• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Oscillation: Fractured Skies (RP Thread)

Looking at the nearest PA system speaker, Orm huffed. "Sure, let me go to a homeroom that I don't have. How am I even supposed to go through doors?" The boy quite literally hissed in annoyance until he noticed Marcus tearing socks to pieces. "First off, that is nasty. Secondly, you just have a pair of spare socks on you? Officially the first person I know who does that, and that is nothing to be proud of." Following Alex with his eyes as he went off to talk to someone else who was transformed and who assumed to be one of the lucky souls who was not transformed, the snake sighed. "Guess I'll follow that kid until we're done, he's a junior and I used to be one. How can I get to the backfield without crashing through the doors though?" He raised his head to look at the doors he'd have to pass through. "This is a mess and a half, there's no way I'm going to fit through there! Couldn't I become a shapeshifter or a smaller snake if I have to be a snake?" An attempt to stomp on the floor did nothing except rile up Orm even more. "I'm too freaking big for anything in normal life! If I can't even open a door, how am I supposed to take a shower or go to work? I'm a walking wrecking crew, and I do not want that! Give me my legs back!"

As if on cue, a tingling sensation ran across his body. It wasn't nearly as painful as the first one, but it still was not exactly a feeling he liked. His body got squished together and shrank down as four appendages began growing underneath his body. His scales became less rigid and less rough, not to mention they became white and longer. All in all, the transformation did not take longer than five seconds, but it felt longer. Orm was a lot closer to the ground, reaching about Marcus' knee. "Okay....did not expect that." His tongue was back together and his voice no longer hissed, but his tail had a lot more fur. Fur?! The former snake quickly looked at his body, he had four legs and a tail and lots of fur. "Oh, you've got to be fucking with me! What am I, a goddamn cat? How?!" In front of Marcus stood a larger than usual snow-white Norwegian forest cat with a nasty temper and a foul tongue.

"Active ability: Utgard-Loki's cat"

The disembodied voice rang in his head again, informing him about an ability, whatever that meant? He'd gotten another name that meant absolutely nothing to him and really began questioning the coolness of Jörmungandr if it could transform into a freaking cat of all things. "This solves the fitting through doors problem, but I still can't open the damn things! And how am I supposed to turn back? Am I just stuck as a cat for all eternity? That doesn't help in daily life either and I'm not eating out of a food bowl. I still have my pride, even as a stinking cat!"

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Lemme look up the Nekomata on Wikipedia." Jonah mentioned nonchalantly as he scrolled up to the search bar to type in the creatures name, "Apparently, there are two types of Nekomata: Mountain Nekomata and Nekomata that used to be domesticated cats. A notable characteristic of the latter category is the presence of their split tail, and considering you have one, you've probably been Oscillated into a former housecat type of Nekomata. They're also commonly associated with death and strange fires. They're also commonly capable of necromancy." As Jonah was expositing trivia to Catherine, the principal made an announcement that called all students to report to the backfield for a head count.

"I guess this little trivia session has to come to an end. Shall we get going?"

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
Still floating, Yukiro had just exited the bathroom as the PA came to life. Adrian was right, There wasn't going to be classes for the rest of the day and they didn't know when this would end. Yukiro knew that they needed to find more information about Zola and what's going on. "Hey, Kirin? Do you know anything about what's going on right now?" Yukiro asked Kirin curiosly to see what knowledge he could find before they left for the back field.

Yukiro could just go to the Spanish Classroom to see what he could find in there, But they were going to go for a headcount. "Nevermind. Let's check the headcount first, If we didn't attend the teachers would go mad" Yukiro suggested

Kirin looked at Yukiro, before replying "Well, i know a bit, not much, but i have theories. Speaking of which, I can't even figure out which bahamut i am. There's the fish, and the dragon, but i thought the dragon was just a thing made up for different media-" He said, before thinking, then correcting himself. "Nah, definitely the dragon. wait why did i doubt myself in the first place-"
He then shook his head, getting rid of the stupid thought.

"I'll tell you what i know after the headcount, but after that i have a bit of a hunch that there's more to Zola than i thought..." He said, mulling over the note he had read.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
"Circumstances." Lifon laughed at the end of the principals' announcement. "Well, I guess that's a good as any way to call it."
Hearing Sarah speak to someone, Lifon turned to see another changed student next to them.
We? Guess most of the morphed people already ganged together.
The new appearance also had wings, although that appeared to be the only thing that changed aside from a few odd colors. He felt a small pang of relief as he wasn't the only one that grew shirt-destroying wings.
He wasn't sure if the offer was also directed at him, but he responded anyway.
" I'll come too. If I had any plans, they'd probably be cancelled anyway."

"Necromancy...?" Catherine startled at that; but, decided that it didn't matter right now. It was an odd tidbit of trivia, but as Jonah had pointed out, the time for that had ended. They needed to get going and, hopefully, they could figure out what was going on. The newly transformed Nekomata stuffed Zola's letter into her pocket and then broke into a light jog, indulging in the weightlessness of her body.

