• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Oscillation: Fractured Skies (RP Thread)

"Oh, you're a smartass as well? Listen up, clown! If I want fiber in my diet, I add it myself! Keep your nasty ass paper out of my food, got it?" Orm hissed, pushing Alex harder against the wall. "I'm here for the food and only for that, and I am not going to let some paper throwing asshole ruin it. If for some ungodly reason you're dumb or bold enough to do that again, we'll meet behind the school after you're done with classes. I've got nothing better to do today, I can wait all day. Unless you want a broken nose, I suggest that you keep your paper in your bag. Am I clear?" Living up to his nickname, the junior made it very apparent that he had no issue with attacking Alex should he give the slightest reason for it. Dropping the boy, he turned around and went back to his seat. Tossing the ball of paper out of his mac and cheese, he threw one last venomous glare at Alex before continuing to eat. Little bastard doesn't know what's good for him, how did I not drop out sooner? Orm thought in resentment.

Thomas almost burst with laught, but it turned to end as just chuckle "Sorry for weird question, but you don't have to be the great model, look" then he showed his notebook with various people, full body drawings, faces, everything was really detailed and it could be seen that Tommy put lots of effort in each one of those drawings, the last one being a poor Jonah that didn't know about it at all.
"Its a practice, every person is different so if I want to be a really great artist then I need to be able to draw any person, or so I think. No one looks exacly the same, unless they have twin and even if they have there are slight differences... Sorry for a weird question and I am glad that you don't mind" he said and turned his head. "Sorry that second question wasn't related to a topic, but you said that I can ask for 'anything' so just asked 'anything', right? People are great honestly, with the fact that everyone are different and world which is filled with so many colours is great too!... Despite all this... I also didn't really know much about our choir so didn't have much questions. I could as well ask for that girl, which is called 'prophet' and made fun by the others.. But I don't like to laught at others problem, even if they are mentaly unstable or anything, it isn't right." Tommy said and with that finished talking. He talked too much in his opinion anyway, he took a pencil and started to draw lines and make shape. Once again, without worry of making a mistake. He took two glances at Sam and began to draw.

Minute passed.. Another minute... Tommy was so focused at his drawing he couldn't hear people around him and if someone bumped at him and destroy his drawing... Would get a really bad day.
When the basics were done, Tommy focused on details and shading, more minute passed in the silence that usually was Thomas' companion. He didn't knew how much time passed... Maybe 8 or 10 minutes... Maybe more... He decided to show his sketch of Sam's Head, detailed and shaded. "Here, take a look" he said with a small smile. Then he lay against the wall and hummed, a bit tired.

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
For some reason, seeing Catherine smile ear-to-ear made Jonah feel somewhat uneasy about his agreement to follow along with the girl. Regardless, he wasn't going to change his mind now, so he just decided to follow through with his decision. Fortunately, the journey to the Spanish classroom didn't take long, meaning that Jonah could keep up with his accomplice without loosing sight of her. When they got to the door, Jonah thought that it would just be locked. However, Catherine had no problem opening the door, allowing her to proceed with her amateur attempt at playing Sherlock.

Why am I even here..? I mean sure, I was bored, but I thought I'd just get up, entertain her idea to go inside the classroom, realize it's locked, and go back to science...guess that's off the table today.

Once Jonah entered the room, he easily spotted the desk that Zola sat at, mainly because his partner-in-crime was all too eager to start her investigation. The senior hesitantly walked towards Zola's desk around the same time that Catherine asked what an "ọ̀dàlẹ̀" was.

"It's probably a word in a foreign language," Jonah mused to himself, now completely roped into the amateur investigation, "I'll try to look it up on Google Translate and see if I find anything." Pulling his phone from his pocket, Jonah went to the website and hit the "Detect Language" button, which would automatically translate the word into English. At first, he tried to type the word in as he saw it written on the desk, and while he got a translation, the word was the same in English as it was in the language he got. Therefore, he tried typing the word in again in simple English characters. He got another translation, but this time it held an actual meaning.

"Okay, so according to what I found, either 'odale' is a Bosnian word meaning 'away' or it's just complete gibberish," Jonah shrugged as he turned off his phone and put it back in his pocket, "With that information combined with what we already knew, it's safe to say that she either tried to get rid of some intrusive thoughts, or she completely lost her mind long before they hauled her off."

Kirin walked in to the room and looked at the two, his head tilted slightly sideways. "Interesting thing to investigate for walking out of class," he said, studying the two. "So, what made you interested in the "Prophetic Freak"? And why so silently? Well, you didn't notice me here, so i assume you were wrapped up in the mystery..." he said, moving a tuft of hair out of his eyes. He didn't necessarily have an intimidating stture, but it did give off the aura of importance. "I'm just wondering of course, you're either incredibly curious or you believe her terza rima." He said, his eyes wandering around the room.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Sam waited as Thomas started to draw, he wasn't sure if he was supposed to stay still or pose, but since it seemed like Thomas was barely looking up at him for the reference, he was probably fine to do whatever. He noticed even the new kid had heard the stories about the crazy girl in second period. He got back on his phone to see if there was any new information about how she was doing, and it turned out someone had filmed her during her freakout. He decided to watch it, not to make fun of the girl or promote people who were giving her a bad rap, but just to get a better idea of what happened. A lot of the video was shaky, but it seemed like it was in the middle of her tangent about goblins and mermaids. The whole thing was mind-boggling, but it looked like she truly believed what she was saying. Towards the end of the video, the person recording got a look at what had been written on her desk, just one word scrawled over and over again, "ọ̀dàlẹ̀." As far as he could tell, it was just gibberish, he thought it would've been cool if there was some merit to it though.

