• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy RP Discussion

Should we allow illegal cards?

• Yes

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
That's for a quick play spells, not normal spells

If I set a quick play spell I can't activate that turn, but with a normal spell I can activate that turn.

And it didn't say anywhere on the card that I can't activate it the turn I set it.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
@Nukas posted also you might have to change the post a bit to where you activated monster reborn
I will admit to forgetting about eternal soul, which is my bad, but either one of two things happened, I activated Monster Reborn first in which case I would've just taken Dark Magician, or you activated Eternal Soul first, in which case Raven obviously wouldn't have tried to use Monster reborn on Dark Magician.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
@Nukas

Okay here's a lesson in Yu-Gi-Oh for everyone about Monster reborn, if you Target a card with monster reborn, let's say blue eyes white dragon and your opponent activates DD Crow and banish the blue eyes from the graveyard you can't change the target to something else in your opponent's graveyard, therefore since your target for your Monster reborn was my dark magician I'm able to respond to use eternal soul to bring out first which makes your monster reborn without a target, therefore useless

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
@Nukas

Okay here's a lesson in Yu-Gi-Oh for everyone about Monster reborn, if you Target a card with monster reborn, let's say blue eyes white dragon and your opponent activates DD Crow and banish the blue eyes from the graveyard you can't change the target to something else in your opponent's graveyard, therefore since your target for your Monster reborn was my dark magician I'm able to respond to use eternal soul to bring out first which makes your monster reborn without a target, therefore useless

But the thing is he designated it first to do the exact same action you designated to do afterwards. And if it’s the same action such as reviving a monster, the first one always takes priority if memory serves.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
@Shen: King of the Mist

Chaining doesn't work like that, I shall give another example

If you summons machina gearframe and activate is effect to search and your opponent activates bottomless trap hole, which effect resolves first?
I just don't really see why your revive effect would resolve before mine, it doesn't make much sense to me. Sure I know that some effect take priority, but we are both trying to revive a monster, so I would think the first person to revive it would get it.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
its a video of how chaining works
huh... well, I'll admit this is quite the predicament. I'll be honest and say I'm having a hard time feeling ok with getting my deck crippled after my first duel in an rp by you taking my strongest card (Not even sure what I would consider my strongest card btw). I also just don't think it's realistic for this guy to just let Raven go, so I really don't know what to do from here.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Well I'm not going to take the card, that was just to add suspense for the duel. And plus Pineko/Sorcerer of dark magic is going to be your antagonist rival that you will overcome later, he wants you to be at your fullest just so to crush you, so he doesn't have a need to weaken you.

I was going to do the same thing with Shantezu and Tobias and afterwards of the attack, for you guys to meet up and have something in common and band together to defeat your evil rivals, but that plan went to the toilet because someone kept on s******* on it, trying to kill the rival

The worst thing I can do right now at the end of the duel is knock you out until Pineko completes his objective, that's pretty much it.

Does that sound fine for you?

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Well I'm not going to take the card, that was just to add suspense for the duel. And plus Pineko/Sorcerer of dark magic is going to be your antagonist rival that you will overcome later, he wants you to be at your fullest just so to crush you, so he doesn't have a need to weaken you.

I was going to do the same thing with Shantezu and Tobias and afterwards of the attack, for you guys to meet up and have something in common and band together to defeat your evil rivals, but that plan went to the toilet because someone kept on s******* on it, trying to kill the rival

The worst thing I can do right now at the end of the duel is knock you out until Pineko completes his objective, that's pretty much it.

Does that sound fine for you?
Alright yeah that sounds fine, I'll get another post out right away. Sorry for the confusion about chains. Honestly I only just got back into Yugioh so there might be some stuff I'm not 100% clear on.

So...your complaining to me about a rival plan you had that I didn’t know about having complications, and assumed I would know they were rivals already?

And if you recall, in nearly every season of yugioh there is action outside of card games. Weather it be bandit Keith outright trying to gun down Pegasus, Kaiba stopping gun hammers with his cards, etc. this is just a factor of the world. To not consider it is nothing more than preposterous.

I gave so many hints, but you are oblivious to them

During their fight? For some reason I thought of Joseph and Esidisi, you know two minds trying to outsmart the other and thought to make it a rival thing.

You could say what you were aiming for in the discussion thread so we had a communication going on. In order for a friendship or a rivalry or any long standing thing to happen properly both parties should discuss it. That’s what me and hydra did for Weasel and Bob’s situation for example, as it’s still working out nicely.

Working based on assumptions is a tough road at best, and it’s not one I walk often.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
"Next I'll activate my face down card the quick play spell card illusion magic
Correct me if I'm wrong but you never played a face-down card. I've been trying really hard to keep track of that, and I don't remember ever seeing a face down. You still win the duel without a face down, but I'd rather there not just suddenly be a face down that allows you to do the effect. If I'm wrong please direct me to where you put down the card because I just don't remember it.

(Pineko POV)

"Well you know what us magicians always say, always keep something up your sleeve, during my 2nd main phase, I activate knights title, with this magic card I can transform my Dark magician into dark magician knight."
Dark magician then began to transform as his robes then turn into pieces of armor and his staff turning into a sword.

"When Dark magician Knight is special summoned I'm allowed to destroy one card on the field, and I'll destroy your trap card." As Pineko said that dark magician knight dashed towards Raven's field and stabbed her trap card, destroying it.

Pineko resisted with holding in a laugh. "I believe this is the second time I've stabbed though one of your cards, but besides that I end my turn with one face down."

I don’t see it there, do you have a quote of where it is?

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Pineko resisted with holding in a laugh. "I believe this is the second time I've stabbed though one of your cards, but besides that I (end my turn with one face down.")

I think I got understand how you would miss that.