• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Annual Almia Tournament (Discussion)

Since all the RPer spots have been taken, should I make this Private/Closed? Spectating char's, tho.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alrighty, Mr.Glaceon and Takumeme666420 you guys can maybe do half of the battles. For the qualification round, I'll have people fight against NPCs for an automatic win (unless they want to lose then), and then the randomizer can take place.

Everyone alright with that?

Probably tonight. Still trying to figure out if I should copy and paste the beginning of my starting post for this thread on my RP, or completely change it up and include more detail. Kind of leaning towards the latter because I'd be copy and pasting a post that is specifically for the Discussion thread. If it is the latter, it'll take awhile.

HELLO!!! I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED AND I AM INTERESTED!!

Ry Burst
Name: Ry Burst
Birthplace/Hometown: Veilstone City, Sinnoh
Appearance
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 182 lbs
  • Hair Color/Length/Style: Ry has medium length shaggy hair that is reddish brown. It hangs loosely and is extremely messy.
  • Eye Color: He has deep emerald green eyes
  • Identifying Marks: Ry has a jagged crescent scar on his left shoulder and a small sharp scar under his right eye.
  • Musculature: He is a quite muscular young man, who is well fit and agile thanks to the last 9 years with physical training.
  • Clothing: The most important part of his wardrobe is a pendant. The trim is a silver color while the center holds a Key Stone. He keeps this hidden under his clothes and only reveals it off the odd chance he needs to Mega Evolve Jet, which isn’t very common. He wears clothes that are comfy. His torso normally is something along the lines of a white t-shirt. Over it is either a open red and white plaid button up shirt, or a red hoodie with white pockets, when it’s colder. He usually sticks to navy blue jeans, and red and white Converse All Star High Tops. His backpack is a one strapped green bag. He also has a pair of red goggles with tinted black lenses for dealing with intense heat or to keep things out of his eye. He also wears a brown trench-coat from time to time.
Personality: Ry is a goof ball who is full of energy. He cracks jokes and tries to keep everyone in a good mood. He loves to battle and is always up for a brawl. He is an extremely loyal friend and trainer, fully trusting his friends and his Pokémon. However with the upbeat attitude he was some signs of weakness. One of them is when someone insults his Pokémon or his friends. He gets very upset, and he defends those who were insulted. Something peculiar about him, is his overall ignorance involving some more social aspects. He doesn’t pick up on clues and hints very quickly, like someone having a crush on him or hating his guts. The way it seems is, is that if it doesn’t involve Pokémon, battling or cooking, he is quite oblivious in this subject. However if there is an argument, and he picks up on it, he tries to jump in as a moderator. He is somewhat of a budding Pokémon breeder, with his mom teaching him a lot as he grew up. However there are a lot of times, where he can seem childish. A note about him is he is older and now more experienced. He has a lot of faith in his abilities ad strengths, He is studying Pokemon Mythology in college now and he is a bit of a history buff too.
Strengths: He seems to have boundless energy, along with a great deal of optimism. He has grit and hates to give up. He is very loyal and will protect his friends to the best of his ability. He has quite a good potential for battling. He also is a good cook.
Flaws: He is quite ignorant at times, often not realizing what's going on, outside of Pokemon Battles. He’s hot headed and acts much on instinct. This can lead to problems when he doesn’t think things through.
Brief History:
Ry was born and raised in Veilstone City on October 17th. His mother was a breeder, and his father was a Police Officer and ex-trainer. However, Ry never learned about how he father was once a trainer until he was around 9. One night, James, Ry’s father received a call telling him that they needed him for a raid. The VPD (Veilstone Police Department) had received a tip that the remaining members of Team Galactic were in a warehouse, in the Northern sector of the city. His father left, and he didn’t know that Ry had sunk along, by hiding in the back of the air, because he wa curious to see his dad in action. By the time they arrived on scene, the police were about to begin the raid. Once they began, the majority of the police entered the building, while few were still outside. James was one of the many inside. Ry snuck inside a began look for his father. In the midst of the action, involving dozens of Pokemon battles, with Police officers versus Grunts, a poorly aimed attack hit a vat of chemicals, causing a major explosion. Ry was rescued by the Legendary Pokemon Latios as it had been released by its keeper right before the explosion. While escaping, a pipe slashed Ry’s shoulder giving him the crescent scar he has now. After this, Ry vowed to become a Pokemon Trainer to meet more Pokemon like Latios and help others. But to do so, he knew he needed to get stronger. So when he was 10, and officially old enough to be a trainer, he requested to train with the Veilstone Gym Leader Maylene. She planned to refuse, but he father convinced her to do it, as James and him were good friends. Also, she was getting to the point where having a pupil might not be a bad idea. So she gave him a Machop egg, and when it hatched, she would begin his training. About a week later, Professor Rowan passed through Veilstone and attracted quite a good amount of attention. Ry, who thought meeting a Professor would be a good idea, flocked to meet him. However he actually bumped into the man, while looking for him making both of them, drop their eggs into a bush. Rowan told Ry, that these were the eggs for some of the starter Pokemon that trainers near Sandgem town could receive. Ry told Row that his egg would hatch into a Machop, and it would help him train. However both people didn't know that there was a mix up and one of the eggs got switched with the Machop egg, when they went their separate ways When the egg hatched, the species whom it was shocked everyone. It was a Chimchar. Ry ignores that fact, and named him Fuego. Maylene contacted Professor Rowan, who was also shocked to find a baby Machop that came out of his egg. She told Ry not to get too attached to Fuego, but he did. But he time Rowan got there, he noticed their bond, and decided to let the boy keep Fuego. Giving up, Maylene began Ry’s training. Ry’s training was rough and he spent many hours working out his body, mind, bond with Fuego, and of course his battling ability. He learned from Maylene, whenever she was free, from other gym trainers, and of course from watching gym battles. He also spent any free time learning about Pokemon care, upkeep, species, cooking, and other important skills, from his mother. Ry worked hard during these five years and so did Fuego, achieving an evolution during this time, evolving into a Monferno. After his training, on his 15th birthday, he decided to travel the Sinnoh region and meet other Pokemon and take the gym challenge. He met some friends, whom he traveled with and met new pokemon. He challenged the Sinnoh League and made it to the top 16. Afterwards, he traveled the Kanto region and competed in that league. Again he lost, so he decided to head to Kalos and train with the Mega Evolution Guru. Afterwards, he took a short vacation to Alola, before he headed back to Sinnoh. Again, he challenged that league and lost. So he decided to travel up north for some more training, where he learned how to use Blast Burn and Frenzy Plant. After that he spent six months travelling before heading to Canalave City and applying for the the University there. he spent a year studying Pokemon Mythology and History, before taking a break tp take part in this tournament.
Family: Sarah Burst: Sarah is Ry’s mother and she is constantly on the sidelines supporting her son. She lives outside of Veilstone City, and take care of Ry’s Pokemon while he is away. Something important to also mention, is that she was once a great breeder, and taught Ry what she knows, during his training with Maylene
James Burst: James is Ry’s deceased father. James was once an officer for the Veilstone Police Force. His best friend was Maylene’s father, which was part of the reason, the young gym leader, agreed to tutor Ry, after James’ passing. His death was when there was a lab explosion in a Warehouse operated by a group of men who wanted to revive Team Galactic. James got a call to see what was going on, and Ry tagged along, which led to James’ death and Ry’s rescue by Latios. Also, his battle style, Battle Sync, is the same type Ry uses, and it isn’t very common
Love Relationships?:
Main Pokémon Team:
Species: Infernape
Nickname: Fuego
Ability: Blaze
Held Item (if any): Expert Belt tied tightly around his waist
Hidden Power Type: Electric
Special Features: His upbeat tone and energy. He also is slightly bigger thsan the average Infernape due to his intense training with Ry
Strengths: Tough Fighter, Fun Loving, and Stubborn and god things about him. Fuego is extremely loyal.
Flaws: Like his trainer he is a bit hard headed and gullible form time to time
Quick History: When Fuego was just an unmatched Chimchar, his meeting with Ry was purely by chance. During a mix up with eggs, Ry’s first Pokemon, which was a Machop egg, got mixed up with Professor Rowan’s eggs he was taking to his lab in Sandgem Town. However Rowan ended up with the Machop egg and Ry ended up with he Chimchar egg. Time passed and when he eggs hatched everyone was surprised to see what they did. However when Rowan came to return the Machop, he noticed the bond between Ry and the Chimchar and he allowed th boy to keep him. The duo was then formed, and began tot train in the way of the fighting type Pokemon. During this training, Fuego evolved into a Monferno. Later, after Ry finished his training and went on a journey, he evolved while fighting the Canalave City Gym Leader Byron
Personality: Fuego is a loyal Pokemon and good friend. He is very similar personality to Ry, which may be because of the amount of time the two have shared, and the fact that Ry hatched Fuego from and egg. Fuego is known to give a thumbs up to his opponents and loves to battle. Fuego is a loyal Pokemon, who like his trainer, forms rivalries with tough opponents, like Brief’s Druddigon, and Levi’s Cronus. However Fuego can be a bit hotheaded at times, when flustered. However he’s learned to control this through intense training. He’s Ry’s best friend.
Game-Equivalent Level: 89
Favorite Moves: Thunder Punch, Mach Punch, Flame Wheel, Blast Burn, Acrobatics, Close Combat, Flare Blitz, Stone Edge
Can Swim?: No