By the time Sam was finished watching, Thomas was ready to show him what he had sketched. He was stunned to see a great sketch of his face on the paper. It wasn't super detailed with shading or anything, but it was impressive. "Wow you have some serious skills Thomas, this is amazing!"

"Oh..." Catherine shimmied around the desk, brushing her fingers against the darkened writing. It was dry, not even the slightest residue. stuck to her finger. The results of permanent marker, she imagined.

"Intrusive thoughts? You make it sound like she was possessed or something."

A foreboding chuckle followed as Catherine decided to get a bit nosier. With no regard for privacy, the senior began to rummage through Zola's desk. Although the 'Bosnian' written on the desk was weird, it wasn't like there hadn't been prior incidents of student vandalism. There had to be something more to the story, that's the only way it would've held people's interest for so long. Admittedly, it had only been a couple of hours since the incident, but with how fast social media could move on, it might as well have been last month.

Catherine hadn't gotten far into thoroughly investigating the girl's belonging's when a third person decided to make their presence known. He seemed casual enough but questioned their motives.

"Well...we came here for the same reason as you of course, we were curious. Aha—!"

Catherine pulled her hand from the desk, carrying with it a crumbled piece of paper. She unfurled the piece of paper, hoping it wasn't something crazy like a suicide note—things really would've taken a darker turn if it had been, it was certainly something the teachers would need to know about—and thankfully, it wasn't; instead, it was a different letter...though she couldn't make heads or tails of it either.

After reading over the letter a few times, her attention shifted to the boys and she offered the letter.

"Wanna see what it says?"

The Letter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday

5:45 PM

September 20, 2018

Dear Diary,

I don't know what's happening...I was having lunch on the roof but then the sky...it broke! Cracks appeared spilling multi-colored light and it...it changed people...it changed...me. People are calling it The Oscillation. That was yesterday; but, since then I've been living with constant migraines, these stupid visions, and those voices...Ugh, It's driving me crazy!

It was all fine at the start. Sure, it was a little crazy what with people sprouting tails and scales like some kinda monster mash-up party, but the teachers had it under control. Those of us, the ones who were changed, they made us gather in the gymnasium while the other students went to their homerooms for attendance. There were over a hundred of us changed in all, even a few of the teachers had been changed. It was like straight out of a movie. There were Mermaids, Dwarves, Fairies, and even one guy who said he was a Goblin; green, gnarled, and—Ew!

Anyway, things were fine until they came. They barged through the school gates and trapped us here. They said they were a local gang and clearly, they'd also been changed. It gave them confidence, enough that they attacked the school and took us hostage. They've been keeping the authorities at bay by threatening us, trying to negotiate a ransom fee and safe passage out of the country but…negotiations don't seem to be going well.

That isn't the worst of it, though. I heard the teachers whispering; we're almost out of food, we’ll run out by tomorrow. those thugs are starting to get violent. One of the teachers tried to talk to them yesterday, but they took him somewhere. No one's seen him since...

There are people saying that they killed him, but I don't think so. I don't know how, but I can feel it...I think. He's not dead but something...worse. What could be worse than being dead though?

…ọ̀dàlẹ̀? What was that?

Ugh, nothing makes sense anymore…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kirin peered at the note. "It's not truly prophetic. Considering that it's not written in Terza Rima, im guessing this is before her mental breakdown, which means she was either trying to cope with all the information and stimulus or her conscious was sane but her body wasn't." He said, musing out loud. "I will say, it's a plausible event. Not saying it's going to happen, but its possible.
He inspected the desk, before typing the word into his search engine. He got the same result, but this time it sent him to words of yoruban bible text. Interesting, but i best not share this with them, not yet, he thought. Kirin sat down in a chair with his legs kicked back and tried to piece this all together.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Given that he was already invested in the investigation, Jonah decided that there would be no harm in inspecting Catherine's latest findings. While it did shed more light on what Zola was talking about, the future that she prophesized was a grim one.

"Well considering that she had voices and migraines in her head, maybe possession isn't completely off the table," Jonah jokingly suggested before he cleared his throat as to silently reprimand himself for his poor timing, "At any rate, while the prediction this letter entails isn't complete nonsense, I feel that it's too vague to be of any use. We know next to nothing about these thugs that she's talking about, so I doubt we could give any real warnings based on this diary entry. At most, we could warn the faculty about the potential thugs in our area and have them force a lockdown by tomorrow, but I doubt that'll happen considering our basis for that decision would just be the ramblings of a crazy woman to them. Still, what do you think, Catherine? What do you want to do with this piece of paper?" The senior had a mild sense of dread welling up within him. Sure, Zola's prophecy coming to pass was unlikely, but Jonah wasn't the type of person to ignore a possibility due to its likelihood or lack thereof.

"I don't think we should do anything, we'd be the next ones admitted to an asylum if we told them to lock down the school because of a random note we found."

