• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread

Ghost type pokemon have some of the best pokedex entries.

Lampert hangs outside at hospitals waiting to take people's souls. Just imagine laying in a hospital bed at night and you see a lament looking in your window. Yeah. Good luck getting some sleep now.

Dusclops's body is compared considered hollow and that nothing returns from it.
Great way to get rid of incriminating information...

Palossand has bones inside of it from the people it drained vitality from?
Talk about mystery suprise. What's inside the sand castle? More bones...

There's obviously more but I made this post long enough.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Whilst reflecting about 2019 today, I realized something very fascinating. Probably not the right word, but I'm still processing my feelings on what I noticed. Three of my favorite franchises came to a definitive conclusion to their stories thus far. Kingdom Hearts III ended the Xehanort Saga which began all the way back in 2002 with the first Kingdom Hearts game. The Marvel Cinematic Universe finished the Infinity Saga which began back in 2008 with Iron Man, the first entry in the MCU. And finally Star Wars, not only concluded the Sequel Trilogy, but the entire Skywalker Saga as a whole. All three finales did their franchises justice with just the right amount of call-backs, the way they tied everything together, and catharsis. Albeit KH was a bit weaker in that second one since Nomura likes his surprises and mysteries, but we have the Re;Mind DLC for that coming in 33 days so that should hopefully put everything in context.

But yeah, a lot of things came to an end in 2019. I wouldn't even be mad if the world just ended right now except I've got various things to look forward to in 2020 that are worth keeping this world around for just a little longer.

I'm currently thinking that since my winter break ends tomorrow that I really want to go out with my friends (despite having no plans to do so) but I can't drive and I already did stuff yesterday, so my mom probably won't let me... But it's ok.

I like this thread... Post your random thoughts at the moment... You could essentially post anything on this thread. Within the rules of course. You can even post incomplete sentenc

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Mercy's sakes alive, so much spam and conversational blather.

Folks, just because this is a "this is a thread to say something that's on your mind", doesn't mean a forum is a discord server or that this is acceptable.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Last year my city was hit with -30 degrees blizzards. This year we didn’t have snow until mid-December. That’s crazy. I imagine the future will get even more extreme weather. I believe we did have some snow in August last year. It was the most unsettling thing to drive through. Global warming sucks here.

My dog likes to scratch me when I don't pet it(not hard enough to leave marks ,but just enough to notice) ,and when I stop petting it starts scratching again... making posting here on post your random thoughts at the moment a little difficult...

So it's 3 am

3fipjY5.gif

It's weird seeing commercials about "nooo screens at the dinner table...". Its weird to me because dinner really isn't that special. Why wait till dinner to have meaningful conversations with your family? You can do that literally any time your together. I'll agree it's good to look up from your screen here and there, but it's not like you gotta stare at your family the whole meal. Just keep it to a minimum, and it should be just fine.

I've always liked my ice cream vanilla. I also hate sprinkles ,and chucks in my ice cream... if I want something "cruchy" or "munchy" I'll get a cookie... Iike my ice cream smooooooooth... really just about anything with sprinkles is pretty much the equivalence of a cardinal sin in my eyes.

"Okay, this person who cut me off at 80 mph is psycho. I'm 10 miles over the speed limit, am I too slow for you? I may belong in jail but you belong in an asylum."

"Great, another psychopath coming up behind me. I know I'm not using that word correctly, but I'm gonna change lanes and let her pass."

"Did she just cut off that white car ahead of me? At least she doesn't discriminate."

"Whoa... I've never been passed by a limo before. That's like, being passed by two cars... but they're one car... This sounds like something a stoner would say... and I'm not even stoned..."

"Does that guy's license plate say 'M55-GUN'? I hope he's not driving to my school."

"Oh hey, someone left a fur coat on the side of the road. Though most people would call that a dead fox."

I feel like I could make a whole sitcom out of the things I say to other drivers on the highway...

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
"Okay, this person who cut me off at 80 mph is psycho. I'm 10 miles over the speed limit, am I too slow for you? I may belong in jail but you belong in an asylum."

"Great, another psychopath coming up behind me. I know I'm not using that word correctly, but I'm gonna change lanes and let her pass."

"Did she just cut off that white car ahead of me? At least she doesn't discriminate."

"Whoa... I've never been passed by a limo before. That's like, being passed by two cars... but they're one car... This sounds like something a stoner would say... and I'm not even stoned..."

"Does that guy's license plate say 'M55-GUN'? I hope he's not driving to my school."

"Oh hey, someone left a fur coat on the side of the road. Though most people would call that a dead fox."

I feel like I could make a whole sitcom out of the things I say to other drivers on the highway...
*rimshot*

Anyways...
I'm just all around pretty bored right now...I'm probably gonna go on quotev and take some random Naruto quizzes...but if anyone wants talk about Naruto, I'm game!

It's weird whenever people talk of the existence of ghosts. Now I'm not trying to say they do or don't exist, but i wanna say they do. I really do. However whenever people claim they have proof its usually sketchy half-ask looking bullshhh... Sorry if I offended anyone...

Something else weird... ghost shows where people claim to stay in abandoned buildings and tun around yelling in the attempt to convince people they are reacting to the presence of a ghost. Now I'm not going to say they are lying, but they do look hella silly running around screaming in a dark abandoned mostly empty building late at night because their "ghost hunting technology" told them a spooky ghosty entered the room...

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Random Shower thoughts:
The year is 2020. As of the moment of this writing, we have yet to invent time travel nor have we ever been visited by time travelers. What if the reason we've never met time travelers is because we never invent time travel? And what if we never invent time travel because humanity doesn't exist long enough to understand how to manipulate the physics to achieve it? What if humanity is wiped out within the next 10-50 years? :o

Alternatively, and less apocalyptic, is the possibility that the universe functions on a stable time loop where you can move through time but time is immovable. That is to say you went back in time and did something because the history books said you went back in time and did so. You cannot alter events that already happened but rather caused them to happen as they did. Thus conspiracy theorists who keep thinking aliens or drawing asinine conclusions to other historical events are on to something but it's actually time travelers.

Alternatively alternatively, and less tinfoil hat worthy, is the possibility that time travelers can only go as far back as to when time travel was invented and since we have yet to invent it in 2020, they are eternally locked out of coming here.

I hate contradictions. Always giving me something to think about. Contradictions can be pretty useful in making decisions or actions. You wanna buy something? What are the pros and cons to purchasing the merchandise in question? Though that's just a random example. When I say I hate contradictions I wanna start off by asking, Have you ever pondered a random question or idea in your head with multiple contradicting conclusions? It's a real nuisance isn't it? But on one hand its a good way of killing time! yet on the other hand it can also be too good at killing time ,and kill more time than it should. yet maybe it's something you enjoy thinking about! but on the other hand overthinking things leads to confusion and headaches. But that could just be a sign you should probably think more often. And yet if your an idiot like me nothing productive or worthwhile will come from that. Also this post is a lot longer than it should be for a random unimportant topic

I know I'm overthinking this but thought I'd share it anyways. In pokémon you would think vine whip would be a normal type move right? It might be a vine ,but the attack is just a regular whipping motion.

Also if you think about it theres a lot of water type pokémon that could potentially be vulnerable to fire attacks. Hear me out a second. Bibarel and peliper might be water types ,but they aren't literally made of water. They are normal animals that just happened to have aquatic abilities. If you light one on fire the burning effect would no doubt hurt immensely.

Bubble attack would be useless against many if not most pokémon. If you've ever blown bubbles you know darn well it won't hurt. Unless you get it directly in your eye ,and that's only because the bubbles people usually blow are made of soap.

If you think about it. If you have your grass pokémon use absorb on a rock pokémon, what's it going to absorb? Life energy? Its soul? Minerals?

Flying type is basically just normal type, but since they are in the air ,and not on the ground that is not normal apparently.

Last edited:
New year's resolutionists... Gotta love 'em... They get a gym membership at the beginning of the year. Some join a martial arts school like the one I train at, and they always inevitably quit. Always inevitably quit. Never sometimes. Never frequently, but always. I'm not exaggerating. It's always been this way. It's sad, but has always proved true.