Species: Sceptile
Nickname: Jet
Ability: Overgrow
Held Item (if any): Sceptileite in a leather gauntlet on left arm.
Hidden Power Type: Ice
Special Features: His prideful demeanor that can be offputting to other Pokemon
Strengths: He is powerful and isn't someone to give up. He loves to fight.
Flaws: He is stubborn and prideful. He acts like hes the strongest fighter in the world and hates giving up.
Quick History: As a young Treecko, his original Trainer, went to Sinnoh, to meet with an old friend. They two friends had a battle, and Jet lost horribly. Enraged at how weak Jet was, the trainer ordered his other Pokemon to attack, and ditched the Grass Type outside of Solaceon. Jet in anger, began to train, and became hateful towards humans. He focused on getting stronger and bullying people. However when he met Ry, he became attached to him and his good attitude. They later became friends, and Ry added Jet to his team. Jet formed a rivalry with the Hearthome City’s Gym Leader’s Gengar. He lost his first battle with it, and won the second, evolving just in time to win. Later he was give the ability to Mega Evolve by Cynthia, but refused to use it until fighting a Charizard in Kanto, months later.
Personality: Jet is stubborn and wants to be strong. When Ry first met Jet, he refused to battle anyone that he would have an advantage over. He is stubborn and prideful. Jet used to expect people to either treat him poorly or see him as a threat. Ry’s way of taking care of Jet, was in shock. In time, Jet dropped these feeling. Towards others and became a bit more open to others to people. However in a sense he is still stubborn and can come off as rude. Due to this stubborn and prideful attitude, he hates Mega Evolving and rarely does it.
Game-Equivalent Level: 86
Favorite Moves: Leaf Blade, Dragon Claw, Aerial Ace, Frenzy Plant, Energy Ball, Leaf Storm
Can Swim?: Yes

