• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Oscillation: Fractured Skies (RP Thread)

After Kirin stopped laughing, he walked over to the door and opened it, before turning around and seeing Erik basically convulsing on the ground with different elements surrounding different parts of his body.
Yeah probably shouldn't touch ANY part of that yet He thought, instead walking down the hall, his tail smacking people into the lockers behind him. He walked into the boys bathroom, seeing a boy who seemed to have become a Kitsune. He slightly moved, whacking the water fountain off the wall from the entrance of the bathroom, STILL not noticing that anything had changed.
"Huh. Hello there." he said, completely oblivious to his own situation, before studying the kid more.

"Dang, is class so soon?" Sarah asked. "Well, looks like big guy backed off of the other guy."

She watched the frustrated Orm with some interest. And then another kid came over, trying to...dissuade him? Calm him down? Figure him out? She wasn't precisely sure, but she was also pretty sure it wasn't her business to get up in. "Hope that ends well for that guy. I mean, he probably only means the best, right? Of course, that guy still totally isn't supposed to be here, so..."

Her observations met a quick and sudden end though- As her eyes were filled with light, and something had...changed. As if a great burden had been set on her psyche, a sense of right and wrong, senses of justices. And something echoed, it the back of her mind. It began quiet, the letter 'S' clear enough. But as moments passed it became clearer, and the word- or name, rather- kept repeating.

Siegfried.
Siegfried.
Siegfried.
Siegfried.
Siegfried.

And as soon as she was gone from reality, she snapped back to it. Her lunch tray dropped on the floor, bounty of spinach as well. Though that quickly became the least of her worries.

Things were...different. The room seemed to be a slightly different perspective. Or was she seeing it from another perspective? She couldn't quite tell at a glance. And something else...the students had all...Changed. Some had. Others were looking at those who had with just as much bewilderment and fear. "I- Where- What?" Sarah managed to get out a few words, before she glanced to where Lifon had been just a moment before, only to find that he...well, he wasn't quite the same either.

"What happened to you?" Was about the best sentence she could squeak out- Unaware of the changes to her body as well, particularly her now white hair and a few inches of height. Not that Lifon would notice that in particular...

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
"I'm the same, I only watched it originally to see if there was anything more to it than just her going crazy out of nowhere, but there isn't much more to it than that it seems." With that, Sam pulled up the video again and started watching it with Thomas. THe video started in the middle of her breakdown, as people didn't know to start recording until she went crazy. Sam would've liked to have seen the start, but he took what he could get. He watched as people laughed and belittled the poor girl who couldn't seem to tell reality from fantasy. It would be ridiculous for anything like what she described to actually happen, people can't turn into creatures of myth.

Or at least, that used to be impossible.

All of a sudden the light in the hallway seemed to turn into a multitude of colors as if the white light in the sky had fractured into fragments. If people had looked out the window, it's likely they would've noticed as much was true, but Sam was occupied with a much more pressing matter. He didn't have much time to process it, his body started to shrink as his hair began to grow. He felt something protrude out of his back against his clothes which all became much looser and struggled to stay on him. He felt his legs change, his feet starting to feel immensely uncomfortable and his toes break through his shoes as they transformed into those of bird talons. Sam clutched onto his pants with one hand, and with both hands to make sure they didn't slide off. While doing so, his arm seemed to bump into something protruding from his chest. He didn't have time to think about the changes to his back, all he was able to manage, in a much higher voice than he was used to hearing, was a single phrase. "What... the actual.... fuck?"

Last edited:
Adrian raised an eyebrow when he saw Yukiro turn around to look at him, but showed a clear sign of surprise to see that he had suddenly grown fox like appendages, he reached out and was about to tell him to wait only to see that his hand had changed to a deathly pale color with his fingernails much longer... and sharper. Adrian felt a slight discomfort in his mouth and let his tongue travel around to find it, only for it to be stopped by his surprisingly longer teeth, he decided to follow Yukiro in to the bathroom to look at himself in the mirror, but on his way there, his body felt extremely light as if he was on the moon, this was only for two seconds as he stormed in and went to see himself in the mirror... but as he gazed in the mirror, he couldn't see himself in it, while the mirror reflected everything else it saw, there wasn't a single sign of Adrian's reflection.

"Uh... Yukiro...?" Adrian asked as he began to get nervous and slowly step back. "What the hell is happening to us...?" He asked as he turned his head to him, his skin was even more pale than ever, easily mistaken for white, his hair which was once a rich golden blond color also looked as white as snow, his clear and bright sky blue eyes were now a sickening shade of blood red.

Tommy watched disgusted a bit by the recording people actions, although she agreed that the girl could simply go crazy, such people need help and not to be threaten like some sort of trash. he was about to comment this but he felt a huge, sudden pain in his head, the painfull sensation like if something was drilling through his skull and came to outside world, he grabbed his head immidietly. His skin became very pale and on his crow-black hair appeard snow-white tips and his eyes became silver too. On his head a huge, black and branch-like horns that looked like an antlers or something. When the pain was over he looked... At a place where Sam should be standing, instead he saw in his place a pretty girl, that possesed a golden wings like some sort of angel, or that was at least Tommy thought at first. He noticed after a second that she is in Sam's clothes.
"Who are you!! Why do you wear Sam's clothes?!" he asked loudly.

Orm let out a single chuckle. "Sounds like some verses I can agree with, plenty of people make promises and just don't keep them. I'd say it's pitiful, but I can't bring myself to pity them. If you're not sure if you can keep the promise, then don't make them. Simple as that, yet some people just don't get it. As for temptation, didn't Jesus say something about gouging out your eyes if you can't stop looking at someone? A bit drastic I'd say, but if it works, it works. If only he did that, then we wouldn't be struggling." The junior's eyes narrowed for a fraction as he thought about his biological father, someone who he refused to call anything else than that. "You don't seem to be intimidated by the rumors how so? Never heard of the so-called Serpent?" Waiting for an answer, the mac and cheese inside his stomach began to act up. The feeling didn't stay centered in his stomach though, it moved throughout his whole body.