Fleet-footed footwork affected a spry svelte stride; and, Catherine made her way to the backfield quickly. Despite the general confusion the student body was in, the senior was able to reach her destination with ease—in part because the sea of students parted wherever she moved, each student wary of getting too close to the changeling girl.

In spite of the fact that she'd become a walking spectacle, Catherine had no issues checking in with her teacher. However, she did, with no small amount of discomfort, feel the curious—if not ostracizing—gazes from the normal students and hear the hushed comments they passed among themselves.

Catherine sighed while muttering to herself, "Geez...I'm not some zoo exhibit..."

It took a bit of Tommy's time, but he finally reached the backyard, he tried to keep his eye on Sam that lost her voice. As he walked people give him space.. Some looked curious about Tommy and his new appearance, but some of them was... Afraid.
But he didn't blame really blame them.. He looked like anything but human now.. Not only becouse of horns, but his pale skin and his cold, white eyes gave that mysterious vibe. Tommy felt like some sort of entertaiment.. He just waited for someone to catch him like animal and send to the 'hause of freaks' or how it is called.

When he reached backyard, he asked around, mainly teachers, about Zola. He didn't know her almost at all, but what she said seemed to slowly come true.. Maybe she saw something more..

The teachers, for their part, were just as confused as the students and the added stress of having to deal with said students only complicated their situation. They themselves were barely maintaining their sense of calm and control. As Tommy came around asking about Zola, there was little that the teacher's could tell him directly. However, they all seemed to agree on one thing. Before she left, she'd spent and awfully long time in the bathroom.

@Clite of Dragonbow

Tommy sighed as many of the teacher were close of being no help at all. He thought later about everything they told him and a sudden thought hit him. He excused himself and made his way back to school. He was heading to the bathroom, if she was there so long, maybe there was something interesting. He felt its weird that although he gets further and further away from the group of people. He still could hear voices and whispers. His mind tried to make a joke that it may be ghosts, but his body shivered on that thought. He wasn't a fan of horror movies or anything of that kind.
He decided to ignore the voices that weren't telling anything interesting anyway and headed to the bathroom.

Women bathroom... Yeah, Zola was a girl then it shouldn't suprise anyone...

Tommy looked around to check if there is anyone here, then he slowly opened the door. He couldn't see anyone inside so he slowly entered the girl's bathroom.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Instead of a light sprint, Jonah's commute to his homeroom took the form of a somewhat carefree walk. As he made his way from the halls to the outdoors, the transformed senior noticed that he was getting glances from people, which was expected. It didn't take long for him to reach the homeroom, and it took even less time to get his head counted due to his increased height. After he was marked as present, he went to look for either Catherine or Erik to converse more about their situation, all while having thoughts of his own about it.

So we all transformed, just like Zola said. By that logic, we're also doomed to be invaded by punks or something. I doubt she'll go two-for-two on predictions, but it's a possibility I can't ignore...

Last edited:
Kirin went to his homeroom, immediately got his head counted since he had wings and stuck out, asked around about zola, before hearing about how long she spent in the bathroom.
"Well now, if she was getting prophetic visions like the note said, then..." Kirin's head snapped up, before taking off towards the girls bathroom.
He saw someone else had made it there before him, and nodded to them, thinking to the "disembodied voice" in his head to stash away his wings. Like with his tail, it immediately went away. He opened up the door slowly as well, before saying under his breath:
"Oh what the hell, the girls bathroom ISN'T that different from the men's? I've been fucking LIED to. It looks exactly the same as OURS!"

Despite their dubious actions and complete invasion of the girl's bathroom, Tommy and Kirin were onto something. Hidden in one of the stalls was another letter. The only problem was...this stall was currently in use.

Diary Entry 02: The Truth and the Light

Tuesday
9:45 PM
September 20, 2018

Oshun…that’s who I am now: Lover, Protector, and a well-spring of sweet water.

The Gang announced our execution date. It’s tomorrow. If they authorities don’t capitulate to their demands by tomorrow, then they’ll kill all of us. They seemed to take a vile pleasure in our distress. The teachers protested, but there was nothing they could do before the Gang’s power. The only ones that stood a chance were the other changed, the Oscillated. They had a brawl in the school but…it didn’t go too well. They couldn’t fight the Gang and protect all of us at the same time. I wanted to help; but, I’m not a fighter. I’m hardly any stronger than Teachers; no where near strong enough to fight against one of the Gang members.

I’m not useless though. I’m not too good at it yet, but I can use divination. It’s not as good as seeing the future, but it’s still useful. I’ve been using my divination to help plan our escape but…something feels off. I can’t tell what it is but it feels like…we’re doomed to fail. The teacher’s say I’m just overthinking it but…maybe I should do something just in case?

