• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Demon Slayer AU discussion

For the first enemy theme should it be royal or family

• Royal

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Family

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It depends, are guns (those old guns pirates use to have) available?
No guns xD. They make bladed weapons out of special materials.

And @Red Gallade as well, though there’s a 90% chance he’s making a dude but hey, so’s Mebby. ;3

@_obsequious I’m not sure if Demon Slayer is your cup of tea or if you have time since you’re running two RPs of your own, but welcome back to Charms and I’m tagging you in case you’re interested.
Good point. I guess I’d probably give priority to whoever makes a female xD

Well yeah he would have his blades, guns would just be like something to mess around with. I saw this image that inspired me the other day xD
FB_IMG_1580151463371.jpg

Apparently Genya has some unique demon-consuming abilities that lets him develop a Blood Demort Art from eating the flesh of Upper Moons, while maintaining his humanity. I’m not sure what would happen if any other slayer consumed a high-level demon’s flesh, as that’s a valid way of being exposed and turned (Genya on the other hand stays a person.)

If anyone’s making demons, willingly consuming their flesh to become one can work well for their backstories. (As opposed to the usual demon coming around and transforming them. “Hey, check this out. I just bought some demon flesh off the black market, it’s supposed to give you insane powers and make you immortal, but don’t tell the authorities.” This opens a potential arc for the protagonists to dismantle an illegal ring that trades in demon meat, much like the Mystery Eater circulates human meat.)

Last edited:
He thinks this is One Piece lol
It depends, are guns (those old guns pirates use to have) available?
Aw feels like a pirated version then xD I'll think of something.
That’s a good thing if guns aren’t allowed and you’re basing your character off an old pirate. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Let me guess, his name is Long John Silver and his Kasugai bird is a parrot? Or Long 'Gina Silver, since she’s a girl.

Okay, here she is. Took me a while and there's lots of polishing to do, so help me out.
Name: Himari Akiyama
Personality: Himari is very well educated, respectful and honest. She usually stays quiet, more of a listener than a talker. Being polite is her strong point, being social her weak point, but she really tries. She is also a very patient person and forgiving too, which is sometimes a weakness.
Appearance: Himari has pitch black eyes. She is about 5'5 tall and weights around 120 lbs. She has long straight white hair which goes down to her waist that is usually kept in a long silver ribbon. She wears a Demon slayer uniform with a black haori over it that has white small doves on the sleeves and back.
Marking :
Bird: Dove
Weapon: Kodachi swords. Both have a white handle.
Blade Color: DARK GRAY
Special Ability (optional): See in the dark
Breath Style: Breath of Light
Techniques:
First Form: Illumination of the Lost: The user spins over one foot while stretching her arms and holding her blades out.
Second Form: Blinding Cross: The user holds her blades over her head in an X shape. When close to the enemy, she swings down and forms an X with her slice.
Third Form: Light of the Moon: The user gains speed, jumps, turns her body sideways and spins, cutting everything in front, under, above or behind her, in a perfect circle.
Fourth Form: Speed of Light: The user does multiple stabs at the enemy with both swords, but at a really quick pace, making it look like only two quick stabs.
Fifth Form: The Last Hope: The user swings her left sword from right to left at the height of her face and her right sword from left to right at the height of her waist.
Other: She loves drinking tea and listening to music.
Backstory: Himari was born in a very religious family. She went to an all girl's school, where she spent most of her days and the rest at home helping her mother with her chores. She has an older sister and brother. Her parents were thought to have lost their lives in an accident but was later revealed to have been the doing of a demon. But, Himari didn't see the demon as a bad person, more as someone who lost their path. She decided to become a demon slayer, not to slay, but to save their souls and send them to eternal peace.

I'd point out that demons can be hurt by regular weapons, they just have absolutely no utility because only nichirin weapons can deal lasting wounds. Normal weapons would result in the demon healing nigh instantaneously, and that first assumes that the weapon is even strong enough to pierce the demon's skin.

“Dude, can I bang your sister?”

“She isn’t my sister!”
Well it's a common last name, maybe they're long lost cousins or Kit's dad had a secret family Or Kit's family was the secret family!
Florence Nightingale Syndrome. His parents were Corps medics.

I thought of a new arc based on this by the way. Slayers maintain a low profile, but a tabloid newspaper run by demons is going around exposing them and printing false stories, like Himari being the secret lovechild of Kit’s philandering parents and an opinion piece expanding on that and painting the Corps as fiends who pillage towns and have their way with civilians. This arc could be comedic relief depending on how ridiculous the stories are, or something serious since it involves characters’ loved ones and their reputations. As usual it’s another organized group of demons and not a simple spree killer; that’s how things normally end up with me.

New people coming into this RP feels like a breath of fresh air. Bringing everyone else back into the story was also a great idea since it divides up the work. My double major and course overload is partially responsible for my writing slump and though I’ll briefly be online to read posts, I’m going to be swamped this entire week and won’t be able to post myself. If I do, then that’s a bad sign and I need to get my priorities straight.

his girl lmfao? Laying claim already?

That's a claim that's been marked a looong time ago. Miyaji is going to need to learn how to serenade. Maybe bring a bottle of wine(don't be cheap. Get the good stuff. Costs more ,but is worth it) ,and lots and lots of rosepetals... and some chocolate sauce!

Well it's a common last name, maybe they're long lost cousins or Kit's dad had a secret family Or Kit's family was the secret family!

Secret twin siblings?!

Jacklyn Sparrow, has a small drinking problem.

The drunken six shooter... will she hit her mark? Who knows... that's the whole gun fun part!

Last edited: