• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy RP

"See you around!" Bob waved back at Tracy before heading back to the dorm himself. Today was....eventful, to say the least. He really hoped this was a one time thing, but knowing Weasel, he would repeatedly send his cronies to wittle him down.

"Soooo, when do you plan on asking her out?" Blowback Dragon said, reappearing for a second before being dispersed by Bob.

"You are a menace to society, it's a miracle that I ended up with you."

----------

"So you approve! Alright, how do we set these two lovebirds up for a date? Perhaps we can send the two of them an invitation to a duel, only for them to see each other? It always works in movies, though we have to be there to see their reactions. It's a great idea, come on!" Maya said, grinning as she imagined the scene unfold. Checking the time on her phone, her grin disappeared and she quickly grabbed her bag.

"Dang it, I am running late! I ordered some high rarity and high cost cards and if I am not there to accept them, I do not get them! It was fun to hang out, Dahlia, we need to do this more often, byeeee!" Maya waved at the girl before running towards the dorm, tripping once over her sandals before correcting herself.

As she arrived at her dorm, she saw two men with a suitcase walk away from the dorm. "Sorry! I am a bit late!" Maya yelled, coming to a stop in front of them and signing a paper whilst still trying to catch her breath.

"Don't let it happen again."

"I promise, sir!" Maya said as she got the cards, heading inside with a giddy smile on her face as she thought about potential strategies that these cards allowed her to perform. She was interested in two cards in particular, and she could almost feel the power they emenated. They also just so happened to be somewhat draconic, a perfect fit!

Bella prepared for the worse, in spite of taking out the Blue-Eyes she knew this duel had only just began. Her gut seemed to sense that the storm had yet to come, and as her foe's move played it it seemed that once more she was proven right in the worse way.

Shantenzu used Trade In to turn what she guessed was a dead hand into material for something terrible, as it seemed this guy was stacked with some handy cards even beyond the counterfeit Blue-Eyes. As it seemed this guy came with Dragon's Mirror; a Spell card which caused Bella to widen, as being a HEROs player she had been well away of Polymerization variants and this one was quite deadly in Dragon-heavy builds.

Soon enough, a two-headed Blue-Eyes appeared on the field one that promised multiple attacks and a near-indestructible body as Bella felt a drop of sweat roll down the side of her cheek.

Goka braced itself, even with its boost it was no match for this two-headed terror. And once the stream of white lightning passed, the beast was blown to ashes and Bella had taken minor damage but a sting had shot through her chest all the same.

Gah! T-the hell was that, felt like a punch to the gut, this....no, could this darkness be doing anything to cause this pain?

Bella's LP: 3800

Bella worked to try and mask the pain, in spite of the scare that caused and her empty Monster Zone she needed to focus on the game as quickly her face-down card revealed itself: Hero Signal.

"With the destruction of my Masked HERO, my trap card activates. Hero Signal allows me to Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower HERO monster from my hand or deck. Come fourth: Elemental HERO Shadow Mist, defense mode!" Bella called out, as from her deck Bella pulled out an Elemental HERO; a women in black armor with some flowing dark blue hair that quickly mounted a kneeled position and crossed its arms over its chest.

Elemental HERO Shadow Mist
1500 DEF/1000 ATK

"When Shadow Mist is Special Summoned, I can add one "Change" Quirk-Play Spell from my deck to my hand." Bella explained further, as she draw the Change card from her deck and added it to her hand before the deck automatically reshuffled itself as Bella now had a new monster to protect the rest of her life points.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
"...The hell is that chick gonna do to my killing machine? It's so weak! Unless that or your spell card are gonna 'change' how this is gonna go down for you, your gonna get crushed! My Twin dragon here has the ability to fight twice in every battle phase! Sorry, not sorry! Burn that chick to cinders!"

The dragon's second head roared to life as it charged a heavy beam of white lightning to bath her in energy!

"Now what on EARTH is this??"

Crowler stepped prudently towards the barrier, looking up and down at it inquisitively, as if he was afraid to get any closer than just a few feet.

"Helloooo? Anyone in there? Helloooooo??"

No response. It was really befuddling. How did this even get here anyway? Could he call someone to move it? Did they have dark power clean up services??

"Ugh...looks like I have to pull a few strings to keep this under wraps-"

He turned around, jumping at the sight of Lance, who had somehow gotten her before he did! Adjusting himself from his frightened position, Crowler cleared his throat.

"Ack--ahem! Lance! My dear boy! Did you by chance know how this...whatever this is got here? Hmmm??"

Indeed in terms of pure stats, Shadow Mist stood no chance against this Blue-Eyes fusion and it showed as when this Raider declared his second attack a cry escaped its lips and once more the white lightning had reduced it to dust. However, her life points had managed to endure, which was the most important thing about this.

"Belittle my monsters all you want, she managed to keep your attack at bay all the same. So, anything else!?" Bella called out, as she sensed the battle phase was coming to an end and waited to see what else if anything he'd do on this turn.

"You sounds pretty confident for a chick who had her whole team of weaklings burnt to a crisp! Ha! Go on, have your turn! After I place a Facedown that is!"

The thick armed duelist placed a card in the spell and trap zone. He snickered up at her, knowing his stolen card gave him a massive advantage. She had spunk, which made the victory of crushing that spirit all the sweeter!

Shantenzu's Life Points: 3900
Hand: 1
field: Blue-Eyes Twin Burst Dragon (3000 ATK / 2500 DEF. One Facedown spell/trap

Jira rubbed his shoulder, smiling sheepishly.
"Okay. I'll keep my ear to the ground, see what I can pick up. Maybe we could make a series or something. Like the X Files, or one of those weird History Channel shows." Jira joked. He crossed his arms, thinking about everything that had happened. Maybe such a thing wasn't a bad idea. At least, the recording of the information. It wasn't like he could provide too much when it came to anything else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tracy made her way back to her dorm room, letting out a breath and sliding down the door to sit on the floor. Today had been... a lot, to say the least. But at least the end had been fun. And that Blowback Dragon was for real haunting Bob, on top of everything else that was happening? Tracy just wanted to jump into bed and sleep. But even as she thought about doing that, through the window in her dorm she could see the main Duel Academy schoolbuilding peeking over the forest. With everything that had been going on lately, she had been neglecting her studies. After all, this was still an Academy. Tracy booted up her school computer, got out her Duel Monster cards, and began to study...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"H-hey!" Dahlia exclaimed. She certainly did not approve! No way would she be pairing up her friend with someone like Bob. But before she could object to a plan like that, Maya was already leaving the beach. Dahlia sighed and waved to her new friend as Maya left.
"See ya." Dahlia said. And just like that, it seemed like she was the last one on the beach. Dahlia flopped back into the water, letting it wash over her for a few moments more before the waves carried her to shore. The Obelisk Blue girl got up and headed back to her dorm room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello, Doctor." Lance said, standing up as the current Principal of Duel Academy noticed him. It seems like it was a good idea to wait, rather then try what he had in mind. He brushed the dirt off his pants before looking back to the strange, swirling mass of dark clouds.
"I'm just as concerned as you are, I'm afraid. It was like this when I found it. At first I thought it was some sort of malfunctioning illusion projector from a duel disk, but I don't think that's the case." Lance said. "So I've been just staying here to prevent any other students from wandering too close, until we can figure out whatever it is and if its safe or not."

"That might not be a bad thing, recording our explorations could give us a new angle. Maybe we can record inside the Duel Monster world, wouldn't that be just incredible?" Wilow exclaimed, starry-eyed as she imagined recording the most intense battles.

---------

Bob entered his dorm and booted up his computer, studying was not exactly his favorite thing to do, but it still had to be done.

'Situation: Horus The Black Flame Dragon LV8 and Royal Decree are on the field, what cards can you still use?'

Bob read the question and began writing. "Horus can negate and destroy spell cards and Royal Decree negates the effects of trap cards, so the only cards you can activate are monster effects."

After answering a few more problems, the boy stopped and looked at his deck. He had a stronger deck, but he couldn't help but feel.....oppression whenever he dueled. He had to win, losing was not an option. Shaking his head, he pushed his chair back and leaned back in it. Weasel was getting to him, even now. He had to let him go, having that rat undermine his resolve every moment of the day was not what he wanted.

Thinking back to this afternoon, Bob remembered Tracy talking about him going down a dark path and Blowback Dragon mentioning a certain name. "Hey, Blowback Dragon? What did you mean with the story of Gagagigo?"

The spirit appeared, chuckling to themselves. "Got your attention now, didn't I? Alright, listen up. Gagagigo spent his younger days serving Eria the Water Charmer as her familiar. During this time, he fought alongside her and many others. While in his younger days, he was nearly eaten by some monster plants while trying to get food, but was presumingly saved by Eria. He grew up into Jigabyte and then to Gagagigo. He continued to serve as Eria's familiar for a long time until he and the Familiars of the other Charmers unleashed their full potential.

After that, Gagagigo went on to follow his own path of evil. He saw food that was being made for Freed the Brave Wanderer and tried to take the food, but got into a scuffle with Freed the Brave Wanderer. They both started to fight and somehow Gagagigo got dragged into the other dimension through the Dimensional Prison.

Bent on revenge, he started a journey to find a way back to his dimension and arrived on what seems to be a cemetery. He joined Invader of Darkness and his group of demons, only to be betrayed later on by Invader of Darkness himself. He ended up fighting in a cell battle, along with Marauding Captain and Blazing Inpachi. Thanks to Marauding Captain, he was saved from a blast launched by Blazing Inpachi and turned good to help his newfound friend.

At some point later, Gagagigo fought the Goblin Attack Force (who were enemies to the Marauding Captain) in an icy area, but their attack failed due to their inability to ice skate and Gagagigo's mastery over ice skating. He would then join Marauding Captain in a war against Invader of Darkness, and protect one of Marauding Captain's men from Invader of Darkness. However, after being hit by a blast, Gagagigo was severely injured and in need of immediate support.

He went on to gain aid from Kozaky, who was a spy among the warriors, and got his body reconstructed, turning him into Giga Gagagigo. However, Giga Gagagigo was turned against his friends by Kozaky's Dark World technology. Giga Gagagigo was sent back to his dimension thanks to a machine, which opened the Monster Gate. He became a fighting machine and sought more power. He first fought Venom Cobra to test his strength. After seeing how powerful he had become, he decided to find a new opponent. He then soon battled and attacked Freed the Brave Wanderer again, but failed. Due to his cybernetic implants, he became power-hungry and transformed into Gogiga Gagagigo. Gagagigo had been driven mad by cybernetic enhancements given to him by Kozaky.

After attaining his new form, Gogiga Gagagigo" at some point fought Inpachi again and defeated him. After his victory, he took the head of Inpachi as a trophy. He later fought Invader of Darkness again and presumingly defeated him. After taking Invader's body with him, Gogiga Gagagigo soon fought Freed the Matchless General again for revenge, but was stopped by his savior, Marauding Captain, who reminded him of what he once was before being mechanized."

Bob listened to the story, finding himself actually interested in the story. "Wow.....but why did you want me to hear this story? Is there a moral for me to discover?"

Blowback Dragon chuckled before disappearing, their voice lingering. "That's for me to know and for you to find out, try assigning some characters to you and your friends."

Bob stared at the empty space in front of him before turning his computer off. Studying was not going to happen today, he knew that much.

Damn cryptic ghost. Can't ever say something normally.

----------‐

Maya entered her dorm and opened the briefcase, looking at the cards she bought and sleeving them immediately before putting them on her desk. These cards had to have a place in her new deck, they were perfect fits. Rare, brand new, powerful and expensive. She might not be Seto Kaiba with his unique Blue-Eyes White Dragons, but she could be powerful without them. Especially with the strongest card in the suit case.

A powerful dragon that could special summon itself feom her hand, return to the field as long as she had materials, mill a monster of her choosing from her deck or even search another dragon type from her deck. So powerful, she could only afford a single copy.

