• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
Dragons don't go together with other dragons according to the type dex... (Yeah basically Nurses and him don't mix well like acids and bases...)

*Joel uses Dragon Claw on the Fraxure that could be the Nurse*

Pff. Oh, hey! We hit the second page of the thread! Fun, fun. Well, with that, I do declare...

ROSID THE MEGANIUM IS GONNA BE OUR NURSE

Because, I mean, hey--we already have art for her.

@Grumpyface , is she someone you would like to NPC? I also can take care of it if you don't want to.

Last edited:
Well, I suppose I can finally have a break from having to have a Nurse NPC then... I'm just gonna hope that Joel isn't too rough with her on the first day of school since he's got a bad history with his prior Nurses...

*Joel growls in an incomprehensible manner while clawing at his dino-friendly teddy bear that's scratchproof*

Haha, oh Joel. He's gonna be like a meme in this group xD

Also, small update, I changed my mind on the story progressing by day. Story will progress through little timeskips and stuff in the roleplay, so that everyone can keep up with when things are due. I will have separate thread for submitting work and stuff, but don't worry, everything will run smoother this way.

I'm going to set up the roleplay thread in approximately eight to nine hours!

Hmm... maybe I should make my Joel bingo card to see what kinds of silly things will happen in the time he's in school...

*Joel sleeps in his special bed waiting for the RP to be created*

I figured as much about the first-stage thing, just thought I'd make sure, though. (My plan is slowly coming together... I will make Believe die of embarrassment, then steal the authority over their RP and make it into a standard PokeCharms school RP without a shred of originality that will die within a week...)

Name: Naomi
Species: Absol
Gender/Pronouns: She is Female. She/Her pronouns.
House: Ravencla- I mean Strike!
Personality (Optional): I want to fill this out, but I'm honestly trash with personalities. I think I'm better off displaying it through character interactions. All I can say is that she likes to experiment with clothes.
History (Optional): Naomi was born and raised in Ever Grande City in the Hoenn region. She had a pretty average life there. Until recently, she lived out her whole life in Hoenn. However, when the prospect of a school was brought to the attention of Naomi's parents, the family moved to Hearthome City. While Naomi was less than thrilled about it, she didn't complain and complied with her parents' wishes.
Extra (Optional): N/A. If she wears any pieces of clothing, I'll mention it in a post.

Of course, @Tsu - please keep in mind we're just getting started however, and have not officially opened our roleplay thread yet! Go ahead and get a character in mind; you do not have to post them here yet, but please make sure to post them once we open the roleplay thread. It would be lovely to have you! If you have any questions or need advice I'm here to help.

WE CAN MAKE A NUMBER GENERATOR FOR JOEL. JUST, DON'T GET A 3. HE'LL MAKE THE SCHOOL EXPLODE.

(no pls i cannot handle the sheer level of dapper do not take over my school--besides, capelle will slap you)
Absolutely wonderful to meet this little Strike member! ♥ And is Strike Ravenclaw? Lmao. I really expected it to be the Hufflepuff (since I thought it would be the least liked team, due to Pokeathlons not being all the present in new games. I am so so so happy people are interested though because Pokeathlons are wonderful both in game and ESPECIALLY as roleplay topics. Like, you can do so much with them!? It's LITERALLY THE OLYMPICS.)

PSA I ADDED LOCATIONS ON THE CAMPUS GROUNDDDDDDDDDDDD
Before I make the rules more concise I wanna collapse all of the information so far under Spoiler buttons. We're getting quite a bit here and it's a pain on some people's eyes (and minds oh gosh.) Expect some nifty buttons!

Last edited:
I am immune to Capelle's puny slaps! I shall take over this school!

6bcb3f394d2ce71770b03e7c71082975--gamer-quotes-gamer-humor.jpg

PFFFFFFFFFBTBTBT. //capelle slaps me again for laughing (you can hear choked sobs coming from believe in the distance)

So guys, any suggestions for off-campus locations? OBVIOUSLY we'll have the Super Contest Hall but nowhere out of Hearthome. We can definitely make up spots within Hearthome though! The only exception to the "nothing outside of the city" rule is if we go on field trips. (WHICH WILL HAPPEN.)
haha oops reminder I'm still new to this whole Pokecharm thing
just trying this out

Sawsbucks Coffee. I'm dying of laughter. Bless you.

