• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread

Summer vacation is going to end too soon, and I have so much that I need to do, like a book report. On top of that, I'm going into high school and its making me a nervous wreck.

On another note, I'm forcing my dad to watch anime next weekend. He has a short temper, so he'll freak out over the more absurd shows. I can't wait. -evil laugh-

Ahhh, the lead-up to summer. Only 3 weeks of school left, and one of them I'm traveling around the north-east on various school trips. Then 6 weeks of bliss.

(Well I say summer, it sometimes doesn't get to Britain)

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Luckii said:
(Well I say summer, it sometimes doesn't get to Britain)
^ True fact.

Little Brother is off to Australia for just under a month and thus a send off meal is required. That can only mean one thing: to Zizzi's!

Zizzi's is the nicest Italian food ever and everyone should eat it. Right now :nom:

i never have plans and no one ever wants to meet up with me aPART FROM on the days that i'm already busy. three people, including my bestfriendcrush, have invited me out at the weekend and it is literally the only busy weekend i have for the whole summer holiday. hhhhhh

So my friend Georgia told this guy about me and he's now really interested in me and start texting me and god damn is he cute >//< :love: Hopefully I don't screw things up because he seems nice and I wanna hang with him at the party on Saturday

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
The feeling of climbing into bed after a long, hard days work is really one of the best feelings there is~

Well thank god for this heat, that guy took his shirt off and just wow :love:

Also the party is great but quietening down now and after a make out session that guy asked me out :D

Also thank god for predictive text

Online schooling software programmers really need to step up their game if they don't want potential students being bored to tears.

I swear if it storms for another (almost) 24 hours straight, we're going to need an ark around here.

I think our backyard has transformed into muddy mush after the past few days' downpours.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
A weird thing just happened. I closed my 3DS and placed it on top of my DS lite. The music from the game continued to play. I picked up my 3DS to investigate only for the music to stop. I figured it was just some odd phenomenon where it took an extra second to go into standby. I set it back on my DS lite and the music started playing again. I picked it up again, nothing. I set it back down, sound! 0_0

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Shane said:
My current thoughts are how, despite it being winter in South Africa, it was a very hot day yesterday. (40 ºC)

Goodness me, I was in East Africa last month and I doubt I'd have survived had it not been winter. It was hot enough. Parts of Britain went over 30 degrees today and that was far too much for me xD

So I just finally figured out how to run an emulated DS game with the randomizer code in it. Let me say, it really is random. My rival in Soul Silver was known as Swimmer Jennie or something before I was able to name him. I just wish I had a better emulator... DeSmuMe just suckssss...

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Doubled said:
So I just watched the first episode of Dingle Roompas the anime, and I can already tell that my heart shall be ripped out.

This so much. I'm just upset that whoever is translating the anime obviously has never seen the LP (super duper high school luckster please I want to cry luckster isn't even a word)

EDIT: Unless you mean you were watching Funimation's subs. Carry on, then, they're doing a terrifically fine job of doing it right. ♥

Bleh, it's so hot and humid today in Ohio, the air feels like soup and it's not even noon yet. We're supposed to get into the 90s (in Fahrenheit, mind you. Not sure what that would be in Celsius, probably something around the 30s or so, if I had to guess.) and the humidity is also supposed to be absurd. *slowly dies of ridiculous heat and humidity*

TornadicTrainer96 said:
Bleh, it's so hot and humid today in Ohio, the air feels like soup and it's not even noon yet. We're supposed to get into the 90s (in Fahrenheit, mind you. Not sure what that would be in Celsius, probably something around the 30s or so, if I had to guess.) and the humidity is also supposed to be absurd. *slowly dies of ridiculous heat and humidity*
Ugh, it's even worse here. And by "here" I mean 3 feet away from you.

Also, I just realised that I type really slow. :'|

Nothing frustrates me more than when somebody tries telling me that something I've been doing for years is completely wrong. I was showing a friend one of my sprites, and she told me that I was doing it wrong because Pokemon sprites only use "2 main color and 3 background color pallets each", because the Pokemon sprites use "3 colors 97% of the time".

In my opinion the original sprites lack SO much detail that I've just subconsciously added more and more as I sprite, and, not trying to sound narcissistic here, but I like my sprites. I understand that a lot spriters have their own style, and that's okay, you're comfortable with what you like, and I'm comfortable with what I like, BUT DO NOT JUST TELL ME THAT IT LOOKS WRONG. A suggestion like "I like it, but maybe you should X instead of Y" is more polite and still critical, which I can accept or deny anyway, but TELLING me that my way is WRONG is an automatic way to make me ignore you completely, as pompous as that sounds.

*breathes in heavily* I'm sorry~ I was mad and had nowhere to vent~ Some people just have no idea how to critique properly without hurting feelings.

Finally turned in the last lab of my Geology course, early no less! I love the fact that because I finished all 9 labs early, I'm getting an additional 45 % added to my grade.

I've also been on a serious bad luck streack that I forcefully broke today by making the best out of the same bad situation 3 times in a row.

... Just thinking... about the past...

A past that is full of sorrow... and would make most people start crying already...

Also, I'm thinking about chocolates and how the South African television channels are just plain annoying nowadays.

I'm thinking about drawing different kinds of eyes. They're full of expression, so they're really fun to draw. Only problem is, without whole faces to go with them, a bunch of different eyes on a page look really creepy...

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Tonight is the first night in a good while that I've not felt like I was cooking in my own room. It's still far too warm, but it's a welcome change to just feel warm, rather than OMG-I'M-DYING 8)

Mom's out for the day and my dog, a little black pomeranian named Kitty, thinks she must be gone forever so she is barking and barking at me, pawing at my feet, and occasionally tugging on my pants legs. I checked, there are no dead bodies, no murderous people around my home, nothing out of the ordinary, and she usually does this whenever mom is gone, so she just doesn't know where she is, and she won't listen to me when I tell her she is gone for the day and will be back later ;A; she's just like a little kid.

Doubled said:
... a little black pomeranian named Kitty ...
your dog is named after a cat i love that awww

my eyes have considerably worsened and i couldn't read the last two letter slides at the opticians, but on the upside my optician took photos of the inside of my eyes and showed me! they look so funky. eyes are crazy.

also i'm getting cool new glasses and new lenses put in my current ones so i'll have two pairs and stuff, so that's cool.

one thing that sucks about playing guitar/uke is that it is almost impossible for me to have nice nails! i've been trying to grow them out cos having cool looked-after nails is badass, but on my strummin' hand i've totally gubbed my index-finger-nail with my vigorous strumming and it's like all mishapen and a whole corner like chipped off and the actual white bit (distal edge? is that what it's called?) is like bent into the nail plate instead of curving outwards. oops. the sacrifices we make for our art, huh

Doubled said:
Seems like free writing for a journal assignment.

Well, I wish my step father would shut up and get off the phone.  He acts like a teenage girl with his friends.

Oh, and I want them to make a sequel to How to Train Your Dragon. Best movie EVAR!

Yep, just like facebook, minus all the stupid comments about how life is unfair, how much their boy/girl/shemalefriend rocks, and all the lyrics from songs that "just seem to describe the moment". Oh, and minus self taken pictures of a girl making her face look like a fish's face.

Oh, and have you heard?.......What? You haven't heard that the Bu-bird's the word? A Bu-bu-bu-Bird Bird Bird, A bu-Bird's the word....
It's your lucky day, there will be a sequel on How to Train Your Dragon. I'll find the link in a bit and post it on here.

My thought:

"Okay, so, she just replied, I replied back, now i have to wait ten hours for her to reply back on my reply from....Ect, ect." ~Roleplaying :D ~

oh wow when did I post that? XD That was a long time ago, I think. Nice seeing how I've kind of evolved since then.

Also I really like the final boss music for Bowser's Inside Story, it really reflects what kind of music I would like in my own series~

unggg Dangan Ronpa why do you take out 3/4 of my favorite characters first? ;A;

Also I'm 19 and I'm still getting shit from my own family when I say that I want to grow my hair out. Why is that so wrong? There's a teacher at my college with a flowing mane for crying out loud