The part that annoys me th ed most, isn't the fact that us students who've been there consistently for years, have to stop what we're doing to help these new students. I don't really mind helping new students. What really gets to me is when they quit, they don't tell anybody. They stop showing up, and we have to assume they quit because they aren't showing up.

They don't have to tell me or anybody anything. This is true, but it would be nice if they atleast told the instructor that they were quiting. Yet they don't even do that much! I know this is kinda pragmatic of me, but I'm always assuming new students are gonna quit. Especially around new years.

This post got pretty dark. I wanna end it on a happy note. Every so often we do get students who are actually willing to stick around and continue coming back. I never met a single one of these folk I didn't like.

I've been drinking more tea lately. Weird considering I normally don't drink tea. I gotta say... tea without sugar tastes like sad. So bitter! When I see people willingly drink tea without sugar, I wanna ask. Who hurt you? Theres sugar right over there. You just have to walk over there and get it! If you ask, I'll get it for you. You don't have to make due without. Why are you doing this to yourself.

It's funny when people say they can't stand 'stupid people'. Oh! That's cool, and here I thought everyone loves stupidity, but you dislike it? I bet your pretty smart to make such an original comment!

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
I have a friend that is always like “I’m so weird!” “Sorry about that, I’m clumsy!” “I like weird things and you wouldn’t understand”. Like, dude, stop! Everyone’s weird. You’re not special. I mean, go ahead and say you’re weird but don’t except me to be weirded out by your weirdness, I’m weirded out by the fact that you think you’re special.
I don’t mean to be like her, but my mother called me a sociopath once and if thats not weirder than her doing the chicken dance then I don’t even know anymore.

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
I feel that, honestly.
Lately I’ve questioning my gender a lot. A lot of nights I’m like: “Am I still genderfluid? Or am I nonbinary…? Or what?” I just can’t figure it out and…I don’t know. I feel like I don’t know myself anymore. I just want to understand myself. I know a lot of people go through this but…yeah, I dunno.

I feel that, honestly.
Lately I’ve questioning my gender a lot. A lot of nights I’m like: “Am I still genderfluid? Or am I nonbinary…? Or what?” I just can’t figure it out and…I don’t know. I feel like I don’t know myself anymore. I just want to understand myself. I know a lot of people go through this but…yeah, I dunno.
It would take quite a while or possibly years to fully know oneself. Give it time perhaps and let your fate decide it?

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
I usually put a bit of myself into every roleplay character I have. My most recent one is Alex Knight from the MHA International roleplay. Alex is genderfluid like (supposedly) myself. But they’re still questioning their gender and are very confused and what not. All they really need is a few hugs and someone to talk to. But their aunt doesn’t know they’re queer so she’s off the list. They also met a three people at the entrance exam and at least two of them are supportive. But they’re shy and don’t know them very well so opening up to them won’t be for a while.
I don’t even know why I’m talking about this. I just like talking. I should come here more often.

I want to finally get my permit but I don’t feel like doing all the work to get it. But if I don’t get it, I can’t get my license. And if I can’t get my license, I can’t get a job because my mom said she ain’t gonna drive me there.
Soo…Yeah. I have a laziness problem XD. Though I could just get a job where my friend works and they can drive me. Where they work isn’t the best first job, though…And I don’t think my mom would let me do that…heh.

At this rate, this place is just where I can rant about the randomest things…I love it lol.

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Story Time: A few months ago, I was doing a play with my friends. My character was suppose to freak out and get scared and be very anxious. I don't know what happened but I started hyperventilating during that scene and I couldn't calm down. I was legitimately scared. My heart was racing and my chest hurt. I was crying. No one thought anything of it. They all just thought I was acting. I wasn't sure what happened. My character was comforted so that kinda helped me. After that, my friends told me that was my best scene yet. I said thank you and just continued on with the day, wondering if I had a panic attack or if it was something else... I don't know if you can trigger panic attacks like that. It actually might've been an anxiety attack, I dunno.

Last edited:

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
Is it just me or does it feel like there's less overall activity on this site? I mean I've only been around for 2 years or so, but it feels substantial. Or maybe I'm just grasping at nothing...
Yeah, the site is definitely less active now. I dunno why, it just is... think it's been like this since the redesign, so might be correlation there.