• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Give us that Specter in the sequel, I can bring out Astrid Jin for some interesting comparisons

Suppose it depends how the characters interact with specter.

Think Undyne in undertale. Militantly against the humans, she was only convinced after frisk was pacifistic and never threw a single punch, and even helping her out when she needed help (water)

That type of behavior is what eventually convinced specter (and trust me, it took a LOT of time for him to eventually learn)

It's moreso the contrast. Whereas Specter was a villain that was shown the light by human kindness, Jin - who you can see in the RP right now - was a hero that was shown the darkness by human cruelty.
In main canon, Malos was defeated, but it came at a cost. Jin considered the saving grace of Alrest the Kingdom of Torna, but the battle between Aegises destroyed Torna COMPLETELY. And that was actually more Mythra's fault than Malos'. Sure, Malos was the instigator, but Mythra was the executioner. It doesn't get better from there, as when Lora and Jin go to help a Tornan refugee settlement, they're attacked by the forces of Amalthus and Lora is killed, forcing Jin to take her heart and become a Flesh Eater just to survive and not forget her. From there, he's left wandering alone as he's unable to find anywhere like Torna, until he finally joins up with a similarly-lost-and-alone Malos. That's when he learns that despite Malos being the one who committed all these atrocities, he's not really doing it all of his own will - his destructive nature is all thanks to Amalthus' desires to wipe out the world. So humans are responsible for EVERYTHING that's ever caused Jin pain and suffering.
In Astrid, things aren't much better. Lora's still dead, and Jin becomes essentially a hermit, isolated for months on a small Titan filled with nothing but monsters and only gets sparse contact. He can still see the good, but he's lost just as much - thanks to both Malos and Amalthus. He would definitely be as morally grey of a character as main-game Jin, save for his interactions with the only people able to show him the light.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Suppose it depends how the characters interact with specter.

Think Undyne in undertale. Militantly against the humans, she was only convinced after frisk was pacifistic and never threw a single punch, and even helping her out when she needed help (water)

That type of behavior is what eventually convinced specter (and trust me, it took a LOT of time for him to eventually learn)
actually, in the battle at Undyne's house, she encourages Frisk to punch her with the strongest attack that they can muster.
Frisk deals 1 damage, and Undyne realizes that Frisk truly doesn't want to hurt her.
so technically, there was attacks thrown from both sides.

It's moreso the contrast. Whereas Specter was a villain that was shown the light by human kindness, Jin - who you can see in the RP right now - was a hero that was shown the darkness by human cruelty.
In main canon, Malos was defeated, but it came at a cost. Jin considered the saving grace of Alrest the Kingdom of Torna, but the battle between Aegises destroyed Torna COMPLETELY. And that was actually more Mythra's fault than Malos'. Sure, Malos was the instigator, but Mythra was the executioner. It doesn't get better from there, as when Lora and Jin go to help a Tornan refugee settlement, they're attacked by the forces of Amalthus and Lora is killed, forcing Jin to take her heart and become a Flesh Eater just to survive and not forget her. From there, he's left wandering alone as he's unable to find anywhere like Torna, until he finally joins up with a similarly-lost-and-alone Malos. That's when he learns that despite Malos being the one who committed all these atrocities, he's not really doing it all of his own will - his destructive nature is all thanks to Amalthus' desires to wipe out the world. So humans are responsible for EVERYTHING that's ever caused Jin pain and suffering.
In Astrid, things aren't much better. Lora's still dead, and Jin becomes essentially a hermit, isolated for months on a small Titan filled with nothing but monsters and only gets sparse contact. He can still see the good, but he's lost just as much - thanks to both Malos and Amalthus. He would definitely be as morally grey of a character as main-game Jin, save for his interactions with the only people able to show him the light.

Huh...that could actually be an interesting ‘look in the mirror’ moment for the two of them. That could have potential, depending on how they meets and the specifics. Though I wonder how exactly specter woul ten good if his adopted son is murdered by humanity’s creation XD

actually, in the battle at Undyne's house, she encourages Frisk to punch her with the strongest attack that they can muster.
Frisk deals 1 damage, and Undyne realizes that Frisk truly doesn't want to hurt her.
so technically, there was attacks thrown from both sides.

Well yeah...but as in when Undyne was hostile XD. Splitting hairs there

I was doing some research on J when I came across this....
67E74BB3-84E4-41A3-8406-7E051F635AB7.gif

He’s taking plasma shells before they even touch him without budging. I think he’s gonna be tougher than expected

PLASMA shells? Well shit. I've gotta rank J as the strongest Pipitron then. Possibly stronger than Specter. I highly doubt he needs anyone else - Crack can help Meta and the big guy maybe, but J's fine on his own. Magic's probably the best weapon against him, so I'd recommend sending Hiro against him.

PLASMA shells? Well shit. I've gotta rank J as the strongest Pipitron then. Possibly stronger than Specter. I highly doubt he needs anyone else - Crack can help Meta and the big guy maybe, but J's fine on his own. Magic's probably the best weapon against him, so I'd recommend sending Hiro against him.

Yeah...J is a powerhouse. And apparently he stopped Pipotron G’s all out punch with just the palm of his hand. He seems to have similar strength to G...who is their team muscle...

He’s going to be a handful, which makes sense as he is the leader of their outfit.

And no, Specter is stronger than J. He beat the guy with one decisive hit XD

I mean....I'd argue it's already happened plenty in this RP XD
Ehhh if you think about it. He’s weaker than Clockwerk in defenses, flight, isn’t as smart, doesn’t have the hypnotic eyes, isn’t as large, nor is he immortal. He isn’t as big of a threat as Clockwerk or specter, but most definitely a powerhouse amongst Pipotrons.

Speaking of about to happen...
Through my and Godjacob's upcoming post, it's time to introduce a team already fully used to universe-hopping! It's time for Katsu and Maple to team up, with Hat Kid and Kris coming along for the ride.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Makes sense, which by the way, excellent use of it for both battle purposes as well as a good insight into chief’s psyche ^^
ye.
i just really like the backstory of the Spartan's.
also, it's perfect for a set-up of the coming conflict against the Keymind, who's actually speaking to John IRL in-rp. that's why John froze up while fighting Hunter- because, if you remember Halo 3 and those annoying Gravemind/Fake Cortana messages you'd get, Chief would drastically slow, and according to the marines, his vitals would ping him KIA when Gravemind would contact Chief.
so technically, John died every time the Gravemind contacted him. that-or just temporarily shut him down. the only reason Chief remained standing was because of the MJOLNIR suit's working, and how it responds to his brain functions.
the brain doesn't shut-down when Gravemind speaks to you telepathically, as it would make the communication pointless. so yeah-
Keymind is the reason why Chief will be breaking free of the hypnosis.

Indeed it is. There are workarounds and loopholes, however, such as the Robot Masters not being required to work for criminals like Wily or non-humans like Specter. Plus, working with them is 99% guaranteed to conflict with the First Law :p
A major part of the fourth arc of the Archie Comics, Spiritus ex Machina (one of my favorites) had Mega Man, Quake Woman, Pharoah Man and Elec Man trying to combat the terrorists without actually fighting them due to the First Law. As soon as they started shooting, though, the Robot Masters had all the justification they needed to fight back.

Mhm.
Specter DEFINITELY attacked first.
And while they can't attack humans without being attacked first, they can get preemptive action and non-harming moves done. For example, when Mega Man locked two terrorists in the women's bathroom.
And specter isn’t exactly a human, so I don’t think they are bound by the laws of robotics are they?

Pro Hero Dekiru

Previously Battle Legend G.K.
Okay, one more question (from me).
What would happen is a good-morally-aligned HUMAN definitely not Jet were to say something to mess with then like, "punch yourself in the face"?
This is out of pure curiosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.