• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Journey through Johto!

As they entered the Pokémon Center, Victoria noticed the bug catcher she saw in Route 29 walk out of the Center. She didn't say anything and just noted his presence. "Indeed, the Centers in each region have their own styles," she said to Jake.

She then went up to the counter and placed Bulbasaur and her Pokéballs on it. "Hello, Nurse Joy. Could you heal my Pokémon?" She asked.

"Of course," Nurse Joy replied and proceeded to put the Pokéballs on a tray.

"Thank you," Victoria said with a smile, "By the way, has a package arrived?"

"Why, yes, one did arrive earlier today," the nurse said. She got out a small package and read who it's addressed to. "What is your name, dear?" She then asked.

"Victoria Melis," Victoria answered

"Then this belongs to you," Nurse Joy said before handing the package to Victoria.

"Thank you very much," Victoria said after obtaining the small package. She opened it, and inside was a custom badge case. The lid was made out of see through crystal with the gym symbol engraved on it, and the bottom half was made out of silver. The inside of the case could be seen thanks to the see through crystal, which has a bit of cushioning for the badges. "Wow! It's more amazing in person!" Victoria exclaimed, already loving her new badge case.

(OOC: I am changing up my voice in writing after a bit of a hiatus. Hopefully this improves the quality.)

BIC: Sean looked at the little Eevee, who was now softly perched atop her trainer's head. He could tell this Eevee was well taken care of, the brown and tan coat just as soft and luxurious as Dawn's own pink fur. He remembered when he was first given Joltz, and when he first found Arboria, the memories playing in the back of his head as a friendly reminder of his past accomplishments and where he stood. It was all thanks to the hard dedication he had in training the two Evolution Pokemon before he evolved them. They had practically grown to be like siblings, always there for each other when they needed it or not. He remembered the bickering he caught from the two as he introduced them to one another before training them. His eyes looked almost distant in contemplation before he was pulled back into reality, and a smile crept up on his face as he regained his composure. What felt like minutes of memory recollection was only a small moment of blank recalling.

He looked at Alice in her eyes and smiled, kneeling down to pet the Jolteon and Leafeon behind their ears, feeling the static charge from Joltz and slight spiked up fur on one hand, while also feeling the fresh and soft fur that reminded him of blades of grass on his other hand. Joltz looked up to see the approving look of the Eevee, nodding at how he had his Jolteon fight. He looked over to Alice, wanting to share with her some hope. She was young. She can get this good, if she were anything like her brother in the battle department. That's when his voice rang out, a soft baritone voice echoing out in a hopeful and inspiring tone. "Yea? Joltz and Arboria are my best friends. And you know what? You can get good as this, too. I see your Eevee approves, and agreeing on what to work on is half the battle. And if battling isn't your thing, I bet you'd be really good at contests." He knew that Alice's Eevee probably wouldn't agree to the outward flair and expected form for showing off the techniques of a Pokemon's full capability, instead probably preferring the raw, unfiltered adrenaline in the midst of a duel, the damage and craters on the battlefield being made as if a miniature war broke out.

Now that he was thinking about it, he was the only child in his family. He often heard from others that younger children look up to their older siblings, but also annoy them in a special way that only siblings can manage amongst one another. He wryly smirked at Storm - the budding feeling in his chest from the mere sight of him spread warmth throughout his chest - before looking back at Alice, his mischievousness and curiosity glinting in his eyes. "I don't have any sisters or brothers of my own. I have only heard of this thing called... Sibling rivalry. Do you two experience that?"

Arboria had leaned into the nice scratching given by Sean as he talked to the young girl. She looked around her, looking at all the different kinds of Pokemon. The ones that stood out were ones that she knew were rare. How many of her own kind were there to be given out by trainers? Why was her species jumping in population? When she was younger, the own little pack she was in moved constantly, and for good reason. People hunted their kind - some going to trainers, others going to people who needed a support Pokemon, and the unlucky few? Well, she preferred not to think about that one for any length of time. Yet, she smiled serenely at Alice's Eevee and Dawn. They were very well trained and very well taken care for. At least more of her kind are being treated correctly.

