danials the Third

I challenged myself to recreate this bit of the album using music from the main series Pokemon games only.
Please don't take offense to this, This is what I personally think of each character. I honestly think Nygenns album is ten times better (it also has more to work with than main series soundtracks). I just had some spare time, and this is what came to mind. Also, spoiler warning for bits of music you haven't heard before in the main series. I won't be doing this again.
Whoooaaa Cassie's theme is awesome!! Why do you lack confidence in your work? It's amazing! I really liked how it kind of sounds 'French' with the violins, it really gives a feel of who Cassie is and where she comes from. Awesome! I also sneaked a listen into Salem's tune, and I think the exotic feel you get from it is actually quite a strong indicator of who he is. Your playlist is pretty sweet!

"I'm all up for that, but first, and I mean no offence, but...could you possibly put pants on? I kind of find it hard to focus, y'know..." He let out that last part with a bit of another nervous chuckle.

"What is it with Salem charming all the redheads?" PentheWonderful asks me.

"It's not Salem charming them," I tell her. "It's the combination of mocha skin and green eyes that they can't handle. Salem used it to make Aidinia and Gerald squirm, and Delilah used it to attract first Alex, and then Apollo. I think we simply have a Type Advantage over redheads." :D

"What is it with Salem charming all the redheads?" PentheWonderful asks me.

"It's not Salem charming them," I tell her. "It's the combination of mocha skin and green eyes that they can't handle. Salem used it to make Aidinia and Gerald squirm, and Delilah used it to attract first Alex, and then Apollo. I think we simply have a Type Advantage over redheads." :D

Wow XD I never put that together. That's pretty funny actually