Species
: Poliwrath
Nickname: Splashy
Ability: Damp
Held Item: N/A
Hidden Power Type: Flying
Special Features: N/A
Strengths: Great power and very kind and nurturing
Flaws: A bit dull witted, and slow reaction time
Quick History: Ry rescued the young Splashy as a Poliwag from a trainer that would become Ry's greatest rival. And the two bonded after defeating a robber and Splashy joined Ry's team as the first Pokemon he caught.
Personality: Splashy is motherly and a very kind Pokemon. He nurtures Ry and his other Pokemon. However, in battle, Splashy is boastful and likes to show his power. He likes to be the center of a battle.
Game-Equivalent Level: 81
Favorite Moves: Ice Beam, Focus Blast, Hydro Pump, Brick Break, Protect, Blizzard,

Species: Pancham
Nickname: Pax
Ability: Mold Breaker
Held Item: N/A
Hidden Power Type: Dark
Special Features: A bit scruffier and scrawnier than the average Pancham
Strengths: Small, nimble, quick
Flaws: Bad defense, but stubborn
Quick History: While training with Guurkin, Ry ran into a Pancham that often played pranks on him. but as the pranks were played, the two bonded and became good friends.
Personality: Pax is a Pokemon that is reliable, but mischievous in his own right, playing tricks on Ry and climbing on his shoulders. Pax is goofy, friendly, but often sighs in embarrassment when his trainer does something stupid.
Game-Equivalent Level: 74
Favorite Moves: Stone Edge, Karate Chop, Body Slam, Shadow Claw, Double Team

Species: Steelix
Nickname: Venetrix
Ability: Rock Head
Held Item (if any): Metal Coat
Hidden Power Type: Grass
Special Features: Battle Scars that dent his steel coating
Strengths: Good defense
Flaws: Slow
Quick History: Ventrex is the newest member of the team, but the oldest in age. Ry caught him to help explore Iron Island a year ago during a college expedition.
Personality: Ventrex is the slow humble giant with tons of wisdom. he's a proud fighter, but is loyal and quiet.
Game-Equivalent Level: 87
Favorite Moves: Flash Cannon, Iron Tail, Rapid Spin, Rock Slide, Dig, Earthquake, Automize, Double Egde, Stone Edge, Ice Fang
Can Swim?: Oh God NO (Pichu are you TRYING to kill my iron snake? XD)

Species: Togekiss
Nickname: Grace
Ability: Serene Grace
Held Item (if any): N/A
Hidden Power Type: Psychic
Strengths: Pride
Flaws: Wants to win, a bit selfish
Quick History: Ry was given Grace as an egg after his first league and he kept her and raided her into a Togekiss.
Personality): She's a air-headed diva, who lets her pride get the better of herself. She always wants to help and prove herself.
Game-Equivalent Level: 77
Favorite Moves: Dazzling Gleam, Aura Sphere, Air Slash, Extremespeed

Pokémon Switch-Ins:

Species
: Beedrill
Nickname: Sting
Ability: Swarm
Hidden Power Type: Psychic
Special Features: At first glance, Sting looks like an average Beedrill. However, his cone shaped stingers, have more of a point, and there is faint scars on them due to an intense battle with a wild Onix.
Strengths: Speed, Posion
Flaws: Weak to Water, Relies heavily on flying
Quick History: Sting was the first Pokemon, Ry caught in the Kanto region. Ry met Sting as a Weedle, and they trained furiously until Sting evolved so Ry could use him in his Pewter City Gym Battle.
Personality: Like most Beedrill, Sting is very territorial and is easy to rattle. He gets very protective of smaller Pokémon that belong to Ry or his friends, and believes in tough love
Game-Equivalent Level: 69
Favorite Moves: Twineedle, Poison Jab, Agility, X-Scissor, Poison Sting

Species: Hitmonchan
Nickname: Baxter
Ability: Iron Fist
Hidden Power Type: Ghost
Strengths: Fast, good counters
Flaws: Is quick to panic
Quick History: Baxter was thrown onto the team by accident. Ry ran into Baxter's egg and the Pokemon soon hatched. Ry felt bad as the trainer didn't get to witness that, and sought out to find him to return him. But the trainer was abusive and didn't want Baxter as the baby Pokemon seemed weak and had taken a liking to Ry. So Ry trained him.
Personality: Baxter is the second youngest on the team (behind Pax), but still acts like a baby. He is easy to spook, but in a fight, he works hard to concentrate and win.
Game-Equivalent Level: 72
Favorite Moves: Sky Uppercut, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Mach Punch, Bullet Punch

Extra: Pokemon claimed March 26, 2018 at 10:47 PM
Notes: As for the Key Stone with him and Jet, It has been approved. But I do not plan on using it for this tournament. (In the manga it mentions how the user feels sick and weakened when without their Key stone, so Ry wouldn't be able to fight to the best of his ability is he didn't have it on his person). Also as you will see upon Jet's info is that he doesn't like Mega Evolving and Ry isn't someone to use it if Jet doesn't want to.

I'll have it finished by tomorrow, and I'm going to mentioned his team so people know what Pokemon I'm planning on using.

Fuego (Male Infernape)
Jet (Male Sceptile)
Pax (Male Pancham)
Splashy (Male Poliwrath)
Ventrex (Male Steelix)
Grace (Female Togekiss)

Reserves as
Sting (Male Beedrill)
Baxter (Male Hitmonchan)

As a quick note on the Pokemon I mentioned, I do have two Starter Pokemon (Don't murder me, and let me explain) who do have completely unique personalities and backstories that don't consist of me starting as being a 10 year old at Rowa'ns lab and getting a Treecko from Birch cause I was so kewl.

Last edited:
Well, once you add what time you posted this post on the Extra section and give a very good valid reason for having those two Pokemon, then you will be accepted :3 But since you have rarely used Pokemon on the rest of your team, especially a pre-evolved Pokemon, you'll just be honky-dory :3 (that means fine, just so ya know :3 )

*Shadow Oshawott hides from Jet while fumbling through his trainer's bag for an X Defense 6*

I can probably tell that even a little evil Pokémon like Riptide might get his bottom kicked really hard by you know who...