Pins and needles stabbed every part of his body, numbing his arms and his legs which made scratching at the tons of itchy spots that flared up all over his body. It was as if his skin dried out in an instant, but he couldn't think about that very long as sharp pain flared up in his mouth. It felt like he bit down on his tongue with no disregard of consequences, but that was not all that he felt. His teeth were painfully growing, it reminded him of his wisdom teeth but ten times worse. What was happening to him? Grimacing in pain, he revealed a row of sharpened teeth to Marcus before looking at his arms and recoiling in shock, almost falling from his seat. His arms were gone! "Wh-what's happening to me?!" A hissing undertone was added to Orm's words and the junior stood up in shock, though he was unable to take a step. He could feel himself get bigger and broader and even if he didn't, the sound of his clothes tearing would inform him. His sweater got torn to shreds and revealed that his skin got replaced with black and green scales of all things. His pants followed the same fate as his sweater, though it appeared to completely smooth from his chest to the end of his.....tail?

Twisting his upper body to check behind him, his legs had fused together to create a large muscular tail. Or was it an extension of his torso? He had no idea, but it felt wrong like no tomorrow and looked like a massive pain. Shaking his head and noticing that his hair survived, somehow, he realized just how high up he was. He practically doubled in size! His mouth hung open in disbelief and fear as he turned to Marcus. "This....what is this? Serpent was just a nickname! This is not me! Why did this happen?!" Even though Orm looked like a giant snake, he still had his human mind and was legally still a child. A child that was scared out of his mind.

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
“Huh?” Just noticing the other person with a tail. Also seeing Adrian in a odd state. He looked at Kirin and answered his greeting. “Do we know each other?” Yukiro was a little mad about the sudden change. “Wait... Adrian, Why don’t you have a reflection? Are you some kind of vampire?” Yukiro had heard of them before, But looking again at Kirin, He noticed a large tail, Larger than his tails combined. “You also better look behind you, You have a pretty big tail” He also had tails but not as large as Kirin’s tail.

He didn’t know what was going on, but it felt like he knew something about this was part of the so called ‘prophecy’. “Wait! This seems like what the girl was talking about!” Yukiro didn’t think those words would come out from his mouth, but he felt like he knew that it was connected to Zola.

(OOC: I was on mobile when I wrote this post so if it’s a little short I’m sorry)

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Lifon ruffled through his backpack, sighing as he realized the mess he was worried about came into reality. The suddenly clank of Sarah tray landing startled the senior, rousing him up. Lifon swiveled his head towards Sarah.
"What the-" his worried question was cut short by a bewildered "W..h..o..a".
Lifon blinked again, feeling a faint sense of vertigo, but that wasn't the reason he blinked. His vision suddenly felt so clear. He felt heavier, yet lighter at the same time. And there was this strange sense he had, like having extra arms and legs. His body just, for lack of better terms, did not feel right.
Sarah's question worried him.
What happened to me? What does that me-?
Lifon looked down at his talons-wait.
Talons?
Normally Lifon would've yelped and/or jerked, yet for some reason despite his immense surprise, he calmly looked down the rest of his body, eyes widening as he noticed his shirt bulging with feathers and pants slightly ripped by a lion's hindquarters, yet showed no other reaction. Continuing his self search, Lifon looked backwards to see two giant wings and lion tail.
That did it.
Lifon's newfound stoic exterior shattered, leaving the male jumping sideways as if trying to escape his new limbs.
"I have WINGS. Why do I have wings? I shouldn't have wings! Why do I have a tail? I shouldn't-." Lifon cut himself off as he realized he was repeating himself. He needed to calm down...somehow. He turned to look at Sarah and stared at her, confused.
"When did you become so short?"
Really, he just wanted to focus on someone else's changes rather than his own.

At some point, someone had moved to dislodge Catherine's tail from the vice-like egress. She couldn't tell who it was, not because they were stealthy; but, because she was still reeling in shock, rendered insensate from the bedlam around her. She blinked—no, it wasn't a blink. Something had passed over her eyes, but Catherine hadn't lost visual for even a moment. That came in especially handy as Kirin exited the classroom, brandishing a newly spiked appendage with all the finesse of a wrecking ball. Catherine avoided the weapon by a thin margin, dancing away on the tips of her toes with a new-found talent for ballet and gymnastics. Her tails—of which she noted there were two: both with lengths near equal to her height, if not greater—whipped and curled, accounting for her jerky movements and maintaining her balance.

As Kirin went on to bulldoze through the hallway, Catherine gazed down at her hands, observing that her nails had acuminated and the texture of her palms appeared unnaturally soft and supple. The Senior could intuit usage of these new adaptions, but that only intensified her confusion.

"What...am I..?"

She had hardly expected to receive an answer, but the knowledge came to her.

'Mythickin...Nekomata?'

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Now that Catherine was no longer clamped by the door, Jonah was free to try to check up on Erik. Before he could, he noticed a transformed Kirin exiting the room bearing a wrecking ball for a tail like no one's business. Although he lacked the finesse of the recently transformed cat-girl, the senior was able to avoid being hit by the lethal out-of-control appendage.

Hope he learns how to get that thing under control. That could've killed me!

The senior acknowledged that he had underwent his own share of bodily changes, but he knew that some of his peers weren't handling their transformation as well as he was. While he couldn't get too close to the troubled boy given that he was radiating flames and electricity, Jonah carefully inched towards the wall that Erik was slumped up behind.

"Can you stand, Erik?" Jonah started out with a question before making any attempt to instruct his peer. The semi-aquatic young man made sure that his tone was soft so he wouldn't provide further disturbance to his distressed classmate. While the same event triggered both of their transformations, it was clear that his transformation differed greatly from Erik's. Therefore, he found it wise to get the best possible understanding of Erik's situation so he could be as effective as possible in easing the glowing young man

Last edited:
Marcus was glad that he and Orm were able to find some common ground in their discussion. He's got his own sort of code, he concluded as he listened to the junior speak. And it seems that he sticks by it. He's clearly an introspective guy, and probably knows himself better than these kids around us know themselves. "After a while the rumors start to lose their luster," Marcus responded, "So I wanted to see for myse-"

The senior was cut off by an immense pain erupting from the core of his very being, as though a bolt of lightning had been sent by God Himself to smite him for admitting to being a non-believer. Instantaneously there was an incredible roaring in his ears, far louder and more prolonged than anything he had ever come close to experiencing in his entire life, and Marcus instinctually shot his hands up to the sides of his head in an effort to stop it as he cried out in pain. His effort was in vain, however, and Marcus was completely overwhelmed by the assault on his hearing.