Joltz had also leaned into the nice scratching given by Sean, his fur bristling and relaxing in quick succession from the spine tingle he received. He looked up to see the pink beauty standing there, smirking at them. Her magenta eyes, oh how he could get so lost in them. He tried to clear his thoughts by shaking his head, not wanting to get too distracted. He broke contact from Sean, who looked at him with a nod, and Joltz walked over to Dawn, smiling happily. A sincere smile at that. Not one of mischievousness or goofiness that he held before, but one of sincerity. He was happy to battle her, even though a victor wasn't determined. He was happy to be around her, to see her, to feel her presence. His fur jutted outwards again in nervousness, but he relaxed them back down. No need to feel too nervous around her. Knowing the Espeon's perception though, he knew she was probably going to notice his fur standing more on end for a moment as he got closer. He looked up at her, his ears facing back, but not flat like they were before from nervousness. No, he was being submissive. With how uncommon females were, males were the one who fought for dominance, while the females chose. He should be more masculine, but he wasn't.

Regardless, he extended out a friendly statement, his chitterings coming forth from his maw as it vibrated to make the noise reverberate. <That was a pretty great battle, if I hadn't been too stupid to alert the denizens from the trees about us. Sorry about that, but now that's behind me. I know Sean would like to have your trainer and his sister travel along. I would love for you to come with.> Saying his request was a bit of an understatement, but he had meant it. He could still feel the kiss she gave him on his cheek, radiating warmth from within his head. It felt nice to be loved, and he wanted to make sure she was happy. He wanted to safeguard her happiness, as if it was the most important thing on this planet.

(OOC: OH MY GOD, does that feel much better to type. XD You'll be expecting more of these posts from me.)

He nodded in agreement, before he stretched and yawned a bit.

He looked at his clothes in thought, and frowned a bit.

"Do you mind if when we get to the next town, I run into the nearest clothes store? My current ones kinda stick out...not to mention they're a bit older." he said, and motioned to his red shirt and casual pants

"Sure, I don't mind," Victoria said while eying the attire Jake has on currently, "I personally don't see any problems with it as my attire sticks out a bit as well, but we can stop by a boutique if you really want to."

Once that was decided, Nurse Joy return with both of their Pokémon. "Thank you for waiting. You'll be happy to hear that your Pokémon are now completely healed," she said, bringing back the tray of Poké Balls.

Bulbasaur followed Nurse Joy and jumped back on the counter. "Bulbasaur~!" He said cheerfully, now feeling completely restored.

"Thank you so much," Victoria said and petted Bulbasaur's head as she retrieved her Poké Balls from the tray. She then turned to where the video phones were at, lined up against the wall, and turned back to Jake. "Just one more thing before we depart," she said, feeling a bit bad for making him wait to get a move on to the next town, "I need to make a call."

She then went over to one of the video phones and dialed the number of her parents' house in Kalos. She picked up Bulbasaur to allow him to see the screen. "Hopefully they answer," she said.

Alice was ecstatic when Sean told her that she could be a great battler like him and her brother. She loved the attention, and it showed. She was glad to see that the guy was so nice. He even made her brother a bit flustered which was hard to do. "Do you really think I could become a great battler like you and Storm? I don't think I will be that great at it."

"Well Alice I know that is not true. I am sure when the time comes you will find your own path, just like I did." He smiled at his sister, and turned to Sean. "No we really don't have much of a rivalry compared to most siblings, as we have always been close to one another." He gave Alice a smile that showed the love he had for her. He really did care for the girl as she was one person who got him. Not everyone accepted him as he was. Especially on how he looked.

Dawn used her snout to lift up Joltz to have him look into her eyes. She stared at them for a moment. As if she was trying to see what they held. She must have been pleased with what she saw, as she noded once, and gave out a smile. "I would love to come with you and your trainer. It is a lot of fun to have more then just Storm and Alice. Do not get me wrong, I love to travel with Storm, but I would love to have more company as well."

"I'll be waiting over here," Jake nodded, and walked over to a row of benches, and sat down in one.

Sonny hopped up next to him, as he gently dangled his feet off the edge.

In a burst of light, Aipom popped out of his pokeball, next to Sonny.

The monkey pokemon grinned widely, and looked over at the two.

Sonny blinked and looked at it with a raised eyebrow.

"Welcome to the team," Jake smiled, as he looked over.

