• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Fantasy High School

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"To be honest I don't know," Abyss said as he shrugged, "We were hoping one of you guys knew." Violet lightly blushed as it was nice talking to Pisces but she didn't want anyone else to know. "I wasn't here for the first hour either," Zoro told them admittedly, "So I guess we're on our own for now."

Pisces scratched the back of his head. "Ehe. Well, that brings us to a standstill." He siad, and sighed. "You know, come to think of it, Kyle might know." Valerie said, looking around. Pisces pulled out a fast-food bag and shoved the rest of his fries in his mouth.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Who's Kyle?" Abyss asked, not realizing that he was the cringy guy that fell from the roof. Violet giggled when she saw Pisces shove the fries in his mouth, but it was admittedly disgusting and immature, the reasons why she giggled. Zoro was hurt that Picses ate the fries without him, "Come on man, couldn't save any for me?" Oma was oversleeping as they talked but now she was awake and was getting ready.

Well...” Aubrey wheedled at Ari’s question. “I mean. I haven’t been here too long either, but.. in the past week I’vehad a horrendous survival class that was not nearly close to well supervised, attended a dance, saved a kidnapped friend, been kidnapped...” she winced. “...and.. now this. So.. I would just get used to the chaotic feel.” She adviced softly, offering a little smile. And then- “Oh-! Sorry, I never- I’m Aubrey,” she introduced quickly, and then gestured to her friend,
“-And this is Parker.” She hesitated for a minute, looking deep in thought. “Oh. Challenger guy was.. Pisces? He felt broken.. Because he saw..” her voice trailed off, unable to finish the sentence.
Dead body.
She pulled at her sleeve at the thought, wincing again, this time almost silently.

Ari let loose a nervous laugh. "That's...why you were covered in bruises and stuff, right?" she asked. Hoo boy. This wasn't too promising, but at least...they had powers? Abilities? That was the reason they were sent to this school.

The other girl chuckled vaguely.
“Yeah.” She hesitated for a moment, and then added, “But- I wouldn’t worry about that. They’re taking care of it.” She assured. She felt a little surge of gratitude that Ari hadn’t commented on her skin. Usually that was what first came to mind when people looked at Aubrey.
“Love the onesie, by the way.” She added with a little grin, complete with a small chuckle.

Ari remembered that she was still in her PJs. "OH, right! I completely forgot about these," she said, looking down at her 'outfit'. "I probably ought to go change," she remarked, then waved and headed off to her dorm.

“She seems cool.” Aubrey commented simply, tilting her head to look back up at Parker. “So- we know it was Pisces- now we should probably go change, yeah?” She smiled gently, looking down at her clothes. Shorts and an oversized shirt, plus bright yellow socks, probably best she didn’t wear this around. “C’mon,” she offered, gesturing for him to follow, a bit of a hop in her step, proving cheerful, and honestly a little bit cute, that quickly dissipated in the shock of what happened next;
Ah. There you are.
The girl stiffened for a moment, a cold chill shaking her to her core.
What was happening-
Such a shame we didn’t get to meet earlier last night. I must admit, it was quite a shock to see you escape.
Although I did highly enjoy your fear when your friend killed my assistant. That just took you all the way back to him, didn’t it? Wasn’t the first time you’ve seen a dead body through your powers~

“Get out of my head,” she whispered. Panic seized her, clutching her tighter than a vice, and her breathing went irregular. “Stop, stop-..”
Andrew. Blood. Hiding through sleeves. Tears and pain and the funeral and the knife and his corpse.
It was all rushing back to her.