Marcus' eyes rolled up into the back of his head and he slumped forward onto the table, though by sheer luck one of his hands slipped under his head just before it bounced off of the hard plastic. He could hardly even comprehend what was happening, and the only thought he could muster was, This...this is...it. Marcus was only on the table for a second or two before it was abruptly shoved into his body, knocking him back and out of his chair.

As he fell, time seemed to slow in Marcus' psyche. For the first time, he was aware of a new set of appendages that had torn the back of his shirt apart. Wings? He couldn't see them but he could feel them, and as Marcus was vaguely aware of what was happening to him, he tried to flap them to slow his fall. If I ca- And in that moment the back of Marcus' head hit the ground, bouncing twice before the angel lay still.

Kirin was puzzled, but he attempted to look around before finally getting a look.
"Huh. thats cool." he said, not really taking into thought the repercussions of it. He then thought about it slightly more, before thinking to himself "Man, if i could get it to temporarily like stash away that'd be fu-" In a fraction of a second, the tail was gone.

"
Whoa, that's useful," he mused, before looking in the mirror. "My ears are sharper it seems, but i can't tell much of anything else..." he said, before noticing that someone else had no reflection. "Wack, now you can't ever see your reflection."
Kirin crossed his arms, before trying to think of what he could possibly be.
The answer appeared as a thought:

"Legendkin... Bahamut?"
he paused, before saying
"I have no fucking idea what that's supposed to mean."
He then proceeded to temporarily stash away that thought.

Last edited:
Adrian was somewhat surprised at what Yukiro thought, although it explained a lot of things that happened to him. "If that's true, how the hell did Zola know all about this in the first place? What's gonna happen to us?" Those questions and so many more flooded Adrian's mind as he put his hands to his head, clearly worried.

"Mythikin... Vampire?" Those words echoed louder than the many questions in Adrian's mind briefly before he looked at his hands to see his dagger like nails as well as his pale skin before he turned his head over to Yukiro. "Of all the things that could happen to us in life, why the hell did we have to be a part of something so bizarre...?" He said before he noticed Kirin who mentioned his lack of a reflection. "Then how am I gonna be able to see my own face in case anything's wrong with it?"

Orm gasped as he watched Marcus grow wings out of all things out of his back and tried to stop his fall, only to remember that he no longer had arms. To make matters worse, the smell of low quality mac and cheese assaulted his nostrils. He'd never noticed it before, but now that he did he began to wonder why he ever ate that stuff. "This can't be happening, it has to be a dream!" The junior said to himself as he shook his head before picking the unconscious Marcus up with his mouth by the angel's shirt and placing him down on the table. Now what? His mind screamed at him to run away, but where to? He was way too big for any of the doors. Was he supposed to ask a teacher for help? What were they going to do? Even if they were capable, they can't just reverse all this! Orm decided to stay put and wait next to Marcus, noticing that his lower body curled itself up for the upper body to lean on. Never one to deny an opportunity like that, he 'sat down'. Am I standing, sitting or lying? What is this position? Mulling over the new question that arose, a voice filled Orm's head that was not his.

Legendkin: Jörmungandr.

Orm looked around in shock, but could not find anyone nearby who could've said that. Taking a couple of deep breaths, the boy began to think. He'd read that name before, but where? He was confident it was after watching a movie, it started with a T. It had the subtitle Ragnarok, he knew that for sure. Trailing through his memories, he tried to figure out why Jörmungandr sounded familiar before recoiling in fear. "No...that can't be real! It just can't be! The situation checks out, but it can't be!" When Jörmungandr would let go of his tail, Ragnarok would occur. That's the end of the freaking world! Is it happening now? Do I need to bite my tail? What if it is already too late? Will anyone blame me for whatever happens? The junior was, quite understandly, freaked out at the realization and the possible implications. "Oh my god, we're all doomed!"

Marcus...
Marcus get up...

Marcus...
RAPHAEL! RISE!

Marcus gasped as he shot up into a sitting position, the back of his head aching even though his ears were devoid of the previous onslaught. He ran his hands through his hair, clutching the sides of his head until he realized that his right hand came back slick. He held it up to his face to inspect it, only to find that his entire arm was slightly transparent except for the tips which were coated in a bright red substance. "What the..." He murmured in disbelief, looking down at his torso to find that it too was semi-transparent. Through his transparent torso Marcus caught a glimpse of...himself...and he whipped around to see that he was laying on the gym floor with a very small pool of blood formed underneath his skull.

The boy sat silent as he took in the sight below him. That really is me, he thought, reaching out a hand to touch his own face. As if he were using a voodoo doll, Marcus felt on himself any touch he committed to the body beneath him. But different? He seemed mostly unchanged, save for the pair of wings that had miraculously sprouted from his back. They were laid flat out beneath him, and by Marcus' own estimates the wingspan was at least twelve feet. He tentatively reached his right hand down towards the left wing, and was shocked to realize that he felt that touch too.

Marcus whipped his head to the side and saw his wings for what was technically the second time but felt like the first. They were long, each as long as he was tall, and they seemed about as thick around as his torso. He gently swayed them back and forth, slowly getting used to a sensation that felt like all the blood was rushing back to his wings after they'd fallen asleep. I'm an angel? Marcus looked back down at the him laying on the floor, and realized that he had dripped blood onto himself when he had bent over to examine the wings. He looked back down at his own transparent body, and a thought crossed his mind which he vocalized without any expectation of an answer. "Am I...dead?"

"No, just dying."

The voice, the same voice that had called out to Marcus before, spoke from behind him. He turned around to see a tall muscular man with curly black hair and a very short beard, clearly of Hebrew descent, dressed in an expensive looking grey suit. Marcus' eyes widened at the sight of the bright gold halo floating above his head, and if they could've widened more at the sight of the man's six wings they would've.