One of the four Dragon Rulers and lord of water. Tidal, The Dragon Ruler Of Waterfalls.

A card in the same power class as Levia Dragon - Daedalus and Phantasm Spiral Dragon. Though Tidal was the weakest stat-wise, its effects and ease of summoning more than made up for that. Maya snickered, she couldn't wait to use this beauty against her friends.

Bella decided not to respond to his words, at the moment she had been in a tight spot and needed to find and out to it quick, she'd just have to work with what she drew and try to survive till she had been able to turn the tide back into her favor. A certain pulse seemed to be felt from her disc, that oh so familiar one...had Dusk Crow tried to speak to her?

Are you sending a sign? Well, no matter what...I won't give up, this duel is far from over!

"My turn, I draw!" Bella called out, as she glanced at her hand as her field was currently wide open and she needed to fix that in a hurry.

Bella not only had to content with this monster that seemed all but invincible, but she had to worry over whatever surprise he had set face down. For the moment, she seemed to have a play to make and would just have to roll the dice it had been the right one.

"First, I activate Mask Charge!" Bella said, as she set a card in her Spell/Trap zone and what seemed to be a charging station had risen before her.

"This card allows me to select one "Change" Quick-Play Spell Card and 1 "HERO" monster in my GY and add them to my hand." Bella explained, as the charging station seemed to buzz with activity before it opened up only for Bella's view as she picked her two cards and made her additions.

"I'll then set one monster and two cards face-down, and I'll end my turn there!" Bella called out, as the holographic image of a face-down monster and two cards hung in her backrow, but it seemed setting defense had been all Bella could do. Least for the time being.

Bella's Life Points: 3800
Cards on Field: 1 Monster in Face-Down Defenses Position, two cards Face-Down in the Spell/Trap zone.
Cards in Hand: 2
Cards in GY: 12

Last edited:

The thug leader blinked at her movement before laughing loud and obnoxiously, amused by her lack of a move.

"Hahaha! What good is your clothes change gonna do yeah packed away? Face it kid, you can dress up your dolls all you want, but they are gonna get blown up just the same!"

He drew haphazardly, skipping every phase as he appeared to salivate, wanting to fight as soon as humanly possible. He pointed toward the Facedown monster.

"Twin Burst! KILL IT!"

One of the heads reared up, firing a powerful beam toward the unsuspecting monster.

Hand: 2
field: Blue-Eyes Twin Burst Dragon (3000 ATK / 2500 DEF. One Facedown spell/trap

Crowler cleared his throat, looking around at the lack of too many students around. Looked like Lance was definitely correct on that front.

"Yes yes, well done Lance. But what CAUSED this?? If it's because of that occurred occult club again I'm going to dismantle it piece by piece-"

Suddenly, a silhouette lit up in the gaseous cloud, a two headed dragon briefly appeared lit up by white light. Crowler instinctively leaped back on the defensive, yelping in the process.

"The blue eyes white dragon?!" Crowler panicked. "Don't tell me...is SETO KAIBA IN THERE?!"

Oh dear, if Seto Kaiba himself saw this happen on Campus and handled it before the school staff could do anything...I'll be out of a job for sure!

The powerful stream of White Lightning raced towards the face down monster, and sure enough the creature was vaporized as it revealed itself to once more be Elemental HERO Shadow Mist.

"I activate the other effect of Elemental HERO Shadow Mist! When it is sent to the GY, I can add 1 LV 4 or lower HERO monster from my deck to my hand." Bella explained, as she quickly worked to add a new monster to her hand as her deck shuffled itself. So while she had gotten a new material, her field seemed exposed save for the two face-down cards in front of her.

Cards on Field: Two cards Face-Down in the Spell/Trap zone.
Cards in Hand: 3
Cards in GY: 13

"...Tch, whatever. At least she's gone and I can keep attacking! Second head, beam that chick's life points!"

Without hesitation the annoyed duelist had the dragon gear up it's second attack. She was being annoyingly persistent. But that wasn't gonna stop him from blasting her souls into shreds before her very eyes! White lightning zapped over to her ready to explode with ferocity.

Bella seemed to be wide open to the blast, one that if connected would devastate nearly all of her life points. The Obelisk Blue stood seemingly helplessly as the stream of White Lightning raced towards her ready to blast her to kingdom come.

However...

"I activate my trap card, Damaged Mask!" Bella called out, as the trap revealed itself and a light seemed to shine from her GY. Suddenly, Masked HERO Ray appeared in face-up defense position.

"This card allows me to Special Summon 1 "Masked HERO" from my GY, but I must destroy it on the end phase this card is used. Not that it matters." Bella mused, as the hero of light seemed to shield her from the direct attack; the monster was destroyed, but Bellla's life points had been untouched once more.

"Must be frustrating knowing your big bad dragon still hasn't touched me~" Bella said, with a sly smirk.

She was correct. He wasn't just frustrated, he was furious. The man spit at his feet, grumbling as another HERO ran to ruin his fun. How many of those did he have to kill before she would keel over and die like a good puppy?

"Yo, shut your mouth! All your doing is delaying, you are still gonna have your Soul chopped up!"

Dunno what's SHE's so confident for, she's on the receiving end of my mythical dragon! An annoying hill to die on, but hey, at least she'll be dead. Hehehe...

Ending his turn with that, his smugness returned. A tongue licked his lips as he awaited her confidence to spiral down into desperation before finally: defeat.

Bella grinned, in spite of nearly escaping certain doom for the second turn now she had managed to get under the skin of this Raider. That least showed these people were human, and not some otherworldly demon but that had not changed that in spite of this minor victory she still stood at a sever disadvantage.

Still, she refused to give up. She knew her deck had ways to get past even this goliath and she'd have to bide time till that chance came to strike back.

"My turn, draw!" Bella called out, as she glanced at the newest card she drew and her eye seemed to widen a little at whatever it had been. She placed it in her hand and scanned her cards as she seemed to be formulating a strategy for the turn.