Catherine shook her head and shrugged. She then turned to goggle at the newcomer, who seemed to have gone off on some strange tangent, throwing around fancy phrases like 'Terza Rima' as if they were supposed to know what it meant. Instead of responding to the boy, who had yet to introduce himself, she scooted closer to Jonah and whispered.

"Es chico loco..."

It was all she could do to cope with his strange behavior. The only thing he had left to do was to invite them to his cult so they could offer sacrifices to the great old ones in some forsaken temple's depths deep in the jungles of South America. Catherine wasn't familiar with these cult types, but she decided she could at least try to be amicable by offering a greeting. Thus she wracked her brain for the few cult greetings she knew and then offered.

"Uhhh...Hail Hydra?"

Kirin looked at Catherine, before responding.
"I heard that. I'm not insane, or a part of a cult, i just happen to have read about what prophetic speech sounds or looks like. And i also happen to know spanish, sabelotodo."
He sighed, getting up from the chair. "Terza Rima is a rhyming verse stanza form that consists of an interlocking three-line rhyme scheme. It was said that when people were inhibited by the voice of the greek prophet Delphi, they would speak a Prophecy in a type of rhyming. The most common was Terza Rima. I take an interest in mythology and history."
He walked over to the two, and reached out his hand. "My name is Kirin Lyrugia. Senior." He said, his eyes blank without expression.

Sabelotodo?

At that Catherine's eyebrow raised, but she didn't react too greatly. Instead, she offered a smile extending her hand to shake Kirin's. She'd show him that he wasn't the only one paying attention in Spanish class.

"Hola olla, soy tetera; but, you can just call me Catherine."

She threw Kirin a patronizing grin but wasn't going to push the conversation any further than that. Spanish had never been her best subject and, in terms of foreign languages, she much preferred french. Unfortunately, foreign languages were mandatory for freshmen and sophomores, and thereafter Catherine had dropped it as soon as possible.

Kirin sighed, realizing what she had said and thought 'sgoinneil, tha a h-uile duine na chleasaiche a-nis ...' to himself. He shook her hand before looking to the second person. "And you are...?" he said, reaching out his hand as a friendly gesture.

This sure is an interesting bunch of people, we have the asal snasail and the coileanadh faiceallach... he thought in his native tongue. I can tell these two are going to get into trouble somehow...

Adrian smiled as he collected his bag, put his hands in his trouser pockets and went to follow Yukiro. "I just hope that we'll be learning some interesting parts in history, personally, I'm kinda hoping we learn a bit from things like the two World Wars, what about you?" Adrian asked as he walked over to History class, normally some people might think that he was a bit crazy for liking the World War stuff, but there was something about that history that always fascinated him.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Lifon quietly followed Sarah, grabbing the inevitable tray of leftover mac and cheese and wincing at the green sludge Sarah plopped on her plate. He didn't mind spinach much, when it's texture wasn't "radioactive goop", at least.
He looked away from the alleged food and towards the people Sarah had mentioned. He raised an eyebrow, thinking back to the gossip he overheard about the "incident". It was a shame he wasn't there. He heard the girl flipped a table. Then again, rumors aren't very reliable but he'll digress.
Lifon shrugged, thankful for the chance to speak. " Eh, whatever they do isn't really my business. Maybe Ms.Prophet is true to her name, maybe she should stop sniffing glue. All I know is that I have-" he checked his phone.
"A couple minutes to get to my next period." he finished. Lifon looked at his mac and cheese, calculated the time he'd spend eating, and shrugged, tossing it into the trash.
He'll probably see it again tomorrow.

"Thanks!" said Thomas with the smile "But I honestly doubt that you can call it a 'serious' skill. I want to get better and when I will get better, then I will re-draw all my sketches" said Thomas and added "Of course I will show you the remade version later"

After a while as he still waited for choir to start, he looked at his boots, then at people, glanced at Sam and again at people. Other students were passing through the halls, talking about the classes, recent events and etc. After a moment Thomas remind himself that Sam watched something as he drew him.
"Hey Sam, what were you watching earlier on your phone?" he asked him out of boredom and curiosity.

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
As they walked Adrian was talking about the world wars, "World Wars? From Centuries ago? It's Fascinating, and it also brings up why we even had it in the first place, Right?" Yukiro was more into norse mythology, He was also a little interested in Greek Mythology. "Well, personally it'd be Norse Mythology it's interesting from what iv'e been reading anyway" Still walking down the hallway towards History with Adrian, Yukiro was actually bored, but he didn't wanna break his Perfec Attendance record, And he was pretty eager to learn history anyway

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
"Hmm? Oh, it was nothing important. You mentioned that girl from 2nd period, Zola I think her name was. I've been trying to keep up to date with the news on her and how she's doing. I've never met her, but it sucks what's happening to her. Someone uploaded a video of her freakout and I wanted to watch it to see if I could understand a bit better. If you want I could show you, it was crazy." He wasn't trying to make light of the situation, but it was quite a sight, so he didn't mind sharing the video. Plus, the video was out in the world at this point, so it's not like Thomas couldn't just look it up on his own if he wanted to see it.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"The name is Jonah Reaves, though I'm sad to say that I won't be giving a gratuitous display of my knowledge of a foreign language today," The senior had teasing grin as he shook Kirin's hand. Admittedly, he was quite impressed with his peer given their first meeting. Not everyone was fluent in a second language nor were they also interested the finer aspects of culture like mythology and history. While Jonah was unable to speak Spanish, he was quite enamored with and decently skilled in Italian. He came to respect the class after not only learning about its rich fashion history, but also its rich culinary history. Once he was finished shaking Kirin's hand, he turned to Catherine with a sly grin on his face.