"You're dying, Raphael," the angel repeated. It barely even clicked into place that the angel was talking to him, but Marcus managed to stammer out, "Wh-Why are you calling me that, sir?"

"Because, Marcus," the man began, "You are Raphael, and you aren't." The angel began to slowly walk in a circular pattern around Marcus, bringing to his attention the pandemonium occuring around them. The lunchroom seemed frozen in time, as if the clocks had stopped ticking the moment Marcus hit the floor, but that wasn't the most bizarre thing he saw. The last thing Marcus could clearly remember was his conversation with Orm, but it wasn't Orm sat at the table anymore. In his place was a massive glowing snake, at least twice as tall as Orm was, and several times as thick. But it is Orm? Marcus wondered when he noticed the boy's head at the top of the snake's...shoulders?

"Something in the core of your very being has changed," the angel continued, still walking. Marcus noticed the boy whom Orm had manhandled earlier had sprouted his own pair of flaming wings. He too began glowing. "You, like them, have been Oscillated-" Out of the corner of his eye he noticed a very tall and toned girl with a complexion similar to his own and long hair the same color as his wings. Standing next to her was what Marcus assumed started out as a boy, but was clearly more than just a boy now. He was incredibly tall, maybe eight feet by his own estimates, with a torso covered in brown and white feathers, the bottom half of what looked like a lion, and his own pair of wings. Each of them began to glow as well as the angel continued walking and talking. "You are more than what you were before. You are a Legendkin."

"A Legendkin?" Marcus echoed softly. "Yes, a Legendkin. More specifically you are the embodiment of my brother, the Archangel Raphael." The name clicked in Marcus' memory, and he was immediately able to draw from his childhood of Bible stories and Catholic school to put two and two together. "So if I'm Raphael," he said, looking up at the angel. "Who are you?" The angel began to approach Marcus, who was still sitting on the floor. "I am the Messenger, Gabriel-" He stuck a hand down to Marcus, who graciously accepted it and hoisted himself off of the floor. Blood continued to drip from his head. "-and I have a message for you. I've suspended your consciousness in the moment before you die. You must heal yourself in this space, or else you will perish without ever living up to your Legend's legacy."

"Heal myself?" Marcus echoed again. He glanced back at his body on the floor, looking at the injury on his head. "How am I supposed to heal that?" Gabriel took Marcus' hand in his own and placed it at the back of the boy's skull. "Now will it to be." The angel instructed. Marcus obliged, and to his surprise he felt a warm and tingly sensation spread from his hand to his skull. The blood stopped dripping, and Marcus collapsed into Gabriel's arms. "You've healed the wound," Gabriel said, steadying Marcus back on his feet. "But it will take some time for your body to catch up. The ordeal of Oscillating has drained you, but after a short time you will be back to your full ability."

Gabriel placed a hand on each of Marcus' shoulders and steered him so that he was back in his original position facing Orm. "Don't let yourself or your allies die in the coming struggle." Gabriel commanded. "We will meet again." The angel pushed Marcus down, so that his spectral body fell right into place with his material one.

Marcus opened his eyes to find he was lying on his back again. The angel slowly sat up, checking his body to find that it was opaque again. But I can still feel the wings, Marcus thought, flapping them gently. He looked to his side and saw snake Orm...sitting?...with a look of shock on his newly scaly face. The lunchroom was fluid again and full of panicking students, including the ones whom Gabriel had pointed out to him in his vision. "Legendkin," Marcus murmured. "Oscillation. Holy shit, that crazy chick was right."

Last edited:
"Marcus, you're awake!" Orm let out a sigh of relief, having a dead body next to him would not be easy to explain. "You fainted or something after growing those massive wings, what's up with those? Are you a birdman or something? Oh, I also heard some voice in my head saying 'Legendkin: Jörmungandr." The foreign word rolled off his split tongue with ease, something that was surprising but appreciated. "I don't know much about them, but I've read about them after researching this thing called Ragnarok. Apparently they are a serpent that unleashes Ragnarok, also known as the end of all freaking times on the world when they let go of their tail? The serpent part checks out, I'm going to ignore the fact that it fits with my nickname for a second now. If what I think is happening is happening, then I somehow became this Jörmungandr. I never had my tail in my mouth though, does that mean the world's gonna end? Do I need to constantly bite my tail? Is it utter nonsense? What is going on here?" The junior raised his head as he talked, not that it really mattered to be able to maintain eye contact with Marcus. "Normally I'd be skeptic if the end of the world, but we already transformed into god knows what for whatever reason. I would not be surprised if it happened." Suddenly, Orm gasped. "Wait, does this mean my mom's changed too? Into what? I gotta contact her!" Frantically looking around for his phone, the boy found it next to his shredded clothes in pieces. It was an old phone and he could not use it without arms, but it still stung to see it broken like that. "Ohhh, mom's gonna kill me for breaking it."

Brushing off his shirt, Alex sat back down, leaving Orm to storm back to his seat. "I guess it fits his nickname. Whole lot of hissing, never any bite. Then again, that might be somebody else I'm thinking of." Promptly zoning out, Alex didn't give the person talking to Orm much thought, until a ringing began to creep into his hearing, slowly increasing in volumes. Eventually it began to become unbearable, and as Alex stood up to do, well, anything, his world shifted.

Nothing around him moved, yet he felt like everything about him was suddenly moving extremely fast, like a dizzyness but without the loss of orientation that comes with it. A word came to him; Alex's world 'Oscillated', and he could feel a heat bearing down on him. It felt hot for only a second, as if he'd flicked his finger underneath a hot tap, before dying down into a gentle warmth around his body. With a feeling of compete detachment, Alex watched across the room as the tall boy and his new friend began changing, shifting to new forms in ways Alex could barely understand. Eventually, Orm dwarfed his original size, easily having tripled in length. And he was a snake. That too. Alex felt like that should've stood out to him more, but everything around him felt numb. The other boy didn't experience as drastic a change, having only sprouted a large pair of pure white wings.

"So, what's happening here? Will I change too? Am I just delayed, or is it just some people? What's-" Alex's detached train of thought was cut off as the warmth he felt began to increase to a scalding hot, slowly increasing in intensity until, all at once, everything came back to him in a rush.

Alex fell to the floor. Or at least, he would have, if something behind him didn't flex, counterbalancing him almost instinctively and keeping him upright. He felt like he should scream, have some sort of response more drastic than a "huh", but he felt strangely calm about everything. He wasn't sure if it was that gentle warmth he'd almost immediately tuned out of his senses, or something that'd changed in him, but all he did as he moved his left wing in front of him and ran his hands down the feathers was murmer "what on earth..."

And though a rhetorical question it may have been, he still somehow knew the answer, as if a voice echoed through his mind:

"Mythikin: Phoenix"

Taking a step forwards, Alex folded his wings behind his back, still slightly taken aback by everything happening. However, the duo he saw earlier looked like they were talking, so he thought it'd be best to ask them about this. He felt more energetic than he remembered, and as he walked over, he heard the snake boy muttering something about biting his tail and his mother. Coming closer, he raises a hand in greeting to the angel boy, as snake seemed preoccupied with their broken phone.

"Hey, I'm Alex. Junior". Alex turned to Orm. "By the way, sorry about that paper thing, but I feel like we can kinda move past that with all this happening," Alex said, before turning back to what he presumed to be some sort of angel. "I know this is kind of an obvious question, but what happened?" Alex's eyes felt different somehow, and be realised with a start after looking at the scaley face of the angry boy that he had no idea if his own face had changed at all. Then again, that was a problem for another time.

Deep breaths. He just needed to take deep, deep breaths.

Erik had bitten down on his tongue multiple times in feeble efforts to wake him from his dream, desperately trying to convince himself that it was actually 6:30 AM and time to get ready for school. Unfortunately, with the pain of repeatedly biting his tongue followed the realization that this was all indeed real. Amidst all of this confusion, a deep voice echoed in his mind, only prompting more questions than answers.

Legendkin. 천지왕: The Celestial King.

Wait... king? Was he a king now? Erik had never been one too well versed with Korean mythology, but the last character of the word implied a sense of royalty, and the robes and clothes he now wore further strengthened that notion. If there was one thing he could gather from this transformation, it was that he really had to learn more about his native country's history and mythology.

Not knowing what to do with his powered-up hands, Erik simply placed them onto the tile floor as he leaned against the wall, closing his eyes and taking in as much air as he could. Fortunately, as his wild panic running rampant in his mind began to subside, the fire and lightning surrounding his arms began to fade dissipate as well. His concentration on relaxing and taking in everything he had just experienced was suddenly interrupted by a familiar voice, and upon turning to glance at its source, Erik nodded at what sounded like Jonah--though it definitely didn't look much like him anymore--as reassuringly as he could, taking one more deep breath before forcing himself back onto his feet with a grunt. He found himself standing a bit more weaker than usual, however, as he replied to Jonah's question warily.

"Yeah..... just having a bit of trouble taking all of this in. You got changed by whatever this was too, huh?"

Studying his friend's transformations, Erik began to realize how much easier he had it; while he had only gained some strange ability that ignited his hands in fire and surrounded them with lightning, along with a change into different clothes, Jonah and Catherine had undergone much more unusual changes. Upon noticing this, Erik let out a wry chuckle before rubbing his temple gingerly.

"Now I kinda feel like I was overreacting; you two definitely have it worse than me."

Marcus swung his legs over the edge of the table and hopped off, outstretching his wings to their fullest. The noise in the lunchroom was still incredibly loud, but his brain had begun to filter out a majority of it so that it wasn't such an unbearable roar. Marcus listened to his freshly-scaled acquaintance's concerns, and reassured him by saying, "I'm sure if you were going to cause the end of the world by removing your mouth from your tail, you would've started that way. Jormungandr was in a video game I played a couple of years back, and he wasn't biting his tail in that incarnation. But to answer your first question-" Marcus flapped his wings as if to draw attention to them. "-I'm Raphael, the Archangel."

Before he approached the pair, Marcus hadn't realized just how much heat was radiating off the flame-winged boy. Now that he was up close though, the angel briefly worried that he'd end up breaking out in a sweat from the temperature. "I'm Marcus, senior," he responded when Alex introduced himself, "And as far as what happened goes..." Marcus trailed off as he considered not telling Alex and Orm about his vision of Gabriel. He did tell me to keep my allies safe, though, the angel thought. And if we're gonna stay safe we need to be on the same page. "...it's changed who we are on a fundamental level. I'm Marcus Kosika, but I'm also the Archangel Raphael now, wings and all. As far as why goes, I have no clue." The senior offered a shrug, but had no more information to share. I can keep the details of the meeting to myself.

"Why am I so short?! Dude, you're MASSIVE!" She pointed at Lifon, who practically towered over her. She wasn't sure if she had gotten taller or not because of it. "You gotta be at least ten feet tall! Maybe even twelve!" Neither estimate was on the mark, but that wasn't really what she was paying attention to at the moment. "And you got wings! And a tail!!" She spun her head around to see the others in the room- And lo and behold, the two having a conversation just a bit ago had been transformed as well.

The kid who had approached the one whom was not supposed to be at school had also gained a pair of wings. But the drop out had dramatically changed. He had lost his arms, legs...and many limbs, in fact. He must've regressed- Progressed- Mutated- Whatever had happened to him, he was now a large serpent. And there was something about it that struck a chord within her. A deep, malignant fear and...anger. As if he was a great threat to her core being.

She suppressed those creeping feelings though with incredible shock as new thoughts, words, and feelings flowed through her mind.

A particular title had become clear in her head.

Legendkin, Kriemhild.

As if she had been linked to this title, or granted it. And then another thing, a distant...memory? A man, clad in furs, sword hanging off his hip. And that name- Siegfried -She could only tie it to this man.

But that clarity was fleeting, as she returned to the panic of the real world. Had she been changed physically? She tried looking, for a tail, or wings. She didn't find that, but did find her once brown hair now a shock of white. "My hair..." Sarah said, in about as subdued a tone as she could muster. "I guess I...got off easy?"

It probably wasn't the time to admit something like that, but considering the drastic transformations others had gone under...It was fairly accurate.

"That's a game though, this is real life. I believe it is atleast, it could just be a very realistic nightmare." Orm shook his head when Marcus told him about his own transformation. "I swear, this is some first class level irony. I literally live up to the title of serpent and you turn into an angel after declaring you don't really believe anymore, what's next? Someone who can't swim becomes a fish?" Giving his own two cents on the whole situation, the boy turned towards the newcomer and anger flared up inside of him. The paper tosser seemed to have changed too, yet the worst he got was a pair of wings and incredible body temperature. The junior quite liked the warmth, it felt as if it was giving him energy and loosened his muscles. It probably had to do with being a giant snake, but all Orm wanted to do was lie down and bask in the warmth this kid radiated. "Orm Skau, former junior before dropping out. If I knew what was going on, I'd do something against it. I do not like having no arms or legs. As for who or what I am, some weird voice said Jörmungandr, so I guess that means I am that? It's all very confusing. I haven't forgiven you for that paper stunt you pulled, but right now there are more pressing matters that need to be addressed." The serpent huffed, could this day get any worse or weirder?

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Jonah scratched his head, which he now had to do more carefully than usual since his fingernails were replaced with talons. He hadn't really thought much about his transformation, mainly because he was preoccupied with helping his friends adjust to their changes.

"I mean, it's not all bad on my end," Jonah shrugged sheepishly, "Sure, having gills is weird, and I miss having an unripped shirt and actual fingernails, but I'm fine otherwise." Now that he was allowed to think about his own transformation, he began to ponder what mythological creatures he turned into. Unexpectedly, a deep, booming voice seemed to appear in his mind just to answer this new question.

Legendkin: Ryūjin

Huh. I have no idea who that is...

As a result of his lack of knowledge and newfound curiousity, he turned to Wikipedia.

"So I've been turned into the Ryūjin," Jonah started as he scrolled through the article, "Who's apparently the Japanese patron diety of the sea, to my surprise. What about you, Erik? What myth did you get transformed into?"

Last edited:

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
"What do you mean why am I wearing Sam's clothes? I'm... Sam" This was when he... or rather she realized how high her voice was. She had no idea what was happening anymore. She had changed into a girl and her pants were practically falling off of her. Luckily there was something on her back that was filling up all of the excess space in her shirt and pullover... what that was she had yet have been made aware of. She reached to her back and she felt... wings. She now had a golden pair of wings jutting from her back, and they felt as natural as the rest of her body if anything about her new body could be described as natural. She pushed her now overflowing head of hair out of her eyes and looked at Thomas who had changed in his own way, now sporting a striking set of antlers. "What the heck happened to you? What the heck even am I?" As if out of nowhere a voice came to answer her question.

Mythickin: Siren

"A siren? But I thought those were supposed to be like mermaids or something, I have wings for pete's sake!" Screams started to sound from all around, it looks like they weren't the only ones to have changed due to... whatever this was. There were other people in the hallway who didn't seem changed, they just seemed nervous and scared of the freaks who were. "You don't think this could be what that girl was rambling about in the video... do you?"

"You are Sam?..." Tommy wasn't really convinced, but when he heard girl's suprise and how she start to lose her cool. He somehow decided to believe she was Sam. "What do you mean what happend to me? You want to tell me that I am not myself too?" he asked and touched his head just to feel pain as he touched sharp end of an antler. He also heard as Sam said out loud what he/she became...
"How do you know you are siren? If you are a siren then what even am I?" he asked and then he heard in his mind an unfamiliar voice, it didn't sound like human to him.

Mythickin: Leshen

That was an answer he received out of nowhere, for some reason his mind believed that answer, but... It didn't really helped with his question.
"I am... Leshen... But what in hell even is Leshen! I never heard about such creature before!" he said nervous and then decided to slap both of his cheeks with his hands to calm down and think logicaly. He could hear screams.. He and Sam wasn't the only ones that happend to change.. It didn't sound good.
" I don't know... In some way if it isn't connected to her rambling then either you or me are getting crazy ourselfs" he said and then added with calm voice, trying to help Sam with getting back his.... Her cool.
"Okay, at least none of us isn't alone in this so.. Let us wait for teachers to act or try to help others. Maybe others changed too, just like we did"

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Mission failed
Not only did Sarah immediately turn it around to himself, he was apparently giant according to her, so that was great new knowledge. It made him feel somewhat self-conscious, since Sarah herself was barely different. Oddly enough, the feeling was dulled, as if being fought against by something. Nevertheless, Lifon continued to nervously study himself, before a mental thought not belonging to him piped up.

Mythikin: Griffin

"Oh, Griffin. That explains this." he sighed in relief. Now the wings, the lion behind, and pretty much everything made more sense. Until he had another thought, that is.
"Wait, no it doesn't. Why am I a griffin?"
He almost freaked out again before being interrupted by Sarah's comment. In a way, he should've been offended, flexing her semi-normalcy when Lifon was basically a new person in terms of appearance. Yet the only thing he could do was laugh.
"Yeah, big-time. I have two extra limbs and a tail. That's two more wings and one more tail than humans normally have, you know, since we're stating the obvious."
He really couldn't get over having new appendages. It was such an odd sensation.

Last edited:
Kirin looked over at Adrian, slightly smirking.
"I mean, how bad could it be? Besides basically never knowing what you look like again its not that bad," he said, jokingly.
He then looked out at the halls, seeing the chaos that had been wrought. "Huh, outside it's almost as if someone smashed all the lockers out of anger," Kirin said, blissfully unaware. "I wonder if Erik stopped convulsing on the ground..." he muttered to himself. He was about to think of what Bahamut's purpose was, but got lazy and wikipedia'd it.
"Hmm... something something noble dragon something something disintegrating roar something endless war with sister Tiamat?" He paused, before realizing what that meant.
"I swear to god if i have to ever fight that abomination of a thing i wont be happy." he muttered.

| Korutesu |

Yukiro gave a little chuckle on Kirin's comment about Adrian.
Yukiro took a look outside and saw smashed lockers, And came up with a conclusion of who smashed them as Yukiro gave a chuckle "Well, Kirin i think you smashed all of those lockers" looking back at Adrian, "Well, Remember the girl in Spanish class? She was talking about some prophecy or something, And i think the 'Oscillation' was activated of some sorts, I'm not really sure about this, But this is what i could make up with all the information we have right now" He gave a pretty good theory, But something was missing, how was it activated? Was it just going to happen randomly? If it was activated, What activated it? Lots of new questions stashed up in Yukiro's head. It wasn't easy to take in being a Kitsune it also wasn't easy that his friend became a vampire, It all had happened too quickly for words he just had one more question why it had happened now?

While Yukiro laughed about Kirin's comment regarding how Adrian can no longer see his face, Adrian scowled, a clear sign that he didn't find it very funny, his only response was a light growl as he walked out of the bathroom with Yukiro and was surprised to see a row of decimated lockers. "Looks like someone in this school's turned in to something more destructive." Adrian said as he put his hands in his jacket pockets and looked at Yukiro as he explained his comment about what just happened. "I'm sure a lot of us would like to know how all this happened and if it's reversible... if I'm a Vampire, wouldn't that mean I'd have to feed on blood, can I still go through life eating my favorite foods? But more importantly, what will our lives become now that we're like the kinds of things you'd most likely see in mythologies? I kinda liked it better when we merely thought about what it'd be like, but actually being said mythical being is something else entirely..."

Kirin tailed the two*, looking at the other students reactions to their new appearances.
"Well, we might as well check out the cafeteria and see how other people are dealing with this," Kirin said, shrugging.
"From what i can tell, im some type of dragon, not sure what i can do yet." He said, casually.
"Speaking of which," Kirin said, before pulling out a pair of scissors and opening them, before holding them similar to a dagger.
He pulled up his sweatshirt sleeves, before looking at Yukiro and Adrian.
"Little experiment. Dragon's are supposed to have incredibly tough scales, right? So what if i..."
Kirin drove the sharp edge of the scissors onto his exposed skin. As it slammed against his skin, the scissor blade shattered into several shards, but his arm was unharmed. "oh HELL yeah, tough skin, i can finally survive banging my arm into every edge on furniture." he said, before tossing the broken scissors onto the ground. "wait damn now i'm down a pair of scissors- SHIT" he said.

*hA tail puns

Erik had already been scrolling through Wikipedia for search results on this "Celestial King", though he raised a brow in surprise upon hearing Jonah's description of his myth. Finally, after a few minutes of searching, he found an article on the 천지왕 본풀이, which was a...

"A Korean creation myth? Wait a minute, is this guy some sort of deity?"

Further examination confirmed his inquiry, and upon continuing his research into the "King of the Heavens and the Earth", Erik blinked incredulously. All of this seemed way too surreal to be true, but he hadn't woken up yet, and this nightmare felt horrifyingly real.... well, because it was, but Erik wasn't too eager to accept it at the moment. He pocketed his phone after finishing his research and turned to Jonah to explain who exactly he "was"--was that even the right term? Had he just become 천지왕?

After concluding a brief explanation of the myth, Erik held up his finger to excuse himself for a moment before turning to walk toward one of the lockers Kirin had passed by and smashed with his tail. Picking up one of many large, metal shards, he took a deep breath before slowly running the sharp edge of the fragment across his arm, making a small incision in his skin. Despite the blood that was drawn, Erik sighed in relief upon seeing that he could still break skin. Good to see that I'm not a full-on god; don't know how I'd be able to handle everything if I could. Well, not like I can handle anything going on remotely well already.

| Korutesu |

Yukiro nodded at Kirin's suggestion
"Kirin's right, No doubt someone's also been affected by the 'Oscillation' there" Yukiro wanted to know more about this, So far he hasn't seen another Kitsune or Vapire like him and Adrian, so it may mean that there can only be one species for a single person at a time. He was now able to float (In the Yo-Kai-Watch anime the Kitsune Yo-Kai was able to float, why not him) "Uh... Adrian? What the hell's going on?" Yukiro still didn't know what to do, so he just rolled with him floating. He really didn't know what to do, And exited the bathroom.

Kirin looked at Yukiro floating, before replying "oh what the hell you can float? Im going to 1-Up you on that, i can feel it." He said, thinking.
"Wings, eh?" he murmured, concentrating. Then, similar to before, in a fraction of a second, One large, spiked pair of wings sprouted from his back. "Oh fuck yes, get 1-Uped" he said, smirking. Having wings was different from having a tail, as he could feel the new appendages. He tried flapping once, and behind him a violent gust of air shot down the hall.
"Maybe i SHOULDN'T try out the large dragon powers inside the closed halls..." he said, looking at the several lockers that were already damaged now had their doors torn from the hinges.
He folded them inwards to prevent them from snagging on everything, as he finally correlated spiked appendages might cause collateral damage.
"So, what powers do we even know we have? And how in the hell is anyone going to calm down with all this going on?" he said, partially distracted by his newfound wings.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Jonah's eyes widened in surprise as he heard Erik describe the myth that he oscillated into. While both of them were gods, one of them was just the god of the sea, whereas the other was God of the sea, everything else on the earth, and heaven. Although that made his transformation less impressive in retrospect, Jonah wasn't bothered by that fact. Instead, he turned to Catherine to check up on her, now that Erik was mostly back to normal.

"What about you, Catherine?" Jonah questioned, "Clearly, you turned into a cat, and while I have half a mind to make a terrible pun about it, there are better topics of conversation to endeavor in."

Catherine continued to inspect her body, meticulously examining her ears and tails. She still floundered at her transformation, but her ears twitched as Jonah addressed her. She had been following along with their impromptu therapy session half-heartedly while she tried to cope with her own changes, but with the conversation focused on her, it was about time that she joined in.