If I can divine the future could I manage to send a message to the past? If we had a heads-up I’m sure we could work something out together…

Last edited:
Considering the fact that walking to girl's bathroom is really bad and Thomas knew it. A stall that interested him was currently taken... He got an idea... A bad one.
He said in mind a prayer and apologized in his mind to the girl.
He expierienced it as victim once and knew it was really childlish and bad. He took a toilet paper and socked it with water, making a few small parts of wet paper.
He thought about another person, he needs apologize to... And not in mind.
He whispered to Kirin's ear, who he didn't know at all, but didn't think he was a bad person. "I am really sorry, I think that you should run...".
He threw the wet paper up at the stall and it probably landed and kind of glued to girl's hair. He acted quickly and entered the stall next to the girl's one, quickly hiding himself as he closed it behind himself.

Kirin saw Thomas grab the roll and soak it; realizing too late what he was doing.
wait is he-
He saw the boy throw the wet toilet paper roll into the occupied stall and race into the stall next to it.
He cursed under his breath in Scottish Gaelic, before trying to think of a solution.
shit its too late to hide, thusly...
thinking fast, he quickly went over to the sink, wetting his hair to that it loosened to its full length, which now measured to his shoulders, then silently cleared his throat.
He'd have to time this perfectly.
As soon as the person leaves the stall, i need to point them to the exit and get them out of there, then I'll exchange some w̴̞͓̮̝̃̓̂͝͠ò̶̡͍͂ṟ̷͉͔́͛ḓ̴̬̇̎͊́̚ş̶͖̱͙́̉́̇̈́ with them...
he thought, waiting.

A wet thwack and a shrill scream echoed from the occupied stall. A litany of curses followed, along with the clear shuffling of clothes whereafter the stall's occupant emerged, quite irritated, with flecks of tissue covering her hair and clothing. She was clearly upset with the poor prank that had been played on her and her eyes spat fire, landing on the only visible person—Kirin.

Kirin saw the raging girl viciously exit the stall.
time to see if this works... he thought.
"They just left, they took off down the hall. Male, Blond hair, Black eyes, Football Letterman, typical douchebag jock grin, probably talking to friends." Kirin said, imitating a girls voice exceptionally well, describing a certain jock that he had a grudge against.
"They'll most likely deny it was them, so step on his foot and he'll tell you the truth squealing." Kirin said, before turning around and washing his hands.
He poured all of his charisma into it, and hoped to god that it would work, since with his hair down it did make him easily pass of as female, and since the girl was raging hopefully she wouldn't think to hard about it and instead retaliate.

With both students seemingly happy to join their little group, Alex gestured towards the snake and the angel, saying

"Alright, come on. We should be heading out in a sec," as he walked towards them. However, by the time he'd reached them, angry snake boy had seemingly disappeared. In his place was a small white cat, spitting the curses of a familiar, pissed off snake.

At this point, Alex was far past questioning, giving the apearence of a cat a cursory nod (disregarding the somewhat panicked replies of said cat), he barely stopped by the original duo to drop a quick

"Come on, we're moving!" Before carrying on at his original pace. However, momentum slowed significantly when he reaches the doors. Wings are wide, his particularly so, and Alex hadn't anticipated the whole 'getting out if the cafeteria' problem. However, Alex found that he could manipulate them fairly effectively; moving them about their joints as he would an arm, and after a bit of getting used to, managed to wrap them around his body without much problem. However, he wasn't positive about his other winged compatriot. Turning back, he asked them, "You good? Managed to get the hang of the whole wing thing yet? We should probably get moving fairly soon, else we'd cause a pile up and if this happened to everyone else, that really won't be pretty"
@Gamingfan

Kirin sighed the biggest sigh of relief, before turning to the stall Thomas had hidden in and said :
"You can come out now, hijo de puta idiota." Kirin said, hints of venom within his voice.
His hair wasn't going to dry for some time, so he disregarded it and checked out the stall, before almost tripping because of what he saw.
"holy shit..." he said under his breath, before saying out loud "looks like we have a time limit..."
He shuttered while looking at the rest of the note.
Kirin thought about it, before pulling out a notebook and copying down the letter, then writing it a second time so that he could give one to another person in case they wanted a copy.
He moved some dangling hair out of his eyes, trying to cope with the implications of the message.

When the girl left, Tommy left his stall with the apologetic look on his face.
"I agree with the girl, we guys are a really dumb creatures, maybe I would let her to kill me, if I didn't come here for the reason" he said and then made a dumb smile to Kirin. "Sorry, no entiendo español~" he said and as he saw Kirin making notes, Tommy thought that he doesn't have this much time. He pulled out his phone and made a photo of the message. He also decided to give it to any people that may need it. Definitly to Sam as he/she is his one of very few friends in school and to anyone that are in similar situation.
"You don't have to like me for what I did, but I am glad nothing happened to you. See you later" Tommy said and as he was leaving, shouted to him "Once again sorry!"