"Now that we have some time to kill before the next class, I've got a question for you Catherine," In conjunction with its usually serenity, Jonah's tone also carried a playful air, "How is it that you roll your eyes at my willingness to entertain the possibility of a small part of Zola's prophecy coming to pass while you try to fraternize with someone you think is a cultist without expecting anyone to bat an eye?"

Tommy gave it a serious thought.. He was curious about the event that going on around the school, but it felt like everyone was making fun out of the girl that may have a serious problem and need help and he didn't want to be seen as a similar guy that takes fun in others tragedy.
But he was curious... Very, very curious. He wanted to have at least basic knowledge about what happend. Who is the girl that everyone talks about.
"Yeah.. You can show me... I am curious about this as everyone are talking about that, yet as I hear the mocks it just make me feel sick, but I want to know what was happening to that girl" he told Sam.

So..... that was just a fat lie, I guess. What the heck am I even doing?

As if his body moved on its own without command, Erik found himself quietly exiting the classroom and strolling down the building's halls, frantic confusion wild in his eyes despite an otherwise stoic demeanor. During what felt like five hours of tense silence--he had only been alone in the classroom for barely over five minutes--Erik had been repeatedly reminding himself that there was no use in stressing over some girl who had suddenly let out crazed shrieks and lost her mind, but his inquisitive, more curious side had clearly decided otherwise, asserting that there was no way he wasn't interested. Silently navigating his way through the various hallways, past the cafeteria (there seemed to have been some sort of commotion inside, though Erik's mind was obviously elsewhere), on a trip to the foreign language wing.

Erik arrived at the now very well known Spanish classroom, about which nearly the entire student population had been and would continue to be filled with conversation and gossip. He hadn't been surprised to see others lurking inside, discussing amongst themselves as they stood around a desk with a substantial amount of markings scrawled messily. Upon further investigation, he identified two familiar faces, one more so than the others: Catherine, a fellow member of the Science/STEM club at Zenobia, and Jonah, a senior with whom Erik had shared a fair number of classes throughout their prior high school years. The other figure seemed slightly familiar, though Erik had only seen the boy just enough times to know that he was a senior as well. With his hands in his pockets, he entered the classroom and approached the trio, greeting them with a small grin before speaking softly.

"Hey, Catherine. Jonah." Directing his attention toward the less familiar face, Erik waved, his smile still maintaining the same friendly warmth. "Don't know you as much; I'm Erik Cho. Nice to meet you." With the salutations concluded, he turned his gaze to the marked desk, raising an eyebrow upon noticing the single word that was scribbled over and over again onto the full area of the desk. "You guys are here to investigate, too? I tried to keep my mind off of all this for as long as possible, but I guess I just couldn't help it."

"Which part of me calling him crazy looked like I was fraternizing?"

Catherine looked askance at Jonah, an expression of mock hurt painted across her face and the telltale signs of an accusation on her lips. Her kicked puppy act all but vanished, however, as yet another person arrived. This time, it was someone she recognized.

"Hey, Erik! We could use a third opinion. We've been snooping around as well, and this is what we found."

She turned the letter over to Erik but continued to speak.

"This guy," she gestured to Kirin, "thinks it's possible. Said something weird about the Oracle of Delphi and Terza Rima; but, if you ask me I think that's a bit too far off in la-la-land. What do you think?"

"Hm...."

Peering at the word scrawled repeatedly onto the desk before him and quietly reading through the letter handed to him by Catherine, Erik's brow furrowed in confusion. The contents of the letter seemed preposterous, to say the absolute least. People transforming into monsters? The mention of Dwarves, Fairies, and Goblins prompted Erik to quickly question the magnitude of the girl's fit of insanity; her condition seemed incredibly concerning, sure, but over the existence of fantastical creatures? That was simply unreasonable, if not remarkably childish. However, "ọ̀dàlẹ̀"? It was most certainly an odd word, perfectly fitting the absurdity of what had happened and the letter's contents.... but something didn't sit right with him just dismissing it as crazy as well. He rubbed the back of his head as Erik handed the letter back to Catherine with a shrug.

"I mean, I don't know what to tell you regarding what the letter talks about; the whole thing just seems like a bunch of fairy-tale things that kids dream of at night. Obviously it'd be hard for anyone here to believe, no matter how insane it drove that girl. As for the word on the desk, I can't really give much other than recalling the mythology unit from World History in our sophomore year. When we were told to read and annotate the play Antigone, I also did extra research into other adaptations, and there was one titled Odale's Choice, but that doesn't seem like much to go off of; if anything, I guess it could be tied to Greek Mythology somehow..?"

With a small chuckle and apologetic smile, Erik shrugged once more, his hands shoved into his pockets. "All of this just sounds crazy; I don't know what to think about it...."