So, I was wondering where our characters would be if others are battling. (Since I would presume that only one battle can happen at a time, and I might need to look into other places near the said place that the battles are taking place.)

I feel like I'm that guy who enters the class after 30 minutes.

Name: Mike Sterkleiki
Birthplace/Hometown: Virbank City, Unova
Appearance
  • Height: 5'01
  • Weight: 98 pounds
  • Hair Color/Length/Style: Mike's hair is short, he often combs it to the right, but his hair grows to the left. His hair is straight and it is dark chocolate.
  • Eye Color: Black
  • Identifying Marks (i.e. tattoos, piercings, freckles, etc.): Mike got a small black Birth Mark below his mouth.
  • Musculature: Mike is really skinny, his chest's bones can be seen when he takes out his shirt.
  • Clothing: Mike wears a red T-Shirt that is followed by an open black leather jacket, he also wears a silver necklace and a golden ring. He also wears a blue loose jeans pants that are followed by a green belt. He uses purple socks and brown leather boots that are clothes by six belts, three on the left side of the boot, and three on the right side of the boot. Mark wears round glasses, but he doesn't really need them, it is just for the style.
Personality: Mike is serious, but his emotions are something that is often shown when he is in a tense combat, he often loses his control and screams the orders instead of just normally saying them. Mike is really kind to his Pokémon, and he changes completely when talking to them. Even being serious, Mike sometimes is silly, but that's only when he is with his friends, he respects people that he doesn't know.
Strengths: Mike is really good at creating quick strategies, and that helps him when he is in a pinch.
Flaws: Mike doesn't pay attention to his surroundings, so that doesn't help him when he is trying to battle without strategies.
Brief History (Include the regions of which they’ve won championships, how many badges/ribbons/Z-Crystals/keys they’ve collected, and their general experience dealing with Pokémon): Mike born in Virbank City, he wasn't really interested in Pokémon when he was a kid, but he started to get interested in it when his brother Jack got a starter Pokémon. When his brother got a Pokémon, he started to study at the nearest Pokémon school, and he then decided to go on his own adventure.

Mike never managed to beat his region's Elite Four because prepared, but, he then moved to Hoenn, where he caught is Swalot, and he then managed to beat Hoenn's Elite Four. He then moved to Johto, and that's where he caught his Fearow and his Primeape, he then defeated Johto's Elite Four. He went back to Unova, but he lost again. He never defeated any champion.
Family: Jack Sterkleiki (Brother), Jin Sterkleiki (Brother), Karla Sterkleiki (Mom), Josh Sterkleiki (Dad).
Love Relationships?: N/A
Main Pokémon Team:

ATTACK
Species: Primeape
Nickname: Primeape
Ability: Anger Point
Strengths: Primeape's strength is his strength!
Flaws: Primeape cannot control his rage, so, when he gets enraged, he tends to thrash everything around.
Quick History: Primeape was found near Mt. Silver, it was roaming around trying to find a place where it could sleep, and it found one, Mike's PokéBall!
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Primeape is always mad, and he tends to show it when he is having direct contact with his trainers or people around him. Mike fears Primeape sometimes.
Game-Equivalent Level: 78
Range of Moves They Avoid Learning (optional): It prefers a range where it can punch its enemy until it is fainted, so, obviously, he prefers close-ranged moves.
Can Swim? (It doesn’t matter if they have Surf. If a Pikachu can swim without Surf, then this is a yes): No.

Species: Herdier
Nickname: Herdier
Ability: Sand Rush
Special Features: Herdier's fur is bigger than the usual.
Strengths: Herdier's loyalty is his main characteristic
Flaws: Herdier gets distracted by anything, so that inflicts the way that it battles.
Quick History: Herdier was caught right after Mike got his Oshawott, he was always loyal to Mike, and that turned him into Mike's strongest Pokémon.
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Herdier is friendly, he tries to get attention from Mike's friends and sometimes he even marks his territory on them.
Range of Moves They Avoid Learning (optional): Herdier prefers close-ranged moves.
Can Swim? (It doesn’t matter if they have Surf. If a Pikachu can swim without Surf, then this is a yes): Yes.

Species: Dewott
Nickname: Potter (puns)
Ability: Torrent
Held Item (if any): Mystic Water
Hidden Power Type: Fire
Special Features: Potter's shells are shaper than the usual.
Strengths: Potter is smart, it knows how to battle by itself, but it still obeys Mike, following nearly all his orders and strategies.
Flaws: Potter sometimes ignores what Mike says, doing everything by himself, and that makes Mike angry.
Quick History:
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Potter is outgoing, he is always talking to his fellows, and he sometimes attempts to calm Primeape down, but sometimes it doesn't work.
Range of Moves They Avoid Learning (optional): Every range for Potter is good.
Can Swim? (It doesn’t matter if they have Surf. If a Pikachu can swim without Surf, then this is a yes): Yes.

DEFENSE

Species: Amoonguss
Nickname: Almighty kisser 47 (Or just AK47)
Ability: Effect Spore
Hidden Power Type: Bug
Strengths: Amoonguss is really fast, even though it jumps around.
Flaws: Amoonguss' balance is really bad because it has no feet.
Quick History: Amoonguss was found in Unova, it was really important on Mike's adventure in Johto, it defeated half of the Pokémon of all the members.
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Amoonguss is quiet, it doesn't talk to his partners, so it is hard to know its personality.
Range of Moves They Avoid Learning (optional): Moves that forces it to get near its enemy are avoided by Amoonguss.
Can Swim? (It doesn’t matter if they have Surf. If a Pikachu can swim without Surf, then this is a yes): No.