Ari could sense something was off, sort of the same way someone can sense if a person is behind them. She turned around. "Aubrey?" she asked, jogging back to her. "What's...going on?" she asked. The question was directed at both of them, though it was more so at Parker. He was probably the one that would be able to answer.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Abyss was minding his own business when something attacked his mind, Ah, the young boy I corrupted, you have potential, shame you used it to kill my assistant. Abyss told the virus, Get...Out....Now. The presense simply told the boy, Currently I am also attacking your little friend, what was her name, Aubrey? That's it, she's a murderer too, I'd say you'd belong together, but you already like the demon girl even though who would wanna date you? He got even angier when the virus told him this he continued, Face it, your a murderous freak, no one loves you, no one loved you, and no one will love you. He had enough, he ran to his room to try and dispel the evil, Violet and Zoro both knew something was wrong. Aubrey... Abyss thought desperately, There's some mental virus, the kind that corrupted me, is it also attacking you as well?

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker turned to Ari, genuine fear on his face. "I don't know what's happening..." Parker fixed his eyes back on Aubrey and put his hand on her shoulder. "You okay Aubrey? Is there something wrong?" She was shaking and her breath was ragged, it was like she was watching someone get killed.

It’s your fault he died.
Abyss was trying to reach out to her.
Parker’s tentative hand on her shoulder.
Ari we trying to see if she was okay.
A crowd was forming.
If you had got up sooner maybe you could’ve stopped it. You knew it was happening, you devious little mind reader.
“Stop-“
Perhaps you didn’t get up because you wanted him to die?
“I didn’t mean for Andrew to die,” she blurted, pushing herself away from Parker. She didn’t want to be near him. She didn’t want to be near anyone at the moment. The crowd began to whisper. Dull blue eyes clashed against oddly pigmented skin were wide with terror as the crowd pointed. And murmured. And laughed.
The voice was gone, leaving her stuck.
Freak!
Someone in the crowd shouted, triggering more names to be thrown at the girl, who was paralyzed.
She didn’t want to be seen, or looked at.
She just wanted to disappear.
She couldn’t go to her dorm. The girls were in there. Not the gym, not any of the other dorms, not the cafeteria.
But she could go to the field.
Not the back one, but the front. The one with the trapdoor.
So, with that, she got up and fled, shoving her way through the crowd and bursting open the front doors. She could still hear the shouts behind her.
She ran with all she could, finally pressing herself against the old tree, right by the trapdoor she’d gone in the night before.
And there she sat. Not allowing herself to cry, and doing her best not to feel. She simply caught her breath.

Ari turned around at the people that had been watching, her face almost looking animalistic. She absolutely hated when people did that sort of thing, attacking someone that was already upset. "What the heck?!" she said to them. A mild wind began to blow, whipping her messy hair a bit. She closed her eyes and breathed for a second. This sort of anger was what had gotten her expelled from her last school, after all. "She seemed really, really upset. Should we go see what we can do, or do you think it'd be better if we let her be for a while...?"

Pisces looked around, and tossed a sealed bag of fries to Zoro.
Then, he saw Violet. "What?"

Then, Aubery broke. "Oh no," he said, shivering a bit. Valerie nodded. "I think we should go after her. We're her friends." She said, and Pisces made a slow nod. He looked at Violet, and looked back at Valerie.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"I'm more concerned with Abyss, he was fine before he ran off, but yeah we need to help Aubrey too." Violet said as she nodded at Pisces, knowing they were on the same page. Zoro ate the fries and then wondered where his sister was. Oma finally was ready but saw Abyss struggling with something and spied to make sure he was alright.

The two of them nodded. "Okay, let's go." They trekked into the forest.

Valerie turned to Violet and Pisces. "Sooo.... What did? Happen with you?" She asked. Pisces blushed and looked up. "Um. N-nothing." He said. Valerie looked at him and smirked.

Where could those two be!?

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Violet blushed ad well, "Nothing much, what happened with you and Abyss?" She knew that it was a weak retort, but she wanted to shift the attention from her and Picses. She noticed that he was blushing too, which made her turn even redder and look down to avoid eye contact.

Valerie smirked, and Pisces looked away and blushed really hard. "Eeww!" Said Valerie, seeing a huge stain of blood on the ground. Pisces's blush subsided a tiny little bit. "Oh, that's from me. I wiped off a bunch of blood tight there before I went to my dorm after last night's... Incident.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker pushed his way through the crowd going after Aubrey. He lost sight of her in the crowd and ended up getting turned around and stuck in the mass of people. Damnit... I need to go after her, but I have no idea in hell where she could be. I don't know for sure, but I feel the situation is pretty similar and if it is then I can help her.

She didn’t want to go back.
How would she go back? What would she do, just.. act like her little breakdown didn’t happen? No.
I should just go back home. I’m sure if I talked to the Headmaster...
You tragic little thing.
I’m not tragic,
she shot back. Get out of my head.
Its your fault.

Several people in the crowd were continuing to laugh, many of them directing their taunts to Parker and Ari as Parker shoved through the crowd.
“Here comes her boyfriend to save the day!” One crowed, earning plenty of laughter amongst the crowd.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Wait why were you bleeding?" Violet seemed confused, but dismissed it as her blushing lessened as well. Abyss was still fighing for the virus to get out and that's when Oma entered, "Are you okay?' She asked in a I'm-concerned-for-my-friend voice. Abyss slowly nodded as the virus told him, I'll leave for now, but just don't expect safety. The boy immediately felt better once he left and talked to Oma, normally, "Yeah, I just had a headache, wanna go now?" She nodded and then they noticed their friends were gone up and they were prompted to find them.

Ari didn't even look their way, but her powers got the best of her again, and the person that called out that specific insult wound up flying backwards, as did a few people near them.

Among the shouting crowd, a familiar face piped up, squeezing past people towards Parker and Ari. There was a chance that Parker wouldn’t recognize him, but it was the boy they’d spared from a vicious fireball the day of their first meeting.
Timid as ever, he silently pointed in the direction of the door Aubrey had fled through.
“She looked really, really upset.” He murmured quietly. “You should go find her, if you really are her boyfriend like everyone’s saying. Even if you’re not, you two seem close. Hurry. Looks like people are ready to follow her before you.” He advised softly, looking at both Ari and Parker, although obviously most of the sentence was directed to the latter.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"O-Oh, you're... familiar. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I appreciate the help anyway." Parker ran off towards the door shouting behind him, "Maybe we can talk later!" The door led to the field with the large trees and small clearing with the trap door. He looked around for a good time before hearing faltering breathing and her unmistakable legs. Here we go then...

Parker plopped himself down on the opposite side of the tree from Aubrey. He took a deep breath, leaving a moment of silence, and breathed out. "Listen Aubrey, I'm not 100 percent sure that I get what that was all about... But I think I have an idea. If you could just begin with explaining it to me I would appreciate it. Of course, you don't have to if you don't want to."

Pisces then sighed. "Well, I was scarred by that incident." He sighed. Pisces then looked around. He tapped Valerie, and pointed to Parker and Aubery. "There they are!" He said, nodding to his friends. Valerie nodded.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Abyss and Oma were looking for their friends all around campus, until they decided that they were off campus. Violet was the voices next target, telling her, Hello little angel. She froze, a chill was sent down her spine, I don't know why you're here, but please leave. The voice pulled a similar scare tactic to when it talked to Aubrey, I remember the fear you experienced when you were captive, let's relive that. "no..." Violet whispered fearfully as the same feelings filled her mind, with that she started crying. Oma saw Violet crying and tapped Abyss on the shoulder to let him know that she found their friends they were looking for along with finding Aubrey and Parker. Zoro waved to his sister and said somewhat smugly, "Hey sis, so, is there a thing I'm missing?" Abyss and Oma lightly blushed and avoided eye contact after he said that.

Aubrey stiffened against her spot on the tree as he prompted the question.
“I heard a voice,” she started slowly, her eyes on the ground. “It.. its like it was.. targeting me..” she murmured, unsure on how to phrase it.
And then, without warning, she launched into the story. Maybe it was the fact that she’d been bottling it up for so long.
“A-Andrew was a classmate of mine two years ago, when I went to public school. We never spoke, but I knew he was going through a hard time. A really hard time. He wanted to die. One day, he.. he excused himself to the bathroom, and-” she winced, trying to speak past the lump in her throat. “He.. he killed himself. And I.. I read his.. his thoughts... his final thoughts, his regrets, his accomplishments, right before he.. right before he killed himself... I felt everything he did. The pain. I..-I felt the knife.”
The weight on her shoulders lightened, just a bit.
“I-I didn’t know how to live with myself, knowing I could’ve gotten up... said something.. t-tried to talk to him.. I felt like it was my fault..”
Her lip was trembling. The wind had picked up, making her shiver; the fact that it was already cold outside didn’t help, especially considering she was always cold.
Reluctantly, she got up, walking around the tree, sitting herself down beside Parker, although she still hadn’t seen her other friends yet.
**im just gonna stop you right here— self-harm warning. Stop reading here if you can’t handle/don’t like that sort of thing**
“I didn’t know what to do with all the guilt, because I knew I could’ve stopped it. So- so I- I.. It’s really dumb, but- I.. I-“
She slowly rolled her sleeve up, revealing scars on her forearms. Many scars at that, although none looked fresh. The scars she’d inflicted on herself, the scars she’d regretted, the scars she’d been trying so desperately to hide.
**warning over, you can read again :>*
Silent tears fell from blue eyes, and she didn’t bother wiping them away. All she could managed was a quiet, strained “I’m sorry”.

Last edited:
Ari inhaled sharply. She had friends that were borderline suicidal at best, but none that actually went through with it. What do I say, I've never had to deal with this before, I have no idea what I'm doing, she thought panickedly.

Of course you don't. You won't be able to help her, and then she'll take her own life. That's just how the story goes.

Ari's eyes widened. She held back tears as that familiar feeling of uselessness settled over her. The girl didn't know what to say without worsening the situation. "Don't be sorry," she managed to say.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Violet's crying only evolved into sobbing when she heard Aubrey's sad story. She hugged Aubrey and told her, "I'm so sorry you had to experience that, no man, woman, or child should ever experience that." She wiped her tears, but still felt scared, she decided to drag Picses further into the forest to discuss her fear.

"What's going on?" Asked Pisces, being dragged. Valerie looked around. "Chaos!" She yelled, and the voice entered her mind.
What the heak is wrong with you. Do you have ANYTHING I can tamper with?
Nah, not really.
You are a biological mystery. Maybe I'll go after Pisces.
Nah, don't. His mind is really... Really... BOOOORING!
You know, you two are the only ones I haven't had any fun with.
"What's going on?" Pisces asked again, looking at Violet.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
She stopped dragging him into the forest and sighed, "I'm scared, like very scared, you're the only person I trust enough to talk to, if you could comfort me, that would be great." Violet was blushing a little, but she had no idea why, maybe it was something about Picses that made her comfortable around him. Oma heard the voice next, at the same time, her brother heard it, So you two are siblings, not much interesting stuff, just the love interest and the best friend of the boy I corrupted. It seemed that this time, the presence made this more of a group conversation, Oma spoke next, What do you want from us? The voice laughed and told the female demon, I want nothing from your brother, but let me ask you something, do you have feelings for that boy I corrupted? Oma blushed, I haven't decided yet, Abyss seemed nice enough, but I don't know if I think of him as a friend or a love interest. The voice made note of this and left their minds, Abyss listened to Aubrey's story, "I had no idea that happened, I'm sorry that it played you for so long, it wasn't your fault."

Pisces blushed really hard. Then, not really meaning to, he hugged her. "It's okay. I'll always be here for you." He said, his voice a little shaky.
You know.... Your brother actually seems pretty fun. Let's go to him.
Eh. Suit yourself, ya idiot.
Pisces let go, and fell backwards onto the ground. His breathing became stressed and heavy.
Haha. I've seen how you break. Let's make it so there's no recovery.
UGH! What do you want from me! VIOLET! Help! He thought, but it was a futile effort.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Violet felt better but now was concerned with how that Picses wasn't well, "Are you okay?" She started to panic and sat down near him, she hugged him, not knowing what else to do. You've helped me before, let me return the favor. She blushed as she hugged him, thinking what caused this, she cared for him, potentially in more ways than one.

Pisces felt a warm sensation of mental strength hit him like a wave.
You have no control over me.
Hah. You don't know my power.
Shut up.
What-
Leave. Now. Or I'll 86' your face.
Okay, okay! Jeez!
Pisces quickly sat up. "Ugh." And he looked next to him, and saw Violet was hugging him. He hugged back. "Thanks. I think it was you who gave me that strength to pull through."
Umm... That was quick.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Violet nodded and told him, "You're welcome, and I have a gift for you, as a thank you for helping me for helping me." She hoped Picses liked her gift, and was excited to give it to him. Abyss asked the group around him, "Has anyone else heard a voice in their head?"

"Well, I have. But it got bored with me and went to Pisces." Valerie said, and shrugged. "I dunno where he went, though. Violet pulled him off." She said, and gave a small smirk.
"Heh.... What's the gift?" He asked, his face lessening into a light shade of pink. He scratched the back of his head.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Violet smiled and kissed Picses on the cheek, "Consider this a thank you," She sounded happy, and was pleased with herself for having the courage to do so. Abyss wondered, "Where are those two?" Oma had ideas, but she was sure that they were inaccurate.

Pisces's face became tomato red and then it set on fire. He faceplanted straight into the dirt, the fire still going.
Valerie saw the smoke, and said; "I think I know! Cmon!" She said, and found Violet next to Pisces, whose face was on fire on the ground. "Well, what's going on here?" She asked with a sly smile. A high pitched sound came from Pisces, and her smirk became a grin.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Now Abyss, Oma, and Zoro were confused as well, "What happened?" Zoro asked as he saw Picses stick his head in the ground. Violet shrugged even though she was fully aware of what happened, she just didn't want anyone to know yet. Abyss looked at Valerie's smug grin and asked, "Well what made you so happy?"

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"Aubrey, you don't have to apologize. I know you wanted to do something, and it was tough for you. I'm really sorry that you had to go through that. So now, if you don't mind, can I tell you my story?" Parker grabbed one of his hands with the other one and took a deep breath.

"It was about five years ago, pretty close to six now. I had a good friend, his name was Owen and we talked all the time at school. He had powers like we do and he was the only person I didn't have to hid it around. Anyway, one day he decided to come over to my house which wasn't an unusual thing. We did the stuff we normally did when he came over, played outside, played video games, watched t.v. Except, later than night we learned his parents got stuck in traffic due to a car crash on the biggest highway and he was gonna have to stay the night at my house. We were super excited about this..." Parker let out a soft chuckle. "We were ready to stay up and eat candy and beat all of the games on my Gamecube... But my parents made us go to bed early. They laid out a second mattress in my room and let him sleep there." Parker took a pause, and long pause. He looked over at Aubrey, her tears were still there but she was calming down and seemed to be listening intently. "Aubrey do you remember how I can't really c-control my power? And remember how I have fire and poison gas? Well up to this point I only new about fire... The poison gas part was new to me that night. Long story short, Owen died. I killed him. Facing my parents in the morning was agony, and facing his parents was even worse. The kids at school found out eventually like they always do and they called me a murderer. None of them would come near me, they were scared I would kill them... Even the teachers stayed away from me. When we had school gatherings I would be forced to sit in the corner of them room away from anybody else. It got to be too much for me and..." Parker lifted up his sleeve and put his forearm next to Aubrey's. He had easily double the scars she did, maybe even triple. "It looks like that all up and down both of my arms..."