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Your hypothesis is better than what I found, Erik," Jonah chuckled as he gave a sheepish shrug, "All I found was just a vague google translate without much meaning behind it." Unlike his first interaction with Catherine, there was a warmth of familiarity present when he talked to Erik. Although he never considered Erik to be his closest friend, the two had often shared classes together and Jonah was never bothered by Erik's presence in the room.

"Also, to answer your question, Catherine," Jonah began with mock arrogance before transitioning into his usual playful tone, "After calling him crazy behind his back, you then went up and greeted him with 'Hail Hydra'. I mean, come on! Does he look like a comic book supervillain to you?" By now, he had gotten used to throwing playful jabs at the young woman, so he felt like there was little possibility for some sort of misunderstanding during their communication.

Just as Marcus was about to leave the cafeteria, he caught a burst of movement out of the corner of his eye. The senior spun on his heel just in time to glimpse Orm grab another boy by the collar and slam him against the wall. Marcus thought for a moment, and after a quick time check decided he could spare a few minutes to watch the scene unfold. Let's see just how much he lives up to his reputation, he thought as he meandered his way towards the altercation.

Marcus didn't catch the two's verbal exchange, but when he saw Orm go back to his food and pick out what was presumably a piece of balled of paper the pieces fell into place. So it's not like he just attacked that kid out of nowhere, the senior thought empathetically. But now that's probably all that these other kids are gonna see. With that thought came a new resolve within Marcus, a desire to learn as much about this junior as he could. And what better way to understand him than for it to come right from the source.

As Marcus approached Orm's table, he took note of the fact that the junior was sitting alone. Is it cause other kids are too scared, or is it that he legitimately wants to be alone? The senior wondered. He slipped the backpack off of his shoulders and set it on one of the seats across from Orm, then took the one next to it for himself so that the two were face to face.

"You're Orm, right?" Marcus asked, extending a hand for a shake. "I'm Marcus"

Last edited:
Catherine shrugged, it was all hocus pocus to her. The sky cracking? Maybe someone could confuse the aurora for a fractured sky; but, they were thousands of miles away from the nearest aurora and people turning into monsters? Oh please! You'd think by the age of high-school most kids would've stopped believing in fairy tales. Still, if they were innocent, wide-eyed believers, Catherine had no desire to ruin their prolonged childhood. She sure as hell wasn't going to sit down to any near-eighteen-year-old and explain to them why Santa Claus didn't bring them any presents this year. That was their parent's job and she was nobody's mama.

After hearing Jonah's reply, she crossed her arms and then shot back. "I dunno. Do you know any, more realistic cult greetings you'd like to share?"

"Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne?" She offered teasingly.

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Jonah took a moment to ponder, now that he was put up to a challenge, he had to follow through. While he could easily look up a suitable retort to Catherine's tease, it would completely invalidate any point he would've otherwise made by responding. Eventually, an idea for a witty comeback sparked into his head.

"Well, I've never been part of a cult before, but if I had to guess, it'd probably sound something like this," Jonah mused out loud before clearing his throat, allowing himself to speak with more baritone than usual, "Greetings, brother. Could I perhaps interest you in our lord and savior Eduardo?" It was admittedly hard to keep a straight and composed expression as he demonstrated, but he managed to finish his sentence without breaking character.

"The main problem with your greeting was that you assumed that all cultists are mustache-twirling supervillains, when they're probably more like office worker supervillains. That is to say, they're a more restrained type of evil." Jonah clarified while keeping his tone amicable as to avoid coming off as someone giving a serious lecture on a ridiculous topic.

Kirin sighed heavily at Catherine's continues cult comments, before looking at her with an annoyed expression.
"Es bueno saber que todavía hay idiotas en el mundo ..." He said out loud, purposefully loud enough for Catherine to hear.
He then looked at the newcomer, before giving them an introductory nod.
"If i was a cultist, do you really think i would try to recruit you of all people? No, i wouldn't."

Kirin then looked at Jonah, before musing "And a good example of a cult would be either Mormonism or the Jehovah's Witnesses. Those are 'religious groups' that display cult like features. And before you," He said, turning back around to Catherine, "Try to point out that's something only a cultist should know, here's my retaliation: Dè mu dheidhinn do dhùnadh suas agus inntinn do ghnìomhachas damn fhèin airson aon uair?" He said, briefly talking in his native Scottish Gaelic tongue, to prove his point, before crossing his arms and exhaling.

우와, he really does just speak his mind however he wants to, Erik remarked internally as the unknown senior--whose name he still hadn't received--fired back a curt retort in response to Catherine's comments. Smiling along with her and Jonah's playful exchanges, he let out an occasional chuckle as the two discussed the attributes of cults. Using a brief moment of silence between them to interject with his own thoughts, Erik gave a light shrug of his shoulders before speaking with an amused smile.

"Honestly, I don't think there's any one kind of supervillain to which cultists can be attributed; there's a cult for everything nowadays, so it gets awfully hard to tell which ones are actually serious. Like, if someone said, 'Now, my bread brother, you shall recite the pledges, forfeit your soul to the god of sourdough starter, and proclaim undying allegiance to the prince of active dry yeast in order to begin the ritual, preheating your spirit with earnest passion and baking everlasting purity into your heart.' I'm willing to bet there's at least one cult like that that handles their operations in a 'moustache-twirling-like' manner." The entire quote had been said in a monotonous expression, Erik’s demeanor unwaveringly stoic before it brightened back up with another smile and a soft chuckle.