"I gotta give you a name..." he thought out loud, as he bit his lip.

Aipom started to poke Sonny with his arm-tail, as he smiled innocently.

Sonny rolled his eyes.

"Rab, raboot, rab..." he said with a sigh. As if a crazy Linoone on the team wasn't enough back in Galar, he had an Aipom to bother him now...this was supposed to be a vacation, right?

"....you're playful...prank a lot..." Jake said to himself as he watched.

"...prank...joker...jester...harlequin...Harley?" He asked the Aipom.

Aipom blinked and shook its head.

"Shoot...alright...uhhh..."

Aipom looked over at the nearby table, which had magazines set on it.

He quickly flipped through them, until he found one with the name he desired.

He picked it up with his tail, and showed it to Jake, who blinked in suprise and followed his point.

The human smiled and looked over at the monkey, then nodded.

"Alright...if you want that name, sure."

Aipom grinned widely.

"Weclome to the team...Dante."

Last edited:
Sean smiled at the excited look on her face, and chuckled a little when she said she began doubting herself. He spoke with her in a reassuring tone. "Oh, I know you will get better. People don't start out as good battlers just yet. Even I started out as a beginner and got better over time. It just takes practice."

He looked up at Storm when he began talking to Alice, feeling that sense of warmth bubbling inside of him as he talked. It felt pretty nice, but that made him blush a little bit. He got up and looked towards Route 29, urging them to go on. Although, a part of him was kind of hoping the two had a cute sibling rivalry, as it would be pretty fun to watch. He looked back to the two. "Nice. Though we should probably get going. That gym challenge isn't going to beat itself."

Arboria got herself ready to leave, already making her way slowly to Route 29. Joltz was busy staring into Dawn's magenta eyes, completely entranced as she lifted his head and looked deeply into his own. He smiled happily and nudged her cheek with his snout in a form of a nuzzle and he bounded for their trainers, barking. <Well, come on. We should go.>

Dante turned and looked at Sonny, as Jake grabbed a random magazine and started to flip through it.

<Sooooooo, ya from Galar?> The aipom asked innocently, as he copied Sonny's feet that swung back and forth.

<Yes...?> Sonny said with a raised eyebrow, as he looked over at the monkey.

<Cool, how Galar-y is it in Galar?>

<...what?>

<...Galar.>

<...are you gonna be like this the whole tr->

<Yes. While also providing the entertainment. You're looking at a self taught musician, prankster, comedian...the works.>

<...you wouldn't happen to know a possibly crazy and or intelligent Linoone who thinks the world is a giant stage musical and loves to mess with everyone he meets, and whos mother was probably a Mightyena, would you?>

<...am i supposed to answer that seriously or->

<Nevermind. You'll...meet Chester eventually.>

After a few seconds of ringing, a woman came up on the screen, which was Victoria's mother. "Mother!" She said.

"Bulba~!" Bulbasaur said after seeing his trainer's mother appear on the screen.

"Victoria, honey, so glad that you've called!" Her mother said, "Especially since you've decided to venture off to another region without even coming home first."

"I'm sorry, mother. I know I was planning on coming home, but Johto was just so close by that I couldn't miss the opportunity," Victoria explained while dipping her head apologetically.

Her mother sighed after hearing her daughter apologize. "Honestly, knowing you, I don't know why I'm surprised," she said, "It's just a shame. I was just getting things ready for your party on behalf of your return home and your achievement in the Indigo Plateau Pokémon League."

"It's not like I won or anything, and I don't see why you have to organize party every time I come home," Victoria said.

"A mother is allowed to celebrate her daughter returning home and seeing her becoming the woman that she is!" her mother stated, defending her position a bit.

"O-Okay, I get it," Victoria said, quickly backing down from the topic, "Where's father?"

"Your father just headed out and probably won't return for a while," Victoria's mother answered, "Speaking of missing people, where's that young man you were traveling with?"

"Oh, we parted ways just a bit after the league ended," Victoria replied. "He went to Vermilion City while I went to Pallet Town."

"I see, so you're currently traveling by yourself now?" Her mother asked.

"W-Well, not necessarily," Victoria said a bit nervously, not wanting to say much, "I did find someone else to travel with."