Cards on Field: One Face-Down in the Spell/Trap zone.
Cards in Hand: 4
Cards in GY: 15

"First, I summon Elemental HERO Stratos...in Attack Mode!" Bella called out, as a gust of wind seemed to produce before her before a hero in blue who had a pair of metallic wings rose in the air and landed with a dramatic pose, ready for battle.

"When Stratos is summoned, I am allowed to activate one of two effects. In this case, I add one "HERO" monster from my deck to my hand." Bella explained, as she had quickly made her selection and the deck shuffled itself once more.

Lance simultaneously stepped back as the flash of light within the cloud illuminated a familiar silhouette. It was quick, but Lance didn't doubt Dr. Crowler's assessment of the monster. He crossed his arms. This was more and more troubling...
"I don't think that's going to be Mr. Kaiba in there, sir." Lance said. The third year student thought for a moment. "I don't believe this has to do with the occult club. I was just talking to one of the members not too long ago. But... I think I heard a rumor that one of those raiders that attacked the island not too long ago used a fake Blue-Eyes card. Does that sound familiar, Doctor?"
What was going on? A duel of some sort? A shadow duel? If there was a student in there, Lance hoped they had what it took to prevail.

Perhaps it was time to call for backup. While Crowler was panicking, Lance snapped a subtle photo of the mysterious cloud.
Strange occurrence, close to the Academy. Lance typed a message, before texting the message and photo to Tobias and Bella.
"Doctor, should I call the occult club? They might have some insight as to what is happening here." Lance said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dahlia sat cross-legged on the floor of her room at the Obelisk Blue dorm, staring down at her cards. Specifically, three of them. The Tripper Mercury, Splendid Venus, and The Despair Uranus. Three of her most powerful and rarest cards, and her favorite cards at that. And now the source of her troubles, ever since the incident with Bob and his supposed Blowback Dragon spirit. As much as she thought about it, Dahlia couldn't figure out any way it could have been a trick. And that was troubling her. Because if it wasn't a trick...

"Wow! For me?!" A young Dahlia's eyes sparkled as she looked down at the card her brother was handing her. Lance smiled.
"Yes, it's all yours." Lance said. Dahlia slowly accepted the card, looking over its intricate art. A blue humanoid, holding two blades of energy.
"The Tripper Mercury..." Dahlia read.
"Indeed. One of the Legendary Planet series. An incredibly rare card, and a powerful one too. There are others like it. The Supremacy Sun. Splendid Venus. One based off of each of the major celestial bodies." Lance explained.
"Even the moon?!" Dahlia said.
"No, the moon isn't a planet." Lance said.
"Well, neither is the sun!" Dahlia said. Lance chuckled, adjusting his glasses before sitting down.

"Just be careful with it, alright? You wouldn't want to activate... the curse!" Lance said. Dahlia's expression went from excited to cautious as her brother mentioned the curse.
"... Curse? What curse?" Dahlia asked nervously. Lance grinned, leaning in.
"The curse... of Tragoedia!" Lance said. "Long ago, back in Ancient Egypt, Duel Monsters was more then a game. It was a magical ritual, summoning real monsters and casting real spells. An evil pharaoh came into power, wanting to gain even more power from the Duel Monsters. He destroyed an entire village to get his way! However, one of the villager managed to escape. This man became so enraged by what the pharaoh had done, he became consumed with darkness and transformed into a demon! Calling himself Tragoedia, he began a rampage all across Egypt."

"The pharaoh's high priests, knowing they couldn't let Tragoedia continue his rampage, formed a plan. Calling upon the powers of the celestial bodies, they sealed away Tragoedia using them. His power formed the Legendary Planet series. Not wanting Tragoedia to return, the high priests had the tablets of the Legendary Planets hidden away around the world. But it is said, that if all of the Legendary Planets are brought together again... Then Tragoedia will once again be unleashed upon this world!"

Dahlia shook away the memory. The story of Tragoedia and the Legendary Planets had to be myth, nothing more. She had spent far too much time scouring far and wide to find more of the Legendary Planets, and she could even list them by name. The Supremacy Sun. The Tripper Mercury. Splendid Venus. Elemental Hero Terra Firma. The Blazing Mars. The Grand Jupiter. The Big Saturn. The Despair Uranus. The Tyrant Neptune. The Suppression Pluto. And she had managed to gather three of them so far. So that still left seven, who's locations were unknown and scattered around the world, just like the old legend of the original tablets.

But now, thanks to Bob showing her, Dahlia knew there was a very real possibility that Duel Monsters were real. And if that was true, then perhaps having three of the planets in one place was not a good move. And hadn't one of the raiders used an Elemental Hero deck? What if they had Terra Firma?

Dahlia sighed. She was overthinking things. Even if this myth about Tragoedia was true, which it certainly wasn't, but even if it was there was no way all seven, hyper rare remaining cards would make their way to Duel Academy simultaneously. Just no way. And who said that the legend even related to the cards? It could be referring to the original stone tablets, which none have ever been found. Dahlia put her three planet cards aside, focusing on the rest of the deck as she tried to test ways to improve.

"Keep underestimating my HEROs, that just makes what comes next that much better~"

Bella seemed to take the diss in stride, this man had belittled her deck up to now but she was about to show him just what her Masked HERO deck could really do. It was about time she wiped that curl smirk off his face.

"Next I activate my face-down card, Mask Change!" Bella called out, as the face-down revealed itself and once more a shinning mask appeared and moved to cover the face of Elemental HERO Stratos as he became lost in a sphere of light even within the darkness that surrounded them.

"By now you know how this card works, so I'll just cut to the chase. Come fourth, Masked HERO Blast!" Bella called out, as soon enough a hero in green spandex and a similar colored mask along with a long red scarf descended from the light as he "landed" on the ground though really hovered a bit as air seemed to spin around his feet.

Masked HERO Blast
2200 ATK/1800 DEF

"Upon his summon, I activate Blast's first effect! I can target one monster my opponent controls and cut its ATK power in half. And naturally I choose Blue-Eyes Twin Burst Dragon. Go Blast, airwave suppressor!" Bella called out, as Blast seemed to channel a strong string of green-tinted air around its feet before it produced a pair of air kicks that sailed to the Blue-Eyes monster as it aimed to weaken then unstoppable killing machine.

However, during this Bella would be oblivious to the text. The text she never got, as Lance's message would go unanswered...

Tobias had been off to retire, preparing his things to leave toward Eatos's hideaway. But that's when he had a message notification. Knowing it, he thought it to be Jira with another Kaijuu marathon. As much as it was tempting, he had to kindly reject the offer. After opening up his phone, his eyes widened.

Tobias: Enroute. - Sent Just Now.

"Aha! Yes! That's the only way this makes sense!" Crowler positively agreed with Lance...partially due to not wanting to believe his theory. "So we have to isolate the situation, and then...erm...how do we get in?? Perhaps if we acquired a big enough car we could...

Crowler trailed on for quite a while about his ideas, all of which sounded like crackpot fantasies than actual methods. After a minute, Tobias had hurried over to the scene, a heavy breath to accompany him.

"I'm present..." He spoke. "This...is this what I believe it to be? I've only heard it in hearsay and on online forums...it looks uncanny. Perhaps expanding our expertise to the occult would be a hesitant necessity."

Crowler arched a brow at Tobias who entered the zone. He felt like he talked to this one before but he immediately forgot him, must not have been important.

"Lance? Who is this? Can we escort him out of here??"

Shantenzu seemed amused that this was her strategy? Just throw another power ranger knock off and think that's going to stick?

"I don't think so! I got my own face down to use!"

A trap card flipped up from the field, rising right up with the wicked snicker of it's owner.

"This is the fiendish chain! It's effect? It snaps onto the enemy, inflicting so much pain that it loses their ability! And it prevents them from attacking as well, hope that costume can help that! Ha!"

The chain shot out from the trap card, arching toward the HERO as his only Facedown went into action. Cheap tricks? Effecting his dragon? In what world would that ever work?

"Tobias." Lance said, nodding to the Ra Yellow student as he approached. "I very much hope it's not what it looks like, but the longer it stays here the more I'm sure it is."
He nodded along with what Tobias suggested, on contacting someone with occult expertise. Lance fished his phone out of his pocket, and was about to make a call when Dr. Crowler took notice of Tobias.
"Doctor. This is Tobias Kodai. When the raiders attacked the Academy, both times he was very helpful for driving them out. Not only that, he helped discover one of their locations they were hiding on this island." Lance explained, gesturing to Tobias. He turned his attention back to Tobias.

"Through the darkness, we were able to catch a flash of what appeared to be a Blue-Eyes White Dragon. There was a rumor that one of the lead raiders used a false Blue-Eyes in their deck." Lance explained to Tobias, then turned back to Dr. Crowler. "With Tobias having been helpful in driving out the raiders before, if this is the act of those same raiders then I believe he would be helpful here."
The Obelisk Blue student began to put phone number into his phone.
"While I don't think the Occult Club caused this, they may have some insight into what is going on here. I'll call one of their members." Lance said, putting his phone to his ear and calling Goule. As he waited for Goule to pick up, he spoke to Dr. Crowler once again. "Doctor, could you call on some of the staff and have them set up a perimeter or something? So we don't have any students wandering in?" Lance asked Dr. Crowler.

This trap had caught Bella off guard and left the Obelisk Blue dropping a single bead of sweat as her play was disrupted and now her monster had been bound by chains; with its effects negated, and now unable to attack as Bella had to alter her plans in a hurry and thus with no other play to make she set a card face down as a holographic display showed to reflect this.

"Then I'll set one card face-down. I end my turn." Bella said, she resisted the urge to curse behind her breath as she had expected that face down to be some battle trap or a means to protect his life-points but it seemed this guy had some talent beyond just counterfeit cards.

Cards on Field: Masked HERO Blast, fact-up ATK; One Face-Down in the Spell/Trap zone.
Cards in GY: 17

"Tch! That's already being done! You may be a stat student of mine, but I am still the principle of this school! Hmph! But do your investigation as you want, I'm going to do a head count of all those in their dorms. The LAST thing we need is an injured student In there...or worse, an injured obelisk blue!"

Leaving his personal bias obvious, he stormed off in the general direction of the Obelisk dorms, leaving the pair to themselves and Crowler's supposed coming staff.

"Did I hear that right...? Blue Eyes?" Tobias blinked, putting a hand to his chin. "That...is very troubling. To have the capacity to make that quality of forgery is phenomenal...how foreboding..."

*ring*

"hm...?"

*ring*

The landline phone far on the side of the occult room rang, it's lack of usage shown in the pile of dust that flew airborne when the phone was disturbed. The old fashion phone was grabbed, owner of said phone rolling his finger along the chord as his greyed out, chapped lips met the speaker.

"Twice in what day? To what do I owe the pleasure, Lance?"

"Ha! Wow, how much of a loser do you gotta be for your entire long winded plan to be dismantled by a single trap card? What a joke! Stay in school kid...for as long as your alive!"

Drawing a card, he ignored it. It was a monster, but he didn't need one with a monster this strong! To showcase it he pointed a finger down at the HERO writhing in pain.

"Can't get this one out of attack now, obliterate the useless HERO!"

The dragon flew forward; landing down right in front of the Hero. It's talons gripped the chained HERO and it's dual heads growled. Then one head reeled back, aiming to zap the defenseless monster into roasted BBQ!

Hand: 3
field: Blue-Eyes Twin Burst Dragon (3000 ATK / 2500 DEF. Faceup Trap: Fiendish Chain.

"My apologies. Thank you, Doctor." Lance said as Dr. Crowler stormed off. He turned his attention back to the phone call.
"It seems to be fate, Goule." Lance said, smiling to himself as the member of the occult club answered the phone. "There's something strange happening on campus that you might want to come take a look at. It's between the Academy and the Obelisk dorms, and while it doesn't seem to be fading I have no idea how long it is going to last. Especially if it is what I think it is, but I'd like to hear your opinion on it first..."

"That sounds like quite the conundrum, quite the busy day...! He he he... I shall be there momentarily..."

*Click...*

The phone was dropped, the message having been received. Goule's first assumptions that going to this school would increase his understanding of the occult was proving very correct. Perhaps the core to this card game being linked the other world wasn't just a theory, but a cold hard fact.

"Why, good evening, Lance."

Goule arrived, a black parasol over his head to shield from any excess sunlight. He coughed up white power from his lungs, hacking on an unknown material before composing himself. He slowly walked up to the amassed field of energy, putting a black gloved hand over his mouth.

"Oh my...this really is an otherworldly presence. Bad juju is flowing through the very air we breath...fascinating!"

Tobias had a sickening feeling being around this man. Bad juju? Otherworldly presence? This man spoke of superstition and stigma, not facts or reason. Perhaps entrusting this matter to the Occult club was a bad idea...

"Hmmm...no doubt about it. This is a portal to the world of the damned. And this was indeed artificial." Goule said seriously, stroking his hand through the gas, rubbing his fingers together. "Conjured up by hate and ill will. What I know for certain? Whomever summoned this field...intends to rip one's soul away from their cold dead body!"

"Is that so?" Lance said, rubbing his chin as the dark cloud continued to swirl. He thought for a moment, and was about to pose a question before remembering that Tobias was also there.
"Tobias, this is Goule, a member of the occult club. Goule, this is Tobias." Lance said, introducing the two Ra Yellows. He turned his attention back to Goule.

"What about this leads you believe that? That it is artificial, that it is a portal, that someone intends to use it to rip away another's soul?" Lance asked Goule. "And rip away another's soul? If their intension is to use this to kill, why not use a simple weapon instead?"

Lance introduced the two Ra yellows to one another, Goule tipped his parasol to the archaeologist in a modest greeting.

"Charmed...hehe..."

"
Hmph."

Tobias was quiet in observation. This man had many leaps in logic, tied together with hearsay and speculation. He wasn't one to comment, so he was going to see how this would play out.

"Call it...intuition...kehehe..." Goule added mysteriously. "I had the pleasure to interview an ex-employee of the founder of this game...a guard for the former top duelist: Maximilian Pegasus. He spoke of a dark, swirling cloud amidst a duel. He said it was otherworldly, conjured up through and I quote: 'Weird Magic.'"

Twirling a finger into the air and letting a dark wisp of energy Flow past his thin fingers, a crescent shaped smile crept along his face.

"And im quite acquainted with the art of soul tampering, I've done a few rituals in the past revolving them. This tug in your chest? The feeling in your gut that makes you want to tear it out? There's no doubt about it...this is a soul ritual."

Clenching his fist with the sounds of his own bones cracking and flexing, he turned back to Lance and Tobias, a more stern expression on his face.

"As to why they use this method of killing...I cannot answer. But mark my words, whomever created this field...they have such knowledge of the arts to make them extremely dangerous..." His eyes narrowed. "I pity for the poor soul inside...who is to say what they are experiencing in there."

Lance seemed satisfied with Goule's response, though the mention of this happening to the creator of Duel Monsters had... troubling implications. None that he could dwell on at this moment, there were bigger 7 Colored Fish to fry.
"Very well. Some sort of ritual, or portal of some sort, being used to attempt to rip away someone's soul." Lance said, scratching his forehead. "Do you know of any way of shutting it down? Dispelling it?"

"Dispelling it? Hmmmm..."

A trouble look had washed over Goule's face, his thoughts colliding with each other as he brainstormed. Looking at his pale, slender wrist, he preformed motions with a finger, as if drawing an invisible inscription.

"You see... the ways mine were dispelled were by cutting a series of symbols into my arm and thrusting salt into the gaping wounds." He grimaced. "However, without means of entering this cloud...we have no method of inscribing them. Besides...I probably should not be the expert to contact regarding 'curing' these matters, as I have not yet cured myself."

"In basic terms, we are out of luck. Is that correct?"

Tobias didn't really understand his thought process, but understood the conclusion. He wasn't going to be helpful here. Goule arched a brow at him, before turning back to the cloud with a pair of crossed arms.

"I wouldn't put it quite like that...but there are some tasks too monumental for a simple man such as myself. I'm afraid that we will have to wait...unless any of you brought any artifacts imbued with ancient power by chance? Hmmmmm?"

And Goule had no solution. Lance hadn't missed the small detail Goule kept in, that the occult club member was already cursed. And it sounded like had actual experience with these sorts of things.
"Hmm..." Lance said. "So, nothing for us to do then to wait..."
The third year student leaned against a tree, watching the darkness swirl. He glanced over to Goule. There might something he could do, but he wasn't sure if now was a right time to reveal it...
"And even if we did have an artifact imbued by ancient power, how would that help us?" Lance asked Goule.

Bella said nothing to the diss as her foe made his turn and naturally sought to blast her bound monster, but just as it looked like her monster was about to eat dust, Bella proved she was not out of this yet.

"Oh no you don't, I activate my Face-Down Card! Mask Change II! I take one card and discard it, then I can send a monster I control to the GY and Special Summon a monster from the Extra Deck with the same attribute. Come fourth! Masked HERO Divine Wind, defense mode!" Bella explained, as once more a golden mask shot out and covered Masked HERO Blast before he was consumed in a bright sphere of light as a new HERO had been summoned in his place.

Masked HERO Divine Wind
1900 DEF/2800 ATK

"Among his effects, he cannot be destroyed by battle and you may only attack with 1 monster for each Battle Phase." Bella explained, as Divine Wind even with his inferior stats was able to endure the white lightning as he held a strong defensive stance.

The card I discarded was also Elemental HERO Shadow Mist, meaning since it was sent to the GY I can add a LV 4 or lower HERO to my hand." Bella explained as her deck shuffled itself and she smiled having again endured his attack and removed his costly trap all at once.

"Oh? Apologies, I thought that to be easy to infer..." Goule replied, putting a finger up. "You see...there are ancient artifacts that are said to be able to warp the mind and transcend the body from this world to another...though I have not been lucky to have eyed such an object before. One would be very useful in retrieving whomever is inside...even if it were a weaker artifact I'm sure there would be some use to us here..."