Species: Swalot
Nickname: Almighty Kisser 74 (Or just AK74)
Ability: Sticky Hold
Hidden Power Type: Water
Special Features: Swalot's lips are thicker than the usual.
Strengths: Swalot is really quick when thinking, so it may react faster than his partners.
Flaws: Swalot is really lazy, but this completely fades when it is in battle, but, his laziness sometimes makes him get out of important battles.
Quick History: Swalot was found after Mike went out of Slateport, its laziness made Mike place it in his PC for some months, but he then took it back, and he almost defeated the Elite Four with him.
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Swalot, as said above, is really lazy. It doesn't talk too much, but, when it does, it doesn't stop.
Game-Equivalent Level: 70
Range of Moves They Avoid Learning (optional): Swalot prefers moves that are in a close range.

Species: Fearow
Nickname: Beak
Ability: Sniper
Special Features: Fearow's wings are bigger than the usual.
Strengths: Fearow is used to speed, so it sometimes circles its enemy and then attacks at high speeds.
Flaws: Fearow's aim is bad, so it misses attacks like peck sometimes.
Quick History: Fearow was found during Mike's aventure in Johto, he was actually hatched, Mike found its egg on the ground, and he decided to take it.
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Fearow is a lone wolf, he prefers to fly around intead of talking to his partners. Fearow always comes back after his daily flight time, but he prefers to go back to the PokéBall.
Range of Moves They Avoid Learning (optional): Medium-ranged moves are the worst for Fearow.

Pokémon Switch-Ins (basically, you have more Pokémon in your arsenal to choose from in between matches. I will only allow 2):
Species: Gligar
Nickname: Giggles
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Hidden Power Type: Poison
Strengths: Gligar is really fast, and he knows how to communicate with Mike properly.
Flaws: Gligar is so silly that sometimes he takes it into the battle, making it lose its concentration and eventually lose.
Quick History: Gligar was caught by Mike after he was attacked by it, he decided to catch it because he thought it'd be a good idea.
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Gligar is silly and outgoing. He is the first one to wake up, and I don't need to explain why. Gligar loves when Mike rubs his torso.
Game-Equivalent Level: 65
Range of Moves They Avoid Learning (optional): Gligar likes every range.

Species: Pansear
Nickname: Stuffy
Ability: Gluttony
Strengths: Pansear's confidence is really big, and it doesn't give up until it is completely beaten.
Flaws: Pansear's nose often get stuffy, and it tries to get rid of it every time, and this sometimes happens during the battle.
Quick History: Pansear was given to Mike during his adventure in Unova, Pansear was really young, so Mike decided to train him after he was older, and, now that he is trained, he will use him.
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Pansear is confident and happy, he is always trying to socialize with his partners and he likes to go first when battling.
Game-Equivalent Level: 56
Range of Moves They Avoid Learning (optional): Pansear likes every range.

Extra: This was made at March's 27 at exactly 10PM.

Last edited:
HELLO!!! I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED AND I AM INTERESTED!!

Ry Burst {WIP}
Name: Ry Burst
Birthplace/Hometown: Veilstone City, Sinnoh
Appearance
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 182 lbs
  • Hair Color/Length/Style: Ry has medium length shaggy hair that is reddish brown. It hangs loosely and is extremely messy.
  • Eye Color: He has deep emerald green eyes
  • Identifying Marks: Ry has a jagged crescent scar on his left shoulder and a small sharp scar under his right eye.
  • Musculature: He is a quite muscular young man, who is well fit and agile thanks to the last 9 years with physical training.
  • Clothing: The most important part of his wardrobe is a pendant. The trim is a silver color while the center holds a Key Stone. He keeps this hidden under his clothes and only reveals it off the odd chance he needs to Mega Evolve Jet, which isn’t very common. He wears clothes that are comfy. His torso normally is something along the lines of a white t-shirt. Over it is either a open red and white plaid button up shirt, or a red hoodie with white pockets, when it’s colder. He usually sticks to navy blue jeans, and red and white Converse All Star High Tops. His backpack is a one strapped green bag. He also has a pair of red goggles with tinted black lenses for dealing with intense heat or to keep things out of his eye. He also wears a brown trench-coat from time to time.
Personality: Ry is a goof ball who is full of energy. He cracks jokes and tries to keep everyone in a good mood. He loves to battle and is always up for a brawl. He is an extremely loyal friend and trainer, fully trusting his friends and his Pokémon. However with the upbeat attitude he was some signs of weakness. One of them is when someone insults his Pokémon or his friends. He gets very upset, and he defends those who were insulted. Something peculiar about him, is his overall ignorance involving some more social aspects. He doesn’t pick up on clues and hints very quickly, like someone having a crush on him or hating his guts. The way it seems is, is that if it doesn’t involve Pokémon, battling or cooking, he is quite oblivious in this subject. However if there is an argument, and he picks up on it, he tries to jump in as a moderator. He is somewhat of a budding Pokémon breeder, with his mom teaching him a lot as he grew up. However there are a lot of times, where he can seem childish. A note about him is he is older and now more experienced. He has a lot of faith in his abilities ad strengths, He is studying Pokemon Mythology in college now and he is a bit of a history buff too.
Strengths: He seems to have boundless energy, along with a great deal of optimism. He has grit and hates to give up. He is very loyal and will protect his friends to the best of his ability. He has quite a good potential for battling. He also is a good cook.
Flaws: He is quite ignorant at times, often not realizing what's going on, outside of Pokemon Battles. He’s hot headed and acts much on instinct. This can lead to problems when he doesn’t think things through.
Brief History:
Ry was born and raised in Veilstone City on October 17th. His mother was a breeder, and his father was a Police Officer and ex-trainer. However, Ry never learned about how he father was once a trainer until he was around 9. One night, James, Ry’s father received a call telling him that they needed him for a raid. The VPD (Veilstone Police Department) had received a tip that the remaining members of Team Galactic were in a warehouse, in the Northern sector of the city. His father left, and he didn’t know that Ry had sunk along, by hiding in the back of the air, because he wa curious to see his dad in action. By the time they arrived on scene, the police were about to begin the raid. Once they began, the majority of the police entered the building, while few were still outside. James was one of the many inside. Ry snuck inside a began look for his father. In the midst of the action, involving dozens of Pokemon battles, with Police officers versus Grunts, a poorly aimed attack hit a vat of chemicals, causing a major explosion. Ry was rescued by the Legendary Pokemon Latios as it had been released by its keeper right before the explosion. While escaping, a pipe slashed Ry’s shoulder giving him the crescent scar he has now. After this, Ry vowed to become a Pokemon Trainer to meet more Pokemon like Latios and help others. But to do so, he knew he needed to get stronger. So when he was 10, and officially old enough to be a trainer, he requested to train with the Veilstone Gym Leader Maylene. She planned to refuse, but he father convinced her to do it, as James and him were good friends. Also, she was getting to the point where having a pupil might not be a bad idea. So she gave him a Machop egg, and when it hatched, she would begin his training. About a week later, Professor Rowan passed through Veilstone and attracted quite a good amount of attention. Ry, who thought meeting a Professor would be a good idea, flocked to meet him. However he actually bumped into the man, while looking for him making both of them, drop their eggs into a bush. Rowan told Ry, that these were the eggs for some of the starter Pokemon that trainers near Sandgem town could receive. Ry told Row that his egg would hatch into a Machop, and it would help him train. However both people didn't know that there was a mix up and one of the eggs got switched with the Machop egg, when they went their separate ways When the egg hatched, the species whom it was shocked everyone. It was a Chimchar. Ry ignores that fact, and named him Fuego. Maylene contacted Professor Rowan, who was also shocked to find a baby Machop that came out of his egg. She told Ry not to get too attached to Fuego, but he did. But he time Rowan got there, he noticed their bond, and decided to let the boy keep Fuego. Giving up, Maylene began Ry’s training. Ry’s training was rough and he spent many hours working out his body, mind, bond with Fuego, and of course his battling ability. He learned from Maylene, whenever she was free, from other gym trainers, and of course from watching gym battles. He also spent any free time learning about Pokemon care, upkeep, species, cooking, and other important skills, from his mother. Ry worked hard during these five years and so did Fuego, achieving an evolution during this time, evolving into a Monferno. After his training, on his 15th birthday, he decided to travel the Sinnoh region and meet other Pokemon and take the gym challenge. He met some friends, whom he traveled with and met new pokemon. He challenged the Sinnoh League and made it to the top 16. Afterwards, he traveled the Kanto region and competed in that league. Again he lost, so he decided to head to Kalos and train with the Mega Evolution Guru. Afterwards, he took a short vacation to Alola, before he headed back to Sinnoh. Again, he challenged that league and lost. So he decided to travel up north for some more training, where he learned how to use Blast Burn and Frenzy Plant. After that he spent six months travelling before heading to Canalave City and applying for the the University there. he spent a year studying Pokemon Mythology and History, before taking a break tp take part in this tournament.
Family: Sarah Burst: Sarah is Ry’s mother and she is constantly on the sidelines supporting her son. She lives outside of Veilstone City, and take care of Ry’s Pokemon while he is away. Something important to also mention, is that she was once a great breeder, and taught Ry what she knows, during his training with Maylene
James Burst: James is Ry’s deceased father. James was once an officer for the Veilstone Police Force. His best friend was Maylene’s father, which was part of the reason, the young gym leader, agreed to tutor Ry, after James’ passing. His death was when there was a lab explosion in a Warehouse operated by a group of men who wanted to revive Team Galactic. James got a call to see what was going on, and Ry tagged along, which led to James’ death and Ry’s rescue by Latios. Also, his battle style, Battle Sync, is the same type Ry uses, and it isn’t very common
Love Relationships?:
Main Pokémon Team:
Species: Infernape
Nickname: Fuego
Ability: Blaze
Held Item (if any): Expert Belt tied tightly around his waist
Hidden Power Type:
Special Features:
Strengths:
Flaws:
Quick History:
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this):
Game-Equivalent Level: 89
Favorite Moves: Thunder Punch, Mach Punch, Flame Wheel, Blast Burn, Acrobatics, Close Combat, Flare Blitz, Stone Edge

Species: Sceptile
Nickname: Jet
Ability: Overgrow
Held Item (if any): Sceptileite in a leather gauntlet on left arm.
Hidden Power Type:
Special Features:
Strengths:
Flaws:
Quick History:
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this):
Favorite Moves: Leaf Blade, Dragon Claw, Aerial Ace, Frenzy Plant, Energy Ball, Leaf Storm

Species
: Poliwrath
Nickname: Splashy
Ability: Damp
Hidden Power Type:
Special Features:
Strengths:
Flaws:
Quick History:
Favorite Moves: Ice Beam, Focus Blast, Hydro Pump, Brick Break, Protect, Blizzard,

Species: Pancham
Nickname: Pax
Ability: Mold Breaker
Held Item (if any):
Hidden Power Type:
Special Features:
Strengths:
Flaws:
Quick History:
Game-Equivalent Level: 74
Range of Moves They Avoid Learning (optional):
Can Swim? (It doesn’t matter if they have Surf. If a Pikachu can swim without Surf, then this is a yes):

Species: Steelix
Nickname: Venetrix
Ability:
Held Item (if any):
Hidden Power Type:
Special Features:
Strengths:
Flaws:
Quick History:
Game-Equivalent Level:
Can Swim? (It doesn’t matter if they have Surf. If a Pikachu can swim without Surf, then this is a yes):