The more he engaged in light-hearted conversation with his friends, the more relieved Erik found himself becoming that he had actually come to join them; it certainly beat the other option of sitting in an empty classroom alone, and it undoubtedly helped more to take his mind off of the strange occurrence from mere hours ago.

Last edited:
Orm looked at the newcomer at the table with a mix of surprise and suspicion. He didn't seem like a newcomer, so he'd probably heard plenty of rumors about him. Why would they bother to humor him with a visit? "I am, why do you ask? You don't look like a freshman and you know my name, so surely you know the stories around me." Ignoring the extended hand for now, Orm finished the last of his mac and cheese before looking Marcus straight in the eyes. He was taller than most of the people here and just barely shorter than himself, though he appeared to be physically stronger than Orm. If he had to guess, Marcus was enrolled in one of the school activities and either wanted him to join his group or reprimand him for attacking that kid. "Before you ask, I am not interested in any clubs you might want me to join and if I could relive the past five minutes, I would do the exact same. Anything else?" Deciding to shut down any attempt Marcus would make at persuading him, Orm crossed his arms and straightened his back. "Besides, I'm already dropped out. Not joining this place again because some random person asks me to join the boxing team or something, I'm not going back to balancing school and my personal life. Anything else you want to know or are you going to hand me a flyer for a team and leave?"

It was far from the most civil conversation, but why would he worry about what this random kid wanted to hear? Neither students or teachers gave him more attention than was needed, either out of fear or because they saw him as a lost cause. It just had to be one of those jocks that had to talk to him right after leaving, either to recruit him or for a dare. I'll join when pigs fly, how about that? The drop-out flexed his fingers as he began to imagine what Marcus' life was. A big house, plenty of food, one large car for his mother and one for his father, a swimming pool, perfect grades, the stereotypical rich boy who felt like he was on top of the world and too rich to understand the problems of peasants. Orm had barely met the kid and he already vehemently hated him. I bet he's never worked a single day in his life, he probably doesn't even know what minimum wage is other than the fact that his dad loves giving it to his employees. If he were a lesser man, he'd just get up and walk away, but the pride flowing through his veins like blood kept him seated. It had been a while since he met someone who was not intimidated by his presence or the rumors around him, plenty of which were fake with just as many being real, especially the ones about him getting in fights. If Marcus was looking for a fight, he could get one. Rich boy won't know what hit him. He thought in disdain as he looked at the jewellry that Marcus wore. Orm wore jewellry, but they were heirlooms that he'd gotten from his mom. None of them were as flashy as the stuff Marcus wore. He recognized the inscriptions om his rings as parts of the Bible and inwardly cringed, was he going to try and convert him?

"If the shoe fits..."

Catherine laughed, smiled, and left the rest of her sentence unsaid. Taking on Kirin wasn't on her list of inclinations, and she didn't even bother to piece together whatever he'd said. She caught a few choice words, one of which being 'idiot', but it'd take a bit more than that to ruffle her feathers. Instead of fussing, she picked up where Jonah had left off and promptly called him on his bull-shit.

"That example was just as bad!" She rolled her eyes, and then, leveling both Jonah and Erik with a look, continued.

"I'm not about to debate cults and supervillains with you."

Catherine made her stance crystal clear and left no room for further tomfoolery, huffing under her breath.

"Our lord and savior Eduardo...ridiculous."

Marcus was a little inwardly stunned by the sheer frankness of Orm's rant, though he did a good job at concealing it. This kid must really be used to people cowering in fear at the sight of him, he suspected, This might be more difficult than I thought. Marcus had always found the saying "The eyes are the window to the soul" to hold true, which was definitely the case as Marcus maintained the eye contact that Orm had established. The blonde boy's eyes gradually shifted from an initial suspicion to anger, until by the end of his speech they were practically seeping with rage. Marcus still maintained his calm expression, bearing a slight smile, hoping to show the boy he wasn't there to make fun of him or to otherwise put him down.

"I'm not here to ask you to join anything," Marcus began, "I'm just here for some conversation." The senior subconsciously rubbed his rings together, ever so slightly increasing the size of the spots where the finish had begun to wear. "I get the impression that you're someone who has something real to say, besides the usual nonsensical droning that most of these kids participate in." Marcus refused to cave under the pressure of Orm's intimidating presence, let alone the intensity of his glare.

He might be a little lanky, but he definitely knows how to use his size to his advantage. Marcus thought back to the way Orm had easily ripped that smaller boy from his seat and picked him up into the wall. And he's not just large, he actually is pretty strong. And coupled with that strength, his reach would be devastating in a fight.

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Jonah couldn't contain his laughter at Catherine's response to his approximation of the average greeting of a cultist, as well as Erik's equally as ridiculous suggestion. At the same time, he also mused on how certain religious groups exhibit cult-like behavior, Of course, there was an opportunity to make a witty comeback in response to Catherine, an opportunity Jonah was keen on taking.

"We could always debate about cookies and ice cream if that's where you want this conversation to go," Jonah's tone started out playful as he made a joking suggestion before reverting to his normal tone for a more sensible suggestion, "Or we could just go back to class since our amateur investigation has all but come to a close."

