• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Tale of the Locily Region

Thinking about waiting another day or so for @Your-Friday-Filet to respond or show some sign of activity, otherwise I'll break off the interaction and either make Isabelle available or interact with someone else so we aren't all standing in separate corners.

A majority of these are Unova Pokémon, because I felt like that makes sense since that's Andy's home region.
  1. Scraggy
  2. Tympole
  3. Venipede
  4. Lotad
  5. Gulpin
  6. Dwebble
  7. Slugma
  8. Helioptile
  9. Smeargle
  10. Cryogonal
  11. Girafarig (nah, this one isn't just because of personal bias, not at all)
  12. Maractus
Sorry it took me a bit to make my list, I just was trying to think of a list of 12 that kind of fit with an athletic type of person while still having some type diversity while also having a few more interesting picks. Also wow I really gotta stop apologizing for stuff that probably nobody was upset about jeez.

Thinking about waiting another day or so for @Your-Friday-Filet to respond or show some sign of activity, otherwise I'll break off the interaction and either make Isabelle available or interact with someone else so we aren't all standing in separate corners.

I was thinking the same thing! I'll make the post where the ship docks so y'all can start making your way toward the Lab around then too. No preference to whether you wait for me or not, if you're in a position to post first and want to, feel free to.

A majority of these are Unova Pokémon, because I felt like that makes sense since that's Andy's home region.
  1. Scraggy
  2. Tympole
  3. Venipede
  4. Lotad
  5. Gulpin
  6. Dwebble
  7. Slugma
  8. Helioptile
  9. Smeargle
  10. Cryogonal
  11. Girafarig (nah, this one isn't just because of personal bias, not at all)
  12. Maractus
Sorry it took me a bit to make my list, I just was trying to think of a list of 12 that kind of fit with an athletic type of person while still having some type diversity while also having a few more interesting picks. Also wow I really gotta stop apologizing for stuff that probably nobody was upset about jeez.

Yup bud, no need to apologize! We go plenty of time! Still gotta get around to the starter Pokemon.

I was thinking the same thing! I'll make the post where the ship docks so y'all can start making your way toward the Lab around then too. No preference to whether you wait for me or not, if you're in a position to post first and want to, feel free to.
Better for me to wait then, so that those of us in the boat and @Astrial are all in the same place.

@Stadium @Astrial @Crystal1302 Sorry I didn't outright say this a few days ago but since @killerwolf9980 mentioned he'd be offline for a few days, I figured it'd make sense to slow the rp down a second -- it gives @Your-Friday-Filet @ManyAchievables and @FireFly12 some time to post in the thread if they want to, and killerwolf won't have too much to catch up on when he returns.

But when he does return I'll move us forward with the adventure!

I'm back, thanks for waiting. I have 2 question: hidden ability starters? Starters in the wild?

i don't want to spoil too much so, for the first question, you'll just have to wait and see. On the second question, it's possible but I want it to be v v v v v rare.

Been busy today (as I suspect many in the US are, lol) so no post from me til tomorrow! On to the lab!

Double post, now that we're movin' on (sorry if y'all wanted to spend more time walking to the Professor's Lab, but there'll be plenty more time to wander wherever you wanna go once we've met the prof and gotten started.

And just a heads up @Crystal1302 the town's name is Foster and the Professor's name is Laurel lol

Hey guys. I'm really sorry, but I'm not gonna be able to post for the next week. I'm going away on a trip where I won't have access to the internet and I won't be able to get back until the 18th. You have my permission to auto me if you need to.

Hey guys. I'm really sorry, but I'm not gonna be able to post for the next week. I'm going away on a trip where I won't have access to the internet and I won't be able to get back until the 18th. You have my permission to auto me if you need to.

Would you be able to make a quick post today? Because I can crank out the starter post real quick, let you decide that, and then when you get back you and I can get Alice caught up with the rest of the group!

If not I could DM you starter options and let you pick first!

@Stadium @killerwolf9980 @Astrial @Crystal1302 Okay everybody! It's finally happening! I apologize if the starters weren't the most exciting of choices, but the more I thought about other things, the more the conventional options felt right for this story. But don't worry -- now that we're really getting started, you can get to finding your Pokemon and building your teams! (or, yknow, doing breeder stuff, if that's what you want lol)

I apologize for the fact that the map is literally Italy -- I'm not an artist, nor a talented map-maker much in any way. But maybe if one of you are, and are inspired at any point to maybe help me work on a map, great! Otherwise, I think this actually does the trick very well, at least in terms of having a frame of reference for where you're going, and in terms of general size.

Attachments

• locily region.png
    locily region.png
    56.9 KB · Views: 47
Hmm, incidentally (and having absolutely no bearing on my decision. Torchic is genuinely my favorite fire starter), both Torchic and Eevee are in the Field egg group. And I know @killerwolf9980 wanted an Umbreon. But probably focusing more on the raising aspect for the foreseeable future.

I mean, Unova and Alola are my favorite regions, so having a Poppilo should be fun for me (Even though I've never used one, I'm a Litten and Rowlet kind of girl any day). Also, I wanted to get a fairy type at some point along the way, so this just streamlines things.

Great! Like I said there'll be plenty of time for you all to catch and raise the Pokemon you want! The intention here was a much more classical adventure, so the starters were to reflect that.

That being said, I tried to make the selection even among the limited starter group seem varied. Really wanted to use both Rowlet and Piplup, but they're gonna be in Pokemon Legends: Arceus, so I refrained.

@Stadium, I thought of having an Umbreon because I had the idea of Samuel going for a dark type gym leader position (its not happening).

BTW, which eeveelution do you want, I need a water type for Sam's (or Sammy as you call him :) ) future team and thought Vaporeon could help give it bulk, but you get to pick first, as I can also go with another.

Either a more defensive Umbreon or an offensive Espeon depending on the current needs. Possibly Jolteon as an alternative. Flexible depending on what shows up.

@killerwolf9980 It's fine this time, but just a heads-up -- encounters are going to be random, so they'll be something I introduce in a post for your characters to interact with. Just something to remember for next time!