• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread

Just got home from a movie/dinner date with my GF. First valentine's in 19 years I'm not alone and it was spectacular.

I got her flowers, chocolates, pokemon conquest, and a sonic screwdriver.

She got me 4 pounds of cookies, yugioh cards, a core drill, and Dr.who yahtzee.
I love her so much!

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I had a lovely Valentine's Day :'D ♥

I think I must have slept funny last night, because my left shoulder hurts like hell if I move it even a little... work today shall be fun xD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yesterday my students kept shoving chocolates and candies in my face, and it was fun wishing everyone a happy Valentine's day. That being said, the majority of our students seemed to be humoring us westerners and find the concept of Valentine's day silly and/or for "young people" only. They were all good sports about it tho. Funny that, people actually having fun on Valentine's day without taking it so damn seriously or commercially. It was a refreshing atmosphere. |D

But shoving that aside... TGIF! Three day weekend for PEI! I'm looking forward to having Monday off with pay. :'D

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Pokémon Smash apparently didn't reveal anything we didn't already know tonight. The Pokémon fan in me is saddened, but the journalist is somewhat relieved. xD

12.30 and I can't seem to fall asleep.... I hate these moments...
Anyways I took my little sister out to the movies earlier to see Warm Bodies.... It was cute.. I liked it... but apparently the highlight of my sisters night was when the concession stand guy started to hit on her... Yay for going to the movies... uck.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Magpie said:
Stark said:
And I have a house to myself for the day! \o/

If we'd known sooner, it could have totally been a case of SURPRISE PARTY AT STARK'S HOUSE!

I'm suddenly very jealous that this isn't an unrealistic possibility for you lot. Must be nice when so many of you live so close together. XD

Makes me wonder if I'll ever meet another person from PEI on this site, let alone Atlantic Canada. =o

Well, its still at least a 2.5hr commute assuming perfect conditions for me to get anywhere close to anyone else in the UK, so its not as easy as you might think :D

only 3 more weeks until spring break. I need this. I really need this. COME ON TIME, GET FASTER LIKE YOU NORMALLY DO WHEN I'M HAVING FUN, EXCEPT DO IT WHEN I'M BEING MISERABLE >:0

In other news I like potatoes. I've even 3 a day in the past week. Not only that, but I've become a couch potato. You could say...I've become what I've been eating >:D *shot*

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
THIS IS NOT A POST, IT'S A SANDWICH.
What would make you think otherwise?
THIS IS NOT A POST, IT'S A SANDWICH.
It's really just a Hoagie in disguise!

"I'm pretty sure this is a post..."
NO IT'S A SANDWICH.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Oii, Mother Nature. Get off your lazy ass and decide whether we're getting this snow storm or not! I don't want to start classes after lunch only to be sent home half an hour later due to bad weather. >=O

These sorts of storms are such a tease. We know it's coming, it's just a question of when. XD

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Coreysawrus said:
Currently on the train heading to my interview with new found confidence
Hope it went well :)

Yoshimitsu said:
Volunteered to help promote a show I'm not a part of. Why do I do these things to myself
Because you're fabulous!

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Ended up not having to help out cause said friend didn't have any flyers handy.

Did, however, wake up at 3am this morning not feeling great, only to crash again at 7am and miss 2 hours of my workshop. Gonna head in at 2 when everyone's reconvened and hope I haven't missed too much.

Also, black coffee is the devil's work.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Earphones finally stopped working properly. Got three years out of this set though, so I'm quite happy, and even happier that they gave up before my birthday and not after so I can ask for a new set. ^^

In other news: it's snowing again, least I can't complain about it being cold for no reason now.

Well, lack of interest and not enough people would have made it on with their current grades.

EDIT: Decided I'm gonna do the baby food challenge when I get back from New York

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
My small Druddigon plush came today. He's such an ugly-looking plush but I adore him anyway. Plus, his arrival means I now have a plush of all my Team :'D

Magpie said:
My small Druddigon plush came today. He's such an ugly-looking plush but I adore him anyway. Plus, his arrival means I now have a plush of all my Team :'D
That is so cool! I had to look Druddigon up though (it's very much exciting to learn new Pokemon every other day, haha, since I haven't really played the last two generations). What other Pokemon are on your team?

I've been wanting my team in plushies lately, so I was thinking about sewing them myself, so I can get them in proper proportions. We'll see if I get around to it.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Sasja said:
That is so cool! I had to look Druddigon up though (it's very much exciting to learn new Pokemon every other day, haha, since I haven't really played the last two generations). What other Pokemon are on your team?