"I'm mythickin... a Nekomata?"

~~~~~~

"I—"

Abruptly, Sam felt himself choke, her voice hoarse and waning to an unintelligible whisper. Feathery appendages flew to his throat, clutching at the strange, lump-like sensation. For some inexplicable reason, his voice had vanished! Maybe it had to do with her changes? Siren's were known for their singing voice, after all, had something gone wrong?

Aside from the vanishing vocals, the harpy Siren didn't feel any different. She turned towards Tommy, slightly panicked, and gestured her agreement whilst also trying to convey her lost voice.

Having these two together might be an issue, Marcus thought as he watched his companions' interaction, I hope I won't have to babysit them while we figure this out. "You're right," he interjected, "There are more pressing matters to attend to, like dealing with this noise." The angel could barely understand his acquaintances through the sheer volume pouring into his ear canal, and it took all he had not to pass out from the monster headache he had brewing. I hope I'm not concussed, he worried, This doesn't feel the same as that other time though.

Marcus' backpack had been knocked on the floor when he was, and after scooping it up he began rummaging through the pockets until he found the little packet of tylenol he kept for emergencies. He tore it open and poured both capsules directly into his mouth, swallowing with a grimace and stuffing the wrapper back into the backpack. Now how am I gonna stop the sound? Marcus wondered, until he remembered the change of gym clothes in the bag's front pocket. He took a sock from his extra pair, tore two strips from it, wadded them up into little tubes, and stuffed them into each ear. It's a little better, Marcus thought, but actual earplugs would be much better.

Marcus turned back to Orm and Alex and resumed their conversation. "You're definitely right about the irony, Orm." He glanced over at the lion-bird and the white haired girl. "We should get them in on this, three's a crowd but five's a party." The angel noticed for the first time the shocked stares that the rest of the lunchroom was giving them. Hopefully they won't give us any trouble.

BZRT~

The sound of static could be heard in every hall, classroom, and lounge across Zenobia; the school's PA system crackled to life preceding the uneasy, elderly voice of the Principal.

"Ahem," The Principal started, "in light of our...circumstances, classes will be suspended until further notice. All students are to report to the backfield where teachers will be waiting to take a head count!"

Last edited:
Thomas smiled to Sam as he... Saw her agreement, which he didn't really expect. After that long monologue that he said. Someone would think that Sam could also have something to say.
"Hey, something wrong happend? You were talking normally just a while ago!.. Or maybe I am overthinking it.. Can you tell me if you like blue or green colour more?" he asked to check Sam's answer, at the same time he heard the instructions on what to do by the principal and smiled to Sam. "See! I knew they gonna take an initiative! Now, we just gonna report to our homeroom and everything should be fine!" he grabbed his/her hand and wanted to go through a hall to homeroom, but... He released Sam's hand, turned to her and said "Ummm... You know where it is?"

Adrian was surprised to see that Yukiro began to float in mid air which reminded him of the brief feeling of his body being extremely light, did he also have that ability? This was a question best saved for later as there were more important matters. "I dunno, you wanna get down?" Adrian asked as he held his hand out to his friend just in case, when he heard Kirin grew a pair of wings to one up Yukiro, he sighed with slight annoyance. "Yeah, maybe you shouldn't." He said before he looked up when he heard the teacher's announcement and wondered if the teachers were just as freaked out by this strange phenomenon as those who were affected by it. "Well... no history for us." Adrian said as he turned around and went to go to his homeroom with the hope that Yukiro would follow. "What kind of creatures do you think the teachers turned in to?" Adrian asked.

"Hey- hey, listen mate, no need to decimate those socks. Whatever you transformed into, if there's sound bothering you, just take these." Pulling his earbuds out of his ears, Alex handed them to him. "You could use them more than I could right now"
Having mostly been zoning the rest of the room out, Alex followed Marcus's gaze across the room, to a white-haired girl and a strange combination of lion and human, with a pair of eagle-looking wings to match his own. It was only then, looking across the room that Alex realised how well he could see them. Every hair in the lion's fur stuck out to him as if magnified, yet it looked no different to him. However, as soon as the question of 'how' crossed his mind, the answer came to him with a start.

"Passive ability: Eagle eyes"

That cleared a few things up, at least. He wasn't making things up earlier and he really did hear a voice, said voice is treating these transformations as 'abilities' and he could see further. Presumably, this wasn't just something personal to him, though how quickly some people would catch on Alex wasn't sure.

As he was thinking, the loud crackle of the PA system sprung to life, with the principal somehow sounding as apathetic as ever.

"Hey, I'm gonna go see if those two want to join us. You guys can go on ahead if you want to, I'll catch up," Alex said, pointing to the transformed duo.

He wasn't sure whether anything had changed about Orm mentally, but the tension between them was palpable and he wasn't willing to get Marcus involved just yet, so giving he hoped it would give him a bit of time to cool off. Whether snakes could cool off was a different question, but that was a problem for another time.

Alex walkes over to the duo on the far side of the cafeteria, taking care to sidestep the lunch spilt on the floor, and tapped the white-haired girl on the shoulder.

"Hey, we're going down to the field. You want to join us?"

Last edited:
"A griffin, huh?" Made sense to Sarah. He had lion parts, and big broad wings, and was...big all around. She didn't know much about griffins other than the general appearance, but she figured there probably wasn't much more to it than that.

...So what was a 'Kriemhild', anyways? Or a Siegfried. She had a vague idea of the latter, with the memories in the back of her head seemingly getting clearer. The two must've been connected in a way, otherwise she would've been titled Siegfried instead...

Her attempts of figuring herself out was interrupted by the droll voice of the principle. How he had managed to remain mostly calm when a chunk of the students had transformed into mythical creature hybrids was beyond Sarah, but that was probably why he was the principal. Or maybe he was pretending to stay calm to help the students and teachers? Though considering the chatter and wide eyed stares of the students in the lunchroom, that wasn't working so well.

Her thoughts were interrupted again as she was tapped on the shoulder. It was one of the transformed kids- He had begun talking to the serpent-drop out and angel looking one just a few moments ago, but now he clearly wanted them both to join the little group. Seemed like wings were very common results of the transformation, as he too had a pair of wings. Though his were a bright, fiery orange. Oddly, they matched his eyes. And he carried with him a warm presence- literally.

"I don't see why not. We should probably try to stick together..." She took a look again at all the normal students. "Since I don't think we'll have anyone else here wanting to stick around us."

Sarah looked back to Lifon, and wondered if he could actually fit through most of the doors...They'd find out soon enough.