"Victoria, is it another boy?" Her mother asked asked, obviously not liking where this is going, "Because if it is-."

"Y-You know, I would love to stay and chat with you some more, but I've already kept my companion waiting for so long," Victoria quickly said, "Love you, mother. I'll call you soon."

"Hold on! Don't you dare hang up on your mo-!" Victoria's mother was then cut off as Victoria hanged up.

Victoria sighed in relief after ending the call. She knew that if they had kept going, her mother would want to insist on seeing Jake and give him a lecture about 'behaving' around Victoria, which would've really awkward to sit through. "Managed to slip by that one....for now," Victoria said as she knew she was just delaying it. She looked down at her Bulbasaur and asked rhetorically, "Why does she always have to make a big deal about me traveling with a boy?"

"Bulbasaur," Bulbasaur said.

Victoria proceeded to set Bulbasaur down and walk to where Jake was. "All done," she said, "Ready to go?"

"Mmhm," Jake nodded with a smile, as he stood up, and placed the magazine back on the table, and stretched his arms a bit.

"Think so."

The monkey pokemon jumped up onto his shoulders with a grin, as he held onto the back of his head, as his tail swished around. "Aipom!" Dante said, and waved his tail at the two.

"Oh-" Jake stumbled a bit in suprise at the sudden weight, as Sonny raised an eyebrow.

"Victoria and Bulbasaur, Dante. Dante, Victoria and Bulbasaur,' Jake said, as he smiled awkwardly as he motioned to each in turn.

<Hi, i'm here to annoy him.> the Aipom said to Bulbasaur casually.

<Might wanna rethink that if we're traveling together, technically I'm your team leader.> Sonny responded.

<Oh, i do...not wanna rethink that.>

<And why not?>

<Bold of you to assume that i follow a hierarchy chain and that I'm not the mastermind behind a massive rebellion who succeeded in overthrowing our government and establishing a democracy.>

<...>

<...I'm here all night, folks.>

Sonny rolled his eyes and turned away, as Dante stayed on his trainer's shoulders happily.

"Oh, hello Dante," Victoria said as she waved back at Dante, "He looks rather adorable riding on your shoulders."

Bulbasaur waved back at the Aipom as well with a Vine Whip and watched as he and Sonny conversed. <He sure is an....interesting one alright.> Bulbasaur said to Sonny, <Sure hope he doesn't start annoying me too.>

With a smile on her face, Victoria proceeded to exit the Pokémon Center with Bulbasaur following her.

"Yes we should head on. Though I think we should stop in the next town to do a bit supply shopping. We have not been here Johto long, so we need a couple of things for the journey." Storm smiled and begun walking. He loved the scenery of the route. He was glad to have the company with his sister and their new friend.

Dawn had become playfull after the bout of seriousness. She popped him on the head with her tail gently, and ran ahead. She turned around, and looked to Joltz. It seemed that she was not ready to give up their play.

Jake followed with a smile as he glanced back at Dante, who swished his tail as he looked down at the Raboot and Bulbasaur.

<I won't. I only do it occasionally.> the aipom said to the Bulbasaur, as he shrugged.

<Plus...I'm too comfortable up here to do anything right now.>

Sonny rolled his eyes slightly as the group walked.

"Next stop, Violet City..." Jake said and looked at her, before he cleared his throat.

"...kinda stinks though, i arrived in Goldenrod City and walked to New Bark, now I'm going back to Goldenrod," he laughed a bit, as he rubbed the back of his head awkwardly.

"Eh...doesn't really matter i guess," he said as they walked.

After some walking, Rick had somehow gotten lost in Route 30. He fought countless pokemon on the route that he and Scyther were beat up. He decided to take a rest on a tree. The shadows of the leaves covered him from the sun. The wind coming from Cherrygrove City were sweet, and he instantly fell asleep under the tree with his Scyther next to him.

Joltz barked at Dawn playfully as he bopped him on the head. A warmth surged through him from the point of contact and it made his legs wobble for a second before he regained control of them. Why was he so star struck with this Espeon? He didn't fully know, but maybe this Espeon was his type. Fun and kind, yet she was not against telling him what he did wrong. Maybe Espeon was his dream girl. As she looked back to look at him, he trotted over to her, not wanting to completely outspeed her since Jolteon were one of the fastest out of all of Eevee's evolutions. Hell, his trots were about as fast as some Pokemon's running speed, like a Vaporeon or a Flareon. Espeon were the second fastest out of all seven, but even an Espeon's run matches a Jolteon's jog.

