• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like, zoinks, man.
5%?
Like, I bet going 100%...
you wouldn't even be able to make me use 5% of my own power, man.
But, like, try me, man.
271.png

Variant Fox: Where and when did this meme start? Also, how?

Also, speaking of Shaggy, I heard somewhere that there was a petition to put him in Mortal Kombat. No joke.

Also, speaking of Shaggy, I heard somewhere that there was a petition to put him in Mortal Kombat. No joke.
That would be glorious.

As for the origin of the meme, Ultra Instinct Shaggy has been a meme for a while. Back in 2017, someone made an edit of the 2011 film Scooby Doo: Legend of the Phantosaur. I think the context for the scene is that Shaggy got hypnotized, and is totally badass after he hears a snap of fingers. I dunno, never seen it, and I have no plans to.

It's come back because of a different Shaggy meme- On Reddit, people were editing screencaps of interviews with the actor Matthew Lillard, who played Shaggy in the live action movies. One thing led to another, and suddenly Shaggy had become a god. People probably recalled the earlier meme, and started to merge the two. Matthew Lillard even got in on the fun eventually.

tl;dr Older memes and a new one did a fusion dance.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Shaggy will NOT be appearing in MK11.
regardless that MK11 and Scooby Doo are both owned by Warner Bros. the crew of MK11 confirmed that Shaggy will not be in- or EVER be in- Mortal Kombat.
they even said it was a "dead meme".

Shaggy: Like, I use 1% of my power keeping the Universe moving, man.
Shaggy: The other 99% is trying to keep this meme alive.
Me: So you must be near your limit.
Shaggy: Who said my limit was 100?

Well, people voted for Shrek to get into Smash during the Smash Ballot so this doesn't shock me that much. Memes are fine and dandy but when they come at the expense of other good characters getting screwed over (Ex. Banjo or Shantae or Shovel Knight) possibly getting into Smash then I have issues.

comic

Shaggy | Ultra Instinct Shaggy | True Shaggy
Physical Speed: Supersonic | Massively FTL+ | ???
Combat Speed: Massively Hypersonic | Omnipresent | ???
Reaction Speed: Relativistic+ | Immeasurable | ???
Striking Strength: Small Country | Multiverse+ | ???
Lifting Strength: Moon | Multiverse+ | ???
Durability: Small Star | Omniverse+ | ???
Stamina: Infinite
Intelligence: Superhuman | Omniscient | ???

comic

also, it's come to my attention how underpowered the Halo games make Spartans seem.
like- i've been re-reading the Halo books, and lore makes them out to be WAY more powerful than they appear to be.
when John first got his MJOLNIR armor, his reactions were "lightning quick", and when he saluted, it was so strong that he banged his hand on his head, and it stated that if he hadn't undergone augmentations, his hand would have otherwise been "pulverized".
after that, John leaps over three meters (casually, not straining), his thoughts make the suit move, so his reaction speed is almost instantaneous. he was able to dodge live rounds on the obstacle course, and those that did hit pinged off his armor.
he also casually punched concrete barriers, and "shattered" them.
i should also state that- without the suits, just with the augmentations -John would singlehandedly wipe the floor with characters like Solid Snake. The Spartans are just way too fast. after augmentations, the entire world got a lot slower for them just because their reaction speed was that much faster.
Before augmentation, at the end of their training, I'd argue each Spartan would still beat Solid Snake, but with a LOT more difficulty. after augmentations, they became the fastest and strongest human beings in existence in the Halo universe. like- Captain America level.
then, put them in the suits, which enhances them even more, and they're extremely powerful and capable warriors. and on another note, they're extremely skilled tacticians, and were Einstein level in their intelligence even before augmentations.
yeah, needless to say, the games underplay the Spartans quite a bit.
so i'll make a tier comparing them. John, specifically.

Physical Speed: Superhuman
Combat Speed: Superhuman
Reaction Speed: Superhuman
Striking Strength: Street
Lifting Strength: Wall
Durability: Small Building
Stamina: Superhuman
Intelligence: Peak Human
Combat Speed: Subsonic+
Reaction Speed: Supersonic+
Striking Strength: Wall
Lifting Strength: Small Building
Durability: Large Building
Intelligence: Superhuman
not massive differences on this scale, but i just wanted to point out that the games aren't overly accurate to the lore.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
also, it's come to my attention how underpowered the Halo games make Spartans seem.
like- i've been re-reading the Halo books, and lore makes them out to be WAY more powerful than they appear to be.
when John first got his MJOLNIR armor, his reactions were "lightning quick", and when he saluted, it was so strong that he banged his hand on his head, and it stated that if he hadn't undergone augmentations, his hand would have otherwise been "pulverized".
after that, John leaps over three meters (casually, not straining), his thoughts make the suit move, so his reaction speed is almost instantaneous. he was able to dodge live rounds on the obstacle course, and those that did hit pinged off his armor.
he also casually punched concrete barriers, and "shattered" them.
i should also state that- without the suits, just with the augmentations -John would singlehandedly wipe the floor with characters like Solid Snake. The Spartans are just way too fast. after augmentations, the entire world got a lot slower for them just because their reaction speed was that much faster.
Before augmentation, at the end of their training, I'd argue each Spartan would still beat Solid Snake, but with a LOT more difficulty. after augmentations, they became the fastest and strongest human beings in existence in the Halo universe. like- Captain America level.
then, put them in the suits, which enhances them even more, and they're extremely powerful and capable warriors. and on another note, they're extremely skilled tacticians, and were Einstein level in their intelligence even before augmentations.
yeah, needless to say, the games underplay the Spartans quite a bit.
so i'll make a tier comparing them. John, specifically.