Species: Togekiss
Nickname: Grace
Ability: Serene Grace
Held Item (if any):
Hidden Power Type:
Special Features:
Strengths:
Flaws:
Quick History:
Game-Equivalent Level:

Pokémon Switch-Ins:

Species
: Beedrill
Nickname: Sting
Ability: Swarm
Held Item (if any):
Hidden Power Type:
Special Features:
Strengths:
Flaws:
Quick History:
Game-Equivalent Level:

Species: Hitmonchan
Nickname: Baxter
Ability: Iron Fist
Held Item (if any):
Hidden Power Type:
Special Features:
Strengths:
Flaws:
Quick History:
Game-Equivalent Level:

Extra: Pokemon claimed March 26, 2018 at 10:47 PM
Notes: As for the Key Stone with him and Jet, It has been approved. But I do not plan on using it for this tournament. (In the manga it mentions how the user feels sick and weakened when without their Key stone, so Ry wouldn't be able to fight to the best of his ability is he didn't have it on his person). Also as you will see upon Jet's info is that he doesn't like Mega Evolving and Ry isn't someone to use it if Jet doesn't want to.

I'll have it finished by tomorrow, and I'm going to mentioned his team so people know what Pokemon I'm planning on using.

Fuego (Male Infernape)
Jet (Male Sceptile)
Pax (Male Pancham)
Splashy (Male Poliwrath)
Ventrex (Male Steelix)
Grace (Female Togekiss)

Reserves as
Sting (Male Beedrill)
Baxter (Male Hitmonchan)

As a quick note on the Pokemon I mentioned, I do have two Starter Pokemon (Don't murder me, and let me explain) who do have completely unique personalities and backstories that don't consist of me starting as being a 10 year old at Rowa'ns lab and getting a Treecko from Birch cause I was so kewl.

You'll be accepted when you finish your character sheets. But since you have a mega stone and did get it approved, I'm hoping you don't use it in the battle anyway. Although, cool concept. I know your Pokemon wouldn't want to anyway, but if it gets to that point, refrain from mega evolving XD

I feel like I'm that guy who enters the class after 30 minutes.

Name: Mike Sterkleiki
Birthplace/Hometown: Virbank City, Unova
Appearance
  • Height: 5'01
  • Weight: 98 pounds
  • Hair Color/Length/Style: Mike's hair is short, he often combs it to the right, but his hair grows to the left. His hair is straight and it is dark chocolate.
  • Eye Color: Black
  • Identifying Marks (i.e. tattoos, piercings, freckles, etc.): Mike got a small black Birth Mark below his mouth.
  • Musculature: Mike is really skinny, his chest's bones can be seen when he takes out his shirt.
  • Clothing: Mike wears a red T-Shirt that is followed by an open black leather jacket, he also wears a silver necklace and a golden ring. He also wears a blue loose jeans pants that are followed by a green belt. He uses purple socks and brown leather boots that are clothes by six belts, three on the left side of the boot, and three on the right side of the boot. Mark wears round glasses, but he doesn't really need them, it is just for the style.
Personality: Mike is serious, but his emotions are something that is often shown when he is in a tense combat, he often loses his control and screams the orders instead of just normally saying them. Mike is really kind to his Pokémon, and he changes completely when talking to them. Even being serious, Mike sometimes is silly, but that's only when he is with his friends, he respects people that he doesn't know.
Strengths: Mike is really good at creating quick strategies, and that helps him when he is in a pinch.
Flaws: Mike doesn't pay attention to his surroundings, so that doesn't help him when he is trying to battle without strategies.
Brief History (Include the regions of which they’ve won championships, how many badges/ribbons/Z-Crystals/keys they’ve collected, and their general experience dealing with Pokémon): Mike born in Virbank City, he wasn't really interested in Pokémon when he was a kid, but he started to get interested in it when his brother Jack got a starter Pokémon. When his brother got a Pokémon, he started to study at the nearest Pokémon school, and he then decided to go on his own adventure.

Mike never managed to beat his region's Elite Four because prepared, but, he then moved to Hoenn, where he caught is Swalot, and he then managed to beat Hoenn's Elite Four. He then moved to Johto, and that's where he caught his Fearow and his Primeape, he then defeated Johto's Elite Four. He went back to Unova, but he lost again. He never defeated any champion.
Family: Jack Sterkleiki (Brother), Jin Sterkleiki (Brother), Karla Sterkleiki (Mom), Josh Sterkleiki (Dad).
Love Relationships?: N/A
Main Pokémon Team:

ATTACK
Species: Primeape
Nickname: Primeape
Ability: Anger Point
Strengths: Primeape's strength is his strength!
Flaws: Primeape cannot control his rage, so, when he gets enraged, he tends to thrash everything around.
Quick History: Primeape was found near Mt. Silver, it was roaming around trying to find a place where it could sleep, and it found one, Mike's PokéBall!
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Primeape is always mad, and he tends to show it when he is having direct contact with his trainers or people around him. Mike fears Primeape sometimes.
Range of Moves They Avoid Learning (optional): It prefers a range where it can punch its enemy until it is fainted, so, obviously, he prefers close-ranged moves.

Species: Herdier
Nickname: Herdier
Ability: Sand Rush
Special Features: Herdier's fur is bigger than the usual.
Strengths: Herdier's loyalty is his main characteristic
Flaws: Herdier gets distracted by anything, so that inflicts the way that it battles.
Quick History: Herdier was caught right after Mike got his Oshawott, he was always loyal to Mike, and that turned him into Mike's strongest Pokémon.
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Herdier is friendly, he tries to get attention from Mike's friends and sometimes he even marks his territory on them.
Range of Moves They Avoid Learning (optional): Herdier prefers close-ranged moves.

