• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy RP Discussion

Should we allow illegal cards?

• Yes

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
It’s come to my attention that I haven’t posted a bio for Braxer or Bix yet. Welp, it’s time to change that.

Braxer

Height: 6’4
Personality: A gentle giant, but isn’t afraid to use his muscle if he needs be. While not the smartest spoon in the knife drawer, but he is fiercely loyal to those that do right by him. He Has wisdom in a different sense, knowing a lot about how people work and respond rather than common knowledge or dueling experience.

Appearance: Broad shoulders and stocky, Braxer wears a red Slifer red jacket and short brown hair. He has narrow eyes and a red Bandanna wrapped around his shoulder.
Class: Slifer Red
Year: First
Signature Card: Giant Orc **** 2300 ATK 0 DEF

Bix:
Height: 4’8
Personality: Anxious and jittery, Bix has a habit of talking first and thinking second. While smarter than Braxer, the difference of one brain cell and two is minimal. He’s also a hopeless romantic.

Appearance: Dressed in Slifer colors, he always has it unbuttoned, revealing his black undershirt. He has unkept spiked hair and a gremlin physique. He also has a red bandana on his wrist.

Class: Slifer Red
Year: first
Signature Card: Coach Goblin: **** 1200 ATK 1500 DEF

Also, thought I’d might introduce some fresh blood for an additional character to the roster.

Name: Goule
Height: 5’7
Personality: A bit on the creepy side, Goule tried his best to be as welcoming as possible to new people. He wants to make friends, but his demeanor and his habit of talking about the dead wards people away. He likes broken things, often collecting series of broken objects.
Appearance: He is dressed in a faded black dress vest with white sleeves. He doesn’t wear the Ra yellow jacket as he claims that it sends him into hives. He wears a blue bowtie and black and white unkept hair. He also has black dress pants that always seem to be covered in some kind of mysterious white power.
Class: Ra Yellow
Signature Card: Zombino, Zombie type. 4 star. 2000 ATK, 0 DEF. “The two are so close. They die and return to life inseparable.”

Last edited:
Also, thought I’d might introduce some fresh blood for an additional character to the roster.

Name: Goule
Height: 5’7
Personality: A bit on the creepy side, Goule tried his best to be as welcoming as possible to new people. He wants to make friends, but his demeanor and his habit of talking about the dead wards people away. He likes broken things, often collecting series of broken objects.
Appearance: He is dressed in a faded black dress vest with white sleeves. He doesn’t wear the Ra yellow jacket as he claims that it sends him into hives. He wears a blue bowtie and well combed blue hair. He also has black dress pants that always seem to be covered in some kind of mysterious white power.
Signature Card: Zombino, Zombie type. 4 star. 2000 ATK, 0 DEF. “The two are so close. They die and return to life inseparable.”
This man is Belowski's cousin that likes sugar too much

Made some concept art of Goule
C0D0C7D4-24D6-4C31-80AB-A20CF7F9D568.jpeg

Ah, indeed we are. We’d be glad to have you on board :)

Nice! My character application isn't quite ready yet, so I'll get on that. The only thing I've brainstormed before posting already was the deck, which I intended to theme around the "Gaia the Fierce Knight" and "Gaia the Dragon Champion" monsters/archetypes, if those are still available.

If I've correctly read up on what's been happening in the RP thus far, an invasion by an evil organization had just taken place, and you're currently in the aftermath of the attack, correct?

Nice! My character application isn't quite ready yet, so I'll get on that. The only thing I've brainstormed before posting already was the deck, which I intended to theme around the "Gaia the Fierce Knight" and "Gaia the Dragon Champion" monsters/archetypes, if those are still available.

If I've correctly read up on what's been happening in the RP thus far, an invasion by an evil organization had just taken place, and you're currently in the aftermath of the attack, correct?
Oooh, I made a deck around that not too long ago. Nice choice

Yup yup, that is correct. Glad you read up on some of the background.

And those monsters are very available, so feel free to use them!

Name: Kenneth "Kenny" Conroy

Personality: A brash and headstrong young boy, Kenny will often be the first to jump into trouble when the opportunity arises. His demeanor has gotten him into trouble more than once, both with his lecturers and his friends. He often speaks before thinking, and can end up hurting or aggravating those around him despite not intending to.
Despite his shortcomings, Kenny has a strong sense of justice. He's protective of not only his friends, but those who can't stand up for themselves either. In this regard, he envisions himself to be the real-life counterpart of Gaia the Fierce Knight, as the protector of the weak.
If there is one thing he despises in the world, it's not being taken seriously.

Appearance: Kenny is a rather short boy with medium-cut chocolate-colored hair, which matches with his eye color. He despises his slim and short build, as it makes him look less intimidating to other people. As for clothing, Kenny prefers wearing camo clothing. However, during his time in the Academy, he is usually seen wearing his standard Ra Yellow blazer with grey trousers.

Playstyle: Kenny prefers playing aggressively, utilizing the effects of monsters like Charging Gaia the Fierce Knight, Arisen Gaia the Fierce Knight and Lord Gaia the Fierce Knight to summon and beat down his opponent with high-level monsters quickly. He plays few cards that protect his monsters, instead opting to play traps like Birthright and Spiral Reborn to bring back his Gaias as soon as they're destroyed. Apart from "Gaia the Fierce Knight" monsters, he also plays some Chaos support cards, as well as "Curse of Dragon" monsters to create the "Gaia the Dragon Champion" fusion monsters.

Signature Card: The entire series of the "Gaia the Fierce Knight" and "Gaia the Dragon Champion" monsters, but mainly Gaia the Fierce Knight and Sky Galloping Gaia the Dragon Champion.

Last edited:

Name: Kenneth "Kenny" Conroy

Personality: A brash and headstrong young boy, Kenny will often be the first to jump into trouble when the opportunity arises. His demeanor has gotten him into trouble more than once, both with his lecturers and his friends. He often speaks before thinking, and can end up hurting or aggravating those around him despite not intending to.
Despite his shortcomings, Kenny has a strong sense of justice. He's protective of not only his friends, but those who can't stand up for themselves either. In this regard, he envisions himself to be the real-life counterpart of Gaia the Fierce Knight, as the protector of the weak.
If there is one thing he despises in the world, it's not being taken seriously.

Appearance: Kenny is a rather short boy with medium-cut chocolate-colored hair, which matches with his eye color. He despises his slim and short build, as it makes him look less intimidating to other people. As for clothing, Kenny prefers wearing camo clothing. However, during his time in the Academy, he is usually seen wearing his standard Ra Yellow blazer with grey trousers.

Playstyle: Kenny prefers playing aggressively, utilizing the effects of monsters like Swift Gaia the Fierce Knight, Arisen Gaia the Fierce Knight and Lord Gaia the Fierce Knight to summon and beat down his opponent with high-level monsters quickly. He plays few cards that protect his monsters, instead opting to play traps like Birthright and Spiral Reborn to bring back his Gaias as soon as they're destroyed. Apart from "Gaia the Fierce Knight" monsters, he also plays some Light/Dark support cards, as well as "Curse of Dragon" monsters to create the "Gaia the Dragon Champion" fusion monsters.

Signature Card: The entire series of the "Gaia the Fierce Knight" and "Gaia the Dragon Champion" monsters, but mainly Gaia the Fierce Knight and Gaia the Dragon Champion themselves, as well as Soldier Gaia the Fierce Knight.

Ah I likes it, I likes it a lot lol. He should fit right in with the cast. Accepted!

Thanks! As for a good spot for Kenny to start, I was thinking about making him wake up somewhere on the campus grounds after being beaten and knocked out during the invasion. The first immediate issues I can see with that is that I believe most characters are already busy doing something, which leaves little room for interaction with Kenny for now. The second is that I'm not sure whether it would make sense for Kenny to only have recovered just now.

If it's easier for my character to be introduced later on, that's fine too. I don't mind having to wait a bit before jumping in.

Thanks! As for a good spot for Kenny to start, I was thinking about making him wake up somewhere on the campus grounds after being beaten and knocked out during the invasion. The first immediate issues I can see with that is that I believe most characters are already busy doing something, which leaves little room for interaction with Kenny for now. The second is that I'm not sure whether it would make sense for Kenny to only have recovered just now.

If it's easier for my character to be introduced later on, that's fine too. I don't mind having to wait a bit before jumping in.

Hmmm... technically there are characters that are not busy.

Braxer & Bix are free and already in the Ra Yellow dorms. Raikiri as well is free, that is, if @Inkachu1251 is active anymore. And Nukas may make a new Obelisk Blue character to interact with soon as well. So there are options