Other ideas besides restaurants? I'll definitely make sure to include some for ya ♥

I'm not creative with these pokepuns :/

Well, I guess I'll sign up for this. I obviously need to sleep but WHO CARES,

Name: Glare
Species: Unown (shaped like a G)
Gender/Pronouns: Female/Male (GENDERLESS, BOIII)
House: Strike
Personality: Glare is more caucious around other pokemon, but loves to eat Cheri Berries. Mmmm.
'They' reads a lot of magazines, when they're bored. Glare also is more social, and doesn't like to stick to walls. Fin.
History: Glare was born in the Ruins of Alph, and as soon as 'they' figured out how to do everything properly, 'they' left and headed right for Hearthome City, eager. Glare eventually learned about Capelle's school and enrolled immediately.
Extra (Optional): 'They' wears a green scarf and is usually happy, with a face like the Unown that serves as my avatar. Remember that's Glare's a G unown, not a D unown.

For businesses other than restraunts, replace part of them with a pokemon name.
Example: Cherrim (Apple) and Absolmart (Walmart)
Here's one's I made up by myself:
Machamp Woodworking Co. and Swadloon Photography Inc.

Last edited:
Alright, here we go. A good 10 hours of sleep (god, I'm a lazy ass) later and I'm good to go. I hope you like Cliff, he might have a clashing personality with a certain Joel, probably. Definitely.

Name: Clifford, goes by Cliff
Species: Buizel, the Sea Weasel Pokémon
Gender/Pronouns: Male, He/Him pronouns
House: Ignite
Personality (Optional): You know how water adapts to fill up the shape it’s put into? Cliff doesn’t do that despite being a Water-Type. He’s very self-centered and doesn’t take the wishes, or feelings, of others into account at all. His ‘goal’ is to make himself happy, regardless of what that might mean for others. It doesn’t matter if you’ve been friends for a lifetime, he will drop you in seconds if it aids his personal agenda.

That being said, Cliff’s personal agenda is a bit of a mess. Half the time even he doesn’t really know what he wants and the other half he’s dropping ‘goals’ left and right, because he found something more interesting. The one thing he's certain of that he wants is ‘being right’. Cliff cannot admit when he’s wrong and will go to great lengths to talk himself out of his mistakes. He should probably become a corrupt politician someday.

Selfish, self-centered and unreliable, is there any way to get him to do anything for another person? Well, blackmail works if you figure out what secret he’s keeping from the world. Cliff is a closet homosexual and, just like his unwillingness to admit when he’s wrong, will go to great lengths to keep his secret from being spilled.

History (Optional): Cliff used to have an irrational fear of open water, oceans and seas terrified him. Being a Water-Type who feared the biggest Water Pokémon playground in existence warranted him quite the reputation as a scaredy-cat with all the bullying that came with that title. Nowadays, he’s outgrown both the bullying and the fear of open water, but became very cold and self-centered in the process. Believing he couldn’t show weakness to anybody anymore, for fear of being picked on again. Though, he will never admit this.

He’s pretty much become a bully himself at this point, maybe he just needs a hug and someone to make him see things aren’t so black and white? Who knows, maybe at his new school he’ll find someone like that. Just a warning for that ‘someone’, be careful, Cliff is just as much bite as he is bark.

Extra (Optional): Cliff has the habit of blowing bubbles from him mouth and making them pop, very much like bubblegum, but without the gum. Oh, the benefits of being a Water-Type.

Also, for off-campus locations I usually go with Pokemon-Move related stores.
- 'Boomburst' Record shop
- 'Avalanche' Ice cream
- 'The Crafty Shield' Equipment Store
- 'Dazzling Gleam' Hairdresser
- 'Heart Stamp' Post Office
- 'Pay Day' Bank
- 'Shift Gear' Mechanic
- 'Spotlight' Art Gallery

Hopefully those help out a bit. Let me know if you need more, I can probably come up with a few others.

Edit: Took me a while to realize I didn't add the pronouns. Anyway, problem has been corrected.

Last edited:
I suppose I can just tell you before I make my form: I'm joining this bad-boy, 100%! It's been a while since I've seen an RP that's as well thought-out as this one, and I'm thinkin' that joining it will bring my back from the dead! I'm pretty psyched to be a part of this, actually. I've never once seen a school RP that's as creative as this one (tbh not even my own were this insanely creative xD)! As soon as I'm able to, I'll get my form up. Just wanted to warn y'all before I did~. ;)

Oh, and welcome to Charms~! ~\(≧▽≦)/~

Name: Naya
Species: Meowth
Gender/Pronouns: female, she/her pronouns
House: Purity
Personality (Optional): Battle-hating, Showcase-loving, and friendly toward mostly everyone, Naya despises anything that has to do with pain, be it her own or someone else's (especially someone else's). Not being the fastest of them all doesn't mean she's not the most graceful, and she will show off her dance moves whenever she has the chance, but she doesn't use the phrase "show off" under any circumstances.
History (Optional): Naya's Persian and Sawkbusk parents were the most loving and kind Pokemon she has ever known to this day. She grew up with both of them and her younger Deerling brother until her seventeenth birthday, when she moved away. The Persian keeps in touch with each of them to this day. Her mother was a die-hard fan of the arts, teaching Naya all she knows about performing and entertaining. The young woman practices her acts each day, always mentally thanking her mother and Arceus himself for the time they spent together.
Extra (Optional): Atop her head lays a flower crown, made herself of many different-colored flowers. She changes these out once the flowers begin to wilt, switching out a flower for a different one each time. Currently, she's wearing one made of African Tulips, Blanket Flowers, Blue-Passion Flowers, and Etlingeras. Also, her best friend is a Butterfree named Freedom, who I'll be referencing probably a lot in this RP.

If there's anything I should add or change, please let me know, alright?

Name: Snow
Species: Shiny eevee
Gender/pronouns: male. He/him
House: purity
Personality: snow is kind hearted loves just about everyone he knows and he a bit clumsy to when he's trying to show off his moves but most of the time he's scared because other Pokemon pick on him and try to beat him up because he's a shiny.
History:
When Snow was born he happened to be lucky and be the only shiny eevee in the bunch , he wasn't picked on by his family but in school every kid picked on him calling him freak and weirdo and all kinds of mean names to scare the guy.
Extra:
On his left ear it is also chipped in a way and he likes to wear a small bandana around his ear to hide the chipped , he also likes dragon scales a lot so he has a dragon scale with him at all times

Woah, I finally went to sleep and so much happened! And feel free to use Rosid as an NPC yourself, it's your RP after all. ^^

Since quite a few people are joining up maybe you could also add a spoiler with all the bios in, so we dont have to hunt people down?

*an Audino sends over Joel's Database while Joel sighs a bit after yawning a lot*

Well, since I'm waiting... I thought it would be a nice idea for everyone to see it. Just keep in mind that this might be a bit long, so yeah...

Joel (Jangmo-o)
"Possessing a negatively colored body and a slight, youngling appearance, Joel has gradually, but significantly changed throughout the months since an unknown incident. His verbal communications are nothing but tyrannical growls, his aggression is immediately spiked by just an insult and he now possesses the ability to pounce over obstacles and onto other unfortunate Pokémon that dare stand in his way."

Type Effectiveness:
Immune vs: None
Resilient vs: None
Resistant vs: Fire, Water, Grass, Electric
Neutral vs: ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???
Weak vs: ???, ???
Vulnerable vs: ???

Incapitation/Tactical Methods:
Burn: 65%
Poison: 100%
Paralyze: 45%
Sleep: 125%
Freeze: 200%
Infatuation: 0%
Curse: 135%
Confusion: 150%
Taunt: 200%
OHKO: 125%

Threat Level: 12 ███████████
Role: Close quarters combat, Parkour Mate
Strengths: High speed, Resistances vs starter types, Pounce ability, Effective vs stray Pokémon, Lone wolf capabilities
Weaknesses: Overall low resistances, Below average HP, Pounce easily countered and predictable, Easily surrounded, Not effective at long range, Team member incapabilities

Last edited:
Regarding Joel's database I'm somewhat confused, is this part of the roleplay or not? If it is, can I get an explanation of what I'm exactly looking at here? If not, I'd still like an explanation because it looks interesting.