Tommy decided to go to the backyard, find Sam and tell her about his discovery. He also checked his phone as he was reading the message, earlier focused on leaving quickly before new girls notice.
"First, the message says that execution day is tommorow... And it is dated on September 20..which means it is in two days. We need to find a way in two days for this gang not to kill us.. I think she also mentions into who she Oscilated..."
With those thoughts he typed Oshun on his phone, first thing that appeard in front of him.. Was a band.
Tommy just scrolled down and saw that Oshun is in fact a deity from africa.
"Oshun.. That's what I am now..." He whispered.
"If we think about it, that's really weird that Zola started to see things before anyone else... She changed like me and Sam.. And before anyone too, into that goddess thing. If its true then this isn't a crazy girl, but person that wanted to warn us. I think the rest should know..."

The earbuds were definitely a step up from the bits of socks, but Marcus still didn't find them to be overly helpful. He winced when the loudspeaker crackled to life and the principal's monotonously toned instructions boomed in his ears, but the pain wasn't as bad as when he first transformed. The backfield eh? Marcus pondered. Why not our homerooms or the gym?

Not one to disobey a direct order from the highest authority in the school, Marcus grabbed his backpack and slung it over his shoulder. "We should probably get going," the senior began while turning back around to face Orm, "But I don't know how you're gonna fit through the doorw-"

Marcus' words caught in his throat when he turned around to see a familiar figure standing across the room, staring directly through the spot where Orm had stood only a moment before. Gabriel was leaning against the wall across the room, and even though he was mostly obstructed from view by the sea of students Marcus could still see him as clearly as if he were right in front of him. The Archangel gave him a simple nod, and a voice resonated in his mind. Heed my warning, it boomed, The trial draws near. Marcus just kept staring as his wings twitched anxiously. What trial? What am I supposed to do? Gabriel's gaze was unreadable, yet his voice boomed again. What you must. With that final phrase a group of students momentarily obstructed him from view, only for him to be gone completely once they moved.

"Orm did you see that?" Marcus asked, only to realize he was talking to no one. "Orm?" He asked, looking side to side for his serpentine friend.

"I still have my pride, even as a stinking cat!" Marcus heard from the floor. The angel's eyes made their way downwards to find that there was now a very large, foul mouthed feline in Orm's place. "I guess you're a cat now so I'm just gonna roll with it," Marcus said, unwilling to be fazed by yet another bizarre turn of events. "Listen, there's something I need to tell you about on our way to the field. Let's meet up with them first though." Marcus pointed to the winged-duo and the white haired girl across the room.

Last edited:
Kirin said a few nasty curses out loud, before quickly heading out of the bathroom, running to the backfield.
Now that he didn't have his tail out to savagely maim people, he could hurry out there as fast as he could.
God damn it, i have to find Catherine and the others to show them what i found... He thought, barely dodging the students in his wake.
The thought of what the letter had in store truly scared him, more than anything ever did.

He kept running, his emotions starting to build up, with kirin starting to shoot off arcs of electricity.
He knocked the door open, looking around the field, searching for Catherine, which he then realized was much easier than he had thought it would be, as a bunch of students were gawking at her.
He quickly ran over, now sparking with energy all over, before immediately giving her the transcribed second note.
"Catherine, we're somewhat fucked." he said, panting, as the sparks shooting off him calmed down.

"Woah Woa—OW!"

Catherine pulled back from Kirin in surprise, a hiss rising in her throat as static electricity jumped from his body to her fur. The shock was more surprising than it was painful; but, Catherine still would've preferred a less annoying way to discover the electro-static properties of her fur. She flashed off the excess charge with a few flicks of her hand and then returned her attention to Kirin.

The boy was uncharacteristically ruffled, even Catherine could tell that despite having only known him for a hot minute. Disheveled breathless, the draconic boy seemed to have gone through some form of ordeal in order to bring her...a note? Eyes narrowing to dagger-like slits, Catherine inspected the note, intuiting it as the source of Kirin's distress. She carefully retrieved it, avoiding any contact with him—and thereby another shock—before she carefully read through the note's contents.

"Uhhh..." Her eyes ran over the letter once more, double checking to see if she'd read what she thought she'd read, "This...is bit more than
somewhat fucked."

"You do not know the HELL i had to go through to get that damn letter." Kirin said, before replying:
"If that means what I'm expecting it to be, then we can either have a chance, or the future is basically over."

He stopped for a moment to catch his breath, before looking at Catharine and saying:
"And because i know this is bound to come up, you are not allowed to make a comment about my hair." He muttered, pushing more dangling hair out of his eyes.
Kirin scanned the crowd, before sitting down on the ground.
"Where's Erik and Jonah? I have a feeling we need to discuss this some more, but god forbid we let the wrong person hear and they make everyone freak the hell out about the future."

(OOC: Short post because i'm typing this on a tablet and honestly this is pain)

"I've got nothing better to do, so I guess. At least I can fit through doors now, but don't pet me. I can give any cat a run for their money in anger, take my word for it." Orm huffed, his fur poofed up in anger as he followed Marcus. "Everyone gets wings or other cool stuff, but I become a big snake or a glorified cat. Oh joyful day, I'm gonna stab something if this keeps up." He muttered in annoyance. "So what's the plan after grouping everyone together? How am I supposed to see anything as a cat? As a snake, I did not have that problem. It sucks being small, I wanna be big again." Complaints flooded out of the cat's mouth, which wasn't too unreasonable since he transformed twice in fifteen minutes or so.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Jonah spent a few minutes meandering through the field in hopes of finding either Catherine or Erik. Chances are, they were trying to take in what had just happened or maybe they were trying to control/discover any abilities that they may've been blessed with as a result of their transformations. Eventually, the transformed senior found Catherine and Kirin in the crowd, their unique appearances making them visually distinct from the rest of the student body.

"Hey, I've been looking for you," Jonah greeted as he walked towards the two of them with a relieved grin. Unfortunately, that grin faded away when he noticed the distress and concern in both of their demeanors, "Did something happen?"

"Kirin found another of Zola's 'prophetic letters'. Here, take a look."

Catherine passed the letter to Jonah. Her brow knotted together, thinking carefully about the letter. There were a few things they could sue out by putting both letters together; but, she wanted to reserve her opinions until she had a bit more time to think about them. The last hour had, without doubt, been the most hectic hour of her life; and, as she thought about the unsettling accuracy of Zola's first letter, a sense of panic began to set it. They were about to die...

Oddly enough, the girl found herself more in control of her fear than she'd expected. Her first thoughts weren't of how they would escape or save themselves. They had been made targets; taken as hostages; treated as chips to be traded at the discretion of others; and to that, Catherine took exception. Instead of fear, she felt rage. A chilling rage sat at the very center of her being; it burned in her stomach and chilled her to the bone; an uncomfortable heat left her parched and thirsting. It was the kind of thirst she instinctively knew could only be satisfied by blood and retribution. The thought was chilling.

Her jaw clenched, sharp teeth breaking the skin of her lip. The sweet tang of blood was uncomfortably satisfying on her tongue; but, Catherine felt her bloodlust wane with each lap she took and so she lapped away at the red ichor in silence.

'What was that...?'

As soon as the question had been asked, the responsive knowledge revealed itself to her.

Haunted Malevolence — Passive Skill

Nekomata are cruel and vindictive creatures, being that walk the line between life and death. Their petty nature drives them to take revenge for the slightest offense and they pleasure in torment friend and fore alike. They are prone to acts of maliciousness, vengeance, and wanton destruction.

"...great."

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Grabbing the letter from Catherine apprehensively, Jonah soon discovered why the two of them were so distressed. Any ideas Jonah had of fighting the thugs dissapated, since the letter all but stated it would be a losing battle. Worse yet, they seemed fated to die unless the authorities were to comply with their demands. Admittedly, he had to prevent himself from shedding any tears of fear for his life.

"This... doesn't bode well for us," Steeling himself, Jonah rolled up the letter and put the letter in his pocket, "But let's ignore that and at least try to come up with a plan. Given what we know, I'd say our best bet is to try to get the unchanged students evacuated or perhaps call the police. We'd also need to make any attempt at preparing for this encounter with the thugs by learning how to control or manifest any powers we have. Zola's letter says that our focus was divided between trying to fight the gang members and protect the rest of the student body, so we need to ensure that we can focus on one task entirely." Jonah sighed deeply after listing his ideas, before realizing that he got somewhat carried away.

"Of course, I'm open to suggestions here." Jonah chuckled sheepishly in an attempt to bury the dread and anxiety this sitaution was causing.

"I assume you did something to change into a cat," Marcus responded to his companion's complaining, "So if you just do the opposite of whatever you did then you might be able to change back." It's probably not another phase of the Oscillation or anything since none of us have had another change, the angel reasoned as he thought through Orm's dilemma. I wonder if he can shapeshift?

Marcus followed closely when Alex returned with the other two Oscillated students in tow, matching the group's pace. What is the plan going to be? Marcus thought for a moment as he listened to Orm's questions. We need to all be on the same page. "I already know Alex and Orm, but we-" the angel gestured to himself then to the bird-lion and the girl "-haven't been introduced yet. I'm Marcus Kosika and apparently the Archangel Raphael now. When I transformed, I had a vision where the Archangel Gabriel told me that something terrible ordeal is going to happen soon."

Gabriel's words flashed through Marcus' thoughts as he finished his sentence. "Don't let yourself or your allies die in the coming struggle," He echoed to the group.

Kirin's fear slowly turned into a solemn, burning feeling of wanting judgement. Not vengeful judgement, something he could only think of as Enlightened Judgement. He turned to Catherine and Jonah, and said in a voice that rang out with themes of justice, which seemed to empower everyone around them with the thoughts of justice:
"I am going to find anyone else that can help. Anyone like us." He said, his eyes alight with a feeling of unrelenting will. "If you need me, i'll probably be in the cafeteria."
He had no idea why he was overcome with these feelings, or why he had a newfound feeling of devout justice. Regardless, he walked into the doors of the school, once again shooting electricity, until the answer came to him with a numbing thought, reminding him of what he had read in that article about bahamut:

Bahamut - Personality
Bahamut was stern and very disapproving of evil, always arguing with Asgorath about his crusade against it. He accepted no excuses for evil acts, and didn't tolerate even minor offenses by evil creatures. In spite of his stance, he was also considered one of the most compassionate beings in the multiverse. He had limitless empathy for the downtrodden, the dispossessed, and the helpless. He usually preferred to polymorph those who had offended him instead of killing them, although it was also said that Bahamut loathed to sully himself with the blood of evil creatures.

Lets see if i got this straight...
The Myth/Legend that someone changes into has effects on their actual personality, huh...

Kirin walked past different classrooms, finally reaching the cafeteria, now emitting vicious arcs of lightning that lashed out at anything that got too close. His hands, now tense and ready, were now sparking with lightning that threatened to purge any who wanted to do evil. He summoned his wings and tail, starting to understand the benefits of Bahamut's abilities. He spotting a group of people, around five, each having been changed by the "Oscillation."
He walked up to them, noting one being some type of Griffin being, and immediately noticed the angel.
Kirin, with his black clothing matching his spiked, black wings and tail and shooting of arks of electricity resembled a Balrog, and seeing someone who was now changed into an angel made Kirin slightly concerned about his well being.
"Hey, my name is Kirin Lyrugia. So you all have been changed by the 'Oscillation' too, then." He said, paying close attention to the angel.

Last edited:

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
(OOC: Apologies for the late post. Spent the weekend in Las Vegas and was quite busy)

"Alrighty." Lifon replied, following Alex towards the doors. He paused as well, unsure about getting through do his increased height and wide wingspan. He watched Alex, who seemed to have the same problem, go through first, before looking at his own wings.
"Uh....give me a sec."
His wings were in their resting position, although they were pretty straight and widened. Lifon flexed experimentally, grinning in satisfaction as they twitched. It took a bit of effort, but he managed to flatten his wings against each other and lower them. Crouching slightly, he made his way through the doors.
"Well, I'm getting used to it...I guess. "
The feeling of his tail brushing against his leg reminded him of the other appendage he had to get used to.

Marcus studied the newcomer as he introduced himself. Clearly he's some sort of dragon, he thought, eyeing the boy's jet black wings and tail. The electricity shooting off of him charged the air, and with Marcus' enhanced senses it made him...uncomfortable. Something about the boy's entire presence put Marcus on edge, but he couldn't quite but his finger on what.

"Marcus Kosika, Archangel Raphael," The angel replied to Kirin curtly. He turned to the rest of the ensemble and informed them that he'd be going on ahead to the field. "I want to try and practice with my wings a bit," He told Orm before quickening his pace. And if I could get some rips in I won't be complaining, Marcus added mentally as he moved ahead of the group. After only a minute or two of walking he got to the backdoor, and Marcus was greeted by the slight chill of the September air as he stepped outside.

"Damn, I left my hoodie in my locker," The angel cursed, pinching at his thin t-shirt. The back was considerably breezier after his wings tore their way through it, but it was only cold enough to annoy him without being uncomfortable. Marcus spotted the slowly assembling group of students at the backfield, and decided to try and fly to them. How hard can it really be?

Marcus planted his feet on the ground, leaned forward slightly, and unfolded his wings to their full wingspan. He was surprised to find that he could manipulate his new appendages as naturally as his arms or legs, and lifted them up before flapping them with as much strength as he could muster. The angel rose eight feet into the air and plummeted straight back down feeling slightly disoriented. He tried again but angled his wings forward a little more, propelling himself about as far in the air but at an angle so that he covered more distance. Again he fell back to the ground, but this time Marcus switched the position of his wings so that they caught the wind and he fell more slowly.

I'll have to really flap to get anywhere, Marcus thought with a slight sense of excitement But it's more strenuous than running so I'll end up burning my stamina faster. The angel planted his feet again and took flight, flapping a couple of times to gain altitude before adjusting his wings so that they could catch the wing and allow him to glide. By the time he reached the ground again Marcus had traveled at least fifty yards, and he had flown the distance faster than he could have run it. That's damned useful, he mentally remarked. But I'll just walk the rest of the way. He had just about reached the group of students, so he slung his backpack back over his shoulder and meandered his way towards them.

Last edited:
"Duuude, this is not helping my self-esteem." Orm looked at Kirin as he followed Marcus outside. "Why am I the cat? I wanna be the snake again, that way I was actually intimidating. Get rid of these legs!" As he spoke those words, a familiar tingling feeling ran over his body as his fur began to recede along with his limbs. It felt as if he was getting squished together before getting stretched out and it was not a nice feeling. After getting treated like nougat, the junior was back to his 'old' appearance as the Midgard Serpent. "I'm gonna throw up if this happens again, atleast I know how to trigger that awful thing." Looking around, he saw Marcus flying around in the sky. "Hey, show-off! Get down from there! The field is not in the sky, y'know!" He yelled at the sky as the angel landed a few yards away. "Wonder what's it like to have extra limbs? Couldn't be worse than what I'm experiencing." The serpent complained as he slithered over towards the one person in the school that wasn't afraid of him, catching up rather fast considering his size. "Urgh, this sucks. That crazy girl was right about people becoming all kinds of monsters, who knew?"