Regardless, he trotted over to her, half expecting her to jump out of the way as he playfully nipping at her back ankles and tail, making a "nom" sound accompanied by a purr as he got close.

Meanwhile, Arboria chose to walk alongside Sean as he joined Storm and Alice on their way to Cherrygrove City. While it was a good idea to stock up, he had already stocked up some with his mother's money back in Kanto before he sent himself off to Johto. A few more PokeBalls couldn't hurt though, and a few Heal Balls would be splendid.

As they walked through Route 29, the sweet smell of Cherrygrove City could be smelled as they walked along, making the air somewhat fresher. There were some hills, grass that Pokemon love to hide in, and a windy trail all along this route. Still it was fun to travel through. Suddenly, Sean was taken back to memory lane as he remembered his first time walking through Route 1 with Joltz when he was just an Eevee. It was a rebirth of a new Sean, and he couldn't help but think this was going to be a fun rebirthing of himself again as he traveled through the Johto Region.

As they walked along, Sean noticed there was a gate that led north to a Route 46, but he wasn't keen on going there. He was more wanting to travel to get to Violet City in a short amount of time as possible.

He moved his hand over his belt before realizing he had another PokeBall slotted there for use. He then remembered that, while he was getting ready to travel to Johto, he encountered a Chinchou on his way here. Seeing that it was a Water/Electric-Type and it was discovered in Johto, he had caught it. He should send it out in a body of water to have fun in soon.

He looked over to Storm and Alice before striking up a conversation while they walked. "Hey, what do you two want to be once you get enough experience? I want to be a Grass- and Electric-Type Gym Leader."

Being very perspective, Dawn knew what Joltz had planned, so she done a backflip over the electric type. She ended up balancing herself on Joltz back as he walked. She used some of her telekintic powers to keep her weight off of him as she did not want to cause him harm. Wanting she see if she could cause him to trip up, she lowered her head and looked him into the eyes, with a smirk on her face.

"Well actually I am starting to work on my dream now Sean. I have had some success in getting a couple of my songs recorded, and have done a couple of concerts in Kalos and Unova. I took a break to spend some time with Alice as I have not been able to do so since I moved out. I even had a couple of my drawings featured in a couple of magazines, which I am very proud of. It took a lot of work, but I was able to achieve part of my dream." Storm smiled, and looked to Sean. He had a growing crush on the guy, which caused him to do a bit of rambling when he was asked the question.

Alice gave a little giggle at the sight of her brother so flustered. Though anyone that did not know him too well, would just see his calm appearance. She was very happy to see this, as she knew her brother worked very hard to get where he was. "Well I want to work on becoming a pokemon trainer. Though my goal does lean towords going for an ace trainer title. I would love to be one of the top trainers to have that title. Though it will probably take a long time before I am able to reach that goal."

"I can understand how you feel," Victoria said as they walked through Route 30, "I too had cases where I had to backtrack to towns or cities I've already been to. Whether it's because it's along the way or because I had to go back to do something."

A breeze blew through the route, which made Victoria's hair wave a bit. She closed her eyes for a bit as she enjoyed it. "The breeze feels so refreshing, don't you agree?" She said before opening her eyes and turning to Jake with a smile.

As Bulbasaur followed Victoria, he looked around and saw two familiar figures in the distance under a tree. The bug catcher and his Scyther. He looked up at his trainer and tapped her shoulder with a Vine Whip, "Bulbasaur."

Victoria looked down at the grass-type. "What's wrong Bulbasaur?" She asked.

Bulbasaur then pointed at the tree in the distance.

Victoria turned to where Bulbasaur was pointing and saw the bug catcher and his Scyther. "Oh my, it's those two," she said, a bit surprised to see them again.

Scyther saw the two figures walking along the Route. He nudged at Rick for him to wake up.

"What is it?" Rick asked as he rubbed his eye. He saw a boy with an Aipom and Raboot and a girl with a Bulbsaur.