"GODDAMNIT!" Shantenzu shouted at her. "How long are you going to stall this out?? You know you can't beat him so stop wasting my time you lousy broad! Attack again Blue eyes! Get that monster out of my sight!"

the fusion monster roared as the chains fell away, revealing the hero that took it's place. But it didnt matter to it, after all, it's just another to enter the furnace. So it unleashed a powerful burst stream of lightning that washed over to Bella's side of the field. When the lighting cleared this monster...was still standing. Defying him. He growled at the thought.

"This changes nothing! All I gotta do is get past him any your through!"

Last edited:
Bella sighed in relief, her HEROs had once more saved her in her darkest hour. Yet if all these close calls had wanned Bella's confidence at all, she had not allowed it to show as she smiled back at the Raider. A smile of all things, perhaps she really had gone mad with this dark world or she somehow still believed she could win.

"But if you can is the question. That monster might be an impressive force, but you will not get by this HERO with that alone. Now either finish your turn or make a move!" Bella called out though he had one point. She needed to go on the attack if she was to have a chance to win this, she could not afford to play defense for long...

"Fine then, I end. You bought yourself one turn. One turn and your soul is mine missy!"

He pointed to the three cards in his hand. He had things to use. But it seemed like he wasn't going to use them at the moment. He was proving that he wasn't done with her. That he could finish her off soon. This world, this Shadow Field is created...this was the world where he was God. And it was God's choice to smite anyone he saw fit. A wicked smile spread across his face as he thought about that concept. Shantenzu the God. Had a nice ring to it.

Hand: 3
field: Blue-Eyes Twin Burst Dragon (3000 ATK / 2500 DEF.

"Hmm..." Lance muttered, tapping his arm. Options, options. There could be a way to use the meteorite... but who knew who else would be watching right now? Then there was what he had... but there were similar problems to the first option. Lance weighed the options, trying to figure out what to do. Then there was the fact that Bella had yet to respond. Not to concerning, as it was possible she was busy with other things. But another semi-trustworthy set of eyes would be helpful to this situation.
"I assume finding some way to look through the darkness is beyond our current capabilities as well?" Lance asked Goule.

It was now or never, Bella had cards she needed to overcome this monster, she just had to hope the next card she fed into her plan of attack as her GY started to be a point of concern, while she had not fallen in danger of a deck out yet she needed to shift to the attack as she'd only be able to stay on the defensive for so long. With a sigh, Bella prepared to make her draw as she worked to rekindle her resolve.

"My turn, I draw!" Bella called out, as she took a look at her hand and then scanned her field as she seemed to map out a strategy.

Cards on Field: Masked HERO Divine Wind, Face-Up Defense Mode (1900 DEF/2800 ATK)
Cards in Hand: 3
Cards in GY: 20

"First, I activate the card Mask Charge from my hand! I am able to take one HERO card and one "Change" spell card from my GY and then add them to my hand." Bella explained, as once more that charge station had appeared on her field and soon she had made her selections as she added the new cards to her hand.

Cards on Field: Masked HERO Divine Wind, Face-Up Defense Mode (1900 DEF/2800 ATK)
Cards in GY: 19

"Next I summon Elemental HERO Stratos! In Attack Mode!" Bella called out, as a gust of wind had shot from her field as an object zoomed in the air before the familiar figure of Stratos had descended down and assumed a battle stance.

Elemental HERO Stratos
1800 ATK/300 DEF

"I activate his effect! When Stratos is successfully summoned I am allowed to activate 1 of 2 effects, in this case I chose to add 1 "HERO" monster from my deck to my hand." Bella explained as she quickly had made her selection and her deck shuffled itself.

Cards on Field: Masked HERO Divine Wind, Face-Up DEF Mode (1900 DEF/2800 ATK), Elemental HERO Stratos, Face-Up ATK Mode (1800 ATK/300 DEF)

"How many times do I gotta tell you?? Not matter how you shuffle those damn heroes around, it'll never work!" The thug leader snarled. "All they keep doing is dying again and again, nothing else!"

His dragon salivated from both heads as it peered to her side of the field. It almost seemed like it was going to leap off and act on it's own at any moment. But that would be absurd, as much as he'd like the prospect of it mauling his opponent to death. For now, he'd have to waste his time waiting for her lengthy turn to be over.

However at this, Bella grinned. As in spite of the taunts, in spite of the darkness around her and in spite of the stakes she seemed to be confident in what she had held in her hand.

"We'll see about that. I flip Masked HERO Divine Wind in attack mode!" Bella declared first, as the green hero moved from a defensive stance to a combat-ready one though even with its strength it had been just shy of the fused Blue-Eyes in might.

Masked HERO Divine Wind
2800 ATK/1900 DEF

"I then activate the Spell Card Mask Function! By discarding one "Masked HERO" monster I control, I can target a monster my opponent controls. Until the end of this turn, its effects are negated." Bella explained, as she sent her Masked HERO in the grave as penalty and a little stream shinned over the two-headed Blue-Eyes as now its effects had been sealed off.

Cards on Field: Masked HERO Divine Wind, Face-Up ATK Mode (2800 ATK/1900 DEF), Elemental HERO Stratos, Face-Up ATK Mode (1800 ATK/300 DEF)
Cards in GY: 21

"I then activate another Spell Card from my hand, Double Attack (Attack Union)! This card lets me only attack with 1 monster for this turn, but with that cost I can transfer the ATK of another monster I control to that monster until the end of this turn. Stratos, give Divine Wind your strength!" Bella called out, as Statos seemed to make a heroic pose as a green light shinned from him and a surge of energy flowed into Divine Wind as its attack increased sharply.

Masked HERO Divine Wind
4600 ATK/1900 DEF

"I attack Blue-Eyes Twin Burst Dragon with Masked HERO Divine Wind! Divine Judgement!" Bella called out, as the culmination of her move was shown as the hero seemed to gather an obscene amount of air around itself as it struck a stance, before in the blind of an eye it charged and aimed to drive the full force of its strength right into the heart of the overpowering beast.