You'll probably have to look up a few of my other team members then, but here they are in all their plush glory xD

2013-02-24193254_zpsde2a684e.jpg

(Weavile, Murkrow, Escavalier, Manectric, Sceptile, Druddigon, Archeops, Dragonite and Vaporeon)

Those are the nine I tend to switch between and the Pokemon I'd consider to be my ultimate team. Sewing them yourself sounds awesome! It'd be great to have them in proportion, obviously my team lacks that feature here xD

Magpie said:
You'll probably have to look up a few of my other team members then, but here they are in all their plush glory xD

(Weavile, Murkrow, Escavalier, Manectric, Sceptile, Druddigon, Archeops, Dragonite and Vaporeon)

Those are the nine I tend to switch between and the Pokemon I'd consider to be my ultimate team. Sewing them yourself sounds awesome! It'd be great to have them in proportion, obviously my team lacks that feature here xD
That really is an impressive team, I like it! I actually knew all of them, except Weavile. =D Archeops I used in Black too, I like it a lot!

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Magpie said:
2013-02-24193254_zpsde2a684e.jpg

Mein Gott. Thunderdog is so much bigger than the rest of them. xD Granted, he is your "signature Pokemon" (as well as the bane of my battling existence for ages). Also, I really want that Vaporeon plushie. Actually, I really want to see Sylveon in plushie form now. That thing will look so silly, with all the ribbons and bows. xD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Wow, Ferne, that's great. Congrats on finally finishing your team in plushie form! :D

Now I'm really tempted to do the same, and while not specifically planned I actually already have the majority of my dream team Pokemon as plushies, but I have no idea where I'd find a Steelix plushie. I'd still need Metagross and Heracross plushies too but at least I have both of those in plastic toy form. XD

It makes me wonder if any Gen VI Pokemon will be breaking into my team too... We need moar new Pokemon revealed! :8B:

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Teapot said:
Sir Red said:
Actually, I really want to see Sylveon in plushie form now. That thing will look so silly, with all the ribbons and bows. xD

ninfia___pokemon_xy_by_spacevoyager-d5uqhw2.jpg

That thing as a plushie is utterly adorable. x3

Today feels like it may have gone by just a little too quickly, but it hasn't been bad either. ^^

Does anyone here live close to any Alabama or Florida beaches? :3 My friends and I are going to a beach for spring break :D

Also I got glasses. Everyone says I look smarter with them :p heck random strangers are actually starting random conversations with me because they think my glasses make me look classy ._. they're just readers though :p

Also I want to see Summer Wars. I've seen that gif where that rabbit guy is just kicked into a crowd and now I want to see it based on the art style (which looks cell shaded, like the first Digimon movie, which is awesome~)

Doubled said:
(which looks cell shaded, like the first Digimon movie, which is awesome~)

NO.

The Digimon movie is NOT awesome.

In other news, I have a rather important maths exam on Monday morning, and I am utterly bricking it.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
This week has been filled with orchestra related things ;;
Monday, sectional
Tuesday, rehearsal
Wednesday, sectional
Thursday, string performance
Friday, full orchestra performance

Not to mention my myriad of tests and quizzes

ON A HAPPIER NOTE I GOT ACCEPTED TO MY COLLEGE OF CHOICE WITH MY MAJOR OF CHOICE <333333333 UT Austin here I come~

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Doubled said:
Also I want to see Summer Wars. I've seen that gif where that rabbit guy is just kicked into a crowd and now I want to see it based on the art style (which looks cell shaded, like the first Digimon movie, which is awesome~)
Summer Wars essentially /is/ the first Digimon Movie. Well, the middle part of it. The director/creator of that portion of the movie had a much grander idea in mind when he created that. Years later he had better technology and more money, so he created a movie based around that same core premise. And I love it.

The battle scenes are more fun and the animation is beautiful. Plus, the characters and story, outside of the rogue virus, are way better than the Digimon movie. Actually, I think I prefer the stuff that happens outside of the internet in the movie.

Anyways, I highly recommend this movie. I've watched it about a half dozen times in the past two years now. xD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Sir Red said:
Doubled said:
I highly recommend this movie. I've watched it about a half dozen times in the past two years now. xD

Seconding this! I've only watched my copy of it once (pretty bluray ♥) but it's an excellent and fun movie. The English voice work is pretty high quality too, so it's the type of film that even non-Anime fans would likely enjoy. ^^

I really love King Kazuma's design. ♥

oz.jpg