Species: Dewott
Nickname: Potter (puns)
Ability: Torrent
Held Item (if any): Mystic Water
Hidden Power Type: Fire
Special Features: Potter's shells are shaper than the usual.
Strengths: Potter is smart, it knows how to battle by itself, but it still obeys Mike, following nearly all his orders and strategies.
Flaws: Potter sometimes ignores what Mike says, doing everything by himself, and that makes Mike angry.
Quick History:
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Potter is outgoing, he is always talking to his fellows, and he sometimes attempts to calm Primeape down, but sometimes it doesn't work.
Range of Moves They Avoid Learning (optional): Every range for Potter is good.

DEFENSE

Species: Amoonguss
Nickname: Almighty kisser 47 (Or just AK47)
Ability: Effect Spore
Hidden Power Type: Bug
Strengths: Amoonguss is really fast, even though it jumps around.
Flaws: Amoonguss' balance is really bad because it has no feet.
Quick History: Amoonguss was found in Unova, it was really important on Mike's adventure in Johto, it defeated half of the Pokémon of all the members.
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Amoonguss is quiet, it doesn't talk to his partners, so it is hard to know its personality.
Range of Moves They Avoid Learning (optional): Moves that forces it to get near its enemy are avoided by Amoonguss.

Species: Swalot
Nickname: Almighty Kisser 74 (Or just AK74)
Ability: Sticky Hold
Hidden Power Type: Water
Special Features: Swalot's lips are thicker than the usual.
Strengths: Swalot is really quick when thinking, so it may react faster than his partners.
Flaws: Swalot is really lazy, but this completely fades when it is in battle, but, his laziness sometimes makes him get out of important battles.
Quick History: Swalot was found after Mike went out of Slateport, its laziness made Mike place it in his PC for some months, but he then took it back, and he defeated the Elite Four with him.
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Swalot, as said above, is really lazy. It doesn't talk too much, but, when it does, it doesn't stop.
Game-Equivalent Level: 70
Range of Moves They Avoid Learning (optional): Swalot prefers moves that are in a close range.

Species: Fearow
Nickname: Beak
Ability: Sniper
Special Features: Fearow's wings are bigger than the usual.
Strengths: Fearow is used to speed, so it sometimes circles its enemy and then attacks at high speeds.
Flaws: Fearow's aim is bad, so it misses attacks like peck sometimes.
Quick History: Fearow was found during Mike's aventure in Johto, he was actually hatched, Mike found its egg on the ground, and he decided to take it.
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Fearow is a lone wolf, he prefers to fly around intead of talking to his partners. Fearow always comes back after his daily flight time, but he prefers to go back to the PokéBall.
Range of Moves They Avoid Learning (optional): Medium-ranged moves are the worst for Fearow.

Pokémon Switch-Ins (basically, you have more Pokémon in your arsenal to choose from in between matches. I will only allow 2):
Species: Gligar
Nickname: Giggles
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Hidden Power Type: Poison
Strengths: Gligar is really fast, and he knows how to communicate with Mike properly.
Flaws: Gligar is so silly that sometimes he takes it into the battle, making it lose its concentration and eventually lose.
Quick History: Gligar was caught by Mike after he was attacked by it, he decided to catch it because he thought it'd be a good idea.
Game-Equivalent Level: 65
Range of Moves They Avoid Learning (optional): Gligar likes every range.

Species: Pansear
Nickname: Stuffy
Ability: Gluttony
Strengths: Pansear's confidence is really big, and it doesn't give up until it is completely beaten.
Flaws: Pansear's nose often get stuffy, and it tries to get rid of it every time, and this sometimes happens during the battle.
Quick History: Pansear was given to Mike during his adventure in Unova, Pansear was really young, so Mike decided to train him after he was older, and, now that he is trained, he will use him.
Personality (their personality should be similar to their Nature and Characteristics, but there can be characters that deviate from this): Pansear is confident and happy, he is always trying to socialize with his partners and he likes to go first when battling.
Game-Equivalent Level: 56
Range of Moves They Avoid Learning (optional): Pansear likes every range.

Extra: This was made at March's 27 at exactly 10PM.

I meant range of moves as in a wide selection of moves the Pokemon doesn't like to use or refrain from learning, but you are accepted. You also missed the personality section on your Gligar.

oh XD also, I added a poll for everyone to answer :3 I'm not too sure if I should close it because if someone wants to join and have a spectating character then that would be fine, but all of the RPer spots have been taken.

I was going to do it today, but I'm not exactly home :/ When I get back or sometime tonight, I'll make the beginning post :3 Don't worry XD I haven't forgotten about it. I literally wasn't prepared to have this many people join in all at once. XD Also, as a side note, people who are of the age 18 and up can drink (just a little headcanon of mine for Almia on alcohol consumption XD)

OH MY GOD, ATTY AND GUZMA ARE SO CUTE!!

Sorry, for my gush XD but it had to be said. XD I'm extremely hyped for this, too. XD HOORAY!

Also, G scaring the children XD the kids would be behind their parents all like "mommy, what is that?" XD

That won't deter Jolteon though XD better watch out XD

OH MY GOD, ATTY AND GUZMA ARE SO CUTE!!

Sorry, for my gush XD but it had to be said. XD I'm extremely hyped for this, too. XD HOORAY!

Also, G scaring the children XD the kids would be behind their parents all like "mommy, what is that?" XD

That won't deter Jolteon though XD better watch out XD
Ranger
Madam, your pokemon is scaring the children.
Max
Good, he should be.
Ranger
That doesn't help your case.

Sorry for the kinda boring post, just wanted to get something on before I turn in for the night. Everyone's posts look great so far! Can't wait to see where this RP goes. ^_^