"Eh...?!"

Divine wind charged up immense power, bursting forth with shocking ferocity as if ripped through the air. It struck the burst dragon directly through it's gut, Energy erupting forth that blinded Shantenzu, clearing past the dark!

Shantenzu's Life Points: 2300

The light was visible even to the outside before it dimmed. What was left was...

...what?

The Twin burst dragon stood, the slash across it's gut. The wound was see through, clearly evident that it penetrated right through him.
So what gives? The thug wiped some dirt from his lip, looking back at Bella.

"Tch...that took guts kid. Striking back at me like that? Damn gutsy. But you don't think that would take me down, would ya?" They gave a grin. "My blue eyes is so powerful, no monster in the game can destroy it, not even the blue eyes ultimate dragon! Even if you had infinite attack points, he would still be standing!!"

He threw his hands to the side, his pupils becoming smaller and his grin becoming more monstrous and he spat out his cigarette.

"Don't you see?! I'm Invincible!!! HAHAHAAAAA!!!"

*Crack...*

"...Huh?"

The blue eyes began to cover in cracks, fractures all over it's frame. What was going on? His monster was invincible! Surely no hero could-

Then he remembered. His invincible aura was negated for this turn. The damn hero did it. But how-

"ROOOOOOOAAAAAR!"

The dragon gave out a anguished roar as it shattered into a million pieces, the raider dropping down and clutching his heart, as if he had a heart attack. His eyes twitched, his nose scrunched up. How could she beat his invincible monster. Looking up to her, he yelled at the student, saliva flying from his rabid mouth.

"You can't win! Your just a stupid ass kid in this god forsaken campus! I beat kids like you on the daily, ya hear me?!? I'm invincible! You hear me?! INVINCIBLE!!!!"

Last edited:
Bella watched and waited as at first it seemed like the Blue-Eyes remained standing, even after all she had spent to try and dispose of it which had Bella concerned. But a delayed effect soon had the mighty beast crumble before her eyes as finally the beast that had nerved her to no end was disposed of. Bella sighed in relief as Divine Wind returned to her field beside Stratos and her opponent seemed to almost spit at her as he tried to remain sure of his supremacy even with his beast bested.

At this Bella grinned.

"Seems for all you've done to try and break my spirit, you are the one who seems unsettled. I activate the other effect of Masked HERO Divine Wind, when it successfully destroys a monster by battle, I am allowed to draw one card." Bella explained, drawing an additional card as she scanned her hand before she set one card face-down as its holographic image appeared on the field.

"I set one card face down, and I end my turn there." Bella declared, as she seemed to gain back a confidence, she had taken the fight to her foe and now seemed in comfortable control.

Cards on Field: Masked HERO Divine Wind, Face-Up ATK Mode (2800 ATK/1900 DEF), Elemental HERO Stratos, Face-Up ATK Mode (1800 ATK/300 DEF), 1 Spell/Trap card Face-Down
Cards in Hand: 1
Cards in GY: 22

The ringleader of the raiders snarled, showing his crooked yellow teeth as Bella's spirit was firing up. Beating his dragon? A girl like her? Absurd. He had to take her soul. One way, or another.

"Buzz off, brat." He snapped at her, drawing a card, standing back up. "You think your so tough for taking out my twin headed blue eyes...but with these cards?"

He held out two spell cards to her. 'Return of the Dragon Lords' and 'Sliver's Cry'. The ground began to quake as the fragments of the Twin blue eyes came back together. But this time...the dragon ripped itself in half, a grotesque blue fluid flowing down the torn sections as they slowly healed into new limbs. They had separated...Into two separate Blue eyes white dragons!

Blue eyes white dragon: 3000 ATK / 2500 DEF
Blue eyes white dragon: 3000 ATK / 2500 DEF

"...I still have one last push to take the rug right out from under you! My reanimated dragons will turn your heros into fried corpses! You could handle one dragon, how about two?!? ATTACK!!!"

The semizombified dragon fired it's white lightning attack down at the NOT Divine wind, the dragons jaws almost unhinging from it's mouth as their body continued to fail them.

Shantenzu's Life Points: 2400
field: Blue-Eyes white Dragon X2 (3000 ATK / 2500 DEF.

"Hmmm, yes, I'm afraid so. Unless you happen to have vials of her blood and some bone marrow-"

Suddenly, a white flash shown in the mist as two dragons appeared separated, the white lighting making them visible for a brief time before it faded. Goule put a hand near his mouth.

"Oh dear...we may be too late."

"Hmph. For one who has faith in the hereafter, you have little faith for those in the here and now."

Tobias shook his head, making his thoughts known as he fixated his gaze on the field before him before continuing.

"It may appear to be grim, but whomever is inside Is a member of this school. I elect to keep my faith in them until it proved to be misplaced. And so it shall be."

A silence followed as Tobias closed his eyes, simply waiting in his crossed armed state for the shadow game to end so he may see the Victor. Goule gave a simple chuckle.

"hehe...my, didn't expect such sentiments from you."

"
Hmph."

Last edited:
Just as momentum seemed to swing in Bella's favor, it seemed this Raider had once more found a way to stem that momentum as within one move and two cards he had not one but two Blue-Eyes monsters on the field which had caused Bella's eyes to widen in shock as suddenly her heroes had been dwarfed once more.

Stratos had remained standing, but even his heroic valor could not save him as the White-Lightning came and blasted him to kingdom come and Bella felt the literal sting as this shadow realm seemed to spread the pain to her as the Raider had taken a significant chunk of her life points.

Damn it, it hurts....this whole thing is so...twisted! B-but I cannot give up, I won't give up!

Bella panted a bit, before her face-down card revealed itself.

"I activate Jar of Avarice. I am allowed to select 5 cards in my GY and return them to my deck, then I am allowed to draw one card." Bella explained as she selected her cards, some went to her deck and some to her extra deck before her deck shuffled itself and she had drawn a new card from it.

Bella's Life Points: 2600
Cards on Field: Masked HERO Divine Wind, Face-Up ATK Mode (2700 ATK/1900 DEF)