Combat Speed: Superhuman
Reaction Speed: Superhuman
Striking Strength: Street
Lifting Strength: Wall
Durability: Small Building
Intelligence: Peak Human
Combat Speed: Subsonic+
Reaction Speed: Supersonic+
Striking Strength: Wall
Lifting Strength: Small Building
Durability: Large Building
Intelligence: Superhuman
not massive differences on this scale, but i just wanted to point out that the games aren't overly accurate to the lore.

...hope you don’t use this as an excuse to wank up chief to god tier like your trying to do with slayer...

comic

...hope you don’t use this as an excuse to wank up chief to god tier like your trying to do with slayer...
dunno how Chief could go "god tier" if his most powerful attack is at Small Building level in lore, but only Wall level in the games.
as for Doomslayer? i've made it pretty clear where his boundaries are. just for good measurements, i'll go ahead and quote Sgt. Johnson, with a little bit of changing pronouns.
He's tough, but he ain't invincible. Stay with the Master Chief. He'll know what to do.

dunno how Chief could go "god tier" if his most powerful attack is at Small Building level in lore, but only Wall level in the games.
as for Doomslayer? i've made it pretty clear where his boundaries are. just for good measurements, i'll go ahead and quote Sgt. Johnson, with a little bit of changing pronouns.
He's tough, but he ain't invincible. Stay with the Master Chief. He'll know what to do.

Just saying it wasn’t so long ago when you said Doomslayer could one shot Thor with Stormbreaker

comic

Just saying it wasn’t so long ago when you said Doomslayer could one shot Thor with Stormbreaker
oh, no, you misunderstood.
Doom Slayer can do that.
Doomslayer? not so much. i mean- maybe with Berserker? but that's already a stretch.
Doom Slayer became an actual God in lore, and was blessed by one of God's angels. Doomslayer hasn't done any of that, yet. he's more in Doomguy's shoes, who's more Master Chief level (though would lose to John), but a bit tougher and faster, as he's been through a lot more than Doomguy.
but if i were to have my Doomslayer and Master Chief engage in an all-out brawl... Chief would win. especially with his tech. but no tech? Doomslayer would win, though not quite that easily.

Uh...I guess the Hunter's in for a surprise next post...

He knew the Chief would be no easy target, especially with all the little buggers outside, but if he could get a few decent blows in...he could overcome the traitorous Chief.

but if i were to have my Doomslayer and Master Chief engage in an all-out brawl... Chief would win. especially with his tech. but no tech? Doomslayer would win, though not quite that easily.
...Yet you said it’s best to leave him or if the battle cruiser fight because he would one shot it - -‘

comic

...Yet you said it’s best to leave him or if the battle cruiser fight because he would one shot it - -‘
with Berserk activated, and using his BFG. BFG would tear through the shields, and create a pretty decent hole in the hull (heh. hole in the hull).
his strength is immense, and John doesn't compare- but John's durability is pretty high up there.
also, i never said one-shot, but he'd do it some extensive damage if allowed the chance.

I think Comic has established by this point he's not here to take everyone's glory, and while he does make a lot of his characters powerful, he never robs anyone of a fair opportunity. The closest he got was the Cruiser battle, and I believe he did that because he assumed Timeman was our target, not the cruiser.

These arguments do nothing. Please. Doomslayer is not a problem anymore, and neither is Master Chief.

I think Comic has established by this point he's not here to take everyone's glory, and while he does make a lot of his characters powerful, he never robs anyone of a fair opportunity. The closest he got was the Cruiser battle, and I believe he did that because he assumed Timeman was our target, not the cruiser.

These arguments do nothing. Please. Doomslayer is not a problem anymore, and neither is Master Chief.

I would most certainly hope not

Only thing you missed, Burble, was what happened to the boss of the robbers in my post. But I decided to post without that, since I have a pretty full post already.
Oops :p Next time. He's minor, really. Disposable criminal boss. No plans for him, unlike the Scythe who was actually supposed to be disposable but nah

Cecil. Essentially a lesser Scorpio. He is weaker, less intelligent, and holds a lesser position. What Scorpio sees in him, I doubt I will ever understand.

Ouch. Cecil gets hit with some brutal honesty :p

There isn't enough for him to respond to at the moment. Hiro and Clockwerk are going at it, but Cut Man is hopping over the edge to rejoin Hunter and Master Chief. So I need a Chief reply for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.