• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
...look up Marseille on Google Maps. Specter and Team Hiro are to the southwest. Team Erza and the others are to the north. The Soviet Battle will take place in the east.
Yes I realize that. Except it’s called a soviet battlefield for a reason, and to my knowledge, they have an occupation there, or in the surrounding areas of the soviet battlefield, as it would be be named after them if they didn’t.

Specter simply went to one of the building and do his actions. Nothing is wrong here

Actually, no. It's called the Soviet Battlefield because Soviets and NAC WERE fighting there. Keyword, were. Then Doomslayer killed literally everyone but those two guys Elec Man and Time Man killed in the vicinity.

Well, nothing but stealing what Erza, Star & Midoriya's groups can do XD
? Yet you were complaining they had nothing to do, and when I introduce something you say I’m stealing what you can do.

I am confusion.

Actually, no. It's called the Soviet Battlefield because Soviets and NAC WERE fighting there. Keyword, were. Then Doomslayer killed literally everyone but those two guys Elec Man and Time Man killed in the vicinity.
The I can just edit the post to have the Soviets be Americans taken by the helmets. Simple fix.

...or y'know, not have people die? There's no one but Team Hiro, the Doomslayer, Time Man and Specter in the battlefield right now, and the Soviets are on the other side of the city.

...or y'know, not have people die? There's no one but Team Hiro, the Doomslayer, Time Man and Specter in the battlefield right now, and the Soviets are on the other side of the city.
He didn’t kill them? He only converted them to his side via brainwashing. Specter is technically in the city itself, converting a parimeter and stripping scrap and metal to supply the project.
Eevee was having us do something (After I brought the lack of action to his attention). Our groups were gonna meet up and we were gonna have Michael lead us to go take the city and defeat the Soviets.
And you can still do that, defeating the Soviets. And that would still not have specter interfering really until your done clearing them out, as that would only leave him

Erza: Not as meaningful when someone else is controlling the Soviets, and another group is the one who takes them down. *Glares at Hiro's group*

Hiro: *Shuffles feet nervously*
I don’t really see a problem here. In fact, I see specter as spicing things up and taking the torch of being a goalpost for our people on the surface, right as the soviet problem seemed to be wrapping up

I see it as interfering with the politics of the preexisting world and the moral conflicts of our heroes of "should we really be supporting this group because of their ideologies alone". For example, I know that the moment Michael shows a willingness to take human life, the Nomad is going to flip.

I don’t really see a problem here. In fact, I see specter as spicing things up and taking the torch of being a goalpost for our people on the surface, right as the soviet problem seemed to be wrapping up

The problem is that the Underground people have Z as a final boss to overcome. Hiro's group has the direct fight with Specter while Soviets (Now just mind controlled slaves) are just fodder scraps for Erza & company with no promise of some "boss" among them to fight. They don't do anything since defeating Specter is the real goal, the Soviet fight is inconsequential till he is beaten. It's hardly satisfying.

I see it as interfering with the politics of the preexisting world and the moral conflicts of our heroes of "should we really be supporting this group because of their ideologies alone". For example, I know that the moment Michael shows a willingness to take human life, the Nomad is going to flip.
And that could still happen. I don’t see how he is interfering with that. Just edit the word soviet with American. done and done
The problem is that the Underground people have Z as a final boss to overcome. Hiro's group has the direct fight with Specter while Soviets (Now just mind controlled slaves) are just fodder scraps for Erza & company with no promise of some "boss" among them to fight. They don't do anything since defeating Specter is the real goal, the Soviet fight is inconsequential till he is beaten. It's hardly satisfying.
Well what was left of the Soviets? Weren’t they just fodder running away from one man, doomslayer and basically all but defeated? I fail to see their importance unless there was something else planned for them. And if it’s that big a deal, I can change the Soviets in my post to Americans and get similar outcomes.

Well what was left of the Soviets? Weren’t they just fodder running away from one man, doomslayer and basically all but defeated? I fail to see their importance unless there was something else planned for them. And if it’s that big a deal, I can change the Soviets in my post to Americans and get similar outcomes.

It's just the shift from "Midoriya, Erza, & Star lead their groups to battle to take back the city from the Soviets" has less ring to it then "Midoriya, Erza & Star lead their groups to clear mind controlled slaves while Hiro's group defeats Specter to take back the city."

And reinforcements are coming and I'd hope Eevee had some secret Soviet project or boss or something here for them to fight.

It's just the shift from "Midoriya, Erza, & Star lead their groups to battle to take back the city from the Soviets" has less ring to it then "Midoriya, Erza & Star lead their groups to clear mind controlled slaves while Hiro's group defeats Specter to take back the city."

And reinforcements are coming and I'd hope Eevee had some secret Soviet project or boss or something here for them to fight.
This scenario would be exactly the same if specter didn’t interfere. You’d just be fighting fodder, I still fail to see how specter’s appearance is negatively affecting anything here

...TEN PAGES AND MORE. That is how long I have been saying THERE ARE REINFORCEMENTS THAT HAVE BEEN ON THE WAY SINCE DOOMSLAYER'S RAMPAGE.

Okay Eevee no need to get upset. Shen just did what he felt was best to get the plot going. He meant no offense and I'm sure he missed that.

This scenario would be exactly the same if specter didn’t interfere. You’d just be fighting fodder, I still fail to see how specter’s appearance is negatively affecting anything here

Not if Eevee introduced who led the Soviets here. Really this change just makes Hiro's group the only one to actually beat the bad guy above ground with the others doing partial clean up.

It's pretty simple. Specter's interference takes interesting, personalized villains and makes them boring. He robs the worth in taking them down when our heroes can just target Specter. With the Soviets, taking out the commander isn't enough - you have to force a retreat or take every one of them down. Keep Specter contained to his side of the city. We already have a MASSIVE upcoming battle for the above-ground team, and Specter's involvement would only weaken it immensely.

It's pretty simple. Specter's interference takes interesting, personalized villains and makes them boring. He robs the worth in taking them down when our heroes can just target Specter. With the Soviets, taking out the commander isn't enough - you have to force a retreat or take every one of them down. Keep Specter contained to his side of the city. We already have a MASSIVE upcoming battle for the above-ground team, and Specter's involvement would only weaken it immensely.
As I was talking about, the Americans in the vicinity. I never said specter was all over the city at once. He has always been in one location. But he’s slowly converting structures in the area

...what Americans? Any that were alive and able to move packed up their shit and left to gather with the others. It's called a strategic retreat. Plus, Specter already has his monkeys. He has no need for more ground soldiers for Team Hiro to fight. If he needs more troops, give him Time Man or Doomslayer.

...what Americans? Any that were alive and able to move packed up their shit and left to gather with the others. It's called a strategic retreat. Plus, Specter already has his monkeys. He has no need for more ground soldiers for Team Hiro to fight. If he needs more troops, give him Time Man or Doomslayer.
Basically like the grunt workforce. A steady recruiting method, basically striking in that human enslavement idea. Also, Americans for the most part would be gone, but Timeman just killed a couple earlier and I didn’t heard anything bad about that. Doesn’t mean a few stragglers can’t exist.

Those two aren’t out of the question

Well, Specter needs something to do as an evil plan that doesn't compromise the Michael/Soviet plot. Wish I could help but, last class. Be back to work on reply ASAP.

Tbh you should have saved Specter until later. His appearance now just makes things hella more complicated where we could have had Team Hiro's objective be to restore Cut Man and take down Doomslayer. It's why I'm saving several of my characters for the next jump.
Also tbh Team Nathan doesn't have much to do just yet, but Z's soon going to be moving the Labyzinth. They can probs explore and build character relationships for the meantime. The main plot for the underground teams right now is happening in Z's Laboratory.

Speaking of, waiting for @Cloudswift before I post.

Tbh you should have saved Specter until later. His appearance now just makes things hella more complicated where we could have had Team Hiro's objective be to restore Cut Man and take down Doomslayer. It's why I'm saving several of my characters for the next jump.
Also tbh Team Nathan doesn't have much to do just yet, but Z's soon going to be moving the Labyzinth. They can probs explore and build character relationships for the meantime. The main plot for the underground teams right now is happening in Z's Laboratory.

Speaking of, waiting for @Cloudswift before I post.
It gives Hiro’s team, Timeman, doomslayer, and anyone else something to do, so I’d call it a success. Especially since it isn’t trampeling on anything, as for now it’s isolated.

For there to not be American troops due to Michael being involved with them via the NAC...? I dunno, Specter can work, but he should have been saved for later in my eyes. Now we have to get Team Hiro to incapacitate Doomslayer, fix Cut Man AND deal with Specter all before the next jump, which is happening pretty soon for the underground team and after the Soviet battle for the above-ground team.

For there to not be American troops due to Michael being involved with them via the NAC...? I dunno, Specter can work, but he should have been saved for later in my eyes. Now we have to get Team Hiro to incapacitate Doomslayer, fix Cut Man AND deal with Specter all before the next jump, which is happening pretty soon for the underground team and after the Soviet battle for the above-ground team.
If it isn’t solved by then, we could easily have either specter dimension travel using his ship gate and bring the boarders along for the next jump. Unless your talking about a time skip, which I have a scenario for that too

No, I mean jumping between worlds. Pretty much everyone but Team Stark is headed to the world of HeroSquad at the moment, where they'll join up with King Sonic and Team Lora (Lora, Jin, Lucina and Robin). Unless someone wants their team to go to Camelot as well? Team McAllen has to go to HeroSquad and later unite with Team Stark and Team Hiro at Fenrir Far East Branch.

No, I mean jumping between worlds. Pretty much everyone but Team Stark is headed to the world of HeroSquad at the moment, where they'll join up with King Sonic and Team Lora (Lora, Jin, Lucina and Robin). Unless someone wants their team to go to Camelot as well? Team McAllen has to go to HeroSquad and later unite with Team Stark and Team Hiro at Fenrir Far East Branch.
That’s basically what I just said. He can dimension travel with his gate

I think the problem is less of how Specter plans to move and more of what Specter did.
Specter came in and derailed a lot of things. You can't just do something like that. You have to ask. I was a little iffy to him at first, but no one else seem to mind so I said "Whatever" and let it go. Of course, now Specter's presence is actually derailing things actively, while these things are going on-
A) Z's plan executes, Yang is going berserk, Snake prepares to foil it
B) Team Hiro confronts the Doomslayer, and are joined by Cut and Elec Man
C) A huge battle is on the verge of happening
D) Black Lion plans on taking down the villains
E) The final charge upon the Labyzinth
And now Specter is thrown on that, possessing folks and doing a bunch of random things, and apparently can hop through dimensions at will. This is going to mess up quite a bit. If it was just his apes being deployed on the ground, I'd think it'd work a little better, since, y'know, it's a third army atop the others (And Snake can probably deal with them, he's done it before) but now he's just hijacking the plot.
I get why you want him, you want a big card carrying villain. A big boss to control. I get that because Eevee has one, Lettuce has one, I'm planning one (Big bad general of darkness duder). But the difference is that we don't just drop them without asking. And honestly it seems Specter could cause some honest damage to the long running RP. An RP isn't entirely premeditated- just like DnD, the GM or DM has an outline of some sort that he can bend from to get an end goal. But we generally need some idea of what's going to happen, especially if you just drop it on us like this.

To close things off, I think Specter can work, but he needs his own place in the RP and now is certainly not the time. I'm not sure what's happening in Camelot, but I already had a bit of something for the RP to follow once the groups land in Goldenwalk City (Aka HeroSquad) or in the general vicinity. Specter showing up in a place like HeroSquad naturally derails things, because in all honesty I wasn't planning out any huge battles. There's not a card carrying villain there. It's much more personal- trying to find some important people who disappeared while also trying to make sure the city doesn't go up in flames, since, y'know, a dozen or so people from alternate dimensions are showing up.

I don't particularly think this against you Shen. Just like I told Eevee, your a good RPer and a good writer. And I can appreciate that. It just doesn't seem like you thought this situation out very well. I'm not sure what should be done with Specter- he certainly doesn't need to be pulled from the RP, but perhaps you could ratify your latest post to not have him taking over immediately. After all, I doubt the drones could stand up to a few plasma blasts from the Soviets. Encourages Specter to attack from the ground.

One final thing, I know HeroSquad is something that isn't immediately familiar considering I've released zero anything on them. Honestly I didn't even ask, just mentioned something from it, and Eevee just said it was a good idea and I went with it. I'll plop down a big lore dump so everyone can be caught up- especially concerning the location and time.

That sounds pretty good. I've also got a brief outline of how stuff will go down in Camelot, I've just had to add Lance and Sans to my initial plan which doesn't really change that much. Basically, several people are getting upgrades in Camelot, and Z begins Phase 4 of his plan. The teams there also get to head to Egypt so Sonic can get Shahra before we send them to meet up with Team Hiro and Team Nathan in Fenrir Far East Branch.

I think the problem is less of how Specter plans to move and more of what Specter did.
Specter came in and derailed a lot of things. You can't just do something like that. You have to ask. I was a little iffy to him at first, but no one else seem to mind so I said "Whatever" and let it go. Of course, now Specter's presence is actually derailing things actively, while these things are going on-
A) Z's plan executes, Yang is going berserk, Snake prepares to foil it
B) Team Hiro confronts the Doomslayer, and are joined by Cut and Elec Man
C) A huge battle is on the verge of happening
D) Black Lion plans on taking down the villains
E) The final charge upon the Labyzinth
And now Specter is thrown on that, possessing folks and doing a bunch of random things, and apparently can hop through dimensions at will. This is going to mess up quite a bit. If it was just his apes being deployed on the ground, I'd think it'd work a little better, since, y'know, it's a third army atop the others (And Snake can probably deal with them, he's done it before) but now he's just hijacking the plot.
I get why you want him, you want a big card carrying villain. A big boss to control. I get that because Eevee has one, Lettuce has one, I'm planning one (Big bad general of darkness duder). But the difference is that we don't just drop them without asking. And honestly it seems Specter could cause some honest damage to the long running RP. An RP isn't entirely premeditated- just like DnD, the GM or DM has an outline of some sort that he can bend from to get an end goal. But we generally need some idea of what's going to happen, especially if you just drop it on us like this.

To close things off, I think Specter can work, but he needs his own place in the RP and now is certainly not the time. I'm not sure what's happening in Camelot, but I already had a bit of something for the RP to follow once the groups land in Goldenwalk City (Aka HeroSquad) or in the general vicinity. Specter showing up in a place like HeroSquad naturally derails things, because in all honesty I wasn't planning out any huge battles. There's not a card carrying villain there. It's much more personal- trying to find some important people who disappeared while also trying to make sure the city doesn't go up in flames, since, y'know, a dozen or so people from alternate dimensions are showing up.

I don't particularly think this against you Shen. Just like I told Eevee, your a good RPer and a good writer. And I can appreciate that. It just doesn't seem like you thought this situation out very well. I'm not sure what should be done with Specter- he certainly doesn't need to be pulled from the RP, but perhaps you could ratify your latest post to not have him taking over immediately. After all, I doubt the drones could stand up to a few plasma blasts from the Soviets. Encourages Specter to attack from the ground.

One final thing, I know HeroSquad is something that isn't immediately familiar considering I've released zero anything on them. Honestly I didn't even ask, just mentioned something from it, and Eevee just said it was a good idea and I went with it. I'll plop down a big lore dump so everyone can be caught up- especially concerning the location and time.

I actually did ask permission from TheChildOfTheLettuceField, and he said it was okay to do so. Also, I’ve been asking if there was a problem and if there was how could I fix it and I’ve been getting now responses except the same reused complaints that didn’t apply. I’m not sure what’s wrong with brainwashing the civilians and that platoon of Americans? It isn’t messing with any plot, and eevee, godjacob and I already worked with that

I appreciate the compliment, and I know specter won’t take over instantly, hence why he stopped expanding except a few buildings equivalents to a few dozen blocks plus his airship. I thought this out, as many people complaining there wasn’t much to do on the battlefield and that the labyrinth was hogging all the plot, so I thought I’d put Specter here as to get something going, and to get those folks that were left out of the fun back in, you know?

He isn’t stealing people from all over the city, just around the small dozen blocks I was talking about. As eevee said, this city is VERY expansive, Specter isn’t interfering with anyone on the other side of the city, they probably couldn’t even see his ship. He hasn’t done his expansion yet, so far he’s only made a foothold. He’s basically planting the seeds, as I tried to respect eevee’s plot if he had anything going on the surface and basically dip my toes into the water as far as bringing him to the fold

Status
Not open for further replies.