• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Oscillation: Fractured Skies (Discussion Thread)

sSoul

Previously Swirled
and yet jonah does NOT notice kirin having suddenly dropped to the floor and writhing in pain
yeah ok i mean sure that works i guess
i guess SOMEONE will notice
hopefully
@sSoul
I noticed him in my latest post my bad. In my defense at the time, Jonah was feeling defeated so its kind of hard to process someone writhing in pain in that mindset. At any rate, will the students being inside provide a safe environment for the OCs to engage the gang?

The 4 other oscillated members of the group (non-myth/non-legend) that I mentioned early are roaming the school. They had been checking for students hiding in the bathroom or otherwise while the rest of the gang was outside. They are somewhat dangerous, but they aren't as powerful as the Ocs.

Catherine can only hear one of them, so any other Rper with advanced senses is also free to pick up on that one.

He's a Beastkin Pangolin
Website_SpeciesPage_Pangolin01_Hero.jpg

The reason only one can be heard is that there is a second member currently riding on the Pangolin's shoulders. She is a champion-type Witch.

The last two members are an esper-type telekinetic (she's floating and thus making little noise) and an esper-type phaser. Phaser as in, he can become intangible to phase through physical objects, such as the walls, floors, people, etc. Likewise, traveling through phasing produces no noise.

Ocs are free to randomly encounter these members of the gang or detect them if you believe you have reasonable means to. None of them are on the first floor of the school though, so they can only be encountered from the second floor and onwards. I won't be posting character sheets for them because they don't have many skills. All of them are very straight forward except for the Witch, who I will get into later.

@Nukas @DarkHydraT @OmnipotentOnion @~Patriot~ @Inkscape @Gamingfan @sSoul @Sky_ @Clite of Dragonbow @Red Gallade @NotAPokemonRanger @BurbleBurble @Mango137

The 4 other oscillated members of the group (non-myth/non-legend) that I mentioned early are roaming the school. They had been checking for students hiding in the bathroom or otherwise while the rest of the gang was outside. They are somewhat dangerous, but they aren't as powerful as the Ocs.

Catherine can only hear one of them, so any other Rper with advanced senses is also free to pick up on that one.

He's a Beastkin Pangolin
Website_SpeciesPage_Pangolin01_Hero.jpg

so who wants to bully the armadillo antearer hellspan first?

someone post
its almost been a full week without activity
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Last spring I had to analyze an article that claimed covid came from pangolins in a Wuhan wet market for my english class. Also violent Marcus whenever he needs to be that way.
"last spring" and "claimed"?
last spring we didn't know that the U.S. is incapable of following any sort of guidelines and instead likes dying, what too dark? that's why this is HIDDEN '
i wanna see that article
we need more violent marcus so like
go like, i dunno, shank the pangolin

sigh.
fine, fine, i'm here.

i'll start on a post...

Kirin - Update to Abilities:

Aura of Demise
(Passive, Cooldown: N/A; Cost: N/A; Duration: N/A; Range: AOE, 25 FT Sphere)
Kirin's presence in an area somewhat demoralizes friends and sharply demoralizes foes. The aura expands "infinitely" up and down, but only extends 25 feet out in a circle. (E.G. you cant escape it by flying up, but you can by flying OUT.) Is negated in Dragon form/Flying. This effect is exponentially multiplied when Null is in full control. The aura is seen as a glitchy, black haze of "Noise" that gets more intense the closer you look towards Kirin and the longer you look at it, along with an increasingly agonizing sound of noise as well, as well as what sounds like whispers. Staring at the Aura for too long can cause intense fear that can lead to heart failure. The effects are mitigated by blocking out the emotions mentally, but this requires a pretty good constitution.

Nautilus Rift (Reactive, Cooldown: 30 Seconds; Cost: N/A; Duration: 2 Seconds; Range: N/A)
Similar to Prevasion, when Kirin is attacked, he can very temporarily become intangible (I.E. literally not existing on this plane physically) for two seconds, before becoming tangible. While in this state, since kirin is intangible, he can not interact with beings, but beings can't interact with him. Weapons don't work in this state, trying to block a slash with this when the duration ends will result in the user's blade being forced out of the foes, temporarily stunning the user.

As well as...
i actually made a theme.
wooo.
Null Hypothesis, Kirin's Theme
By Inkscape

Last edited:

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
haha,
this is why you need to make friends with your OCs.
but for the other matter which is the pairs, i have some pairs that can co-exist with eachother and not murder eachother.
Catherine = Yukrio
Orm = Jonah
Tommy = Sam
Marcus = Alex
Kirin = Null (because Kirin has no friends)
Colt = Sarah
Lifon = Erik

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Didn't know stuff was happening in this thread... oops. I say the obvious groups would be the holy, neutral, and demonic characters, with others sprinkled in based on other factors. I will also just remind people of this little fact, since I'm sure it will be important soon.
K8d3Zcixzq4tGzVARQAABBBBAAAEEEEAAAQSqs8DRowUSFhlZz1edH5JnQwABBBBAAAEEEEAAAQQQQAAB5wv8P6EsNvfRsqdiAAA.png

Didn't know stuff was happening in this thread... oops. I say the obvious groups would be the holy, neutral, and demonic characters, with others sprinkled in based on other factors. I will also just remind people of this little fact, since I'm sure it will be important soon.
K8d3Zcixzq4tGzVARQAABBBBAAAEEEEAAAQSqs8DRowUSFhlZz1edH5JnQwABBBBAAAEEEEAAAQQQQAAB5wv8P6EsNvfRsqdiAAA.png
This is definitely important information and not just a meme, it is an easy reminder for people to see if they can resist Sam's abilities

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Shhhhh, you gotta sell it as an important detail. That's how you get the fans and avoid the admins
TRUUUUUUEEE
*ahem* Yes this was meticulously made so that everyone understands how Sam's abilities interact with their own personalities based on their control resistance which they included in their initial stat sheets.

TRUUUUUUEEE
*ahem* Yes this was meticulously made so that everyone understands how Sam's abilities interact with their own personalities based on their control resistance which they included in their initial stat sheets.
Treat it as an college essay. Speaking of Sam's ability, how soon will she subjugate Orm to her will? Because right now he's vibing and relaxing due to her presence

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Treat it as an college essay. Speaking of Sam's ability, how soon will she subjugate Orm to her will? Because right now he's vibing and relaxing due to her presence
Well, right now she hasn't discovered how she affects people. So once she realizes that people will do what she wants, she'll abuse it a lot more. I think the optimal group for Sam definitely includes Orm and Tommy.