Catherine shook off the remnants of her feral mood, shaken by her urges but fully in control of them...for now.

"Lets put 1 and 1 together, between us we should be able to figure something out."

The Nekomata reached into her pocket and pulled out the first letter they'd found in the classroom.

"Let's put both of them together and see what we get."

Kirin followed Marcus out to the field, slightly snickering when hearing Orm complaining about his situation.
"I mean it's definitely different, having extra limbs, but how different is the absence of limbs?" he said, trying to hold back his snickering.
He continued to walk across the field, with his presence putting a few people off, which slightly disappointed him.
He caught back up with Catherine and Jonah, before pulling out his second transcription of the letter and putting that up to the first.
"shouldn't be that hard to figure some more out."

Kirin's words spelled sense and Catherine's agreement was exemplified when she brought her copy of her letter next to his, putting the two notes in tandem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diary Entry 1: The beginning of Chaos

Tuesday
5:45 PM
September 20, 2018

Dear Diary,

I don't know what's happening...I was having lunch on the roof but then the sky...it broke! Cracks appeared spilling multi-colored light and it...it changed people...it changed...me. People are calling it The Oscillation. That was yesterday; but, since then I've been living with constant migraines, these stupid visions, and those voices...Ugh, It's driving me crazy!

It was all fine at the start. Sure, it was a little crazy what with people sprouting tails and scales like some kinda monster mash-up party, but the teachers had it under control. Those of us, the ones who were changed, they made us gather in the gymnasium while the other students went to their homerooms for attendance. There were over a hundred of us changed in all, even a few of the teachers had been changed. It was like straight out of a movie. There were Mermaids, Dwarves, Fairies, and even one guy who said he was a Goblin; green, gnarled, and—Ew!

Anyway, things were fine until they came. They barged through the school gates and trapped us here. They said they were a local gang and clearly, they'd also been changed. It gave them confidence, enough that they attacked the school and took us hostage. They've been keeping the authorities at bay by threatening us, trying to negotiate a ransom fee and safe passage out of the country but…negotiations don't seem to be going well.

That isn't the worst of it, though. I heard the teachers whispering; we're almost out of food, we’ll run out by tomorrow. those thugs are starting to get violent. One of the teachers tried to talk to them yesterday, but they took him somewhere. No one's seen him since...

There are people saying that they killed him, but I don't think so. I don't know how, but I can feel it...I think. He's not dead but something...worse. What could be worse than being dead though?

…ọ̀dàlẹ̀? What was that?

Ugh, nothing makes sense anymore…

Diary Entry 02: The Truth and the Light

Tuesday
9:45 PM
September 20, 2018

Oshun…that’s who I am now: Lover, Protector, and a well-spring of sweet water.

The Gang announced our execution date. It’s tomorrow. If they authorities don’t capitulate to their demands by tomorrow, then they’ll kill all of us. They seemed to take a vile pleasure in our distress. The teachers protested, but there was nothing they could do before the Gang’s power. The only ones that stood a chance were the other changed, the Oscillated. They had a brawl in the school but…it didn’t go too well. They couldn’t fight the Gang and protect all of us at the same time. I wanted to help; but, I’m not a fighter. I’m hardly any stronger than Teachers; no where near strong enough to fight against one of the Gang members.

I’m not useless though. I’m not too good at it yet, but I can use divination. It’s not as good as seeing the future, but it’s still useful. I’ve been using my divination to help plan our escape but…something feels off. I can’t tell what it is but it feels like…we’re doomed to fail. The teacher’s say I’m just overthinking it but…maybe I should do something just in case?

If I can divine the future could I manage to send a message to the past? If we had a heads-up I’m sure we could work something out together…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Catherine's tails twisted curiously, forming an undefined tangle of fur that expressed her puzzlement.

"I think this", she pointed to a line in the second letter, 'I wanted to help; but, I’m not a fighter. I’m hardly any stronger than Teachers; no where near strong enough to fight against one of the Gang members.'

"It's an important bit. It seems like not everyone was changed equally and some of us are more suited to fighting than others. Maybe we should try to find the people who can fight, who can help us fight off the Gang."

Erik had been thoroughly lost in thought; though he had managed to identify what his myth was, that didn't alleviate any of the stress that came with such a realization. Having stuck with Jonah and Catherine, as well as meeting Kirin and Tommy, he now joined the group in studying the two diary entries, brow furrowed in concern. Following the girl's finger to a certain line, Erik listened intently to her thoughts on the segment, and upon hearing her mention 'people who can fight', his eyes were drawn back to his open palms, recalling the fire and electricity that had once coursed around them.

"I.... I think I can fight? It'll take some time to get used to this, time we probably don't have, but if I can get a hold of the fire and electricity that I had summoned from before, I could do something about what's coming."