It's not exactly part of the RP, as it's meant to be like a detailed way of saying his other information, such as his main role in combat, along with his main strengths and weaknesses.

The only thing I need to ask is, what explanation(s) do you need about it?

The percentages mainly, threat level. Mostly the scaling of it. Why 200% if 100% is generally considered 'all'. And the threat of 12 out of what, 15, 20?

The percentages are made to scale in effectiveness. (I.e. 200% is 2x more effective, 100% is neutral, and 50% would be 0.5x effective.)

The threat level is out of ten typically in my template (Which goes from green to red), as the purplish area signifies that it's a beyond critical threat.

Shimmering, I think your character does seem suited to Strike, imo. You said they're sociable and all that and teamwork is important there. Though it's really up to you, you still have time to change ^^

I agree with @Grumpyface , especially since Unown are well-known for their teamwork. Given their powers tend to enhance when working along other Unown. But, just like Grumpy said as well, it's up to you. You know your characters better than anyone else after all.

Hmm... now that I think about it, I would like to ask if we have to live with someone in a dorm, or if it could just be our character alone or with an NPC character.

*Joel can be seen sleeping on his bed while drooling on his pillow oddly enough*

Name: Leoron
Species: Rockruff
Gender/Pronouns: Male
House: Strike
Personality (Optional): He works well with people however he has trust issues and spends time alone more than anything
History (Optional):
When he was young and living in alola he was best friends with a litten and salandit but one day things changed and litten and salandit started to bully him saying that they never liked him and began calling him a weakling who had never belonged in there group of friends. Then he could not take it anymore and accepted his fate and began running out of fear until he found out about Chapelle's school and chose to go for a chance at peace
Extra (Optional):
He is an incredible fast sprinter after being chased around in chld hood and has burn marks on his back from the past so he doesn't forget what happened to him when the bullying began.

@Grumpyface that's a lot less fierce and vicious than I've been imagining him. Well done on the artwork though, I like the crayon/chalk-esque linework. I'm no good with art myself, but I know a cool picture when I see one.

I actually find the artwork quite nice and a bit ironic here hehe...

*Joel still sleeps in his bed while a Krynio can be seen trying to tiptoe past everyone in the discussion hoping to not be noticed*

Aw, thanks to both of you. :) It's my first time drawing a Jangmo-o so I probably got a few things wrong there, and I couldn't figure out how to make him look particularly angry. But I like the crayon-brush too! would you believe me if i said the pokémon i draw the most is wimpod

Well, I didn't expect you to make him look like he's drank one too many here haha... he looks pretty nice to me in my opinion.

*the Krynio discreetly takes some cookies from the cookie jar even though he's not supposed to eat so many due to the sugar in it*

*Krynio goes down to the practice range and practices on fighting against the high leveled zeal dummies while he uses some interesting moves, such as Freezing Mist, Icicle Spear and Cryotherapy*

Sooooo... I hear someone's obsessed with Wimpod... well, I'm sure that you'll know what mine is hehe. :3

WOWZA UH MY INTERNET WENT OUT WHEN I WENT TO START THE RP THREAD BUT I AM HERE NOW.

I missed a LOT during that whole ordeal. Welcome to new students! I love all of you. Capelle might also take a special liking to our little Buizel!

I like the idea for moves for stores as well so thank you to everyone who has been helping with that. I also will include a "current students" section with all the bios, never fear! And I'll add Rosid soon enough.

Again, thank you to everyone who has been interested in this roleplay. I'm going to start the thread and when I do I'll come back and edit this message and the original post with the link.

REMEMBER: You need to enroll at Ms. Black's office, therefore posting your bio again over there and roleplaying out that whole interaction with her.

Let's do this!

EDIT: HAVE FUN. GO NUTS https://pokecharms.com/threads/capelles-school-for-higher-education.17500/

Last edited: