• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Gym Academy

Jemma saw the window, and took it. "Dragi, finish it please. Use Dragon Rage." She said. The Pokemon's mouth let out the familiar blue flames. This was it.

"ok shinx use flash"shinx body starts to glow white creating a bright light making elekid blind"ok now use tackle shinx charge at elekid hitting him making elekid passed out"good job shinx"Tyrese got out a pokeball and throws it at elekid,the ball wiggles three times"there we go"Tyrese successfully catch elekid"hmm what i wonder what kind of nature elekid have"

Twiggy couldn't dodge it, but he could use it. "Seed bomb!" As the flames hit twiggy, seeds flew through them, at the dragonair. Twiggy had fainted, as everyone could clearly tell. Windigo's pokeball would be operational in a few seconds, all he needed was the reaction of the seed bomb, and the announcer.

Neither Jemma or the Dragonair had seen the Seed Bombs, so they were clearly shocked when Dragi was sent back flying. "Dragi!" Jemma said in a scared voice. She saw that the Dragon-type could get up but was clearly damaged.

The announcer proclaimed that turtwig was unable to battle. Jerek realized that nuzleaf's pokeball had finally become operational again, and sent out Windigo. It was up to him to take out this dragonair. "Okay, Windigo, this is your first trainer battle. Give it everything!" Windigo replied with a nod. "Now, start us off with an easy fake out." This move would not deal much damage, but if it hit, dragonair would be unable to counterattack.

The Dragonair stayed exactly where it was. It was far too damaged and tired to move. Jemma stared with a look of defeat. "Dragi can't take much more." She whispered to herself, taking out two PokeBalls, one was Dragi's, and the other was Chompy, her Gible's, Pokeball.

Jerek noticed Dragonair's weakness, and decided to capitalize on it. "Power up punch!" Nuzleaf launched itself at the Dragonair. "Now leap off the rocks" Nuzleaf hurtled at the target.
OOC: I found a foe for vulcan! Andrew, get ready! And, if you don't respond by the time this battle is over, and neither does vulcan, I will just scrap the battle.

Last edited:
(OOC: sounds good. I have classes though, so don't expect to be the most active.)

As Vulcan watched the raging battle continue, he grew more and more anticipated for his battle.

I've fought in the wild, but never with a trainer! What's it like?

Both trainers fought with great strength, their partners dodging attacks and returning the blow twice as hard. Vulcan couldn't imagine what the rush would be like. He couldn't wait.

(OOC: Sorry, I had a family activity.)

That was Dragonair last stand. After the attack hit, the Dragon-type fell down, defeated. Jemma returned Dragi back to the Pokeball. "You did great, buddy." She whispered before sending out her next Pokemon. "Chompy, do your best." She told her Pokemon, a Gible.

Of course she has a Gible. Jerek needed to act fast in order to fight a Gible in rocky terrain. "Okay, Windigo, bullet seed!" The rapid fire seeds launched at Gible, hurtling at a fast rate.

"Gible, Protect." The green shield appeared around the small Dragon, deflecting all the bullet seeds. "Now, Dig." Gible then went underground, waiting for an opportunity to strike.

Tyrese gets out his pokedex to look at what nature elekid has"hmm a hasty nature...so it has increased speed"Tyrese keeps walking with shinx by his side"shinx maybe we should teach you an electric type move and get rid of that leer, you are a electric type after"Shinx nods in agreement"ok just let me figure what electric type move"

"Okay Windigo, let's hop onto the rocks and go aerial!" Windigo leapt off the rocks. "Now, bullet seed at the ground. Ground it tunneled under should crack to the seeds! We will track it!"

Name: Diana
Type: Normal (for now)
Personality: Tactical, Driven, Introverted
Appearance: Long black hair, white skin, emerald green eyes, wears glasses
Trainer Card: http://pokecharms.com/data/attachment-files/2016/07/334554_trainercard-Diana.png

(Diana is a failed psychic from Saffron city who came from a prestigious family, but was thrown out due to her lack of psychic ability.)

BIC: Diana having arrived at the school late due to financial troubles, paused on her way to the dorm room to watch the battle. She calmly pushed her glasses up her noses as she carefully analyzed both trainers attack styles and move choices, filing the information in her head for later. The Eevee at her sad sitting still waiting faithfully for her trainer to continue moving on. Diana held herself with pride although her appearance spoke to the contrary. The girl had clearly been through some rough times as her clothing showed signs of wear and despite her best attempts to conceal it. She was very lean and looked at tad underfed, but her emerald green eyes burned with a fierce determination and will. She was determined to prove her own worth not only to her family and everyone back home but to herself and the world as a whole. What she lacked for in psychic ability, would be made up by her fierce intellect and strategical skills. As if the universe itself was in direct challenge to her dreams, at that moment a screw came out of her glasses and the left side slid out causing them to fall off her face. She growled to herself before reaching down to grab the offending object.

OOC: brand new to the site hope I followed the rules well enough

Name: Diana
Type: Normal (for now)
Personality: Tactical, Driven, Introverted
Appearance: Long black hair, white skin, emerald green eyes, wears glasses
Trainer Card: http://pokecharms.com/data/attachment-files/2016/07/334554_trainercard-Diana.png

(Diana is a failed psychic from Saffron city who came from a prestigious family, but was thrown out due to her lack of psychic ability.)

BIC: Diana having arrived at the school late due to financial troubles, paused on her way to the dorm room to watch the battle. She calmly pushed her glasses up her noses as she carefully analyzed both trainers attack styles and move choices, filing the information in her head for later. The Eevee at her sad sitting still waiting faithfully for her trainer to continue moving on. Diana held herself with pride although her appearance spoke to the contrary. The girl had clearly been through some rough times as her clothing showed signs of wear and despite her best attempts to conceal it. She was very lean and looked at tad underfed, but her emerald green eyes burned with a fierce determination and will. She was determined to prove her own worth not only to her family and everyone back home but to herself and the world as a whole. What she lacked for in psychic ability, would be made up by her fierce intellect and strategical skills. As if the universe itself was in direct challenge to her dreams, at that moment a screw came out of her glasses and the left side slid out causing them to fall off her face. She growled to herself before reaching down to grab the offending object.

OOC: brand new to the site hope I followed the rules well enough
OOC: Nice Post. Want to battle Vulcan, if he is available?

"Wow a hasty nature,that will be quite helpful"Tyrese continues training shinx battling every pokemon they see"ok shinx i think that's enough for today"Tyrese walks back to the entrance of gym academy with his Shinx by his side "man I'm tired" Tyrese arrives to the entrance of the gym academy and walks all the way to his dorm.

Name: Delta Carvine
Type: Fire
Personality: Friendly, ridiculously clever for his age, sensitive, slightly unstable mentally due to maturity.
Appearance: medium baby blue hair, black jeans and a orange hoodie. Black worn down sneakers and a black metal belt.
Trainer Card:
335018_trainercard-DeltaCarvine.png

Delta grinned as he entered the academy. After using the family jet to get here from Johto he felt like training his Pokemon. He immediately walked to the reception and collected his dorm key. He smiled and ran through the Acadamy to find his dorm. He tripped on somebody's foot and fell on the floor. He cursed and stood up." Sorry about that i was to hasty. I'm Delta. Nice to meet ya." He grinned and looked at tyrese.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyrese looks at Delta"um it's ok my names Tyrese and this is my buddy shinx standing right next to me"shinx smiles at delta"well i'll be heading of im pretty tired from training all day"Tyrese walks over to his dorm and opens the door yawning"man im going to have to train elekid tomorrow what a pain"

Diana fumbled around for a moment before laying a hand on her glasses once again cursing the offending object quietly before she placed the screw back into place. Satisfied with her work after a quick inspection she quickly placed the glasses back on her face and resumed watching the Pokemon battle intently. She spared a few side glances from the corner of her eye at the two boys who just walked in taking in minute details about their appearance and mannerisms, again filing them away in her brain for later. She looked down at the Eevee she had out. We may have to fight any one of these boys soon Eevee, be prepared. The Eevee just looked at her and nodded taking a cute but determined stance.

After a good chunk of time training up in the mountain Samantha arrived back at the dorm Flaps on her shoulders and Flumpf on her head. However there was a new Pokemon in tow, walking along behind her was a small Numel. she made the most effort possible to make it noticeable without actually saying anything about it.

335194_trainercard-Samantha.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Diana noticed the other girl and her ground pokemon. It seemed someone had even thicker glasses than her own and the girls flamboyant nature was surely partially an act to get people to underestimate her. She knew first hand how devious girls could be and expected this one to be one of her tougher challenges ahead.

Vulcan shuddered as he sensed a psychic energy come into his range. It was a very minuscule amount, maybe a Slowpoke. As it drew closer, however, it was obvious what it was. Vulcan looked to the side and saw a girl, a bit shorter than himself. The energy radiation from here was small, almost unnoticeable to someone that hadn't been around psychics all their life. A small Eevee rested next to her. The scoreboard flashed again, and almost on que, the picture of the girl showed up next to his. "Welcome, friend. It is a pleasure to meet you, and be your first challenge here."

OOC: Can we give me the win on my battle, sin I Like Games has not responded in a while, so Vulcan can fight Diana, plz?
Jerek watched as Vulcan and Diana prepared for their match, they would be next, and a new matchup behind them was being announced now. It would Delta and Tyrese. Then, Jerek and Samantha.

Diana turned to look at the boy. She didn't even have the psychic ability to lift a paper clip but, she had a good sense of power and ability from growing up in the family she was from. She scrutinized Vulcan for a moment. The boy was indeed quite powerful. Not the strongest she had ever encountered, but he had great potential. However he still lacked training as she could see his aura occasionally flare wildly. She narrowed her eyes quickly suppressing the tide of strong emotions that swelled when she saw a psychic. She took a deep breath and calmed herself before striding on to the field. She took one of the balls off her belt and threw it into the field. Another Eevee stood there this one with a lighter coloration to its fur.

Vulcan walked up to the field, waiting for the announcer. The speakers roared suddenly," This will be a 1v1 battle. Start in three.. Two..."

Vulcan sent out his Munna first. "First up, Hypnosis!"Vulcan commanded. The small creature had its eyes glow pale blue, then small waves came out and shot at the small Pokemon.

Last edited:
OOC: rolled for the hypnosis 60% accuracy was a miss

BIC: Diana watched the waves advance timing as precisely as she could. "Eevee dodge to the side and use sand attack." Eevee agilely leaps to the side of the wave and charges toward Munna stopping short with a skid and kicking sand into Munnas eyes.

Last edited:
The Munna took the attack relatively well, having had a small recovery period. "Now, counter with our deadliest move... " Vulcan commanded as the small creature seemed to loom over everything, psychic energy building up. The air seemed to bend and distort around it. "Use... Attract!"
The facade dropped as a compressed heart shaped blast shot at the Eevee.

OOC: Tepig will back me up on this one as I told him male before he asked you to post.

BIC: The heart hit the Eevee dead on and it stopped for a second, sneezed some red heart dust and looked annoyed at the Munna. "Eevee, take advantage of his failed gamble shadow ball now."

The Eevee braced himself and opened his mouth firing a ball of black ghost energy at the Munna.

"Munna... Return. I forfeit." Vulcan said as the ball of energy died down and the Munna went to its ball. "You have such great potential and I can't ruin this for you. I signed up for this, and now I realize I can't take this responsibility. Catch." A small black case flew at her, cluttering on the floor as it popped open, revealing three small stones. One blue, one red, one yellow. Once the girl and everyone else looked at them, Vulcan vanished back into thin air.

(Ooc: I have crap going on, and I am really busy. Sorry I left this early. Do well!)

OOC: no worries sorry your so busy. I am perfectly cool ooc now ic the reaction will be different. I am sorry we couldn't finish our battle.

BIC: Diana stood their and blinked at the unexpected reaction and then the fury hit. ""Ruin it for me! Get back here and finish the damn fight you arrogant psychic bastard!" Once again she's he was being patronized by a psychic who thought they were better than her and everyone else. Memories of her childhood flooded back on her and with a growl she kicked the case away in an uncharacteristic display of raw emotion. "I don't need your help. Keep your damn stones!"

She stood their fuming and catching her breath as the Eevee following its maters mood bared its hackles and hissed at the air.

OOC: Bye Vulcan, you were a great help. We will miss you!
BIC: Now three gymleaders in training had 1 score to their names: Samantha, Jerek, and Diana. Jerek was ready for the first of the two rematches: Tyrese vs Delta. Well, not a rematch for both. It was Tyrese's second match, and Delta's first. Jerek decided to look at the stones. They were of three colors, probably elemental stones. He could not use them, but she could. I guess she preferred eevees. Well, not his choice. They would probably let an eeveelution gym through as a gimic gym, but a mono-normal team was a lot safer for approval.

Tyrese closes his door and walks outside"looks like i'm not getting any sleep"Tyrese walks over to Jerek"yo anything interesting happened"Tyrese smiles at Jerek"man going to have to fight again what a lucky day im having"

Diana stood stone still for a moment and cursed herself for losing her emotional cool so badly and in public no less. The entire crowd must think she is crazy. She took one final deep breath and reached up a hand to straighten her glasses before calmly striding off the field. Both Eevees trotted along behind her.

Jerek replied to Tyrese, "Just do what you do. Remember, they pick type neutral fields as best as they can, so think of what field it could be. The fields would be similiar to the surrounding biomes, so you will probably get a grass field, regular field, or ice field, since rocky and water have been used. Just do your best!"