Orm raised an eyebrow, this was new to him. "Conversation huh? That's a first, so you think I've got something worthwile to say? Like what? Am I supposed to talk about how the school system is complete and utter garbage and that I don't know why I stuck around for so long? Because I doubt I can do that without getting angry and breaking something, and no one wants to see that. Marcus, right? If you want to hear something meaningful from me, the only thing I can tell you is this. The school only cares about your grades, prioritize yourself over them. You think I got off easy after my parents divorced? Maybe a day or two off? Less homework? No, instead I got student counseling to keep my grades up. Never a question about the reason behind the drop in grades, just a message to keep going until you die. Go do something fun to unwind, for all I care you're gonna join a gang, but do not let school get the better of you. If you do, god knows what happens to you and I doubt that he cares enough to do something about it. He's done jack shit for me after all." Deciding to take a jab at Marcus' potential religion, he leaned forward on his arms. He couldn't just want to talk to him, there had to be more behind it. He wanted to see how Marcus would fare against a blatant insult to his religion, Orm was not completely sold yet that he wasn't about to get a Bible thrown in his face. "Is that what you wanted to hear?"

Marcus mirrored Orm's movement, leaning forward so that his forearms were resting on the table. He subconsciously folded his hands, producing an audible clack as his rings touched touched onto the hard plastic. There's the ticket, Marcus thought with a hint of satisfaction as he listened to the junior. He's not just an asshole, he's lashing out. Upon Orm's comments about religion, Marcus added, Maybe he's a bit of an asshole.

The senior shook his head and ran a hand through his hair, breaking eye contact with Orm for the first time since they started talking. "I can't say the good lord above has been too kind to me, either," he admitted. "To tell you the truth, I don't really think he's up there." It wasn't something Marcus made a habit of telling people, but he didn't actively try to hide it either. "I wear these-" Marcus pointed his pinkies up to show his rings. "-because they were my mother's. Her faith was the most important thing in her life before she passed away." It still didn't save her in the end, he thought bitterly. Marcus found himself back on that night for a brief moment, but regained his composure quickly.

"They're inscribed with her two favorite verses." The senior continued. "One involves overcoming temptation, and the other about matching your words with actions." Marcus leaned back in his chair and folded his arms. "I find them to be helpful reminders."

"That, at least, is a realistic conversation," Catherine said, with overdrawn exasperation.

"My favorites are Sugar Cookies and Strawberry Icecream, in case you were interested."

However, as Jonah had rightfully pointed out, their investigation had concluded and classes were right around the corner. Unless they wanted to be written up for tardiness, it really would be in their best interest to depart with due swiftness.

"We should get going."

Catherine headed for the door, expecting to hear a few final quips from Jonah or maybe some slack from Kirin; but, what she hadn't expected was to experience a split-second seizure. A sudden pulse of energy that had, in an instant, metamorphosized her body.

Stepping across the door frame was like stepping into a whole different world. The palette of colors applied to the halls and lockers of the school—still vibrant from their priming a month prior in preparation for the incoming students—had suddenly become dim and muted; but, as if in exchange, her focus had sharpened to knife's edge, rendering everything laser-sharp.

She felt her ears twitch, feeling oddly itchy, and she instinctively wiggled them—something she'd never been able to do before. She could hear the garbled voices of students departing the cafeteria, muffled at first, and then, like antennae seeking out a signal, her ears swiveled—something they definitely couldn't do before—and she could hear them talk with crystal clarity. It was like they were right next to her; but, she could clearly tell that they weren't. A few more twitches and she felt like she knew exactly where they were.

The changes were disorienting, but only slightly. She would've staggered, losing her balance, if not for the swishing, stabilization of a fifth—or maybe sixth—appendage that she'd suddenly become aware of.

Her entire body felt impossibly light and svelte, tingling with a pleasant sensation that she couldn't quite put a name to. The sensation was blissful but short-lived.

Catherine's sudden euphoria was broken as her ears swiveled to pick up on a cacophony of piercing shrieks one of which she recognized as her own as—during her stupor—the classroom door had closed on her tail.

Kirin was about to say a snarky comment back when he felt for a split second like he had an aneurysm. His eyes were blurry, but they snapped attentive when he heard Catherine yelp. He saw Catherine, now sporting cat-like ears and a tail that split in two that was currently stuck in the door jam. As he turned around more to get a better look, he felt something swoosh behind him, and then heard several schooldesks slam against the opposite wall.
Try as he might, but no matter what he tried, he couldn't figure out what was behind him. He turned around fully, and for everyone else in the room, revealing a massive, spiked dragon tail that whipped around the air around it. Kirin couldn't figure out what it was, so he gave up, and returned his gaze to Catherine, to where he couldn't hold back his laughter and broke into a giggling fit.
first thing she managed to do was get stuck in a door jam? HAHAHAHA!
Of course, Kirin had no idea to why she HAD changed now, but he thought that he might as well enjoy the moment while it lasted.
He felt no different, to himself at the very least.

"You got a serious sweet tooth, huh, Catherine? I personally like snickerdoodles and coffee ice cream, nothing too sweet."

Checking his phone, Erik noticed that he had about four minutes before the next period began, so he had followed Catherine out of the Spanish classroom after pocketing the device and stretching his arms. Unfortunately, she had been too far away for him to squeeze through the narrowing gap in the doorway, but as it closed in front of him, he noticed something that was long, furry, and definitely out of place get stuck in the door. Wait, is that a tail--

And all hell broke loose.