Rick stood up and went up to them. "Hello," he said, "I haven't seen you before, are you two new? Well, it doesn't matter. I'm Rick."

"No, but I did see them when I passing through Route 29," Victoria replied to Jake before seeing the bug catcher approach them. After the bug catcher introduced himself, Victoria proceeded to say, "Pleasure to meet you. My name's Victoria, and this is Bulbasaur." She tipped her fedora a bit as she greeted.

"Bulba!" Bulbasaur cried out happily to greet himself after Victoria introduced him to the bug catcher.

"You might not have noticed, but I've seen you in Route 29 and at the Pokémon Center in Cherrygrove," Victoria said.

"Thank you," Victoria said, with a smile, in reply to Rick's compliment about her fedora. However, that smile quickly disappeared and replaced with a flustered look after hearing Rick ask if she and Jake were a couple. "W-What!? No, heavens no!" she said with a light blush, "We're just friends." She wondered what could've prompted him to ask such a question.

As the trainer's conversed, Bulbasaur went on to greet the Scyther.

"Oh, my bad," he said as his face turned red. He didn't know what to say to her at first. To break the tension, he said, "Are you two heading to Violet City?"

Scyther looked at Bulbasaur, <What's up>, Scyther said, <So you two saw my epic fight with that Pidgey!>

Jake heard the couple comment and blinked, before he blushed in embarrassment.

"U-uh...yeah, we're not a couple...name's Jake...and yeah, we're heading to Violet City," he said necore he cleared his throat awkwardly, and shifted a bit.

Sonny raised an eyebrow at Scyther, as Dante tilted his head to the side, and swished his tail.

<You must not be from around here> the Scyther said about Sonny.

<Because we have to Kanto and seen some parts of Johto and we have never seen someone like you>

Rick looked between the two of them. "If you don't mind, can I come along," he said. Scyther nudged him. "I mean we," he said reassuring Scyther.

Scyther turned his attention to Aipom. <I see you are the mischievous one>

While Rick waited for an answer, Scyther said, <My trainer has been anxious to catch an Aipom, perhaps if he does you will get to meet him one day and maybe even be friends. But not with that attitude>

"Really, that's great," Rick said packing his stuff into his backpack. After he finished he said, "Let's go," and began to walk around.

Scyther laughed. <Whatever. It is what it is. You are just the first mischievous pokemon I have met. That is all>

Joltz was confused for a moment, since he didn't notice where she went. Yea, she jumped above him, but it was so fast, his brain didn't register where she went. Then that's when he felt four tiny paws on his back. Looking up, he noticed her looking at him and he chuckled. Her head was upside down. He decided, since he was strong and big enough - bigger than the average Jolteon by seven inches, making him three feet and two inches tall from paw to shoulder - he would allow her to rest on his back. He chittered at her to let her know to relax and lay on him as he caught up to their trainers. His fur was very soft, with a few tufts spiking up from muscle tension and static electricity. The charged up lightning from their friction weren't going to affect each other until they touched metal or other organic creatures with bioelectrical signals.

Sean smiled sweetly, impressed at Storm's aptitude for the arts, both instrumentally and artistically. He could use some of that, as he's more hands-on with doing physical work. He also found his ramblings quite cute, and he smirked at how interested Storm sounded. "Nice, I should hear your music sometime soon then. Or maybe I can get a live show," he smirked at Storm teasingly, his eyes filled with mischief.

Sean listened as Alice explained what she wanted to work towards. Becoming an ace trainer is no easy feat and never will be, but he was glad she had ambitions and knew that this goal was going to take a lot of training and commitment to come out on top. "That's really cool. Maybe you can become an ace trainer someday. Just gotta stay committed though. I know becoming a gym leader is not easy."

As they were talking, Cherrygrove City was in front of them. The sweet, aromatic scent of the flowers wafted in their direction, perking up both Arboria's and Joltz's ears as they sniffed it in before relaxing into their walk. Even Sean felt calmer by the second.

After walking for a few minutes, Rick stopped to drink some water from his bottle. He gave some to his Scyther.

"You are probably tired of walking. You can rest up, since we need you ready for the gym battle," he said returning Scyther to his pokeball.

He looked at the large trees and the tall grass and sighed.