Though he was able to hid it rather well, Erik was terrified; his words hid behind a shaky wall that would soon crumble from fear. He was still reeling from the shock of changing like this, and now that he was finally starting to wrap his mind around what had happened to him, there was going to be some sort of incoming attack? Of course he was terrified! But... whatever this was had made him stronger. It was still unclear, but the elements he had unknowingly conjured had increased his capabilities somehow. What did that mean for the rest who couldn't protect themselves? He had to do something.

A lone boy sauntered through the empty hallways of the high school. He hasn’t intended on coming school that day, but an urgent email from the football coach alerted him that if he didn’t turn in his doctor’s notes by the end of the day he would not be eligible to suit up for the Friday night game.

Hoping to avoid any undesirable interactions with the other students at his new school, the boy had intentionally picked a time that he would have free roam of the building without interruption: lunch period, the wonderful time when everyone he was avoiding was in a centralized occasion.

Now, this may have seemed like the thought process of a social recluse, but the truth could not have been farther from that. In reality, young Colt had no intention of staying at this school for very long and convinced himself he would soon be transferring back to his old school and reunited with his numerous friends.

No point in making friends if I’m gonna be gone by the end of the month.

Colt was content with this thought, whether it was his native ‘Minnesota Nice’ personality or the fact that his outfit costed more than the typical car, it was clear that he didn’t fit in at this school and that was fine with him.

Finally, he had reached the door of the coach and was about to enter just as a chill got sent down his spine as if a cold wind was blowing on him.

Eh, must just be the nerves.

Colt quickly dismissed the feeling and reached for the door handle only to see that the tips of his fingers seemed to have frosted.

“Hm, that’s weir-“ The boy didn’t even have the time to full react to what was happening to his body when an intercom message summoning him to the field alerted him that he wasn’t the only one who had undergone some surprise changes.

As slowly as ever, Colt casually found his way to the field, somehow undisturbed by the fact that his body was unwilling frosting over. While he knew some crazy phenomenon had just occurred, he figured it wouldn’t do him any good to stress about it.

The boy chuckled to himself as he strolled through the field, noting a girl whose outfit he recognized as on of the ‘plastics’ of his grade now morphed into a hippopotamus hybrid.

“Maybe it’s not all bad,” he wondered out loud, “though I do wonder what’s making me freeze”

Boreas- Greek god of the north wind and winter

“Huh, cool.” He nonchalantly stated as if it was no big deal while he unknowingly tipped off a cat looking girl discussing some sort of serious matter with a strange looking silver-haired guy.

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Jonah nodded his head slowly at Catherine's plan, absorbing the information she brought to the table while ruminating on his own plan. While trying to distinguish the fighters from the supporters was necessary and inevitable for their group's continued survival, the transformed senior believed that there was an even more important detail that needed to be addressed, and figured that he ought to address it.

"I'm sure I have a couple of combat centric abilities up my sleeve. Like how Erik can control Fire and Electricity, I probably have a similar dominion over Water," Jonah postulated to the group before shifting gears to his main concern, "But if I may, I would like to point out something in Zola's logs that affects the plan to gather troops to fight off the gang." Jonah pulled his copy of the second diary entry, pointed at the sentence he was looking for, and read it aloud to the group.

"'[The Oscillated] couldn’t fight the Gang and protect all of us at the same time.' While what Catherine brought up was important, and I agree that we should try to rally troops, we're not going to be able to fight that well if we have to worry about protecting the non-Oscillated. So, we should also try to get the school evacuated so we can focus on just defeating the gang. I think it would be best to evacuate first simply because an Oscillated student who doesn't have any combat abilities is still less exploitable than a non-Oscillated student."

Sarah had followed pretty quietly, though she did watch Lifon struggle to fit out the doors for a moment. Once again, she was enraptured in invasive thoughts. Those words echoing in her mind- the name of Siegfried. Things were becoming clearer. A noble, gallant man, wielding a blade of great power. A man who was in all ways exceptional, yet still found himself with enemies. He was struck down with a spear, whilst he drank out of a brook. He didn't even get to see the face of his killer.

And that thought, it...enraged her. To even think about this death brought upon feelings of sorrow and anger. But why? She never met him. This was no doubt connected to Kriemhild, the name she had heard in her head. So it seemed while others gained physical attributes other than a hair change, Sarah's seemed to be mostly mental changes. Implanting memories and thoughts where there were once none. Deep rooted, too! The new memories sat next to the earliest things she could remember, like her third birthday and stuff. It was creepily invasive, but something also felt very natural about it.

She was roused from this deep thought process as she tripped over something. "Oof!" She fell onto the soft grass of the field, after toppling over a...Huh. Tail. Big tail.

Serpent drop out's tail.

"Sorry." Sarah said, though she definitely didn't sound like it. She's was still very...uneasy, about him. Once again, it roused ancient memories, but from a different source? It was hard to explain. She got up, brushing herself off. "Name's Sarah." She told this to Orm, nodding. She then turned to a winged boy, one of the ones that the orange wings had pointed to. "Hey!" She said to him, way more chipper than she had been with Orm. There was clearly a disconnect, with the nigh whiplash in attitude.

Which probably wasn't the best look on Sarah...