From the room occupied by only him and Jonah, Erik could hear the panicked shrieks ringing throughout the building outside the door, identifying the loudest scream to be coming from Catherine. Hurrying to the door to open it and check on the girl, he called out, "Catherine, you okay?" He had planned to scan his surroundings as soon as he came out into the hallway, searching for his friend so that he could make sure she was okay, but upon leaving the room, he immediately recoiled in shock. Quickly backing into the closest wall he could feel behind him, Erik winced in pain as the cacophony ringing out throughout the entire campus was easily muffled by the din assaulting his ears. His eyes were tightly shut as his sharp inhales of discomfort intensified into near screams. To the naked eye of anyone who could even manage to glance at him, the boy was covered in a bright, silver light that illuminated everything in its reach.

For what seemed like hours, Erik was in pure agony as the jarring sounds in his ears shook him to the core. The fierce dance of blazing fire, the howl of raging winds, the explosive crackle of lightning strikes, the violent rumble of rolling thunder, and, most prominent amidst all the noise, the bone-rattling roar of what sounded like several dragons. The din finally began to subside, but as Erik's senses returned to him and the light surrounding him faded away, he quickly found out that something was very, very wrong. His normally lean physique now felt like it had put on more bulk, and those who were familiar with his figure's appearance could tell that he was visibly more toned than before, though not completely 'ripped'. He had also grown a bit taller, gaining an extra two-ish inches in height; however, Erik noticed something much more concerning.

His vision had been obscured by a near-blinding white light in the midst of his recent fit of pain, but Erik's eyes adjusted without his knowledge, aside from everything looking a slight tone brighter. Looking down, he noticed a sight and texture on his body that made no sense at all, and his mind--well, whatever left he felt he could salvage to make some sense of the situation--immediately recalled the memory of having to wear uncomfortable, traditional clothes for a family picture. Weakly making his way to a window where he could see his reflection, Erik now saw himself in a slim-fit, Korean hanbok. There was also the bright, silver hair, the glowing eyes, and what seemed like glimmering dragon tattoos that were visible from underneath his clothes........ huh?

Not knowing what to do with this rush of.... everything, Erik attempted to make his way over to Catherine, who, upon further examination, had undergone an unusual change as well, evident by her clear feline traits. However, as he walked toward her, using the wall next to him for support, he was suddenly stopped by a rush of a multitude of sensations. A feeling similar to TV static, coursing through his body, an intense heat that surrounded him; he immediately fell to the ground, struggling to regain his footing as his left hand suddenly ignited with bright, red fire, light blue electricity crackling around his right. Erik stared at his hands incredulously before sitting in a slump against the wall beside him; all of this was way too much to handle.

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
Yukiro had just felt a tingle on his back, like someone touched it or something, but as he checked behind him the only person he saw was Adrian, He continued walking, and walking became running as he burst into an empty bathroom with Adrian left behind. He had checked the bathroom mirror to see himself, with four tails and a pair of fox ears. "What the hell? Is this a joke?!" He was furious, as he remembered something. Zola, The Prophecy that she was talking about, Could it be real? Yukiro didn't know for sure, Yukiro was definitely confused, He was also a little frustrated. He had to accept what had happened to his transformation.

Yukiro saw someone come into the bathroom, Nobody important as he pointed his hand at the student, As an illusion appeared infront of the student. "W-what the hell?! Wait... Is it... Am i..." As Yukiro came to the revelation that he was, A Kitsune. He had just read a book about it in the library probably a few days ago. "This is crazy... This can't be true..." Still in disbelief, He noticed the boy who was still under the illusion. "This is real Yukiro. I must accept the fact that i'm a Kitsune now." Yukiro saying things to himself that this is the new reality. he knew this was the new "reality". He just had to adapt to it.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Jonah nodded silently as he made a mental note of Catherine's preferences in regards to Ice Cream and Cookies. As for his own preferences, his favorite type of cookie was chocolate chip and his favorite flavor was vanilla, indifferent to how traditional his preferences may be. The senior was going to make a clever remark where he would offer to make cookies for Catherine, but his words were stymied by her transformation. Jonah was lost for words as he saw the girl gain feline features, though he remained aware of his own bodily changes. Most notably, he had grown about three feet in size, grown gills along his neck, and his skin had been replaced with blue serpentine scales. His fingertips were replaced with talons that you'd likely find on an alligator or a crocodile, and his fingers gained a thin layer of webbing between them. Lastly, his previously blond hair had become silver and his eyes became a striking aqua green. As a result of his increased size, Jonah's shirt had begun to tear, which didn't really bother him much. Underneath his torn shirt, once could see a newly gained muscular build. While nothing seemed to change for Jonah, he was able to notice the changes of the others in the room, with Kirin also becoming a draconic being and with Erik becoming some sort of glowing deity who was panicking from all the sudden changes. Since Erik was incapacitated due to his panic attack and Kirin showed no interest in helping Catherine, that left Jonah with the responsibility of opening the door to alleviate the cat-girl's pain. He wasted no time in walking over to open the door of the classroom, even neglecting the time to think of a smart remark to accompany his actions.

I should try to comfort Erik after this, he seems to be having a rough time...